Speaker 1: We got get you the ready morning every day, every lady, gentlemen, Adelaides, Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 2: Jade.
Speaker 1: As I've said it once or said a thousand times, you'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on. What about that time produced Molly when Jody turned off to work and she wasn't wearing pants, were like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: James?
Speaker 1: I was just like, ah, I forgot to book pants on.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, smarty pants, all right?
Speaker 1: You were wearing aeddy pants, not even smarty pants.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I need to be made to feel better in this situation because I've forgotten something quite significant, and I want other people to join in and say they also forgot other things that were quite Significantating twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: It's a group chat on top of that as well. Best call this morning's got yourself some Teddy Swims tickets?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 5: The other night, I was at home and my daughter was home from school. She wasn't feeling well and she was lying on the couch all feverish and everything, and I said, I'll run you a coolish bath.
Speaker 1: Oh good on it.
Speaker 5: She was like, thank you so much, mommy, that's so lovely. And so, you know, I go to the bathroom and I start the bath and then I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner.
Speaker 4: A delicious pasta bake made out of a jar.
Speaker 1: Particularly and we seek that. I absolutely just hits the spot some of that beautiful jar goodness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so baths running, I'm in the kitchen, I get distracted by said pasta bake, just trying to inject a few vegetables so my kids don't die of malnutrition.
Speaker 4: That pasta bake took forty.
Speaker 5: Minutes to bake, and as the timer went off, I went, I'm forgetting.
Speaker 4: What am I forget? Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Ran into our on sweet bathroom and it had flooded. It had flooded, I reckon probably I don't know, thirty centimeters, and so it had seeped from the bathroom into the carpet in the in the bedroom sort of walk in area, and after a.
Speaker 4: Couple of days it.
Speaker 5: Started to stink like vile sort of moldy smell. And so I rang one very prominent carpet cleaning company who have a jingle, and I was like, that'll be able to help me, and they're like, oh, if the carpet stinks, it's already moldy. There's nothing we can do. You have to get a new carpet. And I was like, that's expensive. That's insanely expensive.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say as well, they're just absolutely the biggest of enemies, and that is water and carpet. Yeah, they will never get along.
Speaker 4: Water and woolen carpet. I since discovered it is not good.
Speaker 5: So the upshot is I called a local company, thank you so much for being infinitely more helpful, and they sent someone out. They cleaned it yesterday at a cost of seven hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh that's an expensive bath in that yeah, big miss.
Speaker 5: Yes, So anyway, someone make me feel better. Please needs some friends. Please give us a girl on thirteen twenty four ten and tell me what you forgot as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, best call this morning. Do you know what. We'll find some allies for you straightaway. Jade's thirteen twenty fourteen. What did you forget? Good morning, Sam, Good morning, How are.
Speaker 4: You We are going? Well? Please tell me what you've forgot? Well, I went into the post office forgot to put the handbrake on my car, came out and went, don't much start.
Speaker 5: On my car.
Speaker 6: It was in Kingtown.
Speaker 4: My car had literally gone out of the parking and started rolling down Little Rundel Street.
Speaker 1: Excellent. Oh how did it finish, Samantha? Did did a bash into something?
Speaker 2: What Aantually it.
Speaker 6: Just stopped and there was no damage on it and everybody and like people were beeping their horns and I'm like, there's nobody in the car.
Speaker 2: It's love.
Speaker 5: I love it that the people are begging the helens and Sam's probably strutting into the place of going, oh, I've still got it.
Speaker 1: Dude, where's my car? It's off you see, there you go. So you got one hour on Samantha.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, Samantha. That's not damage.
Speaker 1: THO thirteen twenty four to ten. What did you forget? Let's make Jodie feel a little bit better in this space, because it happens. If I had a dollar Joades for every time that I'd left my keys, wallet and phone on top of my car, yeah, I think I'd be the upwards of twenty to twenty five bucks.
Speaker 4: You've smashed a few phones, haven't you.
Speaker 1: That was at least three from ing on top of my car, and it was always. I've also lost two pairs of ray bands leaving on top of the car. And what's even more annoying than there's always the moment where you're like, oh, yeah, I heard that come off my roof. Yeah, I was wondering what that was. Yeah, I was wondering about ten minutes after you realized Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's infuriating. Thirteen twenty four ten. Letess to do this this morning. What did you forget that costure?
Speaker 1: We'll take calls next. Let's make Jodes feel better about herself, because you can be very, very forgetful.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Stephen, What on earth did you do?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: Something very similar to you, but I think on a more extreme level. We were going away for a long weekend. So it was a Friday afternoon and we were packed ready to go, and I thought to myself, oh, I'll just fill up a big bowl of water for our cat. That was sort of just you know, you know, cats they live, but look after themselves. So I put the bowl over the plug in the sink and field it started like turn the water on and it didn't realize that that then cover the sink and we jumped in the car drove away. We got back three days later and as we were opening the door, there was water flowing out of our front door, and I thought, what the hell is going on? Flooded our whole house, Our whole kitchen needed to be pulled out and replaced because everything was soggy and wet. Carpets needed to be pulled up, flooring needed to be pulled up. So yeah, ended up costing us about ten and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then on top of that, about two months later we got the water bill which was about six hundred bucks. That on the cake.
Speaker 1: So you're obviously when you get back from a long weekend, you're not feeling your best. No, you're a little bit sad because you go back to work or so you've probably over indulged. And then when you open up the door and it's just a flood of water that comes out, it's the cherry on top.
Speaker 5: What about the whack in the face Two months later when say water go, Hey, that time you flooded the house and it got you ten thousand dollars, he's an extra six sunder you. Oh, Stephen, I'm so sorry. Thank you for the call, though, I feel so much better. Yeah, that's amazing, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Me rejoicing in other people's pain that's worse than mine.
Speaker 1: It's good. Let's all suffer together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so nice. We take one more call Meghan. What happened when you were pregnant? Meghan?
Speaker 2: Well, I was getting dressed one day, went to work and thought, oh geez, it's a little bit breezy, and look down, and I was not wearing any pants. No, actually got to the car before I realized I wasn't wearing pants.
Speaker 1: He's half that as the world, Megan, because he's six months pregnant. And obviously you're very much showing you can't even see down there. No, so you can't make a check this in your brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no no. And of course you know, wearing a big long top because you know, you know, nothing fits apart from the big glove. Yeah, yeah, you know, it looks down and everything was out.
Speaker 1: She's so alternative.
Speaker 4: Look at her, go with any consolation, Megan.
Speaker 5: At six months pregnant, you can't see your own way word, so I doubt anyone else will.
Speaker 2: That is very true, very true.
Speaker 1: What a free spirit, just counseless. It's Friday, Thank you, to everybody who contributed this morning. Jad's feel better about yourself, much better. Oh my gosh, We're all in this together.
Speaker 7: He's a master over eight point seven billion streams globally with hits like this from Atlanta. Is one of the biggest of breakout stars the industry has seen. He's about to bring I've tried everything but therapy to it to the Adelanta Entertainment Center October twenty seventh.
Speaker 3: Please welcome Teddy.
Speaker 8: Swims, Yes, Sturdy, Hello, Yeah, hart intro man. I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you like that. You can thank produce the body for that. She put her heart and soul into it. Teddy lady, Okay, So Teddy, I'm just going to paint the scene here because we can see you in your hotel room. Whereabouts are you and what are you drinking? What's in that big class of what appears to be a.
Speaker 8: While I'm a wuenes aires.
Speaker 9: We're doing Lola Plou's out here in a couple of days, and I'm having a double gnteam my baby, little Jit and Tani.
Speaker 1: Yes, Teddy, can we take a bit of a trip down memory lane? Because I feel like I was probably a lot of people and this was years and years ago, Jodes it went viral on YouTube. I think it was social media. So I first discovered you, like so many other people when you did this in a world where there's so many good singers. To stand out doing a cover song, you've got to be friggin phenomenal. Like, did you know, Teddy that you're going to get so much attention from this cover of Journey back in the day.
Speaker 8: Dude, I had no. I mean no, we were just in a green room and like you know, we were at Antwerp, I believe.
Speaker 9: With that little video happened and my pianist jj Will started playing it and then I was sang the first two lines and somebody happened to pull out a camera. I remember my manager Luke calling me when that happened, like thirty minutes after it was posted, and was like, you just posted this and it's already like a million use. It just nuts how that thing just was going crazy. And I had did like a lot of YouTube covers in my life, and we had put all this like different work and hard into it. And I'm telling you what I did in like three years on YouTube was all trumped. In a week of singing two lines of a Journey song and I got a chance to sing with them and like do a bunch of stuff with them, and it was like the social media is the most powerful thing in the world. Man, that I still get tagged in that video every day. People are still discovering that particular video every day.
Speaker 5: Teddy, we were talking about you the other day because there's a little thing going around on Instagram much with chapelone back in two thousand and one, when she's singing in front of fifty people on her cassio piano in a park and then it morphed into her singing in front of one hundred thousand people at Austin, Texas. Does it still blow your mind how quickly that meteoric rise can go And do you have to be a pretty strong person to be able to deal with that absolute escalation in fame.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's an adjustment that I've had to do.
Speaker 9: But also it's always about, like, you know, I think for me again, we always still go busk or singing a karao, gubar or wherever they'll let us sing. You know, I'm a firm believer if if your mom's in her house playing lose control. I'm walking through the neighborhood and I'm knocking on the door asking to sing it with her, you know what I mean, Like I love I'm here to sing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I love singing.
Speaker 9: So I don't care if there's two people, I don't care if there's three billion people.
Speaker 8: I'm doing this ultimately for me, you know.
Speaker 9: And I love singing, and I love the way it makes me feel, and I love the expression of I do something that I love, and so I always try to keep that at the heart of it, you know, and not keep the pressure of one hundred thousand people or so so on. I mean, I'm honored to be playing at big crowds. But at the end of the day, you know, like, I'm so lucky that I get to do this. And if I was doing it for two people tomorrow, or if I was doing this to two billion people tomorrow, I get to do this, and it's the freaking coolest job.
Speaker 8: In the world, man, And that's all that there is to it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I'm so happy I get to express myself.
Speaker 1: The great Teddy swims that joins us. He's going to stick around, and we need to talk about fatherhood. Next, Teddy swims on Adelaide's Nova nam My Love from South America.
Speaker 5: Teddy in one of the most exciting developments of your life. You're about to become a dad this year, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're doing June fifteenth is the day currently?
Speaker 4: So yeah?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: And how are we feeling about little boy, little Teddy Teddy Junior.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to meet him. I'm that is the biggest thing in my life right now. My whole sky just revolves around like I just I'm so excited.
Speaker 8: And to see this.
Speaker 9: Woman, man Race is just carrying this baby six months pregnant and still going and doing music videos and getting the pilates every morning, Like this is the strongest woman I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 1: Double and heyse the class.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I tell her all the time. She's eating for two, I'm drinking for three.
Speaker 1: Baby, You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Are you going to be that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, we had to move everything in June. We had to cancel a bunch of stuff and push it back so I could be home all of June. And we're buying a house currently around the Nashville area, so we can start, like, you know, building this little life and this family and this house. And we're really excited to see what life is bringing us. Man and and and do afore all that just by doing what we love. It's such a wonderful thing, man Like, it's in this truly the dream of life, you know, like to just sing songs and build a home and a family.
Speaker 8: And I don't know, I'm just I'm so lucky God has smiled on me.
Speaker 1: Oh my, we're lucky.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: We're lucky because we get to hear just I'll go one final question, who impresses you? Because I would feel like one hundred percent of every singer on this planet listens to you and go, oh my god, I wish I could do that. Yeh, who blows your socks off?
Speaker 9: Currently, right now, I think the best singer in the world is and I might be a little biased because he's my best friend and he's sing back up from me on my shows and I don't even know why he does this. This guy, Devin VELAs is the greatest singer on the planet. And also I don't know why he's even doing backup because he's my friend. I guess he wants to do me a favor. But this guy is the best singer in the world.
Speaker 4: D that'd be pretty awesome to travel the world with your best friend.
Speaker 8: Dude, Well, it sucks.
Speaker 9: There's one song that we do together on the set and then he gets done singing and I got to sing another hour and a half and I'm like, dude, how am I supposed to follow that? Like, he's absolutely the most incredible human being, like the best guy ever too, love I love me some Devin VELAs.
Speaker 5: Teddy swims that I've tried everything but therapy tour. It's coming out your Adelaide Entertainment Center October twenty seven. By then you will be a brand new dad. All the best for the birth. Thank you so much for your time today.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: He's one of Australia's most talented DJs, sure to fame in twenty twenty three with his absolute banger, and since then, the man who Loves the bucket Hand has a mass well over one billion streams of his music. Playing Nova's Red Room where you can see him live. Please welcome Cyril.
Speaker 1: Hello, Good good morning, Cyril, good morning.
Speaker 5: How are Oh We're so good welcome to Jody and Hazy and also welcome to Nova's Red Room.
Speaker 11: If you don't mind so excited, man, you have a cheat.
Speaker 1: Your progression right at the moment is actually really fascinating to watch. Is this some sort of bucket list as well that you want to tick off? I mean, you've got some big things on the horizon, but I feel like Novah's Red Room is pretty cool because we only go for the best artists top Shell.
Speaker 11: That's a dream come true, like do soft to radio and you know, do stuff around Australia. It's just absolutely phenomenal. Like you know, I never take anything for granted. I'm being able to over Red Room. It was just absolutely huge.
Speaker 5: When you hear figures like okay, so stumbling in five hundred and ten million streams, sound of Silence, three hundred and ninety eight million streams, what is it?
Speaker 1: Toys evolving before hundred and one by the end of.
Speaker 5: This interview, probably those figures due to a young kid from the country.
Speaker 11: Basically, I know, I'm just looking like hell yeah, but I'll just keep going on with the day and just try to make more bangers, get more big kids.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really fascinating as well, is that we keep on hearing from other people about you, how that you are a laid back kid from the country who likes to wear a bucket hat, who spins incredible tunes like you're very, very grounded. Can you please keep that.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, mate, I don't want to change the thing like, I don't worry about that.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 5: One of the most grounded things we saw on your Instagram was you going home to dar when I presume is that where your mum livesh.
Speaker 11: No out in your other child wager, but we all met in you along. I was surprised my dad and the only person knew was mum because she lives in Walha. So I was like, Mum coming home. You can't kill anyone. So I went home and yeah, I was on the phone to dad and it was me and my son and my missus and my dad never met my son or missus. So we drove out. It took like three and a half days of like eighteen hours a day of travel trying to get from Darwin to you oblong and yeah, I'm on the phone to Dad. I'm like, hey, you on and whatever, and then and then I've rocked up a dad's place and I walked through the door and I'm like, oh, I've got to go, and then he's like, yeah, I think someone's here anyways. I'm like, yeah, it's me. Yeah, absolutely, Well I don't think he said hell.
Speaker 1: But you know, we've got a bit of a clip from your Instagram account. I tottle shit, do you know what? I just get the film that your mum she would be very good on Christmas Day?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, mate, is that is you presenting your mom with a brand new Mazda, which was so incredibly sweet. Was that really nice for you to be able to give back to your parents.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Mum's always drove a bomb. She's never had money and stuff. She had this crappy old forward facon. Nothing was forward with this and yeah, I didn't have a power steering and just like it just had squeeze and stuff like, I've got to get mama's car. So I got home and I got my sister and mistress to come over with me, and yeah, we just picked up the car. I got home and then yeah, Mom had no idea and she texted me every couple of days. I told my friend that you got in your car and I've got this feature and I got sun Rise. I'm thinking here about the bloody car.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I just want to ask you.
Speaker 5: I've seen a clip of Dom Dolla who performed at Live Golf here in Adelaide, and he requested a giant golf ball to do his DJ set from. Is there something you've got mine, like a giant bucket hat or something that you'd like to perform from?
Speaker 11: If I'm surprised you didn't do a big bucket out to be honest with you, but no, yeah, absolutely if I was, If I was at golf and I was on Don Dollar's level, I would definitely have a big bucket out.
Speaker 5: Well, Cyril, we cannot wait to meet you when you come to Adelaide for Nova's Red Room.
Speaker 4: It's going to be huge at Gluttony.
Speaker 5: We will be there front row and center on the night, just hands in the airy.
Speaker 1: Fridays watch. I mean, no one loves Friday more than you and meet on top of that as well, Cyril's going to be here for Nova's Red Room and then chucking Ryan Fitzgerald and this is me much? Yeah, it's too much.
Speaker 3: Have you just shut yourself for what's going on there?
Speaker 1: No comment no comment.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Oh, good morning. I'm coming in quicker than gout gout today. Actually we spoke to the other day. We spoke to Bruce mcavany. There's a special on Channel seven this Saturday night. Did you see that spotlight on gout gout the same trajectory as you saying Bolt. This young man is just incredible. And what about the name confusion?
Speaker 1: It was gout gout and then his family came and said it'squaquat and he's like, no, no, no, no, no, no, let's go back to gaggout.
Speaker 10: Well, but see Bruce called him gout gout and I didn't question. You can't question because if there's anyone that gets the pronunciation of names the best, it's Bruce mcavany, isn't it.
Speaker 3: He never gets anything wrong.
Speaker 1: If Bruce came up to me and he was like, your name from now on is not, I'd be like, yes, my name's not. Thank you very much forr us.
Speaker 4: You need to trying to make that stick for ages.
Speaker 3: Mizzy.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you about this video that has landed in my inbox of you being told live on air that you've forgotten your anniversary talk to me.
Speaker 3: It was one of the worst.
Speaker 10: It would have been around about I reckon twelve thirteen years ago, and Whipper on air just brought everything down, music down and said have you forgotten something? And I was like, what are you talking about? And he kept going and going, and I realized it was March sixteen, and on March fifteen is my wedding anniversary. And I completely and BJ was on the line and it was, oh my gosh, when you.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a horrible feeling because I think she was a bit pissed.
Speaker 4: Just stand by, call a good little snippet. Here, have a listener.
Speaker 1: This tell me about today?
Speaker 3: What about today?
Speaker 8: Tell me about it?
Speaker 3: Well, my parents are coming over today.
Speaker 1: Is that the significant thing? Yeah, that's it. It's your wedding anniversary, idiot.
Speaker 4: It's engraved on the inside of your wedding ring that you've got on your finger.
Speaker 3: I'm still with her. Those guys we don't love each other, but we're still together.
Speaker 5: Here's one of these situations where you're.
Speaker 4: Hang it in there till the kids leave, till the kids have finished you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't sign a prenup, so I have to stay with her for her, for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So no, it is.
Speaker 3: It's it's very interesting because I felt so bad.
Speaker 1: But did you did you leave?
Speaker 10: Did you leave the tap running jades and over? And did you flood the bathroom?
Speaker 5: So I don't know, I don't know if it's an age thing, but I'm just getting to the point where I forget everything, everything, absolutely everything, And so I ran. My daughter wasn't very well the other night, so I was like, do you feel like a bath? And she said, yes, please, mummy, And so I went in and I ran the bath and then proceeded to go.
Speaker 4: And make a pasta bake.
Speaker 5: And I'm not even joking that pasta bake was in the oven for forty minutes, and.
Speaker 1: Then she went on an overseas trip.
Speaker 4: At the forty minute mark, I went on, not ran in. It had flooded not only the bathroom but all of the carpet. You know, So what do you do?
Speaker 3: Then you've got to get some big fans in Jade's just to dry it out.
Speaker 5: I rang a fairly reputable company who should be able to alleviate the problem, because that is what all the advertising says. They're like, no, we can't help you without you just have to get some new carpet. Oh man, and it's stunk.
Speaker 4: It's stunk.
Speaker 10: Fitzy, oh a horrible and Hazy. You forgot to get a kick out in the footy field quite a bit in every.
Speaker 1: Single time I go home and then I go to the having on Saturday nights and we're sitting I'll be like, what am I not to do to that? That's right, I forgot to get a start before we let you go Crows against Essenon? Are you in? Look?
Speaker 10: The only thing I'm worried about here is that we've got a shocking record at the MCG and it's one of our very few games at the MCG.
Speaker 3: But I am confident, Hazy.
Speaker 10: I was there last week and it was unbelievable to watch that the confidence these boys have now, So I am confident that we will get up on the weekend. It'll be a close game, but the Crows will beat the Bombs go.
Speaker 5: It's a nice little grab to play back Monday. If they get belt, we'll.
Speaker 3: Be getting me back on the front.
Speaker 1: But for Surety, thanks so much for be time mate. Looking forward to catching up next week.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys,