Speaker 1: Hi, Happy New Year, long time thisek five guys, welcome back to this season three.
Speaker 2: Season three, I've just forgot we're like veterans now that's crazy, and we have been.
Speaker 3: Blessed with the first episode back of the year.
Speaker 2: I think it's like one of my bucket list things already ticked off for the year. We have the Girls Bathroom, Sofia and Chincy are joining us before their tour in Australia.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking nuts. They're so sweet and then we're so gorgeous and we just can't wait for you guys to hear the episode. Next week we will be doing more of a catch up lowdown on what happened over the summer and since we've last spoken. But guys, this is such an exciting episode, so let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Starting a year of the bang in Joe Mail loves.
Speaker 4: So what do you guys call my song underwag Stream?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sophia and Chincy, I'm welcome to Just for Girls, So Safia and Jins from the Girls Bathroom, Sam's all time favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have to admit I am an avid listener. Every Wednesday I listen.
Speaker 2: I've been watching you YouTube since I was a little girl, Like this is like, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: This is probably one of the best days of life.
Speaker 1: Even when I started working, we worked at the same retail store for like two weeks. I was like, I needn't know what to listen when I'm in the back room. She's like, You've got to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys like back in the day when you guys were both single and you were doing your single files, Like that's how I discovered you girls.
Speaker 4: Time to be Alive.
Speaker 3: That was a good Yeah, that was a really good er.
Speaker 2: But the girls are coming to Australia in February. They're having a tour. I know so many girls in Australia are so excited for you to come. You have a very big audience over here. Do you guys know that you have like a big Australian viewer.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: So surprised because we had to add more dates on we were like, yeah, tour dates and we were like, oh my god, none of these are going to sell in Australia.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that you guys will think that.
Speaker 6: And it's it's crazy. Yeah, because you're so far away.
Speaker 4: I'm like, how have we got.
Speaker 5: I know, it still feels like a mythical land but we've never been to.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a weird sort of connection between UK and Australia and the US is like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do say that, like we've all got the same humor. I feel like like the Australians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: What is like the most exciting thing that you're excited to experience when you first come to Australias?
Speaker 1: Okay, eyeballs, Yeah, you'll get some good ones. Have you been to Australia never? Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow, So we need all the recommendations because like you must do a lot of things outside because it's warm, like near, like it's so miserable, like you just don't really want to be outside as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're coming at the perfect time. You get to go to Bondi. Yeah. Yeah, you're going to be in Sydney for a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Really has like a very big brunch culture.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's what we're known about, is like cafes and like brunch food is really big.
Speaker 1: Like going up for breakfast is a really big Melbourne coffee.
Speaker 6: Literally, if I could go out for one meal breakfast, it would be breakfast every single We love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love that.
Speaker 1: So we actually have a couple of little questions that we ask every guest that we have on we're going to start. We want to hear both of your death throw meals. So we want entree, main, dessert and then a drink.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, okay starting Okay, this is my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Okay an entree.
Speaker 5: Always got to get a calamari because it's just nice, you know, crispy and like a bit of squid. Then maybe some bread and oil is like for.
Speaker 4: Catch your bread.
Speaker 1: Nice good shot.
Speaker 5: With that, and then maybe like some a big ball of mozerra, like a Barrata Barta.
Speaker 4: You go to a wrestle with Chintz.
Speaker 1: She finds you love australiash. We have Barada literally every single restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a music.
Speaker 5: Okay, So okay, that would probably go to data.
Speaker 6: I think I just want like a big warm salty with like salty butter, and I just where do we get that?
Speaker 4: Where do we get that that?
Speaker 2: I think bread that we need to go to Totti's in Sydney. So Totti's has got the big puffy bread with a Barrada.
Speaker 3: Like everyone be.
Speaker 2: Screaming right now, be like go to Totty's. They need to go to Totty's. They've got great pasta pizza. That is the vibe. That's the place to get.
Speaker 1: I E t O t T I s Totty Totties in Melbourne as well when you are here, because we're Melbourne girls. I'd say Gilson is probably the other one in Melbourne. It's like the Brada, the puffy bread, all the sort of entree little starters that you can get with your bread. You'd love it.
Speaker 4: So this is perfect.
Speaker 7: This is proper recommendations.
Speaker 1: We got you. You know, is there anything else you're like really excited to try over here? Like Tim TAM's vegemite.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I love penguins.
Speaker 5: Ye loving time delivery. They always send us timms.
Speaker 1: And you need to have vegemite, but you need someone to be nice and do it correctly for you. Yeah, you need to do it.
Speaker 2: The right way, Like no one eats vegemite off a teaspoon like that is like such a foreign, like a weird that no one.
Speaker 1: Does, like it's disgusting to us.
Speaker 2: Have you tried, Mama, Yes, I have Vegimite is way stronger than marmite.
Speaker 3: It's way more strong my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we can get stronger than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really need to try it be able to describe it.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, it's a very.
Speaker 6: Mean eat everything. Yeah, we're not easy to We're not critical of.
Speaker 5: We'll definitely do on YouTube like an Australian.
Speaker 2: You must, Yeah, we have to do that. And is there anything else in like I must place that you like really excited to see that you always see in Australia, or like something that you're interested to find out about Australians.
Speaker 4: We want to find out more about like the Australian boy.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yes, good luck you need it.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 5: The aim of the live show it's you need to explore, is it?
Speaker 3: It's actually were they all serve?
Speaker 1: Just like only the hot one, sir. I find that Like if I ask a boy and I'm like, oh, do you serve and they say no on I'm like oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Like it's to be disappointing if you don't surf, but like it's not as common as you think.
Speaker 1: It depends where you are to serve.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, what's like a typical like first date like are we going to the beach?
Speaker 2: It's definitely human. It's the type of person dependent. I feel like if you're matching on hinge and you've got the prompts and like you're more like you can tell you're kind of a morning person. You'll go for like a walk and then like your second or third date, you could spend a day at the beach.
Speaker 3: But you would never do that first time.
Speaker 1: I'd say, like getting in my bikinis on a first date is like a no winner for me. But I would say drinks amongst everyone, like I know the standard is like if you go to a nice wine bar and you have a couple of drinks and there's usually not much eating involved because but it's just like i'd say, or a pub even get a nice parma.
Speaker 5: And back when you were younger, like were you all obsessed with Cody Simpson? Was he like you're just in bieber All were You're not that bothered?
Speaker 2: I wasn't that bothered by him, No, but I know you girls are obsessed with him, Like you're ubsessed because he put you on your story the other day or something, and you guys like.
Speaker 1: Geek down was like the highlight of our lives. Yeah, I feel like Justin Bieber was definitely Justin Bieber, but Cody Simpson I did have frames that like idolize the guy, but it's really yeah, but he died down pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like Cody Simpson, I'm pretty sure lives in the Gold Coast and if he were to walk around, no one would really bother him.
Speaker 1: Like we wouldn't ask for a photo if we walked past him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he.
Speaker 2: Like he That's a big thing in Australia is we act very nonchalant, Like a big thing is like tall poppy syndrome and like being nonchalant, like if we saw someone famous, like obviously if we saw like Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: Or Harry Styles out, they would be like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like if there's like a famous actor or something like, they would walk around and no one would really bother them because you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to, like absolutely, but I feel like people just like to let people bet.
Speaker 4: Yeah in our heads, like all the girls in Australia. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like if I if I saw him out, like I wouldn't I probably would be like, oh I think that was Cody Simpson, Like I wouldn't be like Oh my god, that's Cody Simps.
Speaker 1: I would not even probably take a photo of him. I wouldn't care, but you know, you may see him and then you can get a photo. Yeah, you should message him.
Speaker 4: Him. He's going to be flattered that we love him.
Speaker 1: You should message him and go and a cyeball with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ask him if he wants to hang out, get a match or something.
Speaker 7: Has got a wife, He's got a wife married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even know he was married.
Speaker 1: There you go, how old did she married? That's crazy? Was he with Miley Cyrus for a little while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he went out with for a while.
Speaker 3: No way. He has left so many lives, Yeah, he really has.
Speaker 1: But I think back to Australian guys. You will see the mullets and the mustaches, and actually I like that, Like I'm attracted to that.
Speaker 3: Like both of our exes have like really.
Speaker 1: Bigic long mullets that go down to like their shoulders.
Speaker 2: So they're very like mulledy, very rough around the edges, like a clean cut person is not very like common, like you don't see like a common finance bro.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, lots of jawts, like denim jean shorts, singlets, puka shell necklaces.
Speaker 4: It's a vibe but actually everywhere as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that, Like I'm collected, don't YEA thongs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah they what do you guys call like some underwear girl? Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Because a G string to us is like when it's just a string.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like just say G string, but it would literally be a string up the bomb, a string around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a G string as well. We call thongs and G strings the same thing. It's just as long as it's like going down your ass, like, yeah, it's a G string.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Birkenstocks are really docing here. We burke yeah, with like linen pants and like a little venoy top.
Speaker 3: Like that's very big.
Speaker 1: I feel like you can tell in an airport across the world easily. I feel like you'll see that there's a very big pattern to the way that people dress around here.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: So I think it's I think we have good fashion around here for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like this shopping here is really really good. I feel like you will enjoy the shopping. Oh maybe not because London you got like Selfridges and stuff.
Speaker 5: I've been shopping on some like Australian Browns, Like I did an order on Coukai last night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we used to work. That's how we met.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some really nice stuff on Couca.
Speaker 3: Yeah we say cook I though.
Speaker 4: Oh cook her?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah cu guy.
Speaker 4: You guys met at your old workplace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which Coukai.
Speaker 4: It always was.
Speaker 6: About like meeting girls at work and then like maybe leaving work, does the friendship leave the workplace?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, my housemates both from Kukai as well.
Speaker 3: So the girls I live with I used to work with in store as well.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, a lot of people work there. I quit like two weeks later because they were going to fire me. So we stayed friends luckily.
Speaker 2: Because how long have you guys been friends? Like, I feel like to give a bit of background to the girls, like tell us a little bit about yourselves, like how did the podcast start? How did you come up with the idea of the podcast and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Because you guys like the ogs, I feel like kind of of this. Yeah, just two girls chatting, so we love it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: We met in primary when we were about four, and then we're just like best friends all the way through school.
Speaker 4: And then we.
Speaker 6: Started a fashion blog and then that kind of developed into a YouTube channel, and then on the U when we had the YouTube channel running, which we still do now, we used Snapchat a lot and we would speak to loads of people on Snapchat, Like snaptop, that's not really a thing in our lives anymore, but when we were like nineteen twenty, Snapchat was our favorite thing. Yeah, we just started messages from girls like, oh, I don't really have a best friend we talk to about this, Like I need some advice. Like we just found that we were getting messages from girls asking for advice. So then we thought like, oh, this could be a really nice series for our YouTube channel. So then we decided to call it like gil Talk, Boy Talk whatever, and we would do YouTube videos answering people's dilemmas from Snapchat or just like our DM and then it just because caause we used to do three YouTube videos a week, so it became like quite a series.
Speaker 4: That we would do quite a lot, and then.
Speaker 6: Then we just kind of decided to make it a podcast to make its own, like have give its own platform.
Speaker 5: I guess we can't take credit for the name at all. We're really struggling to come up with a name. We were thinking all sorts. God knows what was on that list that we had just rubbish. And then because we were at our manager's office at the time, and then this lady popped her.
Speaker 7: Head in the door, were Alison. We owe it all to Alison. American lads shout.
Speaker 5: Out, she's so nice, and we were like, oh, we're struggling to come up with a name for our new podcast, like we've got no ideas.
Speaker 6: Like we said, he like, we want to talk about like boyfriends, friendships, like.
Speaker 4: All of that kind of stuff. And she was like, oh, you mean like the stuff that you talk about like in the girl's bathroom, And we were like that American.
Speaker 1: Accent, it's honestly names like bang on exactly what the sort of if you talk about because the girls bathroom as well.
Speaker 5: In England, we don't say we're going to go to the bathroom, like, we don't say that. I We'll say toilet or loop r Okay, So Allison just hit the nail on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah we say bathroom. But it's like, yeah, Spillia got out to any Tom Dickon Harry in a girl's bathroom. You'll tell anyone anything. Yeah, I think it's perfect.
Speaker 5: Go Allison, So we're eternally grateful to Alison, and that was it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were thinking of other names, but then they already existed and we were like, oh my god, do that and then we're like, it doesn't exist, so we just like grabbed the Instagram handles straight away and then yeah.
Speaker 2: So we do dilemmas like every couple of weeks or so true, like a lot of girls will send it into the same and we always find out like sometimes it's gotten us into like a lot of trouble because Melbourne's a very small place or like Sydney's a very small place, and the stories get found out like we're an island in the middle of nowhere, like you will find the person out, or like we're kind of the people who tell it in London. Have you ever like have people emailed you being like my friends found out this from the podcast or.
Speaker 1: That's me you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like have you ever like been like.
Speaker 6: Oh, I can only think of that one time relatively recently about the wedding dresses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had a wedding dress issue.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard this, I know the one you're talking Can you explain it to the listeners?
Speaker 4: Sophia can probably remember the details a bit better.
Speaker 5: But basically between two weddings, right and two friends, but Sofia has got better memory than me.
Speaker 6: So basically what happened was there was two Like let's say me and Chintz, right, we're both getting married, and I've asked chance to be my bridesmaid, okay, but she hasn't asked me to be her bridesmaid. So it's a bit like one sided, right, gins is coming to my dress appointments and try and staf fun Like, okay, I think I'm going to go with distress. So I found my dress. Chintz has seen it, she's approved it, she's my bridesmaid.
Speaker 4: Chintz then like decides to have her wedding before mine.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it's like, okay, there's the problem, like you move yours me, so there to your wedding day.
Speaker 4: I'm obviously not a bride woman. She's not asked me to be.
Speaker 6: And then she was walking down the aisle in the exact same dress that she saw me cheer, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: She copied her wedding dress. Basically, that was the dilemma.
Speaker 2: And the girls found out the bride found out that you had spoken about on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it was like the the husbands had found out they were commenting on the Instagram post, like reported it to the police.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think there was a lot of underlying issues between this friendship. I think there was more to it, like she said in this email, because like the emails we were getting after we posted it was insane.
Speaker 4: We could believe it Bride's mom's email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, really there's only one person in the wrong there, and it's the one who stole the dress. Like, I don't know how that could turn into like an all out sort of war unless there's yeah, more underlying.
Speaker 6: It's literally said like there was way more going on in that friendship that way more about addresses, and I think it all just like that just boiled over them.
Speaker 5: So the fact that like some details went public through our podcast, I think it just escalated the whole thing. So we did delete like the social clip, didn't we isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we took it out of the episode because we were they were just yeah, because they called the police, they got the police like a case on it. I'm not sure if they wanted to arrest us or who.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if you guys speak about it, but I know the whole thing that happened with the Dubai people.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that blew up on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I remember saying that too.
Speaker 2: Because you guys spoke about how one of the influencer's husbands was cheating Jenny or something.
Speaker 5: Because that shows like we were a bit naive with that because we didn't realize we took out so many details that so in the email sometimes if there's a too many d details, we're like, okay, let's just take out that detail. Take out that detail because it's like that's too distinguishable. Yeah, So we took out so many details from the email that the lady had wrote. So we're thinking, we like, we've never had it before where someone's been found, and it's like we need to find, we need to find, so like we'd never had that before.
Speaker 4: So we were in utter shock when like everyone found everyone.
Speaker 2: Like FBI on that Like that was wild, Like that was.
Speaker 6: Never experienced anything like that, Like we don't really have like massive viral moments like going on TikTok and seeing a girl being like I've.
Speaker 4: Just listened to blah blah blah. I was like, oh shit, like.
Speaker 5: We must find because I remember we saw the first TikTok of this girls just like we must find Jelly, we must find Jenny. And we were like, no one's going to find Jenny. We were like, no one's going to find Jenny. It's absolutely fine. It was literally thirty minutes laid out. We found Jenny. We found Oh my god.
Speaker 1: No, did Jenny ever reach out to.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Jenny. Well, we wanted her to come on.
Speaker 3: And like ye, but Jenny didn't want But.
Speaker 5: We did speak to her like through our managers, right because it was like her manager knew our manager and.
Speaker 6: They had some com that teaches a lesson because obviously we never wanted that to play.
Speaker 4: Out in that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that did teach us a lesson to just like because this just goes back to our naive t we genuinely just think no one's really listening and.
Speaker 2: No one's em in our studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like you do.
Speaker 6: Just like I just sat there talking to your friend like it's just two of us. We're just yapping away thinking that like people just have this play in the background, they're not that invested, So yeah, it teaches a lesson to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that was a crazy story and he did some crazy.
Speaker 3: Things in that Yeah, wild that he did.
Speaker 5: Deserve it needed to come out as in like he needed to like complete.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, because you guys don't talk about your private life on the podcast, is it really hard not.
Speaker 3: To talk about your private life?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like, I mean we relate to our own experiences, like when we read have dilemmas, like we do try and be like, oh, yeah, I can, I've been through that or I've been something similar.
Speaker 4: We do reference like exes quite a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like old relationships, but whilst the relationships are happening, we don't apperce them too much because also it's not about us, like it's about them.
Speaker 1: And was that something you did at the beginning? Did you initially start talking a lot about what was going on in your lives and then decide that, like people are a little.
Speaker 4: Sure and we never really have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our whole thing was always just like especially with the YouTube channel, it was always just about like our life as best friends and our friendship relationshipgever were never really like the focus.
Speaker 4: I think if you're doing it on your own. I don't know. We've just our focus has always just been about us two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's never really felt like it to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: I gain totally. I feel like it is challenging, like we're kind of teetering on the edge of deciding whether to close that door or like fully open it. Because I feel like people in our life as it is so little like Melbourne, as we say, they're very invested in knowing what's going on.
Speaker 2: Like we'll go on a date and a boy will be like, am I going to get a mentioned on the podcast?
Speaker 3: And we're like, wow, classic line.
Speaker 2: Give me something to talk about a yeah, or like I'm not going to be your ego to And then it's.
Speaker 1: Like I used to do date debriefs a couple of months ago, like just talking nothing too bad. But I found I even couldn't be that honest because I know that the boy would end up listening to it, and I don't want to be ripping into this guy that's going to end up hearing about it, you know what I mean. So I feel like unless you honest, it's like there probably isn't too much of a point because no one wants to hear that. All my dates were like just okay, like they want to hear about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it is hard, like you're trying to have a successful dating life or a successful relationship and you're like saying every detail. Yeah, sometimes it's best to keep some things a bit.
Speaker 7: Closer to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think that's why we've stopped doing that, because I'm like, I don't want every guy I go on the date with to be nervous that that's going to be something that I'm going to talk about or what they do is going to be spoken out, and then maybe they're not having their true self. So I think that always changes things. So we've kind of stopped that.
Speaker 2: And because you guys said that you've been best friends since you were four, how have you gone from being best friends to now like running such a big business, a big podcast, like do you guys have a fight? Like how do you manage manage your friendship and manage also running like a big business?
Speaker 5: I think because it's been such a nice, steady slow like to us, it's been like a super slow progression to like where we are today, and it doesn't really feel like it's it feels like we're just running a little block, like it's do you know what I mean, Like it doesn't feel like we're doing anything too dramatic. And because we've always like collaborated on stuff and like done things together. Like our thing when we were younger was like, well we have whatever we do or we have to do it together. Like it was like we were like it was like we're in a relationship. It was like we were like, well, if we go to UNI, like we must go together. It was like, so we had to do everything together.
Speaker 4: So the fact that we're now doing this together, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like we're it's like everything we ever wanted so well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just like we've because we've been friends for so long and we've had like very similar upbringings and like our mums live like five minutes or like, have always been so well that just always seemed to be very aligned. There's never really something that like say Chincy really wanted to do was doing and I was like, well I'm not doing that. We have had the same vision, one of the same things, had very similar interest.
Speaker 4: So we've not we don't really clash so much.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you guys plan your outfits and you go crazy on the tour outfits and everything like that, like is there one person that's really really good at that? And like you delegate, like so you're the outfit planner.
Speaker 5: I'm the designated outfit planner, and I wouldn't have it because I I just feel like I know what Cyphia is gonna like now at this point, I know what she's not gonna like, I know what's going to look good on her.
Speaker 4: Then I know what's going to look good on me.
Speaker 5: And then for this tour, I just took rain and I just went ahead and ordered and.
Speaker 7: She seems pretty happy with the selection.
Speaker 4: Mah pretty.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to say.
Speaker 6: Our dynamic is like Ginster does all the outfits and I'm like, okay, I'm just talking to our accountant, like let me deal with this, like.
Speaker 3: To split thing, right, So you're the numbers.
Speaker 5: And I'll get on my iPad and I'll do a little drawing of something we might need and then Sophia can deal with the numbers.
Speaker 4: I'm not a number person, but it just happens to.
Speaker 9: Have come out, which is so weird because in Sofia's relationship, you don't you don't plan right, she doesn't, But then I will still book our holidays and like book like do.
Speaker 5: Like not admin but like book dinners and like organize a trip and flights.
Speaker 4: So there's weird that I would do that, But you do you know what I mean? You wouldn't think that I would do that. Well.
Speaker 6: I tried to book a dinner for us one time and I ended up accidentally booking a restaurant.
Speaker 4: That was, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Booked a restaurant in Italy, like and we've been to the restaurant multiple times before.
Speaker 4: That's and we get there and he was like, sorry, no reservation here and it was a restaurant in Venice on open table.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I feel like with having a bu as friends, figuring out what you're better at and how to delegate tasks and something, we're still maneuvering. So to hear that you guys the thing, like.
Speaker 6: It's good that if it's a good thing, if like you're you have slightly different interest or passion, like, it's good if one of you is better at something than the other, because that's what it's. It's your team, right, Someone's got one thing, someone can be good at the other thing, and there's obviously so many things that we do collaborate on like every single day and share that does just some jobs do seem to just naturally find themselves or sitting on each.
Speaker 4: Of our shoulders, if that do you?
Speaker 5: It takes time to figure it out, like yeah, can't put pressure on, like figuring it all out between the two of you and like your.
Speaker 1: Dynamic totally do you guys talk every single day? Like I'm just out of curiosity? Would there ever be a day that goes by that you're like spoken?
Speaker 5: Well sometimes but most days like there'll at least be a word in a group chat or you know something. But most of the time I was like, I'll see tomorrow, see tomorrow. I'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's so.
Speaker 7: I'll just have my quiet time in the evening.
Speaker 4: Yeah tomorrow, I'll see kids after this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's just so fun, like the tours.
Speaker 4: It's so fun.
Speaker 5: It really makes it really fun for us as well, because like it just gives us an excuse to like dress up and like we love matching, like we love a little coordination moment. Yeah, and then we love you know, getting a little picky. It just it just makes more of it because we could do it in joggers and like hoodies and be.
Speaker 4: Super comfy, and that would be that would be nice, wouldn't that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we like a moment because we can't sing and we can't dance, so we may as well have a cute out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have a least favorite thing about doing like live shows and tours and like a favorite thing as well?
Speaker 5: We love We always said like it is our favorite thing to do, like ever because it's you get like such.
Speaker 4: A weird high from it, like the dolphins.
Speaker 6: Well I think it's also just like something that we kind of feel like we shouldn't be allowed on this, Yes.
Speaker 7: Like always so great, just always blow.
Speaker 6: Our mind that like we can't sing, we can't dance, well we probably couldn't, but we.
Speaker 5: Get awakened dance, but not on the stage, Like we don't sing, we don't dance, We're not like we don't have like an act.
Speaker 6: So it is blows our mind that like we go on tour and we like people buy tickets and see us just talk on a stage.
Speaker 3: Totally it's so interesting.
Speaker 6: Feeling like this is so cool that we get to do this because it feels like we shouldn't be able to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we feel like that too.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Like girls will come up to us and be like, we love the podcast, and I'm like, you like to listen to me speak.
Speaker 1: It's obviously smaller scale, but yeah, it blows our minds every single time we organize something and like the tickets sell out, it's like people would pay money to hang out to hang like that's are we Yeah, so I can't even imagine how I feels. Yeah, absolutely, It's one of my favorite thing.
Speaker 5: And then getting to like see people in real life because our thing, like So said earlier, is like we just sit in that studio with Lucy and we don't even we have no concept of like people who listen, like because we don't check the listens, like we don't we can't dive into that.
Speaker 4: Others well, we might go in say like how many people listen to that? How many to that?
Speaker 5: So when like we see people in person and like at the shows, it's like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: We can't believe it would be. Do you know what sort of percentage of male listeners you have?
Speaker 7: It's got to be on pretty much nothing, but I do.
Speaker 4: I would actually say I have.
Speaker 6: Noticed more like in the in the emails we do.
Speaker 4: We are starting to get some men writing in.
Speaker 6: So fun, but I have noticed recently going back to like jobs usually the emails as mine, and I have noticed there's more men writing in. And it's like, oh, I listen to like guilty pleasure, like when my girlfriends advice about their girlfriend, and it's we love it so much, like we love a dilemma from a boy because it's like getting straight to the source.
Speaker 4: And real figuring out, like we just love it. The fact is actually emailed.
Speaker 2: And because you have so you have Brian for a boy, and you have Sarah for a girl, Helen for a girl.
Speaker 3: What's the other male's name that you guys.
Speaker 5: Use, so it'll be Brian Ryan and then Steven is usually the other guy or.
Speaker 4: Right, the other guy.
Speaker 3: And how did you come up with all of that?
Speaker 4: It just happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like we were just like, oh, well, let's just call us Sarah because in England, like Sarah is like a pretty like it's a common name for like girls out here, so that that would just be what came towards first.
Speaker 4: And then the Brian. I'm not sure where where we got that from.
Speaker 6: We just used to use like kind of like old man names. Yeah, people would in the early days, people would just email us and they'd be like insert name here, Like they wouldn't give us like a fake so we would just think of like, okay, well what if we say Josh and then his name is actually John. We would just think of, like, what's like old man names that aren't really like the probably about David Brian, like Paul and then Brian just kind of like stup.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're this is maybeing clueless. I thought when you said you were talking about Sophia, is Brian earlier? I thought the guy or whoever you're doing.
Speaker 2: So every time Sophia mentioned her partner, she calls him Brian.
Speaker 1: Right now because otherwise they'd be able to find him. So fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I love it now when girls are like, oh, this is my Brian, like so serious, so sweet, we love it.
Speaker 1: That would be.
Speaker 2: So there's a whole community of you of the Girl's Bathroom listeners, because you have Patreon as well, where you release episodes on month days as well, don't you do you have a Tuesday, Monday and Tuesday, and do you record them both on the same day?
Speaker 7: Not usually usually.
Speaker 4: We do Monday record and a Wednesday record. It's only if, like right now, we're trying.
Speaker 6: To get ahead, so we're pre recording a bit more, trying to get them in the bank for when we go to Australia. So sometimes we might but not usually usually we separate it.
Speaker 1: What is like a week in the life of you guys running the girls Bathroom kind of look.
Speaker 4: Like, so Monday's are Patreon days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we'll go into the studio on a Monday, love Patreon mondays.
Speaker 4: It always feels like a way more like chilled.
Speaker 6: I think we're way more chatty in our episode, Like we have like half an hour of small before we even get to the dilemmas, whereas on a Wednesday and we usually get to them quite quickly. Yeah, so Patreon has a nice different feel to it. It's a bit it feels like a little.
Speaker 1: A little group cute. And then Tuesday, Tuesday, So yeah, Tuesday.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Is always a pop Yeah. Do you just like do on Tuesdays or are you still running certain things for the podcast?
Speaker 4: Well right now because we're slightly busier because we've.
Speaker 5: Got Australia preps, So that's like so it's Tuesday today, so like we're going to go to the seamstress and get our dresses tailored, and then we're also blogging about the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're blogging. And then we try and post a YouTube video every Friday.
Speaker 6: So then like usually for like Thursday, Friday or like editing days for YouTube getting the YouTube up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we just try.
Speaker 6: We mainly do some podcast in YouTube video Modnday, Wednesday, Friday.
Speaker 4: I like our days.
Speaker 2: Because you also obviously are like big on social media as well. Do you do many like influencing events or like are you not that is not your scene?
Speaker 1: Like you're not interested in that.
Speaker 5: If it's a brand that we really love, then we'll definitely always go and support. But we tend to not really go to things as much as we used to. Yeah, because we don't really because we don't. We kind of we only have like two influencer friends and we just kind of keep it as that and we.
Speaker 4: Don't really verge out.
Speaker 7: I mean, really, our New Year's resolution should be to like and go out of our comfort zone a bit more and like make some friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're so used to just having I think because we always had each other, like doing events and stuff, Like we didn't really put as much emphasis on like making new friends like in the space because.
Speaker 4: We always just had each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think we are both like we're quite big, hard bodies, Like I don't want to go out on a Thursday night.
Speaker 7: I want to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like we've got our new hobbies now and we love being at home.
Speaker 4: How often do you guys record what's your week? Like? Yeah, good costume.
Speaker 2: We record once a week, so we have episodes every Tuesday. Sorry, I've forgotten we've been on a month break because it's obviously summer.
Speaker 1: Over here, bonness and everything. So this is actually our first episode back, So back with the Bang with you my Way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh wow, but.
Speaker 1: It's pretty Yeah, we record Tuesdays and we record a second episode like straight after it. So because we do go to a lot of events and we do do influencing as well as our jobs, so that probably takes up ninety nine percent of our week. So we kind of have Tuesday a sad as our podcast.
Speaker 5: So I feel like in London there's not even that many events. But maybe they've just stopped inviting us because we don't go.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I guess like it's so warm and it's summer and if the sun is shining, like that's that in itself is an excuse to go out, whereas totally actually it is actually sunny today, but you.
Speaker 1: Just keep looking outside with this sad us a point and look on your Yeah.
Speaker 4: There is actually a bit of blue sky, which is like a shark.
Speaker 2: So I feel like you guys are going to have sculpture shock when you get up the plane.
Speaker 3: It's so hot.
Speaker 2: Like you guys need to pack like bike shorts to walk off the plane.
Speaker 3: They change into them before you get Yeah, do you not wear the track is.
Speaker 1: Bring some thongs, some flip flops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might travel in my sandals, yeah, straight away.
Speaker 1: Put the socks off of the plane though, yeahs on the plane.
Speaker 3: Get the compression.
Speaker 7: Yeah, compression socks are important.
Speaker 4: We need to be moving.
Speaker 2: Around and you need that moisture. You need moisturizer. It's really dry.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you tried the the collagen face mask that like you leave on overnight.
Speaker 1: And then it's stars starsy baby doing that, the Kylie Jenner's best friend doing that the other day. It's the first time I've seen it, but she looks so glowy the next time.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the result.
Speaker 1: Can you get that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get it on Amazon. Talking about Amazon, have you the Molly May documentary?
Speaker 3: Have you watched it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've watched three episodes.
Speaker 6: For sure, a few times. But she's just like so lovely, so friendly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, she's very normal. Yeah do so. Well have you tried her fake down? It's really good. That's our favorite fake down.
Speaker 2: No, we have a big we like, there's a lot of Bondi sands here.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys have.
Speaker 2: Used it, but that's like the main we've got everyone users over here. Well, thank you girls so much for coming on. We are so excited to have you in Australia.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we can come to be one of your shows. Were like, well, we'll just add you on our little.
Speaker 4: Guest list that we try.
Speaker 3: I try to get tickets, but I was on a plane when it all happened.
Speaker 1: Shouted, But.
Speaker 4: Do you still have some tickets available for some of the dates.
Speaker 6: I think Melos, Sydney, Perth there's still some left because we did some venue upgrades.
Speaker 4: Also in New Zealand, Auckland, we have some alable to.
Speaker 1: Our listeners to go get tickets to the girls' bathroom. They're coming to Australia. So guys, it was honestly amazing to speak to you. Thank you so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having us. Honestly, and I know it's late for you, guys
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for coming on.