Speaker 1: Late Welcome the Late Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storra and Caleb Bond coming up.
Speaker 2: A pro Palestinian activist tears down.
Speaker 3: Greek flags because she didn't know what the Israeli flag looked like. We'll show you that fiasco a little later. Plus, when we look at what's making news tomorrow, GWS footballers facing bans over their end of season antics, and while Australian politicians demonies Cole, global demand hits an all time high.
Speaker 2: We'll get to all of that.
Speaker 3: Soon, but first, most Australians would be completely oblivious to the fact there will be an election in Canberra this Saturday. Even fewer Australians Liz would know the name of the ACT.
Speaker 2: Liberal leader starts.
Speaker 3: All of that changed this afternoon. The ACT Liberal leader Elizabeth Lee, made national headlines, not for any policies, but for giving the middle finger to a Canbrick journalist. Elizabeth Lee got into a heated argument with one of those pesky journalists who demanded to know why, three days out from an election, the Liberals haven't yet costed their policies, and then as she walked away from the interaction, she forgot she was the liberal leader and momentarily found herself back. I don't know in year nine at a public school. Have a look at what happened.
Speaker 4: Late in the day for Andrew Bart You still have not submitted costings for his policies. No, you can't throw things at the opposition and expect to have no comeback when the fact is that this is a treasurer who's been in charge of the ACT Treasury who I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You finished. I just want you to answer are you finished?
Speaker 2: I answered the question, are you.
Speaker 1: Finished or not?
Speaker 4: I will answer the question in my own way, and you don't get to dictate how I answer the question.
Speaker 5: Thanks thought, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Now, later on, Elizabeth Lee, the ACT Conservative leader, issued this apology. She said, earlier, I engaged in poor behavior that was unprofessional, and I apologize. I respect the work that journalists do, including asking the tough questions, and I think I've demonstrated during this term that I'm willing to step up and answer tough questions. Well, yeah, she answered the questions, but you're probably not meant to flick journalists the bird, Caleb. I'm wondering, you know, Mark Latham is famous for losing that election because of the handshake. Will Elizabeth Lee go down as losing the election because of the rude finger?
Speaker 6: No, I think she'll go down as losing the election because she's the liberal leader in the act. You know, she doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning that one. Let's be perfectly on, it's been twenty three years, exactly exactly. But I mean, you know, I don't think her name is Elizabeth Lee. I think of this as it was Elizabeth leave your brain at the door, Like, seriously, how could you not know?
Speaker 1: You are there talking.
Speaker 6: To a group of journalists televised event. You're being filmed for the six pm seven pm.
Speaker 1: News that night. You know there are cameras.
Speaker 6: There, and you can't walk out of the room without turning around and giving the bloke the bird on the way out. And it looked like in that footage the journalist she was giving the finger to.
Speaker 1: She was doing it to his back. She's looking at his back as she does it. She could not help herself.
Speaker 6: I mean, these are the people who want to run this country, or at least parts of them.
Speaker 1: In the act.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a pretty small part of the country. I'd say inconsequential, but it's not, because, of course it's full of all the public servants that do actually run the country. But this is a woman who saying, let me run the territory. And she can't even get through a press conference without giving a journalist the bird. If you can't control your emotions to some degree.
Speaker 1: Perhaps you're in the wrong job.
Speaker 7: For heaven, such a disgusting display. Is it any wonder the Libs haven't held power in the Act since two thousand and one. If this is the quality of their leadership, lady.
Speaker 8: If that's how you perform under.
Speaker 7: Pressure, you are in no way, shape or form a leader, much less cut out for any role in politics. And I have to correct you, Mac, because you called her the conservative leader she's supposed to. I know plenty of people in the Canberra Liberals. I lived there for two years working for Senators ed Socelgia a long time ago now, and these guys bear their teeth when they see an actual conservative coming. And since Elizabeth Lee became the leader of the opposition, she has turfed more Liberals, sorry.
Speaker 8: Conservatives, out of the liberal parties.
Speaker 7: I've lost count most recently last month, Elizabeth Kicktt, a senior eight year Liberal in the Act Liberal Party member for Jarrett Ginnendera, suffered an absolute stitch up because it was very clear the powers that be wanted to get rid of her, and they use this dodgy CCTV footage a still frame from it which appears to show Elizabeth Kickittt shoving her phone in one of the staff member's face at Liberal HQ. Now, Kickett said, this footage has been edited. I was on the phone, I was taking a call and I was putting it to this guy's ear and he jerked back because he was like, I don't want to talk to them.
Speaker 8: So that was the context.
Speaker 7: Of it, and the Act Liberal Party turfed her over that. They put out a statement saying that Kickett had allegedly quote exposed the party to potential workplace claims end quote.
Speaker 8: If you've seen the tiny.
Speaker 7: Seconds of footage that I'm talking about, it's like two seconds long, you'll be able to recognize it. Doesn't take an ag expert to notice this is an absolute stitch up and.
Speaker 8: To speak to that.
Speaker 7: The ACT Liberals won't release the rest of the footage. Okay, so absolute stitch up? Why did she do this, Well, you can draw your own conclusions, but kick it was a real conservative. She was a strong conservative and trusts me having worked for senators ed.
Speaker 8: Soceelgia that party does not like conservatives.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The irony about the behavior of Elizabeth Lee in flicking the bird to a journalist that she says she's had history with is that just two days ago she was quoted in The Guardian accusing the Labor Party of playing student politics. Well, it doesn't get much for playground and giving the bird to people behind their back.
Speaker 6: I know, I've got to put you up on something as well. You said that's the sort of thing that would go on into public school. I mean, why only public school. I'm pretty sure that goes on in private school.
Speaker 2: Caleb, And there was a lot more in the public schools.
Speaker 6: Well, I've only been to a public school, so I can't speak for I didn't have all those advantages. I'm sorry, James, I can't speak for what goes on in the private schools. But I mean, for heaven's sake, these are the people supposedly charged with running the show. No wonder the joints going down the toilet. Speaking of a leader who doesn't deserve to be.
Speaker 1: Anywhere near power. Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: Now, Donald Trump held a town hall in Pennsylvania yesterday where, of course, you know, people get to come along and ask questions of the would be president, former president Donald Trump, and he gets to answer them. Now, at some point during this town hall, they started playing some music. I'll tell you why in a minute, but here's a little bit of the musical interlude that they enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Time to say goodbye.
Speaker 6: Presumably he means that for Harris, not for himself in that particular clip, but the Harris campaign got hold.
Speaker 1: Of it and said, look at this. It clearly means the bloke has lost the plot.
Speaker 6: Her campaign, which on Twitter is called Kamala HQ, tweeted Trump appears lost, confused, and frozen on stage as multiple songs play for thirty plus minutes and the crowd paws out of.
Speaker 1: The venue early.
Speaker 6: And then Caamala retweeted that and said, hope he's okay, clearly implying that there is something wrong with his mental faculties.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what actually happened.
Speaker 9: But then thirty minutes in, two attendees suffered medical emergencies.
Speaker 1: A doctor plus doctor.
Speaker 2: The incidents shifted the mood, prompting Trump.
Speaker 9: To cut the question short and instead play some of his favorite music.
Speaker 3: How about this, We'll play YMCA go on.
Speaker 9: Trump kept DJing, and most of his supporters stayed for another thirty minutes of his pleasures. Well, in certain quarters of social media, people had a field day with that, and I guess on the screens it might have looked quite strange inside that hall. However, people were having a good time.
Speaker 6: I mean, for Heaven's sake, How pathetic is that Harris and her campaign took advantage of two people having medical episodes in the crowd and Trump trying to keep the crowd happy in the midst of that, to suggest that he had something wrong with his mental faculties.
Speaker 1: Try better next time.
Speaker 6: But of course Trump hit back in the way that only Trump can twice see hit back. Actually, he posted on his platform truth social as to her her being Harris, her completely desperate request for my medical statements. She is dying to see my cholesterol which is one hundred and eighty. I have already provided the many times, including quite recent, and they were flawless.
Speaker 1: Of course they were flawless.
Speaker 6: However, I have just seen Kamala's report, and it is not good. According to her doctor's report, she suffers from.
Speaker 1: Yuri how do you call it?
Speaker 6: Uri? Ticaria and defined as a rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely, sometimes with dangerous swelling. She also has allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctive itis, a very messy and dangerous situation. These are deeply serious conditions that clearly impact her functioning. Maybe that is why she can't answer even the simplest of questions asked by sixty Minutes and others. What is all this about? I don't have these problems. I'm not surprised she has conjunctive artists. She'd be rubbing her eyes from all the crying she's doing every time she.
Speaker 1: Can't answer a question.
Speaker 6: Or perhaps she's been looking at the polling in the Swing States. He then had another go on X where he said, I believe it is very important that Kamala Harris passed test on cognitive stamina and agility. Her actions have led me.
Speaker 1: To believe that there could be something very.
Speaker 6: Wrong with her. Even sixty Minutes and CBS in order to protect Lion Carmala illegally and unscrupulously replaced an answer she'd given, which was totally bonkers, with another answer that had nothing to do with the question asked. Also, she is slow and lethargic in answering even the easiest of questions. We just went through almost four years of that. We shouldn't have to do it again. I mean, the heaven's sake, they took what was a serious thing, people having medical episodes in the crowd, and Trump's gone well out of respect, I probably shouldn't carry on with the event as I was going to in the meantime, Why don't we have a bit of fun while the medics attend to them?
Speaker 1: And then they've tried.
Speaker 6: To use that to say, oh, look there's something wrong with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Does it get any more pathetic?
Speaker 3: And isn't it interesting that the Harris side of politics are the ones that keep going on about misinformation and here they are peddling misinformation. But the other instructive thing while we're talking about misinformation is the way that it was cleared up without government help. The truth got out there credit to the ABC. In the United States, we don't often do that, but they managed to clear the episode up without.
Speaker 2: Laws to censor people.
Speaker 3: The other thing about this is that now that it's being cleared up and everybody knows that it was an absolute hatchet job, you would think, if they had any decency, the Harris campaign and Kamala Harris herself would remove that tweet from their feed. But I checked just before we came up on air it's still there. So they just don't care. And as you just said, absolutely shameless.
Speaker 7: This is just par for the course with this campaign. All they do is lie. All they do is one eighties. They're copying Trump's policies.
Speaker 10: They have nothing new except to lie and sheet.
Speaker 7: And that is what they're running with because they know there's no other way to win for them. I could argue that's what they did in twenty twenty, but I don't want to get into trouble. Harris is well on track to bring in the lowest share of black votes since JFK faced off against Nixon in nineteen sixty. This is very alarming for the Dems because normally black voters are one of their strongholds when it comes to voting proportions. Normally, the black community votes Democrat. Don't ask me why this is the party of the KKK, But they've managed to convince people that that wasn't even them. Most people on the streets of America. I've watched many vox pops who are asked, which do you think was the party of the KKK? They all say Republican. They really need a lot more education in that country. But what has she done three seconds to midnight the election, breathing down her neck to get back, specifically the black men vote of America.
Speaker 8: She's promised that she's going to make steps.
Speaker 7: Toward legalizing marijuana.
Speaker 8: This, of course, is.
Speaker 7: Absolutely hilarious because during her time as Attorney General in California, she locked up over nineteen hundred people for marijuana offenses. According to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations, eighteen one hundred and eighty three people.
Speaker 8: Were admitted to state prison on her watch.
Speaker 7: So this is fact, ladies and gentlemen, This is cold, hard fact. And here she is desperate for the black vote now promising I'm going to legalize it. Her campaign has come out and said Kamala Harris will legalize recreational marijuana, breaking down unjust barriers that hold black men and other Americans back and making sure black Americans have opportunities to succeed as the marketplace takes shape. You may remember that this was brought up way back in twenty twenty, a whole four years ago at the Democratic debate, when Tulsi Govered went after her on this very issue.
Speaker 8: She put over fifteen hundred people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana, you owe them an apology.
Speaker 7: And now she's tweeting, oh, no, one should go to jail for smoking weed.
Speaker 8: Well, well, well, how times have changed. Kamala Harris.
Speaker 7: Here she is on a breakfast show trying to debunk these claims, saying, no, wait a minute. I was one of the most progressive das when it came to marijuana during my time in the hot seat.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest allegations against you is that you targeted and locked up thousands of black men in San Francisco for weed.
Speaker 11: It's just simply not true. And what public defenders who are around those days will tell you, I was the most progressive prosecutor in California on marijuana cases and would not send people to jail for simple possession of weed, and as Vice president have been a champion for bringing marijuana down on the schedule, so instead of it being ranked up there with heroin, we bring it down. And my pledge is as president, I will work on decriminalizing it because I know exactly how those laws have been used to disproportionately impact certain populations and specifically black men.
Speaker 7: California's own Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Speaker 8: Like I say, their own data shows.
Speaker 7: She did indeed lock up eighteen hundred and eighty three individuals for marijuana related offenses.
Speaker 8: So here she is.
Speaker 7: We've just spoken about the last lie. Oh Trump looks like he's dazed and confused on stage during some weird musical fest.
Speaker 8: At a rally. He must be suffering. He's not doing okay.
Speaker 7: He or she is once again bald faced, lying saying no, that didn't happen.
Speaker 8: I was really progressive when it came to weed.
Speaker 6: There'll be a lot more people dazed and confused in the United States if she manages to have and lied to criminalization.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the key to understanding her. When she speaks.
Speaker 6: Precisely for me, you know, imagine thinking, oh god, I've got a real problem. With the black voter, though, what could I possibly do to bring it back to me?
Speaker 1: I know? Will legalize illicit drugs?
Speaker 6: Like? Is that the best she can possibly do to go from having locked up, as you say, nearly two thousand people for marijuana offenses, now trying to rewrite the history and they.
Speaker 1: Say no, no, I would never have possibly.
Speaker 6: Done anything like that, and going completely full circle and saying, oh, well, now I'm going to legalize the stuff. Please, If that's the best she has got to attract black votes is to say we must legalize illicit drugs and then we're going to try and create jobs for you in the illicit drug now legal drug market.
Speaker 1: I mean that is.
Speaker 6: Absolutely pathetic, like everything she has let go of, everything she has ever believed in this run for president.
Speaker 1: Fracking.
Speaker 6: Once upon a time she wanted it banned. Oh no, I don't believe in that anymore. Once upon a time she said that building the wall was Unamerican. Now I'm going to bring back to Bordeville so we can continue building the wall. On and on it goes. I locked up people who had marijuana on them. No, no, now we're going to legalize it. She has wrote everything out the window in this campaign. You're not voting for Kamala Harris. You voted for whoever got into her EA five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Like you said, it's just so incredibly insulting to black men that she thinks if she legalizes the whacky tobacci, they're suddenly going to vote for her.
Speaker 2: But I love how she says, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Fact that marijuana is illegal, it's an unjust barrier holding black men back. So the thing holding Black African men back is the fact that they can't smoke marijuana. But I got to admire her for being willing to put the pot back into potus.
Speaker 2: So well done to her for that.
Speaker 3: Now, while she's struggling to attract the vote of black men, she's completely lost the vote of border patrol agents. They're threatening to quit en Mass if Harris is reelected.
Speaker 2: Have listened to Paul Perez.
Speaker 3: He's the leader of the National Border Patrol Council, saying if Harris wins the presidency, not only are we all walking off the job, but the whole country is going to go to hell.
Speaker 1: If we allow borders.
Speaker 2: Are Harris.
Speaker 1: To win this.
Speaker 9: Election, every city, every community in this great country is going to go to hell.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: According to federal data quoted in the New York Post, since the Biden Harris administration has been in power, border patrol agents have had about ten million interactions with illegals on the southern border. Seventeen percent of border patrol agents have quit the job in the last three and a half years, and the reason is pretty obvious. One of the border patrol agents quoted in the New York Post said that the Harris administration obviously couldn't outwardly say don't enforce the border restrictions, but they've done everything to make our job as inefficient as possible, and so they're being hamstrung in doing their job. They're incredibly frustrated, so frustrated that for the first time in history, the agency actually hired a suicideologist because in twenty twenty two, fifteen border patrol agents took their own lives, presumably because of such low morale. They say that she's acting like she really cares about border security, which just rubs salt into the wound because they know that's not happening. So they're threatening to quit on mass But Donald Trump, he's promising to employ thousands more border patrol agents give them a ten percent pay rise and a ten thousand dollars signing on bonuses.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump, but after I went, I will be asking Congress immediately to approve a ten percent rais haven't had won in a.
Speaker 1: Long time for all agents, and a ten thousand dollars each retention and signing voters.
Speaker 3: Is this, to me is Trump's winning policy because it's undeniable what's happening. And the more the border patrol agents speak out to testify to what's happening, to the fact that when Biden and Harris visited they quickly cleaned up things, only to return it to its normal chaos after they left. The more they speak, the more Americans realize what's happening. And Trump should just hammer that issue home over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: Oh this was said at the very beginning of the campaign.
Speaker 7: If all he does is talk about illegal immigration for the next few months, right up until polling day, he has got this in the bag. And that has proved true throughout the campaign.
Speaker 10: And nobody is more aware of the.
Speaker 7: Dire situation than those who have been on the border who were technical charged with not letting illegals through, and yet on this very show, we have shown footage of them being instructed to cut the wire to let illegals into the country. So these guys are completely demoralized. They've had four thousand people leave since the Biden administration started, as more and more of them recognize this job's a joke. Now we're literally just facilitating people coming in instead of keeping people out. And no doubt they're well aware of as all Americans are who have seen their cities overrun, their taxpayer dollars squandered on people who don't even belong in their country. They're well aware of the fact that Americans do look at them and blame them. How could you not? What are you flogs doing on the border if you're not stopping such a mass exodus into our country from over the Mexican border, So can you blame them? And no wonder they're saying that, each of them. In this article, so many individual agents are sharing their own stories and saying, this is why we're just waiting to see what happens this.
Speaker 10: Election, and if she gets back in, we are out.
Speaker 8: This is our hope.
Speaker 7: If Trump gets back in, will stay And you can only imagine what detrimental effect that will have even more on the border. They've only got nineteen thousand left as it is in the border patrol.
Speaker 10: How many more thousands will leave?
Speaker 7: And Kamala, they obviously don't believe her promises that she is going to change and she is going to be strong on boarders if she wins the presidency. Otherwise they'd hang around and find out. But nope, they say election day where out if she gets the.
Speaker 6: Gone why would you believe she hasn't stood by any other convictions.
Speaker 1: She's shit ahead.
Speaker 6: I mean one of the border agents who was quoted in the New York Post saying, you know, Kamala was elected again.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm not doing this shit again. And you don't blame him for that.
Speaker 6: Why would you hang around for another four years of twiddling your thumbs and sitting on your hands. You've been charged with doing a job, and presumably you believe in that job. You go and do something like that, much like being a copper, because you want to protect your country and the people of your country and you're being told, hey, you can't do your job.
Speaker 1: Is let them all in?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's the same as wondering why people don't want to be coppers down in Victoria, and nothing to do with Daniel Andrews using them like his Gestapo during COVID and making them go out and fire rubber bullets at people who are protesting against the government. Of course, you don't want to be part of that. That's not what you signed up to do. There is no reason that they would believe that she would do anything about it. But of course, like we've talked about many times before, this has all been by design. The point is to let all of these people in then give them a pathway to citizenship so that they can eventually go off and vote. And who are they going to vote for. They'll vote for the party that allowed them to come into the country, or they just get on the voter role now and then the DOJ band states and taking them off the voter role and they can go and vote anyway. And all the polling shows that behind the economy, the number one issue people are worried about in the US is illegal immigration. Right Democrat voters, which is clearly why Kamala is now talking about it.
Speaker 1: I'll bring back the border bill. I've got to do something about it.
Speaker 6: But it is one of the most serious issues in the United States. Trump needs to keep driving at home. On the way home to November the fifth, let's come back home now. An interesting story out of Sydney at Avalon Beach, where there is a local shopping center that is looking to be redeveloped. The owners have put in an application to the local council, the Northern Beaches Council say we want to not be joined over, put up a new shopping center and down the bottom would be a Dan Murphy's and on the top would be a childcare center. It all sounds pretty straightforward. Who cares, it's just a local shopping center, except that the health.
Speaker 1: Narc say no, there is no way you could possibly.
Speaker 6: Have a childcare center on top of the saying shopping center that has a Dan.
Speaker 1: Murphy's in it, give me a brak.
Speaker 6: This is the new South Wales Health's department on the Northern Beaches, the Northern Sydney Local Health District. They put a submission into the Northern Beaches Council. Their director of Population and Planetary Health, Paul clarina Are He says the proposed DA would increase young children's exposure to alcohol and alcohol marketing on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Won't somebody think of the children.
Speaker 6: He also points out in this submission that there is evidence showing the relationship between exposure to alcohol marketing and increased youth drinking. Now we're talking about a childcare center here, right, So the kids who are going along to childcare, like pre school age, you know, two.
Speaker 1: Three, four years old?
Speaker 6: Do you really think they're going to go to childcare and go mummy, daddy, it's Dan Murphy's down skins.
Speaker 1: Can we go and get a beer?
Speaker 7: Please?
Speaker 1: No, They've got no idea what Dan Murphy's is.
Speaker 6: I cannot believe these health wowsers even think this is an issue. What do they think the kids are going to start wandering out of childcare in the middle of the day, go down to Dan Murphy's with a fake beard on, and you know, three of them stacked up in a trench coat.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, mister, if and I buy a bottle of wine please, But it's not going to happen.
Speaker 6: It's not a real issue. And this is public money because this is the government's health department. Public money is being spent stopping a shopping center from being redeveloped because four year olds are apparently going to take up the groth.
Speaker 3: Come on, all right, I'm going to take the opposite view here, and I think your characterization is very funny.
Speaker 2: However, that's not what he's saying.
Speaker 3: He's clearly not thinking a four year old is going to get on the gross.
Speaker 7: Exactly what it would increase young children's exposure to alcohol and alcohol marketing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what he's saying is that if you've got a kid who goes to daycare five days a week for four years, they're seeing alcohol constantly, and there's a correlation between to alcohol advertising and youth drinking. He's not saying they're going to be four years old and on a you know, on the grog.
Speaker 7: He says, these pictures, which to a child just look like a picture of a beverage. There's a can, there's a bottle, there's some bubbles in a nice glass.
Speaker 8: They're going to know that that.
Speaker 1: No, you're saying, look at evil Dan Murphy's side.
Speaker 3: Also, you're saying that you're normalizing it right from their first formative years, and there will be consequences down the train.
Speaker 2: Can disagree with it from forty pocket.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, who even has memories.
Speaker 2: That's the point it's aminal. So there's another thing.
Speaker 3: There's another thing you're forgetting to mention here, and that is on the Northern Shore, the rate of hospitalization for alcohol related incidents is sixty five percent higher than the state average.
Speaker 2: So clearly, and they're all.
Speaker 3: Four years old, no what to do can finish the point. Clearly this is a hot but an issue for the health services in that area. And so they're simply saying, you know what, we don't have to expose kids to this, So why should we. I think it's nice to someone baby is taking the innocence of kids seriously, innocence.
Speaker 7: Can we just acknowledge though that Dan Murphy's. Everyone's familiar with the Dan Murphy's right. You drive past it, you walk past it. They don't have advertising outside their stores. Everyone knows what that man's face means. Everyone knows what the name Dan Murphy's mean. You know, it's a liquor stare. But it doesn't say bottle O or come inside for grog, or have massive posters of various alcoholic drinks.
Speaker 8: No, it is nothing. It is a giant green shop.
Speaker 7: So this idea that oh, these infants are going to see all this alcohol marketing, it's going to subliminally affect their choices.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think there's any question that advertising affects your thinking and that over time. About saying this, kids are going to go out and start game exactly, what is no He's saying that there are certain things we should shield children from for as long as possible. I'll give you an example right in Victoria. Different issue, but it goes to the theme they put a drug injecting room right next to a primary school and didn't think twice about it. It goes to this point that a generation ago we would have said there's no way a bottle shop should be near a childcare center. A generation ago that would have been a given.
Speaker 6: If nonsensical exposure to a Dan Murphy sign is then there full link.
Speaker 1: When you're three four years old exposed to Dan Murphy, it's not just a son.
Speaker 6: It's more likely to make you later in your youth take up drinking all the Dan Murphy stores because the kids are in the car with them. They go to the shops with their people to see the liquor land side and the damn.
Speaker 3: Move totally misrepresenting What is his argument?
Speaker 6: Is there is able in showing your relationship correlates alcohol marketing an increased you drink. So the resistence of a Claire Murphy, he's going to cause these people to be drink because when they're older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's saying, there's a correlation between exposure and later behave. You're going to take your kid every single day for four years to a premises where the first thing they see is a bottle shop.
Speaker 8: Maybe it's such a good Oh, it's a bottle shop. Is a green store, that says.
Speaker 3: Dan Murphy, and they don't have any outside adnoising there's nothing in the windows.
Speaker 8: Have you not been to a Dan Murphy's I'm a.
Speaker 2: Tea total lie?
Speaker 1: Don't lie. You do partake in the you.
Speaker 3: Got me onto it that you will forever be consented.
Speaker 1: Incorrectly, they're going to bear my face soon because they're going to say it encourages that gives a.
Speaker 7: Drunk go to a agreed to disagree.
Speaker 1: Like they're putting a knock shot down.
Speaker 2: Did you just say that your face drives people to drink?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, I'm saying, you know, people associate my good looking face with the red wine drinkers or something.
Speaker 1: And then they're going to ban it.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, speaking of a pile of nonsense.
Speaker 8: Michelle Roland, Communications Minister.
Speaker 7: Is very worried about a lot of people taking her Combating Misinformation Disinformation.
Speaker 8: Bill the wrong way.
Speaker 7: It's just about keeping Australian safe, as you know.
Speaker 8: So she's taken.
Speaker 7: Upon herself to write an article it's not a very good one to reassure the Australian people that no, no, this is just about keeping you safe, which is a great line which every dictator and tyrant has used throughout history in order to exercise their tyranny over the people. This irony seems to be completely lost on Michelle Roland.
Speaker 8: Part of her article reads.
Speaker 7: In the digital world, misinformation and disinformation can threaten people's health, safety and well being. It can undermine our social cohesion, economy and democracy. For a minute there, I thought she was describing government.
Speaker 8: I really did.
Speaker 7: This cracks me up no end reading the entire article. You've got to read it because it reads like an absolute joke. She is trying to sell the biggest furfee to the Australian people. Goes to show what they think of our collective IQ. Clearly these people do not understand we don't trust you. We don't trust you with our health, We don't trust you with our education. You fail us on infrastructure half of your policies, if not more, our entire crap.
Speaker 8: Heck, if it weren't.
Speaker 7: For government being so bad at their jobs, we in the media wouldn't have a job because what would we talk about, Oh, great news, great news, Oh this.
Speaker 8: Is going so well. There's no one to hold account. Everything's just going hunky dory.
Speaker 10: No. Instead, we're here every single night.
Speaker 7: Exposing their corruption, bad ideas. Mir the deals for mates four point three million dollar ocean front properties by a PM so concerned about climate change that you and I have to.
Speaker 8: Fit the bill every rich way. It goes on and on and on. So here's the communications.
Speaker 7: Minister Noves did interest whatsoever there trying to convince us in her own words, that this is a good idea, that we should be censored and she and her posse should be the arbiters of truth.
Speaker 6: I think the Daily Telegraph knew exactly what they were doing when they covered fheries, right, They knew what a joke it was. Because I'll point out two things. The opening sentence of this article is this week there has been a lot of wild claims about how misinformation bill that is grammatically incorrect should be This week, there have been has is singular, have is plural.
Speaker 1: She's talking about a lot of wild claims.
Speaker 6: I mean, for Eaven's sake, if you can't even get that basic stuff right at the beginning of the article, why would.
Speaker 2: The bill itself? Is wild enough?
Speaker 6: Goes onto site two examples of misinformation. There are reasons we need this bill, and they are people during the pandemic saying that drinking bleach would cure COVID and that five G phone towers caused COVID. If no tin foil, hat is that firmly attached to your head that you think drinking bleach is going to stop the COVID or that five G towers caused the COVID? I'm sorry, no misinformation bill anywhere in the world is ever going to save you. That it's the worst she can possibly come up here.
Speaker 7: If you genuinely believe that, act on that advice and remove yourself from the gene call.
Speaker 3: She said that that conspiracy theory went mainstream.
Speaker 2: That was her example.
Speaker 3: Well, that's an example of misinformation because drinking bleach never went mainstream. I reckon your conspiracy theory is absolutely true that the Daily Telegraph published this.
Speaker 8: That's not a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: It read like a school all the flat.
Speaker 8: Earth is sitting at home going. That's not a conspiracy theory. It's not even a theory.
Speaker 3: My favorite part about this article warning about misinformation is she said that misinformation should be a concern to any right thinking Australian. When you're trying to convince us that you're not introducing a dystopian bill to censor and to you know, shape our thinking, don't talk about right thinking people at the beginning of your article.
Speaker 2: It kind of gives the game away.
Speaker 7: Bwades that jolly pole where eighty Australians are very concerned about this and this is why we've taken upon ourselves to curb everybody's speech.
Speaker 8: Nobody believes that, Pole lady.
Speaker 7: Nobody believes that eighty percent of that's a million of us. I'm like, oh, yes, absolutely, please censor us.
Speaker 3: Even if it is eighty percent of people are concerned about misinformation. That's very different to eighty percent of people believe the government should censor our opinions.
Speaker 2: Totally different thing.
Speaker 3: Before we go Quantus have come under fire for their carbon credits scheme, being accused of misleading customers about their carbon neutral flights and misinformation having people start to think that somehow if you pay I think if you fly from Sydney to Melbourne return and you pay five dollars and sixty cents on top of your flight, somehow that makes the aviation industry sustainable. That money goes towards things like bush fire protection, rainforest conservation, which are all good things, but as the Climate Integrity Group points out, none of those things change the fact that Quantus contributes four percent of Australia's.
Speaker 2: Emissions every year.
Speaker 3: There was a Dutch court ruling in March that took task to twenty airlines, saying they had to change their advertising and stop trying to convince customers that if they paid the carbon credit fee that somehow they were offsetting emissions and it was all neutral.
Speaker 2: It's just not true.
Speaker 3: Bad news for Quantus, but I think most people know this, which is why we don't bother to pay it, because we know it's a ferthy.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you're paying it, I think you deserve to be a fleet of.
Speaker 1: Your five dollars.
Speaker 6: I do hope Quantus gets rinsed for this though, and this is the Environmental Defender's Office has now gone off to the A Triple C to say something should be done about it. I do hope they get rinsed for it, because they're trying to in one breath and say, oh, look at us, we're so virtuous, we're doing great things for the planet when need spewing emissions out right, they know exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Don't pretend you've been good for the planet.
Speaker 6: Just say yes, we burn lots of fuel so people can fly around the world.
Speaker 1: That's what we signed up for.
Speaker 8: I do love it when corporates do this though.
Speaker 7: It's like, help us, sponsor us to stop the destruction that we're doing to the planet.
Speaker 8: Chase my money.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, well, look at what's making news tomorrow, including the fact global demand for coal is at an all time high. Matt Kean will not be happy about that. Welcome back, Let's look at tomorrow papers. Caleb, you've got the herald son a big AFL story.
Speaker 6: Brewing indeed exclusive from Robbo Mark Robinson. He says, GWS, that's great, Western Sydney players face bands over disgusting Wacky Wednesday party antics Giant sex doll blow up is the headline, and what a headline.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 6: A skit involving a player addressed as rugby league star Jared Hayne and a blow up sex doll is among several offensive displays at gws giants Wacky Wednesday Party being probed by the AFL. Some players are facing twenty thousand dollars fines for this, others are facing suspension. This was a private event where this happened, but a complaint was made post the event. It's believed it might have come from someone who was working at the venue where it was held, that then made its way through to the club and then made its way through to the AFL. The club supposedly was not going to hand down any heavy sanctions, but the AFL has intervened and they are the ones that now want to impose fans in twenty thousand dollar fines. I suppose the question is what should you be able to get away within a private setting as opposed to a public setting, Because.
Speaker 1: If you just wandered into the pub on.
Speaker 6: Any old Wednesday, and I don't know down the local and started doing some weird Jared Haynes sex thing with a doll. I mean you'd say, yes, you deserve to be suspended because you're bringing the club into disrepute. But we only know about this because the AFL has decided it will take action, So you can't necessarily argue that the club had yet been brought into disrepute because it hadn't been made a public matter. I mean, yes, it was stupid and ill advised, but is it worthy of a twenty thousand dollar fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: None of us would have heard about this had the AFL not made such a big deal about it. So if the AFL are worried about their reputation, were they able to look at themselves. You've got forty four blokes aged what eighteen to thirty who book a private room for a private function. Nothing illegal happened. Was it distasteful?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The theme of the party was troubled couples, so you are for it as a trouble. But no one died, no one was did anything illegal. But someone working there got upset and made an anonymous complaint. And now some of these guys will miss the start of next season because the AFL Integrity Unit. If you want to talk about the AFL integrity Unit, I mean they can't even make an Integrius fixture. Every team doesn't play every other team once. Some teams have advantaged. So the AFL should sort their own house out before they go after a bunch of young guys having a private function.
Speaker 7: This is just because gws are awesome.
Speaker 8: We're the best team.
Speaker 10: In the league and they hate us for it.
Speaker 8: They hate us for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, if you're going to be the best, you're gonna face persecution.
Speaker 8: To the front page of the Mercury Now.
Speaker 7: Exclusive world first Thilo.
Speaker 10: Scene genome breakthrough.
Speaker 7: This is going to change the state of the nation, Ladies and gentlemen, ninety nine point nine percent of the puzzle.
Speaker 8: They have it. They're on the brink.
Speaker 7: A US bioscience company that is racing to bring the thylacene back from extinction has announced a suite of key milestones and the controversial project, including producing the most complete genome of any ancient species to date. They have also identified the fat tail Dunnart that's that little marsupial guy in the circle that you can see there on the front page. To eventually carry the world's first Thylocene embryo. Can I just say that I find these things such a waste of.
Speaker 10: Millions of dollars.
Speaker 7: It is eye watering to me. Who cares whether it comes back or not? Like genuinely, who is sitting at home rubbing their hands together, giggling to themselves, being like, I have missed the Thylocene and this is going to make the quality of my life shoots through the roof. But some scientists are squandering millions of dollars on this project because they watched Jurassic Park and got inspired.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's amazing technology, right If they can one hundred years after an animal went extinct de extinct, it so great technology.
Speaker 2: But it raises the question just.
Speaker 7: Because for something for the better man of humanity, not for bringing back some cat looking dog.
Speaker 3: The more interesting question to me is just because you can do something, And this is a question science hasn't answered, should you? And you know, if they managed to achieve this, what's next to wille mammoth, the Tyrannosaurus wreck.
Speaker 1: That's what I want sylosaurs.
Speaker 6: Please, But I mean, you ask some people, they'll tell you that the Thylo scene still actually exists, that there are some of them running around down in Tazzy. You know, there's these spottings, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, what are we going to do? Oh great, we've got the Tazzy tiger back. Next two cares.
Speaker 2: Be good for tourism.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the front page of the Daily Telegraph metro boom key to solving housing crisis, where way off track reads the headline Sydney is going to need to build hundreds more metro train and light rail stations if the new South Wales government has any hope of tackling the housing crisis, or report has found, with housing advocates warning the state cannot afford to stop investing in new metro lines. The article goes on to say that Sydney is trailing behind cities like New York, Paris and London in both the number of stations and the amount of density around them.
Speaker 2: You know, it's really funny.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have thought more metro stations with high density housing was the key to solving the housing crisis. Maybe just stop immigration for a while until the housing can catch up.
Speaker 2: That might do it.
Speaker 3: But instead the recommendation is to put us all in Soviet style high rises because we don't want a backyard. We don't want space to kick the footy with the kids. We want to all be in shoe boxes close to a metro. That's what we really want. It'll make the country wonderful.
Speaker 8: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: I mean it does raise a fair point, though, which is, if you're going to have all this housing, you've got to move around the people who live in the housing somehow. Like we've only talked about one piece of the equation. You can't just talk about one piece. You've got to talk about the whole lot. And that's you know, we can't even build the houses at the rate that we need to build them.
Speaker 1: As if we're gonna be able to build the bloody.
Speaker 3: Stain immigration housing crist are solved within a couple of years.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right, because the fertility rates through the floor, So now one's having kids anyway exactly. Let's go to the front of the Ouster Borrow, where it says coal demand to hit global high despite moral hazards.
Speaker 1: What a surprise.
Speaker 6: Global coal demand is forecast to hit a new high in twenty twenty four, driven by strong growth from.
Speaker 1: China and India. What is surprise as climate changes.
Speaker 6: Matt Keane warned that handouts to prolong coal stations in Australia risk creating a moral hazard, and in saying that, he is totally correct, because if you stop giving handouts to keep coal being mined in this country, there is a great moral hazard, and that is that you will consign billions and millions, if not billions, of people in India and China to lives of abject poverty because you don't give them the opportunity to build industry that pulls them out of that poverty. Unknowingly, he's actually hit the nail.
Speaker 2: On the head. Well, here's another moral hazard.
Speaker 3: We are impoverishing a free, democratic nation while enriching a communist nation that has us in their sights just to our north. I would have thought that is a moral hazard that maybe our politicians might think about.
Speaker 6: No, why would they think about that? Imagine having cheap power. God, we couldn't possibly have that in a first world nation, could we? James in front of the odds tomorrow Very quickly, pms by takes a negative turn. Labor MPs are pushing for negative gearing changes to be put on the table in the wake of revelations Anthony Alberizi purchased a four point three million dollar beach side home, threatening a pre election schism between Prime Minister and Jim Charmers over housing tax policies. Oh mate, I bet he didn't think that was going to happen when.
Speaker 1: He paid for that house, did he. Well, good job.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break. But stick around.
Speaker 3: We've got to show you vision in a moment of a pro Palestinian activist too tore down the great Flag. It's coming up in a moment. Okay, welcome back now. Liz Storer believes she may have found twenty twenty four's most stupid protester.
Speaker 2: Liz, take it away.
Speaker 7: So we've all had good fun making fun of pro Palestinian protesters who clearly have absolutely no idea exactly what they're protesting for.
Speaker 10: They just know they're angry, but nobody to date.
Speaker 7: In my humble opinion, that beats this low IQ activist who, when seeing what she believed to be the Israeli flag flying outside of a kebab store, decided to unleash her wrath upon them.
Speaker 8: I don't stand for this.
Speaker 12: There's genocide, and I don't stand for Zionism. I'm mon clear, I don't support it. There's a genocide, you know that, right, They're killing children.
Speaker 1: It's a purpose.
Speaker 12: You proud of your heritage, You're understanding of the genocide. Right, there's nothing against people who are Jewish. But this is this is not okay, this is ricky. Who's this?
Speaker 1: This is grecky?
Speaker 2: What very ricky?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Oh that its Israel?
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 8: Right, color scheme, wrong flag.
Speaker 7: Someone better warn the Argentinian any Argentinian restaurants in the vicinity as well.
Speaker 3: The stupidest part about that is do you know who posted the video?
Speaker 2: She posted it?
Speaker 1: Look at what an idiot I am.
Speaker 2: I want the whole world to know. I am the stupidest person in the world.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 7: Don't be a virtue signal, like, look, I am campaigning genocide.
Speaker 8: Look I got it.
Speaker 7: But essentially the basis of my argument was correct.
Speaker 6: But I just love the look on the face of that She just hell, are you doing in the front of my wrist and she's like, are you proud of your heritage?
Speaker 1: And he's standing there.
Speaker 6: Like, I mean, yeah, apart from the fact that my country goes broke every five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty proud of my You had no idea what was so good?
Speaker 6: But it once again proves how stupid these people are. Do not take them seriously for one minute. At least they can give us a laugh.
Speaker 3: Well, on that note, it's a good night from us, but stick around.
Speaker 2: Coming up is readA Pennehy