Speaker 1: All welcome on the podcast.
Speaker 2: We are a few men and women down today.
Speaker 1: We have a few men and.
Speaker 2: Because she went to the Gold Coast meet her little baby, Helly helly hally, that's right, and her flight got canceled so she could not get home landing pretty soon. Lands is off today duty poor and.
Speaker 1: Off for the day.
Speaker 2: He's on the duty.
Speaker 1: We have old school Franco filling in. I don't know if this will work, but are they coming?
Speaker 3: Franco good, Hey guys, oh, my friends, And Franco from his gaming chair in Woongong is doing the video.
Speaker 1: From my ikea office chair. Thank you very much. Sorry, I apologize I missed it. Not a gaming chair yet's not a gaming chair to office chair. Yes, Franco was out at a brewer last night when I rang him and said, hey, can you help us here?
Speaker 2: Thanks for helping, Frank go worries, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: We've want to go into Hide and Seek and live with us again. Franco.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, once a year, I could probably do.
Speaker 1: That's that's enough, Chase, five days a year, I could do.
Speaker 2: No. I need a break from I need a break from being locked in a house with all of you, especially twenty five.
Speaker 1: Then I'd be uh right, leave it there. Believe it.
Speaker 2: The thumb's here with his big mouth in the podcast because we've got no stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what this is. Busy, this is walking our work experience podounce. He was lovely.
Speaker 2: Clint's gone because he's got to read the news tonight. So it's just the three of me guys.
Speaker 1: And you needed a buffer, I thought so.
Speaker 2: I thought I'd come in here and beat the buffer. Yeah, because we're three hours for Brecky No thanksually busy at this time.
Speaker 1: So you want to get me out. He likes to get me out.
Speaker 2: I actually didn't have breakfast this one out of water Melogie for breakfast. Should we go for breakfast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: For Brecky's, probably might have to take you up for breakfast. Buy my coffee. We go to say in Arlee, let's go get the corn for.
Speaker 1: It is get the dirty eggs, DIY.
Speaker 2: Don't do the smashed avocado palmesan thing anymore.
Speaker 1: They do it.
Speaker 2: So early for Dons. But we will, we will.
Speaker 1: They were serving those chicken pop PaaS left, right and center. I was telling you earlier I met Nick, the owner of don Don's yesterday.
Speaker 2: I love that you're going to call it don Don's. That's what my friends call it.
Speaker 1: He came over, very very nice guy, and this story I think is beautiful. He proposed to his wife just out the front many many many years ago, and then he worked at Donovan's for over ten years, and then a year ago they were selling.
Speaker 2: It the Jonavan family.
Speaker 1: The Donovan family were selling it to him, and his wife mortgaged everything to buy it.
Speaker 2: Well we must now it's his restaurant.
Speaker 1: That that's That's a cool love story, isn't it? And you'd have to stay together now out of the story.
Speaker 2: He hasn't brought me don On.
Speaker 1: You never know he might be buying you doghouse up the road.
Speaker 2: Nah, I won't tell when he proposed to you, making us he's gonna have to buy me scorpions, congratulations, make some coin if scoron, what did you propose to loose?
Speaker 1: Actually end of Willameloo Wharf where we.
Speaker 2: Had the first state you must buy her China doll God, China does a good restaurant? Is that still there?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah. That used to be my go to in city.
Speaker 1: I think I feel like I went through a quiet stage in a can. Kingsley's You want steak? Kingsley Steakhouse is good.
Speaker 2: There was a list of Melbourne's hardest restaurants in the Hailton yesterday. There's some newies on there too. How we like Entrecot I've never done I love we must go.
Speaker 1: I need to do.
Speaker 2: Steak fruits Entrecrot. Now across the road has Verde, which is what on that secret? It's a secret source mate.
Speaker 1: They had this like truffle I always get this wrong. You're geting can be ship?
Speaker 2: It's not ju Is it like red wine jew?
Speaker 1: I call it? Yeah? They had like a truffle jew. Oh my god, that I put on the steak. Yeah, get inside.
Speaker 2: My food's so good there. It is a great restaurant.
Speaker 1: Donovan's dinner at someone's house. That's what I like.
Speaker 2: But that's the point of it. It's meant to be like a beach house. You're in the Donovan's home.
Speaker 1: I'll tell there was this young guy who was our waiter, lovely kid. Only been there two and a half months. Jesus. He knew the menu though, and he was running through the oysters and stuff like that, and we're like, don't worry about that. We're like children. We just eat real basics, so don't worry about doing the savice and all that sort of stuff. But the ladies on the table next to us, we're like, oh, we might get some shots shot shots at lunch on a Sunday, and they're like, can we get a photo? And you could tell they were like, oh, why don't you come out with us? You no, God, no, not to me. To the young waiter, shut shut shut, shut, shut shut, he was suggesting the frenchelica or a bit of lemonello.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to shut that, you supposed to sip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think you were trying to come moms. That's what it was like.
Speaker 2: Can they train waiters to you have drinks down your throat? Technically they're trying to do responsible service for our coat is the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: But like, because if you feed people more drinks, you get more money. Not necessarily they would be trained though, like a good waiter, I reckon we would be trained to. It depends what try and encourage you to order meals of what they've got a lot of stock in, you know what I mean? Do you think they would like if you've got a shipload of the stake special. The chef would be like trying and push the steak special. Really that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe the chef should take it off the menu. They've got that many.
Speaker 1: Leftover, Well they didn't yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's a lovely I used to work at this restaurant, Chad, and it was like a delicatessent type restaurant. We used to have wine and whatnot, and it was always like the hotter mums and stuff. They've got a heavy pool.
Speaker 1: So rather than the line you go.
Speaker 4: Above that or for the hot mums, all the young girls that were there having a glass of wine, it was irresponsible.
Speaker 1: There was always about the line, yeah, that's against the law, Like what about it for someone not to your taste? The wine wouldn't even make.
Speaker 2: The places that freak me out is when they said you're on a smaller or large wine. I'm like, what does that even mean? Is that one glass or two glass?
Speaker 1: No? No, that's two. I took you to the sand Belt Hotels.
Speaker 2: A small one glass? Yeah, and it big is a double?
Speaker 1: You got a large?
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm not an idiot. I'm going to see Jason's kids school Christmas concert I'll take a bottle with a straw.
Speaker 1: Was the grimmest I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Look, I just walked in.
Speaker 2: You're sitting there, no dancing table. They're playing. They were playing the Money Money.
Speaker 1: At the Sad Belt on weekday afternoon, debating whether we should complain because someone's left their kidney car or was a dog.
Speaker 2: Some dog in the car.
Speaker 4: The sand Belt is huge.
Speaker 2: It's actually a very big pub, big pup, huge massive.
Speaker 1: I'm a boundary boy. The bound boundary is good. About to get a renot in some parts, is it? Yeah, not supposed to say that, but yeah.
Speaker 2: So lunch was nice. Then in summary, lovely, stunning.
Speaker 4: That that was your weekend dog?
Speaker 2: What quite quiet work Saturday?
Speaker 1: Saturday? And then went to so Wicked any good?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable if I could defy it was.
Speaker 1: The premiere is a quiet packed.
Speaker 2: It was packed, but it was sick.
Speaker 4: And then I was the movie, the movie, and then I wanted to saw Peggy also sick.
Speaker 2: My music.
Speaker 1: You don't know a piggy you is? I can explain, no, no, no, she's cool man American? What nationality she's Korean? Maybe? Yeah, she's just fucking cool. Mm But then yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: I walked the Tan quite a bit, quite a bit good. It was good walking weather.
Speaker 4: The Tan bores me to walk it.
Speaker 2: I like it. I love it. Put a podcast on.
Speaker 4: I prefer to walk around actually, just the streets of like, I really like that. Just looking at the homes.
Speaker 2: That imagine becoming my neighbor's good looking at the big houses, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It is the ninth of December.
Speaker 1: Woul should do a bit at the locals to celebrate moving day.
Speaker 4: I might be a little busy moving day.
Speaker 1: We could do a day after.
Speaker 2: Why are you offering to help move? I can't kidsveloped.
Speaker 1: He's falling off on the night for me to push that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. We're at a friend's house on the weekend and one of the girls came around. She's got like, we're out the back, there's a pool, all some of the kids are in the pool, and then around it's like there's like a big walkway down the side of house. Around the front. It's got a big fence. So the front is like they've got a big one of those in ground trampolines. Girls are playing on the trampoline around it, though, I think so, Yeah, I haven't been on it, but.
Speaker 1: You just walk off, so yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like it's ground level. Anyway, they came back around to the pool and one of them was so cute and in a little like sparkly fairy dressing. The other one was in this gorgeous little printer dress. And I was like, are you guys covering in paint? And they were like, we don't know what happened, and bright blue paint up their legs on the dresses and the mom's like madly trying to get it off them, and they're like, where did you find the paint? My girlfriend whose house it was, it wasn't her two kids, so she was like where did you.
Speaker 1: How how they just painted the trampoline, And.
Speaker 2: Then the other moms like, do not go inside. Do not walk inside the house. You are covered in paint, like you know, you know when you it's your kids, and someone else like, do not touch a thing. Anyway, So we get all the paint off the girls and then we ran around the front to see what had happened because SUSI, there's no paint and they've been jumping on the trampoline and there was like a like a squishy ball you know those balls, like a stress ball, and it must have been full of this bright blue liquid order it and they've jumped on it. One of them has stood on it when they've jumped, and it's gone flattered like all over them. And there was blue paint everywhere.
Speaker 1: I hate things, but the paranoia ben squishy balls in our.
Speaker 2: Head, paranoia of watching the other mom's panic about their kids walking the blue paint through the home?
Speaker 1: Was that from the work experience? Boy, that's nice he left.
Speaker 2: He bought us trees, brought him treats.
Speaker 1: Read the car one hundred might be vouching there for Don Bello. He's just sitting in on the show for the day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dear team No. One hundred, Thank you so much for having me in the studio today. It was amazing watching the show come together in front of my eyes. I certainly hope our paths cross again in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out with his phone number at anytime. Thank you again for this amazing opportunity. It means the world. Floren, you are my idol and the best person I've ever heard. A terrible jays You need to pull up your socks. Clint you're just clined. You're just ken best. Dylan.
Speaker 1: I really liked Dylan. He was sweet.
Speaker 2: That's really nice.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I really thank you, Dylan, and you're welcome. Thanks for helping Zax. We have no producers today, so we fully put him to work. I really feel like we underappreciate what we come into every day for granted, when I woke up at four o'clock, this smalling me, I was like, I know, I want to go. I know I want to go. I want to go. And then I said to myself, I'm very lucky to do this job. Get out of bed and get in the shower, and then I drove to work the whole way going I.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 4: But every time someone new comes into the studio and goes, oh my gosh, wow you go, this.
Speaker 2: Is actually really this is better than sitting in an office, Oh my god. We're very lucky. Although some days I do think I would prefer to do them. Listen to Chase.
Speaker 4: I've worked in a corporate office before, and I had to wear a suit every day.
Speaker 1: Drove me. I was like, you are almost got in a construction.
Speaker 2: Are you doing in a corporate office?
Speaker 4: I worked for a media company, and we like made media, yeah, suit and tie, and it was for mainly we did mainly a GMS radio for like Maya and all this type of stuff and for really big that Crown and all sorts of so I had to work and I had to be very professional and.
Speaker 2: Not did you last there?
Speaker 4: Soon as I left you and he told I've been twenty one.
Speaker 1: I reckon one and he's twenty one.
Speaker 4: I reckon I still made more than than I do now because it was crap money because at the AGM, but it was I was like, I just can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how people.
Speaker 4: I look at people There're like, how have you done this for thirty years?
Speaker 2: How it was miserable.
Speaker 4: For their bank accounts and go this is why?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they hate their life all bit long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hate my loafe from six to nine.
Speaker 1: Whenever I am fine.
Speaker 4: I had to make up James once. I had to mike up James Packer and I was having to put the shirt under his as in the microphone and run up to the shirt shirt and he's he was quite sweaty at the time. It was a big and he was like, really didn't want me to be doing it. So I did it, and as I got to himself, well, because again he didn't want it, was upstanding there, all right, so let me do it. And I got to the very top as I went to put it in there, and it dropped again and it went back through his shirt, so that I had to do it for a second time.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to put this one on the outside. Yeah, I was like, and he's just looking me like, oh, but you were twelve.
Speaker 4: It was actually it was another fellow.
Speaker 2: Twitching another person's sweat. Touching another person's chest is very perfectly. I'd rather someone pee on me than twitching, in fact, touching someone's belly. Like what, that's a big call, that's a big car.
Speaker 1: I've retrucked my statement.
Speaker 2: You'd rather have pea.
Speaker 1: A something.
Speaker 2: But I'm self conscious of it. Like I walked the town the other day, was hot, and I saw someone to give me a hug, and I was like, I'm a bit sweaty, Like you don't want to touch me? I don't care. I was like, okay, did you know the person?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When it wasn't a stranger, I don't know strangers. You've got to at least be a friend of a friend.
Speaker 1: We don't finish shame. We don't want fetish shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, knock yourselves out. Oh my god, did you hear the call that we had on today? It was in the trouble. We just asked if you're still in a relationship with hig school sweet Nickleton said he was for twenty two years, and then shows, oh, you ever thought about test driving another car? And he goes, yeah, I have, And she's in the car with me right now, and we were.
Speaker 1: Like what they were dropping her back at the airport.
Speaker 2: Relationships, kids, the whole thing. Everyone knows about it. People live fascinatingly, fascinating. I was fascinating, mate, fascinating.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they catch up separately, sometimes the girls catch up separately, or the family knows she's coming back for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Very wholesome.
Speaker 1: We need to get the mother show. You know what if if you're in that kind of a relationship and it's working for you, go for it.
Speaker 2: Everyone's happy. The issue is when one person's not happy, then she's.
Speaker 1: But we lived with Toder's my mate, and I don't No, I don't think they were stupid, are you? I don't think they were stupid? But he lived with Low and I but I was going to bed early because doing breakfast radio said he'd sit up and play, you know, and smoke darts with lou and watch Sex and the City. Like sharing the relationship.
Speaker 2: With Jemma and the cheese, Jimmy go to work and cheese and I hang out all day. Yeah, I don't know why we didn't go to work.
Speaker 1: Actually, we're stopping.
Speaker 2: Well, we're doing well. She was going to work. We weren't stopping. Never stop the cheese, non stop, the cheese.
Speaker 1: Next the cheese.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a meeting in twenty nine seconds. Okay, we must go the right wake everyone chucked you light run awake. Bye bye bye, bye bye