Speaker 1: Right across Melbourne. This is never one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren Cleats here as well. We're doing it thanks to mate to what if it is Aussie for Travel. Let's catch up with our next guest.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is an ozzy businesswoman who's founded one of the world's biggest fashion retailers, Chopo.
Speaker 3: I started Chowpo from my parents' garage and now that business makes over one hundred million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: She's also one of the five sharks on the hit show Shark Tank.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Jane Lo whoa j Loo? Good morning morning, Good morning Jane. All right, how many businesses did you invest in last year and are they still going?
Speaker 3: So last year I ended up investing in three they're all still going. Yeah, they know they're doing well.
Speaker 2: What's a good pitch then, like, is it? Is it the charm? Is it the I mean, the budget's got to be you know, got to be right.
Speaker 4: I know they I know think sharks love subscription models. Oh yeah, is that true?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I think it's just really hard to nail subscriptions. So if someone can prove a model yes, but generally people people, everyone wants that, but it's really hard to get. So you've actually nailed it with two of the three my three things that I need because so first of all, yes, you're gonna be timing. You have to sell the dream because if you're not going to sell yourself, then no one else is talking about it. Ah. Yeah, that always helps.
Speaker 4: Ex sells flirting with the shark. Yeah. Do you have people pitching ideas to you now, like when you go to barbecues? Yes, yeah, I've got an idea for it's gonna be worth a fortune.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. I'm like, yeah, go do it.
Speaker 4: Well I'm glad you said do it because my eight year.
Speaker 3: Old emcited because I think this is a great idea.
Speaker 4: So my eight year old honey is money obsessed, let's be honest.
Speaker 6: A hustler, Jane.
Speaker 4: He's like, he'll also this.
Speaker 2: We kept you out of the studio, you know, in case he rocked in because he'd probably steal your handbag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was entrepreneur. He's an entrepreneur. So basically we used to live across the road from a baseball field and on a hot day he would sell icy poles. But he had a tip jar on the counter, and he would spray water on his face. It looked like he'd been out sweating and sitting there for hours. People felt bad and put money in the tip jarcket on him, But then as they walked away, he'd take money out of the tip jar and had a different.
Speaker 6: Jar round the count I want to look like you've got many tips.
Speaker 4: So the tip jar always looked empty. He made one hundred and sixty dollars in two days, smart super god, and this morning he has an idea he'd like to pitch you. Are you ready, Yeah, go on.
Speaker 2: Next into the tank.
Speaker 4: As a young boy with a new spin on jewelry.
Speaker 5: High sharks, my name is Hudson. When you were growing up, did you watch your sisters and mum putting on fancy jewey and think, wow.
Speaker 6: That looks flashy but wor color some starers foot. Well, now we can I give you Boidling, a line of cool flashy chains and jewey for kids from diamond basketball chains.
Speaker 5: Two friendship once that you can share with some mate. I have the stock, I have the website. Now I just need a shark.
Speaker 6: I want to join me and add some drink to boys lives with Boidling.
Speaker 4: So he has created boy Blain. He loves a bit of bling.
Speaker 6: He wears like, oh oh my god, he's a door.
Speaker 4: Hey. He loves a bit of jewelry, but there's no jewelry out there for boys, chains and stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a four year old, and when Taylor Surfaces was here and everyone had the tailor Swift bracelets and we made some. Some of the girls are work made me some. He my four year old love them. Yes, yeah, look, there's definitely there's definitely something there and he needs to Yeah, you should just get on TikTok. I feel she's gone cold.
Speaker 4: She's trying to get out, you know when they sort of like yeah, yeah, but it's not for me. It's not for me. I've already got a business that's a competitor.
Speaker 3: Four years to deal with.
Speaker 4: You just don't want any other kids to deal with.
Speaker 3: Poor Hudson.
Speaker 4: Well he's got his website. It's up and running, all right, So you love it. I know what you're saying. It's a classic line on Shark Tank. I'll be a customer, but not an investor.
Speaker 3: I don't want to break it's a lot.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great idea. I'll invest name.
Speaker 2: Does the Woodies on Shark Tank still? Yes, yes, yes, yes, and he's he still making bank? He sure is on he's an AUDI creator, he's a shark.
Speaker 4: Remember there was a guy that made the Doner suit. Do you remember that that was pretty much a knockoff of the audio. Was a sack suit made out of duna material. Yeah, and he walked around like Michel Man. I had one and everyone would have been taken the Pierce a Jane and now here they are sitting there with them.
Speaker 3: The producers and I have we pranked the shark so last year we actually had the idea of having something like a Doner, a wearable doner, just a prank. Davy's a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would have loved that Shark Tank.
Speaker 1: You can catch up on ten play if you've already missed last week's Otherwise you can see it fresh Wednesday night eight thirty on ten and ten Play.
Speaker 4: Jane Louis, thanks so much for jumping on. We love the show.