Speaker 1: But luckiest of lucky dips.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us. It's Melon Monty.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone, Hi everyone, How are you Monty?
Speaker 2: I'm great, Melissa, how are you?
Speaker 1: Sounds weirdy calling me Molica, doesn't it. I've never called you Melissa. I'm in trouble.
Speaker 2: Remember when I first met you, I called you Melanie and You're like, I'm not Melanie.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't think I answered like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not Melody, you dumb bitch.
Speaker 1: You actually do you remember when that actually was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's when we were filming something and I went to put ice trays of smoothies in the freezer and they all fell down.
Speaker 1: Do you know what really shocked me about that moment was you just laughed and you weren't stressed out about it. I was like, if that had happened to me, we made we're making videos with like you're making smoothie pops or whatever. I opened the freezer because typical Monty you would have just shoved it in haphazardly to get it out of the way, not thinking, oh that's not balanced properly. You opened the freezer and just think of green smoothie sludge everywhere. It just fell down. Onto the floor, down the fridge, whatever, and you laughed about it, and I'm like, I would have been so upset. I would have been like, oh my god, and now I'm going to clean it up and this is a disaster.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean on my mood. If I was at home by myself and that happened, I'd be like, oh fuck. But I mean we were there filming and there was a few rest to play.
Speaker 1: The butt, wasn't that? And I did tell you, you know the worst thing that ever happened to me in my life, which is a massive overstatement. I was putting cans of coke away Mark had bought like a block thing of care coke. I dropped a can. It went everywhere. That's sticky. No no, no, hang on, I'm not done. It took me, I reckoned, two hours to clean because it was everywhere, And then I was scared I was gonna get ants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably would have taken your average person twenty minutes to clean up, though, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Well it was everywhere. It was on chairs, it was just everywhere. I hate that.
Speaker 2: I hate when you just yeah, you drop and it gets like a tiny thing in it or spurts out where you sip, and you can't get to the sink quick enough because wherever you crack that thing open, you're not normally next to the sink, so getting it to the sink is stressful.
Speaker 1: So it's like it dropped and it exploded. Oh listen, I did it, and then I went to put an dropped another again. I don't think I've ever been sick. Well, speaking of being upset, I'm feeling okay today, so it's probably not going to make me upset. I was trying to read this to Mark last night and he couldn't give a shit. But I stumbled across this Instagram page. If you like writing, you will like this page. It's called Co Humans Project and the guy's name is David Flint and he's a writer. And heard of David Flint. Yeah, So like his Instagram page is just stuff he's written. There's this one that I've read last night that is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever read in my life. And it's about the caption he's written here is there is a special power in being unapologetically you, right, And I'm like, you know how hard we can be on ourselves sometimes for our quogues or you know, we feel we're difficult or whatever. But I thought, I'm going to read it out. Okay, it's just so good, Okay, right. There are people who carry you with them, even in ways you may never see. Someone somewhere is braver because of a moment they shared with you. Maybe it was the way you spoke with certainty when they doubted themselves, or the way you simply existed, confident and whole. They saw something in you that cracked open a space within them, a space where they allowed themselves to be more, to want more, to believe that they could reach for something just out of you. There is a person who still saves your words in their heart, tucking them away like a note preyer between pages. Maybe it was the way you made them feel understood, or the clarity you offered when they need it. At most, they still measure their steps against the advice you gave, still find themselves repeating your voice in the moments when they need direction. Someone still turns their head when they hear a laugh like yours, still wonders for just a second if you could be there, even when they know better. You are a light in the edges of their world, a presence that lingers in familiar places, in the details they cannot unsee. You mattered to them in a way that does not fade, and so you remain a memory that surfaces like waves. There is a heart out there that softened because of you, someone who had been guarded, hesitant, unsure of love until they saw the way you gave it. They saw in you a different kind of love, steady kind, something other than loss. They are different now because of you, and they love differently because of you, even if they never told you so. You have been someone's inspiration. There are eyes that have followed your journey from Afar, unseen but present, taking in the way you rise and fall and rise again. They have watched you persist, and because of that they believe that they can too, not out of admiration alone, but because your resilience has reshaped the way they see their own. Somewhere, someone still wonders how you are. They search for glimpses of your world in passing conversations, in places where you once stood. You are still part of their world, in small, quiet ways, stitched into their thoughts, in places you do not see. You are more than a passing presence. You are a ripple in the lives of others in ways both seen and unseen. You have changed people, softened them, strengthen them, stayed with them, and whether or not you realize that your presence has left something lasting. Oh, I just thought, my God, like automatically as well. What I think about is, you know, like I think about people that we've lost, and how it's those things in what is written that do stay. So you might physically die, but you don't ever die in someone's mind mind because of those things. And I just thought, it's so beautiful because we all have done that to people and people that we may never even meet. People like well, not for me, but like for you. There could have been one moment on radio where you were really vulnerable and someone has heard that and it's impacted their life in some way, whether it's connection or whatever. I just thought, God, we underestimate that the power of the power of just us and being ourselves and.
Speaker 2: How you do make other people feel. It's funny when you were reading that out though, the different people that popped into my mind for the different things, you know, like Mum was in my mind a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, and Stacey. You we started to chry and tell with was in my mind a lot like and you popped up even though you were reading it, you know, like, yeah, yep, I know, I know. It's almost a reminder of it's sometimes how special the people in your life are and how we don't really tell them totally, don't really take the time to tell them.
Speaker 2: But you also never think how you turn up for someone, do you know what I mean? You think outwardly of like, well, that person means that to me, and that person's so great to me, and I love that person. They always think of me, but you don't think of how you are like that to other people, where we can be and we are I know, fuck, we're awesome.
Speaker 1: I know. I would also maybe my challenge for next Lucky Dip is I do want about how I've negatively impacted people's lives. No, it would be longer, it would be longer. But wasn't that beautiful? And he's just got so beautiful, so many beautiful, beautiful words on that page. So if you like that sort of thing, yeah, have a look because it's so great and he's going to be releasing a book soon, so good.
Speaker 2: One, all right, Thank you everyone. No doubt many of you were tearing up as well, but mixed bag here. You never know, you never know what you're going to get. We will be back chatting to you guys on our next party. Thanks for listening, Buck for now, Love you,