Speaker 1: Live on Sky News Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika de Giorgio.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show coming up tonight. The fallout from Dan Andrews's trip to China continues as Beijing's puppet issues a bizarre defense of his propaganda tour. The debate over our flag and why we need to stand up to the left and fight for our values, and Albow holds a late night call with Donald Trump, but there's still no sign of an in person meeting. But first tonight, what sort of a country do we want to live in? It's something I've asked myself regularly, particularly since October seven, twenty twenty three, because since then it seems our values have been eroded daily by people who walk among us and seem to hate us, and by the left to are ashamed of our national pride. Now it feels as if it's too far gone now in the face of a changing Australia, because Wednesday should have been a day of pride on National Raise the Flag Day, the first time the flag was flown on the third of September nineteen oh one. Instead, I believe it was a flashpoint moment. It descended into an absolute farce and was hijacked by lunatics like the Greens off the back of Pro Australia marches at the weekend. Now, we have so much to be proud about in this country, but I believe we are at a juncture because now, if you wave the Aussie flag, the left call you a racist. If you show pride in your country, the left call you a racist. If you want to put Australia first, the left call you a xenophobe.
Speaker 4: And if you question.
Speaker 3: Rampant, out of control migration, well, don't even get me started.
Speaker 4: Yet.
Speaker 3: We've brought people into this country, some who hate us and our values and don't want to adapt to our way of life. And we profess that multiculturalism has been a success. Now I don't doubt it largely has. We are a nation of migrants. But the common denominator in this decade is we've brought in people whose values are incompatible with Western democracies. And the weekend's Marches for Australia proved just that. Thousands of everyday Aussies, mums and dads took to the streets saying.
Speaker 4: Enough is enough, we want our country back.
Speaker 3: We are sick of our values being eroded, and because a small number of Neo Nazis rocked up and were booed by the masses.
Speaker 4: By the way, they.
Speaker 3: Didn't want these borrn individuals there. Everyone who attended was painted with the same brush.
Speaker 5: Then the tone, of course of much of the rallies was unfortunate is the best way that you could put it, but hateful in some of the extreme examples.
Speaker 6: Marine Feruki will speak more about the racist overtones of these rallies.
Speaker 3: The Andy immigrant rallies on the weekend must be called out for what they are, acts of racist, fear mongering and heat.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen a good fascist yet.
Speaker 8: We absolutely condemn the March for Australia rally that's going on today. It is not about increasing social harmony now.
Speaker 3: When our leaders ignore real and genuine worries by everyday Aussies by labeling them racist, it actually only gives life to those who hold those extremist views. Yet, when these flags aflown the Palestinian flag week in, week out, and those of terror groups, the left don't even bat an eyelid, They don't even care when the Aussie flag is set alight by anti Israel protesters have a listen to Sarah Hansome Young falling over herself.
Speaker 4: Do you can.
Speaker 3: Well it was her, Well, it wouldn't be her yesterday speaking here on first edition on Sky News. And she didn't have a comment to say about the flag. She didn't want to talk about the Aussie flag being burnt. I mean, what sort of a country do we want to live in? And she thinks that setting the flag alight is dear to our democracy. Will tell that to our brave soldiers who fought for us and continued to do so under the Australian flag, so we can actually have a freedom of democracy. And as I said, Wednesday was a flashpoint. And here is how National.
Speaker 4: Raised the Flag Day played out in the Senate.
Speaker 2: I was appalled by the footage of pro Palestinian protesters burning our national flag.
Speaker 9: If it's okay for Senator Nampa Jimber Price to wrap herself in this flag, I would intend to wrap myself in a Palestinian flag.
Speaker 2: No flags to be worn in the chamber until the matter has been resolved by the PROCEIDUREUS Committee. So it asked you to take.
Speaker 3: The flag off now, Thank goodness for two of only a very small handful of politicians willing to show courage on this issue. Senator just sent a Nampajip Price and One Nation leader Pauline Hanson, two women who love their country and aren't afraid to show it.
Speaker 10: We are told we can't display it.
Speaker 4: In our parliament on the one special day, which.
Speaker 10: Is our Australian Flag Day. And that's how gus these people are. And I warn people out there, you keep voting for these bastards that actually don't have pride in our country and Australian flag, then be prepared to get what we're going to get.
Speaker 3: And gee, we need more of that courage and conviction. But how do we get to a point where our national flag is deemed offensive? The ABC even asked the question this week what if.
Speaker 2: We changed it?
Speaker 11: What if we changed the Australian flag? Is it time for a fresh take? And how's the flag we've got turned into something quite different from a flag of national pride?
Speaker 3: And if that wasn't bad enough, it seems a public broadcaster thinks our flag is a big skit. Here's it's behind the news segment teaching children about national pride this week.
Speaker 12: There are still some mixed feelings about the flag.
Speaker 4: What why? Well, for Sutter's there's the Union Jack.
Speaker 12: Oh, yes, you did say you'd flag this for later. To some, the British flag is an important symbol of Australia's past, but for many First Nations people it's a reminder of colonization and the loss of their land. And a big percentage of Ossies don't have British ancestry, and some reckon we'd be better off with the flag that represents everyone.
Speaker 3: Loss of their land, better off with a flag that represents everyone. Well, how about teaching our kids to be proud of one flag, not flooding them with woke ideology. But it's politicians like Senator Price and Pauline Hansen who understand how many of us think and feel about where we're at because the quiet Australians have been left behind by this bolting horse that is captured ideology as well as self loathing under the guise of healthy and sustainable multiculturalism. And it's these voices like you at home who are silenced by Labor and the Greens as they paint the quiet Aussies as racist. National Senator Matt Canavan summed it up well.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 3: He writes the isolated voices on our fringes are not the greatest threat to our social harmony. It is the powerful voices with our agenda to marginalize our unique Australian way of life. And as I said, I feel we are at a juncture and the only way to claw it back from the left is to stand up proudly for our values.
Speaker 4: Fly the flag, be proud of the flag.
Speaker 3: Don't be scared to show that pride, because we're all Australian and we should be proud of that. And to those who walk among us that aren't.
Speaker 4: Proud, the door is open now.
Speaker 3: I thought China had its own mouthpieces to spread daily propaganda, but it looks like there's a new player in town to rival all of the megaphones. His name is Daniel Andrews, Beijing's puppet, has released a statement on his national Chinese propaganda tour defending his decision to attend the Tianaman Square military parade and g This statement seemed like it was written with Shijingping peering over his shoulder the form of victorian premier says quote, I was invited to Beijing for the eightieth anniversary of China's victory over Japan in World War Two. Well, that was his first mistake, because just because you were invited, it doesn't mean you are SVP.
Speaker 4: Yes, does it.
Speaker 3: Even Australia's ambassador to China had the sense to turn down the invite. He goes on to say, I've said for years that a constructive relationship with China, our largest trading partner, is in Australia's national interest and hundreds of thousands of Australian jobs.
Speaker 4: Depend on it.
Speaker 3: That hasn't changed. And that was his second mistake. Australia's national interest? Was it in our national interest?
Speaker 13: Dan?
Speaker 3: When China sent spy ships our way, conducted live fire drills off our coast, bullied US militarily and economically through tariffs, and he claims he was there in our national interest.
Speaker 4: Now correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: But Dan left office in twenty twenty three, making him a private citizen. Therefore he's not there to represent us. He's there to embarrass us on the world stage for his own selfish purposes. Oh and on his decision to pose in a delightful photo with the axis of evil like Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, the president of Iran, and Shijing Ping.
Speaker 4: Nope, no mention of that, just quote.
Speaker 3: It was a chance to meet and engage with regional leaders like former New Zealand Prime Ministers John Key and Helen Clark, Malaysian Prime Minister Anwa Ibrahim, and of course Chinese President she We also shared an official photograph. Well look, he must think that we haven't seen the image, I mean, never mind the axis of evil I met with John Key and Helen Clarky says, so that's it, But you are right down.
Speaker 4: You did share in an official photograph. So let's zoom in on it.
Speaker 3: There you were a few paces behind North Korean leader Kim John Lull, among others, responsible for human rights abuses and terror attacks on home soil.
Speaker 4: So what's his excuse?
Speaker 3: Just to clear up any confusion, he says, I have condemned Putin and he's a legal war in Ukraine from day one. That's why he banned me from Russia last year. He goes on to say further, my support for Israel and Australia's Jewish community has been outspoken and unwavering, and I unequivocally condemn Iran for its attacks on Australia, Israel and elsewhere around the world. So hang on, I condemned them, but I'll still pose with them in photos.
Speaker 4: Jee, good one, Dan, keep telling yourself that.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think former Home Affairs boss Mike Pozzolo summed it up best on Sky News today.
Speaker 1: All they could get from liberal democracies are Dan Andrews and John Key. I don't want to be disrespectful to the two gentlemen, but I suspect most of the spectators would have had to have had bio notes and looking up, who are these guys? Don't know who they are? That's the best they could do.
Speaker 4: It's not wrong.
Speaker 3: The best China could do was Dan Andrews. Gee, isn't that tragic? Let's go straight to Shadow Cabinet Secretary Andrew Wallace. Now, Andrew, good to see you as always. Well, let's start with Dan Andrews. His mere presence is excited China. He's even appeared front and center today in Beijing's propaganda machine, which has quoted Daniel Andrews in the Communist Party's flagship Daily as being deeply honored to attend President Shiji Ping's military parade. How would you describe the former premius trip over there?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm absolutely speechless, Danika. I mean, every politician knows you need to be very careful about who you get happy snaps with. And for Daniel Andrews to be over in China sharing the red carpet with the likes of Putin and Xi and the North Korean president Kim Jong wun, it just absolutely defies boif. I mean, even the Australian ambassador had the good sense to be two hundred kilometers away at the time of this parade, which was absolutely sending a signal to the Western world about the rise of the military strength of China. And there's the former Premier of Victoria cozing up to the three of them. It is I mean, can you imagine how Voladimir Zelenski, how how the leaders of countries that have been absolutely attacked by countries like Russia. How do our Australian Ukrainian community feel about that? How does the Australian Tibetan community feel that one of our former premiers is now closing up to these despots. I just cannot believe it.
Speaker 3: I just honestly, I think it was just shocking from the very beginning, and then his statement that he released yesterday was just equally as appalling. There was no accountability for what he has done. There was just no sense, no recognition. I just think it's absurd. Now, look, let's move on. Because Anthony Arbernezi has spoken with Donald Trump for the fourth time since the president was re elected in November. The PM said he had another warm and constructive conversation with President Trump. He says, we discussed our trade and economic relationship, as well as areas for growth, including critical minerals. We also discuss shared US Australia security interests. Kevin rud was certainly eager to weigh in. He said, lots going on in the US Australia relationship and going from strength to strength.
Speaker 4: Andrew so another corps but no meeting yet.
Speaker 3: But does this give you some hope that maybe a face to face is on the way.
Speaker 9: We look, it's really hard to judge what's going on from here, Danika, but I suspect this was an attempt by the Prime Minister's office to try and sound the President out as to how that interaction may go if there is a face to face at the General Assembly meeting in a week or so's time. I think that the Prime Minister's team is absolutely driven to try and ensure that there's not a repeat of the sort of embarrassment that we saw with the President and President Zelenski of the Ukraine. And whether this was some sort of ham fisted attempt by the Prime Minister's office just to try and test the waters to see what does he love me? Does he love the Prime Minister? I'm not quite sure, but the reality is it's now been three hundred and three days since President Trump took office. We are supposed to be one of, if not the closest partner of the United States. Everybody seems just about every allied country their leader has met with President Trump in person some several occasions, and yet there's been no face to face with our Prime minister. So it's really it's getting it's going from bizarre to quite sort of cringe worthy and embarrassing. Now as to what's going on, is the relationship breaking down, is that the Prime Minister doesn't want to be seen with him. I don't know, I mean he certainly people need to realize that the Prime Minister absolutely singled Peter Dutton out and tried to say to the Australian people and the lead up to the last election that Peter Dutton was Trump like, and clearly that information has got back to President Trump and I can't see that that would have gone over to well.
Speaker 3: Well you mentioned it's embarrassing. Yeah, it's also embarrassing that the Prime Minister now has to rely on a series of upcoming summits in the hope that he will actually bump into the President, in the hope of having some sort of face to face meeting. It's really tragic. We're almost out of time. Just very quickly. I want to ask you about the social media band for under sixteens. It's now going to take effect in less than one hundred days.
Speaker 4: The problem is is.
Speaker 3: That we still don't have any detail Andre on how this is actually.
Speaker 4: Going to work.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 9: I had a delegation of the Let Them Be Kids into my Parliamentary office a couple of days ago. Families of children who've taken their own lives because of the bullying on social media, people like Emma Mason came to see me and they're all saying that there and the reality is there is just no detail from this government about how this is going to work. We want this to work we think it's a really important initiative. The Coalition led the initiative, but with less than one hundred days till the start of this band, the government has provided no details on how it's going to work, nor have they provided any material evidence whatsoever about education programs for instance, for schools or parents or the kids themselves. It's really it's very concerning for parents because they just don't know how this is going to work, how it's going to operate, and I just hope that the government gets their act together very very quickly.
Speaker 3: Well, well, it's also concerning I think for every day Aussies. I mean, we are going to have to produce an ID to go online. Now, what's going to happen with that information? That's certainly my concern. Andrew Wallace, we've got to leave it there. Thanks very much for joining me on the show as always.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: A Twitter post about biological men claiming to be women has seen the comedy writer of Father Ted Graham Lynon arrested upon landing in the UK. In one of the posts, he said, quota, if a trans identified male is in a female only space, he is committing a violent you sacked making make a scene call the cops and if all else fails, punch him in the balls.
Speaker 4: Well gee, it's hard to argue with that, is it.
Speaker 3: But the UK's censorship laws are gagging every day Brits and completely destroying free speech. And so Graham Lynon rocked up at court overnight the very best way he could have a look at this, swearing a there's no such thing as a transgender child sign.
Speaker 4: How good.
Speaker 3: Now, one person who knows all about being censored and being taken to court for speaking out about this very issue is Giggle founder Sal Grover, and she joins me, Now, so nice to see you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: So this trans ideology it's not only infiltrated society but law courts.
Speaker 4: You know that firsthand.
Speaker 3: And of course it's in the laws, and you speak out about it and look what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, thank you so much for having me. First of all, it's great to see you, But I mean I'm really lucky I get to call Graham a friend. I've spoken to him since he was arrested. For anyone who's watching this issue proof really they me think think that the Graham issue is a one of No, he's just actually the most high profile example that has happened. I mean women especially have been people had their lives turned upside down around this issue and had been going to court for years, years. I mean, it almost makes that sixteen hour arrest feel like a sanctuary in comparison. I mean in Australia, just in the past week, Curly Smith, a mother and the spokesman for binary was told that she had unlawfully villified a man who claims to be a woman, purely because she disagrees with him being on a woman's sports team and spoke out about it publicly, which is her job. She is facing two hundred thousand dollars of fines. So this is happening in this country. It's not just in the UK or in America, where we can look to other countries being crazy. If I was to make an argument, I would say, actually Australia is the craziest country on this issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are so far behind the rest of the world. And actually I want to talk to you about that because the other question that seems to be very difficult to answer is what is a woman? And you and I know the answer to that, which I don't know. Sal it might make us geniuses or bigots. I guess it depends on who you ask these days. But One Nation leader Pauline Hanson, is pushing to restore the legal definition of a woman. But she asked the Minister for Women, Katie Gallagher, in the Senate this week, what measures the government was taking to ensure women's rights are being protected from transactivism.
Speaker 4: And here was the answer.
Speaker 14: The issues you raised have not been raised with me as Minister for Women by all of the range of stakeholders I deal with on a day to day basis around addressing women's policy and about driving gender equality. That's apposition this government takes.
Speaker 3: Sus claims that no stakeholders have ever raised it with her.
Speaker 4: What do you make of that response?
Speaker 2: Well, I am happy to resend my emails to her. She would like to, but in the manner of moving this issue forward. I actually emailed her this week after she said that on the Senate floor, and you will be shocked to find out that she has not responded to me. I have to meet with her to talk about this. As a stakeholder in this issue. She spoke on the Senate floor about you know, economic equality for women. My livelihood has been destroyed because men who claim men are claiming to be women and the government is supporting them in that I created a space exclusively for women, and I can't run it because of the Sex Discrimination Commission and the federal courts interpretation of the law. So I mean she would have to be living under a rock to not know that there is an issue here. And furthermore, if there's no issue, then let us have female in the spaces. There's only an issue because they're not letting us have them. But I will say a big thank you to Pauline Hanson because she spoke brilliantly on the Senate. She is one hundred percent right on this issue. Even if you agree with her on other issues, she's right on this issue. And it's partly because she's not stating opinion, She's stating a fact. The other side is stating opinion. You can have the opinion that men can be women until the cows come home. Knock yourself out, have fun, that's your opinion, Pauline Hansen. Women like myself, Currily Smith, we are seeing that women are adult human females. We are a class separate from men, and legally, when it matters that needs to be acknowledged. It's that simple. So the other side is the irrational, crazy ones.
Speaker 15: Not us.
Speaker 4: No, as I said, I don't know if we're.
Speaker 3: Biggots or geniuses at this point, how very stratgy geniuses exactly. Now, before we let you go, I want to ask you about this landmark decision by a Brazilian court to drop criminal charges against graphic designer Isabella Sepa for misgendering a politician. Now, she became the first person to be given international protection from persecution for speaking against transgender ideology, and she was actually forced to flee the country for referring to a trans woman who's a federal MP as a man in a social media post. So this week, a federal court judge found that her comments did not amount to hate speech and that stating the facts about gender was actually protected under freedom of expression.
Speaker 4: I guess there's this further show.
Speaker 3: Again how far we are behind on this issue.
Speaker 2: I mean again, I am very, very honored that I've been able to speak to Isabella, and I actually feel very bad that I have not spoken to her in the last few weeks. Life's kind of just gotten in the way. But she's this amazing woman and that has had her entire life turned upside down. That try and think of it, that you have to leave your country, leave your family, leave your friends, live your livelihood simply because you know that men are not women. Now, that is insane. But the only redeeming quality that Brazil has on this issue right now is they've actually paused it. They've actually said no, actually, it's not hate speech. She hasn't done anything wrong. You compare it with Australia and there is no pause on anything that is happening here. There's no government intervention, there's no federal court or lesser court judges going, oh, you know what, maybe this is absolute irrationality and nonsense. Australia just seems to be trying to run away with this issue, thinking we're the only one who's going to be able to make it work. We will not be able to make it work because no matter how much courts or politicians, or media or anyone institution, sex discrimination commissions, anyone try to tell you that men can be women, they are not. They will never be. And the fact that Isabella Curely Graham my life and anyone else who dares to speak out our lives have turned upside down proves that the only way that this issue can exist is if they punish anyone who dissents from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's and it's just disgraceful. Seriously, Sal Grover, we've got to leave it there. Nice to see you again, Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 4: We're coming up after the break my panel.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss the debate over ramp at migration, plus is it a crime for a man to tell.
Speaker 4: A woman they look beautiful? Welcome back?
Speaker 3: Joining me now is former New South Wales Police Minister David Elliott and New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahala. Happy Friday is always. Thank you for joining me now. Look, I spoke earlier about how it's not racist to be proud of your country or to talk about how can out of control rampant migration is, you know, particularly when every day ossies can't get into houses. But I thought National Senator Matt Canavan summed it up today. He said the vast majority of the Australians marching last week and not against migration.
Speaker 4: They are against mass migration.
Speaker 3: Yet labor ministers lined up to accuse the protesters of spreading hate the isolated voices on our fringes are not the greatest threat to our social harmony. It's the powerful voices with an agenda to marginal our unique Australian way of life. David, I think he's absolutely spot.
Speaker 16: On nailed it, and I mean i'd add in a massive immigration without capacity. But they're not in favor of they're not against immigration. And for the Labor Party to then go and criticize the marches for being racists have forgotten that last month there was a march headed by Labor politicians that were calling for the death of people, yes that were carrying flags that were on the verge of being illegal in this country because they inspire hatred themselves. And the only flag that was carried by last Sunday was the Australian flag. So I think they're being very, very hypocritical about this. But Matt Canavan has nailed it. They're not against immigration. We're all immigrant, but my two grandmothers were Polish. We are all immigrants, absolutely, we are unless you're unless you're Aboriginal Australian. But this suggestion that this is race based is just not right. You just have to get onto a train in Sydney during peak hour and no. People have had enough.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you know by saying that, you know, these are every day Aussies that we're talking about here, but by saying they're racist, it actually fuels on the neo Nazis and the extremists.
Speaker 4: That we saw a couple of them hijacking the protests.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Tony Iviott said that there was a couple of wrap bags. But you know, you've got to ignore that. You've got to acknowledge that the pulk of the people there are ordinary Australians and I'm sure some of them were labor voters. They write from labor electorates in Western Sydney. So I think it's a wake up call for the Governor of the day to understand and appreciate that people have had a gut full. They are tired of mass migration. And David's right, it's not about migration itself. I think many of us. I'm a first generation Australian, many families have come out here and of course assimilated into Australian.
Speaker 4: Way of life.
Speaker 6: Can't say the word assimilation anymore.
Speaker 4: That's been scrapped.
Speaker 6: It's integrate now. Whatever is the latest term for the Department Immigration.
Speaker 4: But the reality is that people.
Speaker 6: Ordinary Australians are speaking out. They're fighting for the country. They love the Australian way of life, and it's about understanding and appreciating that. You know, we welcome people if they've got skills to bring to Australia, not just a handout. Okay, we're not a welfare state, a global welfare state.
Speaker 3: We have to have a conversation about capping it. And this is a it's not racist to say that, but we have to have this conversation.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, speaking of fighting for your country, Donald Trump assigned an executive order to change the name of the Department of Defense to the Department of War, reverting to the agency's former namesake as a former defense in yourself, what do you make of this, because I thought it was quite interesting and I feel like this is sending a message to the world, particularly China.
Speaker 4: We're ready.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And he is sending a message. And he's the commander in chief. He can call these soldiers whatever he wants to call these soldiers. You can call these department ever he wants.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 16: I mean, I'm a traditionalist, so it's always been a Department of Defense unless there is a time of war. So you're dead right, they are saying to that everybody, we are we are considering ourselves if and when there is a department. If there is and when there is a war, this is the department that's going to be managing it. But I mean, it doesn't make any difference. I mean it would still the fact that the military in the United States is the most powerful the world has ever seen, still would put the fear of guide into people. Whether it's called war or defense. It doesn't make any difference.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: But I mean we saw China's military prowess on display, and of course you know, Dan Andrews got a free ticket there.
Speaker 4: But you know, I just think this is powerful. What do you think, Yeah, it's a little bit.
Speaker 6: Look at most things that Trump announces, I think is great. But I've got to say these little bit of odds with the fact that he now wants you know, has been nominated for a Noble Peace.
Speaker 4: Prize, so I think ironic with the timing on that.
Speaker 6: And he's also always boasted about being an anti war president. Okay, he's always said that it's a Democrats sort have not governed properly and have led into situations like the mush Ukraine War and other wars and conflicts around the world. So he's always blamed the Democrats. So it's unusual, I think, and I'm surprised that he's had this, has made this move, to be honest, I'm assuming some people around him have put the pressure on they would like the name change. I don't know if this is necessarily Trump, because he's always been an anti war president.
Speaker 4: That's been his position.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's America first, America first, Department of War America.
Speaker 4: I get exactly.
Speaker 3: Now, look, this is an interesting one. Is it a crime for a man to tell a woman they look beautiful? Apparently, so on Tuesday night you weren't allowed to say beautiful, gorgeous and sexy. At the Australian Women and Security Awards, the words were actually banned. Every man who entered the venue tickets were five hundred dollars by the way, was given a card telling them that compliments were discouraged because it was a night.
Speaker 4: Of accomplishment, not attributes.
Speaker 3: Instead, they were encouraged to use more appropriate words such as nice, great and fabulous. Well, David is the man on the panel today, I'm eager to get your views what's appropriate and what's not.
Speaker 16: Well, it's contextual that of course you can at night like that when the ladies are all dres stuff and have made an effort. I mean, let me take you into my world. So when we're going to a party, I get told Biden, Nicole, such and such as had a hair done. Don't forget such and such. I spent two weeks buying new new shoes and such and such was this is a new dress. If I don't go and say that they look good on the way home, I get hot tongue and cold shoulder.
Speaker 4: You're in trouble.
Speaker 16: So I wish it's illegal to call people beautiful and pretty, because then I would get myself out of trouble. True, but this is and they wonder why people have voted for Trump. They wonder why people have voted for Trump, because if you're being told that you can't say that a pretty lady is pretty or a beautiful woman is beautiful, Well, then that is in my mind, brave new world stuff. And we are in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel sorry for men, and the reason is that I feel like every man has been tainted and painted with the me too brush since the Me Too movement that I feel like men are scared now, Tanya to even speak because they worry that a woman's going to go that's harassment.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's my thoughts. I've got two sons, and I really worry for that generation, the younger generation, because they can't say anything now. And you know, those blokes should have just not turned up. They should have walked out of that event. Honestly, it's time for men to get out there and maybe have their own rallies, Okay, to be able to speak their mind and fight back a bit, because it's crazy. What are we doing now to people? They're just becoming robotic. This PC's gone, mad.
Speaker 4: Im I'm with you all the way. We're almost our time, but very quickly.
Speaker 3: Victoria's Commonwealth Games debarcle has been listed among the world's worst ever flops in global event history, rate twenty fifth out of the fifty of the world's biggest major event fumbles. This was by a list that says it blamed a rushed, inadequate business case, unrealistic cost estimates and hidden contingencies, and a financial model so flawed. It couldn't survive first contract with reality for this debarkle wrong.
Speaker 16: Well now we know why Dan Andrews ran off to China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the money and this is embarrassing for the so called a major events capital of Australia, if not the South PacifiCan.
Speaker 16: And you know it was always a marching to darkness for the come Wealth Games to go to a state that wanted to have regional events because critical mass means that you cannot have this sort of event.
Speaker 6: Well, were you simply cost taxpayers six hundred million dollars and now we're paying money out of the Scotland Yeah to cover this.
Speaker 3: Well, and I wonder he's off to China kind of stay there, I think, David Elliott.
Speaker 4: Nice to see you both. Have a good weekend. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Coming up a fresh warning from business about the massive cost of cutting emissions plus live to Birmingham as Reform UK's conference kicks off.
Speaker 4: That's next, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, as we know, our power bills keep going up and up under the renewables only magic carpet ride, and now the true cost of the net zero dream is being laid bare. A Business Council of Australia report has found cutting emissions by seventy percent or more would carry a price tag of up to five hundred and thirty billion dollars addition to financial costs. The BCA warns an additional fifty nine thousand electrical trade and engineering workers would be needed by twenty thirty to achieve a sixty percent emissions reduction target within a decade.
Speaker 4: But the Prime Minister will tell you.
Speaker 5: My word, if my bond, my word, if my bond, my word is my bond, and I'll continue to engage.
Speaker 1: But I want bullshit people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure you won't. Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Joiningy me now is Adam Morrison, the Energy program director at the Center for Independent Studies.
Speaker 4: Adam, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 3: Do you think that five hundred and thirty billion dollar figure is on the money.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Look, I think that five hundred and thirty billion dollar figure is somewhere in the ballpark for that seventy percent investment. But I emphasize that figure is just for investment in capex capital expenditure investment. It's not for the OPS, which the operational expenditure, the REPEX, which is the replacement expenditure for things like batteries that need to be degraded and maintained over time. It doesn't cover the financial cost of actually financing that and what the rate of return that's given to all those asset onners are. So it's just a crude figure that is probably somewhere in the ballpark. Yes, and I'm sure that it will lead to us having a much more expensive electricity in the future.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think it's extraordinary when you think Labor of course drummed up that six hundred billion dollar price tag for the coalition's nuclear policy throughout the election, which of course was false. And now they could be needing five hundred and thirty billion plus additional workers and yet aid and they're still behind on their targets.
Speaker 17: Yeah, look, that's right. It's a real shame that the coalition of the last election didn't prosecute more aggressively that six hundred billion dollar number which was plucked from the air. So it seems something like double the most expensive case of nuclear power for the capital cost. It was really had no relevance to our debate, but yet it was allowed to go unchallenged for a very long time. So actually, the real cost of what we're trying to build is probably in that ballpark anyway. So I think it's very clear that we could have a cheaper and cleaner electricity system if we had a different alternative, which would include nuclear energy. But at the moment, there's just really no hope realistically that we can achieve the current targets. Anyway, it's not realistic that we could get that kind of workforce, which require sort of doubling or tripling the number of people in certain trades and skills, just in the next few years. So it's not going to happen, and it will be very expensive, much more expensive than alternative would be.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of you know, we're waiting for the Prime Minister and Chris Bowen to unveil the twenty thirty five emissions reduction target that's expected at the next fortnight. What do you think we can expect and will it actually be feasible.
Speaker 17: Look, it's a very good question, and this is one of the really highlighted awkward things about this BCEA analysis, the Business Council's own analysis is they've targeted basically trying to suggest we can't be too aggressive for a target for twenty thirty five but they have basically said that we can hit one hundred percent reduction in twenty fifty, which I think is totally infeasible. And they've also assumed in their base analysis that we can hit the targeted reduction of forty three percent in twenty thirty, which I think is also are totally infeasible. So it's a really strange report that I just don't think stands up to much intellectual scrutiny when they're saying trying to make some case about what is realistic in that interim target when there's no chance that will reach our twenty thirty target befoward, no chance will reach the twenty fifty target afterwards, So I think it'll be it's really going to be hard for the government to make any claim that what they can do in twenty thirty five when they are just so far off track reaching our twenty thirty target. Our current emissions are basically the same as what they were back in two thousand and five. The only changes have been from changes in land use and forestry, and that accounts for almost all our reductions and emissions. All the renewable build out so far has done almost nothing to reduce our actual emissions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean I've lost count as well over the number of projects that have gone bust in recent months or delayed.
Speaker 4: We're so far behind before we let you go.
Speaker 3: Labour's still clinging onto this, it's dream of hosting the UN Climate Summer in twenty twenty six, undeterred by warnings that could cost tax payers hundreds of millions. Here was the Environment Minister over the weekend about Chris Bowen.
Speaker 8: I know Chris Bowen in particular is working over time to secure this for Australia, and we still consider it would be a really great opportunity for Australia.
Speaker 3: To host that well aidan Thank goodness, someone's working overtime. For the bargain price, of course three hundred million dollars, we could get the privilege of hosting thousands of private jetting climate crusaders.
Speaker 17: Look, you start to worry that this is what this is all about, this sort of really dogmatic fixation, sort of facts be damned on a target that we know we can't reach in an even more ambitious one afterwards, because if we're really doing all this just for the performative element of impressing a bunch of other kind of like minded people around the world. That's really disappointing because this is absolutely inevitably going to push a lot of costs a lot higher for Australians, make us a less competitive place, drive away a lot of industry. So if it's being purely done for those purposes to perform and impress other people around the world, that's really shocking. But unfortunately it would explain things.
Speaker 4: It explains everything, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Ada Morrison, good to see you again, Thanks very much for joining me on the show. Well, Nigel Farage is preparing to outline his road to downing straight today as Reform UK begins its twenty twenty five conference. Joining me now is News Corp Europe correspondent and Sky News contributor Sophie Ellsworth, who's in Birmingham at the conference today.
Speaker 4: Sophie, thank you for joining me. What can we expect?
Speaker 18: Well, great to be with you, Janika on this glorious day here in Birmingham. So the two day Reform conference is set to kick off in about an hour or so. There's heavy security presence around the center here with the expected protests here in the UK. But Nigel Farrage is set to address the conference explaining his road to what he hopes to be Downing Street. He's come out and said that he expects there could be an early election here in the UK. There's one due in twenty twenty nine, but he thinks it could come earlier. Look Reform UK Denika. This time last year they had about eighty thousand members and now they're up to two hundred and forty thousand members with more than four hundred and fifty branches across the UK. They are growing at a rapid pace and they are surging in the polls. They have all the momentum here in the UK, and this is their national conference where Nigel Farage and many of his many of his staff and are like are hoping to really get this messaging across to the British public that they are a force here and that they really are serious about trying to win the next election.
Speaker 4: Well, they're performing so well on the polls.
Speaker 3: I saw that Reform has risen to as high as thirty five percent recently. And I've got to ask you about this because former Tory and P Nadine Dorries has announced she's defecting to Reform and she had this warning, have a listen.
Speaker 13: This is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make in my life. It's something I've been thinking thinking about for every year.
Speaker 2: The toys of Dad. They're gone. It's a slow and painful death.
Speaker 13: I'm looking at what they're doing, I'm listening to what they're saying, and I can't believe that people are all listening.
Speaker 4: So, Sophie, how significant is this? She thinks the Tories are done?
Speaker 18: It's extremely significant, Danika, because she was Culture Secretary in the Tory government. She was an MP for eighteen years. She's very well known here in the UK. She's written books, she's got a column in the Daily Mail. She was front and center in Boris Johnson's government and a key allive of his and to defect now to reform is extremely significant and it shows that they are trying to get politicians that have credentials, politicians with experience, because that has been one of the attack points by Nigel frags. You know people who are trying to bring him down by saying, look, you don't have experience in your party. Well, Nadine Dorries definitely has it, so her making this move is very significant for reform UK.
Speaker 3: Now I've got to ask you about this, Sophie. An investigation has been launched after a mobile phone was hidden in the Commons as part of a prank to broadcast sex noises during Prime Minister's questions.
Speaker 4: What's happened here?
Speaker 18: Well, the British lover sex scandal, and this is one that's certainly drawn attention here, Danika, because a mobile phone was placed underneath the Commons table where during question time Sekir Starmer and Kemy Badenock go head to head and the idea was that someone would bring this phone and it would have the sounds of sex noises during when they were going to give their responses in Parliament. Now this was found by security before this whole thing unfolded and turned into it garrassing situation, and now there is a very serious investigation underway of how this happened and who planted this device.
Speaker 3: Janika, my goodness, I mean, seriously, anything's possible in the UK. I look at the UK, go what on earth is going on? And then you hear a story like this and it just adds to that as well. Sophiel's worth a lovely Daan Birmingham. As you said, thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it well.
Speaker 3: Back in a moment with the winners and losers of the week, including some hard truths from a retired children's commissioner, plus the AFL.
Speaker 4: Legend who bought off intruders.
Speaker 3: Time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers, and helping me to do it is Sky News.
Speaker 4: Contributed James Bolt.
Speaker 3: James, nice to see you. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening. Now your winner this week is Mick Moltouse fighting off home invasions invaders and here he was last night on Peter Kredlin.
Speaker 15: It was more just trying to get which I managed to be able to get the crowbar of one of them, and so once I had two weapons, I think that was sort of i'll see you later, and they bolted. I might have been decided you didn't put shoes on so I could very chase him down the street, but the fact was by then I had something in each hand and I think that was probably enough for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, James, the crime crisis in Melbourne stripes again.
Speaker 7: It does, but let's put it like Mick Bolthouse is in his seventies. I mean, I'm thirty one. If three people try to get into my house, I would not have the wherewithal to start grabbing weapons around my house and being able to not only get them out of the house, but then to chase him down the street. I mean, what an incredible effort from Mick Moldhouse to stand like that.
Speaker 3: I completely agree, and you know, good on him because I know that he said that he just wanted to protect his wife. That was his first thought when he was running after the intruders. I don't think anyone's been caught or there's been no arrest made, but yeah, good on Mick Malthouse.
Speaker 4: What an effort, What an effort. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Now look, my winner this week is South Australia's recently retired Children's Commissioner Helen Connolly, because she's delivered it's some hard truths, saying that childhood has changed and kids need to be kids again. She said, quote parents are so obsessed with safety. The messaging kids are getting is the world is unsafe. Kids are now talking about not feeling safe a lot more than they were eight years ago. To restore a care free childhood will require adults to make an active decision on how they can allow kids to have more freedom. I completely agree with this twofold one. I think kids have been corrupted in the classroom these days.
Speaker 4: You know, they're told about the climate hysteria. They don't know if they're a boy or a girl.
Speaker 3: So they're thinking the world's coming to an end. But I think also at home, James, you've gotta let kids be kids and make mistakes of it.
Speaker 4: You can't wrap them up in cotton wool all the time. I don't know what do you think.
Speaker 7: I just think like there's so much and you know, the media can play a part in this, but there is so much fear and anxiety about the direction of the world and the reality of the world right now. But the fact is this is the best time in human history to have ever been alive. And if kids are growing up thinking that the world is set up against them, it's something to be feared, and you know, it's hard to navigate it. It's just not as true as it has been in past. And I think, you know, you need to sell that message as well. It is a beautiful time to be alive and to be a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd agree, and Also, I think social media plays a big role.
Speaker 4: Kids are at home, they're on their games, they're on their phones. Go out and see the world. There's a big wide world out there. Go out and play and have fun. So I agree.
Speaker 3: Now, your loser this week is the owner of a yacht which sinks.
Speaker 4: Shortly after Anika.
Speaker 7: I want you to you know, you work very hard around here, You work very hard. You deserve a one million dollar yacht. So I want you to close your eyes. I want you to close your eyes and think if I did have that million dollar yacht, where would I like to take it.
Speaker 4: Look, I'd say we're on the Mediterranean.
Speaker 7: I think that is what this next person was hoping to do, but it didn't quite go according to plan. Oh yeah, so, like I know those flash things are about, you know, the missing passages of time. There wasn't a whole lot of missing passages of time that was within a couple of minutes of that boat leaving. And that's a million dollar yacht going to the bottom.
Speaker 4: So how does that happen? Did I do testing?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how that happens on a maiden voyage to be unlucky, right, and.
Speaker 7: I should point out at home it is very okay to laugh at this because no one was harmed. I just want to make sure everyone knows no one's actually had don't last So it's all good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're all having fun.
Speaker 3: We're all having fun here. But I mean on a maiden voyage, you've got to be pretty unlucky. No, it's got Titanic vibes, not extent anyway, one point five million dollars. You've got to be the most unlucky person. Now, look with the boat theme.
Speaker 4: I've got a loser of the week.
Speaker 3: I've given it to our good friend Grenna Thunberg. God, she just irritates me, that woman. Seriously, she's back on the floatiller off to Gaza to you know, again on her humanitarian crusade.
Speaker 4: So this is a flow tiller two point zero.
Speaker 3: You recall, James, remember the first one was a was a buster. But she's given it a crack again. There she is, Palestinian flags on display.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: A colleague, Sharry Marks, had revealed this week that Greta's flotilla is organized by a supporter of a Rum backed terror group, HEZBLA, and it's murderous slain leader Hassansralis so well, I don't know really.
Speaker 4: What she's doing. I don't even think she knows what she's doing at this point.
Speaker 7: James, I think she knows exactly what she's doing. So here's what I would tell Israel, because the whole thing is Israel. They're going to float in and they're going to intercept them like they did last time, and then they get their media stunts. So if I were the IDF on this one, I would let her land because you've got these small boats that don't actually have a whole lot of aid on them. When you think about the resources these guys could have if they've got these small boats with not a lot of aid, let them land, let them not be able to help that many people. Let them pose for selfies in the middle of the terrorist controlled area of the world. Yeah, and then because I think the planeds to get intercepted, then say okay, well, you know, you guys can sail off now, but probably don't have enough suppli So how are you going to get it?
Speaker 4: I didn't work.
Speaker 3: You know, she's on her crusade to save Gaza, and I think that's right.
Speaker 4: Let her go there.
Speaker 7: Don't given accept that, don't give her what she wants, don't give.
Speaker 3: Her what, give it a crack and we'll be watching from afar. James Bolt, You're brilliant and as always, thanks so much for joining me on the show. Appreciate it, Thank you for your company. I'll be back seven pm on Sunday for Denekron James. Here's Steve Price.
Speaker 4: Good night,