Speaker 1: Weak up, get you the morning.
Speaker 2: Every day, every lady, gentlemen, Adelaides joy and Hazy over.
Speaker 3: Joseph Socks. Sleepwalking. Oh my gosh, it's sleepwalking. Fascinating.
Speaker 4: It is unbelievable that people just don't recall what the hell they've done.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So a woman who has been sleep walking for years has revealed the bizarre things that she's done in the middle of the night, from reranging furniture to placing shocking.
Speaker 6: Door dash orders. It's a bit scary.
Speaker 3: When you're getting up and you're doing actual things, and also when you're going outside. Yes, so this lady's name is Miranda. She's from Canada, so she began sleepwalking as early as six years old. Some of the things that she's done, she has said that I will clean up, I will make lunches, I'll often clean dishes, so that's quite handy, she said. I have often folded clothing, I've reranged furniture, I've put away decorations. And one time she revealed that at twelve forty three in the morning, she placed an order a single order for one satchet of honey mustard to be delivered via door dash and it costs eight dollars and there's a photo of the bloke from door Dash with a very very peculiar look on his face, thinking, what the hell do you need one saet of honey mustard.
Speaker 7: For at twelve forty three in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, I had a few episodes young. I don't know what it is. I think it's a young bloke sting when you go through a bit of a phase and maybe you're drinking too much consistently were you're not quite in control of things?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: I did have a bloke who I used to play footy with for confidentiality purposes. That's calling Brad. No, maybe that's probably a little bit to what that's call him be Obhara And every single time this great football too for the dogs back in the day.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's irrelevant.
Speaker 6: This is probably.
Speaker 3: I just try to play the picture big night, come home without fail, each and every time, bang piece on the TV on his TV.
Speaker 6: In his bedroom.
Speaker 3: Oh no, so I'd understand why, Like, there's obviously a science behind it. But who could explain why that when OI, or O Train as we like to call him, would come home half a few drinks and have no recollection.
Speaker 6: What's the all he have to do is the next morning, like was that a big night? Yes it was.
Speaker 3: Let's go check there, Let's go check to TV. It's wet every single time. And I know he's not alone. I know there's a lot of other stories. But for whatever reason, if it's urinating on a TV or urinating in a bin or something anywhere in your direct site, that isn't the actual toilet.
Speaker 4: When you say you know he's not alone, he had other doggies teammates that came in and joined in the fund.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I don't think so. No, it was the tea body. But he used to measure. He'd be like, oh, had a big night last night?
Speaker 6: Like how big? Like like O we big? Like did you piss on the TV? Like big? Not that big? What about his TV as well?
Speaker 3: No, TV is just sitting out there being like it's getting laid past midnight?
Speaker 6: Three A m oh, here he comes here, he comes here, he comes, Go straight to bed, go straight to bed.
Speaker 1: No, no pray.
Speaker 4: Also, the TV's there. I'm just gonna that's it. I'm just going to have to buy a PUNCHO.
Speaker 6: He comes home, So why are you wearing a Boncho.
Speaker 4: Told a fascinating story a little earlier this morning about your mate who played at Central's, And oh my goodness, didn't he like to basically come home or go to bed and then wake up and pee on the tv?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, it happens. It happens. Who knows what happens when you're snoring. His name is Brad Noahara, by the way, very good football. I played for Central's.
Speaker 4: It's irrelevant at this point, is so far that he's burying the lead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the O train used to maybe you'd just have one or two many drinks and come home and go to sleep, wake up and all of a sudden bang just taking slash on the t back. He's not alone to by the way, not the first time. A lot of people like to do it in their clothes, bins and things like that. We want to put it out there. Thirteen twenty four ten The strange things that you've done while sleep walking. So this particular woman, as well as the story, stem from from Canada. She explained how she's been sleep walking since she was sick years old. Said, sometimes she gets up, she cleans, she makes lunches, She often cleans dishes. One time She got up at twelve forty three and she ordered one single saturte of honey mustard from door Dash.
Speaker 7: Yeare right?
Speaker 6: Eight bucks it cost her.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, imagine the door Dash guy. He's like, why is she dose this? Really so very desperate who.
Speaker 3: Had a hand cring just to ever so slightly garnish their meal with a bit of honey mustard twelve forty three in the morning. She also went on to say that only once has she gone outside, so that's when it's really dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is I have to say, though, I wouldn't hate it if my preferred activity.
Speaker 7: Sleepwalking was to do housework.
Speaker 6: Now made you wake up?
Speaker 7: Did you wake up? When you go? Who came over? And who folded all the washing? And who did the dishes? And oh wow, someone made the kids lunches. This is amazing.
Speaker 6: And I'm refreshed as well.
Speaker 3: Sure I'm physically not feeling my best, but mentally I'm recharged.
Speaker 7: It's just the dream actually.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten, Please share your sleep walking stories's got a bunch of calls. We'll get to you next time. I'll tell you this March before out o'clock in here and Edge hearing song. If you want to get on stand, why let's to see the great Man performing in It's Swedeen that well, listen out free song.
Speaker 6: Let's going to play Call thirteen, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: We're talking sleep walkers, and in particular the crazy stuff that you've done will sleep walking Adam at Jodes, who used to get up every single time after a few beers in the middle of the night and just urinate, ever so delicately on his TV in his room.
Speaker 7: Was it wouldn't have been a plasma then it was a plasma early days, early plasma.
Speaker 6: D early plasma days.
Speaker 3: And you suggest as well that perhaps at some stage that particular plasma start wearing a poncho.
Speaker 6: We did.
Speaker 3: He's still wearing a poncho right now, Like why are you wearing ploncho? It's like, well, because I'm going to the showdown, but also because brain's going to wheel on me.
Speaker 7: Very well prepared. Plasma.
Speaker 4: TV's got a John from Jabron Park.
Speaker 7: Good morning John, What are you doing your sleep?
Speaker 8: Good morning guys.
Speaker 9: I'm not quite a sleep walker. I'm asleep rocker. My wife basically has described it like I'm possessed by something bad and I folded in the middle backwards and launched like a feel or something that's getting aggressive. And I had but the bed that she's bouncing on the other side of it. And I'm not an overly big man. It's pretty concerning.
Speaker 3: That's so good that I know he's having a fit. No no, no, no, he's just cutting sick to this, He's just driving.
Speaker 9: I know, I'm enjoying the music that I'm here. And if you know, I wake up and I've got like carpa burn on my forehead from the pillow case.
Speaker 4: I mean, sorry, did you say your wife?
Speaker 9: How does she sometimes tries to calm me down, like put a hand on me back and try and you know, or wake me up or whatever. But it's pretty intent.
Speaker 10: I'd love to be awake to see it.
Speaker 5: One day.
Speaker 6: You got to get it.
Speaker 4: Are please get her to film you when you're doing it the next time? Thanks so much, John thirteen, twenty four ten. We are taking your calls this morning one hundred and fifty dollars Earth Clay voucher to give away for the best dollar take.
Speaker 3: Us through your sleep walking situation, because it's a bit of a scary thing. I just wake up in like what was I doing last night? I have no recollection whatsoever. Often wonders, what have you committed a crime?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know? Or you could do what that woman that we've been talking about this morning did and just woke up and did all the housework.
Speaker 6: How good, It's perfect.
Speaker 7: That's that's what.
Speaker 6: What about the fitness as well?
Speaker 3: What if you get in your sleep like go for a run, ord get on the treadmill, or do push ups.
Speaker 7: Do all the crap that you don't want to do awake during the day.
Speaker 6: It's the dream, isn't that?
Speaker 7: Isn't that good? Let's go to Monica from Clarence Gardens. Good morning Monica.
Speaker 11: Good morning Jodie and Heaby.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Was it you that were sleepwalking?
Speaker 12: I loved a good sleep walk. Apparently as a six year old I was called the Tudini of sleepwalkers in my family. I believe I used to love getting out in the middle of the night, shaking and rattling all the chains of the front door. And my parents had like four bolts on the front door, just to open them all up and sit there, wiggle the chain and just stand there with the door wide open. And my mum would come out and think, oh my god, someone's robbing the house and it was intruder. And then I would follow it up the next night by escaping out the window, and quite often my mum would find me halfway outside the window my bedroom. So a fascination of just getting outside.
Speaker 6: Yes, someone's trying to rob us.
Speaker 3: No, it's okay, it's our demonic little six year old, just rattling the chain.
Speaker 4: Wake her on a stage, though, chuck her in one of those big water tanks and tie her up in one of those strap jackets and watch you get out.
Speaker 7: The girls a great little literally.
Speaker 6: You like, let's go seek clift. Good morning to you, Cassie, Good morning, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 7: We're good, Cassie. Was it you that was asleep? Yeah? What happened?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 13: When I was a kid, I was a massive sleepwalker. I've got two quick occasions that my parents had told me. One night they woke up because I was stumping down the hallway. I stumped into their room and then I just stared at them, and then that actually told me to go back to bed, and I yelled at them and said what are you doing? And then stumped my way back into my room and went.
Speaker 10: Back to sleep properly.
Speaker 13: Yeah. And then the other occasion was my dad heard some noise and he came looking for me and found me in the lounge room watching static on the TV.
Speaker 6: Oh that is scary, by the way.
Speaker 10: Very scary.
Speaker 13: They thought I was possessed.
Speaker 7: Lunatic. So this fascinates me.
Speaker 4: So when people so you're sitting there watching TV with your eyes open, yes, but you're fast asleep.
Speaker 13: Yeah, fast asleep, though I slightly open.
Speaker 3: Did you look at your parents but then your head kept on turning? Did like a full three sixty? Went back to watching theater.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Gussie, thanks so much for Nicole.
Speaker 3: Sleepwalking can be a very very scary thing. We're sharing sleepwalking stories this morning. She seems dangerous to me. It could be used for good things. Yeah, I often wonder what could happen if you used for bad things? Is it a way to get out of committing a crime?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Does it stand up in court? Is the question?
Speaker 6: Good question?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to Teresa from Mobbery Heights. Good morning to Resa. Were you the sleepwalker?
Speaker 11: Yes? I was. Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: How are you good? Good? What happened?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: I was in hospital and my dad picked me up. He was a truck driver, and he dropped me back home and he came back to check on me about two hours later, and he said, I was walking around the house like real estate agents, showing imaginary people around the house and describing the features of the house, and bless my mum and dad. Their house wasn't a very nice house. So I have no idea what I said, but my dad would just stand back in the doorway and just watch me do it. And when I finished, I just went back to bed.
Speaker 6: That's nice.
Speaker 3: We wearing sunglasses well, and a gray suit, and some white lifers with a small little secondhand Lexus park out the front as well.
Speaker 11: To Raser, I think I was because my dad said the way I described the house, he would have bought it as well.
Speaker 6: You're a good real estate agent, bro.
Speaker 4: You can see we have one point seven meters ceilings in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous entertainment of the space, the space, thick of the possibilities, renovators dream.
Speaker 4: Amazing Lauren from VICTI, Good morning, Lauren. Were you the sleepwalker did more?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 10: That was me So I was very stressed right for my wedding and doing a lot of sleet walking, and I woke up one night in the corner of my bedroom with.
Speaker 15: A Liait lighter on my head.
Speaker 10: Whoa, whoa I used to keep I used to keep the lighter on my bedsite table with my candle. I don't do that anymore, but yeah, yeah, I just I woke up and I had it leaped in my hand and I'm like, what is this done?
Speaker 7: Is horrifying, Lauren.
Speaker 4: So the wedding went okay, it was fun, excellent, beautiful.
Speaker 7: Monica from Hawthorne Deane, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Monica, good morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, well this is horrifying. What happened?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was quite horrifying. So we were traveling as a family with all my four kids, and we'd arrived and our first stop overseas. We were heading off to see family. So it was a long haul. Everyone was of course tired as you are from all that flying, and everyone went to bed and then during the night woke up to a lady standing next to our bed with our daughter and one of her kids we didn't know which of random lady and a kid and saying, your sister, your child. So this my daughter had left the hotel room, gone into the fire escape. I don't know how far away she's gone, because we were all asleep and then working up in the fire escape, petrified of course, and then knocked on the door, and fortunately it was a lovely lady with her family. And we still don't even know how they managed to out of all the doors of this random, big hotel. She did find her way back to up and it was all wonderful. But I even now, like you just we don't think about the could have been. We just think, wow, that was an adventure and Lily is here safe. So from that we learned that Lily does I didn't want to her name, but she does sleep sleepwalk when she gets overtired as well as we know she does that from you know, when she is sick or whatever, but just added that list. So from them we had to barricade every door wherever we went, suitcapers piled up, and she would still dry. I was terrified, even though it was hilarious, it was.
Speaker 3: Terrifiedly trying to escape all though she's asleep.
Speaker 8: She's Yeah.
Speaker 7: Some people put their kids to bed and read them a story.
Speaker 4: You put your kid to bed and whack a handcuff on her to the side table.
Speaker 6: Sweet dreams. Oh my god, there's a lot going on, isn't there I much going on.
Speaker 5: I need to know. I need to know now.
Speaker 16: I need to know.
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 6: I need to know what's in.
Speaker 17: The news today. To this here is what you need to know.
Speaker 1: What you need to know.
Speaker 6: With Jody and Hay, I'll tell you what's happening today, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: It's rain.
Speaker 3: And watch out for those men falling from the sky because they will hit you in the face.
Speaker 4: What a work to be single and rain men pretty much all week and all next week. If you can't land yourself, a man that's fallen from the sky this week, is something wrong with you?
Speaker 3: For goodness sake, just appoint your face in the sky and open up your mouth and one's just going to land. That's what you do. Rain snow men, they come and go. Got to rain on the way today. Jade's believable thing.
Speaker 14: While Jody laughs, I'd just like to say, helpfully, keep laughing, Jody, we've had five meals already this morning, right, okay, till five point thirty in the CBD, five meals has fallen while you were all asleep.
Speaker 4: Yep, the fifteen to thirty meals expected today.
Speaker 7: Did you just say that, Lucy?
Speaker 4: And also five to fifty eight expected tomorrow for a showdown as well.
Speaker 7: So the kicker, isn't it he's a little bit groom.
Speaker 3: Isn't it going to be a wet and windy and sloppy showdown, which, to be honest with you, is going to suit for Adelaide supporters because it's going to slightly even up the contest just a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, what else you need to know is that Whole Cogan passed away.
Speaker 7: The iconic professional wrestler.
Speaker 4: Wrestler died at age seventy one, s uff at a heart attack, and he's for at home this week.
Speaker 6: That's tough. He's iconic even for those who aren't wrestling fans. We just might put the whole planet up.
Speaker 18: You know, everybody knows that whole Camania is the strongest force in this universe. But when I hit that ring and I saw what the madness was all about, I realized there was a whole other universe out there, a whole nother frontier, and the power of the madness just boom my twenty four inch guns out.
Speaker 6: Only the Hule so that you get away with it.
Speaker 7: Who's absolutely iconic as a kid.
Speaker 4: Can you remember and I just remember all the boys running around with little Hulk Hogan figurines?
Speaker 7: Can you remember the figure?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so very sad news. Also, a very close friend of Donald Trump has.
Speaker 1: To be said.
Speaker 6: Okay that good or bad? Not really sure?
Speaker 7: I don't know us.
Speaker 4: President DT said on social media at the Holstar was a great friend.
Speaker 6: And then we go, there you go. That's what you're waking up to this morning.
Speaker 4: Still to come with Jodie and Hazy on Adelaide's One night.
Speaker 3: You jump into the show. It's that one note wonder. Yes, now you have declared that you think it's quite easy this morning. I think you're pretty good in the space to be honest. My how okay, ready to go? Here we go.
Speaker 6: Do you think that's really easy?
Speaker 16: Yep?
Speaker 18: I do.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm going to go one more time.
Speaker 7: I think that's it's pretty you know, distinctive.
Speaker 6: Is it all right? Do you think you know?
Speaker 3: The one note wonder up for grabs this morning is a one hundred dollars out you for mar Selena Adelaide's so the og of Pizza or to yours at Marcelena dot com, at dotteu or use your favor app. I'm going to play it one more time if you don't mind, because I have no idea what it is?
Speaker 7: Friday? Have you got it?
Speaker 3: Thurtday and twenty more ten, let's play it Joe's We've got a big old showdown happening on Saturday night, a showdown.
Speaker 6: At fifty eight.
Speaker 3: We thought, why don't we speak to one of the absolute best to ever do it? Three time Premiership hero Fitzroy, then Brisbane Bears, then Brisbane Lines now works for Fox Footy.
Speaker 6: It's als to Lynch, get a.
Speaker 1: Lynch, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you you've gone to the top shelf this morning? Andrew Hayes, you're not.
Speaker 6: The top part of the top shof too.
Speaker 7: Above the top Sholfees.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it's exactly the top shelf, but yeah, I'm not on the bottom.
Speaker 6: Let's go with that, mate.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the showdown and can we get your thoughts on the showdown from someone who views it from the outside. Obviously it's the biggest thing. It's the biggest thing on the day, it's the biggest thing leading up to it as well. But from someone who was a footy grade who's seen it all and done it all.
Speaker 6: What's the showdown like in your eye?
Speaker 1: Love it?
Speaker 2: I love everything about the showdown, especially Adelaide Oval, regardless.
Speaker 1: Whether it's a port game or Adelaide home game.
Speaker 2: I love the passion, love the passion of I mean South Australians like I grew up in Tazzy South Australia and tazzy similar we've got passionate football supporters. Traditionally you supported your local clubs and then had a team the VFL. But you get your own team and you're right in behind them, and I just love the passion of the supporters that go in and I'm expecting that it will be an Adelaide win, but in these games, I seem to get the upsets.
Speaker 1: There's some characters in the games.
Speaker 2: It's always a bit in the in the lead up and there's always a little bit at the end of it. So one of the great Derby's, well probably the greatest AFL derby at the moment. I mean we talk about the traditional ones. Carlton Collingwood, you know from the VFL days and historically you know they've gone that's gone on for a long time. But there's there's history in this derby and there's been some great games and great stories, and I think this is number one.
Speaker 4: Shout out to my fellow Taswegian. By the way, there going, were you Hobart or Lonnie?
Speaker 1: We'll see I'm winded on the northwest.
Speaker 7: Coast, really wind suburb winned.
Speaker 2: You can't laugh when you say that.
Speaker 1: All right, So what are we doing? Family trees?
Speaker 2: Because this might we can't talk for too long because we'll probably work out we related.
Speaker 1: So that's an issue. Where about you're from.
Speaker 4: I'm from Hobart, so I grew up sort of Glenorchy way.
Speaker 2: You grew up in Grenorky and you're hanging it on Wingard. My goodness.
Speaker 4: My dad was a TfL umpire as well, so I spent a lot of time at the North Hobart Oval.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 1: Fantastic there you go, Oh it.
Speaker 7: Is my cousin. It's my cousin, Elie Stick.
Speaker 2: There's a massive chance we've had these conversations before. You sit down with a teammate in the tazzy side or something like that and you work out, oh my cousin's your cousins. Yeah, yeah, confused and you're actually going to I'm I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't take on the cast makers.
Speaker 7: Like that, Alistair.
Speaker 4: So let's get back to the showdown show for just a second. But forum means nothing. Going into these showdowns traditionally Port in a bit of trouble, especially with injuries. Taking on the Crows who are absolutely flying literally, are they any chance of an upset?
Speaker 2: Well, because of what you said, Yeah, these sort of games do pop up upsets you wouldn't expect so, but you know Kenny Hinckley's last showdown, he's been such a huge character in the game in South Australia and certainly for Port Adelaide. He's been at the Helm when they've had some upsets Port Adelaide over the Crows. So I think this is going to be a cracking game. And yeah, I would expect though Adelaide, who are just looking really well tuned in the run up to the finals, so I think they'd win and win comfortably.
Speaker 3: Alis the Lenz from fox Foot he made we absolutely appreciate everything that you do. Was so fun watching you and it's so fun listening to you now fox Foot.
Speaker 6: So thanks for time.
Speaker 7: I'll see you at Christmas.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we'll see you around the table. And just so oh, keeping a job with Fox Footy. Make sure you're tuning in on Fox Footy or k for all these games across the weekend. No ads, and is that what we're supposed to say?
Speaker 4: Watch every game of every round of footy season lost free during play on co sports.
Speaker 7: Sign up today.
Speaker 2: There we go, beautiful, there you go there for one and the cricket all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Now I can goday.
Speaker 8: Friday.
Speaker 6: I've said it before I start it again. Two things you need to do on a Friday. Put on a pair of pants, have a drink of water.
Speaker 3: And listen to Ryan fIF fifty Friday. There you're absolute free stating your morning.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 16: This is the time of the year guys that I'm what are we five games out before the end of the home and away season? I mean this is where they ramp up your training and get yourself ready.
Speaker 17: This is where I.
Speaker 16: Would get myself ready to sit on the bench for three quarters and no.
Speaker 6: But it is.
Speaker 16: It's that time of the year and what a way to get yourself ready leading into the finals for the Cries is the showdown.
Speaker 17: I'm really nervous about this Saturday night nervous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I bet.
Speaker 4: I mean it's kind of a danger game, isn't it, because the team that's supposed to win never normally does in the team that is not surprising does.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's kind of Rosy's hand going to be all right, that's.
Speaker 4: The questions and Andrew Hayes question, you're the AFL Channel seven sports reporter.
Speaker 3: Well, there is a break in there, so he's going to be playing with pain and probably some sort of little guard there. But he's so silk and he's so smooth. It's not like last time we played Fitz. Was it last year he played in the showdown and took a punt with the hamstring and it went bang.
Speaker 16: Yeah, differently, it was an absolute mess. But do you remember was it Stevie j who had a broken hand and there was someone trying to smash his hand with Stevie Baker?
Speaker 6: Was it was a Stevie.
Speaker 16: Stevie That's right, Stevie Baker on Stevie j. He and he had a broken hand, Jody, And the whole game you just saw Stevie Baker just smashing his hand.
Speaker 17: Well, the ball wasn't even in the area.
Speaker 7: I mean, I find that filthy, that sort of hat.
Speaker 3: I remember remember O four Jonathan Brown v. Chadcorns, and Chad Corns was going after Jonathan Brown's knee.
Speaker 16: Was Chad was Yeah, yeah, I think it was was at the Grand Final as well where he had a big fight with Josh Carth Jeez.
Speaker 7: It was just on hey, hey, Fitzy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the showdown this weekend, Jack Lekoschis joined us in the studio this week eventually because he was supposed to be here at about seven forty and he sent us a text and gone and he's gone, oh my god, I've just woken up. So hopefully that's not an omen for the Port Adelaide Football Club on the weekend. But have you ever had one of those moments where you've woken up and gone, oh, should have been at work?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Actually, funny you should bring that up because it was while I was on air. So two thousand and five, remember when MTV was flying in Australia and they put on their own award show. They did an Australian MTV Music Awards, and it was the year Jodes that Anna Nicole Smith rip not with us anymore. She got up and presented an award with Kelly Slater the surfer, and she got her breasts out.
Speaker 17: Do you remember that? It was quite a Controversey.
Speaker 7: Absolutely off enough.
Speaker 17: So hazy, this is going to shock you.
Speaker 16: But I actually presented an award at the two thousand and five MTV Music Awards on behalf of Nova. I did it with Bianca die and I ended up having a huge night. I was partying with people like jar Raw and Sharon Osborne after the show, and Kelly Slater and Anna Nicole Smith. I slept in and I woke up at eight am in the morning, and I missed the first two hours of the breakfast.
Speaker 6: Sho Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: What about that feeling fits me when you wake up and you look at your phone, You're like, no, can't be it can't be that time.
Speaker 7: What times you get to bed? What time do you go to bed?
Speaker 17: Do you know what I went to bed at?
Speaker 16: I reckon around about five o'clock and we're on air at six am.
Speaker 17: Do you know the best thing about Nova?
Speaker 16: And I shout out to our ex CEO, Cath O'Connor because I still remember I was so nervous because I'd only been working less than a year and they got me to present the award and I thought, I'm in massive trouble here. Still remember the phone call she rang me after the show and she said that was the funniest hour you ever did. When you're on from eight till nine. She goes, you should do that again sometime, and I was like, what a legend. This is the place for me where they praise you being late into the into work.
Speaker 6: So fitsy. Here go, here's twelve beers each and every morning.
Speaker 7: That's outstanding.
Speaker 3: Before we let you go, we did see a very very funny video via your Instagram and also Fitzy and Kate Richie No over nine six nights you riding a bike and here's here's the audio.
Speaker 16: No, it's this is so embarrassing. But I pulled up at my place. There was a young kid walking along the road and I thought, and I'll try to do a cut of endos here bunny hops and try to impress him. But my right cleat in my bike couldn't. I couldn't get it out. So I've just actually it's like the slowly like the leaning tower of Pizza. I've just hit the decks her head and this kid's just laughing at me. Now I get up not thinking, oh no, this is so embarrassing. Went and told my wife and she said, oh that's great. Let's go and get the old CC's up on our socials.
Speaker 7: Man, it's so brilliant.
Speaker 16: Oh and you should see the bruise on my ass, do you? It's it's massive.
Speaker 17: Well you want to see it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're on video, so you yeah, we can see.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, whoa that's am I hemophiliate?
Speaker 17: Do I bruise? Easy?
Speaker 3: Also, thanks for giving us an insight. Also, did you get any injuries from falling.
Speaker 6: Off the bike?
Speaker 4: He's a titan of the Australian food industry, an award winning food journalist, a restaurant critic, and on a number of television cooking shows.
Speaker 5: Some dishes that are disasters, quite frankly laughs. He's disgusting and.
Speaker 4: You will certainly recognize him from his colorful cravats in Adelaide as an ambassador for the Adelaide Heels Winter Rest Festival for this weekend.
Speaker 7: And joining us now in studio. Please welcome that Chrystal.
Speaker 5: Lovely to be here, How lovely to.
Speaker 7: Be, how lovely to have you?
Speaker 5: I mean wine, Hello, red wine winter open fire, Yes, elegant red wine from the Adelaide Hills. I mean, what's not to love?
Speaker 6: This is?
Speaker 5: I woke up this one? Who went when this could not be better? Weather? Wet and all? I need to open fire? Yeah, a little bit of a large glass so you can really swizz all things around, because you know, drinking wine is all about how you look when you do. It's huge glass, red wine, swish it around.
Speaker 4: I'm so pleased you endorse the huge glass because my husband at home calls me buckets because I like the really big.
Speaker 5: Can we can we just clarify that the huge glass is for a small amount of wine. It's not a huge glass. What I need another bottle to go in? This glass is not what you want to.
Speaker 4: Be someone march Matt Preston out of the studio. Pase that is incorrect.
Speaker 6: Also, buckets over there? Half glass.
Speaker 7: What's your favorite type of red wine? Please?
Speaker 5: Oh look, I think it's probably Peano noir. I had a beautiful moment out and had pizza last night, because that's you know, that's the whole thing about red wine goes really well with pizzas as it.
Speaker 7: Goes well everyone's it. Domino is going, what's Preston.
Speaker 6: I went to Cray up in the Hills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's right, we did. We did have We did have of ingreen a peanut and it was very, very nice but beautiful, you know, that nice double double pepperoni pizza with a little chilly honey on the hot. But if you're going to go to places, go to places that are run by you know, the people that are on the floor. I'm a big fan of going to the independent places run chains because one they tend to care, because their livelihood is totally built into where you have a good experience and and you just get you know, the pizza we had. I think Crape was just they were just one wonder for it's not the fanciest places, but it's also not the most expensive.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 3: But we've been pulling that card for years in South Australia compared to the Eastern States, which is a little bit cheaper.
Speaker 5: But we like it. But that's a big sounth Australian mistake because because it should be the other right, it's really good. Oh yeah, and it's also not going to cost you the price of Ferrari. Yes, you're not going to have to pay for microherbs on top, and it's all those you know, the South Astraca because of the produce has always done really well. That's the great joy.
Speaker 4: I'm really keen to pick your brain on this because I feel like the way we cook now and the way we do recipes has completely transformed. Because I was like old school, out of the recipe book you would have been to. However, now everything I do is sort of off Instagram or TikTok or and then you find yourself you've screenshot a recipe and you're like, oh, I've got to go back and find that.
Speaker 7: Where is that? It's all online? How do you feel about that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Look, look I love it. I think it's fantastic. I think it. I mean, I think that the you're about it is whether the stuff's been properly tested. So you know, I've written for Delicious Taste for twenty years and everything on everything you see on those websites has been tested three times, so you know it's going to work.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Being also writing a column for The TiSER, I'm out there looking at the latest trend stuff and I'll see that great thing on TikTok. I'll try it and I'll be a disaster and it'll be disgusting because it's it's all about what it looks like. And so then going well maybe the German of grade idea you can turn into something good. So you've got to be careful. But it's like a magazine or anything. You find people already a share. You find people you can trust who give you great advice, and then they become your friends. And I think it's the same thing on social media, I think. But I think the democratization the fact that people can come up with a different idea to use, say rice paper that's fantastic, rather just making a Vietnamese role, but you know, using it to make a case of deer with rice it sounds fantasy.
Speaker 4: But the other interesting thing is the way things take off now, Like we're seeing a shortage of cottage cheese because of all these cottage cheese.
Speaker 5: Well we have exactly that problem. I'm doing a Sunday actually shinning up at Lot one hundred on as part of this this Red Rine Festival, the Winter wed Ryan Festival, and I'm doing a I've made a Dubai chocolate tart, so it's like a like a chocolate tart. It's got a thick seam of pistachio to heini and katiefi pastry.
Speaker 7: You want to decipher all that for us?
Speaker 6: Andrew host something that's really yummy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, it's really simple. You just take very finely shredded filo toasted in butter so it's golden and crunching, and then smash it with pistachios, a little bit of something sweetness like honey and tahini, and then you just mix it together into a paste you put at the bottom of your tart. It's very simple. Dubai Chocolate's been a huge, huge everywhere, but you can't get that shreaded filo anyway. So I was being cursed last week as they were trying to I think we I think we found it. Made of mine found it through a Greek mate who found it through a Greek restaurant and he managed to know the last last kelo in South Australia.
Speaker 7: Matt Preston.
Speaker 4: If people want to come along it's this weekend, how do they go about it?
Speaker 5: Jump online against some chicken, jump online and get the tickets. A lot of them is over fifty events. Most of them have sold out or close to sold out, so you know, get your friends, wrap up, warm, come out this open fires, there's red wine, and it's got a party out. The sei is great, it's good.
Speaker 3: The Adelaide Hills Wine Region hosts the biggest winter wine festival in the States, fifty producer events across the Hills this week at all charging the glass and celebration of readings right now to cool climate red Wines alongside our twenty twenty five ambassador. And this is the best bit, mister Matt Preston, Thank you for chatting with us so much for coming in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I do still want to try and win the shirtown tickets.
Speaker 4: Well I meant first called through, so yeah we got inside ten minutes.
Speaker 6: Good luck to you, mister dabreast.
Speaker 8: Gentleman and battles.
Speaker 6: We love this.
Speaker 3: What a wholesome little competition that doesn't get too competitive at all. It's called our Battle of the bang Is. It's getting quite tight. Actually it's in my favor still. Eleven to nine. This week was quite interesting. It was two thousand and three. Two songs Joe's You went with this, We so bad dance me, I want to work your buddy piece of steak.
Speaker 6: Versus a bit of counting crows. Oh, I can't.
Speaker 3: It's nice, isn't it, Big yellow Taxi? I wasn't a little more meddle super mellow, isn't it? You couldn't go into sort of different directions, could you, Big yellow Taxi versus rock your body?
Speaker 7: Make a choice? Do you want to be up and about or you want to be a little bit flat, don't you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Producer Lucy, the results are officially in which way are we going? And on top of that as well, because you're new in this space, we're going to give you a drum roll and then you can give us a result.
Speaker 6: You're ready to go, Ready to go?
Speaker 5: Go on? Okay?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 14: Three said it was close, Jody, like you said it was close, It remained close. One was sixty percent, one was forty percent. Yes, luckily, Jody was your sixty percent rocky body.
Speaker 7: If you ever want to be up and about me, oh that's true, I'll give you that. Okay, let's go, Jo t all right.
Speaker 3: It's a tight contest now then sure is takes us to eleven ten. Here is your winning song this week with Battle of the banger as justin Timberlake, fresh Iper, there you are.
Speaker 6: It's rock your body on NOE