Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: We boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 2: He's in a trash bin.
Speaker 1: He's non recyclable, catching the muck.
Speaker 2: I love being love. I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, and I will be filling us all in on the goss from her vacation in Greece.
Speaker 4: I had such a great time. I can't wait to tell you guys all about it.
Speaker 2: All right, then give it a rest.
Speaker 4: I'll also be sharing my top tips on how to have a seamless holiday with your partner and how to handle spending so much time together.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned to hear whether their time in Greece made their relationship stronger or whether the cracks started to show.
Speaker 4: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This is your new go to destination for las gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Hello, So you just got off a plane from Greece. Welcome back. Are you happy to be home?
Speaker 4: I am, I'm feeling really jet lagged, Like I did not sleep well last night at all.
Speaker 2: But you said you sleep well on the planes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like I slept like nine hours on my thirteen and a half hour flight. If I want to sleep on a plane, I literally will hit the sack like that, like I'm just like out cold.
Speaker 2: That's a good skill to have.
Speaker 1: That's like no sleeping tablets.
Speaker 2: Nothing as well. Yeah, I literally can't sleep on a plane. I'm restless hours.
Speaker 3: I remember on the flight home from Fiji, actually you were out like a light and I was taking selfies.
Speaker 1: Of it because I was resting my head on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Bind you though we had had that much red wine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got drug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got smashed on the plane home from this.
Speaker 4: Just to like keep everyone up to date, this was when me and that finished Love Island. We went home together because we were both from Melbourne, so we were sitting beside each other and.
Speaker 1: We had not been allowed to drink like more.
Speaker 4: Than one drink I think at a time in weeks, in like eight weeks of filming. And then we literally got on the plane and we were like keep the red ones roll.
Speaker 3: Even come and keep ringing them in and then and then I remember you spilt it everywhere with that drunk we knocked it over.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's fun. Act How fun was that? Yeah, I'll try.
Speaker 3: I'll post one of those, one of those photos actually so people can see you passed out. So yeah, you can sleep on a plane. But like I said to you on the phone before, I've never had jet lag, So I don't know what it's like.
Speaker 2: What does it feel like?
Speaker 4: But you've been to the UK multiple times? How have you not had jet lags?
Speaker 3: I think my body is just so hearty to that, like, yeah, it just knows what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I've never had it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's impressive. I mean I try really.
Speaker 4: Hard because like I sleep for the right amount of time, But I don't know. I think it's on the way back that the jet lag is way worse. Like on the way there, I'm excited to be on holiday. I'm just like you know, like you have a few drinks at night, you like slide into that time zone very easily.
Speaker 1: But on the way home, I'm just like horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, once I put my retainer in for bed, I'm all lights out.
Speaker 2: My head hits the feeler like you're on a plane.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you need.
Speaker 4: To put your retainer in on the plane and then you'll like knock yourself out.
Speaker 2: Good thought pattern. Actually, but how am I supposed to talk to people with a retainer? And if someone like tries to wake me up or something.
Speaker 1: Like, they do not disturb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's looked like you had a nice a nice trip, and I'm not talking about that one at the of your reel where you fell over.
Speaker 2: Can I talk to that through that first?
Speaker 4: You haven't seen that, guys, Head to my Instagram page and a Macavoyd twenty one and you can literally see me shout out to myself. You can literally see me fully stack it. It was so funny because we were in Paris. It was like the most beautiful place in the world, Like, literally today my favorite place I've ever been. So if you're going to grease hot tip, head to Paros. Put it on the list. You've seen the video. It was like literally this wet concrete by the ocean. The water was like coming over onto this concrete and I was like, I need the perfect timing for the perfect shot, for the perfect Instagram reel, and Michael's like, I feel like this is a really bad idea. Like, I don't think we should do this, and I was like no, no, no, no, no, it'll be fine. Did it once looked at the video, I was like, I can do it better. He's like, babe, this is a bit dangerous.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you want to do crashing on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So you have to.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I'm only going to do this twice, and then I was like, okay, round two, let's go.
Speaker 1: Literally as soon as my.
Speaker 2: Foot hit because I was like hit.
Speaker 4: The concrete, I just fully went like ice skate sliding.
Speaker 1: But in saying that, I caught myself.
Speaker 4: Really well, Like if you look at the video, think it's because I'm so clumsy that I'm so good at catching myself full because I'm so used to stacking it.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: The best bit about the video was well, the worst bit for me was when your knee like jarred. I was like, oh, I kept slowing down watching that. But was how you just try to walk it off like nothing had happened. But nah, that's all good.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't like nothing had happened.
Speaker 4: I was just like I was like a deer in headlights. I was like running from my life. I was like, get me.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: Did it hurt? Did it hurt?
Speaker 4: Though? Yeah, Like my knee was like so sore because it I don't know if you can see how bad I smash it, but I really fucking smashed my knee against that concrete.
Speaker 1: And then I was having dinner after and I was like.
Speaker 4: Let's keep keep the red ones flowing because I was getting like shooting pains down my lower back.
Speaker 2: But it's okay now, though, It's all good now.
Speaker 4: I woke up the next day and I, you know, we had the video memory to laugh it off, and I was totally fine about it.
Speaker 2: So tell us a bit more about your grease holiday. Did you enjoy it? What was the best bit of it? Tell us all, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, we I don't know if you guys know this, but I went to Greece for a wedding. So we went to zach Andhos for a wedding. The wedding was stunning in the most picture perfect location. I hadn't met any of Michael's friends. A lot of them were from London from when he lived there, so it was really nice to meet all of them. And like, me and Michael just had so much fun at the wedding. He was like, it's really like good to see that. My friends like really love you. Just like cements how I feel about you. So that was really cute. So yeah, we had like so much fun. We also had a christening, like they had a wedding, but the people who were getting married they had a baby who they wanted to get christened there, so we had a christening there. So there was lots of fun activities. We kind of did a lot of exploring of that island, and then we also explored a few of the other islands. From recommendations from my Instagram, the most recommended place to go was Paros, and it did not disappoint. It was incredible. But also Athens, Like I loved Athens. I mean, to go to Greece, I think the easiest way is to fly Melbourne to Athens. And so Athens was kind of like this place that we were like stopping over it and I was kind of like like whatever, it's going to be like average, like we'll stay there for a couple of nights. But it was amazing, like just even saying.
Speaker 1: The history there, history doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And just like exploring these like incredible historical like what's what's what's.
Speaker 1: Pathy?
Speaker 2: What empire ruled there or something didn't they?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're here to talk about We're not here to talk about from history. Want a history podcast, Jump on another one, not this one. But I know something that you do know about the food? How is the food?
Speaker 4: I think I ate like my body weight and tetsiki, like every single day we had it olive like the meats there we divide octopus.
Speaker 1: Loved the octopus. Has had so much octopus?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like no, no, I've had octopus my family, my close family friends, they're Greek, so they have octopus ing that.
Speaker 1: It's unreal, It's unreal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the euros three three You know what a euros is? You don't know what a euros is. It's just like a seuvlaki kind of thing, like the Greek souvlaki with like they have fries in it.
Speaker 2: Oh, is that what it's called? Yeah, euros, Yeah, called it a euros.
Speaker 4: That's the Greeks called it a euros and it was like so good, a three euro fifty. If you're going to Greece and you want to have a cheap meal, that's like your go to it was so good.
Speaker 2: So how was Michael and his motherland.
Speaker 4: Oh, he was in his element, Like obviously Michael's mom is Greek and speaks Greek. His yeah, Ya speaks like obviously she is Greek and her first language is Greek and speaks mainly Greek. He can speak a little bit, but he was like through, Yeah, he was fully pulling out the big one. Like he was like at one point he started talking to this woman in Greek when we were shopping, and he only knows the basics, and then she started trying to have a full conversation with.
Speaker 1: Him, and he just saw absolutely lose it.
Speaker 4: He was like, I have no idea what you're talking about, and he's just like nodding his head and then he like go back to the words that he knew. It was so funny, but he was great, and like the Greek people were loving that he was like trying at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I found when I lived in Italy, if I tried to speak Italian, they would actually appreciate it. Yeah, even though I had the most Australian accent on the end of it, they still appreciated that I was trying to say chow better.
Speaker 4: Grazzi because that's Italian somewhat. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my grandma's half Italian, so I've somewhat Italian in yes, and he's got a pin I've got something in there, like a little bit of it. So I famed that when I was in Italy, but not enough to survive when speaking Italian. Yeah, So who did mostly organizing for your because I've been away with you and Michael, and neither of you are very organizational on trips, So who did.
Speaker 2: Most of it?
Speaker 4: I mean, look, Michael is actually really good. But what we did is so I'm gonna say Michael, not me. I'm like very like carefree, go with the flow, whatever happens.
Speaker 2: I'll just tell you that we flew into Sydney. Jen.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend was shook by this. We're getting on a flight and and I still hadn't booked her accommodation for our trip to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the thing is is, like, what's the rule? The rule is book flights early and book accommodation late, because that's like the cheapest.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I haven't heard that.
Speaker 3: I'd like to have everything organized as well, like me and general sitting there, like keep getting a secondhand anxiety from you because of that.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, on the so when we went to Greece, we were there for two weeks and that we left the last four days totally free because we were like, if we love somewhere and want to go back, we want to be open to do that. If like we get amazing recommend days whilst there, we want to be free to do that. So we kind of did that in Greece as well, like we had the day before the last four days we had no idea, like we kind of knew where we were going, but we hadn't booked anything. So that's when we ended up doing Paros, and then we ended up going back to Athens for one last night because we loved it there, so like let's just you know. And also this hotel in Athens which is called Cocoa Matt b C, which has a beautiful pool on the rooftop and also the most incredible view of the Acropolis.
Speaker 2: Was there many Australians over there, everyone traveling, So I thought you'd just say people saw you.
Speaker 4: There was a few Australians mainly in Paris, but I reckon there was so many Americans in Greece, like so many yeah, I think a lot of like the Melbourne Melbourne people and like Melburn's did deciders are in Mikinos. Okay, we didn't go to Mickinoths because we had been before and we were kind of like, you know what, we've done it, we've been there, Like we want to see new places, and like I don't really feel like going and seeing everyone I know from Melbourne in Greece like I want to. I don't know, there's something great about being far away and knowing that you're not going to see someone. But yeah, that night in Parros, like so, me and Michael went to like one of the most popular restaurants there. I think it's called like Barbarosa or something incredible food, and like so many people like took random videos of us whilst we're like eating, like you like.
Speaker 2: Eating with your mouth open or dropping food out of your mouth. Imagine that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, later on me and Michael had like a small like bickering argument, like thinking we're like in this country where no one knows us, and like it's gonna swipe straight under the rug and we're never going to talk about it again. And then the next morning I wake up to all of these videos of me and Michael, and I'm like, fuck, I hope no one saw that argument, not that one anyway.
Speaker 2: Well on that, What was the hardest about traveling with your partner for so long just in each other's pockets?
Speaker 4: Oh, like me and Michael spend a lot of time together already, Yeah, because obviously we lived together. But yeah, like, I guess it's always hard when you go on a trip with anyone for you know, two weeks straight, three weeks straight, however long it is, because you're just together twenty four seven And if you love your me time, you kind of don't get that unless you really make a concerted effort to get it.
Speaker 1: And we didn't make any me time.
Speaker 4: So they did get to a point in the trip where we had an argument one night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like, yeah.
Speaker 4: These things happen, like you know, I guess, like everyone argues, and you know, we had a bit of a bit of an argument on our holiday, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So let's talk about that next, all right, So you guys had a lovely trip. You guys had some amazing memories, but you had a little arguments here and there. Do you want to explain to us how they started and what happens.
Speaker 4: Oh, Like we had like a small argument, but then we had one big argument. For the rest of the time, we literally had like the best holiday ever, but there was an argument.
Speaker 1: It sounds so silly to say it. I'm going to just tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, details out.
Speaker 4: So I haven't actually told that this. This is like the first time you're hearing this as well. Oh okay, So yeah, So basically, me and Michael have obviously been on a few trips now, Like we went to.
Speaker 1: Thailand at the start of the year, we went to Bali.
Speaker 4: And then obviously we had the Grease trip and like, since I mentioned me and Michael were going to go to Greece, specifically Santorini because it's like the Island of Love and like you know, it's a very romantic place. Literally, so many of my Instagram followers, and not just my Instagram followers but also my family and friends were kind of like, he's.
Speaker 1: Going to propose. We think he's going to propose.
Speaker 4: Get ready, get excited, da da da da da, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I was guilty of this as well.
Speaker 3: I did ask you before you left if you thought he was going to But in my defense, I did reply to one of your stories. You did say cheers to us, and I replied with like a ring question mark, naturally, like if anyone's going to think that's what it meant, I feel like, do you reckon? How many people reply to that saying that.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so let me just reverse you for it, because you saying that is actually part of my story.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, keep going, then I'll let you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So people literally from the moment I said we were going to Greece, we're planting the seeds in my head that Michael's going to propose this is it? Da da da, And even Michael to a certain degree, like we're obviously deeply in love. We love each other. It's been eleven months. It's coming up to our one year anniversary, so it hasn't even been a full year. It's almost been a year, but not white and like obviously, like we would love to get engaged, and we will eventually, but I think those little seeds that were getting planted kind of got my hopes up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Naturally, you're only a woman, you're in love.
Speaker 3: You're only a woman in love life, meaning like you're in love and like you know, I don't blame you. Everyone everyone's like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like everyone was thinking and literally from the moment I landed in Greece, I was getting like I'm gonna say if I'm being really honest and realistic, like at least twenty people a day in my dms were like ring.
Speaker 1: Did he propose?
Speaker 4: Even to the point where if I started posting stories like halfway through my trip and apparently I was hiding my left finger apparently, and people were like, there's a ring on there. If you look at my photos in Santorini, someone zoomed in on my ring finger and there's like a blur on my ring finger and someone was like, you've edited out the ring. Like this is constant, like every time I opened my Instagram, like this was getting fed through my ear. So like obviously there's like two to three percent.
Speaker 1: Who am I kidding? Like maybe twenty percent where I'm like maybe he will propose.
Speaker 4: No, like twenty no, Because me and Michael actually had a chat where he was like, Babe, like I just want you to know, like this is just a holiday, Like I love you, we love each other, but like.
Speaker 2: Was this before you left?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Before we left? He was like, I'm not proposing, and I was like, okay, he's not proposing. Like but then I was like, oh, but if he was proposing, he'd probably say that because he wouldn't want to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it's very confusing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course that's getting all through just ye getting the secondhand embarrassed. This's a pretty embarrassing story to tell, but like, you know what, fuck it, we have a podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna be open and honest anyway.
Speaker 4: So like obviously, like all of these things are happening, and then we get to Santorini, the place that everyone on Instagram, including my family and friends, thinks I'm going to get proposed to, and Michael and me are like having this most amazing dinner, watching the sunset, drinking wine, like literally loving life. And then Michael made this comment and he was like I was talking to like one of my friends at the wedding and he like said to me, like, oh, you're going to propose. And I was like no, and I was like okay, oh okay, and then he and then he was like oh and then like I asked, my friend, are you going to propose? And he was like gave me this weird look, and it made me think, like, is he going to propose anyway? From that conversation, I was like in a half, I was like, oh fine, I didn't want to be proposed to anyway.
Speaker 1: Here it's a cliche.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Yeah, I kick out. I love it.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I I was just like a bit like I wasn't giving him the silent treatment, but I was a bit like kind of like hurt me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my heart, yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's be ho.
Speaker 3: I start twenty percent. You said before it was more like forty five to fifty.
Speaker 4: No, no, I reckon it was forty five to fifty before he like literally sat me down and was like, babe, I'm not going to propose, Like I just want to be upfront.
Speaker 3: And then like you said, that's classic diversion, isn't that what somebody say?
Speaker 4: That very confusing, Like the brain can play some serious tricks on you anyway. Then Michael was kind of like noticed that I was like, not like myself. And then he's like, what's wrong, da da da, And I was like I didn't like the way in that story you told before when your friend asked you if you're going to propose to me that you were like no, and he was like I didn't say no. I said no, I'm not because I'm not. And then I was like, oh, so you don't want to. And then it got into this like weird fight where we literally like started like it was getting like a bit flat up, like it got a bit like heated, and then I got quite upset.
Speaker 1: To be kill me, and I was just like this is fucked.
Speaker 4: Like I'm literally in the most beautiful place on the planet with the person I love, and I'm letting all of these external things like feed into my mind and like confuse me and like make me think that like this is the moment when like I'm happy in my relationship. I was in a relationship for six years and like we literally didn't speak about like engagement or anything until like the last year, and I think it's just because like everyone's like feeding this stuff into my ear. So anyway, I went silent on social media for twenty four hours, and the last thing I posted was.
Speaker 1: Me doing a cheers with Michael.
Speaker 4: In Santorini, where I said cheers to us, and that was before this big fight blew up. And obviously, like I want to keep it real on social media, but like it it was kind of like a personal topic, and like I didn't want to make people feel bad for asking because obviously they're excited of the like prospect of maybe him proposing, and like, yeah, like I definitely fed into it, and I should have been like more like guys, like this isn't happening, and like I just want to enjoy my holiday, which I mean I did say at one point, but anyway, I'm getting off track. Anyway, we did the cheers with the champagne glasses. I said cheers to us. The flight broke out, and then I woke up to a message from that in the morning, and it was the ring emoji, the engagement ring emoji with the question mark, And I was like.
Speaker 2: Should I trigger you again?
Speaker 1: You've re triggered me?
Speaker 3: Well, what am I supposed to think? What's anyone's supposed to think when that that was posted there?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know that we're coupled in love on holiday, like you know what I mean, We've only been together for a year, and like obviously there's like a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Did that spark around to my message? No?
Speaker 4: Well, I just like shown Michael the phone, and I was like, look.
Speaker 1: Look, I think it was.
Speaker 4: It was a really eye opening experience to me because after that, like after your message, and then we like got over that, we kind of put drew a line under it. I spoke to one of my friends and she was just like, Babe, you're with like the love of your life.
Speaker 1: You both love each other. It's been a year.
Speaker 4: Ye, Like yes, there's like external bullshit like kind of like putting a dampener on your parade, but you're literally in Greece, like enjoy it, have fun, like yeah, like let's not like like wait for the moment to happen, like it will happen when it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Does Michael feel a lot of pressure with everyone saying that and you're cracking it and all that sort of stuff, Like does he now feel pressure around it?
Speaker 4: I think that Michael already felt pressure around it. Like if you go to his Instagram and like literally like in the comment section, there's always like when you're proposing, what are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 4: Now DM him as well, like he gets his own like little like other messages now where he's getting constantly us. So I think he definitely feels a lot of pressure, and that's the last thing that.
Speaker 1: I want for him.
Speaker 4: Like I only want someone to propose to me if they want to do it, like, not because there's any level of pressure on them. And like, you know, I think as well, because like Michael's thirty four, about to turn thirty four, I'm thirty. I think people think that things should move quicker, and like our relationship has moved so quick already, Like we moved in with him four months. We're very happy, and like, you know, I just want it to be real because like we had an amazing trip in Greece, but I think that kind of did dampen it for about twenty four hours for us in Santorini. And like on top of that, like everyone's getting fucking pro posed to in Santorini, so like we're having this.
Speaker 2: Fight where people getting proposed in front of your.
Speaker 4: Constantly every night, every fucking night, And I was just is someone actually taking the piss out of me? Because it fucking feels like it. And then on top of that, there's also like I don't know if you've seen them in Santorini, there's these like engagement photo shoots that they do where women wear like the big long dresses and they're like flowing in the wind.
Speaker 2: I have not seen that algorithm.
Speaker 4: So we're like walking down the street and there's like people doing like fake like engagement shoots like oh my god, I said yes, like showing the ring, and I'm just like, this is a piss take, Like this is actually a pisteke. So look, if you're wanting to get proposed to, my recommendation is don't go to Santorini because it's.
Speaker 1: Just fucking in your face, wow, annoying.
Speaker 3: Well on that, my sister got actually got engaged.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Congratulations to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, congratulations to Lara and Jayden, but the same sort of thing. So we caught up with her one last time to get some lunch, Me and my sister and my mom. We all had lunch before she left, and we're in the car and she was like, oh, none of my friends have like nagging to get my nails done. She's like, I guess Jada's not proposing then, and.
Speaker 2: We're all just like sitting in the car. They were all in the car like oh, and then she goes, well, that's kind of a relief, Like now I can just enjoy my trip and I don't feel like like I have to worry about that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he ended up proposing to her in Positano, so in Italy, and they really romantic, So congratulations to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congrats to them. But they've been together for how long?
Speaker 2: Eight years? Seven years?
Speaker 1: At exactly like that.
Speaker 4: I think it was it was due and I think, like they're such a gorgeous couple.
Speaker 3: The same thing happened though before Jaden proposed. At the table next to him were a couple of cross He got down on one knees.
Speaker 2: And he was like, well, shit, I can't do it here sort of thing. So then they went for a walk, so.
Speaker 4: The place that he had picked out to propose, someone already did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're like what I mean, it's just too much.
Speaker 3: And then they made like a massive deal of it as well, like the waiters and everything. And then, like she said, she knew something was that, like he was acting weird, like you could tell couldn't sit still before they went for dinner, before or after the couple probably yeah, it probably got.
Speaker 2: Even worse than well.
Speaker 4: I like, let's let's think about it in your situation Matt, like when you asked Jen to be your girlfriend, you were shitting brick.
Speaker 2: I was wigging out, And she even said that to me, like you're fully.
Speaker 4: Wigging, Like imagine if you were getting down on one knee, you would be.
Speaker 3: She's actually said that to me. She goes like, I'm like, if you ever do get down on one knee, can you like please not make.
Speaker 2: It so obvious what you're about to do?
Speaker 3: Even when I said the big illy to her, like I was fucking wigging, Like I was like like starting sentences, are not finishing.
Speaker 4: Just going around and said you wouldn't know you had a relationship podcast together.
Speaker 3: Nothing gets you ready for that, like you know what I mean. You go through it in your head and then you get there and it's just still like you know what they're going to say, but you're still just yeah, so weird about it.
Speaker 4: Well, like, speaking of Jen, she's about to turn thirty. Is she have you guys spoken about a ring? Is she wanting a ring?
Speaker 3: Well, we've been under clear instructions from her sister that she Jen can't get a ring until she does.
Speaker 2: So why is that She's been with her partner now for like six seven years.
Speaker 1: Right, So she's like, I deserve.
Speaker 2: To go first.
Speaker 3: I'll joke about it sometimes, Like I remember the other day I sat down when Jen wasn't there and I said, now that she's not here, like I'm looking at doing it here.
Speaker 2: And then he was like absolutely, no fucking way. And I'm like, I know, I'm just joking.
Speaker 1: It's triggering.
Speaker 2: Triggering.
Speaker 1: She's like, maybe you should talk to her boyfriend and be like, hey, can you get a rig along? Well, okay, you're in no rush.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean no, I'm in nor whish. I just yeah, I'm not going to let them dictate anyway.
Speaker 2: If if he holds up for another two to three years and I'm read to go, I'm going to do it. So I do what I want. Yeah, I do what I want. I'm not going to Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Okay, Well, look, let's talk about the top tips on how to vacation with a partner. It can be tricky.
Speaker 4: You're spending a lot of time together, so let's talk about that next. Okay, Matt, it's always a huge deal to go on holiday with your partner. The first tip we have for our where's your Head Out listeners is if you are in a new relationship, start with a short weekend away before you're booking a huge international getaway, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you want to sussy out the person before you go away, what they're like when they're on holiday. But in saying that, Genevieve and myself had booked Byron before we were even official, would be hanging out for like four weeks and then like the borders and everything, we're opening. So she's like, do you want to go away? I'm like, yeah, fuck it, I haven't been away in like two years, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Was that out both of our first troops with.
Speaker 3: Our partner, Yeah, yeah, And then you guys were Yochi and you guys were like, oh, we're planning on going to Buyer and we're like, well, let's cross it over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we crossed it over for like two days so you can have like a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of a trip away together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was cute.
Speaker 2: So in saying that, like it just sussy out what they're like, like.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I mean like, yeah, I think that.
Speaker 4: I think the most important thing is is like if you haven't traveled with someone and you don't also live with them, you actually haven't spent like a large amount of time together. When you're on holiday, you're with someone twenty four seven.
Speaker 3: Mind you though, Jen and I had been in like lockdown together, so like we've spent long times together in each other's back yeah pucket for a long time.
Speaker 4: But in a normal situation where you haven't spent like long periods of time together, maybe a weekend away is a better starting point.
Speaker 2: And who doesn't love and who doesn't love a weekend away as well a little staycation?
Speaker 1: Exactly? We love a stay case.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The next one is make sure you both agree on the destination and the expectations of the type of holiday. Yeah, so that means are you going for a relaxing time sightseeing or is it just a straight out party vibe and you both want to let loose on this holiday.
Speaker 4: I think setting those expectations is a big one. Like I went on holiday with our producer Amber when we were a bit younger, and I'm like, I used to be a party girl and she is like an R and.
Speaker 1: R like type of gallex there'd you go? She like Bali.
Speaker 4: We were in Bali together and she was like, you know, she likes the rest and relaxation.
Speaker 1: She likes the massages.
Speaker 4: So what we did on our trip to like equalize it is we do one R and R day and we do one party night, one R and R day, one party night, and it was actually great. Like, as long as you're both on the same page and everyone's getting out of the holiday what they want, then it works.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: The next one is try avoiding drama at all costs. A way that you can do this is just being prepared and ready to compromise.
Speaker 3: So that means not booking your accommodation after you've landed, like Ana macavoid us jeez. But if you think you can get away, that you can, and then how about it just a room opening up. You had you booked one night and then the room opened up for the next night. Remember what's that when we went to Sydney, So you only had one night in the hotel with us, and then by sheer luck things.
Speaker 1: Work out for me, Like I don't put too much pressure on it. Look, the thing.
Speaker 4: Is is like, yeah, you can be super prepared and you can have a fucking itinery ready to go, But like, also, how fun is it not knowing? It's part of the excitement. Of traveling nah me and that traveled differently. So we're just going to agree to disagree. But one thing that we do agree on is compromise. So there's no point in being the person who's going to be like mister ride or missus ride all the time and like, you know, not being willing to kind of like move you point just to be right.
Speaker 1: I think that's an important point.
Speaker 3: Well, you're on holiday, like you guys can both do what you want to do, make like you said with am, but do both things so you're all enjoying it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, compromise is key, and I think if you're in a relationship, not just on holiday you need to compromise, but especially on holiday, you need to compromise.
Speaker 3: All right, try new things out together, So like aim to create new romantic memories together. So like I mean one, for instance, would be jenn and I when we went away, Like it doesn't even have to be forced, Like we just had a nice time in the swimming pool together and like she put up a TikTok and she's like, this is my new favorite memory.
Speaker 1: Together because it was so cute. I loved that. That was really sweet. Who filmed that?
Speaker 2: By the way, her sister Nikki. But if you saw in my story, we set up my phone as a set like on selfie record, like hands free, and we were like swimming around trying to get this video of us like coming out of the water together kissing, and I kept saying, oh, that's going to fall because it was only resting on a beer can. I'm like, that's a fall, that's going to fall, and kept doing it and then it just falling.
Speaker 3: The best thing about that video is I dive down to pick it off and I miss, and then you have to go and then you see Jen go there it is, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: Pick it up.
Speaker 4: That was a cute moment though, yeah, like very cute, unplanned, but like look for those moments and even try to make some with your partner that your partner isn't ready for as well.
Speaker 2: I can make it more romange.
Speaker 4: Like me, I went on a hike with Michael and Athens, even though I'm not like a big hiker, but I knew, I knew it made him happy, and when we got up to the top, it was actually not as bad as I had anticipated and it was actually fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even that reminds me as well. Jen and I went on a hiking Byron and it's actually pinned on her Instagram. She said it's her favorite memory is the photo of us up there because it was really romantic.
Speaker 2: Ku.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cute.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So the next one and I tried to remove from this list, but I said, Jen and I do it, so it's really cute. Buy a souvenir together that you can look back on at your time spent. So like we've bought like on one trip, we've got like a horseshoe. On another trip, she's got like this butterfly. We've just got that cute stuff that we put up around our room that we can remember holidays by.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: Me and Michael got an evil eye bracelet.
Speaker 3: We've you know what I else we started to do as well, which is a cute thing as well. We've got a jar and if we pop like a champagne, like a nice champagne, I keep the cork and I write the date and what it was from and we put it into the jar.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like who thought of that?
Speaker 3: I did when we went away for my birthday, Like they popped champagne and the thing I was like, I'll take that and I've written like the fourth of July dinner for my birthday.
Speaker 1: That's so c oh my god.
Speaker 4: That reminds me I have not given you your birthday present. Fuck, how long has it been? I need to keep the podcast up today about when you actually get this birthday present. I was literally meant to give it to you before I left.
Speaker 2: I've completely forgotten about that.
Speaker 4: I'd completely forgotten about it until you just took out your birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, I look forward to receiving that there.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll give it to you on the podcast so you can open it here everyone listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, note to self the next one.
Speaker 4: The next one is make sure you spend time apart on your holiday, Like being with anyone twenty four to seven is a big ask, even if you are the most compatible people like I reckon, I couldn't find anyone who's more compatible to me than Michael is. And even like when we had that fight, especially it really dawned on me that I didn't have enough, like I hadn't had any me time. Yeah, and even like we ended up like taking some space from each other. We spent an hour apart, like collected our thoughts and then came back together, and even just having that hour apart where I could like really process things myself and just even just like I literally in that hour, like I spent some time thinking, but then I just went on my phone and just like chilled out and like did some meat things, like it made such a difference years.
Speaker 3: Here's a hypothetical thing for you. An our meantime would be so much nicer if it's just you guys going apart from each other, being like I just want an hour away, like we can go, like go for a walk, go for a run, train, do what you want to do, would be so much nicer than if you've argued and then taking.
Speaker 2: That hour apart, because actually the hour apart.
Speaker 3: Can feel so much more lonely and so much more daunting and anxiety ridden if you've had an argument then spending it. So be proactive and take that hour apart before it turns forced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like fun fact for everyone who's listening, because I know this, but not everyone knows. When that has an argument with someone, he literally cannot stand having time apart, like he.
Speaker 1: Needs to immediately fix it.
Speaker 4: So I can just see it in your eyes, You're like.
Speaker 3: No, No, that hour and hour apart would go for literally like a fucking year. I did eything would be running for my mind. I just can't do it. I can't do it. I honestly can't. You know, when we arguing that I just can't do it, I need to fucking nut it out there.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, I'm the same, like I do prefer to but I think because it was a bigger argument, I did actually appreciate the alone time and then I was like, Okay, I'm ready for him to come back.
Speaker 2: Where is it all right?
Speaker 3: The next one is don't spend too much time on your phone. Absolutely obviously you're there trying to get memories, trying to get photos, but like it does, everyone says that these days, live in the moment and live in that moment with your partner. Yeah, that's where memories are created.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think for me and Michael, we kind of like it wasn't really a rule, but it was just something that we did when we were away, Like when we would get to dinner for the first like ten minutes, if there was like a sunset or whatever, we'd like take photos and then we literally put our phones down for the rest of the time, like.
Speaker 3: It's a massive jen And I do that as well when we go out for dinners, like obviously, like there's the content I have to get because I'm obviously working or what on and so forth, like I have to get the photos in that. But then after that, like no messages replied or just takes away from what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You're constantly on silent mode. I'm like, nah, this isn't a constant mode that you can be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you've figured out the way of notifying me even though it's on dn D.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, notify anyway. I'm like, what the Fuck'm like, this motherfucker is always on silent mode.
Speaker 1: I can't always be that.
Speaker 2: That is me caught out. Don't plan a holiday together when you're on the rocks.
Speaker 3: So don't do like a spontaneous holiday like oh, this is going to get us back together, like we're going to go on a nice holiday. You can't put a band aid over it. Like, if you're on the rocks and you're arguing here or away, you're still going to be there.
Speaker 4: Don't try and save the relationship. Don't just except where you're at.
Speaker 3: Don't buy a puffy don't. Don't like going on a holiday together is sort of the same. You're just going to argue in a different state or different different location.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another one, let's try to budget according to someone who maybe isn't earning as much, because I think there's a lot of pressure when you go on holiday to kind of like meet the other person's expectations and like, yeah, like it's great to do like you know, nice dinners here and there, but like don't feel like you always have to do that. Like two nights on our holiday, me and Michael, we went out for a few drinks and we just like bought a euros and like had Euroses in bed and watched a movie like.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the same with that, like Jen and I. I'm lucky that she will actually use the same like want to do that sort of stuff as well. It doesn't all have to be like really expensive restaurants and that, yeah, because I'm not a fine food eater. Really like to me, it's like just feed me. It's a I enjoy like a great feed, like love it.
Speaker 2: But I'm real easy going, like I would just do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like even like when we were in Santorini.
Speaker 4: We like I think in Paris as well, Like we went out to like the bottle sharp bought like a four yeuro wine. It was beautiful and just like drank by the pool with our own wine. Like you know, like I think there's definitely ways that you can save money. I don't think we need to be like you know what I mean, for the money, flash it out and like you know, if you come back a little with a little bit more coin in your bank account, you're both probably going to be a bit happier.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and you've had a great time there as well. Still you dot doesn't all need to be extravagant memories, that's right. Be prepared for some small arguments and the main thing is to be able to work through them and get through it in a kind way. So like it's no different if you're away or if you're here, Like, just come to some sort of conclusion that's not going to ruin your trip.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more. Matt.
Speaker 4: I saw that you actually went away on a little mini vak when I was in Greece, So we're going to talk about that next, okay, Matt.
Speaker 1: So towards the end of my troop.
Speaker 4: I saw that you went on a bit of a romantic getaway with Jen and I think her sisters were their Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So we went to just Pass Lawn. It was just like really nice Airbnb. So this had been planned before my time.
Speaker 1: So what do you mean before your time?
Speaker 2: So before I started dating Jen.
Speaker 3: So this was a wedding present from Jen and her sister to their old their older sister Sam and Michael. So they were all going to go on a trip.
Speaker 1: So this is with Jen's X was supposed to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was probably supposed to be honest, So I've just I've just slid.
Speaker 3: Like fuck, yeah, hey guys. So I'm just happy to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a really nice It was really romantic. So, like I said the video before, was like really romantic. I had some us time while we're still there because the property was huge and there's like fire pit up in the corner, like different rooms everywhere, like in the pool. So it was really nice to get away and spend that time for a couple of nights away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pool looked beautiful. I was like wow to go there.
Speaker 2: There was no PJ pool, but I still got the job done.
Speaker 4: Jason Matt's dad's pool company for anyone who's not around that. Okay, So I have a question. It was obviously super beautiful you were there with her sisters and their partners. But yeah, I want to know, do you guys have any arguments on your little getaway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we had a an argument. Yeah, it was more or less like I'll set the tone. Jen obviously is really excited for this weekend. She's it's been canceled over and over him for like two years. But my mate just went through a breakup. So we were leaving early the Sunday morning, and he wanted to meet up with us all on the Saturday night and have drinks and like you know, chat to him about the.
Speaker 1: Breakup, drink his sorrows away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So to that, so I've gone out, met up with him. We've had a pretty reality night. I ended up walking in the door at four am. One thing she said was don't be hungover for tomorrow. I was hungover. She in all due respect to Jen, she was very good about it, like woke up, giving me back tickles, had Panada already for me.
Speaker 1: Got me like the life of luxury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like she was really understanding about She knew that I had to go out and see my best mate, so she was like real like looking after me. And then we got in the car. So and naturally she is irritable. And when I'm hungover, I'm very vocal about being hungover. So it's a two and a half hour drive. I normally drive. I know she doesn't like driving the whole way.
Speaker 2: I'm like, ah, I didn't complain sleeping on and off, and she's just like annoyed because the one thing she asked for me was don't be hungover, So she was annoyed about that.
Speaker 3: That set the tone for the rest of the trip, and she should be annoyed. I give her like I said that, like, she should be annoyed. Then the rest of the trip, we're going good. Until everyone's been drinking a little bit. We're having a bit. Drinks were flowing, and we had Mexican and if everyone's up to date with TikTok, we did the tortilla challenge.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Can just see where this is going already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Nicki and Murph went first. It was all right, I can't remember who spat their water out. One of them did, and then I was like, all right, I'll go with gen So.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 3: At the best of times, I'm pretty rough with my partner Jen.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty rough, like she'll say to me.
Speaker 3: She'll be like, you got to remember, I'm just like I'm a dainty girl, like I'm pretty like when I hug like, I'm pretty like I'm a big sixty.
Speaker 4: Five five Sorry, yeah, I'm six five and three quarters. He's six six. He doesn't know his strength, yea, what you're kind of getting. So I'm getting at so like all the time she said to me, you're too rough for me. You're too rough for me. Like I'll lift her up, put her in like wrestling holes and all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: I'll pretend to wrestling puncher, you know what I'm like. And then he's nuts. Yeah, So we get the water in our mouth and do the papers rock. I get the first slap. It's not anything thing. I hit her with a tortilla, so good, she gets the next one. I like put my head for like willingly like to take the tortilla.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Mind you, these totillas had already been in the oven, so they weren't just like soft tortillas. They had a bit of behind it.
Speaker 1: So she slapped you in the face with the tortilla. Your tilla tilla. Yeah, how did he say it?
Speaker 4: Tortilla, tortilla, tomato tomatoes, I guess, continue with tatilla.
Speaker 2: And then the next one, I got to hit her with a totilla.
Speaker 3: So she has the mouthful of water and I don't know, I got a little bit carried away and I swung and it was a combination of the totilla being hard, me hitting too hard, and just the most perfect connection on her cheek that it's gone. Just then I've laughed because it's actually like connected her and I've gone spat my water everywhere like all over her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was safe to say that she wasn't She wasn't too impressed by that, so fair enough. So she obviously was a bit annoyed with me. She was like, in a the thing that I hate most and you mentioned before, is like where it's not resolved straight away. So she was just like, give me space, and I like, I get really like anxious, yeah, real like, well, let's just sort of see out now, let's sort thisee out now.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: I like we ended up speaking about it, and I said, look like, if I was with my sisters, like you've seen me, like, I'll walk up and like slap with Emma on the face, and she'll slap me back harder, like we don't.
Speaker 1: Like, it's not your sister.
Speaker 3: She didn't grow up with a brother either, so she hasn't grown up with that sort of like stuff. Like if I said, if I was first seing my sisters, they would have just given it back to me harder, like, and I forget that.
Speaker 2: That is ira if I was.
Speaker 1: Doing it with my brother, I would have absolutely wallet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah, And she hasn't grown up with a brother and that sort of stuff, And I forget that because I love her so much like I love my sisters, I think I can treat her the same way, and I haven't. Really in my mind, I can't compartmentalize the difference between that I think this is like what I think, So this.
Speaker 4: Is what you think happened, but now you're going to work on yeah.
Speaker 2: Not being Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we ended up like yeah, we ended up talking about it, and then I was sort of like, well, if we don't sort this out, like I don't want to be here, like your family and this awkward thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'll I'll leave, and she's like, and it just made things worse.
Speaker 3: We just spiraled and then eventually we discussed it like tears were hot, and then we've just made up and had the best time for the rest of the trip.
Speaker 4: Your did her family know that you guys were arguing, like was it vocal enough?
Speaker 2: They not vocal enough? But the energy and like.
Speaker 1: There was there was a big energy.
Speaker 2: She has a big energy shift. Yeah, you could tell she was upset, and I felt terrible that the last thing I wanted to do was hurt her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm just coming fun and got carried away with my big biceps.
Speaker 1: Oh, I knew you to say something wild like that. I was just waiting for it.
Speaker 4: Look, she jenny'sn't your sister, she's your girlfriend, and like I'm with her on this.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Matt.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Now that I'm calmed down and i'm rational thinking I'm not pumped full of ten beers and like six cocktails, I understand that I shouldn't be swinging too hard.
Speaker 4: Plus you're already you're already on probation after your little drinking.
Speaker 2: From the night before so it was just fuel to a fire. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, other than that, you had a.
Speaker 3: Great trip though, it was it was amazing. Then we had the next night's steak night. It was unreal. She obviously has steaks, she's vegetable, the rest of us did, and had a massive phone. It was really it was really nice to get away and I'm really grateful that I got to experience that with her family.
Speaker 4: Well, look, it's that time of the show that you guys have all been waiting for. It's time to find out where our heads are at. Let's do it, Okay, Matt. The first question is from a listener and they say, I'm wondering how soon is too soon? My boyfriend wants to organize a trip. But we've only been dating for two months and I've only ever slept over a couple of times. Nothing longer will we last the distance?
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said before, Jed and I booked a trip before we'd even started dating, so we were dating for like four weeks. So I don't think there's never too soon. But if you only slept over a couple of times, I suggest maybe sleeping over a little bit more and sussing it out before you jump into a holiday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe if she's asking this question, maybe intuitively something doesn't feel quite right and she's like a bit apprehensive about it.
Speaker 2: But like maybe when she slept iver snored the whole night, she doesn't want.
Speaker 4: To in my opinion, like fuck it, Like you only live once. Why not go on a holiday and you can see if it's going to work or not. Like make it a little week and get away and actually love see how you go.
Speaker 3: I actually love that thought of like thought pattern as well, like fuck it in like six three years from there, you could be laughing. I remember when I went on that holiday with that guy like that random for two months, Like, yeah, I reckon, you know what, go on that holiday.
Speaker 2: On the holiday, Yeah, see what happens.
Speaker 3: Even if it's a staycation for a couple of nights, Just go and see how it is. Bring a tit little number packaging in and just have a sex field night somewhere.
Speaker 4: Okay, the next listener has said, I really want to go on holiday with my partner, but I seriously cannot shit in their vicinity.
Speaker 1: I have proof anxiety. I shit you not really?
Speaker 2: Hell, oh my god. I should probably read these before this is hilarious.
Speaker 3: I haven't even thought of this actually, Oh what it's obviously coming from a girl, i'd assume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean here, like I'm not gonna like do a number two in front of my partner either, But there's a door you can close.
Speaker 1: Literally, Like as soon as I get into the toilet, I like put on music.
Speaker 4: Nothing is heard, nothing is seen, We've pretended to happen.
Speaker 1: There's air fresher. No, we move on with life.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, Well from my experience personally, I will make sure there's a TV on.
Speaker 2: I'll turn it up. I make it clear what I'm about.
Speaker 3: To go do I say, I say, you do not want it, like, you do not want to come in here.
Speaker 2: This is between me and the toilet and God that.
Speaker 1: Announces it to the room even with me. He's like, I will be going to the toilet.
Speaker 2: To do a poo, Yeah, just so everyone knows.
Speaker 3: So I've got my privacy in there, and then I've sit in a TikTok hole to cover up the noises in there. But this is going this Ready for this, buckle up. My ship doesn't.
Speaker 2: Stink literally literally, I can get gen to prove it.
Speaker 1: Why are we talking about this. You're so strange.
Speaker 3: Literally, I can confirm. I can confirm, so.
Speaker 1: What you've never farted and it's.
Speaker 2: Smelled occasionally depending if I.
Speaker 1: Then your ship occasionally smells.
Speaker 2: Once a month. Ah, I generally confirm G is coming.
Speaker 4: From a guy with an enormous ego who literally thinks.
Speaker 2: His ship don't see.
Speaker 3: I know that's the whole. That's irony of it. That's the irony of it, that my ship does not stink. I will, I will prove this with gen something.
Speaker 1: You don't need you to prove it, no one, because a flying fuck.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to say is I can't relate to this.
Speaker 1: What that's to say is he's perfect.
Speaker 3: My suggestion here is you don't have to shit right in front of them, and maybe don't book a room that has the toilet open scheme or something like look into it and make sure that there's a bathroom of the closed door, or go to maybe one house in the lobby. You know that I would have shot in front of gym like the first like two to three months. My housemate would laugh because I would come bouncing in the house, just sprinting straight.
Speaker 2: V lighting for the toilet. So I didn't have to do it at Hirst.
Speaker 1: Maybe good shit doesn't stick.
Speaker 2: Why I just still felt uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for. That was a really fun episode. We hope that you're loving the honesty. We're just trying to keep it real with you. Guys. If you're loving what you're hearing, make sure you give us a five star review or a small podcast and it really means a lot to us.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, We'll see you next time. By