Speaker 1: We get every day, Adelaidest disgusting freaks.
Speaker 2: That's not a very nice way to talk about the people that have specifically sought out our podcast and loose animals.
Speaker 3: Are Were you looking for the Taylor Swift coke word?
Speaker 1: That's right here, I missed it this morning. What have we got?
Speaker 3: A pretty sure shake?
Speaker 4: My really?
Speaker 3: Let's it is? So time for it.
Speaker 1: Let's go girls, girls.
Speaker 5: We do have all the gowls in the room.
Speaker 2: We've got producer Zoe in her twenties, quite career driven, but also in a lovely relationship with Alex, who we all crush on. We've got in the newsroom in her thirty is happily single, happily We'll hang on.
Speaker 5: That changes week to week.
Speaker 6: Happily happily single this week.
Speaker 5: Good yeah, good?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: The topic this week for chit Chat is people pleasing.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you why this has come up because I was driving home the other day and I picked up my four year old from the crash and okay, I'm kind of ashamed to admit this, but she still has a dummy.
Speaker 5: She's too old for a dummy. She's far too old for a dummy.
Speaker 1: However, like Taylor dropped the dummy.
Speaker 2: However, I haven't fought the dummy battle yet. And this was a day where I was tired. I wanted to get her home from crash and I needed to get her into bed so I could have a nap as well, because I was tired.
Speaker 5: So I didn't have a dummy on me.
Speaker 2: So I stopped at the camus, took her in, asked for a dummy, and the woman looked at me and looked at her and went.
Speaker 5: Oh, isn't she too old for a dummy?
Speaker 2: And I was like, in my head, yep, yepred percent agree with you, but I need to sleep. And so the people please are in me and trying to justify the fact that as a mother I'm still giving my child a dummy. I was like, yes, and Harper, this is the last time you'll have a dummy, and then it's going to the dummy fairy, okay. And I'm saying this loudly just to appease this woman and just to justify them.
Speaker 5: And then I got my car.
Speaker 3: Why did I do that?
Speaker 5: On Earth? Am I trying to justify to a stranger why I need a nap today?
Speaker 1: Also, kids, kids, Sorry to anyone there ain't no dummy fair?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Childhood brutally But I have my whole life been a people pleaser. And here's the signs you are a people pleaser. You have a difficult time saying no, You're preoccupied with what other people think. You fear that turning people down will make you think you are mean or selfish, and you agree to things that you don't want to do. And at the root of this, apparently is feelings of low self esteem and will get to you in a moment, so you zip your lip because you are the worst.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts.
Speaker 7: So yeah, people pleasing. I think we're a room of chronic people please terrible. And when you told me that story the other day, I thought, gosh, I'd do that so often. Or if I if I need to ask someone to do something, or if I need to push back on something, I'll always come up with a reason why. You know it's it can't just be I.
Speaker 3: Need to do this to me.
Speaker 7: I'd be like, Hey, no big deal. I was just thinking about the fact that, you know, because I was thinking about it because I don't want to make sure that I'm behind. But do you mind, like have you done that, I can't done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you done your job today? So I don't have to do it for you?
Speaker 7: And it's chronic and I think for me personally, it stems from I want people to like me, so I want I don't want anyone to ever think that I'm I want a yes man for sure.
Speaker 5: Can I break this to you?
Speaker 2: People do like you. I could be mean as you're a people pleaser as well, from.
Speaker 8: Way back everything you just read there and kind of funny but not funny that it comes from low self esteem.
Speaker 6: So that's just me or tea. I'm the same though.
Speaker 8: Instead of just saying no, there's always got oh sorry, I can't do that because and it's got to be some big thing so that they don't think, oh she's just said no, like what a cow. Yeah, but I'm a massive people pleaser.
Speaker 6: I do it even I've moved home.
Speaker 8: I was away for five years and with my sister's kids, you know, as soon as their message, hey can you look after them? And I'm going out of my way and I've got things to do, I've got a life, but yep, okay, yep, that's fine.
Speaker 6: I'll have them.
Speaker 8: And obviously I love spending time with my nieces and nephews, love being an auntie. There's seven of them, you know, a lot of love to give. But yeah, I do things to people please all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shit, volume of guilt I feel if I say no to an event, to a note, to something that I just I don't have to justify that I'd rather again, I'll be honest, nine times out of ten, I want to be on the couch with my kids as opposed to going out and doing something.
Speaker 5: But you just feel this obligation.
Speaker 2: So even though it's something you don't want to get dressed up for and go and do, you're like, sure, I'd love to come along to said thing that I desperately don't want to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I just want my friends to like me. I've disposed bodies before. It's crawed embazilment. I just want the lads to be like, yeah, he's cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, you laugh, but out of all of us, you are the worst people pleaser I've ever.
Speaker 1: Met, Jones, I laugh to stop myself from crying.
Speaker 5: To be honest with you, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 7: We've had this conversation of start because people pleasing to an extent. It's exhausting and you've fanned yourself out trying to please others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially just one thing after the other, and its adds up and all of a sudden, Oh god.
Speaker 8: And I spoke about this yesterday without you. I'm talking about you know, if you people pleasing you sort of don't stand up for yourself as well. So someone you know, for your career or whatever, Oh hey, we've got this and this is the offer, and blah blah blah, yeah, okay, no problems. Instead of being like, well no, hang on, actually that doesn't fit with me. Can we can we look at a different alternative. It's about standing up for yourself as well, which I'm really really bad at doing.
Speaker 2: But I think the difference between the chicks in the room and this bloke over here is ours doesn't manifest in anger and frustration.
Speaker 5: This is you. You enjoy helping others.
Speaker 2: But what it does, and this is exactly from the textbook of being a people pleaser. The feelings of doing things out of obligation can lead to a cycle of helping someone, feeling mad at them for taking advantage, and then feeling regretful sorry for yourself.
Speaker 1: Man, I hate myself and I just just cover it up with silly sound effects.
Speaker 5: I'm fine, Judy, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning ladies, and a longtime listener, first time caller. I am a people pleaser, but I sweet the pot.
Speaker 5: You sweeten the pot?
Speaker 1: How so?
Speaker 10: Yesterday passing example, don't put your car in the driveway. Your dad will be home soon.
Speaker 6: Yes, And when he.
Speaker 10: Gets home, he puts the car in the driveway and he looks at me and I go, okay, just put the car across the street and I'll move the car afterwards.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remember at.
Speaker 10: Six o'clock this morning, have to have a man while to get the cargo to work before he catches me out.
Speaker 1: That's not that shouldn't be up to YouTube. Oh yes, Well, first, first of all, we can established that you are a lovely person. Yes, so I think it's actually a really nice trait, but it just can be really consumed.
Speaker 2: At the same time, it's not Judy's job, and she explicitly said don't park there, and so why is she mopping up the mess?
Speaker 5: That's Jude's you get you. We feel your Helen from Thank you Helen. Where do you sit with people pleasing?
Speaker 11: I don't make any decisions when we're in a group thing, and we always get invited to stuff because we just go with the flow.
Speaker 2: Ah, So you're those people that are like, okay, they'll come just because they will.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we get invited to everything because we're just nice and don't make any decisions and just go with the flow.
Speaker 1: Do you know why, I think, Helen am I picking up a Kwei accent? You sure, yes, you know why? Because New Zealanders are beautiful people, I'm telling you in New Zealand is what Australians think they are.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a mind seat as well. Like if you don't want to do something and for other people do and you do it, you just say right, I'm going to enjoy this and you just enjoy it.
Speaker 5: So good.
Speaker 1: How many times you've been in a group situation where you're like, okay and you know what you want. You're like, whateveryone thinking hopefully matches up with me, but whate you guys think I'll just go along with it.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Let's go to Grace wawning Grace. Are you a people pleaser?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I am. I'm a chronic people pleaser. But the second that I get mad, I just like completely switch to do a one eighty. Then there's a calm down when you kind of like realize maybe you've overstepped or overreacted. And then the guilt.
Speaker 1: I know exactly exactly what you're talking about, because what you're actually doing is standing up for yourself, which is what you should have done in the first place. You're guilty because you thought that you were too main. No one thinks that you were mean. Everyone's just thinking you're doing what you should have done. It's such a crazy cycle.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Grace, this is precarious territory. Now, if we were to offer you to tickets to Cheese Fest.
Speaker 5: You want to go, right or you're not just saying that you want to go and you don't want to go?
Speaker 12: No, I want to go?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Hey Grace, Grace, can I have those tickets? Please say no?
Speaker 5: Say no, said boundaries, Well done. We're proud of you.
Speaker 1: Good stuff.
Speaker 5: Wasn't Grace such a cow for not giving those?
Speaker 1: And what if you can.
Speaker 3: Book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there.
Speaker 1: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only what if away from your next holiday?
Speaker 3: Look on the what if, what if it's for travel? He's what you're waking up to Adelaide, What's.
Speaker 4: I love that from home? Right at me?
Speaker 5: In what's in the news?
Speaker 1: They mean Homer had the same sort of interests when it comes to news as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so true, so true. Teachers strike today. We've touched on it a lot of parents. I mean, I guess we had a couple of days notice, we had from Monday to try and make alternative arrangements. But yeah, it's something like one hundred and seventy odd primary, pre and high schools. Public schools shut today and it there's no other way.
Speaker 5: You can't sugarcoat. It's a massive inconvenience for parents. Having said that, I.
Speaker 2: Respect teachers what I respect what teachers do infinitely, and I think that they deserve.
Speaker 5: All the money in the world.
Speaker 2: However, there is such a disparity between what the Education Department are offering and what the Education Union are accepting. So there is no end in sight for this strike. They are polar worlds apart.
Speaker 5: So there's going to be.
Speaker 2: A big protest on the steps of Parliament today. I think they're marching down Flimner Street And yeah, so that we rode close with that as.
Speaker 6: Well, street to the Parliament to Parliament House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna be interesting when they when they asked teachers to strike without pay.
Speaker 5: That'll be a different ballgame, I reckon.
Speaker 6: Will there be thousands there?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the question.
Speaker 2: As But to all those parents who are trying to work out alternate, alternate arrangements today, I feel you. My husband at home with.
Speaker 1: Three kids, sure as well, Like maybe I'm just not educated in this spot myself, but I'm sure the kids will have their textbooks from school and they'll just go home, set up at the desk, get home and just sort of, you know, do what they'd normally do at school and learn for seven eight hours.
Speaker 5: I think. So that's what happened.
Speaker 2: That's what happened each and every day during COVID, Like, hey, we've got learning today. I know I'm not in the classrooms, I know my teacher is not here, but I want to learn.
Speaker 8: That's what I'll be doing with my niece and nephew today, shooting up to my older sister's house to look after her too.
Speaker 5: No you won't, you will be.
Speaker 2: Out, No you won't, you won't do you will be armed with iPads, coloring books, pencils, whatever.
Speaker 5: For it takes what's at.
Speaker 6: Work to do, so they're gonna have to fend for themselves for a while.
Speaker 2: That form of parity has worked for me for a very long time. Mummy's busy, fend for yourself.
Speaker 8: Obviously, the big Optors fall out continues. So there was around ten million people who couldn't use their phones yesterday. But it wasn't just that. It was trains, it was hospitals, it was all of the things. Businesses are calling for COMPO today by the sounds of it's not going to happen. The opt CEO came out yesterday after a fair bit of pressure to tell people what was going on. She says that they're not really looking at compensation, but they'd look at rewards for their customers.
Speaker 6: So we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 2: God, but I tell you how customers are going to reward Optus by switching telcosts.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the Federal Telecommunications Minister has come out today and they're basically the federal government are going to launch a review into what happened. But the actual root cause hasn't been provided yet by the company. They're just saying that it was triggered by a fault in the core network.
Speaker 3: And really, is it true?
Speaker 2: This happened in the early hours of the morning and they didn't address anyone until eleven am.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it happened.
Speaker 8: Just started coming through about four am, people saying a cup, you know, my phone's not working, and they didn't sort of come out and say anything until eleven Did.
Speaker 2: The PR and Communications department have an RDO? Well, what the hell happened there?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: And to be honest, actually know someone in that department who works for OB just so maybe I might.
Speaker 6: Give her a call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell her.
Speaker 8: I see front foot for businesses. If something's going on, just be open and honest. That's what people want. They just want some form of communication. Come to Abbey from the newsroom for all your pre concerns.
Speaker 3: News notes.
Speaker 5: Samantha Jones in the newsroom there.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 6: I love her.
Speaker 5: I love her too.
Speaker 1: Some good news for Seinfeld fans. Jerry Sidfield, they're great. Jerry Seifeld. It's going to be back down under June twenty next year. He's going to be Lad entertain Center. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. There's a lot of Sientfield fans, a lot of mates who are obsessed with Seinfeld. It wasn't quite for me, No, but I appreciate the genius behind it all.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's two types of people in the world.
Speaker 2: There is Team Seinfeld who absolutely just embrace it, and there's people like me that have barely watched an episode and just really didn't quite understand the obsession.
Speaker 1: That's because you were too far into e Street on.
Speaker 5: Marro's place name.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 1: That is your post at Snooze News, coming out very very soon. The six fifteen Venue Machine quiz three questions your opportunity to score an excellent prize. You just do have to avoid the chips. The six fifteen vending machine quiz.
Speaker 2: That works hazy three questions. If you get the third one right, you get a crack at the vending machine. I would argue that today's third question is a little'll bit tricky, but we'll see how we go.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Ann from Woodville West. Good morning, Anne, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 5: Always so good things? Thank you for playing along today? Yeah, thanks a little bits.
Speaker 1: Oh you are so fine, and just we'll take you through it in This is an easy process, three easy questions and you're going to score yourself a really nice price. Think positive, have.
Speaker 5: You got have you got the first one there? And what does KFC stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken?
Speaker 1: What about the guy opt who was responsible for the adage? And they're like, mate, what happened? He was like, oh did someone? That's so funny. You're so fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right. And question number two name the longest river in Australia and then the very spot.
Speaker 1: On Murray Darling would have also accepted the river of tears that Jodie creates after she loses songs Song Chong song, buts my rivers fine as well.
Speaker 5: It's not funny, is it.
Speaker 2: If you get this right, then you get a crack of the venue machine? What TV show is this theme song?
Speaker 4: For?
Speaker 12: An older show?
Speaker 2: I'd say I'd say early two thousands, Yeah, give it a crack and three night coming to me?
Speaker 6: Thank you, Anne, thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 5: There's no Robbie William.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 2: Dear Amanda from Brahma Lodge, good morning, good thank you. Do you know what TV show this theme songs for?
Speaker 1: What are you working Amanda?
Speaker 9: An idea?
Speaker 11: I want to say friends but I don't think it is friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get this. We'll get this.
Speaker 5: Alicia from Craig Moore, good morning morning. Okay, do you know what this?
Speaker 4: You know what it is?
Speaker 5: It's not Julia from Clavelly Park. Do you need to hear the theme song?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: I know what is it?
Speaker 12: I met your mother?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well the Lord above for you.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, good show, big fan of how I Met your mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 5: There's no there's no right wrong, Alicia. Okay, what we sorry, Julia.
Speaker 2: We need to let you have a crack at the vending machine. A letter between A and C please, hey, and a number between two and six.
Speaker 5: Okay, just avoid the chips, please, Julia. I would hate you to get this far.
Speaker 1: And then get chips.
Speaker 5: Well, that's good for Benny. Machine seems to have recovered from Tuesday's Cup Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as few suggested, that hasn't actually sobered up yet, which is very concerning. That's okay, walks us.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is good for you.
Speaker 3: Julia.
Speaker 2: A double pass to the Veiler Adelaide five hundred Friday After Race concert series featuring Carl Cox and Eric.
Speaker 5: Powell's Mobile Disco.
Speaker 2: Julia, You're off to party on a Friday night, and Julia, you don't have to buy tickets, but you can at Tiker Tech if you would like to go along.
Speaker 5: Thank you, well done.
Speaker 1: Love that That's good, isn't it. That's how it's done, just to avoid the chips. Score yourself, am epic not out.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad the first caller didn't get that far because we would have had to say no, you're going the Friday night at the suntime, which she's.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I've got some outstanding news for your Jodey.
Speaker 3: What a Sugar?
Speaker 1: Yeah you heard, iconic Adelaide nightclub Sugar is going to reopen Sugar's back ew It's part of the Gonzo Group of venues, with founding owner Driller Jed Armstrong returning in an artistic capacity. Oh yeah, so Drilla is very, very flamboyant operator.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a person in Adelaide who hasn't been to a party with DJ Driller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the man knows how to take it to the next level certainly so. Of course the statis upstairs on Runner Street. In two thousand and two, Sugar operated for twenty years and hosted more than eight hundred and seventy international acts before closing its doors at the end of last year. Do you know how many Tuesday nights after a Grand Final I spent at Sugar the only place in town? Pretty much? Hope?
Speaker 2: Is this a humble brag where you just get to drop how many times you want a premiership?
Speaker 3: Is that what this is about.
Speaker 1: I don't get to do it as many times as some of my team, but still it's the only place and the only excuse that you've got on the Tuesday night we can really have a bit of a crack and not feel like an absolute Dearrily, what about this as well? Some of the quotes from Drilla and I love this. He said, it's the nightclub equivalent of the comeback of the century. Wow, wow, we of the century so far one hundred years so yeah, compared to Jordan, compared to some of the comeback yeh goodness. And then this one as well. It's a feat worthy of comparison to Glenn Maxwell's ODI innings.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: All the greats describing Glenn Maxwell's innings as the greatest of white ball innings of all time. She was back the greatest reopening comeback story of all time, there.
Speaker 5: Was a night.
Speaker 2: And of all the years I've been doing breakfast radio, my husband has never failed to not be home when I've woken up and had to go to work on said morning. But there was a night, and it was a Melbourne Cup night where we went to a party and he ended up a chill and I woke up at four point thirty in the morning and went where's my husband?
Speaker 1: Turns out he was at sugar Yeah, same thing. Collectively wise, Oh bloody Driller, I come out next to Joe's Let's talk about a parrot who lived in one particular country where away four years and came back it.
Speaker 5: Completely did It was such a seamless segue.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it makes sense? Doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: Oh Billie Driller gets it? Love it when you lose a pet and it comes back? What do my pets keep on running away from me?
Speaker 3: A miracle lost pet story? Who doesn't love one?
Speaker 1: It's just a good sod happy ending to get you up and about for Thursday with a bit of a twist. What about this? A very British parrot named Nigel. All the good British parrots are named Nigel.
Speaker 3: Quintessensial parrot name in Britain.
Speaker 1: Nigel or Ian or Winston. Winston the parrot very proper yours has been reunited with his owner after disappearing for four years. He's the kicker, though he now speaks Spanish.
Speaker 3: You are categorically making that up.
Speaker 1: I'm not Nigel. A great African parrot flew away from his home for four years, but returned to his British owner, Darren at Chick after he was discovered. Mister Chick says his bird's British accent is gone, replaced by a fluent Spanish accent and someone called Larry. So Nigel went off completely reshifted his identity came back as a smooth talking Spanish dude by the name of Larry.
Speaker 3: Don't we all want to reinvent ourselves at some point?
Speaker 1: Oh my yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 5: So obviously he's flown to Spain.
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: And he's flowing to Spain and going, you know, this is me now, this is me now, And it came, and no doubt he would have get to a beetza at some stage, probably some of the party islands. Larry, Yeah, this is me now, I'm that British loser. I'm like, no, Jel, I'm Larry. Do you know this reminds me of and I reckon? Everyone's good A mate or too has done this you either they have gone on gap or they've done some sort of spot overseas. It might even be like as an exchange you or something and particularly go to England and maybe it's six months later and they come back and like, hello, how are you? And you're like, shut up. You do not have an accent? Oh what do you mean? I just talk like this now, well what accent? I don't even notice it and you're not.
Speaker 2: Or Glenn, who's like an absolute bogan, goes over to the UK and he comes back and he's like you're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: He like, shut up, Glenn, Like this in British accent boys won't catch up for a couple of lagers. No, Glenn, you absolutely not. This is why we wanted you to go in the first place. We hoped you wouldn't come back.
Speaker 2: Tell comagedon yesterday, wasn't it when Optus went down and just millions of customers were affected across the board.
Speaker 5: So I'm not I'm not with Optis.
Speaker 2: Neither are you, but tell us what was happening and producer and when you were trying to make calls yesterday.
Speaker 9: So on my way in yesterday morning, at about three forty five, on my car, it showed that I had no service on my phone and I'd drive a far distance, so I was a little bit worried if something happened, I wouldn't be able to tell anyone where I was. Get here, nothing's working, Get on the Wi Fi. Then we find out that optus is could push yeah in the nicest way possible. We didn't hear anything for hours, though, and then I finally got my service back up and running at about quarter past one peint thirty, still in the office, and then Optus kindly sent me an email. I was expecting it to be excuse me, oh, sorry for all the inconvenience, you know, really sorry, everything's back up and running. No, Hi, Emily, a friendly reminder that your Optis spill for your account.
Speaker 5: Is you on the thirteenth November.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god.
Speaker 5: In the meantime, you're trying to contact your family make sure everything.
Speaker 9: So no idea where my child was, no idea where my fiance was. Yeah, but as long as I know that my bill is due soon. That's all about a stop us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why I Am turned up yesterday and his shirt was on back to front bloody Optus.
Speaker 2: As there's calls for compensation today for customers and businesses who just simply couldn't operate yesterday.
Speaker 5: What's the likelihood of that happening.
Speaker 6: Probably not going to happen.
Speaker 8: The federal government has come out and said to keep receipts and all that sort of thing, but I highly doubt it's going to happen. The Optic CEO came out yesterday and said we're not looking at compensation, but we'll look at rewards for customers for basically going through it, So you know, whether they get ten bucks off their next bill or something.
Speaker 3: How exciting.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I highly doubt that it's going to be.
Speaker 8: The concerning thing was the fact that triple O calls couldn't be made from land lines, right, So that was a concerning thing. Hospitals were out, train services were down. It was not just people can't use their phones. It was a lot bigger than that.
Speaker 1: Some thoughts and opinions from some of the punters via More say on Channel seven we don't have any exact on the end of the day, or do you've got to give us something, then we are waiting for.
Speaker 2: That as well. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 8: And I can't receive any phone calls from my love glass or any text messages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Optors should be compensating all the workers. Yeah, people, people that have been impacted by this, and so many people have been impacted. But what I will say is when you go to the Optice store and the poor person who's working there, yes, it's probably just doing some accounts or just sort of handling some new mobile plans, et cetera. They're not the person to go nuts. No, it's just like you're nuts at a waiter because you've got a bad meal.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's ridiculous, and give it to the chef, march into the kitchen and you tell that. Well, you have a point though, I think speak with your feet. I mean, I think you change your tael Co company.
Speaker 8: And the problem with optics as well, we just have a big cyber hack, yeah, which people were still angry about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is easy. Other thing as well, like it's getting this sort of zone where it's like it's happened on purpose. Yeah, I don't think Optic is sitting there playing a bit of a practical joke on everyone. So everything will come back Unfortunately, hopefully those who are with op this we get rewarded in some sort of fashion. But yeah, not the ideal situation for it.
Speaker 8: They didn't help themselves, Like this all kicked off at four am and the CEO didn't wasn't seen or heard from until eleven o'clock. Yeah, so you know, when things like this happen, we expect transparency and if people wouldn't be so angry if they knew what was going on. Yeah, So get on the front foot, get a statement out there, talk to media. You know, we're really sorry. We're trying to fix this. We haven't done it on purpose. Like you say, you've got to get on the front foot.
Speaker 2: Do you know who to do communication worse than anyone the communications industry?
Speaker 3: Isn't that ironic?
Speaker 2: And I just feel for that person that's woken up this morning. It's a six point thirty. The alarm's gone off and it's gone, Oh, I need to go to my job now in the Optus PR department, might just have the day off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't sleep till well last night, did you Roger all right, thirteen twenty four ten, were you impacted by the optice outage? How exactly did it absolutely ruin your day?
Speaker 10: Yet?
Speaker 2: I think seven last night there was someone who tried to contact Triplo and couldn't, so really, yeah, that's quite frightening.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, it's your network.
Speaker 1: I just said, right, thank you for watching. Appreciate that nice little plug there.
Speaker 5: Shout up, Hey, Dory, Hey, how are you good? How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 4: I was totally fine, My phone was great. But I'm a teacher and my year seventh and eight through in full meltdown because they couldn't maintain their snapstreak.
Speaker 2: Of course, yeah, I really know what that means, Torry was a step streak for goodness sake.
Speaker 4: Oh on Snapchat all of their like daily messages to their friends, and they were begging for people to hot spot them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, terrified to lose that hates How about when you explain something but then in your explanation you use a whole bunch of new words that we don't understand.
Speaker 5: Jerry, I thought phones were banned in schools now.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, but they still have.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was a whole morning of tears, threats that they won't be back, and still it's.
Speaker 1: Jeers, Oh my gosh, the students are going on strike. Why because they can't jump on Snapchat?
Speaker 5: Yeah pretty much, Tory, thank you so much for the call. Unbelievable, do you know what?
Speaker 1: Yes, they felt like, So I'm not with Optics, and neither are you, but I feel like I've got so many friends and colleagues that were with opt this. It felt like the morning after when you don't go out and you're like, in the moment, you're jeers, I wish I did go out. But then the next day when you're completely not hungover and you're up and about and you're in amongst all your hungover friends and you're just strutting around, you're so smug. They were the Optics people. That's what felt like. There's things getting intense twelve all as we build up to a big grand finale in a few weeks time.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure, we've only got three weeks left after this. Wow, So it is as tight as tight can be.
Speaker 1: This is vital, It is really vital. And can I just say, man, you need.
Speaker 6: This well I need it.
Speaker 5: I need it for my own self esteem.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to I'm just trying to shift the anxiety onto you. But I'll tell you why. I'm an anxious max. I want this bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we both want it bad.
Speaker 2: I am really sort of sad and sometimes by how very competitive you and I are.
Speaker 5: We like each other.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when it comes to this, it can get pretty intense.
Speaker 1: I pride myself on being able to be that person in the battle, but then as soon as it's ever shift back into normal person, you're not good at that. We hang on to grudges for weeks.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have said sometimes, I would not have sometimes decades. I am not that sort of person.
Speaker 1: An elephant.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not unless you cross me and then you're dead to me.
Speaker 5: You do the wrong thing, dead, All right, what do you got?
Speaker 1: You kick us off? You set the tone, and the bar is so high each and every week. Okay, well actually one last week.
Speaker 2: This is fortuitous because normally in the gym I have my air pods and listen to my own stuff. I've forgot my air pods the other day, and I think it was the Battle of the Bang of God speaking to me because this came on over the speakers and I went, yes, baby, that's my song for this week.
Speaker 1: Oh ladies and gentlemen, get your glow sticks out, can control those pupils.
Speaker 3: Please shut your eyes.
Speaker 5: You're beat.
Speaker 1: That's where you are now. Yeah, you're not really, you're actually in HQ back in the day. You pretend you're in some way just a little bit more then you would.
Speaker 2: Are you saying they're not playing this banger and I beef they're currently right now, currently.
Speaker 1: Right now. The grand Yeah you like that. You love Fete la grand I love bit of Fetty.
Speaker 2: I always feel like I forgot the R. But that's okay, that's all right, Fetty Fetty.
Speaker 1: Oh that he forgot Top three favorite Dutch DJs.
Speaker 2: Well there's Fetty la Grande and then coming in second, there's Betty la grand and then oh my god, I love Fretty LaGrand.
Speaker 1: I think all his cousins are DJs as well. Yeah, it is a good song, it's really nice. So it's going up against my boy Little John and the East Side Boys two thousand and.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: Little John, of course, cousin of Little Wayne, Little Kim, Little baoo. This bit in particular, I propose something the sweat drove down my body.
Speaker 6: I propose that we just read it to them, play them together. Oh yeah, absolute bangers, you guys. Okay, how do we picked the car?
Speaker 5: Well, then it becomes a question of who do you like more?
Speaker 1: Abby? I know, Hey, I love a remix out of It's good. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know when you go to the cinemas and sometimes you're like, bright lights might cause like an epileptic fit.
Speaker 5: That's what you just did. Then it should have been a warning for people in cars.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my brain's fitting this little Cohen, right is I think it's brain related anyway. So you've got little John v Fetti LaGrand. Make sure he cast your vote via Jody and Hazy on Instagram.
Speaker 2: You built your time machine.
Speaker 1: On this day, pers your daily dose of knowledge? Shaw Would you like to take this daily dose orally?
Speaker 3: Or would you like it pumped in?
Speaker 1: Ll punch you in gr arm. Okay, you're going to feel a short, sharp prick. There it goes and in comes Delta Goodrom. In nineteen eighty four, she was born. She's thirty nine today, she's a saint child of the eighties. She is absolutely a child of the mid eighties. And I'll tell you what. When they put Delta Goudroom together and they said here, have these vocal cords here Delta, she went, thank you very much and she flew off because she's an angel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and have that beautiful face as well. In fact, have the whole package. Yeah, go on.
Speaker 1: Then two thousand and five, two hundred and twenty two chinups were performed by Richie Benno. No, I'm just kidding. I was just playing on the whole two for twenty two to two to two things. It's before by Stephen Hireland in the UK in a record time of twelve hours. I've got a feeling that Caine Xtein has since broken that. Oh right, yes, okay, but still two hundred and twenty two chinups twelve hours is insane.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could do one chin up. Yeah, genuinely don't think I could.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, well, you do one chinup and you got t two hundred and twenty.
Speaker 9: One to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but give you two four kilo dumbells and I will dominate those.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, look up the Guinness Book World records for some sort of thing which is related to forkulo Jo Yodi got a name, and then nic and Clear. Two thousand and five most socks on one foot record was achieved by Alastair Gallopin of New Zealand, who places seventy socks on one foot. One of the all time athletes is Alastair.
Speaker 2: At what point do you look in the mirror and go, that's going to be my legacy, this is my destiny.
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, what's Georgia. I'm a professional soccer. Put on a ruck, have fun. No one saw. November nine, two thousand and eight. Whatever you like by T