Speaker 1: Go get you the morning every day, adelaides, Oh, hazy, this is where we revisit all the highs and the lows from the year.
Speaker 2: And do you know what someone said to me the other day? And I'm not joking, He goes, Oh, I had to listen to your show the other day. It's really good. Now go Geez means it as a comment, but I'm like, what do you mean now.
Speaker 3: There's a slight improvement across the year. Yeah, appreciate that. Yeah, yeah, someone said to me the other days we wish here, same, goes big nose.
Speaker 4: I'll never know what that meant.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I love that we're just exchanging little sayings. That's been an exchanged But that's all good. That's a compliment, though, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: That that was an absolute sandwich from that block, the compliment buried inside a couple of really nasty burger buns.
Speaker 4: Speaking of sandwiches, enjoy.
Speaker 2: Hey Friends. Star Jennifer Aniston has had a bit of a vent and a bit of a ranch about a commonly used compliment that drives her bananas.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Speaking to British Vogue, she said, the phrase you look great for your age should be you look great, period. She said, that's a habit of society that we have these markers like well that stage. So for your age, I don't even understand what it means. I'm in better shape than I was in my twenties. I feel better in mind, body, and spirit. It's all one hundred percent better.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, thought's about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can understand what you're saying, because what should you not look this good? Or does that mean you actually don't look that good? But considering how old you are, you're not too bad.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the sentiment that the only level of attractiveness is use that's the marker that's being used here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and it really got me thinking about my looks now compared to being in my twenties. So when you're in your twenties, I think producers, O, you'll agree, you sort of get a sense that your looks at your commodity, that that's your currency in life, especially as a female, and you're obsessed with being a bit thin and attractive and all those sorts of things. And I don't know when it happened, or why it happened, or how it happened, but now I just don't care. I really like I used to, because, particularly in my other job where you're on the telly, I used to do the tanning and get the hair done every couple of months and lashes and all that sort of stuff. I just don't want to look bad on the telly. Now. If C plus is the past, then I'll take it. And I don't know why that switch happened, but quite seriously, I just feel like now I want people to find me attractive because they think I'm kind, or they think I light up a room, or they think I'm funny, or I've got a good heart. It's all those things now that make me want people to find me attractive for those reasons. And like, I still work out, but I don't work out because I want to be a size six. I work out because it's good mentally and it's good for my body, and it's yeah, the mental health side is more for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like, hey, you just don't care at all.
Speaker 3: Sometimes like a Wednesday morning and Jodie walks in the studio and she's completely naked. Jodes, what's going on with no clothes? And She's like, I don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm so free I'm so in touch with my spirituality. If I want to be naked, I will be. But yeah, it's a really interesting one. And she was also Jennifer was saying that she had these I have to do a minimum pounding, pounding, pounding, forty five minutes of hard cardio. Otherwise I haven't had a good workout, and she said, then her body just broke down and got injured. Yeah, so now she does a lot more gentle stuff, which was interesting as well. Yeah, but just the old backhanded compliment, like, I've learned not to even expect compliments from you because they're never ever forthcoming.
Speaker 4: That's really not fair because I'm genuinely doing my best.
Speaker 2: I know you try, but yeah, the old backhanded compliment. I get this one a lot. So people will come up to me in the street and go, oh my god, you look so much better in real life than you do on the Telly.
Speaker 4: So's that's supposed to me that you look futured on TV.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I say to people, now, So what are you saying? I look like a pig on the Telly? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great, thanks nicer in real life, I'm sort of glad it's not the other way around. Anyone who ever starts a sentence off with the words no, take this the wrong way, no offense, no offense. It's always offensive. And this one is, well, I really like how people you don't care what people think of you. That means in general, you're probably a.
Speaker 4: Bit of a mug.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but I rise above that, and I don't care that people think that you're a mug.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I reckon.
Speaker 2: It's your thirties.
Speaker 6: I'm just starting to get to that point where I'm at that point of like, I just don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 6: I'm thirty three, So I reckon started around the light thirty month.
Speaker 2: I reckon, And it's you know, it's play exhausting. It's exhausting trying to look good all the time.
Speaker 4: You know what about this ab?
Speaker 2: You know, Andrew? Yeah, it exhausted for trying to look.
Speaker 4: Good all the time, showering every day, all those what about this ab? Have you? Have you ever been told this? You're so great? Why are you still single?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All the time?
Speaker 6: What's a gorgeous girl like you're doing?
Speaker 2: Still single?
Speaker 4: Shut up?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 6: I said, Actually, I said to someone on bumble. Oh this was a few months ago. He said, why are you still single? And I said because I'm mentally ill. And I thought he was going to delete me and block me, but he did and he took it like a chap. So shout out to him.
Speaker 2: Four ten. Let's do this this morning on the back of Jen being all like, you look great for your age. Shut up. That's a backhanded compliment. It's your backhanded compliment people said to you and you've gone. I don't know how to feel about that. Part of that hurts my heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the big one as well was for me with football. Yeah, you had a pretty good career considering you didn't play AFL.
Speaker 4: It's like whack in the face.
Speaker 2: I mean, you won four sandful bloody premierships. That's not that's not he sneezed at.
Speaker 3: And then when they when you walk away, they go, does he give it a lot for one AFL game?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Carli. What are you copping? Carl?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm a teacher of primary school aged children and we all know that they are the most honest people in the world. I have been wearing a mask because I live with my dad and my dad's really sick at the moment. And one of the kids comes up to me and goes, look, no offense, but you look so much prettier with the mask on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that one broke me a little bit.
Speaker 2: That would hurt my soul. Thank you, Carly. I'm sure it's not true, Christy. Watch your backhanded compliment for content.
Speaker 5: I'm a young mom, so I'm pretty five really sis two young boys and I was out at a party and I someone walked from.
Speaker 7: The you know, for true kids.
Speaker 2: That okay. Something you should never comment on is parenting or a woman's body after she's had children.
Speaker 4: Just don't do it, yes, and even I can work that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just there as you just don't go down there exactly right, Catherine, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi guys.
Speaker 10: So my daughter plays baseball and she's fifteen, and she gets told that she plays really well for a girl, and most times she's actually copying it from other females, which is even worse.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so our little producers are we here as a fierce feminist and her face looks horrified right now? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, not cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's ridiculous. Norelle, what have you got for us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I had a backhanded comment.
Speaker 5: I was at work because I love.
Speaker 11: Quite a bit of weight, and all of a sudden the girl came up to me and said, oh, you look really well.
Speaker 9: Have you put on weight?
Speaker 2: It has to stop, Like commenting on people's weight, ever, is so unacceptable. Don't you think just leave it?
Speaker 3: Might just find something else to talk about. Maybe talk about the weather. It's pretty cold at the midment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if someone with the emotional intelligence of Andrew Hayes can explain that to people, then it's just a no go.
Speaker 3: Is that what is even going on? Have you seen the way that I run? Did you ever see me play football earning or the way that I run?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen you run. I saw your running around the Union loot the other.
Speaker 3: Day, extremely upright. The way that I run, like real solid, high knee lift. So I've had a couple of sessions with Henry talk about kids being honest where I've had a couple of sprints because we're playing football and it will stopped me and going.
Speaker 4: Dad, no, stop running like an idiot.
Speaker 3: Run properly like this, And I'm trying to explain to him that's just how I run.
Speaker 4: The brutalness of youngsters.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's harsh, isn't it. Yeah, I didn't notice your uprightedness when I saw you running the other day. I didn't know it was a thing. It is according to Henry.
Speaker 4: Because Henry it's going after me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Let's all share though.
Speaker 3: If you've got a little example of those backhanded compliments, still text them through as well.
Speaker 4: I fall double nine, no on nine, So you.
Speaker 2: Can take us out on a little humble brag about how far you run the other day as well. What do you well, you always go? Just just did twenty one? Guys?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be sure it actually was nineteen, but it's just a number at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, much, and.
Speaker 3: Then I was I was sore for the next three days. But a good distance for someone my age. Jody, you look fantastic this morning. Does this music doinging for you? Because you've rolled in this morning and you are Helga from Hey Arnold. That's how aggressively pronounced your eyebrows are this morning, Arnold.
Speaker 2: You know who that is?
Speaker 3: Google hell from hey Arnold, Hey Arnold. Oh no, yeah, while you're doing that, I'll just paint a bit of a picture you rolled in this morning. You rolled in this morning thinking no one would notice, And I got to say, I don't make eye contact with the until about two or three minutes in, and then it just hit me, you've aggressively had your brows done.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, So this is how it unfolds each and every time I have my brows done. For the first twenty four hours, actually, I'm going to say for the first forty eight, they're.
Speaker 4: Pretty intense, really intense.
Speaker 1: It's pretty dark.
Speaker 2: But the shocking thing about this is I keep going back to this same person, and I keep having the same conversation. I've got really fair eyebrows, so please go light brown and only keep the tint on for two minutes max. That's all it needs, because if you go five, which you frequently do, lady, then they're going to end up like this you look like And so then I have to send my husband a text and go, oh, look, my eyebrows are really aggressive again, just not a word to which he's like last night when I walked in the house, he's like, and then chasing me around with his camera phone trying to take a photo to send it to the group family chat.
Speaker 3: Exactly do you know what, you can spend thrown of bucks on your hair and we won't notice he gets your brows done like that. I'm telling you this morning as well. I wasn't looking at you for a fair while and then I heard her and I looked at him as your eyebrows screaming at me, I said, WHOA, calm down, guys, can we do this beauty disasters No.
Speaker 4: Twenty four to ten? And can you be the official ambassador?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, I thought I gave you permission to be mean about this for about two minutes and now you want to stretch it out. But I think this might be cathartic for me if other people call in and go, oh, you know what, this also happened to me.
Speaker 3: All right, So put it out there and in the meantime, okay calling out just quickly gurgle helga from hayar.
Speaker 4: I don't it's a beautiful picture.
Speaker 2: Also, if you are one of those women who were walking around Adelaide with one of those really pronounced ski jump lips, give the call please thirteen twenty four ten, because we're talking to you this morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, beauty disasters, just.
Speaker 2: Ten mili filler and that top lip.
Speaker 4: Thanks, it's kind of christ if you had a beauty disaster.
Speaker 11: No, it's just exactly the same as journey. The eyebrows done.
Speaker 10: You try and plan it.
Speaker 11: So that nothing's happening, no out, no anything. Then the grandson rings and says, can I come and sleep over?
Speaker 2: Nana?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, go pick him up. He's seven. After about ten minutes when I'm chatting to his mom and all of a sudden he comes over. He says, Nana, why do you have your angry eyebrows? Thought, I've done a good job of hiding them with the friends. Yeah, obviously not. And that just summed it up perfectly. And then when I heard you colleagues number aggressive, they really are like angry birds, aren't.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for making me feel somewhat better this morning. Kirsty from Oakton your beauty disasters.
Speaker 7: I thought it was a ranger. I could get away with doing a steak tan myself. We got cream back in the day and I put it all over myself and I went so dark brown it was ridiculous. But not only that I didn't exfoliate fast. I missed the memo on that. Yeah, and I had dark brown elbows and dark brown knees even darker than the rest of me. And I looked like someone had punched me initially in certain places on me, and it was not an attractive look. And I could not get that fake tan off for weeks. Not to mention being a ranger. It's not like all of a sudden I could tan that was obvious that.
Speaker 2: It was so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got your hot spots on your knees and your elbows, your pad's on, ready to go skating.
Speaker 2: The worst is when your knees and your elbows go that real tender orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's when you know, like straight up, you're like, this is this is not real?
Speaker 2: Honestly, my advice is don't mess around with tans by yourself. And I produces. Ali likes Steve. She likes to get BINDI her mom to give her. Like the thought of standing naked in front of your mum was she tns you is a little odd to me.
Speaker 4: Just in a little iaty bitty G string in the like.
Speaker 2: The paper G string.
Speaker 3: There's not offering any protection at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to where we going. Kirby, good morning, Good morning guys, how are you good? What happened beauty disaster.
Speaker 9: So I had never had my eyebrows done, and I thought, I'll give it a crack. Everyone does it. It's the new kind of thing where everyone brows are just the thing. Yep, and I've got really fair eyebrows like you. And I went in and I said, yep, the lighter. She's like, yeah, I'll do the lighters. I'll do it for the shortest time so it won't look great. I walked out looking like Read from Angry Birds.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, Read from Angry Birds has got the most aggressively pronounced dark hard as you've ever seen.
Speaker 9: And I was like, oh my god. And I was like googling all these ways of how to make them lighter, and I even did the whole baking soda and like water pasting and I had everything, and I was like, no, I made them redder. And I'm like, oh, no, another red and angry like they were. So I'm like, I need to stop. So I just left it and kind of just staated as red to Angry Birds for like four days. But yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: Just google Red from Angry Birds. I think I can see what you're saying. How goody brows that did you hide away, Kirby?
Speaker 9: No, I had to go to work. It was even better because all my regular customers were like, what did you do? And I'm like, thank It wasn't like, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Look great, it was just what did you do?
Speaker 3: What have you done?
Speaker 2: Your face?
Speaker 3: All sorts of trouble when you were about Clive at work and you're just trying to hide your eyebrows.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Steff.
Speaker 2: Hi. Guys, Hi you had a waxing incident.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I went to get.
Speaker 5: My eyebrows wax and they dropped hot wax over my eyelashes.
Speaker 4: Oh and what singed them off?
Speaker 5: No? So this was actually on Valentine's Day, you know. So I'm like, final was nice? So you go out to dinner?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they're like, oh, like we'll fix it, and like.
Speaker 5: Had to like use one hundred percent a code remove the wax from my eyelashes. Wow, And yeah, I ended up like having quite a red eye afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 2: This wasn't a beauty salon in someone's backyard, was it by chance? Steph?
Speaker 5: No, it was like in a shopping center.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also that might have been mistaken.
Speaker 4: Tell me you got it for free at least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like told him I wasn't going to pay for it, and I was like no, Like I could have ended up with no eyelashes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, completely fair enough.
Speaker 2: I love that stuff's gone in and on. It's nice new brows and lost her lashes as a process.
Speaker 4: Cheez. I mean, beauty sometimes can be paying for. That's quite the journey.
Speaker 2: Doesn't all come naturally to all of us, like a dusty you and born with a face like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all these big bushy brown eyebrows are quite natural. I have to pretend them for five minutes or whatever it is. You guys do you're the ambassador for beauty disasters. You got a favorite call this morning to join your little crew, your little gang.
Speaker 4: I did like misfits.
Speaker 2: I did like like Kirby and little angry angry bird eyebrows.
Speaker 3: He congratulations, Gervy. We've got a school holiday pack for you. Thanks, very good stuff. Alreading Cinema voucher in Tonto, the beach House voucher as well. The beach House Purp guest National in front Field Day. It's more fun their house the beach House. Well, what have you learneds?
Speaker 2: I've learned that it's Okay, to switch things up and go and try someone else.
Speaker 4: I'll bet you in the next six months health and you get it done.
Speaker 2: Oh it's probably I don't know, once every month and.
Speaker 3: A half, right, Okay, I guarantee you next time you come back in here, and you'll be an extended version of Red from Angry Birds and gosh, we'll have fun with it.
Speaker 4: Ed's feedback. Let's talk about Jo Jonah. I'm a circle for Joe Jonas. What a gorgeous man he is. He done third Brother and the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 3: He's the headline for a phenomenon that's sweeping across Hollywood and Australia, and that is the use of botox.
Speaker 2: It's a fine line, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Andrew Hayes, yeh will he's come out, he's teamed up with a brand over in the States. Say he's very open and honest about it. And this is a bloke who has dated Taylor Swift, he's dated Demi Levado, so he's got a track record from doing some pretty special things. Yeah, okay, so I beg's a question, and I'm a man who's around about thirty three, three thirty eight.
Speaker 4: It's not a number for me.
Speaker 3: Botox for men, Yeah, strange one. You put it straight to you. You're a lovely man, Greg Gregy, his face shock A block full of botox, my Greg smile. He's like, I am, I'm trying. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He categorically has not had botox. And in fact, if that man ever had surgery, it would probably be to correct a nose that's been whacked around by hockey six his whole life.
Speaker 3: So he's got natural cortlage because he's had his face beaten so many times and hockey matches that it's just pure cartilage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I just genuinely cannot imagine him ever going to get botox. In fact, I don't think I know any blokes have ever gone to get botox. Having said that, are you going to tell people if you do?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing. So Joe's trying to normalize that. You normalize it so it's not a big deal. I wouldn't tell anyone, wouldn't you? No, probably not.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't tell me.
Speaker 4: No, No, I wouldn't tell.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: You would lie to me about it, absolutely, I would.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, where'd your crows feet go, I'm like, oh, maybe I just took a sip from the fountain of you.
Speaker 2: There's some pretty telltale signs though, if you do have botox that you can get bruising. Okay, you've had it, and that's pretty obvious, and things can blow up a little bit as well, so you can have a bit of a reaction.
Speaker 4: Do you have botox?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, nah nah. And it's not like I know anything about it.
Speaker 4: No smiling, what's going on.
Speaker 9: No, I've had it.
Speaker 2: I've just I've had a little bit of it because I like look angry sometimes between my eyebrows there, but I'm not angry. So yeah, I've just had a tiny bit there and then maybe experimented with crows feet as well. And then I've had a tiny bit in my lips. But any places you've missed, and I have to tell you, having a little jab in your lips is the most outside of childbirth, the most painful thing.
Speaker 4: I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: Well, because your lip areer is so sensitive that if you get a little needle in there on it's like eye watering gear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd be down to give my crows feet give a little touch up.
Speaker 2: Would you.
Speaker 3: I think I'm fine on my forehead, but some people struggle with big lives in the forehead.
Speaker 2: Should be fine on that forehead. It is as smooth as a baby's bum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's growing too. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: No, that's your hair receipting.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: The forehead's growing because the hair is starting to eliminate itself for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: We've got a client here at no over. I can organize some crows feet both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, of course we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm up for that. Rowtos you the four nine on nine? Should we try and normalize this?
Speaker 4: So you were boken?
Speaker 3: He's mid thirties. Who's happy to share some information about getting botox?
Speaker 2: I'm sure they're out there. I just want to hear from them. Thirteen twenty four ten. Give us a call.
Speaker 3: I've got a bit of a theory as well. News reader Abbey as well, who's not with us because she's in Bali. She's obviously got a face full of bowtos because she's always got resting bitch face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it makes sense now, good, No one tell her you said that? No one?
Speaker 4: How Good's potting someone with the idea then there