Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Jason Lawrence starting morning. The right away.
Speaker 1: Is Jason Lauren Nogel one hundred. Well, good morning and happy foraday everybody.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jason, Good morning, mister stand away. We are Lauren less again this morning. Poor thing is still off. We miss your loads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sending our best to Lozzi.
Speaker 3: So lad show continues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well nothing wrong with that, No exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean to be honest, sometimes we're more.
Speaker 1: Metro, yeah, la we are more feminine. Yeah we really are. Hey, Harry read the West Coast got fined one thousand dollars for flipping the bird to the gabba crowd. When was the last time you flip the bird? It feels good, Jason, No, no, it's kids.
Speaker 3: It triggers me. My mum back in the day broke the tendons.
Speaker 1: In two of her fingers, so she couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it was permanently up.
Speaker 1: What Yes, So she'd got to meet someone and.
Speaker 3: She broke the tendant in the middle the bird finger and then her pinky, so wherever we went she would walk around just yeah.
Speaker 1: People thought that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem The problem is like if we were in traffic and then she'd do a thank you, ways, thanks that, thanks letting in.
Speaker 1: She broke two tendants, so have a good day.
Speaker 3: It was a cross between watching my eighty year old mother flip the bird and do a shucker because she had the two.
Speaker 1: That you can't you should do it, tribute. I'm doing it for mum.
Speaker 3: Can you not flip the bird to the sky and say it's a tribute to my deceased mother? Anyway, Harley reed, that was all of us at the funeral mission.
Speaker 4: Mum.
Speaker 1: It's attendance, it's attendance, attendant, attendance, tendon. Hey, so when was the last time you did it? No, I'm pretty good. I'm pretty good in traffic. I am big on a thank you wave though, Yeah, I love it, massive on a thank you wave. You got to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've not that you should do this, but I've had someone before where I haven't.
Speaker 1: Let sorry, I've let them in and they haven't done it, and they haven't done it, and you do you give a passive, aggressive thank you, thank you wave. Well, thank you for that, thanks for waving. You have a good day.
Speaker 3: Yep, we're on the Monash. I even went to get off at their exit. I was like, hang, on. Let's not be that guy. Let's not be that rage.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I've started with a ball of energy, haven't I What's wrong? What was it that coffee to see some mother? I would say, Yes, you've started strong, Clint. Do you want me to give her a thank you? Thank you? Sorry, I'll see myself out. This is you, big boy.
Speaker 3: I miss you, Lauren. I miss you so much. Ay coming up today? Oh we got a money to go? Are your chance to win cash? Plus we're going on a family holiday. I'm very excited about this. We are going together around Clint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are, we are. I'm so pumped, but less pumped about seeing Melbourne blow. I must admit. On Saturday night playing the Bombers, I was putting my tips in for this weekend. Do you know what? I'n't done tips for years? And it's that feeling I get when I get to Melbourne. I'm like, oh, head or heart head? Yeah, you gotta win this thing. Yeah I'm already lagging. I saw you're on thirty. Oh really, yeah you're sort of mid table. I'm on ten. Last year I beat you too. Who's the sports jugalist around here? Honestly? Journalist in yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, so your chance to when you way to gather around that is coming up this morning. I'm talking flights a calm. You'll be staying with us. We're traveling together, and we go on the footy together. All you have to do is listen out for the footy horn. The airhorn we could blaster is it? We could blast it at any point a minute air horn the minute we do. Hit the phones and you join us on the trip here at nov what's the weather looking like for tomorrow? Clint?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow? You ask pretty good? I did pretty good. I mean today tops twenty three exactly what I asked. Check the app?
Speaker 3: What's the weather for tomorrow? Clint?
Speaker 1: Stand by wow thirty?
Speaker 3: Hello, how's it looking for the weekend?
Speaker 1: What do you think? I am the Bureau of Meteorology. I'm doing everything else, Lawrence, Sorry, lift what you know?
Speaker 3: Pull your weight with my game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's expressed. The weekend's looking a little bit wet. Showers on Saturday, Sunday twenty four, twenty.
Speaker 3: Two tomorrow, blue skies tops of thirty. We will take it. You're listening to Nober one hundred. It is Jason Clint this morning, Lauren is still away. We're sending a love.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I rattled this morning.
Speaker 1: What's upset the apple cart? That's another expression, thank you. I'm what what's wrong with me? I don't know, but you're going to do beheading by seven. That's what I'm aiming for.
Speaker 3: I got three kids at home under eleven. I've got an emotional wife, and I've got a young child in here this morning, who's a man child?
Speaker 1: So much fun and it is I'm actually overheating in here. It is just are you're right? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It is just gone eight past six, and I'll just give you an insight intoms because you're you're a single lad. Yeah, no kids, this is my morning so far at eight past six, I've got how many miscalls and text messages?
Speaker 1: Well, there's six six miscalls? And how many texts?
Speaker 5: Are?
Speaker 3: They give me eight texts?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And because that phone was ringing ringing, the phone has not stopped. It was like I was in a mass arge parlor. It was vibrating so much.
Speaker 3: My eight miscalls, Well.
Speaker 1: That's what's happened.
Speaker 3: My three year old is going through what they call sleep regression, where you think you're in this little patch and they're sleeping and it's like we've done it. We've just moved him from a cot to a bed.
Speaker 1: So it's a he's lulled you into a false sense of security.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and then you start to love them again and then he's.
Speaker 1: Like, surprise, I'm ready to play.
Speaker 3: And the problem is now he's in a bed. He can get out, but he can't get out of his room because so he should.
Speaker 1: It's not jail. It's like pentridge or something.
Speaker 3: Somehow breaks through the cable ties. I don't know how, damn you. And the problem is like he can get out of the bed, but the door handles at our place are quite high, so he can't get out of his room two o'clock in the morning, and he doesn't knock, he just goes. So it honestly sounds like the police are raiding our house.
Speaker 1: Question here, does he does he toilet himself? Does he toilet himself? Does he go to the toilet by himself? Don't dad the parents call it toilet? Come on, you need to go toilet? Does he have a nappy on at night? Yes? Okay, as I was thinking he might need to go the toilet.
Speaker 3: R Does he toilet himself. You know, he's got a nappy on at night. But then what he does is he is three. They're just scared, you know. So you get him, you put him back in his bed. You're like, all right, mate, back to sleep. And then this is where the mind games begin because he doesn't want you to leave. So he goes, Dad, need to go the toilet now two in the morning. I'm like, just pish yourself.
Speaker 1: You were in a nappy in ten years, I'm going to be in your and I continue now I'm not going to be getting out of bed. Yeah, well you see's yourself with that.
Speaker 3: Actually, just go go. But he also knows that you don't want to tell him that because all day you've been teaching him not to do that.
Speaker 1: I get you again, mixed messages.
Speaker 3: So then all right, let's get out of the bed. We're off to toilet himself, and then you've got to get him back in bed. Then it's new nappies.
Speaker 1: It's just so what time is this, Like, what time does this start?
Speaker 3: About about one thirty, just as you're getting to be your third night club.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, gracious, yeah, funny, funny enough. At about three o'clock. It's about the same time you yourself, That's what I'm sort of thinking about, KFC. Yeah, oh no, no, that's not for me.
Speaker 3: It's called Levin Clenn.
Speaker 1: What's it called again, lit regression.
Speaker 3: Sleep, regression, torture.
Speaker 1: No, honestly, I feel like I've just spent the night at Guantanamo. Well he has, because you've locked him in his cot.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Melbourne. You are on the air with and Laura and Clint here as well, just gone twenty past six. Ticket Tech is a place to go if you want to head to the Avalon Air show this weekend. Huge crowds expected. It's always a ripping weekend. They're an Avalon and look. In the lead up to it, we want to set this opportunity to surprise a bit of a character who we've had on this show over the years. Nick, the aeroseexual. You might have heard him on the show. This is the guy. He's a grown man and he's been building a flight simulator in his spare bedroom at home.
Speaker 6: Nick, Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: How are we got the flight simulator up and running.
Speaker 1: In what's the latest?
Speaker 6: Yeah, flight simulators up and running, not to what I wanted at at the moment. I'm having some technical diguguties at the moment, but I am getting there. It's definitely half up and going and enjoying my flights into the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: I remember we put you on the first Bonza flight.
Speaker 6: That's right, you're sure, yeah, yesterday.
Speaker 7: Do you get excited about the air show?
Speaker 6: Air show? Guys, actually just thinking about that this morning. I've got my tickets all lined up ready to go. My departure time from where I live to the airport to Avalon is about two thirty am. I should get out there about four four thirty for an eight o'clock start.
Speaker 8: So hang on, You're going to get to Avalon at four thirty in the morning, so you're first in line for the.
Speaker 6: Air shows, mate, Guys, I've got to be first in line. I'm like a school kid. I've got my cap, my t shirt, my backpack, my drink bottle. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 7: I'm what are you most excited about seeing?
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 6: The most excited about seeing is actually the look. I'm more about commercial airlines, as you all know. But when it comes to the Avalon air Show, they bring some of these Japanese fighter planes over. You've got some areos sonic planes coming over. It's really a mixture of everything, and the best thing is that is seeing it live in action. Right on the side of the runway. We get to place your chair for the day by the recall racing planes. It's really really great atmosphere for the day.
Speaker 3: Nick, I reckon, we can do better one up here than you sitting by the runway.
Speaker 1: Nick, Nick, Nick, our aerosexual.
Speaker 8: How would you feel about this?
Speaker 1: This year we want to send you airborn.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 1: We have spoken to the Australian Air Force and we are sending you up in the rules Stop playing.
Speaker 6: You're kidding me.
Speaker 1: You're getting airborne.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: The Rulettes. I mean, they're the guys we say in the sky.
Speaker 7: They're amazing. I do all kinds of tricks and clips.
Speaker 6: You can go, mate, I'm cheane, I'm there. I'm already packing my back as your fake. I'm going now. I'm going to wait an extra two weeks.
Speaker 1: Nick, you are getting airborne with the Australian Air Force. We're sending you up with the Rulette Squadron.
Speaker 6: Fantastic, Thanks so much, guys. This is amazing. Oh my god, this is anything better than my word? I could do. My god, this is amazing. I'm there, baby, I'm gonna caap me in and I'm going to have that pro cam. I'm like, I'm going to film the lot.
Speaker 8: Nick, what are you going to eat beforehand? You don't want to get travel.
Speaker 1: See he's Tom Cruise. Here's your top gun.
Speaker 7: What are you going to have in your diet to prepare to join the rule leg?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually fasting at the moment eighteen hours a day, so I might have to skip that just to put some protein in my guts just for that flight. I mean, you don't want to go a milkshake in five No.
Speaker 1: We've always said a milkshake is a meal.
Speaker 6: Don't have a milkshake, brother, But no, I probably will might throw down an apple and you know it might tast a couple of red bulls.
Speaker 1: Give your red bulls. I then you'll throw up the apple.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 1: Well look we love you, Nick.
Speaker 3: And this as soon as this came across the desk, we're like, this.
Speaker 7: Is we've got to send the error.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 6: Treat, So mate, guys appreciate it. Thank you so much. You've made my day. You've made my whole year like nothing's going to top to.
Speaker 8: All right, Well we can't wait for a four of you, but go pro on your head and see how it goes. We can't to hear about it.
Speaker 3: Me getting airborne with the Australian Air Force roulettes, Nick, aerosexual buddy, have fun in the sky.
Speaker 8: You got your aviators ready, top gun style.
Speaker 6: My got my avi I's ready. I'm going to have my GoPro on the helmet. I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna fly that baby.
Speaker 1: No, So, guys, that call with Nick was two weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, is he gone up in the plane yet?
Speaker 1: Yesterday he went airborne and he joins us. Now, Nick, how was it made?
Speaker 6: Fantastic? Guys, that was amazing. I had the best time. Honestly, I can't thank you guys. That never enough for the amazing opportunity. It was life thrilling and it was, oh my god, it was the best, especially being in old, such an old aircraft, the nineteen fifty six window. I went up in what's what year?
Speaker 1: Sorry, what year?
Speaker 6: Nineteen fifty six? That was bilorn and built under the west Gate Bridge. Do you bomb Fisherman's Bend? No, I didn't. So I actually did have an air sickness bag, but no, it had a few gs there, so I was under a few g's on on the fly. But it was yeah, no sickness.
Speaker 8: We're just watching a video of you. They have fully kissed you out in.
Speaker 1: Like an army guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, full full flood the guy's helm with the lot the wings are the gloves and everything.
Speaker 3: To start off with.
Speaker 6: I was a bit shaky because going up in an aircraft so old. But I was under the command of Wing Commander Adrian Birch, who's been in the Air Force for forty four years.
Speaker 1: Where did you sit on the airplane?
Speaker 6: So I sat right next to the parlor, side by side. It was a bit of love cat with her knees.
Speaker 7: But yeah, did he let me touch anything or did he say nixt I got to fly?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so I a couple of half barrel roll shut up.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, there you are. You're controlling it.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's me controlling it over the robe there.
Speaker 1: So, Nick, was this like a dream come true? Mate?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's like quite simple in real life.
Speaker 7: Honestly, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 6: Better you guys know, what I'm like with the Gold Coast. But this is better than the Gold Coast.
Speaker 8: Just for some context, Nick, when he says flying to the Gold Coast, it's in a simulator.
Speaker 7: Real plane.
Speaker 8: This is amazing. Was this one of the coolest things you've ever done in your life?
Speaker 6: This is a this is you know, between me and you, guys, this is probably better than my wedding.
Speaker 7: We won't tell you what.
Speaker 3: We won't tell I'm so glad we got to do this for you. You've been a long time friend of the show. You're always on call whenever we talk planes, and this was just really cool that we've got to make this happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, honestly, guys, I can't thank you enough. I can't thank to one hundred a bas point called and everything in between, the ADF personnel, Shannon at Mint Partners and having the time out there at Ava Comedia. It was fantastic, Nick, really really good.
Speaker 1: Nick question.
Speaker 3: Yes, if we go to war and they have to call you up, can you operate the plane?
Speaker 6: Mate? I'm there, I'm there in the window. I'll get it out of the Rack Museum.
Speaker 7: Hopefully we're not using that for the wall.
Speaker 1: The defense budget's a little.
Speaker 8: Bit now if just before we let you go, could you just give us a quick We're just landing into Melbourne and across arms and disarmed doors or whatever they say.
Speaker 6: Alrighty, let's give it a go. What are we coming into Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Very good morning ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Melbournehere the local time. It's just going on nine to forty am. We're coming across Melbourne now. Please remain seated as the captain has switched us off seabot signs and the aircraft has come to a complete stop. Please take it caution when opening overhead compartments, as your luggage may have moved throughout the flight. I'll be half of the cabin crew and the captain would like to thank you for flying with us today and welcome to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Just listening.
Speaker 8: He's not a pilot nor a host here, just a plain enthusiast. Good on you, is our erosexral Well done.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four to ten jays interested to hear from Melbourne. Was there a job you were doing that you didn't last long? In O as in pulled one shift, two shifts maybe and then shown the door straight after this on the back of F one ace Liam Lawson, who was happily employed by Red Bull, one of the big constructors in the Formula One Championship.
Speaker 3: How well was he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a news he's a new driver, Kiwi boy. So he's been dropped after two races. He crashed out in Melbourne and then finished sixteenth at the Chinese Grand Prix second race, second race. He's been shown the door already. That's that's sad. He's been demoted to the Junior Racing Bulls team and Yuki Sonoda has taken his place already. It's a ruthless industry. It's ruthless, but really only you know, you imagine the conversation.
Speaker 3: Like, how do you actually I actually had a made of mine age who got a job at Channel nine your your evil empire. He lasted a day.
Speaker 1: He was an editor and he was working out of the Sydney Channel nine. Yeah, and apparently apparently apparently don't enough.
Speaker 3: They've moved to nicer facilities over there. They have, right, because where they used to have Channel nine, wasn't it like a little village.
Speaker 1: It was a it was like it was so weird. They were like little huts. It was little cottages.
Speaker 3: Like a caravan park around. So was it like did Channel nine by the street and all the houses or did they literally the top of a mountain and they built this little community Willoby Yeah, yeah right, and you drive around a commune.
Speaker 1: It's not a commune. It was a television station. But yeah, there was. There was just seven little cottages. Like there's funniest home videos exactly.
Speaker 3: Cottage. Yeah, there's a jumping pillow.
Speaker 1: There's a big satellite dish right in the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Why don't know?
Speaker 1: We commune, like, isn't it? It is?
Speaker 3: So from what I gather, the editing department was underground because he signed up to be an editor at Channel nine. He got his little swipe card post for the ID photo, walked in down into the bows of Channel nine and was like, oh my god, I'm sitting down here, no windows, No, this is not for me.
Speaker 1: He just did a you eat walk straight out. Didn't give it a chance. Oh that's a bit one day. Got to give it a day, one day in and out, third and twenty four to ten. How long did you last in your job? Like was it a short, short experience?
Speaker 3: How many jobs you had?
Speaker 1: I've had too So your first job out of school was Channel nine? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I've been therefore started in two thousand and one. What are we now? Twenty four years?
Speaker 3: Do you think you've got Stockholm since?
Speaker 1: Probably? Probably? I mean if you count, if you count our experience at the other place, three yeah, it's just like a raised.
Speaker 3: We don't count that name. So how many years of Channel nine twenty four would you been the longest? Say?
Speaker 1: Oh, no, hitch one hundred and twelve. He's been there since he was an infant.
Speaker 3: And did they build the commune around Dickie Wilkins or thirteen twenty four ten is our number? How long have you lasted in the job? I'll tell you what. If you're on a job site this morning to like, hey bar, remember we flicked that apprentice after three hours? Give us a ring and tell us why.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In return, I got free stuff to go this morning? How about two hundred dollars Anaconda vouchers, which is pretty cool, pay less and you can play more this east thanks to Anaconda. I've also got Coked vouchers to go as well. You want to score some of those? Thirteen twenty four ten? How long did you last? In a job. And if it wasn't you, how long did someone last at your workplace? Until you see turtles? How long have you lasted in a job? Thirteen twenty four? Ten is our number.
Speaker 1: The pressure can get to you, jas and some you know, it's just like pack it up, go.
Speaker 3: Home, Meg, good morning. How long did you last?
Speaker 1: Longing?
Speaker 4: I lasted in my job approximately three hours?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: What was the job? Firstly?
Speaker 4: I was going in for a hairdressing apprenticeship.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it seems pressure. Yeah, it also seems more glorified than it is. Your job would have been to sweep, sweep up the hair and wash.
Speaker 2: Oh is that all it is to begin with?
Speaker 4: That's pretty much all it is.
Speaker 1: What about those lovely scalp massages?
Speaker 4: That is a learning curve?
Speaker 3: I love scalp marrier.
Speaker 4: I also didn't know going into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, and what you just said, No, this isn't for me, I'm out.
Speaker 4: It was that particular salon had which I now went into the industry afterwards. Yep, in a different place, and that someone in particular has a bit of a.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, gotcha. Cut. It wouldn't be just cut, no, anything with a cardboard cutout of Grant Dan, you're in the window just cut is okay by me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: The just cuts of Westfield, south Land. I don't know Grant if he's still signed up as the ambassador, but that little cardboard cutout still the window and it's looking sad. Third aight, twenty four to ten? How long did you last? There's a very funny story I want to get to after seven o'clock. Let's just say a newsreader's been caught doing something.
Speaker 1: Not not any old news reader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is great. We're going to get to it in the secon first though, we're talking how long have you lasted at a job?
Speaker 1: Tash from Doraen, Good morning? How long did you last in your employment?
Speaker 9: Morning? It wasn't me, it was one of mine employees. She lasted about three hours. She went out for lunch and never came back, left her coffee cup, left everything. Can just go to where I work?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well? What was the job admin assistant? Okay? And did you give you a reason as to why or do you just never heard from her? Again? Just dust?
Speaker 9: We never heard and then we eventually got hold of the agency who we hired her through about a week and a half later and they said, no, she just didn't like it and just left.
Speaker 3: How is it? You know what, At least you get to avoid the awkward conversation exactly. I don't mind that I walked out. I was working at Channel seven as a cable assistant. Oh yeah, so like you know what, the foot you see the cameraman run up and down the sideline and then behind them they'll always be like a young little whipper Snippert told the camera cable and all my mates are get pissed on the hill going cble go and we had to set the cameras up for the horse racing. Yeah, and they're like, hey, carry these giant heavy cases to the roof of the stadium.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, no worries.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to go the bathroom.
Speaker 1: And you didn't come back ever. You could still you could still walk into Channel seven the Christmas part. You should heather into a rain.
Speaker 9: Good morning, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 3: How long do you ask in the job?
Speaker 9: Four hours?
Speaker 3: What was the job?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 10: An admin assistant And I was eighteen, so it was like thirty years ago now, and I still remember. The guy was a bit creepy and at lunch time. I went on my lunch break and myself, I'm not coming back to this job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good for you again. It just I think it's better.
Speaker 1: It avoids librating, but you do need to fill out all those paperwork. Yeah, is it worth it? Number Super? I've got Super in six different places.
Speaker 3: Where do I do? You know what? I'm just going to tick the box and use their supercom Hey, Alsia, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you both?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not bad?
Speaker 1: How long did you last? Oh?
Speaker 9: I didn't even make it in I didn't even get that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got the job.
Speaker 9: But it was friend's final day and I was at a friend who was planning on having some drinks for grant final day and go out. That was more appealing than starting a job at pasta deli.
Speaker 1: What is it called pasta deli?
Speaker 11: Pasta deli?
Speaker 9: On k incidents?
Speaker 1: So taught me through it. The game's finished and you've gone no, we're going out to celebrate on.
Speaker 9: I should have actually started at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's great. You can't be made. I mean they shouldn't be. They shouldn't be asking you to Between the footy and Tortal leaning, I know what I'm doing you a speaking.
Speaker 3: Of the footy port play an esceidence tonight, Marvel's.
Speaker 1: Struggle, Yeah, the Power of the Barber's watch your money on? Well, I've backed I backed the Power apprehensively. Now this is Brodie Executive produces mob Brodie. Are they going to win?
Speaker 12: We are going to bring the lightning and we're going to bring the victory.
Speaker 1: Is over compensating and change my tip? Not a chance in health? What do you tip the bombers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gone the bombers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everyone, it is just gone eight past seven. Just listening to your sport there so AFL players. The suffers from Tourette's.
Speaker 1: Play to the Power was given the news yesterday. What a moment it was. Ken Hinckley, the Power coach, let him know who's in the side, and yeah, he suffers from Tourett's syndrome.
Speaker 3: I love watching those videos of the craze finding out that they're going to play for the first time.
Speaker 1: And then telling their parents as well. It's always magical. But congratulations to him. It's a tom story.
Speaker 3: Well done. Hey, coming up on the show a little bit later on this morning, your chance to win five thousand dollars. Albow is going after gen Z. We're going to talk about that, and we got your chance to join us at gather Round. I cannot wait for this. Flights, accommodation, tickets to the game. We're all traveling together. Oh yeah, play the horn now, no or you have to know. Don't go well, they get to tell me when I can do it. Don't go early. This is a problem. We've had your whole life today night. I want you to hold out.
Speaker 1: Maybe you but.
Speaker 3: At some point Clint, sure positive, Clint, I miss you Lauren. Lauren's not here today, and god am I missing her?
Speaker 1: You sure?
Speaker 3: It's like dealing with another child this morning.
Speaker 1: Had a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: Producers. Can someone grab that melotonin off my desk? I think it's time for Clinton. You'll see later on in the show when you Clint blast the footy horn, give us a ring, and you are on the plane. There's no stand by Lissa in the drawer. You will get a seat on the plane. You and a friend will be joining us on a family trip to gather around.
Speaker 1: Up next though a newsreader in a lot of trouble jas.
Speaker 3: We'll go there after this. On Novar you're on nob one hundred where minus Lauren this morning, poor thing is off again, sending our love and we miss your loss. It is Jason Clint with you this morning Tops to twenty three and tomorrow get this Melbourne shere back the sun will be out thirty as a top. Get your pins out, May pool party tomorrow. Slip stop slap that Ninja's lushing machine is going to get a workout.
Speaker 1: Are we actually invited or not?
Speaker 3: It's just letting you know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe next summer maybe, Hey, Jace, if Lauren was here, she'd be somewhat distracted. She does get distracted easily, doesn't she.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a nice way I put it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like even with it. We've got TVs in this studio which show the Today Show, and every now and then we'll be talking to Lauren on the radio and she'll be watching what Tim is doing the weather.
Speaker 3: To be fair, even lod says, if I'm not looking at you, I ain't listening.
Speaker 1: She's honest about it. You know. Sky News Australia, the wonderful team news team at Sky News Australia. They were in the budget lock up. Now what happens on budget night is you effectively get the budget before the public does and you get the chance to go through the papers, but it's embargoed. So let's say you're going to lock up at five o'clock in the afternoon and the budget comes out at eight o'clock, so you've got three hours to digest it and build your stories and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a fun three hours anyway.
Speaker 1: Journalist Sharon Markson from Sky shared images to Instagram of her poosing in the Sky News camera lock up with on the TV screens in the background. Channel nine Married at First Sight brilliant. It was the infamous exchange between controversial couple Athena and Adrian fighting in their apartment. The Sky News team they couldn't get enough of it, it seems ja so they were sitting there watching the OTI first site instead of taking in the budget. Yes, I love that, I mean, I understand. Oh god, you've been absolutelytracted before. Yes, I could have made of mine. I won't say his name. Chris Sipel. He's a teacher.
Speaker 3: He's a teacher, and he used to not that I can done this, but on Cup Day, this was in BRIDSB and he used to teach year eleven science, and he would send me a photo of him at his desk and the photo like sort of take it behind his shoulder and it'd be all his kids in his class doing an impromptu test, and he would have his iPhone with sky racing leitting on the teacher's desk looking at him.
Speaker 1: See, I think that's he'd be form, he'd be punting. Well, that's poor formed, because I think he should have got the kids to watch it. Now.
Speaker 3: I can't believe do they still do that in school now? Were they stopped?
Speaker 1: Or they used to? When we went to school, they used to wheel in the television. We used to watch the cup. We used to have a cup sweep in. Let's stop learning. See you get number six that little trolley and miss how Odd's work get wheeled in probability that good old days chase. I've been caught as well. Should I save it?
Speaker 3: No? I want to know all right?
Speaker 1: Last, So every Sunday I present the five o'clock afternoon news. It's like the national news and then twenty five minute news and then just recycling. Would that recycling?
Speaker 3: But you know, like doing new one.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, get my back up recycling. So this is the national national use. I think it was going to air in all states, set for the New South Wales, so a lot of people watching. But also it clashed with my beloved DT men who were playing. So there's a little television screen above the camera to the right of the camera which I asked to put on. Yep, and I wrote every bump of that Melbourne with the third quarter. Actually it wasn't as disastrous as the last quarter. But could you tell, like if you watch the news back as you're reading the story, can you tell when your house has gone up in flames in OPA my key prices sector? So silly, silly man, thirteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty four to ten. What were you meant to be doing? And what were you watching?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good, you know what I reckon.
Speaker 1: People get married, a lot of weddings, a lot of weddings. There could be births, like birth of a child.
Speaker 3: I actually, yeah, I've got I've got a friend who her husband was watching Bathist and she was think, sweet.
Speaker 1: Well, if you sort of hold it back enough, you know, she probably wouldn't see what she kept on saying, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. In return, I got tickets to the Australian Beer Spectacular.
Speaker 3: This is always a bit of fun. Abs, that's right, love beer, cocktails, whiskey and wine. Don't miss GABS the Great Australian Beer Spectacular April fourth and fifth.
Speaker 1: Tickets through ticket Tech Otherwise.
Speaker 3: I've got doubles to go this morning, plus I'll chuck in two hundred dollars food and Bevy vouchers for each winner.
Speaker 1: Hello, fantastic. What a day out?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? What were you meant to be doing and what were you watching?
Speaker 1: For asking Melbourne? What were you meant to be doing and what were you watching? This is all inspired by the fact that the beautiful Sky News team in Canberra they were meant to be doing the budget and they were watching maths.
Speaker 3: Blame them. This would be a good one. Robin is in packing him. Your husband was guilty of watching something? What were you meant to be doing? Hello Robin?
Speaker 1: Hey, Rob's hi?
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We're good? How are you yeah?
Speaker 11: I was about fifty years ago and I was in labor in the label Ward and my husband brought up this little portable TV you could carry around in because it was Melbourne Cup times because he was born in November and him and the nurses were watching the races.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in labor like I'm Robin.
Speaker 11: In contractions, and they're watching the Melbourne Cups.
Speaker 1: They were watching the race, and who was up the other end? Nobody? Who was up the other end waiting for baby No One?
Speaker 11: The nurses are watching the race. So I'm just breathing away, having to.
Speaker 3: Be fair as a dad, to be fair there as a dad who's been in the best suite three times, labor ken draw like the race is a couple of minutes. You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Well, I can drag on, but.
Speaker 1: You don't get the right to say to be fire things swam just daring.
Speaker 3: Annie ingreats back, good morning, good morning. All right, your brother in law? What was he guilty of?
Speaker 11: He was on the phone.
Speaker 5: Watching Melbourne play Essadon at my wedding.
Speaker 1: Good on him? Is he back for the d's Yes? He guy goes out to him. You guys still together like you and the husband?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: Right, Unfortunately I had to convert.
Speaker 5: I had to change teams.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Right. Did did he have a good day? Did they win?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately he would have been he would have been bitter in the speech.
Speaker 1: To Morning Reese, Morning, what was your hobby doing?
Speaker 13: Very much like the first caller, I was in labor and had gone on a really long time. So it was about at this point, about twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: See what I mean, it drags And.
Speaker 13: He was watching mash and it must have been one of his favorites because he's seen everyone ten times. And he actually told me to.
Speaker 1: What so your he's going, darling, yeah.
Speaker 13: And looking the other way, holding my hand, watching the TV on the roof, and where's.
Speaker 3: He currently buried? In Melbourne?
Speaker 13: I can't say, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's no coming back from that. Surely with the breathing, didn't you duck out to get like some sort of takeaway? Well, your beautiful wife was in the final stages. It wasn't the final final stage. She had like minutes to go. You say, like there's an arm hanging out. No, it was at the start of labor. This was our first child and when you go now hang on. Then was about to go into surgery and he said, if you want the EP duror, I can give it to you now, otherwise you may not get me. So we had the EP duel early and then the nurse said, look, nothing's going to happen for a little bit, so Lou, why don't you have a nap? And then she looked at me and said you should probably eat now because you know we're going to get.
Speaker 3: Into it soon. So I went to sushi train.
Speaker 1: Oh how many plays a sous? You had a couple of gios.
Speaker 3: Come to think of it, flicked on a little phone.
Speaker 1: Oh what a day for you. I was back there for the game. Did you take her back a sushi roll? I did? Actually, you're good on you, Peter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine was the opposite of the birthing. Sweet. I was having a sect.
Speaker 1: To meet, right, and who was watching a show? Well?
Speaker 2: I walked, I got flotted into the table and the surgeon had the ice hockey final of the winner Olympics.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, you want to Yeah it's a big match, Peter, I know.
Speaker 2: And it was a good game. Yeah, it was a good game. I'll give him that. But yeah, the surgeon had it on the This is back in the TV days, and so he had it up on the TV while he was using a thermal lance to play show and tell and showry.
Speaker 1: What's it called.
Speaker 2: A thermal lance it. No, he actually hit my leg with it because he wasn't paying attention and then denied it like I'd made it up.
Speaker 1: Hang on which which leg?
Speaker 3: Talking up?
Speaker 2: One of the ones that I could still feel?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Yeah, no, that's you want to be focused on the job there.
Speaker 1: Did everything go all right in the end, Peter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They send you a letter after a test and it starts with congratulations. Oh no, congratulations you no longer have swimmers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And who won the hockey?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Let's head to parliament, Yeah, Canberra. I quite like Question Time in Parliament. It might be the journo in me, but I like watching it because how was to go for I think about an hour and a half each time? Bring a fish into parlim Yeah, I saw that. That was in the Senate. This is in the House of Representatives where obviously the Prime Minister and the opposition leader sit, and each day there is question Time and we're nearing a federal election, but before then a budget is handed down. Now, Anthony Alberanzi has gone on the attack and I love an insult. Paul Keening was the king of the insult? Was he at in Question time I'm a prime minister. But Anthony Albanesi has fired one across the hull towards Peter Dutton and it made me laugh.
Speaker 12: Mister speaker, they are delulu with no solulu, mister speaker, they are completely delusional.
Speaker 3: I saw this yesterday, insults and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, no, see I was the other way. I was like, that's good that at least he's got a bit of personality.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But I just go, well, that's is that a gen Z think? But he's a de lulu so lulu. Let me ask your twelve year old producer, gen Z, what is de lulu with no lulu? De lulu with no slulu. That means you're delusional? Well, absolutely no solution de lulu salulu. Yeah, right, makes sense, I like, but crafty.
Speaker 3: But if he's going to be a prime minister, right, can you imagine something?
Speaker 1: He already is the prime minister.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, just the way the world is at the moment, I don't want some sort of meeting at the.
Speaker 1: I don't want some sort of stiff sitting there.
Speaker 3: But also you mentioned there at the UN Trump is there with his hand on the button and you've got your trumpy.
Speaker 1: Don't be Trump such an outstanding character.
Speaker 3: Just think you know you're the prime minister.
Speaker 1: We can't be talking that. I like it de Lulu with no s Lulu.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to throwing a bit of shade.
Speaker 1: Yes, this has got your nervous and I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I'm highly nervous. Brody executive producer is in. He thought, well, look, good morning, Brody.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: If Albow can throw shade, I'm sure our listeners can. So, Brady, you have drawed the Internet overnight and found the most negative comments of people throwing shade.
Speaker 1: Now, when Jay says drawled the internet, was it hard to fight?
Speaker 12: I was on Google back to page twenty nine and beyond.
Speaker 3: Because everyone's only felt sorry for us in the last year. Yeah, not so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So these are keyboard warriors throwing shade at Jay, Lauren Clinton, myself.
Speaker 3: Oh mate, I can't keep going with you.
Speaker 1: You want to be in the show. You don't want to be a angel. I'm an angel.
Speaker 3: Whatere do you go?
Speaker 12: From the first article, which was listed as Lauren Phillips and Clint stand Away to join Jace Hawkins in New Kiss Breakfast show. Oh no, this is from someone called The Truth. This is a good choice because Jace Hawkins is an average broadcaster who needs a strong co host. Tim followed up with a weather girl really question mark, and then Romina said why is the newsreader a part of the show? Isn't he meant to read the news?
Speaker 1: He's good to look at though. Oh good on your Alena.
Speaker 12: Then another article was You're not the first person to have a famous friend. Radio insiders slam act Kiss FM host Lauren.
Speaker 1: Phillips for name droppings.
Speaker 3: This is ruthless.
Speaker 1: This is from Jules, a D.
Speaker 12: Grade talent at best that ninety percent of Australians would never have heard of. This is from Schoos.
Speaker 1: Do freaks really watch this dribble? What age group? Are they under? Nine or ten? I mean to be fair, I was the one that asked her about Matt dam and she didn't bring it up. The next.
Speaker 12: Hide and Seek returns for a second round on The Kiss one O one point one Jason Lauren, This is from Dylan. No one has found them on radio?
Speaker 1: What makes me think that fine? When they are trying to hide?
Speaker 12: This is by far the worst show on radio I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: This one and friendly are they?
Speaker 12: This one is Lauren Phillips rating slide after glowing start kiss their fam This is from Lisa. I hate the way these two pretend to like each other they clearly don't. And then this is from Happy Days two forces right to finish it off, Happy Days. Who is Lauren Phillips anyway? All she's ever done is go up, Mary Ablett, marry some guy for five minutes, and I was engaged, engaged to some rich guy. Great CV there loss, well done, book's nearly forgot. She's Rupert Morden, Rupert Murdock's favorite girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Or to be fair, she was wasn't she wasn't as married for five five minutes. It was like more like five months. Yeah yeah she In her defense, she would say, it did not feel like you were the consistent thing with all those comments. That was like in our past life exactly. Were now at a new home, milk and that sympathy words and upwards. Very positive.
Speaker 3: Jay, all right, it is just gone fourteen away. We've got money to go and it's coming up next. We are minus LODs this morning. Big shout out to Lauren. Hopefully back tomorrow. Clinton is with me and we got five thousand bucks to go who were playing with?
Speaker 1: Let's meet our player, Jasmine from Leopold just passed beautiful Geelong. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh she's excited.
Speaker 1: Are feeling smart? I'm probably come on confidence Now I read here that you might barrack for the mighty Melbourne Football Club.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I do.
Speaker 2: I hope this is not a football question.
Speaker 1: So you're a born winner, basically, that's what we say. Well, I want to give the money away, Jasmine.
Speaker 3: Have you thought about what you dropped five km?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Not at all? Okay, I guess. The first question we want to ask you what are we playing for? We can play for fifty dollars, an easy question, a medium question five hundred, or a more difficult question for five thousands. Go big go, big go big five k Let's go five thousand dollars. All right, Jasmine. Rules are simple. Clinton is going to ask you a question. You will hear a three two one. Now I want to be very clear here. You have to answer in that time. Okay, if the buzzer guys, you answer after it's all over. So if you don't know, just guess, yeah, oh, get one hundred percent. Guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so gettible. This is gettible. In fact, you should get it. Don't have a think, Jasmine. The golden wattle start again. The golden wattle is the national flower of which country?
Speaker 2: Three? Two one.
Speaker 1: Jasmine?
Speaker 3: Hey Jasmine, what country do we live in?
Speaker 1: Yes? I mean you. When it comes to geography, you are close.
Speaker 6: But just it was the pause.
Speaker 1: I thought she's got this, No, no idea. It's been Australia's national floral emblem since nineteen eighty eight, so it's reasonably new. And it's why we've got the green and gold. The green and Gold of Australia is because the green leaf and the yellow wattle.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me, I know you do. Hey, Jasmine, you're not going to go away empty handed. How about we hook you up with tickets to the Kabloom Festival, a night's accommodation and a little wine too. You can go and have a get away on us.
Speaker 1: Good on you, Dar is your favorite Melbourne player, Jasment, Oh my god, Oh it has to be Max Gorn. Good on you. Hopefully they beat the Old Suns this weekend.
Speaker 3: We need a win, you can hope, hey, Jasmine, have a great day, Dale Thank you, Eskate the Ordinary Tesla Kabloom Festival of Flowers. It's the ultimate family day out, open daily, kids sixteen and under. Our free tickets at kabloom dot com dot au. It is just going eight o'clock. Let's check you around the work. Latest in news. Good tell you what I'm gonna do with that horn? Good morning Melbourne. That is a vichy and hey brother twenty five past day. You're on Noble one hundred. It is Jace and Clint this morning. Lauren is off sending our love to the coen of the show. We miss you, Lozzi. Hopefully back on board tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Hey. That was annoying, wasn't it you? Yes, that's it been an nord morning thing. It has been, hasn't it. I don't think we just limited today. Hey, you would have heard the airhorn go off, which means one thing. Jason's get in.
Speaker 8: On all the twenty twenty five AFL gather Round and South Australia have to offer. It's a festival of footy and South Australia is ready because we.
Speaker 7: Gather around to AFL. Jason Lawrence, j.
Speaker 2: I launch you take me to gather round.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited about this.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait get in on all the twenty twenty five AFL gather around in South Australian action.
Speaker 1: There's so much on offer. It's a best of look footy and.
Speaker 3: South Australia is ready to visit gather Sorry, you can visit gatheround dot AFL.
Speaker 1: You know while we're there this one you trunk. Have you been having a few words? Well really now I'm just a little excited. Don't use you know what because the plane is filling. What time did you finish last year and we went together? What time do you finish? I I was just enjoying the hospitality, the best of South Australia. Jason, you know what the city. What I love is tipping some money into the local economy. Feel the bars, feel the eateies.
Speaker 3: My favorite bit was a little bit transport looking at you at about two am, going, hey Clint, remember time difference. We're on at five point thirty at half an hour, will get your one.
Speaker 1: Here's the goat.
Speaker 3: If we take your call on the air, there's no getting on a stand by list, there's no going in the drawer. It just means you are on the plane.
Speaker 1: Including kier Le good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're coming.
Speaker 9: Together around Oh my god, my heart is racing right now.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You're a Doggies fan.
Speaker 13: A mad Bulldogs fan fan.
Speaker 1: Yes, love the West.
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: How long?
Speaker 13: Ready about last week's grot off by the Umpires?
Speaker 1: How long has it been since you had a little get away?
Speaker 9: A year or so? And I'll be taking my mom, So I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Well, your mom, you're bringing mom? She is scragger as well.
Speaker 9: She is, and I think she'll be with you Clint later at the night, still having some wine.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I can see your mum on a I'm scootered with Clint at about four am on the mean streets of Adelaide.
Speaker 1: But we'll have our helmets on exactly.
Speaker 3: Hey, Carole, flights are sorted return flights thanks to Virgin Australia. We're staying at a Core hotels accommodation sort. We've got tickets to the game. We're all going together. It is going to be a ripping weekend. We can't wait to see you.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: My heart is literally racist.
Speaker 3: We will see you.
Speaker 1: You're on the plane at the airport and we're all getting into the Lounge under Lawrence No Love. It got a plus forty on that on that little lounge park Go the Doggies, Curly Yeah, Hira up, congratulations so much.
Speaker 3: No dramas at all. Hey, it's just gone twenty eight past eight. Your chance to join us at gather Around. We've got more flights and trips to give away tomorrow and all next week. Right after we check your eight thirty news. There was something that went online earlier this week, and I'll be honest, it's taken me a couple of days to watch it because I got quite emotional. But if there's one thing I'm very proud of on our show is sometimes we talk about topics that aren't openly spoken about, a lot hard to talk about, and I love it because I feel like it normalizes it. And I think the more we talk about stuff, the more we normalize it. So there is something I would like to talk about which is quite personal to me, and we'll get to it coming up. Hey, Q Van kind, I can never say that, Hugh Van carlein Burg.
Speaker 1: That's it. He Resilience Projects YEP and.
Speaker 3: Also co hosts The Imperfect Podcast with Good Made about Brian Sheldon and Hughes Brother, great potty, awesome guys. Well, just very authentic, very open.
Speaker 1: Tackle all things vulnerability, which I love, especially in men, because if there's one thing I know you Lows and I agree on, is I love talking about.
Speaker 3: Subjects that don't really get spoken about a lot. I like normalizing things because I genuinely think the more we talk about things, the more we normalize it all.
Speaker 1: Be it tough. You've got to have these conversations.
Speaker 3: You posted a video or they did it on their podcast, and it was around this time last week. I saw it pop up over the weekend, and I'll be honest, it's taken me a few days to watch the whole thing. It was an open letter to parents of autistic children. Now, I've got three young boys under eleven. One of my boys has been diagnosed autistic, and you know, we've come a long way over the years, but I love him bits. And you know, parenting generally is not easy, and parenting your dives kids it can be bloody hard. And I think this video really hit me because some of the things he was talking about. I was like, Wow, lou, my wife and I were not alone. You know, other parents are experiencing this, I just want to play you sixty seconds of his open letter YEA do. And this was his open letter to parents of autistic children.
Speaker 14: Most people will not understand this yet, but the pain of being a parent to an autistic child is not the child.
Speaker 1: It's the world.
Speaker 14: The pain is seeing your child standing on the sidelines, confused, distressed, and left out while the other kids instinctively understand the rules and the social norms. It's watching the world overwhelm them and then holding them through yet another meltdown, knowing they don't want to feel this way, knowing that they're feeling a deep sense of shame, but their body and mind is overwhelmed and out of control, and there's nothing you can do except be there. It's the quiet grief of unspoken words and watching them struggle to express things that come so easily to others. It's the way people look at you in public when they're crying on the law or smashing themselves against the wall, strangers, assuming they're badly behaved, instead of over stimulated, exhausted, drowning in the world that refuses to slow down for them. And however hard it is for me, I know they're doing it so much tougher.
Speaker 3: Can I first just say thank you to Hugh for being brave enough to talk about this and do the open letter. I just want to say I spoke to Felix, my son, and my wife last night because I was like, look, guys, I would like to talk about this and help normalize it. Obviously Dad doesn't want to do that. If you know you don't want.
Speaker 1: Me to, they feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: So how it's feel because Helix is eleven most caring kid in the world. I love him to bits. And he was like, no, Dad, talk about it, because I think, will we talk about this stuff? The user gets and it's so true, Like you know how the running joke on this show is like I don't leave my suburb. Yeah, and it's sort of true because for us to leave our suburb and go and do something, it's almost like a three day event. So like the other week, the Phoenix invited us to the basketball and it was awesome. I was so excited, the boys were so excited for us to go to a game on Sunday afternoon at two o'clock. It's that's a three four day lead up for us. It's us going on Saturday Okay, we can't have anyone around today, we can't go anywhere. We just need a real chilled afternoon Saturday, so he's not over stimulated. Let's time it till we get to the game, just before it starts.
Speaker 1: I assume there's a building his confidence as well, exactly comfortability.
Speaker 3: He is such a great kid and gets it now. So if he's in situations where he's starting to get overwhelmed, to let us know and we just get out of there. And then you know, as everyone leaves John Caterina and they've had a great time, that's where the work begins for us, because now we have to spend the next day or two trying to help you know, him regulate himself and create a quiet environment and just so we can reset. And I'll be honesty, it's bloody time.
Speaker 1: It's exhausting.
Speaker 3: There's also the other siblings, like so that you know, there's the guilt, like you know, and God love them, my three boys absolutely love them as the whole Sorry love each other. But I also know, you know, for the other siblings, it's like you know, unfortunately the times we can't share our time equally, which is you know, which is bloody tarn there.
Speaker 1: Well you are. You are there their parents, their protector, protector.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: They're saying that struck me in what you just said, which I mean you should take a whole lot of comfort from and that is in his words, there's nothing else you can do but be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's what I really struggle with at the start because I'm a I'm a fixer. And Lou had to teach me that. She's like, you know what, it's not about fixing, it's just being about being there.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's about accepting, right, Yeah, it really is. And and we've come.
Speaker 3: I'm so proud of our little family and how far we've come. You know, we openly talk about it. He's got so good now verbalizing if something's going to be overwhelming for him, and you know what, we just unfortunately we can't go out to everything. You know, people will be like, we're coming to this school event, you know what, it's at seven thirty. We can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's not worth it.
Speaker 3: But ye, we have come so far. And I just think the more we talk about this stuff, because the other thing was, it was about a year or two ago and I said to Lu, I'm like we've got to start telling people in our circle, like you know, we've got to tell our family and our friends what we're you know, the situation we're in. I was open with you guys, and what I found in the past two years, Clint is knowledge's power. The more you're open with your circle of people, the more understanding they will be. And it just makes it that a little bit easier.
Speaker 1: I mean, well done to you for verbalizing it as well. It's really important and normalizing, you know, normalizing the conversation. Obviously it wrings with awareness, but also can I just say from us to you as well, you and Lou it's it's quite clear even from Afar about you know how how patient you are. You are great parents, and you are great role models. And we have a bad day, but I get that. But you know what your boy is not just not just Felix, but your boys feel a great deal of comfort being at home with you, guys, and you should be immensely proud of that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, man, I am, I'm very proud of him.
Speaker 1: Can I have a Manhart, Yeah, come and get a man? Come on, thanks mate, Sorry, it took me a while to get through that. I just yeah, I just wanted to say hats off to you.
Speaker 3: And there's one thing you, Lauren and I pride ourselves on is normalizing these conversations. It is just gone twelve to nine, Good morning. It is just go on seven to nine. You're on the air with j and Clint this morning. Lozzi is away and we're sending her love just before we get out of here. And I want to wait till after school drop off to chat about it, even though I did FLAG with my family and my son, but we were just chatting about the Imperfect podcast. Hugh van kylen Burke, great guy, runs a brazilience project, and in his recent podcast he did an open letter to parents of autistic children. Just for the break, I was talking about my eleven year old son, Felix, who is autistic. We love normalizing the conversation on this show. So that's why I just wanted to pay tribute to Hugh. I just I just want us all to be a little bit more positive like our number thirteen twenty four to ten. Anytime you want to weigh in and where people like to run to the fire, So don't want to shy away from this. One of the producers just copped an earfull from someone on the phones then because they thought, why we're paying tribute to Hugh when other podcasts have addressed this stuff. I know Amriciano has addressed it on her podcast. I know him get along with it quite well. To be honest, I didn't address then because my family and I weren't in the.
Speaker 1: Right head space that he didn't feel comfortable.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 3: No, so it is just a timing thing.
Speaker 1: But let's look at this. It's not a pussy god it is. Let's look at this stuff more positive, you know what I mean. It's we're talking about it now. That's what matters, you know, more, we can normalize it, whatever topic it is, the easier it makes it great. We've had a lot of calls Jase, including Laretta. On thirteen twenty four Tenretta that morning, Hi guys, what's up mate?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say, Jay, you're wonderful. You're not alone. I just dropped off my nine year old son who's got levels three nonverbal ASX.
Speaker 3: How how are you and them doing?
Speaker 5: It's really tough. He's got a lot of what they call behaviors of concerns yep. So when he gets frustrated, anxious, overwhelmed. He gets quite aggressive. Yeah, so my husband and I often covered in stretches and bites and it's really tough.
Speaker 1: Acceptance is a word. I want to ask you about how you feel your son is accepted and how important conversations like the one we're having on air.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's so so important. There is there is a complete lack of acceptance out there, and it's a complete lack of knowledge and awareness. Like you know, as Joseph was saying before, it's it's really hard to get out of the suburb and if we go, you know, to our local rulies and he gets overwhelmed. Yeah, you know, the judgment, the little the comments, it's just another level of distress.
Speaker 3: And look, you know what in saying that, I think people are scared of the unknown sometimes, Hayle I was mentioning since lou and I sort of had that turning point where we're like, knowledge is power. We need to let our inner circle of friends and family know, you know our situation. It's helped us immensely. Are you in a similar boat? Have you opened up friends and family there where you know your situation? And does it help?
Speaker 5: It does help we don't have. We've got very very limited family, and we've lost a lot of friends because of you know, George's aggression. It can be overwhelming even to just be in the presence of yeah, you know when he is overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: But I'm you know, I work in the disability sector. I'm an advocate. You know, I'm on the I'm on the school council. So I'm trying to be as vocal as i can. Yeah, and that's all we can do.
Speaker 1: And your roles, I'm talking about you as well, Jason, and also the RETTA Chief protectors right to be kids. But you've also got to keep in mind that you know, you've got to you've got to help yourself as well. Yeah, this is all part of it, absolutely, And I think that's what I got out of Huge podcast and M's podcast and anybody else that's publicly spoken about this. And I hope you feel this way as well, Orretta. We're not alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are not alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said, all right, Hey, have a great day, mate, and thanks for sharing your slid too. Thanks Joy little one for us.
Speaker 5: Okay, I will, I will, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Take it easy.
Speaker 1: It has just gone three to nine. This is du A lee par You're on Novak. Good morning, you are on the air at Ober one hundred. It is Jas and Lauren Clint filling in on my No, he's always here. Loss is away. We'll miss your lossy. Hopefully we'll have the coin of the showback. Because God, I need been annoyed by me. I need help join every second of it. You know what I've realized you Loz and I the mum and dad and you are the child. Yeah, that's what I get paid to do. I do get paid. We need a foot he is on tonight. Oh yeah, stadium, the par the pair up against the bombers, the bomb Rais Bombers take on the spit its hey, A little bit of a tidbit on the footy. North mil fans are up and about. They're currently paying one hundred and fifty one dollars to win the premiership. Right, one hundred and fifty one dollars. One Keen North Melbourne punter has put one thousand dollars on them to win the premiership at one hundred and fifty one to one. JESU, that's ambitious. Well not no, it don't be like what are their three zip three wins? No, they've had one win. That's the Hawks almost two years. You're talking about the Hawks who are probably a dollar eighty to win the premiership right now. So what you're saying is there's a chance. What I'm saying is gamble responsibly.
Speaker 3: No, No, come on, I'm behind the rue this year it was a great win. Yeah, you're just dirty because it was against your side.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit Yeah, come onulting, thank you for me. Enjoy the forty tonight you're heading along the lovely melt asener is in next and they get ready for it tomorrow. We've got a massive show. Your chance to join us for gather around, lights on, sing along because it's a fridice. Are we being joined by someone from our youth?
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a trip down memory lane, someone we all grew up with.
Speaker 3: What don't be that guy. Don't be that guy that would drive someone to their surprise birthday and say, hey, Max, I'm driving you. This is your surprise birthday.
Speaker 1: Just didn't give it away. It could be Jo.
Speaker 3: We've got a surprise guest from our childhood that we all loved. I swear to God plan we'll see tomorrow, But
Speaker 8: Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good on one hundred, Lauren on socials