Speaker 1: On Scorn Loves Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panety Show. Coming up tonight, will Peter Dutton rediscover his voice mojo as the Liberals lose momentum and the lead up to the federal election. Adam Crichton will be here to discuss that and plenty more. Kosher Gator will have the latest on the tariffs as the EU seeks to negotiate a fresh deal with the White House. Alex Stein will have the latest from the US, including shopping revelations about the trans national school shooter, and later in the hour, Colleen Parkin will join me to discuss some of the radical racial politics infecting Australian universities and will play your audio of a University of Queensland law lecturer for rating first year students and left he's losing It features this anti trumper wanting to know who's going to pay for her therapy.
Speaker 4: So here's what I want to know as an American for this repeated trauma that I'm going through and the rest of the world, to be quite honest, asking for the world, who do we send our therapy bill to.
Speaker 3: But first we'll start with the fallout from Donald Trump's tariff strategy and thanks to Labour's reckless economic mismanagement over the last three years, Australia may have to face the recession while in a weak fiscal position. The economic term all in recent days saw more than one hundred billion white from the ASEX two hundred on Monday, and the Australian dollar dropped under sixty US cents for the first time since April twenty twenty. But it's not all bad news. In fact, mortgage holders are set to benefit from the tariffs, with a seventy percent chance of a fifty basis point rate cut in May that will certainly ease loan repayments. Here's what Treasurer Jim Chalmers had to say.
Speaker 5: Markets are now expecting around four intrast rate cuts in Australia this calendar year. There's even a more than even money expectation in the markets, more than fifty percent expectation in the markets that the next Reserve Bank interest rate cut in May might be as big as fifty basis points.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this. A senior fellow and chief economists at the Institute of Public Affairs Adam Kricht and Adam the Australian government continues to overspend. That's something we'll discuss. But on a household level, a half a percent rate cut would just be a godsend right now with the cost of living pressures we're facing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certainly, that's right.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's one of the ironies of the super hysterical reaction for these tariff cuts is that actually, for the ordinary punter out there, you may have four interst rate cuts this year, and not only that, you've got the price of petrols fall and fifteen percent I think in three days, So both of those key costs could be coming down for ordinary people. But as you say, the government here is really not prepared for this heightened geopolitical uncertainty, the heightened economic uncertainty. We've got taxes going up, we've got spending going up, we've got get going up.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I know the Prime Minister and the Treasurer say, oh, we're so well prepared, but you know one thing that is worrying, and that is the effect of these possible tariffs on China. We've seen the price of iron ore drop significantly. That is our biggest export this could hasten the end of the resource boom, and if that is the case, we need to batten down the hatches and get serious.
Speaker 3: We may have to start approving a few projects a little bit quicker than the ten to fifteen years it can take to go through all the green and red and sometimes black tape as well. Now, the Liberals have continued to self combust. This week they dumped one of their own candidates for having the same opinions as their shadow Defense Minister. Benjamin Britain. The Liberal candidate for the New South Wales seat of Whitlam, was disendorsed by the party for saying that the Defense Force needs to remove females from combat roles in order to fix the military, in line with similar comments made by Andrew Hasty in the past. Adam, this is just more evidence of how weak the coalition is. That you're not back their own They do not back their own position and arguments. They don't tackle these difficult debates they submit no.
Speaker 6: Certainly, I thought the Liberal Party was supposed to be a so called broad church. Well this is not showing much evidence of being a broad church. I mean that fellow's views, I said, he said I think that women should not be in some combat roles. Well, that's a view that more than fifty percent of Australians probably not.
Speaker 3: In those combat roles. Most men wouldn't qualify to be in them.
Speaker 6: That is certainly true. But the point is, I mean, he's not saying anything too extreme. And the other so called extreme view was he was anti lockdown and he was anti compulsory vaccination from the COVID vaccines.
Speaker 3: On the right side of his street.
Speaker 6: So basically he's been right about everything and he just holds normal views. So I don't know why they've done that. They've just kind of wrong footed the campaign.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 6: There's always media focus on that and it really should be on the government and its failings.
Speaker 3: Now to the coalition's other major bungle this way and the part is messy. Retraction of its plan to have public servants stop working from home has left liberal MPs dismayed and angry at how badly public sentiment on the issue was misread. Multiple backbenches have privately revealed the coalition's plan to get the majority of Canberra federal public servants back into the office had proven toxic in their electorates, as many voters did not realize that policy only applied to bureaucrats and not to ordinary workers. Adam, this is again a problem, a failure in messaging, in failing to communicate a policy that actually should be hugely popular. I don't recall Premier Chris Mince having many problems with this when he campaigned on it before he became New South Wales premier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, that is true. It should have been so much better. Although, just to briefly blow my own trumpet, I did say a month ago on Q and A that this policy would not work politically, and it hasn't because they haven't been able to sell it properly. Sadly, work from home is very popular with a lot of people, and they thought that this policy applied to them. Of course it did not, as you suggested, only about the public service. But you know, people don't pay much attention to politicians into politics, especially this election campaign, which, let's face it is a bit of a snooze fest.
Speaker 3: It is, and the Labor Party and their activists of which there are many in the media, when hard on this policy. This was anti female, it was misogynist. It was going to set female workers back decades. I mean the hyperbole employed was extraordinary, but it's work. They've backtracked on a key policy. Now let's check in with how the election campaign is playing out on social media. We'll look at some Labor Party ads. I've got to say that they are creative. You've got to give them that. We'll start off with Environment Minister Tania Plebisex shed They had this to say, so apparently.
Speaker 6: Peter doesn't stand a backflip on working from home. Who believes that he can change what he says, but he can't change.
Speaker 1: Who he is authorized perics and ALP camera.
Speaker 3: Now that was a bit more conventional. That's the sort of ad we expect. Let's have a look at some of the more wacky, bizarre or this time, I think they're attempting to portray Albow or some kind of I don't know, alpha male heartthrop M, lock up your wives. I don't know what. I don't know who that's targeting. Here's Elbow dropping some mad beats. These are official ads, people, official ads.
Speaker 8: They are.
Speaker 1: Completely authorized per ALP camera.
Speaker 3: And Labor are not above a little bit of election misinformation.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 9: The problem Pit is.
Speaker 8: All no no, no, no to tax cuts.
Speaker 4: No to help in the cost of living.
Speaker 3: Coming shouldn't debt.
Speaker 6: He's a note of everything unless it's big long lunches for bosses.
Speaker 3: Then he's a massive Yes.
Speaker 1: Authorized perics and alp camera and the Greens.
Speaker 3: We should never forget the Greens. Let's have a look at this effort. Yeah, they want to know.
Speaker 10: Authorized by ACROF for the Greens, New South Wales, Sydney.
Speaker 3: I've got a pause for some sort of commentary there. What was that, Adam?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 3: Look what are the green smoking?
Speaker 12: Look?
Speaker 6: I just think taken collectively, if these ads are effective, it's a reminder that we have to get rid of compulsory very soon.
Speaker 3: But let him cook one.
Speaker 6: I mean he's been cooking for three years that the dish is not particularly tasty. But no, maybe, but maybe people like this stuff. But overall it's a sad indictment on our politics, isn't it.
Speaker 3: These ads are pathetic, are pathetic, But there's ones that are having cuts through on social media. As we know, social media is where people are absorbing so much of their news. It's not just young people anymore. We're talking to people fifty and under and increasingly over fifty as well. This is where you can reach people who are not that engaged, and this is a sort of nonsense reaching them. Let's have a look at what a conservative activist group, Advance has been up to.
Speaker 1: Forget you Pal, thanks for nothing?
Speaker 3: Shall I say, forget you Pal, thanks for nothing?
Speaker 2: And I start right out of there.
Speaker 7: That's talent them.
Speaker 12: Homer, authorized by Sandra Berg, Advance Australia Camera.
Speaker 3: I've got to say Advance are a lot more clever than whoever's doing the liberals ads. And I would just stay far were them my maxim phone calls and collaborate because they are just putting ads together, whether they're social media ads or mainstream media ads that actually are huge. They're not cringey and just so predictable.
Speaker 6: And everyone loves the Simpsons to the Simpsons illusion.
Speaker 3: It's kind of our generation. Maybe that's so we like it.
Speaker 6: But you know, generally the two major parties are so close together that you just get these sorts of ads kind of adds about nothing. So it's really an indictment on both the major parties.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Rising tide has struck again. Earlier today, a climate protest a disrupted at press conference about mental health to heckle the Prime Minister.
Speaker 11: When it came to working from home and the sacking of forty one thousand public services.
Speaker 7: And and I haven't been.
Speaker 3: Adam. These folk will never be happy. I mean, how much more green can the Australian government be? But they're still carrying on like that. I'm surprised we're not having masses of them super gluing themselves to the streets because we saw that for several years.
Speaker 6: Well look, I thought it was ironic that she was crashing a mental health sum because if there's any evidence of a mental health crisis, it's surely that woman.
Speaker 3: I mean, not passing any sort of judgments on her mental health. Let me just say that in case, just particularly now. Of course, now this is worry news for Peter Dutton anth now but easy as we know, strengthening his position in the polls as preferred leader and the negative feedback from voters is very interesting on Peter Dutton. Now let's take this with a grain of salt because this is Labor Commission focus groups that I'm about to quote from. But these are some of the words that these people in these focused groups have used to describe the Liberal leader. They include extreme creepy, agro charmless too, trumpy, looks better with glasses and a banker with a w AM I allowed to say that on television. I'm not sure do we take this seriously. I mean, certainly the polls show that Anthony Alberanese is increasing his lead, but I would suggest that's not because he looks scary Peter Dutton. It's just because we're not hearing much from him. That differentiates the coalition from what we already have, and.
Speaker 6: I think the coalition should be taking advantage of this persona. I mean, he comes across as stern and serious and authoritative, and these are uncertain times, so that should be working. But sadly it's not so far with the coalition.
Speaker 3: Well, what can they do to turn things around? We saw how successful Peter Dutton was in turning around those poll numbers and getting the voice vote defeated, getting the referendum defeated. How can he tap back into that, Peter Dutton, because that's been missing, I've got to say in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, because there was a stark difference, there was a real choice. I think so far in this campaign there's not really a real choice I mean the issues are fairly minor. I think if they want to turn the tie, they need a big announcement that gets everyone's attention, and it's going to be controversial, you know. I think we get the IPA would suggest say that we're going to dump net zero. That's what the Tories did in the UK. They've done it, They've announced it. It's not economically or even scientifically possible, so we may as well dump it and let's have the argument.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, let's have the debate. It's a cost of living election, and cost of living is impacted greatly by energy costs, so absolutely, that would be a battleground that I think he could win. Adam Christ And thank you for your time tonight.
Speaker 7: Thanks Reda.
Speaker 3: Well, here is a case of HUTSBA. China is accusing the US of bullying after America's slapped tariffs on Beijing, and Old Trump has made it clear that he will impose additional tariffs on China if they impose retaliatory tariffs.
Speaker 8: They put a thirty four percent tariff on above what their ridiculous tariffs were already, and I said of that tariff isn't removed by tomorrow at twelve o'clock. We're putting a fifty percent teriff on above the tariffs.
Speaker 9: That we put on.
Speaker 3: This comes as countries scrambled to make deals with the White House, offering to remove tariffs on US products in return for relief from US tariffs. Joining me now is Guyanese contributor Kosher Gata. Kosher China, which uses economic coersion to bully smaller countries, is seriously claiming to be bullied here. It's rich and they impose these tariffs on countries around the world, so for them to be upset about this. It's one thing for Australia to be upset, but China is not really embrace free trade as we know it.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of stagecraft going on in this issue that's rocked the world obviously, and between the US and China, which is a special part of this whole trade what that's happening, It really is the battle of the century between the two superpowers.
Speaker 3: And if we're.
Speaker 12: Moving towards a multipolar world, which is what Tiam Trump actually does believe in, which no longer going to be a single superpower, but China is going to be a fellow superpower. It has to be recalibrated and tariffs is where this battle is coming to a head. So they're jockeying against it with each other. And what they're after is obviously trade balance where they're both doing ten to twelve percent of trade with each other. But if you add indirect trade that US bound, China relies on the US more. So that's the leverage that Trump is imposing. The leverage that China has is that a lot of the supply chains that sit there for vital goods from fertilizer to penicillin, and they know that semiconductors, et cetera hard to bring that back overnight. And so this is where you're kind of seeing the rubber hit the road. It could spill out into arenas beyond even tariffs and trades, which is restricting immigration or student visas. We're not anywhere near there yet, but I would not be surprised if all of that gets put on the table.
Speaker 3: The supply Chin issue is enormous, isn't it, because successive leaders have really neglected that area. I think during COVID we realize how dependent we were on China and how dangerous that was, and it's something that has to be addressed whoever's in the White House. You cannot have vital goods dependent on China. You've got to be self sufficient enough that your penicillin doesn't have to come via China or a portion of it come from China.
Speaker 12: And that is something to write that. COVID really put that in the spotlight, and the US has a lot of economic mate to wield in that regard, but it is a lesson for everybody, including Australia.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Now, au nations are ready to negotiate with the US. Let's hear from the European Commission President.
Speaker 13: We stand ready to negotiate with the United States. Indeed, we have offered zero for zero tariffs for industrial goods, as we have successfully done with many other trading partners, because Europe is always ready for a good deal, so we keep it on the table, but we are also prepared to respond through countermeasures and defend our interests.
Speaker 3: It's interesting they have offered zero for zero tariffs for industrial goods. Is that going to be enough for Donald Trump? Or is that too narrow?
Speaker 12: It feels like it's a start, and it happened awfully quickly. I think Madame Ursula over there, you know, talks about it as, ah, this is something we do all the time.
Speaker 3: It's no big deal.
Speaker 12: She didn't do it last week or last month or last year when she could have. Look, it's a start. I think what Trump is after is twofold. One is reciprocity, so the zero for zero is one shape that that could take. The other is actually trade balance, where the number of things that are present in the market here that come from Europe is somewhat reciprocal in terms of the trade that we do there. So he talks about how US streets are flooded with European and Japanese cars. The reverse is not true, for instance, so that will take longer. Where the tariffs even the playing field enough that step two is that hopefully the Europeans are actually importing more American goods, which helps to go towards reindustrializing America, which is.
Speaker 3: Ultimately his coal now a massive wind for the Trump administration. In the Supreme Court lifting a lower court order that blocked the deportation of Venezuela and Gang bang Is, among others. Kosher was a five to four decision. Amy Coney Barrett, who Donald Trump appointed in his first term, sided with the three leftists in the court, tell me about this victory, what it means for the deportation plan and the commentary around Coney Barrett. A lot of people are saying she's Donald Trump's biggest mistake.
Speaker 12: A lot of people from the Trump base are not happy with her for this decision and another decision her and Chief Justice John Roberts can't rely on them as always been conservative. But notwithstanding that, this is a win five to four for Trump. This is that case a few three Saturdays ago when Justice Boseburg, the Federal DC District Coort judge, said and ordered the planes that were midflight outside of US airspace on their way to taking those to El Salbert or taking those gang members out, have to be turned around and brought back. They defied it. This has been running its way up the court. Trump team asked for an emergency hearing with the Scottis and they said that he does have as Commander in chief jurisdiction in invoking that act and seeing and declaring who is a predatory invasion or incursions or not at war with Venezuela. That's where people were arguing. But it is an invasion as defined by him, and he has full jurisdiction to do that, not this judge from DC. They did say that there are some due process rights that should be or could be allowed to these folks, but it would have to be in the venue where they were held, which would be Texas and not DC. So it's definitely a slap back on Judge Boseburg. And it is a win for Trump because they're going to be able to continue declaring these most criminal violent gang members and the lake and getting that out of the country quickly.
Speaker 3: And the venue is particularly important, very big difference between DC and Texas there. And this development in the Supreme Court comes as more than one hundred illegal immigrants were nabbed as part of a five day mess deportation operation in New York. Now, what's interesting about this Kosher Among those detained worth three convicted killers. Reports. The group of murderers includes a forty nine year old from Trinidad and Tobago, a thirty two year old from El Salvador, and a seventy year old from the Dominican Republic. When Trump talks about criminals, hardened criminals being amongst these illegal immigrants, this is what he's talking about. Because the border was so completely compromised, that he literally had killers crossing over and living freely in the.
Speaker 12: Community, and the horrible cases that will live on an infamy like Lake and Riley and others who were killed by people exactly like this and this profile. This is the thing, right. So there's the legal thing with the Scottish ruling and the minutia of which jurisdiction and what the Article two powers are versus Article three. That's all important, But the everyday person isn't in the weeds. Following that, the everyday person does understand criminals with tattoos all the way up to their faces coming in. These young, able bodied men who have no business being here were openly welcomed in and then committing crimes. So that it really is a win win for Trump. No matter what he does, he wins. The people are behind him, and the Democrats are really in a box they think politically when they keep defending people in.
Speaker 3: This The Democrats were smart, they would just ignore this issue. They would just try not to bring any publicity to it and let him do what he wants to do in this arena. Because, as you said, anytime there's any sort of media attention, there's any courtroom challenges. It's good for Trump. This is a policy that he wins on with the majority every single time. Now, this has got to be the funniest story of the year for me so far. The New York Post reports Kamala Harris was absolutely blindsided by her landslide loss to Donald Trump. She had bought the hype herself. She thought her campaign was in good shape. They had more money, they had good press, and of course those dodgy poll numbers that no one with a brain trusted. But she actually thought she was going to win, win comfortably. This is all in a new book on the twenty twenty four presidential election by The Hill correspondent Amy Parnes. She also says Tim Walls, Kamala's VP candidate, was so stunned by Kamala's terrible performance that he was unable to speak on election night. The author describes the Minnesota governor sitting in his hotel room silently on election night as staffers tried to explain the crushing loss. I can just picture that that is kind of a hilarious in many ways. How could they not see this? Surely they have learned over the years that the polls always underestimate Trump that no matter how much good press you get, the media's influence has diminished, and Kamala was a poor candidate, just like Hillary was.
Speaker 12: It is so hard to believe. I'm sure sure Amy Parnas reporting is well sourced and this did happen, and it is in that way it is possible to believe because but Kamlin goes to the point that she didn't have a lot of depth, just to be very blunt about it, and a lot of people said that about her. So she sounds like somebody who at the high level.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got.
Speaker 12: More money than Team Trump, which she did. I've got more press and favorable press, which she did. So everything's good. I've got some polls that are saying I'm going well. And she never was able to go deeper and dig deeper and like, check the validity of that, or how much does money matter? How much does mainstream media press matter? To your point, So maybe she was just floating on that surface level and got a shock. We heard similar reports of Hillary Clinton. Apparently it was very very shocked twenty sixteen November.
Speaker 3: That one you.
Speaker 12: Could still believe because she was a worthy contender. This one to anybody who's not in the little bubble. It just feels so impossible to imagine kershageda.
Speaker 3: Thank you pleasure still to come. My lefties losing it? Plus Alex Stein is here with the latest from the US, including shocking revelations about the trans Nashville school shooter. Welcome back. It's time for lefties losing it? And what is it with the left and violence? They cannot help themselves. Time and time again they resort to violence, whether it's mass violence like we saw with the BLM and Antifa riots, or one on one violence like this next clip. What chair as this lefty loses it during a discussion about abortion, attacking a pro life activist Savannah Craven and Taau.
Speaker 14: I think that you just don't understand the magnitude of having a child's here. Well, I'm not the one who admitted they would be okay with killing maybies and foster care and killing children that have been abused.
Speaker 3: That's the point.
Speaker 15: What a sex really.
Speaker 3: With charming? That punch left Savannah bruised and bleeding. But it's okay because the charming abortion enthusiast who threw that part lunch has since apologized. Well, sort of. Brianna Rivers of The bron said this of her victims. She said, Savannah is a professional antagonist, not a reporter, and the truth will be told. I will not allow my image to be defamed by this woman's actions. Anyone who knows me knows how respectful I am. I don't even litter. There's no way you believe I'm punching people for disagreeing with my point of view. A lady, I do believe you would punch people because of their point of view, because I've just been watching it. That's precisely what you did.
Speaker 7: Dear me.
Speaker 3: I think what these lefties need is therapy. This next woman agrees with me, but she wants taxpayers or Trump supporters to pay for her therapy because she can't cope in the age of Trump.
Speaker 4: All right, So here's what I want to know as an American for this repeated trauma that I'm going through and the rest of the world, to be quite honest, asking for the world, who do we send our therapy bill to? Because now that you've dismantled the entire healthcare system.
Speaker 3: RFK Junior, you find moron.
Speaker 10: What are we supposed to do?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Actually, are there any therapists left. They're probably not allowed to therapize us, right right.
Speaker 3: I really do think it's high time that we made asylums great again. Forget about building the wall, build asylums. Talking about asylums, Time to check in with MSNBC. Let's hear from Democrat operatives Simone Sanders here, she's crying for gang bangers being sent to Al Salvador. Remember, the American taxpayer saves a fortune by housing these criminals in El Salvador instead of US prisons.
Speaker 16: I would like to know who's the camera crew that was hired to film this propaganda and what company is literally exploiting the men in these videos for what The men that you see in these videos that are dressed in white, that the United States sets to El Salvador, your tax dollars are paying for them to be housed there. They didn't just pay for the plan. The tax dollars are paying for every single one of these men, many of them. Now we now innocent to people who are not gang members.
Speaker 3: Innocent people, she says, yes, the sort of innocent people covered in gang tattoos, cavorting with criminals and in the country illegally. Time for a Scott Jennings special on sin and this time his schools. A Karen No, really, that's that's her name.
Speaker 2: So if we were to just keep question who's more popular right now, Donald Trump, are congressional Democrats, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Don't Trump happens if you do, it doesn't He said, A fifty.
Speaker 6: You're sitting at twenty eighty.
Speaker 4: He's fifty actually, And increasingly people are okay, you want to call the ass sure, Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We're not going to go to the map over to.
Speaker 4: His numbers are going his approval readings are going down.
Speaker 3: We got to leave it there now. This week I'll be bringing you plenty of footage of the mass tantrum happening around America and in other countries as well. It's like it's twenty seventeen all over again. Let's check out the crowd here and tell me if you notice something about these supposed pro democracy protesters. Yes, did you notice the number of boomers, their elderly folk. These are the people who benefited greatly from America being a manufacturing superpower once upon a time, who bought their homes at a reasonable price. They're protesting for the status co if you think the majority of Trump voters care about billionaires losing billions and the share markets diving, then you haven't been paying attention. Here are some sobering facts. In the US, ninety three percent of the stock market is held by just ten percent the top ten percent. The bottom fifty percent of Americans hold only around one percent of all stocks and mutual fund shares. Now let's go to Senator Josh Howley. He's had enough of paid activists and assorted lefty troublemakers. Here he turns the tables on Code Pink activists who are calling him a baby killer, and he reminds them of their funding from China, China, the blood of leaders.
Speaker 11: You're a baby killer, blood, the blood.
Speaker 3: Of the Chinese. Yep, it's high time that these anti Israeli mobs got a taste of their own medicine.
Speaker 2: You're along the ride.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't use the offense.
Speaker 17: You're a you.
Speaker 8: We're speaking their money, and that you are rapidly inta.
Speaker 2: You are absolutely morally districtive, and I look forward to one day the moral come upments that you will deserve. You are morally uphil You are appalling for the Jews.
Speaker 14: You you are a war criminal, baby killer, baby killering.
Speaker 3: I just love the way he said, so what when she kept saying I'm a healthcare worker like that gives her immunity from criticism for her abhorrent activism. Now we've covered at length Disney's latest woke disaster, snow White film that is bombing at the box office, and one that is so bad that even Disney seems a little bit of shame, scaling back the promotion dramatically. But listen here as the star Rachel Zegler does a massive backflip. She's gone from bagging the original story to saying it'sn't an example to admire.
Speaker 18: That is part of the beauty of Snowweight. It has been for eighty eight years now that she just sees the good and everyone and everything. And I hope that I and so many people who watch this film can embody that as well.
Speaker 3: And let's have a good news story. Watch this thief be chaste and tackle to the ground. And the humiliation did not end there. Watch Granny put the Baddy in a headlock. Now, too, fresh revelations of what fuel the deadly rampage of the National school shooter who killed six, including three children aged just nine at a Christian school in March twenty twenty three. So much of her manifesto was deliberately excluded from the official report released last week, but Megan Kelly got her hands on the FBI report and the full manifesto.
Speaker 19: The report from the Nashville Police barely touched on the full scope and breadth of what was contained. The killers struggles with her gender, her obsession with gender identity, alarming racial animis toward herself as a white person, and how those factors contributed to the act that she committed that day. Why do you think they excluded all of this? Why are those two things too hot to touch? What the Nashville Police represented was that her trans ideology, her gender confusion had absolutely nothing to do with a horrific action too.
Speaker 3: From how do you why?
Speaker 19: How do you glean that this stuff is all over her ratings.
Speaker 3: Not only was this mass killer who was born Audrey but calling herself Adrian, obsessed with radiol gender ideology, she also had a deep hatred of America and of white people.
Speaker 19: The killer writes about how epic it would have been if she had shut up her own high school quote, kill all the white kids. Kill my own race fys, destroy all the white people who are teachers, Let all the black kids go unless if I don't like you. The killer goes on, un quote being white sucks, but being black is so cool. Black people should rule, White people should fall every white person who lived and died.
Speaker 10: I hate you all.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is comedian and host of Primetime with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. Alex Stein. This is deeply disturbing, but it paints a very vivid picture, indeed, of what motivated this mascular and for two years, authorities have deliberately suppressed those key details.
Speaker 17: Well, Rita, they have to suppress those key details because when you look at this situation, like multiple other situations that are similar, it's not a gun problem, it's a mental health problem. And when you see that there's a multiple transgender shooters that are you know, on mentally you know, they're all diagnosed as mentally ill, and they're all on some sort of anti depressent or anti psychotic drug.
Speaker 7: So there seems to be.
Speaker 17: A pattern when it comes to this, and they try to, you know, keep that narrative from actually you know, reaching the mainstream. Even though conservatives have been screaming about this constantly, So this only reinforces people like libs of TikTok and people like myself and people that have actually spoke out about the pattern recognition when it comes to these shootings.
Speaker 3: Now, alex I mentioned in Lefties that the stock market correction or crash, whatever you want to call it, is obviously enraging the usual suspects. It's certainly alarming segments of Trump's supporter base as well, including the few billionaires who support him. They've lost a lot of money. But the majority of his supporter base expected, indeed voted for major economic reform. They knew full well they'd be upheaval, they'd be winners and losers. The goal is to make American manufacturing and American workers the winners in the long run. Tell me how this policy is being received, not just by Americans in general, but particularly by Trump's base.
Speaker 17: Well, you see people like Elon Musk who's speaking out against it. But of course Elon Musk owns a multinational corporation, multiple multinational corporations, so it makes sense why he wants open trade, so you know he has a vested interest in it. But when it comes to the fairness of the trade between America and all these other foreign countries. It's been unfair for a long time.
Speaker 7: And you said it best.
Speaker 17: I mean, when in reality, lesson one percent of the population owns ninety nine percent of the wealth.
Speaker 7: When stuff like this happens, of course, people get affected.
Speaker 17: People have put in money in their portfolio, and they that go down.
Speaker 7: But I have no doubt in my mind that the stock market will recover, because it usually always does and will bounce back.
Speaker 17: So it's just kind of a tough time in the short term. In the long term, when all of these manufacturing jobs, like Hyundai potentially building a twenty billion dollar factory in the United States, it's going to create American jobs and it's going to make our economy stronger in the long run.
Speaker 3: Well, the bottom fifty percent in America only hold one percent of shares. They're far less concerned by stock market fluctuations, no matter how dramatic they may be. And I found this discussion illuminating. This is the Treasury Secretary Scott percent speaking to Tucker Carlson about the two Americas, not left and right necessarily, but those who are financially comfortable and those who are struggling like never before.
Speaker 2: I was really struck by two different statistics. Last year, summer of twenty twenty four, Americans took more European vacations than they had in history. Summer of twenty twenty four, more Americans were using food banks than they ever have in history. I went into two food banks near my hometown to ask what's the story, and they said, you know, for a lot of people, it's a loss of dignity to walk in a food bank. Course, it wasn't their traditional clientele. Wasn't people who'd lost their homes. Were was it people out on the street. These were working families.
Speaker 3: Alex working people having to go into food banks just to put food on the table. They just cannot afford it to feed their families. That is just not something that is sustainable for a first world nation to have people who are working full time who still can't afford the basics.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here in America, I mean I they say the land of milk and honey.
Speaker 17: But for a lot of people, they're struggling, especially with our college system. You know, these kids get out of college and they're in so much debt. They have to do some sort of gig economy type job like you know uber or uber eats, just to kind of make ends meet in between.
Speaker 7: Working a nine to five entry level job.
Speaker 17: So it sounds crazy that you have to work two jobs in America to make it, but you really do. And you know you're competing with legal immigrants for some jobs, you're competing with artificial intelligence, so you know, it's tough. And even if you do make a living, I'm going to be honest, I make a decent living. But still, you know, my dad's older trying to save money for him, and it's just even me making a decent amount of money. Things are so expensive now, so I'm not surprising more people are going to food banks, and really I'm happy at least there are food banks in our country. At least we can help some people out. We probably need to do more to help out the struggling Americans, and I think in our country is headed in that direction.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why so many people in the States and elsewhere really do not care too much about stock market fluctuations. That they're not that that's not what's keeping them up at night. What's keeping them up up at night is how they're going to feed their families now. President Trump hosted the LA Dodgers today at the White House. He had the team cracking up after he refused to name a couple of senators that he doesn't like and others.
Speaker 9: We have a couple of senators here.
Speaker 8: I just don't particularly like them, so I won't introduce.
Speaker 9: Over the course of this amazing season the members of this team.
Speaker 7: I didn't think it was that big a deal.
Speaker 3: Washington never seen him so relaxed. He doesn't seem too bothered by the tariff milldowns.
Speaker 17: No, And isn't that just so funny to watch Donald Trump just be himself? You know, that was totally off the caff. He just had listening. I don't even want to recognize the senators. I don't like them. They don't like me, so I'm not going to give them my attention. That's just him being himself. And that's what we didn't have with Joe Biden. Joe Biden was constantly if he was off script, he was basically just drooling on himself, sadly, So, you know, I love to see a president pretty relaxed like that. And that was an own and he wasn't even trying to own the senators that were there, So that was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was surprised that that was such a big deal that he wasn't going to do that. He had the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw presenting him with his own forty seven jersey.
Speaker 12: Let's have a look, mister President, we have a gift for you as well.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: He's quite a superstar, Clayton, and you've got a history with him, Alex, do tell me what it is.
Speaker 7: Well read.
Speaker 17: Clayton Kershaw and I we went to high school together at Highland Park High School in Dallas, Texas, where Clayton and I in middle school. We were on the same Lim League baseball team. And he's a future Hall of Famer. You see that's me. I'm the really obese athlete right there, you can tell.
Speaker 20: And then also Matthew Stafford, who was a quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams who recently won a Super Bowl. So I used to think of about baseball, but maybe it's because I was playing against two, you know, future Hall of famers in different sports. So yes, I'd love to see Clayton give that jersey to Donald Trump and Clayton. You know, he's a pretty politically moderate, but I know that all the liberals in California and Los Angeles especially are.
Speaker 17: Crying seeing him hand that jersey to Donald Trump. That was awesome to watch.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you had two absolute superstars in that one little team. I mean, that is incredible, little little school in Texas, and you've got well three stars now from that little team. Now, before you go, Alex, Michelle Obama's podcast has been a big failed despite considerable hype and promotion and I'm sure a very lucrative contract. She's gone there, she just isn't getting the numbers on YouTube or elsewhere. I kind of meagine why.
Speaker 21: I think a lot of young people, a lot of people in general, because of their narrow view of what's possible, they find themselves limiting what life could look like. And I always challenge young people now to first think about your why, you know, don't think about the what. Don't worry about numbers and titles.
Speaker 3: Alex, She's supposed to be wildly popular, but this little chat we're having right now is going to have more views on YouTube by the morning than her podcast.
Speaker 17: Rita, You're exactly right, and you're not being egotistical at all of this left he's losing it. Clip will have millions, and I believe her last podcast had thirty eight thousand views.
Speaker 7: And she has a marketing team.
Speaker 17: That is, you know, the same ones I think that work with the royal family. So the fact that they can't even get people to care about her podcast, and that's with her brother, it's just it's it's really it shows you that she's not as likable as the Democrats think. And what I really think though, would make the podcast a hit. If she talked about a relationship with Barack and she said that they were having problems. Could you imagine if it was almost like a divorce therapy podcast? Then you would watch that. Then I would watch. I think that's what she has to do. She has to have the public Hollywood divorce and that sounds insane, but that's the only way to save that podcast.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, she's got to take one for the team and have a big revelation. Alex Stein, thanks for your time. Tonight still to come, Colleen Harken joins me to discuss some of the radical racial politics infecting Australian universities. Welcome back. Joining me now is Institute of Public Affairs Research Fellow and director of the IPS Schools Program, Colleen Hearken with a University of Queensland where senior lecturer Danny Linda has berated first year law students after she supposedly witnessed tens of students walking out of a previous lecture when she started talking about Indigenous Australian legal history. Let's listen to some of what she had to say.
Speaker 15: What I'm not going to tolerate, no matter what your politics are, is any form of discrimination, particularly when it's directed at me and my cultural identity as an average nor woman.
Speaker 22: I am an expert in the field.
Speaker 15: I'm recognized internationally and nationally for the work that I've done, and I'm the course coordinator with authority to run this subject.
Speaker 22: The way in which I see fit and the way in which I see fit is in alignment with the Council of Australian Law Deeds and their approach to indigenizing and their commitment to in digenizing the curriculum.
Speaker 3: Now, Colleen, she's told the students she would remember their faces and they better watch them because this could be impacting the academic results. After all, she's going to determine how well they do in this course.
Speaker 10: It's appalling, Rita.
Speaker 23: The fact that the irony of this is that her area of expertise is the foundations of law, and she's a lawyer herself, and she's threatening students.
Speaker 10: So where does that fit into the.
Speaker 23: Framework of actually the rule of law and what it means to implement the law fairly to everybody. It's an apputation. My personal view is that she should be still down. She's threatening students that unless they actually agree with her, she's indigenizing a curriculum that is not really related.
Speaker 10: To actually legal studies.
Speaker 23: As you said, these people have got really good schools in their atar. They have a right to a proper education.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we are seeing this sort of activism across the board, whether kids are studying medicine, studying law. It seems to be infecting every area on can and if your grades are dependent on lecturers like this, if they take a if they object to your political positions, if they don't like your politics, then that could impact your school potentially and your career prospects completely.
Speaker 23: You're very exposed to their sensitivity. Whatever this sensitivity happens to be. Our research showed that we did an audit of the teacher training and about a year and a quarter of teacher training is work material where indigenous curriculum is pustioned.
Speaker 10: So we've got people who are being.
Speaker 23: Retrained to be uneducated and they're the people who are going back into classrooms. This sort of activism within primary secondary and university sector is rife absolutely now.
Speaker 3: The Coalition has announced plans to get rid of work activism and ideological agendas in universities through ministerial intervention in what is taught in courses. Opposition Education spokeswoman Sarah Henderson said she would direct the Tertiary Quality Education and Standards Agency to take action against the indoctrination of students if the Coalition wins the election. Well, how would that work? Coaline air And it's all good and well to have a policy like that, but will it actually be implemented and will it have any effect on campus level?
Speaker 23: Well, hopefully if Senator Henderson becomes the Minister for Education, hopefully she actually has the courage to see through those statements because it's one thing to save them and that it's another thing to actually do them and the Coalition was in government for a long time and didn't make the great you know, it didn't make the inroads that they said that they would. So it is imperative that students have the right to a non indoctrination environment in the school and that they get the opportunity to critically analyze.
Speaker 10: And to think for themselves.
Speaker 23: And as I said, I hope she has the courage to actually implement what she's saying.
Speaker 3: You're so right. We've had successive coalition terms and they really did very little to tackle this, whether it's at higher education or primari or secondary school level. Now we're hearing that special equity provisions for student entry into university courses. They're supposed to be pretty rare occurrences when someone has got a genuine issue that is impacting their ATAR score, But according to fresh Starter, one in three university applicants are using special access schemes to gain bonus entry points as equity enrollments reach record highs. Colleen, we've got things like divorce, disability, poverty. They're amongst the more common equity provisions being claimed, but one in three, I mean, it's almost making the entry score seem irrelevant.
Speaker 23: It's an extraordinary statistic, and of course through periods in time where something extraordinary happens during that year twelve year, and of course special considerations should be given. But that's the whole the keyword there is special consideration. It ought not to be as common as thirty percent of the population. And I personally want to keep my airplanes in the air. You know, buildings staying afloat, not buildings a float, but you know, building staying up and in place.
Speaker 10: I don't want to have a scenario where we are at risk.
Speaker 23: Of the standard of the students, so I actually can't do the job that this diversity, equity and inclusion process has compromised the whole of society really because whatever the course that their students are doing, if they're not capable of doing the study, they're simply not capable of doing it.
Speaker 10: And we have to be realistic about that.
Speaker 3: Now before you go. The University of Sydney has started hiring a team of academics to help indigenize and decolonize its courses. One of the new roles is going to be a Senior Education Design Officer who would be executing transformative curriculum projects aimed at embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island and knowledge perspectives, texts and media within curriculus projects. This sounds very much like what we're seeing in secondary schools. In primary schools. Why stop there?
Speaker 23: Why not have it at universities too, correct The activism in the curriculum is from kindergarten all the way through. They're just not listening to what the people wanted. We had a referendum, the result was very clear. It sounds to me like they're trying to push this division by stealth.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Colin Harkin, thank you so much for your time tonight, and that's it from May. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow night. Up next is Newsnight