Speaker 1: Let's talk snakes on the Monash.
Speaker 2: Snakes on a plane, move over, Snakes on the Monash. She might have seen it on the weekend. A lady was driving along the Monash Freeway when she fell to tickle on her legs.
Speaker 3: She looked down, stop shocked tiger snake.
Speaker 1: Well it's about two ac.
Speaker 4: Road or something similar on the Monash.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what too urban for, not like swerving and causing a massive a.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, she managed to pull over into the emergency lane. She was waving down other motorists to try and help. When she got out of the car, she was like, I don't know what to do. The police came, and the police didn't know what to do, so they called a snake man who came and retrieved the snake and released it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Super remarkable thing to do.
Speaker 1: Pull released it around the Como.
Speaker 2: No, don't because around the Yarrow River there is snakes everywhere as well. On the community facebook pages, people are putting up picks going that weather's got hot, the snake's coming out of the bushlands. They well, more like on that track down near the right on the.
Speaker 4: End the Gardener's Creek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, they'd Ben's Creek.
Speaker 3: Down in that Ashburton for sure.
Speaker 5: Rickards Point and down that way along the bay side they come and just normal snakes, but because of the grass between the car park and the beach, and there signs up all along there, which I figure if they've gone to the effort of putting a sign up, there's a bloody lot of them. In fact, this guy might be able to shine a light on it. Mark Pelley is a snake hunter here in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Mark, good morning, How are you going.
Speaker 3: To a good Do we have a snake problem in Melbourne?
Speaker 6: Well, I was listening to you talk about it. Snakes along the Aow River. Yes, they caught one in an office in Collingwood. They caught another one in Richmond, just near the river again.
Speaker 3: To a hot spot.
Speaker 1: What sort of snakes?
Speaker 6: Both are tiger snakes into people's properties, actually inside the building.
Speaker 3: Will I kill you?
Speaker 6: And thinks the fifth most deadly sneak in the world. They are incredibly venomous. The venom shut down your neuros systems, so basically, you know your brain and your nervous system shut down at a sextual clotting factor, so you can bleed.
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 1: You're bitten by one hour and you got.
Speaker 6: You can die in as little as thirteen minutes. A tiger snake bite that didn't bite you on the peripheres. If it bites you on the like, your body, your torso, your neck, your face, you've got no time.
Speaker 4: If it gets you on the face, you're desperately.
Speaker 2: I'm so straight, straight in an ambulance to the hospital. So what do we do if we see a snake? If we're walking along a path near a river or anywhere, and.
Speaker 3: We say a snake?
Speaker 6: Snake? Absolutely? Remember the snakes are incredibly deadly, but they're equally as shy. You leave them alone. Don't leave you alone? Is that true?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, i feel like it's going to chase me. I'm not a fast runner.
Speaker 6: Of all the videos on YouTube of me catching snakes, there's not a single one of a chase a snake chasing me. It's always me chasing the stake.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see a video on YouTube of Lauren running away from the snake.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Together.
Speaker 2: One of the most dangerous snakes we have here in Melbourne is the tiger snake.
Speaker 3: The most dangerous mark.
Speaker 6: Actually, no, it's number two. The tiger snakes the fifth most mistake in the world. But in Melbourne we also have the Eastern brown, which is.
Speaker 3: The brown will get you if they bite you on the face.
Speaker 6: How long you got no time?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 6: The brown thinks interesting though, because the tiger snake they've got little things, but you feel it. Brown snakes you don't actually feel them when.
Speaker 4: They bite you.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know to go to a hospital.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know, and you just suddenly collapse to the ground your face. Oh you know, I got you on the face. Usually people tell me, oh, brownsnake head buttered me on the hen. It's totally fine. In reality, they were bitten and they didn't even know, and.
Speaker 1: They mark is it the old wise tile of like suck the venom out?
Speaker 5: Like if Lauren gets bitten on the face right right in the right cheek, should quint or I be like sucking a nack.
Speaker 3: Like a vampire.
Speaker 6: I know you really like to kiss Lauren, but unfortunately it won't work.
Speaker 3: Thank god, I think.
Speaker 2: I'd rather dive a snake, but to the face. To be honest, give me the trying to suck on my cheek.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately it works. People have been on the hands of the feet anyway, pressure and mobilization.
Speaker 1: Man, you'll be a seriousness though.
Speaker 2: It is also a lot of people walking their dogs at these places where there's a lot of snakes. How do you It sounds ridiculous, but can you teach a dog not to go near a snake? Because I've heard there's things you can do to train your dog not to go near He was a snake.
Speaker 1: Expert, not a dog expert.
Speaker 6: Actually I'm both because right now I've got a quie what you from outside of the car who's waiting for me to train their border colliage?
Speaker 4: You are, and many skills you can.
Speaker 2: Do and community training for dogs, right okay? A lot of farmers, like my friends, you have farms and things have all done them.
Speaker 6: And there's something I do a lot because unfortunately we're smart enough to stay away from snakes. Dogs see a snake and go, oh my god, what is this fantastic? Investigate with their nose, get bits in and it cost people thousands of dollars even if the dog doesn't survive.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mark, in regards to this woman on the morn ash, what in God's name was this snake doing in the car? Like why the car is it because I wish I.
Speaker 6: Wish it was like a one off occasion. But I've actually caught snakes in cars many.
Speaker 3: Any good news for us?
Speaker 1: What are they doing in the cars?
Speaker 6: Well, my colleague Tim, who caught the snake, did a fantastic job. What happens is sometimes people open a car door, leave it open, go inside, and I snay could just call up into the car. Sometimes what happens is people don't realize they carry a snake into a car inadvertently, so they might put it into their shopping on the ground, or they might put a backpack on the ground. They call them.
Speaker 3: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So your colleague team helped get this snake out. What was that scene like on the side of the monash?
Speaker 6: I think I think that Tim did a fantastic job. Given the circumstances and the pressure he was under with so many fast cars moving around him, he did a fantastic job.
Speaker 1: On you guys, Mark just quickly before we let you go, how many times you've been bitten?
Speaker 6: Once and I actually died. But theos brought me back to.
Speaker 1: What sort of snake?
Speaker 6: It was a tiger snake?
Speaker 1: What was the scene?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, Basically, I was catching a snake because I always do. One of my pieces of equipment broke in the process. It got me on the hell because of the equipment broke. It's in eight minutes. I was unconscious and I was in front of my family when that happened to And this was just in March of this year.
Speaker 3: Did they have an anti venom Yeah.
Speaker 6: I went to hospital. I got two doses of anti venom our. Seven days in hospital, in and out of consciousness, struggling for life. My organs shut down, my brain shut down. I couldn't see, couldn't smell. But eventually I, you know, I pulled through and here I am today to talk to you about Thank.
Speaker 4: Goodness for that. Honey.
Speaker 1: Help How was it that wasn't the same snake that was in the car of the monish?
Speaker 6: Was it? If it was sitting around? But it was the same type of snake.
Speaker 1: It just shows you how lucky that lady was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, good on your mind, Mark, very interesting chat. Mark's a very interesting man.
Speaker 1: Hey Mark, do you see time this morning?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 5: We'll catch on mind snake hunter dot com dot Are you stay safe over summer?
Speaker 1: Will you?
Speaker 6: Thanks so much?
Speaker 1: Have a good see you mate.
Speaker 4: That goodness?
Speaker 3: Is that top conversation really took turn?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Let's keep the light and bright there, mate.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if you see snake over summer, stay calm, avoided and coll mark unless.
Speaker 1: You Lauren, and then we're going to film you run for the internet.
Speaker 3: I don't run for much, but can you imagine a snake.
Speaker 1: She'd get the knees high. You'd go viral.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't put my knees high because that would make that would slow me down.
Speaker 1: You would go viral.
Speaker 3: Run straight ahead fast as I can.
Speaker 4: I want to see j seconds men a man.
Speaker 3: He said it doesn't work, So don't make me be bitten by a snake and have that.
Speaker 1: We're going to need a steak.
Speaker 3: No Jon Lauren, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 6: Wake Up feeling Good on No. One hundred. Lauren on Socials