Speaker 1: Apoday Production. Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana.
Speaker 2: This podcast is.
Speaker 3: About female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We help you shed the shame, grow to new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 3: Get ready for your next level of self. Hello everybody, and welcome back to another episode She Rises.
Speaker 1: And welcome back to Jana.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Ashy.
Speaker 1: Today's episode is a behind the scenes look into the empire that we are building She Rises, because this is not just a podcast. There is so much happening behind the scenes and so many exciting plans and a lot that we have to sacrifice, risk, put time and energy into. And we obviously post a lot on social media talking about our highlights and show the cool events and our funny reels and etc. But we really will take you guys behind the scenes because as normal as it seems, it's amazing, but it can also be really challenging. I think not a lot of people are talking about the sacrifice, the time, the energy, the risk that has to go into building something like this.
Speaker 3: And we've had many conversations recently around the podcast and the direction that we're going to be going in with the podcast, and we figured maybe we should bring you guys into the hard conversations that we've been having behind bless.
Speaker 1: And how we navigate them, because it's really beautiful and I'm really proud of us. Yeah, but before we get into that share of the week, it's a Monday, what have you got for us?
Speaker 3: The product I want to recommend is like a gut lining product, so it's good for leaky gut if you've got gut issues, and I've really wanted to go on that journey recently. So it's a product called Glutagenics by the brand Metagenics, and honestly, it's been really good. I have it twice a day and I just I'm excited to get on the journey of healing my gut again.
Speaker 2: And it actually tastes really good.
Speaker 1: I was so surprised you gave it to me the other night. I don't know why you gave it to me.
Speaker 3: It just could you stayed over and I pulled you out.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. And I take our glutamine, which the main ingredient in this is that glue to mine. I how to look at the back, but it tastes like lemon lime it it's so much better than playing algodon Wise.
Speaker 2: Oh yummy.
Speaker 1: How much was it? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I don't think it was more than sixty dollars. Yeah, okay, it was around that price.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My recommendation is a sauna. And I know this is a luxury to have a sauna at your house. When I used to hear people say they have saunas at the house, I was like, wow, that is a luxury.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: I know this is not something that everyone can afford. However, it is so relaxing. I feel so calm, I feel so good and I sleep better. It was been on my wish list for so long. I got the brand Nook. I didn't know which one to go because there was so many saunas out there and so many good reviews, and there's a lot that actually made him on the gold Coroast different brands, but LEVI did all the research, so anything he has or uses, I'm like fully trust. So he got Anook one and he had his for a couple of months, and I was like, do you love it any feedback, should I get one? He was like absolutely, it's amazing. So I ended up getting one, and I got a three person one. If make had one two, Oh, I got the three person one because she said the one is quite small and the two is more too. The three just gives me lots of space. And Steve and I have them together sometimes and I love it. And I also ended up collaborating with them, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: I work with them.
Speaker 1: So if you guys have been looking at getting one, you can use Ashy Bynes as a code and we'll get use money off. And it's made here in Crumblin on the Gold Coast. They come and deliver it. They set it all up. Take the rubbish away service it if you need to. And it's infrared, it's got blue tooth. It's really comfortable, it looks cute. I love it. Oh my god, I need I love it. I need to get one installed. Yeah, so do our names. The other day is if you everyone to use it, just let me know and I can turn it on. You can just come by the side gate and jump in. Oh it's just the best, so good. Yeah, I'm not pushing it yet, just because I'm only a couple of months post surgery, and I don't want to put my body under too much stress while I'm still recovering from that. But it just feels so good. I want to be going in a minimum three times a week to really feel the benefits long term.
Speaker 3: When you said that, what's his name, Andrew Huberman? He says, if you go in anywhere between two and four times per week, just for thirty minutes at a time, you decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease by fifty percents.
Speaker 1: Wild Pole that do Saunas live longer? Oh yeah, it's gonna be us. I love it alrighty. So we've got a lot going on we do. If you follow us on socials, you would have seen we just had our second live event. We've just booked our third one, which is coming October seventeenth here in Brisbane at the Powerhouse and we're so excited. It's our first live podcast events. So if you haven't got tickets, get them. And then we've got a lot of other things in the plans that individually, separately both of us have wanted to do and it just hasn't lined up. Yeah, So when Tiana came to me. For example, we want to hold a Ballei retreat. I was like, oh my god, I've always wanted to run on there, so excited, and I wanted to do it with Levi, but he hates Bali, so it's just never going to happen. I pushed him and I think I probably could have twisted his arm, but also don't want to. Yeah, if you don't want to do it, you don't love the country and appreciate it for what it is and didn't feel right. You know, it's me and you, and we've already started planning what it would look like. How many days we found a villa that we want to get where everyone can stay together.
Speaker 2: Basically, had the itinery already done mutually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got aft out the other day. It just is going to be so epic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I cannot freaking wait. And then we want to do a product which we're not going to tell you what it is. Yes, but we work in a product that will help you deepen your relationships, yes, which is really cool. That's the hint and the clue. Yeah, and that's all you get. There's a lot that goes into that. There's contacting manufacturers, there's getting samples made, there's creating the product, getting all designed, getting all made up, back and forth. It takes quite a while, but our goal is to kind of have that done by October, which is our first big event. And we were having a conversation the other night just about business and how another business that I know sold out for fifty million dollars and if you make five million profit, your business can be valued at fifty mil. And then Tiana went away that night, wrote in her journal, brought it to the gym next day and she's like, oh, it was at my house. Yeah, Like okay, let's just have a look at this crunch the numbers on different things we want to do. And I was like, wow, that's really cool because there's so much that's possible with this empire that we want to build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was really cool. I don't know, I just got like so inspired. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like I was laying in bed late at night after we had that conversation and I was like, all right, how do we make this work? Like how do we make the business comet evaluation at that number? Yeah, And just with the different pillars of what we do want to do and what feels really aligned. We were like, all right, cool, we can make this happen. But it's really beautiful though, because everything that we want to do feels really.
Speaker 1: Aligned, so aligned, and it's this long term goal. But we spoke about it in a previous episode of Enjoying the Journey of Creation, and our biggest value is impact, impact and connection and everything that we want to do there is so much impact, so much connection, and so much play and fun.
Speaker 3: And the really beautiful thing as well is that the podcast has quite like evolved quite quickly. Right, we were talking about this the other day. So we've been doing this together for three months now or four months now, yeah, and we've uploaded fifty episodes, we've added a fourth episode per week, hosted so far, two in person events that have sold out within three days. We've got our third one on the way, and just everything has happened so quickly, but also in stages, so you know, when we were focusing just on the podcast, we were like, okay, the next evolution for here is intimate events, yes, And then once we've done the intimate events, we're like, okay, bigger events now, you know, and then beyond that, it's like physical products and courses and you know, the next stage is the Bali retreat that we really want to do. So with all of that and with that growth, we're trying to figure out now together how we can make that work and intertwine that with our lifestyles now.
Speaker 1: And out other businesses.
Speaker 3: Because as she's got other businesses, she's also a mum of two, I've got another business and right now, like Sheet Rises is kind of taking over, Like there's a lot of work that we're doing behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Also doesn't make a lot of money at the moment. Yes, like, yes, we get paid for our podcast now, which is awesome now for a long time, but it's not a huge amount of money that we could just give up everything else we do. Yes, it's a long game, but that's where we're like, we don't want it to just be the only pillar of income. So how do we do other things that can create income that we can hopefully one day make this our full time gig that all we do is she Rises, that's our end goal. Yes, like, yes, you love coaching, I love hideaway. Sure do we see ourselves doing both of those forever? No, She Rises is definitely where our true passion is and where we can make the biggest impact and help more women with so many things in their lives. So it's really exciting.
Speaker 3: It is, and it's also comes with its challenges as well, like just learning how to navigate the compromise of what we've been talking about. Okay, you know right now, it's been a bit of a busier season. Yeah, and you've really felt it a lot because you're feeling really stretched. We've also been going through some seriously like personal things and grief amongst all of it. But then we're like, okay, you know, even now we've added a second day to work on she rises and how she rises meetings, you know, and then learning how to compromise for me of like, okay, where does that take away from my coaching business? How do I make sure that it doesn't impact my current clients? But then I'm still showing up in my business but then still giving enough to she Rises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really interesting like dance, it is.
Speaker 1: And we've had some really cool conversations which we wanted to share because I wouldn't say they were hard. They were just like, let's really talk about this because we have to. It's all fun and exciting to get excited about the big plans and our goals and everything, but let's be realistic and how do we make this work. And when the first conversation was around your coaching, you wanted to do courses and master classes and maybe a subscription. A subscription yes, and we bounced back and forth. I remember when you first asked me the gym, would you be open to doing subscriptions? And I was like one hundred percent. And then we haven't had the chance to fully sit down and talk about that. It wasn't the goals. And then you were like, oh, I might do that for my own business and get that up and running. And I was like, yeah, cool, in full support of you're doing that, and then we'll do hours later like I'm in no rush. And then you came back and you're like, Okay, this is where I'm at. Yes, I can do the courses by myself, and I can the subscription. But then my heart's over here. I want to do it, and she rises, but I need to know if you're going to be all in, because if you're not all in, then I muzzle do it over here. Yeah, And that's when I was like, I am all in, but I think I don't have as much time as what you might do. For example, when I go home, my phone's in my bedroom and I'm with my children. I don't want to go back to doing what I was doing baseline that when I get home, I'm half fast parenting because I'm on my phone looking at deadline, checking the website, checking on staff. Stressed it was NonStop running that business. I don't want to go back to doing that. So I just need to figure out a way how to fit this all in. You're in your hustle era, and I'm ten years older than Tiana as well. We've got to remember she's twenty six. I'm thirty six, So I know that hungry like that by Yeah, when you've just got all the time in the world, you just want to go at it. And I still am in that, but I'm also going to prioritize my kids, and I'm quite heavy and hideaway now. I couldn't step away from that just yet. Yeah, So I was like, Okay, how do we do this? How do we do this? Dance? And there's conversations around finances, like would you be happy to take on more of the load with the courses and take more of a percentage. She was like hell, yeah, yeah, I love this, so I'm ready for this. I was like, cool that works.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just really cool conversation to both know exactly what we want, which is the same thing, but how do we make it work? And then I was like, okay, well we do one day a week together at the moment. Realistically, if we want to do all these big things, that is not going to happen to it one day a week. We both are going to have to figure out one other full day that we can pull all that energy into it. And when we get together, we get so much die I was super efficient together, very efficient and bounce and what she's good at I'm not so good at and yus Yeah, really cool. We have different strengths, different strengths, so we've added an extra day and to be able to make those things in reality, and we're like, let's just tackle one thing at a time and once we tackle it, we'll move on to the next.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really exciting. But we both had really honest conversations with what that looks like for us when our boundaries are because I don't want to go home and keep working as like cant because.
Speaker 3: I've got my kids there, Whereas like for me, I'm like, I'm happy to do that, like I've already do it now in my business. It's just that that time is going to my current business. So it's like even if we have a she Riser's day, I've got my first workday which is with us, and then i go home, have a break, eat something, and then I've got another three four hours of like my business upman, So it's like I'm kind of already doing that anyway. Yes, And then when we were having that conversation, I remember you saying to me like, I just don't want to run a team, like oh yes, that was another thing that came. I'm just letting you know right now this is not what I want to do. And I'm like, that's so cool, babe.
Speaker 1: I was like laughing, but also like I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, You're like, please don't know.
Speaker 1: Like Steve does such a beautiful job at running the team, and I know I could learn to get better at it, for sure, but it's not something I want to do. And now at thirty six turning thirty seven, I am getting older. I want to do the things that really light me up. I've worked so hard since I was thirteen. I've done the rough times, I've tried lots of different things, and now I'm really strong on doing what lights me up. Yeah, and delegating the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I know that sounds privileged to be in that position, but that's just.
Speaker 2: Where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I want to honor that. So I was like, I don't want to imagine the team. I'm a great team player. I'll do it, do whatever you need to do. You tell me what to day, I'll do it. You can sweet the floor if you like, whatever you need me to do. I just don't want to be that central team leader that everyone's going to because it's just I have so much energy in the day, and I found when I had Baseline, it took away from my children because I was so pulled and emotionally plugged into everyone else. I want to be able to leave work and go home be with my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've learned that lesson and I don't want to go back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that's so fair enough.
Speaker 3: And then as well, in that conversation, I remember saying to you, like, this is something I feel like i'd be capable of doing, you know, and whilst I still learn how to be a better leader, and I'd learned that through implementing. It's a position, a position that I would also be like all right, like within this business and this like enterprise, I'm like balls to the wall, like let's fucking go, Like do you know what I mean? Like, I'm like, I will do I think I said this to you, like I will do anything that I have to in order to make this work.
Speaker 1: I think you do a beautiful job at it. For the most part, I'm two people pleasing. I want to be everyone's friends. I want everyone to like me. I have no boundaries in a workplace environment. I don't have any of that. I'll just put my hand I'p'm really bad at it.
Speaker 3: I think that's something that I have to learn as well, because I definitely have people pleasing tendencies and it'll just be something that have to like overcome.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you would have it in a workspace, because I feel like in my personal life I'm pretty good at it, but in my work life, I'm not. I've definitely had it, so I've had a couple of vas in the past in my business. The very first one, I just wanted her to be my friend. Yeah, and I was more her friend than I was her boss.
Speaker 2: But she was a really good worker.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I look back in hindsight after having multiple vas and I'm like, fuck, she was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and then after that, I think I became more of a leader.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We've even had conversations around protecting our friendship within the business as well, like that's a huge value of both about them. I really really want to make sure that our friendship is protected in this. So we've spoken about doing up a partnership agreement and making sure that the business side of things is business. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your dad gave us that advice too. He I remember you saying from the start that my dad's always just said, what do you say exactly.
Speaker 3: Treat every business deal like they're a stranger or something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just something that was like, that's so true, and in regardless of what happens, then your friendship's protected. Yeah, and at the end of the day, that's main goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So yeah, keep business business and then friendship friendship, and then that way you always know that you're good in every aspect, because then when emotion comes in, you're like, okay, like the facts of facts, and we can deal with that factually, and then we can come over here and we can enter and put the friendship hat on and go, hey, let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: And we've made those decisions in an agreement, which we haven't done yet. We will do, but we've made those decisions an agreement. We were really regulated and not emotional. Yep, we're both agreeing on that. So you can't go back when your emotion and be like, oh, well, actually I don't Yeah, I didn't say that when you do.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those things that we treat business like business and then get to protect our friendship.
Speaker 1: And if you've got nothing to hide, there's no big deal in doing that. That's right, Like, wol you're not.
Speaker 3: This is what we're talking about with like prenups and stuff. Yeah, like if you're in it for the right reasons, like who gives a.
Speaker 2: Fuck, then there's nobody you're there for.
Speaker 1: Low It shouldn't be uncomfortable, you know.
Speaker 3: And this is the thing that people struggle with is like oh but oh my god, you shouldn't treat me like that, and not think anything of me like.
Speaker 2: That, you don't trust me, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, no, well make sense that somebody would want to protect their net worth and what they've created for themselves, because that's what they've created for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've looked hard at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end of the day, our friendship is the most important thing. And that's why I went to T two talking about all these big goals and everything and where I'm at with being a mum and that being such a big priority for me too. Is like my fear is that you would resent me if you were doing more than me. Yeah, and I would never ever want that. So that's why I was like, I need to talk to her about this so that we can make sure that she is getting a higher percentage of the earnings or commission or whatever it is based on the work that we're Yeah, so that you don't ever feel like that. I love growth mums, that it's always been instilled in me and being such a driven person. But yeah, it's just going to be us figuring out how it looks and then when we can bring our first staff member on board to help us and what roles you do enjoy what roles. I don't enjoy what we can delegate what we can delegate because I want you to stay in the things that you love. It's like accounting. Both of us are like fuck no, yes, so now my mum's doing that for us.
Speaker 2: We just thanks Wendy.
Speaker 1: We just take a photo of our receipts at her and she handles the rest. Like, we don't want to do that. We want to stay in our creative flow and be making impact because no one else can do our role. It's like bringing Bethy on to help with running the event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been incredible.
Speaker 1: She was like, you girls need to just turn up and be you because we can't do that. Let us handle the logistics and all the stress and anything that needs last minute running around. And it was so beautiful to have that help power in collaboration.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh, if the events have taught me anything is that it really does take a village to create something big before and also every part helps, Like you know, Bethy has a strength in doing what she does. Yeah, well as spreadsheets, I'm like holy and she just like so took initiative in that role and I was like to oh shit, okay, this is what it's about, yeah, like, this is what it's going to require of us in the retreats and in anything that we do in person events.
Speaker 2: It's going to require that collaboration.
Speaker 1: It does. I love collaboration too, and I think that's where we came together as well. Like I've done apps and subscriptions before, You've done courses before, but it's like it's so much more fun together.
Speaker 2: It really is. And we talk about this often. We're both like, when did you content on our own? We're like, oh, yeah, we can do it.
Speaker 3: Then together, they were like we like little kids skimming around.
Speaker 1: I fell in neglect my own TikTok these days because I'm just so excited for that she rises.
Speaker 3: And this is the conversation we've often been having. It's like, Okay, eventually I came to Ashley the other day. I was like, eventually, like I don't want to be doing anything.
Speaker 2: I'm like yeah, And then it was like a oh my god, you feel the same.
Speaker 1: There was something else that happened. You were just having the internal conversations around your coaching and you're like, I never want you to feel any pressure that, like, she rises has to be the main thing for us and I was like, I don't feel pressure. I want that too. Oh you do? Oh my god. Yeah, And that sparked all these conversations we both want the same thing, because I remember.
Speaker 3: Feeling like I really love this and like everything about the podcast, everything about what we're doing is just like it lights me on fire or lights of fire underneath it. I know what you mean, however you want to say it. I never felt more aligned in my life. Oh me too. And then I was just like, oh my god, am I the only one who feels this? No? Not.
Speaker 1: As I started this podcast, I just knew this is what I would want to be doing. And then even all the stuff happened and the last co host left, and I was like, share, don't do this on my own. Do I get someone else? And I just remember saying to Katie and Jay, balling my eyes to them, just being like, this is what I want to do. I need to keep doing this, and they were like, you will, We'll figure out a way. Don't stress, You've got this. But I was just in panic of like, I don't want to do anything else. Yeah, And even with the whole brain surgery thing and closing down baseline, it just felt so right because I would have more time for this. It lights me up so much, even like you girls may not realize that when you send it in a DM to say how an episode impacted you, helped you made you not feel alone, you learn something like you have no idea how much that makes our day. It literally makes us so emotional and gets us so excited.
Speaker 3: We like send screenshots to each other and we're like, look at me, yes, And then the event is that time's tenfold, face to face, being able to hug you, connect with you, see you cry, see you open up, see your hold hands from another woman. It's just so so powerf to bring women together. And that in person feeling and how willing everyone was to grow was something out of this world.
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 1: I just wish everyone could find a career or a job where they feel how we feel, because I haven't always felt like this. There's definitely been periods like I loved Fitness, and I did love Baseline for a certain amount of time, and I love Hideaway, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't set my heart on firelight This does. I feel so lit up. I could literally do this all day, every day. It's all I think about is all I want to work on. I wouldn't even know how many hours we do a week on it, oh, away from the office, but it doesn't feel like work. It feels like a hobby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. Like this, it's so much fun. And yeah, you know what I love.
Speaker 3: I love hearing as well people from the outside looking in. When I get people talk about the podcast to me, they're like, you guys just look like you're having so much fun. Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are like, yeah, we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's just so much fun.
Speaker 3: And that makes it more enjoyable for people to witness us, but then also more enjoyable for us because we're like, we're genuinely having a good time, because it lights us both up. Yes, And I think for really long time, I've really tried to make certain ways of doing business fit that weren't my style, you know, like putting like we've spoken about this in past episodes, how I would take on past partners, you know, lens of business of how I should do things where deep down I knew it wasn't right for me, but I was listening anyway, And then I would feel resentful. I would burn out every three weeks and I'd be like, why the fuck am I even doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, but where is this? I'm like that other thing I haven't had that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not at all.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that at all.
Speaker 1: I hope anyone listening, I hope it inspires you. It doesn't matter what age you're at, twenty six, thirty six, it doesn't matter where you're at in your life. You can always change change your mind trying something new. And if you're not feeling lit up, alive, excited for your work and for your purpose, yeah it's time to fucking look at that change. I'm not saying quit your job straight away, but don't settle for the story that I have. When I was a little girl, that I was sold that you just had to work to live. Yeah, you just had to work to pay the bills, Get a job, be grateful you've got a roof over your Like, it doesn't have to be like that for you. And trust me, I came from nothing. You can build a life that you're really proud of and that you're really excited for. I really hope my kids find something like this, not podcasting, whatever they want to do, but where they just feel so lit up and excited for it, and if they get over it, want to change their mind. Amazing. I will encourage and push that too.
Speaker 3: And even the conversation we're having the other day around how I felt like I was hiding behind my coach identity. Yeah, you know, We've had this conversation for months now as she's been encouraging me to just add variety into my content and just based on things that I've told her that I've wanted, and I've just held on to it so much because it's been such a safety net for me, and I've just been like, Okay, I've noticed that I've been evolving, but my content hasn't reflected it, and I've been terrified of changing that and adjusting that to do what I actually want to do because of these fucking ideals that have been put on me from what I think others want me to do. Yeah, And I just have been like this whole last couple of weeks especially, has really been about letting go of that and come into this like unknown space of discomfort and fear and change and gross and it's fucking uncomfortable, really is, and it's scary, but it's also like the drive and the desire and the pool to go this way so much stronger than the fear that's trying to pull me backwards.
Speaker 1: I love that and I could relate because I said, when I gave up in the fitness industry and decided to move in this direction, that was hard. I was like, Wow, people have always loved me for fitness. I've always posted fitness content. Will I still be relevant people? Will they still be interested? Would they still want to watch me? And I was like, well, if they don't, then they're not my people. And I'll attract the right people that are on the same journey to me, you know, But you forget that your audience also grows with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even at the event, there were so many women that came up for a photo. I've followed you for fifteen years. Oh that was so cool to hear, so cool to see all your evolutions and I just love watching the journey of you.
Speaker 3: And I was like, ohmu, you've grown and yeah, it was really beautiful, so special, really cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're going to be bringing out a course which is really cool product hopefully by October and Barley Retreat. That's really exciting.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting.
Speaker 1: I know, there's a lot of Barley retreats around, but it won't be black House, no bias.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think we just wanted to just document a little bit of the journey and kind of where we're both at and what we're planning and what we want and just the reality of it all because you see things on the forefront and you might just see us posting podcast snippets and also really fun reels that you guys get to come along on.
Speaker 1: But it's not just that this more behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: How much more happening and big plans that we've got.
Speaker 1: So I was saying to Tea the other day, this time next year, we're going to look back and be like, holy shit, we've done a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's crazy what you can do in a short amount of time when things feel so aligned, they just flow. Even our events, it's like, whoa, how do we just say we're going to do this? And now we've got all planned and it's done now. And it's interesting too. We were driving back from Brisbane Get the Rule behind the Scenes today, driving back from Brisbane last month and we were trying to book in the powerhouse. Yeah, and it was getting a bit much for me. It was really overwhelming. What they were requiring, what they needed from usk questions. I was trying to get a hold of them. Oh my god. It was a nightmare. And I've done a lot of events over the years, and I was like, this is not normal. And I started saying. I was like, look, it's just not meant to be. We'll find a new location. Let's park this one. I remember this like, look, I was driving. I remember this look in her eye that was like no. And Tatiana came out, got out her phone, called them and in a very polite, respectful, yet stern way of just like, we are going to make this happen. What do I need to do right now to lock this in? Like I'm here. You need and she's like, I need the insurance, I need cool done dune dune. We pulled over it grilled, got out and meet Patties and she's just hustling away. But my fear came up and I doubted it. And I was telling Steve Boddy goes, yeah, you do that when you go overwhelmed. Do you think you're not capable? In your old story of I'm too dumb pops up and then you park it and you just let it go. I was like, yeah, I don't do.
Speaker 2: That, don't. I thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 3: It was such a cool moment though, it was for us to have that conversation and just noticing that in the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and noticing the energy shift of like, no, I fucking got this, Yeah we want this, We're gonna make this happen at determination. Yeah, it's like, oh, go got fire.
Speaker 3: I love it, And like not allowing someone saying no to yeah, like, oh that's the end of it, because they didn't really say no, but they would.
Speaker 1: They were hurtle.
Speaker 3: It was so difficult, it's so neat. I was like, don't fuck with me today. All right, has just been filming for eight motherfucking hours. All right, we're doing this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was just we've got the vision for so long. We did well, we really wanted that location, and.
Speaker 1: We just on our vision board had exactly what it looked like. This venue was in nothing else compared. Yeah, if you guys love this episode and you like more behind the scenes of what it takes to run an event or yeah, different hard conversations that we have, would you like us a share more of that because I don't even like saying hard because they're not hard.
Speaker 3: They don't feel hard together, So.
Speaker 1: It's it just conversations that they've got to be had, but like uncomfortable conversations. Maybe, yeah, we did have one the other day. Actually that was a bit harder on the treadmill. That was about about yes. So look, we're not in different opinions about this. I'm obviously a little bit more sensitive to it. But I didn't want to talk about this because I didn't want to draw more attention because you can see that they're actively waiting to pounds and they're actively trying to bring us down. They're actively going to our reviews and leaving shit us fate comment. Either they're not listening and they're just writing it to bring us down, or they are listening, which if you don't like us, motherfucker, you're listening. Anyways, you can see that they're trolling. And Tiana's idea was to ask our audience to jump on and the ones who are loving and you girls that are listening, to go over and support us and to leave some positive feedback and reviews to try and squash them away. And I was like, oh, that's just going to make the trolls want to win, and they're going to come back tenfold. They're going to post it in some gossip forum and then five hundred it'll come over and do it.
Speaker 3: And I know this.
Speaker 1: I don't know they'll do it, but I have had experience this, I've got evidence. I know how bitious they are. They are actively waiting to pound on anything. And we were back and forth too, and I was like, look, we can try it. I'm just protective of your mental health. You're now grieving a friend. I'm still grieving Rambo, and We've both got a lot going on right now. Even though it doesn't ruin our day, it is still energy. When you read something about yourself.
Speaker 2: There's energy out. Yeah it is yea.
Speaker 1: Even if it just like flicks you, it's still a little bit. It might not knock you over, but you can still feel that little flick and twinge of like, oh God, why did they say that? Yeah it's there. You know you're human, you can feel it. You're not superpower, superwoman, not super human. I'd be lying if I said it never affected me. And I think you coming into this, I know it's not, but I feel a sense of responsibility to protect and shield you from that, and I know that I can't, but if there's something that I feel will minimize it, yeah, I would do. So the thought of encouraging people to go over there, I'm like, Oh, I freak out and I want to like, what do the reviews do anyway? Like I was saying, I don't feel like they're going to help us grow, which you're like, I think it will. There's hundreds of thousands of people that listen to us. Imagine if they went over and they're loving it. We were just having a discussion about it, Yeah, but it felt uncomfortable because.
Speaker 2: We had different opinions almost.
Speaker 1: Like different opinions, and I'm trying to protect you and I'm more triggered and sensitive to it because i've experienced it. And then you're like, but I'm not going to live in fear and I'm not going to let them stop me from crying. And this is a part of it. The more we grow, the more people are going to hate us, Like we've got to get used to this.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you're right, but scared, but yeah, that's the right. We had like different context, right, Yeah, you've got the context of previous evidence where I haven't had to experience that, that initial backlash, and you know, psychologically, I haven't had to experience that whereas you have. And then I think for me, I'm like thinking bigger picture.
Speaker 2: And the conversation we did have I said to Ashley was like, you know, if we are.
Speaker 3: Going to grow as big as we're going to grow, those people are going to become so irrelevant that we can't even hear them, right. But then it's the process of doing that, you know, And it's a choice for me to be here and to do this with you. And I'm also willing to put myself in the firing lines, like I.
Speaker 1: Would be a firing life.
Speaker 3: So like that It's so true though, right anybody who puts themselves on social media is risking being criticized. It doesn't matter who the fuck you are, what avenue you're in, It does not matter. You could be selling baby clothes and someone will criticize you for that's sake, do you know what I mean? So like, it comes with the territory, And like I would be ignorant if I thought that one hundred percent of people are gonna like me. It's just one of those things where I'm like Okay, what do we focus on?
Speaker 2: Do we focus on?
Speaker 3: You know, because again, like what you said, there's hundreds of thousands of women who were listening into this podcast. I'm like, I saw Leila Homosy and Alex Homosy do it every single episode.
Speaker 2: They do it.
Speaker 3: They you know, say, you know, guys, like if you want to leave a review, it might just help somebody. You know, the reviews are whatever, and you say, leave a comment.
Speaker 2: Hey, this really was pivotal for me.
Speaker 3: This really gave me a light bulb moment. Maybe the next person who reads that will go, shit, I'm going to listen to that. So that's what I'm trying to focus on. But then also that the fear is so valid as well, and you have the context of that fear. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was saying to Tea too, like it's a rough stat but I would think because I've been doing this for so much longer, and I'm old, and I've been online for double the amount of time you have, I feel like most of the hate is going to be on me, so it's a lot for me to carry. Yeah, And I just feel I think lately holding what I'm holding the grief being a good mum showing up and doing all the things I've just felt. It's like extra heavy.
Speaker 2: Of course it's extra hard.
Speaker 1: And now you're entering a grieving period which I can't say it ends soon because it doesn't still thick in it. I didn't want anything extra on top of what you're going to be holding now. Yeah, and we both were like, I hear you, you hear me. I see your points, I see mine. They're both all real, they're all valid. Yeah. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it I think just because I am protective and I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's so many layers to it, with a lot.
Speaker 3: And when you started to say, like the mental health side of things, yeah, breathing and how it automatically feels so much heavier, I was like, oh, you know what, like maybe it's not fucking worth it, Like maybe it's not worth it. But then I was also like, I just want to make sure that we're you're never making a decision out of fear. Yeah, but out of so much fear there yeah yeah, but you know what I mean, like out of a place of all I need to keep myself small in this box just so that people don't pounce because it's like, well, then we're doing a disservice for all the people who do listen to this podcast.
Speaker 1: And I'm letting them win. It's not your life. If you're always worried about what other people are thinking, they're controlling it. And I totally see that. I'm even scared talking about this now because I know that it's like in the past, every time I've spoken about being depressed or being suicidal or being upset, it's like some people fucking love a babe. Yeah, They're like, whoa, she's down, We're winning. So fuck it's so fuck so Like, I don't even like talking about this vulnerable stuff because it's just I don't know. I don't think I'll understand why people enjoy that. Yeah, I really don't.
Speaker 2: This wasn't in our notes by that.
Speaker 1: No, how you can enjoy one trying to bring down another woman, but to enjoy seeing her go down in that process. Yeah, you don't think I'll ever understand that.
Speaker 2: No, and you won't because you're not like that.
Speaker 1: I the last thing I'd ever want to do is see a women go down, even someone that's hurt me, like even a troller. I would never wish bad upon them. Yeah, even if they said the most disgusting thing about me. All I hope is that they heal. Yeah, and they get to see what's coming up for them and they don't do it someone else. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we're still figuring. We're still figuring that part out.
Speaker 1: So if you love our episodes, go live a nice review.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, And you know what's wrong wrong there?
Speaker 1: It'd be more that there's more love than hate. I would love to be proven, yes, and.
Speaker 2: That's what I keep trying to say.
Speaker 3: But you know what, at the end of the day, the people who are in there writing bad reviews are also attacking your character. So they're not even talking about the podcast. It just shows that they're just trolling and they can say all they want, but the numbers don't lie. And all of you beautiful humans who are listening and who do value the podcast and value you know, what we have to say and what we share and that impact that it makes on you, Like, that's what it's about. And we just do it willing to drown out the five percent or the one percent of people who do have something to say, because again, we're not going to be everyone's cup of tea and we're not here to fucking people please, Like at the end of the day. That's a commitment ashly I made when we start achieve rises. We said we are going to ruffle feathers. We are going to talk about things that are going to make people uncomfortable. And the fact that we're going to talk about things that people shy away from.
Speaker 1: I want to activate point you activate something within you that hasn't been activated before. Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Activate. That's the word word.
Speaker 3: It's the word they've word of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you do love our podcast, it does mean a lot to us. It does support us a lot, and we love seeing it.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate We do appreciate a lot to us. Yeah, if you have any feedback or if you do like us talking more business behind the scenes, like, let us know, because we would really you know, we'd like to share more of this and we'd like to document more of the journey as well. So if you do like it, let us know, send us a DM or jump in form.
Speaker 1: Or wouldn't say we're a business podcast, However, this is a business and we were doing it, so we're happy to you're long the journey, behind the scenes and all the ups and downs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not going to claim they we're professional.
Speaker 1: They're learning as we go.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: There's a huge pillar of our lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know so and passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah alright right, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,