Speaker 1: Better than Lego, better than Leo position chance gooda.
Speaker 2: It's Mobbsy here and if you're listening to this episode of the Daily Telegraph NRROL podcast in your Mattie John's podcast feed, welcome. We're with you instead of Maddie and Cooper Kronk for the next three weeks while Mattie is in Paris and we're going to get into it the run up to the finals everything NRL. Welcome on the Daily Telegraph NRL podcast. Adam Mobs here and Pam Whaley. I'll go to you first, because not only was it round twenty one in the NRL, which you've just reminded me of.
Speaker 1: Nerl W week one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, we had a couple of upsets as well.
Speaker 4: Paramatta, you'll be very happy to see a really good win.
Speaker 1: We're back, baby, Ye're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was. It was great to see it back in connection.
Speaker 2: And if we're ever invaded, I want the Newcastle Knights defending our homeland because their defense against the Roosters the other night unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I know. Yeah, that was a really good game. Actually, it was a great way to open it up. But yeah, excited to get into it all again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait and Fatima to do. Welcome.
Speaker 5: Hi, you're raiders, My raiders back. They're back, baby, they were never really gone.
Speaker 2: Why why didn't you just let me know you started? Okay, I can't be held.
Speaker 5: Accountable with the Eels in your top eight Ladder predictor er or w Okay, we'll give you that, at least in the neral w the title dream is still.
Speaker 1: Alive, Yeah, very much.
Speaker 2: So you think you can insult me after Paramatta fell off the radar about eight weeks ago. It doesn't happen, but we had a lot to get through because there are a lot I don't know about you. Whenever someone says mathematically we can make it, you know that. I think there's from now on, I'm declaring it. The Broncos cannot make the eight, will not make the eight from here.
Speaker 5: Well, if you think about you know, people saying mathematically their magic number thirty two, they've got to buy in hand. But they also need to win all five games, and I don't know whether after seeing them against Canterbury, even with a full strength team, I don't know whether that's you know, whether they're capable of that. Unfortunately, for the Broncos, who if they don't make it, will by far be the biggest disappointment of this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not going to make the eight. And the Bulldogs blew them off the park. They were unbelievable and Brisbane everything that play for and the same criticism that's been placed on these guys for the last six or eight weeks was they're sitting around waiting for something to happen.
Speaker 1: And Okay, now.
Speaker 2: We've got Adam Reynolds back, We've got middles like Pat Carrigan and Payne Hess and we've got this undersized Cannoby pack we're up against. We're just going to roll through them. They look like they sat back again waiting for something to happen, and they cannot cop enough criticism, I think for the lack of this resilience, the lack of determination to Yeah, as we're seeing. If you're not watching us on YouTube, go and have a look at some of these highlights where the Broncos are letting the ball bounce, they're not first to it. There's no urgency in their play. The Bulldogs wanted everything on top of them and the Broncos got what they deserved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, especially after last week.
Speaker 4: Obviously, they beat Newcastle last week and that was kind of the start of I think Kevin wal just said in the press conference after that, you know we've only just we haven't kicked it. We haven't gone through the fence yet. We're just starting to kick it down. But and then to be at home, a packed crowd, everything to play for their pride, their season, everything, and then.
Speaker 3: They were just flat.
Speaker 4: And that's just not really a good enough explanation, is it, Like why were they flat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well maybe make any sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know. I wonder if they dave brought in too much into this side that they do have, you know, individual brilliance and strike all over the park into what mobs he were saying, just waiting for an individual to do something, to come up with, you know, Rees Walsh to come up with a play that flips the script a little bit. But it never happened, and they were flat and they were beaten through the middle. And what I found really interesting is a lot of people spoke about this after watching Canterbury. Canbary had a game plan to shift the ball and really target their edges and it was obvious that that's what they were doing from the get go, but somehow the Broncos didn't adjust on the run to that and I think that says a lot about and Kevin Walters has mentioned that a little bit and the lack of the inability to execute his game plans. So if they haven't been able to do it during the week, they were never going to be able to adjust on the run against Canbury. I mean, Catony Saggs had a dig. He's probably at everybody there. You could say, you know, he probably deserves a bit of credit from that game. But yeah, they're just and I think the biggest they were so good attacking wise last year that the fact that they weren't the best side defensively really went under the radar. And I think Canterbury, who haven't been the best attacking team so far this year, really exposed them. So there's a lot of work I reckon to go at the Broncos and I sort of like touched on it in the tackle yesterday. If you look at how Penrith responded to losing the twenty twenty Grand Final, it wasn't enough for them to just rely on the talent they had in their team, and at the time it was stuck with gun talent coming through, they doubled down, they worked harder, They were the fittest team in the competition. They worked on their defense and they went onto three premierships. And it just looks like the Broncos haven't been willing to put in that hard work this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, for mine, this Cannobury performance is textbook Camon Serudo identifying and exploiting weaknesses in defenses. He did it a lot at Penrith and the players brought into what he was doing there. You see here he said that those edges that they targeted the entire time, those block runners and the cutting in Jacob Karraz, what a season he's having and what are really I think he's he's he's almost one of the he's got to be sort of first pick kind of guy. He's so important to what they do there and the way he's sprung out of the ground because you saw when you know, the Bulldogs bought in Bronze and Cherry and they've you know, Blake Taff came around kind of tracy and we didn't know where everybody was going to sit.
Speaker 1: You've got young Blake.
Speaker 2: Wilson, who's who's a good young player and carraz has been named on the wing plenty of times and switched to the centers. But I think he's he's really come out of his skin this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely pressed pressed big time good coaching, isn't it. It's just really if they don't have they're not exactly a superstar team, Like if you compare them to the Broncos, they're not, you know, stacked full of sip stars. But they've got so many gutsy players and I think I remember at the start of the year, we were talking about the size of the Bulldogs pack and who's the who's the big leader there in that pack, and they're probably sure, you know, a big, big prop or and speaking to the Bulldog about that, they were like, well, we just have a bunch of players who are real gutsy, got a lot of mongrel in us, and we're just going to attack as a as a unit. We're smaller, we yeah, we're mobile, and that's just going to be our identity and that's what they've kind of made.
Speaker 5: Yes, Sarah Sarah was on the radio this morning actually, and he spoke a little bit about the attacking plan he had and he actually gave all the credit to Jason Taylor, who's been an addition to his coaching staff this year, and he sort of said he was the one, or he's the one who's sort of been responsible in putting together our attacking plans and sending that message to the players every week. So he gave him a lot of credit for that. But I think the biggest talking point out of that which we've missed on is they did that without Stephen Crichton, And I think that's a really important thing to touch on because there's no doubt he's been so influential for them this year. He's out, Jil Skelton comes in. You know. It's that next man mentality that maybe in the past because they lacked depth in their roster, they haven't been able to achieve out. Stephen Crichton sits out and you can bring in someone like Jeras Skelton, who I don't remember what he finished with, but I think two hundred plus run meters, you know, and again, just another guy who shows he can be an NRL, but they've got so much depth that he's stuck in reserve grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Travis Main had a story up last week that the Broncos have had to put on extra security and put fences up to stop the fans getting getting to them. You might want to put it up even higher fences because they deserve to come at you after that weekend's performance.
Speaker 1: That was terrible.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there a season where fans started chucking wooden spirons?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They might need some to put my one sea bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah they had that as well.
Speaker 2: All ye, So look top eights, I think if you agree, I think seven of the eight teams that are currently in the I think the top seven teams will be in the top eight this year.
Speaker 1: I've got obviously the.
Speaker 2: Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Sharks, there Canterbury, North, Queensland Manly and then for my on twenty four points you have the Dolphins, Raiders, Dragons, and then two points behind that you have the Knights and then the Warriors. But I can't see the Warriors making from there.
Speaker 1: I've got it in a race.
Speaker 2: I've got four spaces for that one final final spot.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's about right. I don't think there'll be too much movement from six and upwards. I think the Dolphins are probably having another late season. Bay They really, really really should have won against the titles.
Speaker 1: They should have won a week ago. They should have won.
Speaker 2: They'd be four points clear, they'd be twenty eight points. Wayne bennett genius Finals campaign before he goes to South Paramounta might have dodged a bullet here with Bennett.
Speaker 1: They can't finish a season.
Speaker 5: They can't finish a season.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I tend to agree with that. But unsurprisingly when I did my Verter predictor, the eighth spot went to and rough me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, PM and I've got equal Yeah, we were the same team here.
Speaker 4: I have the Nights in eighth. Yeah, I've got the Dragons finishing on thirty two points in ninth, and then the Warriors tenth, Broncos eleventh, and the O the Dolphins dropping out, They've got they do have a rough end to the year.
Speaker 1: I like the Dolphins me too.
Speaker 4: Me too, But yeah, just over the weekend, they should have closed this game out against the Titans. The Titans really, yeah, just kept fighting for it, didn't they.
Speaker 3: They just wanted it.
Speaker 1: A little bit of the team.
Speaker 2: That usually gives up leads the Gold Coast and they keep fighting and des has of all the critics this season.
Speaker 1: This is a big win. But where was this side that was?
Speaker 2: This song was eight mil up over mainly last week, then capitulated fourteen meal down here and fought their way back.
Speaker 1: How are you supposed to win a tipping company? Seriously?
Speaker 3: I know, well, I don't think any of us are.
Speaker 5: Are we not this year?
Speaker 3: Not this year?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: They had everything to play for here, the Dolphins, this is their finals hopes. On the long lawyer said, they've got a tough run home going from here. And in that slew of teams a couple of weeks ago, they was sort of fifth and sixth and all they need to do was just get a couple of wins up to get to your thirty two points. I haven't got them there. They were one of my big disappointments from the weekend. Then I thought Kronulla were disappointing. I think their edge defense was pretty ordinary and they got shown up again. You know, even the return of Niko Hines isn't going to fix that. Do you have them finishing I still had them finishing fourth. I don't say they're fifth for mine. I don't know how I was trying to manipulate a way I was doing that ladder predicted to try and get either the Bulldogs or Cowboys up into that top four because I love that stat of the team that finishes outside the year before finishes in the top four that next season.
Speaker 1: But owing to their.
Speaker 2: Cruisy draw on the way home and the points have already got banked. But then again, if they don't start lifting their game, the Sharks, they may struggle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, struggle ruggling in the finals.
Speaker 5: Yeah they will. I mean they've won one game since round fourteen, I think it is so no sorry, two games since round fourteen, so they're definitely not in form at the moment. Obviously, the work that they did at the start of the year has helped them stay in the top four, but you know, they do have a softish run home other than their last round game against the Seagulls, who are also finding a bit of form. So I worry if the ty sorry that the Sharks, it's just a bit of a groundhog day for them coming into the finals a bit too soft and not really being able to test themselves against the two best teams in the competition in Penrith and the Storm, which I think even though we're talking about how tight the latter is. I really don't think outside of those two there are any genuine title contenders at the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think Nathan Clear is returned. I don't think Penrith rest players towards end of the Sea. I think they've rested them post origin. I think Nathan coming back from mine, I think they go through the way they are and they just keep winning games.
Speaker 1: And Clear he was outstanding the Melbourne Storm. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was watching this through biased eyes against the Eels the other night when they Paramatta gifted them a couple of tries. They didn't have the possession or the field position, they weren't tackled inside the Eels twenty and let's yet somehow they led in that first half and Munster being back, he'll get better. I just for the better performance for me at the weekend was Panthers. And if I was a betting man, I couldn't have enough on Penrith winning that fourth title because obviously I think you're going to top two finish for the Storm home final, won't have to travel to Sydney if you keep winning until Grand Final. So owing to that saloon passage, that they'vent themselves. They can be there, but yeah, still haven't been proven that anyone can live up to Penrith's expectations at the moment.
Speaker 5: James Susha Harris did pick up a growing maybe an abductor injury in that game, so it'd be interesting to see how serious that is. Obviously they did it again without Dylan Edwards is still out with a with a PCL injury. But yeah, they just look right now, they just look streaks ahead of anybody else.
Speaker 4: I'm never going to count out in Melbourne though. I just think that that's a folly to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm just angry after they beat Pamatta the other night. They're gonna bounce angry at all. Yeah it's all their fault. But but yeah, I mean you saw the week before what they did the roosters as well, you know, and these are these are supposed to be the contenders. So you know, the Storm just keep doing what they do. They keep winning. But I just I just want them to prove that they can do that against that they've got that. I want to see they've got that next level to go to, which Penwuth seemed to me a lot there.
Speaker 1: They really do have there.
Speaker 3: So they just look like they have so much fun, don't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is just it really is just fun for them.
Speaker 2: I want you to tell me which games your Raiders are winning getting the top eight. Let's get through the Bill Moore Sports Ground Bulldogs next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got them winning that. I do. Okay, home game against mainly the week after.
Speaker 5: I think I got there. I think I had them losing that one.
Speaker 1: Mainly don't travel well.
Speaker 2: But okay, right Country Bank Stadium Careboys round twenty.
Speaker 5: Four, Sorry, can we go back? I had them winning against Manley and then lowsing to the Cows at home right sorry, in North Queisia.
Speaker 2: So you've obviously got them beating the Panthers the following week at Joe. I don't have you got them beating the Roosters the following week. I do.
Speaker 1: You've got them beating the Roosters.
Speaker 5: We've got to win some games.
Speaker 2: And last round Dragons Raiders. That's huge, that could that could be a top eighter side and that could be the.
Speaker 5: Top eight decider. But I've got them winning that well.
Speaker 2: I had It's and Georgia Lawara in around the eight. If their performance at the weekend was better the Dragons. I mean, if they finished ninth, which is kind of what I've gone imagine, I think that's that's a.
Speaker 1: Past mark, but at ninth as well.
Speaker 2: Actually this close as Dragons fans having had a really bad run for the last few years, what do you where do you put your finger on it?
Speaker 4: I think that is I think Dragons fans would be fairly happy with the improvement that they've seen this year.
Speaker 3: Would you? Would you agree?
Speaker 1: You do know what Dragons fans are like.
Speaker 5: Right, No?
Speaker 4: I think that I think there is there's signs of that those days are kind of over and that there is a new kind of eerror under Shane Flanagan. Obviously the weekend was not great.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's Penrith too.
Speaker 4: I think they will have a dig in these last in these last couple of rounds, I've got them winning a couple of games.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Obviously Shane Flanagan made that big call to act Tyrle Sloan. He'm not happy with his defense and again there's probably a few that could have joined him on from this weekend and you know they have mixed their former bit this year. The Dragons where yeah, they can lose a big buy a big score, then they can grind out a solid win the week after. So you know, Flano's got that ability to get their minds back on the job. But I don't know where they go from here because I thought ben Hunt had a I thought he had a poor game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, he did have a poor game, and that was probably I mean, I was going to say that was indifference. It isn't. I don't think even if ben Hunt had a blinder, and I'm not sure if that would have been enough to help them get past Penrith, But I think when he's a little bit off, I mean Zach Lmacks was a little bit quiet after I think he moved to fall back early in the game. So yeah, they're a bit of that that jeckl and High team where sometimes they look really good and you look at them and you go wow, like Shane Flangan's working miracles there, because you have to remember, I mean, I think it was a Mick Carryanis said they went into the season with the worst roster in the competition. I'm not going to say that the worst rust in the competition, but on.
Speaker 1: Paper he said. I'm not agree with him. I just this is just what he said.
Speaker 5: So when you look at their team, I mean, you probably think they do need a couple of editions for next year to help them go to that next level. But to go from you know, deep in the bottom half of the ladder to in and around that finals conversation, I think that's a huge improvement for them.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Mick Carriyanas and adding players for next year, that's a nice seguey mix story from the weekend that Val Holmes has been granted permission to explore other opportunities. He's got twelve months ago and his Cowboys deal with worth about nine hundred massive coin the dragons in the frame for him.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, is this a life a.
Speaker 5: Zach Climax replacement thinking type?
Speaker 1: I don't know, so.
Speaker 5: How much, I mean, I guess it depends on how much you know the Cowboys are footing the bill and how long the deal is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think they do have a couple of good outside backs, you know, waiting in the lower grades and then the junior reps coming through. I wonder if you add someone like our homes I know he's you know, probably towards the latter years of his career. I don't know whether I don't know. I would sort of be backing backing the future as opposed to, you know, somebody like our Homes. But obviously Shane Flanagan and our Homes have history together from their time at the Sharks. So I have no doubt he will do whatever job is required of him under Flannagan.
Speaker 3: But you know what, do you think? Yeah, I don't think he's no.
Speaker 5: I was just going to say, when you've got kids like Celio Tomali waiting to.
Speaker 1: Come throughs bound.
Speaker 5: Well everyone keeps saying, but you know, so, it's interesting. They've got a good crop of outside backs. It's just interesting that they would recruit on top of them with somebody like vour Homes.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, he hasn't He obviously hasn't had the best season. I don't think this year. In the last couple of years, he's been a bit up and down. But on his day he's very good. So if one who thinks he can get the best out of him in the last couple of seasons, it'd.
Speaker 3: Be nice to see him playing his best again. Maybe he needs a.
Speaker 1: Change, maybe he does. But if I'm the Dragons.
Speaker 2: To your point, if I've got if I'm not prioritizing young guys like Civilia Tamale coming through, if I don't think he's the right thing, no offense to our homes had a great career, He's coming off a stinker of a season.
Speaker 1: He's twenty nine years old, he's on nine hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: A year, and the only plus for me out of this would be what Shane Flanagan can do as far as increase the player's performance. I don't think it's a great signing for the Dragons. I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 5: I don't hate it, but I don't love it either, not when they've got like Tamali, when they've got like Si Fin Now when they've got a kick called Jesse Williams coming through, who are all doing really well and impressing. So it just sort of doesn't make sense to me, especially if you're trying to build to the future.
Speaker 3: It's not going to save him, right, that's not going to be their big change.
Speaker 2: Does it have all the hallmarks of Oh, he's signed a four year deal and the last months of it, all the Dragon fans are up an arms saying we're overpaying for this guy, We're not getting a performance. That's my feel, and I'm being brutally honest because you know, twelve months ago he was playing good football, and even though the Cowboys are going pretty well this year, I don't think he's had a great year even.
Speaker 5: If he was playing good football. Is he worth nine hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the decision to make, so we'll see what they do with that. But a bit of market watch news going on because the West Tigers confirmed this morning that Stefano Utoi Kamano is leaving.
Speaker 3: Still no confirmation where he's going.
Speaker 5: He might not know where he's going, you reckon he doesn't. Well there's you know, Canonby's sort of been in and out and now they're in again. The Dolphins had an offer on the table, but as I understand, he rejected that offer. But I'm not sure Canary have actually tabled a physical offer to him yet. They've had conversations with him. And it's a similar story for Melbourne. He's sort of, you know, a high priority, but they have to move things around to make it happen. Nelson is so for Solomona's only know in the last twenty four hours come out and said, I've seen all the talk, but I'm sort of not going anywhere, and Melbourne have had a hard time trying to move him to other clubs, so and you know, I guess that would come with a warning to every other club. If Melbourne's trying to move Nelson, you know, you're probably asking why they're doing that. So yeah, I mean, maybe he's got an idea of where he might like to end up, but I don't know how many genuine offers, physical offers he actually has on the table right now.
Speaker 1: Wull we go to the Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Seems like a pretty easy He's got a young family, doesn't sound like he wants to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Go to the Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Team on the up, need a big middle You've got a style of play that seems to be bearing fruit at the moment. That seems like it seems pretty easy for me. If he wants to stay in Sydney and they've got the money in the bank, don't they to pay So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seems a pretty good fit for me. But he's got options there for sure. That's imagine him at Melbourne. Yeah what Sean Boors don't Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys that just go down there and improve out of a really good system. And that's probably more point about Canterburdge. Isn't that what came Soud was doing there at the club at the moment? Good system players really enjoying their footy, which is what you were saying before about, you know, with Penrith. So yeah, that's what That's what I'd be looking through. And the other interesting one Daniel Tupo, no retirement, two more years.
Speaker 3: Two more years.
Speaker 4: Well, he's still He's still killing it, isn't he. He's just kind of evergreen. He just seems like he always has been and he always will be. He just keeps keeps tracking on.
Speaker 5: I feel like he has an aged one bit in the last ten years, that's what you know what I mean, Like he just hasn't lost you, don't You know how players get to the end of their career and you sort of see them sewing down a bit, but none of that orders he now, isn't he thirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a two year dealer as.
Speaker 2: Well, which obviously losing Joseph Kuso, Sali and Joey Marno, although many might be back to me next year.
Speaker 1: Anyway. So it's just it's reliable reliability there for you at the Roosters. And you know, we.
Speaker 2: Know that Nik Polaitis loves his one club players. He loves the guys that put in and two po one of the nice guys in the league.
Speaker 1: So I think that'll be. Yeah, that's a good result.
Speaker 3: He's had a great career, hasn't he.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even he has just been so good for so long, presentative player.
Speaker 5: Everything kids from it's from Auburn, who's one club player in bond Still I think he does?
Speaker 1: Yeah, want to remove the eastern suburbs.
Speaker 2: Or something I wanted to bring up that I was brought up to me on the weekend was Trijan to lie still going ahead. We're seeing lots of try celebrations post try celebrations, but I didn't expect to see this at the weekend.
Speaker 1: Was Matt Hardy, former WWE wrestler.
Speaker 2: Still, I mean, I'm kid in a Kenny store with this because wrestling and rugby league to my great loves. He spotted or had it shown to him the try celebration for Ronaldo Multalo, which happened to look a little bit.
Speaker 1: This is his brother, Jeff Hardy for seeing the video.
Speaker 2: This is how Jeff Hardy does his entrance music comes out waving his arms round and when mul Talo crossed over against the Cowboys, he stood up and looked like he was doing something very similar. So Matt Hardy had seen it and then went and copied it. Shortly after, we had another try by kle Ero and it looked a little bit like DX Shaw Michael's Triple H Days, which is the If you're not down with d X, I've got two words for you.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to repeat me here because we're a family podcast.
Speaker 2: But when you've got a WWE superstar, a wrestling superstar showing highlights to is one half million followers on or Twitter or whatever, they it's still cool.
Speaker 1: Oh that was very cool. I enjoyed that.
Speaker 4: It must be a bit of a they love the wrestling, their chronoledge and they do. Was it someone did the People's Elbow was a year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well I think ye was it last year or I think yeah? So yeah that went pretty viral too. So yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: Nothing about wrestling, I said Tom when we're talking about the Multila celebration, I was like, oh, yeah, that that we danced that he did and was like, it's actually.
Speaker 4: I'm sure all our listeners, Yeah, surely that man is a bit of extra cash considering it's gone international.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sports, but.
Speaker 5: Maybe add a little bit to the pot since it's all for a good cause. But there's been some good one like it's good to see everybody sort of getting into it this year. So, I mean some try celebrations are probably a bit of work.
Speaker 1: It's all for charity, for charity, for charity.
Speaker 4: There were some good ones in the NLW. Actually, over the weekend Olympics themed ones, there was lots of rowing and things like that was the one on was.
Speaker 2: The one on Thursday night? Was the was it the camera? Was it the Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And the sniper sniper?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 5: Harry Grant did the AFL oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That made me even angrier grinding teeth at that point.
Speaker 3: Rough weekend, Most of.
Speaker 1: Them are rough weekends.
Speaker 2: Although I enjoyed that Thursday night game, I thought the Sydney Roosters were disappointing the second half. I thought they had all the play for and the Knights just shut them down. The Knights had them covered. I don't think they threw enough. Adam in attack. They went down that right side a lot and Jess Surgis was basically, here, go try and get us the win. They got themselves back into that game, but that Knight's defense that just kept coming and coming was unbelievable. There's very little doubt as to why they're Premiership fatu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know they're so physical. They're really hard to get through obviously. But yeah, the Roosters, I think without Cormyn as well, that's a huge loss for them, and they won't have Sam Bremna for it. Might be this week, could be next week. I think they were going to give her a couple of weeks just to she's super fit rightly, so she came in. She hadn't done preseason. She's coming in. I think she broke a record in one of their fitness tests. So she's just an absolute beast. But she needs a contact. She needs to get like the contact.
Speaker 1: Remarkable.
Speaker 2: Having her on the coverage of the team's game on Thursday night with Lara Pitt and the crew that was that was just cool.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Knights. The Knights were great. Can you please give me some good news? Just tell me about the Eels. Just make sure I'm not making this up in my head.
Speaker 3: They were really good.
Speaker 2: Coming off the back of last season. That was what a performance.
Speaker 1: They had a.
Speaker 4: Dreadful season last year. There's no real two ways about it. They were awful. But they didn't have their half back for most of the year. They didn't have Elsie Albert, who is an absolute weapon, and they both made a huge difference to their team over the weekend. But we yeah, but to beat the Broncos as well, huge achievement. But they just seemed fit. Yeah, seemed really fit. Really mobiles that you know, off the back of Elsie's you know, huge runs. They just get so much, they get so much space and time. So yeah, and Rachel's kicking game is great. So yeah, it looks like much.
Speaker 2: Let's see, that's why she's my favorite. You start the sledging me and team just gives me makes.
Speaker 4: You feel Yeah, great Trava Julia Robins and she obviously a weapon too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So another tough start to the year for the Broncos, though it's been a rough weekend.
Speaker 5: For the Broncos in general as a club in general, healing crisis.
Speaker 2: I love the Usain bolt. Yeah, celebration too. That was cool.
Speaker 3: That's cool, but.
Speaker 1: Especially after running ninety five meters for it as well.
Speaker 3: That was being on the end of that judicial news. Yeah, so we saw the big well, I don't even know what you would call it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't really a melee because it was a punch thrown, but really disgraceful scene. So this was a hip drop tackle for him not watching this on YouTube, There was a Annetta Claudia Norsala did a bit of a hip drop tackle here on Reuben Sherrington and then Kennedy comes in pushes her off because that's her little sister, and then it starts this Annetta clocks her in the face.
Speaker 3: This disgraceful and then she gets pulled back by her ponytail from behind as well. It's just foul scenes. No one wants to see this.
Speaker 4: And I made the point today in the paper, like the NW is in this position at the moment.
Speaker 3: They're not professional yet.
Speaker 4: They need broadcast numbers, They need people to be tuning in, they need that to be able to go professional by the time the next you know, broadcast deal around in twenty twenty eight. This is not the way that you're going to get people to be watching the game, Like if you these players all the time are talking about, oh you know, we're role models for the next generation, and we really want to inspire the next generation.
Speaker 3: This is not it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's the reason why they clamp down on punching and fighting in the men's game, right, it's exactly product. You know, what's the word desirable to as many eyeballs as possible, And it's the same thing in the in the nrolw.
Speaker 4: Entertaining you can still be so that rivalry you can still have. It's still intense, it's still really physical without assault. So it's yeah, So Aneta, she was charged twice and she got charged for the hip drop and then also first striking, So she's looking at she's looking at six weeks in total, but with an early player before, so two weeks.
Speaker 2: Which is a massive chunk of the seas and two when you take that into considerations, that left yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going to come together with you on this one. The Raiders were very good in interal w and I'm not being it's not about me, but my favorite player.
Speaker 1: Some ihime are Talfa love her.
Speaker 2: Oh just gone, yeah, tough as nails. I was devastated when she left Paramatta. And yeah, they look good again. I think they're Yeah, it was at thirty two twelve over the Tigers, who didn't have a lot to cheer about. But yeah, I think there they could be for a good season.
Speaker 1: The Raiders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a pretty good season last year too, so they finished fifth last year. They were just outside of a semi final spot in their first year, which was pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: But I mean, they had an early surge last year, didn't they. I was I was like, oh, okay, yeah, I be onto something here, but yeah, no, it was. It was good to see. Hopefully they don't burn out this time around.
Speaker 4: What were some of those starts. I was looking at some of the starts from some of the other day, so she raped. It was something like she was up around one hundred and seventy meters or something like that, thirty six tackles or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, Yeah a try, she's so good. Oh and just yeah, looking at the highlights. We're just watching now that let's see if this moves up here. I just want to see if we're right on target here. Yeah, it's just out we go the using the width, the way they go the right is they're good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I enjoyed first week.
Speaker 2: So please don't burst my Eels bubble next week because as per my ladder predictor, I don't have paramatunt of winning much before round twenty seven spoon Bowl against the Tigers. So you've got the winning spoinball, yeah, which will be Yeah, did you happen?
Speaker 1: Who do you happen? Around twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Umm?
Speaker 5: Oh maybe I did go the Eels winning spoinball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I did too, depends how many more injuries Yeah, between now and.
Speaker 5: But I think if I didn't, they would have finished dead last. And I think psychologically I was like, oh, it feels odd to have power at the bottom of the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'd like to say it's uncommon. But anyway, right, let's move on to everyone's favorite segment, what are you watching? Because I had a really good response from people who obviously don't they just suffer.
Speaker 1: Through our inneral GiB but just to get the what are we watching?
Speaker 2: Parts, So I'll let you guys go first, then I'll follow and lay with my disaster movies.
Speaker 5: I'm watching Homicide New York, which is true crime doco on Netflix and basically or each episode is a new sort of crime that they have to mostly murder that they know solve. Most of them are sort of in the eighties early nineties when there was like a massive crime wave in New York and it's super interesting. So it's based in Manhattan, but they're sort of split between North Homicide and South Homicide, so there's that rivalry between the two homicide squad and there's some fascinating cases that just really get you thinking and don't leave you. But yeah, I love a true crime documentary.
Speaker 4: As I've I've binged all of this too, absolutely love it. So it's like a they get all of the detectives that worked on these cases to explain it and then they it's shown as kind of like a show.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like Law and Order, but it's real. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 5: And my favorite ones are the ones sort of in the in the eighties because it's sort of before all the technology technological advancements in like you know, in police work, and so it's like old school police work, you know, and I love that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Is it like Shake par Altar in Brooklyn nine nine?
Speaker 2: You know, No, sorry, that's that's the extent of more TV cop shows.
Speaker 4: So I have recently finished I Am Selene Dion. This is on prime video, so just timely, very timely. So I watched it actually be a couple of weeks ago. I'm a huge Celandion fan, absolutely adore her. I think she's just what a great celebrity. She's so funny, she's so talented, she's just a queen, icon and legend and yeah, but this documentary was equal parts you know, funny and interesting, but it was devastating as well, just to see what.
Speaker 3: She's you know, what she's been.
Speaker 2: Through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so and then to see her I think I think it goes through about an hour and a half or so, but it's really really interesting, very heartfelt, and a bit distressing actually at times.
Speaker 3: So just a little bit of a warning.
Speaker 4: There, but just to it gives you some perspective of how incredible her moment was at the opening ceremony at the Olympics. What it took for her to actually get on stage and perform again amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can watch it because it seems I've seen a couple of clips that seem really heavy, but yeah, from what she's had to go through.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I'll probably will to watch it now. He won me over.
Speaker 3: It's really good. It's very very good. He's the best.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: So last week I put out the call for disaster movie suggestions. Priller by the name of Tristan got in touch with me straight away and suggested Greenland, which I hadn't heard of before, which just bizarre because yeah, I know, Gerard Butler extinction level event basically has to get his family to safety as the Earth's about then, you know, did.
Speaker 3: You trust any other man to get your family to safety?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I always used to get in trouble with my wife because any time we watching something I didn't really like, I'd say, you know what this movie needs. It needs Arnie coming in and cleaning house, just Schwartz and again, but Gerard Butler and Tristan, you bastard squeaky bum time. For about ninety minutes, my kids had their stomachs. They were so nervous throughout.
Speaker 1: The entire movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was too for something I hadn't heard of before, really really enjoyable, so talked about media was ready to just destroy Earth and you know, trying to live on through through that, trying to survive that, but also sort of the best and worst of humanity on the back of that, and it touches into that. And look, when when it comes to disaster movies, I think they're like pizzas.
Speaker 1: Even when they're bad, they're good.
Speaker 3: They're good.
Speaker 2: I love I love a good bad movie. So and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: It's a good bad Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm having a crack at Trictian.
Speaker 2: But it's a good crack because there's yeah, there's good stuff to it as well.
Speaker 1: But someone who told me they.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen it Arcadian, it's a new Nick Cage film on stands. Let me know if anyone's seen if it's if that's worth it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, age, okay, so that's going to going to be a good bad movie as well.
Speaker 1: No, no, there's just good movies. When it's Nicholas, the greatest movie of all, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Steal the Declaration of Independence. I could watch those movies all time. But the other ones were Twelve, which I've seen, San Andres the Rock. He fits in the same as Butler The Day the Earth was Still self. There's any other suggestions, let me know, but got me thinking about what have you guys seen the TV show on Netflix, The one hundred.
Speaker 3: No, it's I know what you mean, but I haven't watched it. Yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: About It's it is similar sort of planet Earth destroyed and there's the survivors are living on a spaceship basically. And I won't give a way too much meat, so much twist and turn happened from there.
Speaker 1: But Australian Bob Morley, Eliza Taylor, she.
Speaker 2: Was Janee on Neighbors years ago, and yeah, really enjoyable. So we watched that a couple of years ago. We've got me thinking about that. I might go and rewatch it. But that's that was quite good. I think you guys might enjoy that one. But if you have any other suggestions on disaster movies or anything else, please again Adam dot Mobs.
Speaker 1: At news dot com dot Au, because they were.
Speaker 2: Quite enjoyable watching Greenland, so and yeah, we'll do it a couple more of ours.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I enjoyed it that people listen to this podcast, but don't listen to it, just skip to the end to get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I had no feedback on any of my crazy takes last week, it was all have you seen this?
Speaker 4: I get feedback onto a great show. Thank you for the recommendation, so we'll see how we go.
Speaker 1: All right, well that's us for this week.
Speaker 2: We need to go and find out which players again in which clubs and what's going on with this run home because there's plenty to do, so we'll do it again next week we will. Thanks guys, thanks for listening. You'll get the Daily Telegraph Enerill podcast right here in your Mattie John's podcast feed. Maddie and Cooper croncor on a hiatus for three weeks while Mattie is in Paris, but you'll still get the Maddie John's Family podcast every Friday as usual. If you like what you heard today, go on find the Daily Telegraph er L podcast on your favorite podcast app in it follow, or download the Daily Telegraph app and listen to us there