Speaker 1: Ad a Lady ad a Lady and a Lady ad Lady unfiltered.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, welcome to add Lady Unfiltered. I am Haley and I am Lauren, and we are besties. We're business partners where the creators of ad Lady. Hello, I say, halo'sy media and we do everything together except bang bang and look at us today. We are profresh meals. Do you know what? I was just thing?
Speaker 1: So we've got these brand new mic socks. But they kind of smell a bit funny thoughts. I thought it was my.
Speaker 2: Breast, but probably is your breath. But they smell cheap and they were really expensive. Can I just say, these little mic socks, these are the things that go on our mics. I would have thought that you could get them on machine or team move for like twelve cents. These were like four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Like what the hell?
Speaker 2: Who proved that few hundred dollars? What a waste of money? No wonder we're going under.
Speaker 1: So this is our final podcast because we've spent our life saving the mic socks to be great backstory, we have wasted a bit of money in our time with our business, haven't we remember that time we spent flat four thousand dollars on giant signage to put into fringe, and we found out that we weren't allowed to put our signs in fringe and they were too big to go anywhere. And I feel like quite a lot of the mistakes and me not like looking at the fine print, and we go always Pierson, I've ordered these giant signs to go here. Or when we made our first one hundred dollars sale and then we went to Harbortown and mimcom and spent four hundred dollars on shoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what did we decided to go into business? No, but we do have a general manager now, by the way, which also makes us legit, and she keeps us on track.
Speaker 1: Oh. I hate it when she's like, what's this expense in hair and makeup? I'm like, look, you go through our financials with a fine tooth comb, but not that fine, because.
Speaker 2: You know what sucks. You would think, because we're in the t the industry of TV, right that we could claim things like mic socks, clothes, makeup and stuff. Turns out, if you want to claim clothes, you have to put your logo on the clothes.
Speaker 1: That's why I've got a parnivle on this top right now.
Speaker 2: So gross.
Speaker 1: Have you actually seen those things on Instagram? They're very funny, like me telling the tax man that I needed this tennis bracelet to work. She's like, got the tennis bracelet with a ruler drawing, go, oh my goodness, with my tennis bracelet. That's kind of what we need to do. So you put your designer bags on the table and it's like you're typing and musing. We've got to be better at like, you know, like the silly influencers they put their bags in shots.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been ordered?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Have you? Yeah? I was ordered? How hairy is that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I also know you were the like cleanest you or your husband your squeaky clean.
Speaker 2: No, my husband's squeaky clean. I'm I'm the dodgy one.
Speaker 1: I've made you more dodgy.
Speaker 2: In fact, yesterday I was delivering art to someone that had bought one of my paintings and they were so beautiful. He's a cop, but I didn't know that, and I was telling him about how you should be my eye as an expense. It's a policeman. I'm like I mean, you know you do.
Speaker 1: You you forgot you were talking to You're also like drinking a bowl of champagne with a stroke. Well, I'm just gonna drive home now.
Speaker 2: Say that's a joke.
Speaker 1: By the way, that was a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, But what of some people, you know, we have some negative nancies and are going why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Like when I sit at a table with a glass of wine in front of me pregnant. Yeah, I'm not drinking the wine.
Speaker 2: We're not actually drinking on the show.
Speaker 1: It's actually funny. We don't drink on the shoulder because what people don't realize is some days, our filming days are twelve hours.
Speaker 2: So if I'm.
Speaker 1: Drinking at nine am, can you imagine filming at nine pm.
Speaker 2: But also we're also working. It's work. Drink while you're working.
Speaker 1: Except for that one time in the Riverland we were doing a gin flight. This is when we first and I was like shotting and then putting it back straight away, so it was touching my lips but not going into my mouth, and you, the non drinker of the two, was like, whoa.
Speaker 2: I was necking it and then all of a sudden I got so pissed you remember, I was, but so pissed that I was laughing so much that I had my makeup running down my face and our producer High Adam got really angry at me wasting time.
Speaker 1: You're like, I need to go put my makeup on, and You're like, how are you so sober? Because I didn't drink it?
Speaker 2: I thought you were drinking it. I didn't. I was a rookie.
Speaker 1: We've learnt since those days.
Speaker 2: Anyway, shopping list of the show today, my friends, uh.
Speaker 1: So member of the Week, and then I'm going to talk about Nona Maxing non Maxing.
Speaker 2: You such a Nona already. I was thinking about that before. You were sitting at the chair and you were in this skirt that's kind of like halfway through carbs, and your legs were so fast spread. I was like, it looks like you're a nonna, like peeling potatoes.
Speaker 1: I know, because my belly now it's okay, this like I'm over, like I've literally got four weeks to go.
Speaker 2: I have four weeks and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, nothing's kind of fitting, nothing's working, and I'm sitting there like a non full leg spread so my belly can really hangling over tangling.
Speaker 2: You have to lift it up to see if any So we're going to get to that. And then also I want to talk about Michael Jackson. I saw Michael the movie on the weekend, and yeah, I'm going to deep dive into that because that was un believable.
Speaker 1: One of us is a giant Michael fan. Oh no, no, convince me, like, convince me, tell me about it and stuff like I'll listen.
Speaker 2: But you don't like Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: I'm just not really a massive fan. You and Burjo are massive fans, like real to the core. Like I hop into Burjo's car and he's listening to I know.
Speaker 2: But why Burjo and I are not together? It's really weird. I'll be with Jimmy.
Speaker 1: It's fine, all right.
Speaker 2: We've tickets. Feel those rumors the yes.
Speaker 1: So Sophia, my little girl, has just turned five. It's really exciting. And she's starting her school visits. So she's starting reception mid year in July, and I had to take her to her first school visit and you went around you were yet setting away.
Speaker 2: I was in Melbourne at the block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were off filming and then Burgo, Sophie's dad he was also working.
Speaker 2: Weird if I was there and Burgo wasn't there, Well.
Speaker 1: I just one of you should be there, so you're by yourself. He can't get time off. You know, we're very flexible. We were at Flexi hours.
Speaker 2: We're flying fly out boat.
Speaker 1: So I was like so strong, and I drove her there and I walked her in. I took her into the classroom and she was just she was holding my hands so tight, her little hand in my hand, and we were like watching all the school kids play and I was like, that's going to be you and we're going to get you a uniform and it's so exciting. And she was just like kind of like a deer in headlights, like watching everyone. And then we went into the classroom and she found a friend, so randomly, a little girl who she went to childcare with was there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's like sunny.
Speaker 1: I know that girl. I was like, oh my gosh, this is great. So they just kind of ran off and started playing with puppets and dolls and babies and everything.
Speaker 2: Sophia love you need is one friend.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, I guess I'm gonna go. Don't cry, I'm leaving she's nowhere insight.
Speaker 2: She wasn't She's gone.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, mum's going.
Speaker 2: I love you, Sophia.
Speaker 1: Sure I walk out. I'm standing there at the glass like there was another mom, and I like, I'm just standing there watching her interact and she's laughing and playing, and I just started to like, you know, I'm already emotional at the moment, you know me. I'm like, I'm here with emotions. And I started feeling like I was about to embarrass myself. So like I walked out the front and I placed my head inside a hedge and I just started bowling, like in a bush. Yeah, like a bush so no one could see me. I was like, I'm invisible, like.
Speaker 2: Homer Simpson because they stand out at all, the woman in the bush, the woman in the bush.
Speaker 1: And I just because I didn't want anyone to see me, like yeah, doing that cry because I just felt so overwhelmed and like everything kind of flooded back. Did you have that? Like it was like she was a baby and I was holding her and I was feeding her and she couldn't talk, and then suddenly she's like, by Mom, love you, and all this emotion just rushed me.
Speaker 2: One of those first big milestones. Yes, yeah, and then you get the last day. The next big one is the last day of primary school. That is gut ranching, when they graduate and they say goodbye to all their primary school friends. It's so hard. Then first day of high school, and then the next one will be final day of year twelve. Like I'm not even that's far from me, but I'm I won't cope, but you won't cope. It's these little.
Speaker 1: Life moments just like they're just going away. So clearly she still needs me to like eat and stuff. Like I'm like, I'm not completely still She's fine, yeah, but she can like get herself dressed and do all those things. But it's just like that first little bit and this mom because I'm like, I'm clearly invisible because I'm in a bush wearing my bright outfit.
Speaker 2: She's like, you're okay.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm just on the phone. I'm just you know, calling my friend talk about actually I recorded a video. I was gonna have said it to you, but then I was like, it's actually too embarrassing to send, so I never said it showed me.
Speaker 2: Was it embarrassing? I look like a psychopath. Did you feel yourself crying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just so I can send it to you, because you know how we go through life moments, we send each other like.
Speaker 2: It to me, because play it.
Speaker 1: I just dropped Sophia to her first orientation date for Perception. She's fine, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: She's five next week, nose. They made you your mom.
Speaker 1: I went into the full life story. It's like a minute and now she's going up.
Speaker 2: Oh why is this so hard? Because she's so fine and happy living her best lot.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to creep and watch her through the window. Shit. Anyway, I was gonna say to you, and then I was like, oh, I look like a psycho. But the one thing I actually just realized from that video is I should probably get some botox at some point because my eyes really.
Speaker 2: Moved so cute your little set when you cry, you pat your face, yes, and your eyebrows go full up, full up.
Speaker 1: And then all my lines were just.
Speaker 2: It is it's sad. But then you've done that now, yeah, yeah, you've got through that day. How was she?
Speaker 1: She came out and I was like, Sophia, how was it? She was mum?
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh that is the and that was it, and then we called her dad and we sat in the car and we drove home and she was telling us both so we're both part of it everything. I mean, both parents can't be physically at everything, you know how much you try, like you and Jimmy do such a great job, but you do actually have to split up, yeah, with one kid to go somewhere, and you try and do everything and you just can't sometimes. So he was really sad he missed that, but he could.
Speaker 2: Be there next time. Yeah, Also can I say I would? And he's in radio, and I know it's hard to say you need to have that time off, but I think the first day of school is something that nobody should miss. And I know this was non orientation, so it's not like official first day, no no, so, but I remember I was in Brecky Radio when Austin had his very first day of school and when I signed up before like he was four or three, and I said, just letting you know, I know it's ages away, but I need to have that day off. I'm not missing that day and they let me, and they let me have the day off. So I think it's something that's like just say to your workplace, I'm sorry, I'm not coming to work that morning or I'm starting later or whatever. Don't miss it just because of work.
Speaker 1: No, I regret that, because jobs come go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's so special, like you'll always remember holding their little hand in your hand and feeling that little like sweaty palm in your hand because they're nervous and then they let go.
Speaker 1: Oh so you know that I'm missing Sophia's thirst day.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're gonna make it happen. We'll make it happen. You can. I'll be in the hospital.
Speaker 1: I'm literally going to be having a bailey you out.
Speaker 2: You can't miss her first.
Speaker 1: Imagine imagine me embarrassing Sophia with the hospital game where your bums outs just dragging on the ground, literally just dragging a baby in a placenta.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, by Tavia, at least you've done the orientation, like that's you've experienced that, you know what it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, imagine a mum missing the first day of school.
Speaker 2: But also, this is your first child. You've got another one. You don't have to go through this for another five years. How weird is that you've got another baby.
Speaker 1: That is a big gap.
Speaker 2: What is It's great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hope I haven't forgotten what to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's your member of the week that you're going for full emotions. Yep, I know. I talk a lot about death on this show.
Speaker 1: All right, Morbid Pearson.
Speaker 2: Last week it was Tuesday, the twenty sixth of May. So a couple of weeks ago, I was one hundred percent sure that I was that I had a varying cancer. That's I don't I'm just gonna put it out there. I don't have it, but I was so sure I got to work. I said to you, Lauren, I'm gonna tell you something. I think something's happening, because it's not right. I've got all these problems with my tummy. I've had colon oskby, I've had other tests. Everything's clear, there's something going on. And I put it into chat GPT, and chat GPT said, oh, it's probably not, but these are the symptoms for a varian cancer. So and I'll tell you why my brain went here, because years ago I had a psychic say to me, something will happen in twenty twenty six, some big thing. I can't remember if it was good or bad. I just remember twenty twenty six, and this is like twenty years ago, and it's twenty twenty six now, right, So I guess I'm waiting for something to happen. And then I spoke to John Edward last year, the famous John Edward, who said I'm going to read you and he looked at me and he said, oh, twenty twenty six, there's big, big changes. And he saw my face drop and he said, don't worry. It's an adventure. You'll get through it. And so I've also gone, okay, so this is the year that's something bad.
Speaker 1: It's going to know that. He said that, Yeah, on the phone, radio.
Speaker 2: I was on the phone or I was in person. I can't remember. Yeah, radio with Virgo, Oh my god. Yeah. So that's kind of been in the back of my mind, right, And I always have these weird things when someone it sticks twenty twenty six, it's the twenty sixth of May. This is going to happen. This is the time that I'm going to find out something awful. Anyway, I got to work and you said to me, don't wait, don't have your appointment next week. All now, and make it happen now, because you always put yourself last. Right. If that was my husband, i'd be like, book it.
Speaker 1: Now, or if it's your kids, book it now straight away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But when it's you, you can't just like push push it away and also think maybe it's better. I don't know. I don't know. I can't deal with other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, emotionally I'm up to here. I've got nothing else I can take.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and ignorance is bliss. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Did you like how ps I was positive because you've told me I'm negative and I'm the worst person to tell anything in a crisis. Did you like how I've changed.
Speaker 2: You weren't positive? You you were negative, and that you need to get changed because you are dying. That's how I took that.
Speaker 1: No, I literally in my brain, I was like, well, you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: And I thought I told you.
Speaker 1: I thought I was positive.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought, yeah, I don't I can't remember. It was all a hayes, But thank you for pushing me, and I did. I called. I called them straight away. I got in had the scan, and you know, when you have a scan, you're like, they're not supposed to say anything. You can't see the computer you look. You don't even know what f you're seeing anyway, because it all looks white black. And I was really lovely to her, hoping that like I'll be her friend and she'll tell me something, she'll break it cold for me. And then she did the internal like full like put the condom on the thing, and the oh, it's just so so if I could feel down there, I'd feel there out of sympathy.
Speaker 1: But I don't even know where it is anymore. You don't have one any where is my vagina? Know, I'll tell you about three to six months.
Speaker 2: It comes back. So they did the internal and then she actually did say to me, oh, no, everything looks perfect, like I don't see anything here.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank you so much, like that whole weight just lifted off my shoulders and then I drove home happy, going I don't have that, but in my head, you know how, you you know how? I don't know if your brain plays tricks on you. You actually google something and then you believe that you have what.
Speaker 1: This is why we need to stop googling stuff. And also psychics aren't supposed to tell you bad stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, and they didn't say it was bad. They just said twenty twenty six something big. And so I've always thought, is it, Mum and Dad? Is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: So you might win the lottery?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But then then I spoke to my other friend about her, and she's like, no, that makes sense. Last year when I spoke to John Edward, I was still in radio and I was earning more money because I had another job, and she goes, that was the thing. It's an adventure. It did change. You did lose your job, and twenty twenty six is a different year for you. So maybe that's what it was. Oh, thank god, you lost your job.
Speaker 1: Best year of my life, best year of my life. I pretended to be sad for you, but I was really happy.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I was happy too. It was the best thing.
Speaker 1: I called Jimmy and I well, I was so sorry as we like pop bottles of RVE.
Speaker 2: You made it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told them all this bad stuff you've been doing, stiphening money and shit.
Speaker 2: Nah it was. It was actually the best thing that ever happened. I love my life now. God anyway, So there are mems of the week we've been talking for so long. Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: God, Sorry, We've got to get.
Speaker 2: To Nana's and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: All right, gonna all right, Nona Maxine, have you heard of it? No, I'm pretty sure your bestie Chrissy Swan is doing it.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: It is non A Maxine.
Speaker 2: She's not Italian.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be Italian to do it. It's basically it's the internet's new obsession, where like people like you and I are going stuff it. I just want to be like a Nona because Nona's are happy. They're so happy. They just they make their own food, they make their own bread, they make their own pasta, they put on their little floral aprons, and there's life. And I just like, I was reading all this stuff on Instagram about it, and I went, oh, my gosh, this is what I meant to be a Nona.
Speaker 2: Nonas are happy and they happy. They're a little bit chubby as well, and they're happy with that. They feed you.
Speaker 1: And guess what, Nona never counts a calorie. She lives by this, Like do you reckon Nona's going to extra protein yogurt or protein bars or like any of this crap. No, because she's making everything from scratch.
Speaker 2: She eats pasta, she makes the bechamel sauce from scratch.
Speaker 1: Yes, but like even like the European diet itself is naturally healthy. She's not eating anything processed, anything fake. She's eating her sardines and her eggs and her pasta. All of our gut issues that we have I think comes from all the crap wheat, even the bread like bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but surely non in Italy wouldn't have irritable bow syndrome. But Nona here, the past is different and you do feel full and bloated.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I remember my Nona in her house, her spare room was the pastor room, and she.
Speaker 2: Had really are Italian.
Speaker 1: You think I'm lying, look at it.
Speaker 2: She had a bedroom full of pasta. Yeah, it was tell me about TheRoom you would have loved.
Speaker 1: So it was on bulletin road. Go into her bare room and this is where she'd keep all the treats, the panatonies, the boxes of roses, the chocolates in case someone come over, roses. And she'd had this whole dining room table where every day she would be able to pick her past because she'd made the feta chini, the penne, and it was all lined up, so this table was covered in plastic like a lot of love her and then it was all lined up the raviolis and non Nat used to make something different. She used to put dark chocolate in ravioli and then make like a dessert.
Speaker 2: She just popped up on my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Not many people do it. She'd make like a cream hazel nut sauce on dark chocolate pasta, probably a creamy hazelnut sauce, so it's like a dessert pasta. Like I'm not saying it's weight watches.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've seen I've seen them put like dark chocolate in a bolin a sauce. Really. Yeah, that's just popped up on my Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 2: Why is there a foul bug in your house?
Speaker 1: Because I haven't keeps like bite, Well, the bug wasn't here before you got I'm just saying it followed jets.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know what Lauren's doing with their hands right now anyway, So nonomaxing, I just feel like you and I could be better at doing this. But then I was also thinking, I'm sorry, we don't have time to run a business, be a mom, to be a partner, be a daughter, make pasta, make pasta. How did they do it all?
Speaker 2: Because it didn't work?
Speaker 1: That was simple, Yeah, it was true.
Speaker 2: That's that's what they did. Their work was to provide food for the family. And I love that about Italians and Greeks is that food is something that brings family together. It brings so much happiness. And so it makes me sad when I hear that Italians are on diets or trying to do the weight loss stuff, because I'm like, but you're taking away the one thing that you love.
Speaker 1: And the whole thing I guess with nonomaxing is you shouldn't have to if you're eating the right food. My nona was never big and she ate pasta, probably for luncheon in her whole life. So I hate that, like our culture has now gone down this line of no carbs, which also cuts out fiber and all these good things. For us. It's if you're eating really good quality, eat the rainbow type stuff, yeah, you shouldn't be cutting this stuff out.
Speaker 2: So but nonomaxing is not just about food, is it. No, It's also about like just enjoying the simple pleasures like going for walks, knitting, putting your phone away, things like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not nonomaxing now. It's a viral anti hustle lifestyle trend inspired by Italian grandmothers. It rejects hyper optimized, screen heavy and productivity obsessed culture in favor of slow cooking, from scratch, just hanging out. I love slows your brain in. My brain is so amped, that's why I paint. I don't think we could be nonomaxing. I reckon painting could be like.
Speaker 2: A painting is. I did it yesterday and it was raining outside. I had a coffee and I can't tell you how happy I was. Yeah, my phone's only there. If I want to film some of my painting, I don't look at it. It's on silent and I just in my world of painting. It's I guess that's why people knit. It's using it the creative side of your brain to really just switch off. So any time my brain is quiet.
Speaker 1: And I think these days a lot of those hobbies are coming back, aren't they. Painting, knitting, tapestry, baking from scratch. Like I was with two of my best friends on the weekend and they're both making their own butter, and I was like, what, Yeah, apparently just churn cream.
Speaker 2: They make their own butter. I make love this so one of the girls that I work this is a sidebar. There's so many preservatives in food that she was saying that she grates her own cheese with a Therma mix, because if you buy grated cheese, it has so many more preservatives and just a normal block of cheese.
Speaker 1: If you actually look at the back, of course, go look at a block of cheese, and then you go look at the grated cheese, there's a lot more stuff in it. Friend as well, she's bought a Thermo mix. She's like obsessed. She's like, I never thought I'd be one of those people. But anyways, on the weekend, I had my Thermo mix out. I was like churning my own butter, and then I grated my own cheese, and then I was making my own pizza dough. I'm like, I just want to be that, but I don't know whether my brain can get there.
Speaker 2: I think if you learned it and you and you practiced it, then you would actually do it and you'd be obsessed with it. It's already we buy things because it's a fad and then it sits in our carbon and we don't use it right. Yes, but you need to actually use it and then you'll be obsessed with it. And also I feel like now with all this knowledge that we're having about eating and like bow cancer is such a big thing now for our age. And they're saying we grew up nineties kids grew up with so much plastic. Like I remember putting it pasta in the microwave after like leftovers, covering it with blad rap and it would melt into the pasta. I would lift it up and I would eat it. Whereas we know now what the foods that we should be eating and less processed food, and like going back to basics and making things scratch rather than make buying like jars of it is so much better for your gup.
Speaker 1: So in turn, are you and I both going to become honors?
Speaker 2: I would love to be an honor. I can't wait for the moment of being a honor and being like a chubby nonna too, Like I feel like nobody likes a skinny grandma. No, I wouldn't trust their food never. I need to get to a point where I'm okay just to just to start letting myself go.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm there, I would say two years ago. Oh yeah, let me think of the point.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, if we all did it, nobody would be like, we'd all be chubbing and it would be okay. So why don't we all make a pact that at forty five? That's me next year, I'm still going to hit my prime.
Speaker 1: You still want to look like the Nanny and nothing? Mom, I get it, I get it, I love it.
Speaker 2: Not I'm acting well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Done, all right, call me on and from here on in, when I buy loud cattle and I make my own buttery, you can come visit me.
Speaker 2: Is that why there's a cow in the front yard?
Speaker 1: Gary, it's Bessy, Bessie and Glenelk.
Speaker 2: All right. I've got a lot of emotion building up inside of me right now because I saw a movie on the weekend and I left just like wanting to tell the world about it, the Michael Jackson movie. Don't you roll your eyes at me?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was just checking my eyes, checking my brain.
Speaker 2: Oh it makes me so sad. And how can you not love Michael Jackson? I don't know. He is the greatest performer that ever lived and will ever live. I believe lyrically, performatively, musically, he is. He was a genius.
Speaker 1: Did you say ever lived or is he still alive? We've seen that conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he died.
Speaker 1: He was on a bus in Brazil.
Speaker 2: No, let's stop with the conspiracy theorist. Okay, he wasn't on a bus in Brazil. That was just a man that looked like Michael accent, a little bit too much plastic surgery. Okay, this is what I want to talk about. You didn't know me in my era of loving Michael Jackson. It was my era of I guess your formative years when you're growing up and music is everything, and you hear those songs now and it takes you back to how you felt when you were fifteen, sixteen, seventeen listening to that music because and quite often you didn't talk about it to anyone. You know, Mom and dad might not have even known that I loved him so much. His History album was everything to me. I went and saw him live at Adelaide Oval and it was did you yes? Yes, I was one of those girls that was screaming, like you see those videos of women watching the Beatles. It was amazing. And I saw him afterwards getting in his limo. I would have been fifteen meters away from him. He waved to everybody and then got in his limo and drove off. It was incredible. So I was in an era of I loved him so much and his music and the words to his songs. You know, you hear music now and you just sing. You don't even care about this, You don't even know what you're singing about. He sung these words were a story and they meant something right, and they would make me feel good. I know your partner, Bergo, we also share a love for Michael Jackson, so he gets it. If you love him, you get it. And then when the rumor started about him being a pedophile molesting two boys, which has never been net who was never convicted. It was all the charges were dropped and you can have your own opinion on whatever happens because nothing was ever proven, whether or not you think he's a monster or not. When that happened, I did watch those docos same and I and I stopped listening to his music and I couldn't listen to it, and a lot of radio stations stopped playing it for a while as well, even though nothing was confirmed. And the last couple of years, my kids have started loving Michael Jackson and listening to it. So I'm back on board of listening to his music. And I think there was a part there where I was like, I'm just gonna is it compartmentalizing, where I was like, I'm just going to put aside any other thoughts I might have about him in his personal life and appreciate him as an artist. So seeing this movie Lauren made me remember why I loved him so much, and it's so sad. I feel like, this is obviously my opinion on things, right, because you can everyone's entitled to their own opinion. People say that he was a monster, his dad was a monster. I this is my opinion. I believe that seeing this movie, he was abused physically by his dad, like bashed up by his dad, hit by his dad, mentally abused by his dad. He had no childhood, He had no friends. He had to work, didn't he He had to work from day one, Like he would get home from a concert. His dad just wanted money because they were a poor family, and he would get home and his dad would beat him if he didn't perform properly, and growing up. It's so sad that I see the way I always believe people are the way they are because of what happened to them in the past. Everyone's got a story, Everyone has a story. And you see this child grow into a man having never had a childhood and wanting these things. And I know, from the outside it looks weird. It looks weird that he had a little monkey, bubbles, he had a giraffe, he had a lama. He had all these animals that he would talk to because they were his friends. Right. He was obsessed with Peter Pan. And there's a moment that I never knew. There's a moment in the movie where he's reading Peter Pan for the millionth time and Peter Pan, you see Peter Pan's nose, it goes like up like a little Michael Jackson knows. And that was the point that I think everyone in the audience was like, ah, he actually wanted to be Peter Pan. Yeah, And so I felt really sad, like you feel really sad watching it because he's so talented and so amazing, and he went through so much hardship to get where he was that the movie ends on a high, and it ends in a really beautiful moment where I think it was like nineteen eighty seven, he broke away from the Jacksons and he went out on his own, and this is like peak Michael Jackson. And I know this is controversial saying this, but people always have a go at how much he changed his face. But I think there was a point where I was like, you know how people say they've got the star factor, someone has a start, He had the star factor. I don't think he would have been as successful if he had remained who he was and what he looked like. He was so unique. Was no one else like.
Speaker 1: Him, and everyone spoke about him because of his looks, and he's changing looks and it kind of aided in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's so unique. The second part of the movie, which I think they're in the talks of making, that's where it's going to get darker and messier.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? All the rumors and I hate this, All the rumors came out when he died.
Speaker 2: No, they some of them came out, so some two of them came out when they were when he was alive, but all fourteen charges were dropped. So and then it came out again when he died, and then they've done the documentary. That documentary came out when he died.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he couldn't re butt and be like this is you know, this is he did, but he said I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't do this. And macaulay Culkin has never ever come out and said that anything had happened to him, And that was what the hit. The hearsay was saying, yeah, that it was mcaulay culkin and two other kids.
Speaker 1: With everything happening in the world right now, it's so hard to believe anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So never Land Ranch. There's two people. There's two sides of this, And having watched the movie, now I go, oh, that's why it was that you built this make believe world that you wanted the whole your whole life. You wanted to be like Pete Pan and go to Neverland and have like animals roaming and just all the dream kind of scenario because he never had a childhood. And then there's the other side that people are saying, no, you built this so you could be a predator, which if that's not true, like I the more I'm researching it. I don't think it's true. I actually believe he is a tortured soul who never had a childhood and that's why he did what he did. I'm not saying. I'm sure there was moments with Michael where there were kids in his room, and that is wrong. That stuff. It's also very wrong with the moms and dads to let their kids, you know, eleven year olds go and stay at a man's house. That is very weird. But I don't know was this movie was so amazing? You have to see it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you've got me. I do want to see it.
Speaker 2: You love singing, and you you're someone who that moment that you get on stage and you sing is like.
Speaker 1: I know, but this is the thing because all I wanted to be was a singer, and I sang, and I did music and I taught singing when I left school. When I see musicals and when I watch things like this, I get so unbelievably sad. I'm not there. All I wanted to do was be on stage.
Speaker 2: See I look at it as I get inspired, I look at it and go, fuck. I want an exciting life. I want to do exciting things and be different and stand out and own that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just makes me. I just I wish i'd kept up with my singing, do you know what I mean? I wish i'd You know how you've come back to painting, Yeah, and you can. You can paint, not paint for ten years, come back singing. Your vocal cords are a muscle. So I used to sing for say, twenty five hours a week. So you go to the gym for twenty five hours a week. How fit are you?
Speaker 2: So fit?
Speaker 1: And then suddenly you don't go to the gym for five years. So I used to have this massive range, don't have it anymore. So then you go try and do it and you can't do it, and then you get sad. Whereas you can always kind of like put the paintbrush down, pick it back up type thing. So I kind of get sad and down on myself that I let myself.
Speaker 2: But why don't you get to start again? I know it's a time thing, but like, could you start?
Speaker 1: I know that feeling, yes, that feeling of just doing what you love. It's literally like jumping out of like Harry Climb or you know, that exhilarating feeling failing is what that being a kid again, jumping off a platform and you swing through the trees or singing on the stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's like I think it's in people or it's not right, and I think you and I have this. It's the reason we do what we do. It's the bars and way I can't stop doing things because I'm always thinking of ways that I can have that feeling because it's addictive.
Speaker 1: And I still get it. The day I don't get it is the day I don't want to do this anymore. I still go to film and I have nervous butterflies when that camera turns on. I still have that, Like the day I go I don't care is the day we quit, the day we shut up.
Speaker 2: But it's the reason why we're doing this podcast too. Yes, I just.
Speaker 1: Did you ever know what's gonna come out about that?
Speaker 2: I needed it? This podcast is everything that I've everything that I've wanted. Yeah, So to wrap it up, this Michael Jackson movie is like I would love people to see it, whether or not. Whatever you think of him, you can't. You can't watch this movie and not think he is one. There is no one else like him.
Speaker 1: Okay, you me and Burget are gonna go to the movies together.
Speaker 2: What about Jimmy, my husband.
Speaker 1: Jimmy wouldn't like Michael Jackson?
Speaker 2: He does, does he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jimmy can come. I forgot about that guy.
Speaker 2: I would love to take you to it.
Speaker 1: Jimmy was gonna have all the kids, so he's gonna have I.
Speaker 2: Listened to I listened to Michael Jackson like this is a sign of ADHD. I can listen to the same song over and over again for about seven hours. So I listened to his album over and over again, NonStop in the car.
Speaker 1: And on the way here, you were listening to a Michael Jackson podcast. You and Berger are very similar. You hyper fix on things, so you watch the movie and then you'll spend like the next week learning everything there is to know about him, listening to everything.
Speaker 2: And it's so sad. And the turning point for him was when that Pepsi commercial, when his head burnt and his hair like his hair, he lost, he almost died. That was the turning point where he started to have medication. Before that, he wasn't on drugs or anything like that. This whole pain relief thing started because he burnt his head and almost died, and his freaking dad didn't give a fuck about him. And the first thing he said was when he can when can he perform again? Not like, oh, your son almost died. He was an asshole.
Speaker 1: You hear that a lot about performance, don't you. Yeah. Elvis, Yeah, Elvis was the same.
Speaker 2: But that's why Michael Jackson told Britney to is emancipate herself without the word from her parents, because he was the same she was the same same dad, controlling dad and jack fulkan.
Speaker 1: They see dollar signs, Yeah, it's yucky, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't have dads like that.
Speaker 1: No, although I have dads. Every time we do see them go so where is our commission going up? Dad's like going from zero to zero? It's not it's not funny. And then Wayne's like, eh, from zero to zero? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Day?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I love that our dad's always make an appearance in our podcast every week.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? How lucky are we? You watch this movie and you go, oh my god, well, yes, so lucky with the dads that we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they can also be scary. I remember that. Not like that though, not like that, Just to other people that piss us off. Oh yeah, so kill for us horse head in bit.
Speaker 2: On that note, have a lovely week. Thanks for listening, and please keep messaging us on Instagram. We just we love reading all your messages.
Speaker 1: I love all the comments and the reviews. And in Spotify you can see what people have written.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of five stars. More five stars.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of stars.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Love you, Love you.