Speaker 1: Morning, Melbourne, Gin Blossoms.
Speaker 2: What a tune.
Speaker 1: Welcome you Friday. This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jase, Lauren and Clint. And look who's run.
Speaker 2: By our next guest.
Speaker 3: There's a genuine uzzie hero who ran the Links of Australia for charity.
Speaker 4: I was hoping to raising million dollars for charity, but I was also hoping to just to be honest, inspire a lot of people to keep getting up and keep going.
Speaker 5: He's also been moonlighting as a milkman, organizing community milk runs.
Speaker 2: At four am.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think he's just run here from one right now.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show Rock Fast Morning. Also good to be.
Speaker 5: Young Australian of the Year title just keeps getting longer and longer and longer.
Speaker 4: I know the legend is yet thrown out. I'm not definitely not one of those, but I feel very honored to be here.
Speaker 3: Goes does one get for Young Australia of the Year. Do you get some sort of show bag or.
Speaker 2: They didn't give me a showbag but I did.
Speaker 4: I guess it's the invite into more rooms to get more changeup.
Speaker 2: So that's been really cool.
Speaker 1: You go at those those swinky events.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, not those events. I don't go to them, I say no. But yeah, it's been it's been really special. It's been a very cool something. I never thought i'd be in that position where they're recognizing me for the things I've done. But I don't you know, whether I did or didn't get it didn't change much other than the fact they get opportunities because of what we do.
Speaker 6: So you've just done your final milk run.
Speaker 2: It's sad times.
Speaker 6: What's happening. How many people turned up at the town at four am this morning?
Speaker 2: So many lagers. I don't know the number.
Speaker 4: But Big Milk, Big Milkause has ruined Little Milk's life.
Speaker 2: But that's all right. We are.
Speaker 1: So you're saying goodbye to Ned's.
Speaker 3: Very big milk as in the big corporation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm not. I'm not blaming them. We obviously had a business pointing the blame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't accountability. Whatever you do, don't take accountability. Yeah, we've had to. We've had to pack up, shot tooled down for Ned's milk.
Speaker 2: We are. We're pushed on for some time.
Speaker 4: But you know, just through under standing the way the world works and the monopoly that is the dairy industry in this country.
Speaker 2: We've had to. You know, the margins are tough and it's really hard to make ends meet.
Speaker 1: So we had not fire bombing your cows or anything that because that's a big thing.
Speaker 2: Take out the competition.
Speaker 5: Really are getting need You've you've raised so much money with Ned's Milk. It's been an awesome business. You should really hold your head high. These things are out.
Speaker 6: Of your control.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you've done an amazing job with Ned's Milk and you should be so proud of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. It's honestly been such a journey.
Speaker 4: Like I the whole idea behind this was to do good and make a good product.
Speaker 2: And we made the good product.
Speaker 4: But the do good part was purely based off the fact we can make it profitable and it's been tough to do that, so we had to. You know, I'm actually more proud of this than I am of a lot of the things I've succeeded. And so to speak, I wouldn't call it a failure more than anything. I called it, you know, a great moment in time. We've had the experience so lots of business lessons, but onto the next and doing good as much as possible. We're trying to, you know, get people to double down on the uncomfortable challenges here, do their own and still raise money for Mobilize, which is all the goal is here and end homelessess in this country.
Speaker 1: How's your body doing? Because last time we caught up, I think it was good. Last time I think there was you know, you were still healings.
Speaker 6: A toe falling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I'm always still healing, but just by the pursuits of of what I do.
Speaker 2: But I'm good. I feel a bit sound, a bit sick. It just a bit ras I've just been traveling a lot.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm fit, feeling fine, and yeah, feeling excited my athletic pursuits. I'm trying to go fast in the marathon now I'm trying to double down on that. But you know, we're still definitely pushing and still trying to make sure, you know, Mobilizers ticking along and getting all the opportunities aken to help people in this country.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, what's next? What are you what?
Speaker 3: What's on the agenda for the rest of the year. Do you sit down and plan or are you more impulsive, top guy.
Speaker 4: I was just saying, Jason, I'm just trying to enjoy the moment, trying to just be present. I spent a very long amount of my last few years thinking about the future and trying to lass to it and trying to control it and just get by stay to get to that point. But you keep doing it, so the more being present. But yeah, like having goals, We've got the uncomfortable challenge. It's something I'm trying to get people around trying to do their own ten days, I can do it.
Speaker 2: Anyone can do it.
Speaker 6: And what you have to do to take part in anything.
Speaker 2: Anything that's uncomfortable. That's the thing is. It's what's got for lunch with my mother in.
Speaker 6: Law ten days in.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we're remember that, but we're trying to, Yeah, just get people around that to take life, grab it by the plums and taking their own.
Speaker 1: No. No, remember you ripped into me when we're in the US, and you changed my mindset. I became above the line guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, he's been he's been a bit negative, but we turned that front upside down.
Speaker 1: Saying the ned off the air. Like my big thing at the moment is because life is such a routine and just working through the motions, live, not just exist.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the point of the uncomfortable challenge, right.
Speaker 2: If one was to get into running, not suggesting it's me asking for free. Oh for a I just want you to sort.
Speaker 3: Of dumb it down a bit like, okay, so me, I by battle a lot with running. What what did you do in those initial stages to get going?
Speaker 4: You know what I'd say, it actually is it comes. It's similar with the mindset. It's it's just a mindset shift. I think we get so caught up in like oh I'm not doing this or I can't do this, versus well, I just did this and I'm now feeling good because of it. So I think it's the the consistency piece. So getting out just consistently, not overdoing it, not being a hero and trying to do a big run because someone else has done it.
Speaker 2: Just get out.
Speaker 4: Consistently twice, three times, four times a week, and that pays dividends.
Speaker 2: But then go I get to run versus oh I have to run.
Speaker 6: I am to run versus I have to run. I love that.
Speaker 3: It might be Commonwealth Games, Bound, the Old Person.
Speaker 2: Month, the Masters Masters of the Geriatric Games make the pins like Neddy here.
Speaker 6: Look at his second time.
Speaker 2: There's just a shocking tan line from the cycling. But they have been on a bike a lot.
Speaker 5: I saw that. And they see you doing some sort of ultra marathon what do they call iron man?
Speaker 2: You won't be seeing me doing I man, I'm pursuing the marathon. I'm going as hard as I can in the marathon.
Speaker 5: The marathon, which marathon, all of them, all you can do all around the world.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just like just spending time getting as fast as possibly can.
Speaker 6: In the marathon, which which marathon?
Speaker 5: Will not even haven't you done that you'd like to do?
Speaker 4: To be honest, this sounds really like not cool, but I don't really care.
Speaker 2: I just purely want to.
Speaker 6: Run a fast one on a fast anyway.
Speaker 4: So wherever the world takes it, I'd be very privileged to do that. But yeah, I just want to get fast.
Speaker 1: We're going to send you the New York one, but we'll say the flight so you can do the.
Speaker 6: Easier than New York if you want to be fast.
Speaker 1: Congrats on the milk mate, Like Lauren said, massive achievement. You raised a huge amount of money, so they should be proud.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys appreciating.
Speaker 1: Nets Uncomfortable Challenge dot com is a website to go and get amongst it.
Speaker 2: We love you, ned.
Speaker 6: Jase, Lauren and Clint wake have feeling good.
Speaker 2: Jace, Lauren and
Speaker 6: Clin' on the socials.