Speaker 1: Get your every day adelaide. How did your speed back?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I hope you're prepared for some this week, because look, let me preface this by saying, you've got a newborn baby at the home. You're a little bit tired. You've made a couple of small errors.
Speaker 4: Okay, not the only one, so Zabby.
Speaker 1: Stop throwing Stop throwing stones at Jody from your beautiful glass hound.
Speaker 4: Maybe I have a newborn at home, and that's why I'm tired. Okay, you guys know everything about my life, all right.
Speaker 3: I know it wouldn't surprise me for one second.
Speaker 1: All Right, this week's installment of Jody's diary. Enjoy everyone except for.
Speaker 3: Me, Mabby, dear diary. Well, my good friend Andrew summed up his own week beautifully with one little weird sound what's happening?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: And when he wasn't being an absolute weirdo, he was doing his best Jessica Simpson impression. Crazy you catch me terrifying that you know the lyrics to that song?
Speaker 4: Is anyone else horrified?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: My very lozard goodness.
Speaker 4: I think Hazy thinks he's Jessica Simsilf.
Speaker 1: And Dukes of Hazard and it's.
Speaker 6: Like you've always had the magic touch.
Speaker 3: Oh mate, weren't you just slaying it on community radio?
Speaker 1: Come out next jokes South Australian conspiracy theories.
Speaker 3: This is so exciting and this.
Speaker 1: Is right in the wheelhouse of news reader Abby. Yes, how I'm going to get in here talk about that next. And if you've got one, get involved with thirteen twenty four ten er cents a peck so for O, double o.
Speaker 3: I'm sucked it up, plain cheat for me so far. But if anyone was going to trip me up, it was bloody Britney.
Speaker 1: In the middle of their photos and in particular their photos of her when she had the knife and she was half an aked and she was dancing around on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to contact her people and ask them to include it for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Just ask your mum thanks to yeah, or her dad, which is in control?
Speaker 3: Dad dad anymore in control of the conservership?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it must conservators ship. I can never say it's a bit like kless and it's.
Speaker 3: Oops. Indeed, I messed up again? Did pilarates last night? Filling yen whatever? Goodn't careless.
Speaker 1: Let's see how that works out for you. Feeling very indeed, where does it feel like to feel Japanese cancer?
Speaker 3: I mean, the joke's on you because it's a combination of ying.
Speaker 4: And yang and zen.
Speaker 1: Ah is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Oh God?
Speaker 3: Is that jers or yen or gen z?
Speaker 1: It's another story coming out of the jed Zen a little group of people.
Speaker 4: Did you mean jed z or gen Zen?
Speaker 1: Gen Z?
Speaker 4: What do I mean?
Speaker 3: What both of us mean? You know who else took to feeling in far too far? Was in the newsroom who slept in and completely missed the morning? It bere We got to mention wake up.
Speaker 6: Everybody's wake up, Jeff.
Speaker 3: We really need you wake up, sweetie.
Speaker 4: Free space when I couldn't do a push up.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a Judge free space?
Speaker 6: Yeah back sweet.
Speaker 3: And the rest of the week was dedicated to caffeine and our fervent hope that Abby in the newsroom would have some to cure her resting face. You cannot start your day without a decent coffee.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you we have one of those weirdo decaf.
Speaker 1: Numbers decaf coffees.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with decaf coffee, thank you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, is there a correlation between the fact that you're always grumpy and you have deca coffee.
Speaker 4: I'm just won't.
Speaker 3: It's just a valid question.
Speaker 4: He's probably right, but I'm never going to admit that's true.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to go for drinks with Abby and we have some virgin dakeries.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, Oh, Abby's having another mocked. We like to give away free coffee, and it was a case of look, mum, no hands in Jody and Hazy's cafe. Nay, say you forget to give away a week's worth of coffee, then perhaps you have to be in the new to drink it. Yeah, maybe that's the stipulation.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool, I'm happy with that. Right now, as I'm frotting this last.
Speaker 4: A he is crossing it with your hands heavy.
Speaker 3: One of the reason graduate from tapes how to say phone numbers.
Speaker 4: On radio course.
Speaker 8: It up.
Speaker 3: Just relax, filling yen whatever and let Jessica Simpson take you into your weekend crazy.
Speaker 4: Go off Kings and queens.
Speaker 3: Oh my love, Jody. If you've been waiting to skip the school holiday crowns for your next trip, now is your chance.
Speaker 1: You take a sneaky weekend with what if dot Com.
Speaker 3: Just imagine all those empty beach book.
Speaker 1: Of coordination and more on the water.
Speaker 3: If that what if it's Ozzie for travel.
Speaker 1: Always bouncing down south south coast represent Actually, do you know what?
Speaker 9: That's a good one, you know, going down south, driving from the city down south. And this reminds me. Have you guys been doing you guys have been talking about the lies that your parents feed you when you were kids. Yes, yes, so the one that dad used to say to me all the time. Do you know whether Victoria Hotel is o'hala and hill there main south road, So you know, there was that rough terrain on the side there. So there was a few hills like you know hills, and that flowing along there. One of the hills there was a big sort of I don't know it was. There was all this rough terrain and it was cut out of one of the hills. And growing up, Dad used to tell me, see there that is broken hill.
Speaker 1: Because it's broken.
Speaker 9: And I always said to me the kids at school there were two lives that Dad told me, and I would go to the kids and said, yeah, we said, we we saw broken ill on the weekend. How much traveling do you do because the other one was Splashdown water slide park at nor Lounger. There was only two slides, the Orbiter and the Screamer, right, Yeah, but Dad used to tell us that it was wet and wild. So when we were kids, we would go to school and go, Yeah we went wet mild on the weekend, and all the kids would go.
Speaker 1: How are you going to the Gold Coast affording this?
Speaker 7: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Guy's rich, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 9: So that's a big shout out to meet Fitzgerald, big fat liar down south and still is still alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Good parenting parent. It's the best done best down south. Yeah fitsy. Other thing you were talking about this morning as well, was you potentially faked the situation and get out of pain for a meal. Bloke over in Spain twenty times faked a heart attack at a restaurant to get out of pain. Finally caught up with him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're doing the bolt. I mean we look, we didn't do it too much. There was junk food corner down at all Lunger had which had that ad machas KFC, and also you had Pizza Hut down there and all you could eat pizza heart. I think that that's shut down because the local kids that when it was time to pay, already hundred meters down the ram, the big one. Can I tell you a story when I was at Mitsubishi making seats, the one that I learned from all the older blakes at Mitsi's And if anyone works in a factory with a lot of workers, they.
Speaker 1: Used to teach me.
Speaker 9: They used to get the paper every morning on the way to work, really early, and you would go to the habituaries and you would see if you had a common surname jod'es. You could always if someone died with the same surname as you, you could go into work, show the obituary and say, oh, that was my uncle, and we've got to we've got together get together as a family today and talk about the funeral and get.
Speaker 1: A day off. That's good.
Speaker 9: I was going to question it, no one because it's in the obituaries, it's in the advertiser.
Speaker 3: We had a funny moment where we thought of you during the week speaking of Mitsubishi, because we as part of the Saint John Holme Lottery, a ranger guy and we were like okay, mate, this is fed inkam you. You can either choose between one hundred thousand dollars or a luxury vehicle. And we listed all the vehicles and it was like a Lexus, it's the big dogs BMW say this and he's given it this one. I kid you not. He goes probably pass on the car. I'll work at Mitsubishi.
Speaker 1: It felt like he's about to go on a big spiel about how Piguero is the best biggle on the planet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, good on, buy yourself an Outlander and give me the cash, one hundred thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 3: And when he dropped the yells bissy, We're all like, well, so did Fitzy.
Speaker 9: He's a Donsley boy.
Speaker 3: Needless to say, he took the one hundred grand is.
Speaker 9: It was a great And there's a lot of people that I still run into from Mitsubishi, and a lot of blokes that I still go and visit in Yettlow and that are doing very very well. Shout out there to Brian Smart. He was our bosses represent tons represent We used to go to Tonsley Hotel for lunch, which is a bit stupid coming back half tank putting seats together.
Speaker 3: People driving around?
Speaker 1: Guys, can we stop the line?
Speaker 9: I've stapled my thumb to the seats, can't feel a thing.
Speaker 3: There's just blokes driving around marrying a mix on a forty five degree angle, going what's doing this seat?
Speaker 9: I've got to stop drinking woodstocks at lunch.
Speaker 1: Oh love you?
Speaker 9: Any foody, no footy harvest rock next week to Freddy, I'm not going to be with.
Speaker 1: You, absolutely, and then I'm going to have another beer a fitz you. I sent Fitzy message saying happy birthday because I tell everyone that we're best mates.
Speaker 7: It's one side that's completely fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we're back who is We're of the agreement that you'll have one beer with me, and then I've got a disappear. I can't anything.
Speaker 9: There'll be an awkward moment and go all right, Hazy, good to see you, mat.
Speaker 1: I'll say, so, can I get on your shoulders yet? Or I'll get off my shoulders Fitzy.
Speaker 7: We'll see you next week again, all right, love you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm hazy six a m coffee who was a copy thirteen twenty four ten and not just a coffee, maybe a week's worth of coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we like to do here, and you know we've got a big show coming up, so you probably need to be caffeinated for it. Just so you're as up and about as we're going to be.
Speaker 1: Let's also talk about something you screwed to you, Joseph fronting work today when clearly you might be a little bit underweather and maybe sitting there going WHOA, who's that co host with Hazy? Is it the Great Miley Cyrus?
Speaker 4: Journey is usually the part that you remember it anyways.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe it is. You got some real Miley Cyrus vibes with that voice at the moment. He works for Miley, I do.
Speaker 3: And there was some suggestion that I wouldn't be well enough to come into work. But to come in this morning and to have you rip the piss out of me, it's been all worth it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: Journey is usually the part that you remember anyways, So true, Jo's I hate you sometimes I shouldn't have stayed in bed and left you to your own device.
Speaker 7: You did last Friday.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you it was wonderful too. You should do it more often.
Speaker 3: I was tempted this morning. Don't worry about Michelle from Glenowery.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm well, it's hazy and Miley. Here. We are you off to this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm currently sitting outside my son's work picking him up, which I do every single morning at six am to see weeks night shift.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Michelle.
Speaker 5: And then I go home, take my husband and then I log on a work all day.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Now I feel bad for complaining about having Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Now after I work.
Speaker 5: From home though, so I'm a little bit.
Speaker 11: Lucky with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice, but it's also hard, Michelle, because you don't you find you get distracted by washing and doing the okay, oh.
Speaker 5: I get more distractive in the office if.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, right, fair enough, Hi, Michelle, what are we having? What's your post this morning?
Speaker 5: I'd love a skinny last.
Speaker 1: The sugars three four sugars as well.
Speaker 5: I know sugar said. I'm working from home, so I'm not giving any exercise, don't need the sugar.
Speaker 1: And of course, me being the good Barissa that I am, I always say when people say that you're sweet enough, you don't any sugar.
Speaker 4: That's good. Well done, Michelle.
Speaker 3: Coffee for you for a week enjoys. Thank you so much, Sea Michelle. Yes, that's that's good mothering, isn't it unbelievable? I'd be like your own way.
Speaker 1: I wish I had a mother like that.
Speaker 12: She was.
Speaker 3: She still What's what you're waking up to, Adelaide's to snooze news.
Speaker 1: A lot of stuff going on, a lot of and what.
Speaker 3: We do is we like to take the top three stories and just jam them into one little segment, so when you wake up, you can go to work and you can be edumicated about what's going on. And let's go to Abby in the newsroom. First.
Speaker 4: Hello, Sorry, I'm having some technical difficulties this morning. I'm hearing some weird noises.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: What you genuinely do when this situation is push on and.
Speaker 4: Ignore, Yes, but it's I can't seem to do that anyway. I'm just going to talk and hopefully you can hear me. The cleanup will continue to say. At the Pagoda Chinese restaurant in Frouville. So it was a large kitchen fire overnight. Now luckily there's not too much damage, but some cooking oil was left and a seventy year old man was taken to hospital with minor burns. It's a beautiful little restaurant on Glen Osmond Road. I've been there. I went there a few years ago. I'm due to go back, but it's yeah, it might need a little bit of help and Adelaide rulling behind them just to sort of get back on their feet. So that happened yesterday afternoon. I would assume that they would be closed for a little bit this morning, but hopefully they'll reopen soon.
Speaker 3: Very nice. I did some amazing things yesterday. We did like a little wrap on ten news. First of all the things that are going on in Adelaide. So firstly went down to the Lucky dumpling market. That looks incredible. Two weeks and guess how many dumplings that they anticipate that they will sell over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: One point four billion. And that's just to you. That's just tonight. I've pre ordered them.
Speaker 3: No, they sold three hundred thousand last week last year, and this year they anticipate that they're going to sell four hundred thousand dumplings.
Speaker 7: Wow, beat your own record.
Speaker 3: I had a sample yesterday. Oh my giddy aunt.
Speaker 1: But you did you forgot the chewed in you ate it like a duck.
Speaker 3: You will find me on Saturday with my children like literally in the torrens like a duck, just with a whole dumplings. He's going.
Speaker 4: My advice is don't chew them, just do it like oysters and just sucks.
Speaker 1: He's just wasting time.
Speaker 3: So true. And then we went across to ton Andy, which is the new First Nation's Festival that is happening at the Art Gallery of South Australia. And I had the absolute pleasure yesterday of meeting Vincent Namajira. Now he painted that iconic picture that won the Archibald Prize of him with Adam Goods, and so he was standing in front of it yesterday and he was talking about the painting and what it meant to him and how it broke his heart that Adam Goods was tree the way he was in the latter years of his career, and also was touched on the no vote as well, and he just said, I just wanted a better future for the regional kids, regional Aboriginal kids, and he was genuine I nearly cried. He was genuinely so upset about what's just transpired in Adam Goods, Adam good Yeah, he's incredible.
Speaker 1: His meed of Adam Goods a lot yep.
Speaker 3: So that was really lovely. And what was the third thing I did?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I saw the preview of the w BBL. So the Adelaide Strikers, they obviously won the whole shebang last year, but they did a doco on it. It's a fifty minute docco and it just navigates their journey throughout the season and it was such a great insight into the change rooms of these girls and how hard they work and all that hard work coming to fruition with the Premiership. So it was really really cool thing to watch.
Speaker 1: The stuff go the striker news.
Speaker 3: For me yesterday I did some stuff. God will be croaky, I know, especially with a belly full of dumplings.
Speaker 4: Wow, what an achievement.
Speaker 1: A couple of bits of news coming out of the AFL both List boy Yo boy Elijah Holins who is now part of the Carton Football Club. So he's got a court date or had a court date for possessing a prohibited substance which is not good. So that eventually will be sorted out and probably get a strike. And I'm not sure what happens in the courts is But the other one, and this one's where it's very tricky, is that the Demons, and that is Joel Smith who returned a positive test for cocaine after a game in season. So this is where it gets really really tricky because if it's out of competition, then you get a strike and all sorts of things. But it's not a big deal in terms of course the big deal. It's not good to ingest illicit substance. But because it was in competition phase, potentially he's up for a four year ban.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So what happens now is they need to prove that he didn't do it on the game on the day of the game itself, and if they can prove that, then he'll probably a three month band.
Speaker 4: Surely you're not doing that before you're running out onto the footy field.
Speaker 1: Surely probably not has. But then the other question is there, and that is if it is in your system for what two or three days, you potentially ingesting a listit substance on say.
Speaker 4: A Thursday, Yeah, and why are you risking it with your career?
Speaker 3: I mean everyone has different preparations. I remember hearing that Eddie Betts would go to Subway twice before a game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, just clicked on that. I mean I read Ben Cousins book documentary and one of his things was he said he would he would have a huge night on a list of substances, huge weekend, turn up on a Monday and go to twenty laps of a pool. Each lap that he would get it out. He would drink a six hundred meal bottle of water, so he's basically swimming and urinating at the same time. Drug tests were there and you pass the test.
Speaker 7: Wow, goodness me Wow, I wouldn't recommend them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't coommend doing that.
Speaker 3: And also just the very fact that he would plan his drug use around the roster, so he knew where he was going to be at any given weekend, and he knew when he was going to have a big night and how long it would take to get out of his system.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable freshits and throwback. This is no varie machine. Look you go, ready, what's the weekend?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Head on. The only way a vending machine knows how that is true.
Speaker 7: That's very, very true.
Speaker 1: Solid reputation vending machines for really leaving no stone unturned.
Speaker 3: And this is how it works. We have three questions. You just need to get the third one right and then you get yourself a crack at the vending machine. So many cool prizes on the line. She's best twenty twenty three tickets Earthquake Studios Bylola five hundred. The list goes on and on.
Speaker 1: Andrew Hoes, let's go to Matelnands, Let's go to Brittany Ala. Brittany, how are you good? How are you nervous?
Speaker 3: Nerv you'd be okay because I pretty much just gave away the first answer to the first question. So you're a third of the way there, Brittany. What TV show is this theme for.
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 4: To Brittany tead, I'm nervous, don't be nervous.
Speaker 1: Just to tag it head on, light the vending machine. Work three two. Oh my gosh, you are living on the edge of Britain, Brittany Walter, entertainer.
Speaker 3: Question number two. What geometric shape is generally used for stop signs?
Speaker 13: What's the word for it?
Speaker 3: That's why we're asking.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 7: So thanks for the journey there, Brittany.
Speaker 3: Brit That was some highs and lows, wasn't it. Let's go to Mitch from low or hey, Mitch, there is Mitch.
Speaker 1: Sorry, don't pull you up there, mate. How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Thank you great, Mitch. Mitch, can you tell us what geometric shape is generally used for stop signs?
Speaker 13: Is it an optagon?
Speaker 3: Thank goodness? Certainly not a circle?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Question number three for a crack at the vending machine, Mitch, which spice girl was Victoria Beckham sing?
Speaker 1: You know the words Mitch, congratulations, great man done.
Speaker 3: Just because you sung along to Jessica Simpson verbatim word for word during the week.
Speaker 1: She is such a guilty pleasure some of these old nineties pop songs.
Speaker 3: And no, Mitch, I need a letter between A and C please A N D C A N C B okay, and a number between two and six four right four four gets in.
Speaker 1: Before we got.
Speaker 3: Machine, just to let you know sometimes we have to really dismantle the vending.
Speaker 1: Machine to take its face off Nicholas ca style.
Speaker 3: Mitch, you want to avoid the chips here, this is the key. Yeah. Yeah, Well you have done that, and you've won an Amazon Alexa Echo Pop smart speaker.
Speaker 1: If you don't, Yeah, I dare say that's one of the prizes. That I would absolutely love.
Speaker 7: Good well done, Mitch, they.
Speaker 3: Go fantastic weekend. I don't know. If you frequent the Woolshed, you'll probably see the six fifteen vending machine.
Speaker 7: Man especially you do a lot, but not anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, good we all we all outgrow the Wolfshed at some point.
Speaker 1: And as we always say, Mitch, avoid the six fifteen vending machine. After a couple of Bundy and coach, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Thanks and that's all. Thanks to Amazon Alexa, you can easily listen to us at home with the Echo Pop smart speaker, just Alexa playing nover.
Speaker 1: What did that was?
Speaker 7: Wasn't it? Good stuff?
Speaker 2: Am?
Speaker 1: Coffee shouts yeah, six thirty six, let's do this once a cofee thirteen and twenty four to ten. Not just a coffee, a week's worth of coffee. Give us a bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're more than happy to shout you coffee for an entire week. Apps in the newsroom thoughe just when was the season opening? Wind from the outline?
Speaker 4: Don't start with me, all right.
Speaker 3: You haven't had your decaf coffee yet.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you in in a little secret. I got a coffee on the way into work this morning.
Speaker 3: And it was a coffee.
Speaker 4: It was a coffee coffee. I'm tired. I'm tired this morning. I've been burning the candle at both ends and I wanted a coffee.
Speaker 3: You didn't go out again last night?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear? This is a really funny story. Yes, so I went to a thing called musical Bingo and I actually hosted the paper plane throwing competition.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wild.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we need to get your boyfriend thirteen O god Crelli from you downs. Good morning, good morning if ever participated in a paper plane throwing contest, Kelly.
Speaker 8: I have a six year old, so yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, every night.
Speaker 4: It's a thing. I tell you.
Speaker 1: We have a six year old too. She reads the news for us.
Speaker 3: Kel Where you're off to you this morning?
Speaker 8: Work?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately?
Speaker 4: Where do you work?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what can I get you here? Kelly? As I fire up the coffee.
Speaker 4: Machine, locker please.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not sure that I've heard that combination before.
Speaker 3: Just do your job and make the coffee.
Speaker 1: Please keep your special comments to yourself.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Barista, Kelly, We're going to shout your coffee for a week. Just get you on.
Speaker 4: Your way, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, You're so welcome. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 7: Stuff there, nice, isn't it?
Speaker 1: What about this story emerging overseas and credit where credits due? Fifty year old man faked heart attacks and over twenty rest trans in Spain to avoid paying bills.
Speaker 3: That's extreme.
Speaker 1: Originally the man was from Lithuania. He's been jailed after he failed to pay the fine for his theatrical skills, so on top of that, didn't have to pay back the restaurants, but got a fine, didn't pay that, tried to weasel his way out of that, and now he's going to jail. But being a weasel is what us blokes do best, wheeling other things.
Speaker 6: It's important to learn.
Speaker 4: It's what separates us from the animals.
Speaker 14: Of course, it's just us and the weasels.
Speaker 1: It's a skill in itself. For example, news reader Abby Yeah claimed last Friday, this time last week, can you believe it's been a week? Happy one week anniversary since Abby slept in?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Great sleep In of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Ayes, I missed my alarm.
Speaker 3: She didn't know because in her brain she's like, I'm tired, I don't want to go to work today. I'm sick of those two peanuts. And also if I sleep in then I still get paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one off. And it's a delicate balance as well, because at what stage do you tell work, yeah I'm awake, I'm ready to go. Do they go na stay home? Versus well you better come in?
Speaker 4: Actually awkward. I forgot to put that I missed my shift, so and we got paid yet the same day. It's really interesting that in it.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's the only weasel in this little team of ours though, because I need to ask you this question, Andrew Hayes, is there a cafe in the central business district of Adelaide, South Australia.
Speaker 7: This is not fair that has.
Speaker 3: Not declined your card when you've gone to pay for coffee and or you're baking an egg roll. The sheer volume of times that we've been out with you where the lady behind the counter has awkwardly gone, oh sorry, that didn't go through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little code fifty one.
Speaker 3: He knows what fifty one means now anyway, special shout out to those businesses this morning, Fresco, Larry and Lad Kiko and the two dollar coffee at x Cafe.
Speaker 6: We apologize.
Speaker 3: So just before we get into Battle on the Bangers, which is essentially two songs that go head to head, a jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page to cast your vote because this one is tight. But before we get into it, I just want to check that we're all still friends.
Speaker 4: Up with the diary. We're good.
Speaker 6: We're good. Abs.
Speaker 4: Nah, you know how you messaged me yesterday and said, oh, like, you know, just double checking. No, I'm off you now.
Speaker 3: I did check in with Abs yesterday just to say you're okay. If I ripped the p I double five out of you and the diary this week and she was like, okay, yeah, you know, we're all friends.
Speaker 4: I'd written out my Christmas cards for this year and now I've just torn yours up. So I'm devastating.
Speaker 1: This is probably a conversation there. But we'll have our vengeance, don't you just bang?
Speaker 9: Kid?
Speaker 1: And what I want to do before the end of the year, Let's have a little turn of a diary ourselves.
Speaker 3: I'll feel free. It's a lot of work for me, so I'm happy to hand over the pen and the diary to you and you can take over you too.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's done. I'll bring the things that I write down every night before I go to bed. So we've got some content that's going to be dark.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: It's a bat a lot of the bangers. It can be very dark. Indeed, you chose a song jokes, now, who sings this? Alamas Morris sat yes, yes, said you're saying Alanis, and I was like, oh, he's a Lanis Lalas Morisset.
Speaker 4: I stand by that.
Speaker 3: It can be either Alarms or Alanis.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Unless you are actually Alanis or Alanis Morris. You've got no right to say how I can say her?
Speaker 11: Know.
Speaker 1: I think when you consistently say your name one way and people saying it's some way differently, yeah, then you can say, well, it's not up to it's not up to you how you say someone else's name when they say it consistently one way.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what you just said in the last fifty I wonder how Kayla a Sinus feels about Jody and how Jodi says.
Speaker 1: Say it's a Ninas if I want to, and is like, how about you just say it correctly?
Speaker 4: It's a Nanus.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: It's a Nanus?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Alanis Morisset you ought to know? Up against Cranbrees or is it the Crane Breeze?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: Alanis v the Cranbreese. Ye real nineties five battle the names.
Speaker 3: And a real sort of similar genre we've gone for this week. Yeah, but if you haven't done so already, please vote for my song.
Speaker 4: She's alarms Marsett. She was an icon.
Speaker 1: She was an absolute icon. Yeah, powerful, powerful woman, powerful voice.
Speaker 3: Have we got some sort of score update? I do. I don't have the exact votes.
Speaker 10: When I looked at it this morning, it was fifty to fifteen, neck and neck, and now it is fifty one forty nine.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell you who, but you've probably.
Speaker 10: Got about fifteen or so minutes to vote before it cuts off, So get voting.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 3: I don't want to pressure people that I have been a little bit sick this week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, yeah, play her song because she's sick.
Speaker 3: Seriously, need a little pick me up?
Speaker 1: Oh come on thirteen twenty fourteen. What lies do you tell you kids? Or what were you told as a kid?
Speaker 3: Oh? Where's this come from?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, let's inject a news reader, Abby into this conversation. We're having just a nice little conversation the other day in the newsroom and we started talking about some of the things that your parents told you as you were a youngster, and Abby came out with one which I reckon a lot of people have told before, and for the longest time, I thought was a genuine thing.
Speaker 4: So shout out to my sisters. I'll never forgive them for this. They I was eating watermelon one day and I ate the watermelon and they both went, did you just eat the seeds as well? And I said, well yeah, and they said, oh my god, Oh my god, it's going to start growing in your stomach now and it's going to grte your ears. Yeah. So I freaked out and was crying and was like, how am I going to tell mom? I'm about to turn into a war watermelon? And then as I got older, I realized that everybody basically got told this life everyone.
Speaker 1: Break mom, Yeah, sit down, I've got something now. This is going to be very confronting, but in two to three months I will be.
Speaker 4: Literally what was going through my head. So yeah, I've never forgiven them for that, And they'll be listening to this, laughing their heads off, thinking that were hilarious.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a little white lie.
Speaker 7: Hope my kids aren't listening they Yeah, they probably are.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to reveal it.
Speaker 4: It's what school time yet, is it.
Speaker 3: It's not That's what I mean. They're probably listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but well they're listening at home.
Speaker 1: They're probably listening to go on.
Speaker 4: So all of.
Speaker 3: Our children growing up, we have told them that we have cameras everywhere in the house.
Speaker 1: What's that's that's like what you've told them that effectively they live in a prison.
Speaker 3: Or the Big Brother compound. So every time they have an eye or whatever, or they do something wrong and we're not around my like, tell the truth, We'll check the cameras.
Speaker 1: That's good. That is very deceitful. That's exactly what we're talking about. That's taken to the next level.
Speaker 3: So now I've just given that away, which is annoying because it still works on the youngest AnyWho.
Speaker 1: Anyway, don't keep that secret.
Speaker 3: You eat that chocolate, No, mummy, I didn't. Well, I'm gonna go and check the camera. Oh okay, I'll.
Speaker 1: Be back in a tick, or you can just tell me the truth right now. Yeah, as we approach Christmas as well, we've got a certain little method with our kids. You're a five year old and a three year old. It's probably gonna work better on the three year old. Now where if I start misbehaving, and there's apps that are in on this as well, you can press a button and then it'll be a pretend Santa Claus video call come back, and the one that we've got says this, so you answer. It's like, oh, San, it's just cold.
Speaker 15: Here is.
Speaker 4: I normally don't do this, but I've got some bad news.
Speaker 1: You're on the naughty list. No, no, before you you have too upset, hold on, let me remind you that there's still time to switch the list. And then you emerge into the listen. You can turn it all around. You've just got to behave and then yeah, always straightens up, Henry.
Speaker 3: As as my husband Greg says, it's all about how you respond, So come on, Henry, come on, lotty, straighten up.
Speaker 5: Lauren.
Speaker 3: That as a kid, that would.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh devastating hearing. Don't cose, don't go sound, don't course.
Speaker 7: Sound call the big fellow.
Speaker 3: You still say that to me and here sometimes when you do the wrong.
Speaker 1: Thing, I'll call him.
Speaker 3: I've got his number, Hazy, I'm going to call him. The little lies that you tell your kids. Thirteen, twenty fourteen. We'd love to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Tana from More for roget Tana.
Speaker 8: Good morning, guys, how I was feeling today?
Speaker 15: So a little lie, little white lie, doesn't hurt anybody. I have a three and a five year old, so I tell them that chocolate milkshakes have coffee in it so that they don't drink Mine's good.
Speaker 1: See, that's not too much of a lie to genuine little white lie. I's going to assume in the right direction, that's exactly what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: It's Nie and guys.
Speaker 1: Good Friday Friday to you. Let's go off on Ronnie.
Speaker 3: What's the little lie that you tell you kids?
Speaker 8: Well, my children are older now, but I wanted them to eat blue veined cheese and I didn't want to tell them it was made it was moldy, so I told him it was zebra cheese made by Zebras. And I believe that's for years, and now they're adults, they still give me heaps about it.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, that's fine. What about going to the Delhi and asking for some zebra cheese?
Speaker 8: They used to be in the supermarket. They'd say, Mum, can we get zebra cheese? And my girlfriend was in the supermarket one day and looked at me and just shook her head.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ronnie, well done, love that for you. Let's go to Sarah from Ethelton. What little white lies are you telling your kids?
Speaker 4: Sarah?
Speaker 11: Hi, guys, Yeah, I used to tell my kids that if they lied, it knows would grow like plocchios, and so when they did lie, they'd be pressing in them.
Speaker 1: Did give away? Did give away? I did hear the story the other day as well, Sarah, that a parent would tell their kid, if you lie, that your tongue would turn blue.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: So then it would always be like, are you telling a lie? And then to say, ro, I will show me your tongue, And if they're like, oh, I don't want to show you, then you know that they're lie.
Speaker 3: That's so clever.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 11: I could always know when they were lying, especially when one was lying and the other one knew about it, the perspect they'd put their hand over each other's nose.
Speaker 3: That's genious, Debbie, What lies are you telling your kids yourself?
Speaker 2: High Live today. I've got five boys from early twenties, just so eighteen, and I looked at it. I think, well, often on the weekend we've got quite a few of their friends will all come over and sort of party on their Yeah, and if they I al to turn the music down consistently, my hunsband will tell them, yeah, and I turn the music down for that thing.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 2: I've watched it all get shut down.
Speaker 1: That is that would be a fake threat made by so many people. I'm about to call the cops. I've called the cops, and then you shift any don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's it's like a teenage version of I'm going to call Santra, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: It's a good examples coming through by the text I know for double nine or nine nine one nine, if you cross your eyes, they'll stay that way. It's a good one. Chewing gum stays in your stomach for seven years.
Speaker 7: That's one to tell the youngsters of as well.
Speaker 3: I've always heard that meat swallowed meat stays in your stomach for two years.
Speaker 1: Meat I read meat, No, I think that was that was some of your Vega mates. Watching too much TV will make your eyes go stra square.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's good one. Hey, I'd like to give Sarah the best call of cheese Fest tickets please, Yes, it's back the most Knackable weekend in Essay November eighteen nineteen in Runtal Park your tickets from Cheesfest dot com.
Speaker 1: Dooy oh very good. You can't continue the conversation as well? I mean, what sort of little lies do you tell your cares or have you been told as a youngster, which stays with you for a long time. I don't know why as well, but for so long it was like each your crusts and they'll make your hair go curly. Yeah, like curly here is beautiful. I get that, But why is that an incentive to eat your cross?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a bit of a visual gag that I'm going to do it for you anyway, just to make you laugh. But you really deserve to be called horse. Just put my hand on one nose, everybody.
Speaker 7: Thanks for that. Pinocchio appro state that.
Speaker 1: Yep. Two opportunities to start your weekend right, So we both nominate a song each and then we put it to the good people via Jody and Hazy on Instagram. We say, look, you vote for the best banger.
Speaker 3: Yes, two songs very similar ones this.
Speaker 1: Week real similar, both nineties vibes.
Speaker 3: I love that I've gone down the Alanis Morrisset path.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 1: A bit of a Lanis did you sing? And she's an absolute queen.
Speaker 7: Let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Yep, I've gone down the nineties pat as well, a bit heavier, a bit of zombie Wi the Cranberries. All right, in the studio comes one of the absolute greats, and that is camera guy Josh great Man. Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: You had a four day week too this week, can't you?
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: Seems to be a sam are here anyway.
Speaker 7: I thought, if Abs can do it, then I can do it.
Speaker 4: We'll just keep turning up for the five days.
Speaker 6: Hazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said she set the tone, didn't she? What on your trailblazer, Abby.
Speaker 4: They've always said that about me to be on aztraight joke.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Alanas Morissett be the Cranberries. You want a little drum roll there? Great man.
Speaker 12: I can tell you at seven twenty five there were only two votes in it, and then one vote got thirty six people jump on board and really came back from the dead.
Speaker 3: Okay, zombie reference, I get it.
Speaker 14: It's zombie by the Cranberries, unhazy, there you go the cram Is and just imagine this perform live, big giant Clowd going off, drums, guitar, strong Irish voice.
Speaker 6: Let people listen to it.
Speaker 1: The crane breeze. This weeks reade the Battle of the bang It. It's kidding me like good friends at Frederick Street Finest celebrating by people just registering Ony Apple online at Nobra Foumpillings. How they fake fancy, how they just do bougie a little bit differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are the moments where you pretend like you're super bougie, but you're in fact quite popo, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're certainly not as fancy as we'd seehim on the surface. Yes, And there's a platform for this, it's called Instagram.
Speaker 3: We've been rewarding people all week with all sorts of prizes. We've given away five hundred dollars. Guess voucher. Yeah, a Tiffany one thousand dollar Tiffany and Co voucher. Yep, we gave away a full day at a day spa. My gosh, we've been.
Speaker 1: Doing some nice stuff, really busy stuff. Let's go to the beautiful Donner in two Wells. Get a Donna. How are you?
Speaker 8: Oh good?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 3: We're so great, Donna. We need you to tell us how you fake fancy? Please?
Speaker 13: Or occasionally I'll hire a chiefer hotel room, like through you know, one of the sites like booking dot com. I'll go to town. I'll treat myself like a freaking grind person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what are we getting up to? Like we're talking of champagne.
Speaker 13: If you straw like some drinks, I'll go down to the restaurant. I'll get it sent to my charge to my room, but it's to my deposit, not actually to my room, you know.
Speaker 1: And you're just like, I don't care. I'm Jane Simmons and you just absolutely trash the hotel room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is absolutely categorically not trashing her hotel room.
Speaker 13: So it's it's like relaxing for.
Speaker 11: Me, Donna.
Speaker 3: I often fantasize sometimes when the kids are going cocoa bananas about just taking myself to a hotel room for the night and just getting all the sleep, having a nice little room service meal and.
Speaker 4: A glass of champagne.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I get it, Yeah, Donna, Yeah, thanks for our mates at Frederick Street Finess, we might give you a real fancy experience. So we're going to upgrade you from princess to queen for the night if that's okay? Yes please. So I'm just wondering and we'll just run this past you and see how you feel about it. You don't have to accept it, it's no big deal. But would you like a one night's stay with bed and breakfast at probably South Australia's fanciest hotel and that's Sequoia Luxury Lodged.
Speaker 5: Whereabouts?
Speaker 3: All right, it's at Mount Lofty. Let me give you an idea of what this place is like, Sir Paul McCartney just stayed there and it's it's value Donna at two and a half thousand dollars per night.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Donna.
Speaker 13: If you don't do that would be absolutely amazing, Donna.
Speaker 4: If you don't want to go, all of us said for you, if you like.
Speaker 3: Donna, I need you, I need you to google Sequoia Luxury Lodge please and just see what you're in for, because it a'ts your budget hotel.
Speaker 13: I'm shaking. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're very welcome, Donna. You absolutely deserve it because we can already tell that you are a beautiful, very devoted mother.
Speaker 4: So congratulations, Thank you, Donna.
Speaker 3: Can you do me a favor? Can you take a little video when you arrive there and you open the doors and you see the view from your room, the entirety of Adelaide from the gorgeous Adelaide Hills. It's an intimate, adult only luxury lodge and it's just nestled in the hills there. It's stunning.
Speaker 13: Sounds lovely.
Speaker 9: Yes, true, really yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm exhausted explaining to Donna what SEKOI is a touch of jealousy too, I present because I dream about going there.
Speaker 1: Thank you to everybody who has entered it for our competition. I feel like fancy competition. Look for Frederick Treet Finance as well in the fancy blue packets at your local drag supermarket. Be excellent anywhere with Frederick Street Finance voted to excellence and keep it up, keep on faking fancy.
Speaker 4: It's good fun, well done.
Speaker 3: Well done, Donna. It's like going, oh, you're going to Disneyland. Oh cool, where's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: You telling me that you built a time machine that's on this daisy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing to say. Yeah, it's just Friday, and hang off, what did you say Friday? Is it Friday?
Speaker 6: Let's talk you cool?
Speaker 1: All right? Good to get that off the chest, Jodes, what that lunch is a Sally frothing at the mouth after that? All right, calm down now the levels are back on neutral.
Speaker 4: So aggressive, just take.
Speaker 1: A little trip down memory lane for a Friday. Twentieth October nineteen seventy nine. John Krasinski was born in Boston, Massachusetts. Today's his forty fourth birthday.
Speaker 6: Yes, tradedes man?
Speaker 3: What And I didn't tell anyone because I'm not really sure how I feel about it.
Speaker 6: That is not redactet. While I'm not actually making up one will complaint.
Speaker 1: I just really think we should talk about it. Sensation on the office, isn't he just a darling? Very witty, very dry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, funny stuff. But I'm a UK version.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but David Brent.
Speaker 3: There is nothing that you can ever defeat David Brent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good conversation to have, isn't It's a good debate.
Speaker 4: I want to go to the UK version.
Speaker 3: I want to go back and watch it all again, do it all again?
Speaker 1: Very rewatchable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy three, Sydney Opera House was officially opened by Queen Elizabeth the ID. I congratulate the people of Sydney and indeed the Australia to its architecture and to cultural and community. How to get haunted?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those joints which is famously quite haunted. And if you're a ghost, why would you choose the Opera House? Very high ceilings?
Speaker 9: Joe?
Speaker 3: Have you ever been inside there?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I've never been inside your house?
Speaker 3: On the steps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who wants to go to city? Why would you want to go to Sydney anyway? I think what's going on there? Cop that? What was your name? Don Perrote? Bitter? Reverse bitter? Reverse sledging? Was that Dan Andrews? As Dan Andrews said, why would you want to go to our Adelaide anyway?
Speaker 3: All of them have had a crack at Adelaide.
Speaker 1: No, we're just the little Pig that was twenty seventeen holding production line and all Madelaide shut down, ending sixty nine years of Austrain made car manufacturing. That was a very, very sad would have been.
Speaker 3: A sad day for you, strong sponsor Holden of the Central District Football Club where you won at least two premierships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it, take two or three, it doesn't really matter. And one on October twenty in two thousand and two was Dilemma by Nelly and Kelly and everyone. Back in the day, I was thinking I make couple song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also why are you wearing a band aid on your eye?
Speaker 1: What you telling there.
Speaker 7: Is it must be infected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just won't heal. No, probably wasn't me. And he's read Abbey's Best Week. Let's be honest. Look, we're in this together.
Speaker 3: We are We're a team, and apparently we're not Joe Whoo