Speaker 1: Late welcome, lait pay.
Speaker 2: Good evening and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand coming up tonight. You think the housing crisis is bad, it's much worse than that. We'll show you a little later. Blocks of Sydney, blocks of land in Sydney. They're tiny blocks selling for one well over a million dollars. And here's the real amazing part of it. They're not vacant and wait until you see what's on them. Plus, when we look at the papers, a Muslim group favoring the Liberal Party at the election in order to get back at Labor for their gaza policy. And of course special tributes to our diggers as the newspapers mark the one hundred and ten year anniversary of Anzac David.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the federal election.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's still nine days away, but early voting has already started and the early results are quite remarkable. Exit polling conducted by the Daily Telegraph, who interviewed four thousand people Acrossteen regional seats as they left polling booths, found the government's primary vote has increased by four point six percent.
Speaker 2: Now that's remarkable when.
Speaker 3: You can see that typically it's conservatives who vote early. You'll see there the coalition's vote has increased by two point eight percent.
Speaker 2: But here's the really fascinating part.
Speaker 4: Have a look.
Speaker 3: They're at one nation. Their vote is just two point five percent. That's their primary vote, fifty percent down on what it was at.
Speaker 2: The last election.
Speaker 3: Now here's the bit I want to understand. Maybe Liz and Joe can help me. The latest News poll had one Nation polling at seven percent, and yet exit polling shows them at just two point five percent. That's a massive discrepancy. So listen, Joe, what's going on. How do you explain that.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you asked. I have come up with a new electoral phenomenon. It's copyrighted, so don't try to steal it. You heard it here first. Like we had the shy Trump voter in the US, I think we have this shy one nation voter in Australia. And there's a couple of interesting things about this pole. One is that, as you say, usually early polling in the old days used to favor conservatives, and that was because it was often older people who wanted to do it, and they tend to skew conservative. They don't want to be lining up in the in the heat and the sun all day at night, so they get out and do it. And so that is maybe even why you've seen a bit of a jump in the coalition's primary vote as well. But of course we're seeing a much much bigger jump in the labor vote. Now, you cannot take any of this hugely sit It's really interesting, but it's really really rough. So these are people who have already made up their minds. So by definition, they're so made up their minds they are not even interested in what the next week and a half happens. You know, someone could be shot dead in the main street, someone could turn out to be Zoro or Jack the Ripper, they wouldn't care, right, they're voting for the US, so they're rusted on, so that tends to favor the major parties. So you're seeing here massive dealer in the number of people who are voting for others. So tiny minor parties and Independence Green stay about the same because those voters are pretty rusted on as well. But like you say, the thing that really jumped out at me it was this tiny, little one nation vote. And I think another thing that's going on is that exit polls are the only polls now I don't think even.
Speaker 2: Roy Morgan does face to face anymore.
Speaker 4: They are the only polls where the polster actually asks you how you're going to vote, or indeed how you actually voted, face to face, so you are looking another human being in an eye. And I think that skews it massively, well massively towards more progressive parties, because I think people will sort of virtue signaling and they don't want to feel like they're just voting for the tax cut or whatever they can get in their pocket or whatever, or to keep the immigrants out or whatever, but especially with a party. And again this came up again and again and again, and it was controversial and it's been disputed, but it looks pretty obvious that it was there, this idea that people were telling polsters, oh, no, I'm not voting for Donald Trump, and then away they would go go. And I think people are doing it right there, because as you say, one nation was at five percent last time around, that's double what they've come up here. And since then we've seen a jump in newspoll. Just a week ago of another two percent, so seven percent. So I think there is a shy one Nation voter out there, and I think when it comes to the Independence and the other tiny parties, what you're seeing is people who are thinking, maybe I will actually ditch both of them and go to someone new. They're the sort of people you would think a politic, very sort of what you might call high informational people who are very engaged with the process. They're going to wait it out until polling day and that's when I'll put it down. So there you go.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Liz, you're buying that shy Yeah.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting though, that the society is such at the moment that you wouldn't just stare down barrel and tell the exit polar one nation all the way, baby, they're the ones who represent my views, if you are correct, Joe. That's what we're a sent saying. People are like, oh, much like the Trump shy Trump voters. They're just like, well, actually, I'm not going to say that that will get me publicly disparaged.
Speaker 2: But given I'm talking.
Speaker 1: To someone in person, I'm just going to tell a furfy. That's basically what we're saying here. But I think it's remarkable that one in twenty five Australians that basically means a million people have already voted within forty eight hours of early polling. I think that reflects the mood of the nation really. People just want to get this over and done with. As we said when the campaign was finally, oh it's officially happening, we felt like it had been going for months already.
Speaker 2: I think people just want to get to early polling.
Speaker 1: Goodness knows how many votes will be left to cast by the time we actually have polling day if we keep up this rate.
Speaker 4: So that is another really really good point, And I'm sorry, I just had my head in this like for weeks now, and now that's actually happening. So that the Australian Electrical Commission itself said we expect to have about a third of people vote early, which would be in itself a record. The Australian National University that actually we think it could be up to a half. Sources have spoken to in the labor parties say it will be more than a half. So by the time we actually get to polling day, more than half of Australian voters will have already voted before the public.
Speaker 3: Help understand the history here, because I think prior to twenty ten you have to provide a writtenism reason for voting early.
Speaker 4: Why was that kind of COVID. I've called it the sort of the civic equivalent of working from home. So clearly what has happened is people have realized that they don't actually have to line up on polling day, they can vote early, they can go away for the weekend, they don't need to be anywhere or whatever. And basically and then COVID of course happened, and so people were encouraged. Even though our election didn't quite coincide with lockdowns. Scott Morrison got elected just before it hit, and then Anthony Alberneze got elected just as the restrictions are being east. But there was still that idea, like with working from home, that if you can avoid crowds, it's probably that's.
Speaker 3: A convenience, right, But in terms of a healthy democracy, wouldn't it be better to prevent early polling so that people listen to both sides, listen to all they have to say, and then we vote as a country rather than in dribs and drabs.
Speaker 2: Over two weeks with not having heard the arguments.
Speaker 1: It means that the parties who are fully aware of when early voting happens need to roll out their policy sooner, especially things as huge as oh, an extra twenty one billion on national security on defense. I mean that could have been who knows, not quite a game changer, but it could have made a dent had they announced that two weeks prior. But it's been utterly it is fried my brain. How late both of the major parties have announced some of their most major policies that they're taking to the election, when in fact the election has already been.
Speaker 4: And also again just to go full nerd, just to get my geek on, it means that the amount of votes that Peter Dutton needs to win increases exponentially as it gets closer and closer to polling day. So, for example, if he's got people voting early when he's down forty eight fifty two, even if he has a miracle turnaround and he's ahead fifty two forty eight in the last week, that's not enough to get him over the line because he's got to scramble and get back all the votes that he's already lost or rather over compensate for all the votes he's already lost, and that is very hard to do. And we also have this thing we're doing at news Court where we're do this is called voter verdict, where we have a kind of tracking group of undecided voters. And these are actually undecided voters. And this week it was very very interesting. There was point one between them. So we get them to each rank, We get them to each rank the leader's performance over the past week out of ten and it was I won't say who won, but it was very low scores, like six to five point nine as a result. So it's very much a pox on both your houses. And so that tells me that these early results, which has would favor the two major parties, we're actually going to see a blowout to groups like One Nation, the TLS Independence.
Speaker 3: We want to move on, but I've just one more quick question on this topic. Yes, that might be of interest to people, the huge number of early votes. Does that mean a result will be known quicker on election now?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, because they no matter what happens. I call it it's like Schrodinger's cat, you know, the thought experiment where there's a cat in a box, but you can't see it, so you don't know if it's alive or dead. And so the cat is both alive and dead as far as anyone knows until you open the box, and it.
Speaker 2: Makes no difference.
Speaker 4: No, that's right. So you cannot start counting votes no matter what, until six pm on polling day, and so that's when it all comes out. The fact that there are so many prepoles means they'll probably be counted faster because they can all be gathered into the one spot and be ready to go as soon as you hit six o'clock. So it's good because you get an earlier result. But but no, you can't do anything, so there's no way to know how the result's going and then try to counter against it.
Speaker 1: That would be a massive spoiler, wouldn't it be? Like, Well, out of the millions of pre bol votes, this is how it's looking.
Speaker 2: But we'll get the rest and let you know after six pm.
Speaker 1: Well, with the one hundredth and tenth and zach Day ceremony is about to take place tomorrow. Police have massively stepped up security at war memorials throughout the country after an obscene what can you even call this there is nothing words cannot quantify how disgusting it is when we see a war memorial defaced in this country. And that's exactly what happened last week at a small town in Dorago. It was over one hundred years old. This monument you're looking at now, it was established by diggers themselves who had returned from war, was erected in nineteen twenty one, made of Italian marble, and some absolute idiots last week took it upon themselves to climb the statue and somehow chisel out of the hand of the soldier that you saw there the rifle that he was holding. One man and one woman have been arrested for this crime, and it's just obscene that we see that. In this case, it's not a bunch of kids. It's not a bunch of kids who we've seen in the past on social media with some rock and roll music in the background boasting.
Speaker 2: Of their exploits.
Speaker 1: These are clearly adults, from what we understand, have been arrested and charged for this. And this is in a town, like I say, where it was erected by the diggers, So they're families, many of them still living in the town have lived to see this utter disgraceful treatment of the ultimate sacrifice that their ancestors made.
Speaker 3: The other thing about tomorrow's memorial events is that police have said they've already got twenty four to seven security as you mentioned around war memorials. The right police will be on duty in Sydney tomorrow to guard our servicemen and women as they parade.
Speaker 2: It's just shocking to think.
Speaker 3: We've reached a point in our country where Ann's a Day is now so contentious that we've got to guard memorials in the lead up. We've got to have the right police on standby for people who are supposed to be honored and lauded for their sacrifice. They need to be protected from a small but dangerous minority who hate our country.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely staggering, and it's being fueled, it seems. I mean, we're already looking at an election that's really really ugly in parts because division and anger is being stoked over the Israel Palestine conflict. There is i'm told, a door knocking campaign in the Inner West which is basically draw knock for Palestine. So just go no not you know, and some eighty year old pension opens the door, where do you stand on Israel versus Palestine? Like what the just insane? Obviously the Muslim vote and Muslim votes matter movements are going after that as a single issue. In Southwest Sydney where the's a highline population. We know that there has been vandalism of Australian War memorial sites that the Greens failed to condemn. We know, I remember years ago, I believe there was some neo Nazi material, white spremaces material that was at the war memorial in Hyde Park. There was some weird French backpacker accidentally who vandalized the cenotaph in Martin Place when he was pissed, but I just had to mention because I think he was French. But point being, there is a very deliberate attempt it seems to stir up this kind of stuff. You can imagine the sort of people who love to deface and vandalize Captain Cook statues and stuff like that, and you just sort of wonder how far are we kind of kind of let all this stuff go before you say, you know what, maybe take your art's degree and go elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, whatever anger there is regarding Anzac Day, it's nothing compared to the anger in Victoria that still exists over former Premier Dan Andrews.
Speaker 2: Now you'll know that.
Speaker 3: This week it was revealed Dan andrews introduction of a curfew that lasted two months in Melbourne was not at all in response to health advice. It came from cabinet, which of course he led.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Dan Andrews has been out of politics for a while and just wants to enjoy his life playing golf, but increasingly he's finding there's no golf course in the state of Victoria that will have him, most recently the Portsa Golf Course. Sorry, originally he went to Portsy and wanted to play there. Steve Price, one of our Sky News colleagues, famously said he would tear up his own membership if Dan Andrews was admitted.
Speaker 2: Then Dan Andrews went to the National of them.
Speaker 4: Paired up on the course together, taking each other's scores down. Well.
Speaker 3: Then when he couldn't get a shot at Portsy, dan Andrews went to the National Golf Club. A letter was sent to the leaders of that golf club from all the members saying if you allow Dan Andrews to join, there will be a mass rebellion, so that never happened. Dan Andrews reportedly was at the driving range at Kingston Heath and members who were on the course at the time seeing him there just abandoned the course in protest. So he just hasn't been able to find anywhere to play, though I suspect there's probably some golf courses in China that would welcome him, but the moona Linx golf course in the Mornington Peninsula is the latest course to advise members that despite apparent attempts by Dan Andrews to join, they won't be allowing him to become a member there either. I suppose that Dan Andrews should be grateful that restaurants, gymnasiums, bars and shops don't follow suit in the state of Victoria. Personally, Liz, I don't like this. I think people should be allowed to get on with your life, whatever our differences. But the problem we've got, especially when it comes to something like COVID where.
Speaker 2: People's human rights were trashed.
Speaker 3: Is there's been no public reckoning. There's been no official accountability. We've been told there would be a royal commission, and of course there has not been and doesn't look like there ever will be, and so people are rightly furious and thinking, well, if the government won't hold each other accountable, well we'll do it ourselves on the golf course.
Speaker 1: Indeed, naturally people are taking matters into their own hand, and they've got every right to. We cannot underestimate how much these people suffered under this premiere. I still can't believe he got reelected after that, but it goes to show what kind of evoting catchment is hanging out at these golf clubs. He is now a carier in his own state. He's an outcast in his own state. He can't find a golf course in which to hit around a few balls, and I think that speaks volumes. It was just in the past week alone that we learned that his curfew to lock down five million Victorians over the course of twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, when almost one in ten Victorians were saying I have seriously considered taking my own life over the last thirty days. That was a survey that was published in peer review journals around the world. The research was so extensive. That was the survey that came out in September of twenty twenty in his state, and he kept going with these curfews, which we've just discovered weren't even the idea of the health experts. So not only was it not health advice, those guys came out and said, this wasn't even our idea. We didn't even conceive this. It was Dan Andrews and his cabinet who took it upon themselves to make sure that Victorians had to have a permit to leave their own house. Is so, I think whatever befalls this man in terms of being kicked out of clubs, et cetera and so on, he deserves every single bitter.
Speaker 3: Now, it was personal because he banned golf was too dangerous.
Speaker 2: The COVID would get you if you were teeming off on the at first.
Speaker 4: This is one of the differences. I've never swung a club in anger or otherwise for that matter. And this was one of I having to live next door to the royal and ancient Marrickville Public golf Course, and I've never sun was there, but I do walk past it every day and I just see all these weekend hackers, you know, come out in their board shorts and you know, smack the ball around a bit, and it's very much the sort of working class kind of club and sort of going out and going for my little jogs or whatever, walks or whatever. And seeing them people are able to do that and just have a bit of a laugh and a chat with a may actually made me. It actually cheered me up. It sounds weird, but it actually really cheered me out. In the middle of lockdown as well, I thought, all least someone's having a good time. And to me, that was the critical difference between the Victorian government response and say, the New south Well's government response, where the Victorians lets just locked down everything. I mean, let's not forget these are people who shut down playgrounds after they saw parents talking to each other while watching their kids play. I mean, this is a weird kind of psychotic response to a crisis. Like the lack of humanity there, the lack of sort of empathy or compatity just I find that impossible to comprehend. And so yes, you know it's hard to feel any sympathy, but I'm with you. I kind of think this is like it's like a sort of pylon now and it's a part. It's like a ha, and it doesn't actually fix the problem. It doesn't even shed light on the problem. But it's kind of like, no, but he does. It's almost like that he deserves so much more. What he deserves is to have everything that he did laid out in public. You know what we is he doing? What was his chuckling Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton doing when he was just nodding along beside him, like, you know, like what actually?
Speaker 1: But in the absence of that which we know, let's be real, we're never going to get it suffer. I think this is marvelous. People have taken it into their own hands that this is our golf club. We love this, This is where we come to commune together to be happy. Namely a golfer who doesn't absolutely love the sport. The last thing they want to see is the guy who's terrorized them.
Speaker 2: Four years punting around on their golf. I totally get. I'm like you, I get the sentiment. I just don't lie.
Speaker 4: It's kind of it's not quite an eye for an eye. The punishment doesn't quite fit the crime. It almost trivializes what happened, like if it was all the school kids who had disappeared out of the school system because of lockdowns. If it was them sort of doing a stax on in the playground, maybe that would be slightly more prom it.
Speaker 2: But do you know what parents instead, that's who it is.
Speaker 4: Well, no, it's not, because it's the parents who are the members of these golf clubs. They're not the really vulnerable families who have gone missing out of the state system. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm sure the vulnerable families are backing this move.
Speaker 4: Well, I think they're just they're just gone. This is the problem that's gone. But you know what Dan Andrews' Twitter profile is these days, it is just two words keen golfers, socialist where it hurts.
Speaker 1: Well, if you think the world couldn't get any crazier, crazier. The UK Parliament is about to try and dim the sun. Yes you heard that correctly, Experiments to dim the sun in bid to curb global warming. The headline of the Daily Mail reads. Now, I wouldn't have thought that UK, of all the places in the world, needed to dim the sun. They get just fifteen hundred and thirty hours of sunshine on average per year.
Speaker 4: That good research.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely insane. You guys spend most of the time under cloudy skies, So don't know why you're the ones who have taken to geoengineering the atmosphere in order to dim it. Can you imagine how infuriated Brits are by this?
Speaker 4: They love their sunny days.
Speaker 1: They literally take days off work, call in six to get a bit of vitamin D and get this, they're forking out fifty million pounds to make this happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, how are they going to do it? Great?
Speaker 1: Great question? We read in the Daily Mail. Outdoor trials could include injecting aerosoults into the atmosphere or brightening clouds to reflect sunshine back into space. That is, the government's Advanced Research and Invention Agency ARIA has set aside fifty million pounds for projects, which will be announced in the coming weeks.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Professor Mark Simes, who's the program director for ARIA, says, we have strong requirements around the length of time experiments can run for and the reversibility, and we won't be funding the release of any toxic substances to the environment. I'm sure that's very very reassuring, not to the Brits who are like, excuse me, what are you putting into our atmosphere to dim our sun. Now, many experts have come out in fact saying that this risks backfiring spectacularly and making the climate change much worse by triggering destructive weather patterns. They say it's a risky strategy that could wreak havoc on weather patterns, triggering droughts, triggering cyclones. Even they just saying, you can't mess with this without potential really bad.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's just that's just more alarmism from you. Climate alarmisliz any experts. It's experts now. I'm pretty in fact, I'm sure I've seen someone do this before. I'm sure someone actually did this and it was totally fine. I think we've got the I think we've got the footage of it. It was just a piece of cake. A look.
Speaker 3: Imagine being able to bring light and the warmth to the darkest parts of the world. Imagine being able to grow crops the year round, bringing an end to hunger.
Speaker 2: Imagine a second summer.
Speaker 4: In the sky. Yes, that was Professor Mark Simes from the Advanced Research and Invention. To be very clear, he was out to Kylie Minogue and Missy Higgins instead of getting involved in this sort of.
Speaker 3: The climate catastrophes to the UK are taking their cues from James Bond villains.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 3: My question is are these the same scientists who designed the COVID nineteen virus.
Speaker 2: That's what I want, hope not.
Speaker 1: I think the geo engineering ones are a difference.
Speaker 2: If you're high.
Speaker 3: But what's easier getting China to stop building coal fired power stations or.
Speaker 2: Blocking out the knocking out the sun?
Speaker 3: And it doesn't take own sense because at the same time the UK government are saying we are going to power our country using solar panels while blocking out the sun.
Speaker 2: Tell me how that makes any sense at all?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Do they really have solar panels in the UK?
Speaker 2: That's just sad, And.
Speaker 3: We told that you know, CO two are naturally occurring gas that in the atmosphere is bad, But we're going to pump aerosols into the atmosphere and that's fine, and that's going to be fine. Absolutely, none of this makes any sense at all possible.
Speaker 4: It's all just a sinister plot. It's got nothing to do with the environment or climate change at all, and it's all just to stop jawdy boys from taking their shirts off every time the temperature gets above nineteen degrees.
Speaker 3: The thing that really scares me is Professor Mark Steins has said, you know, we're going to spend fifty million pounds on this, and the computer modeling it works.
Speaker 2: We just need to try it in real life a model.
Speaker 4: Actly.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you another thing.
Speaker 3: I don't understand this and I need you to explain it to me, and that's the Trump meme coins that are now worth I think they're worth like two points something billion dollars Trump has made out of these things.
Speaker 2: Yes, explain it to an old man. Help me understand what is going on with these trum.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to try and explain blockchain technology or cryptocurrency to anyone because that would be the rest of the show and then some. But basically, just before the inauguration on January twenty, the Trump team announced their own Trump Meme coin. Now, this thing shot through the roof initially, but since the inauguration has lost seventy percent of its value since that peak in January. So the Trump scene says, Okay, we've got to get the value of our mean coin back up. They have a vested interest, given eighty percent of the token supply is owned by Trump's organization and affiliated entities read friends and family. So they go on their website and they say, the next twenty five top holders of Trump Meme coins are going to get dinner.
Speaker 2: With the president.
Speaker 1: You're going to get your own private tour of the facility.
Speaker 2: You're going to have a sit down.
Speaker 1: Intimate dinner with Donald Trump itself. Well, this thing shot up by fifty percent overnight, so they'd lost seventy percent. It's back up by fifty as people race to be among the twenty five top holders of Trump mean coins. Now, I know what you're thinking. Hang on a minute. Isn't this cryptocurrency stuff. It's essentially useless and the only value it has is the value we attribute to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, basically you're right.
Speaker 1: Crypto is there's no underlying product or service to crypto, right, But in this case, the value was a dinner with the man himself, and hey it you got to hand it to them.
Speaker 4: But isn't like, I know people say that about crypto and I'm not into bitcoin or whatever it is, But it isn't that just like everything like isn't every like I'm there all these things you can buy and sell on the share markets that aren't actually stopped in any companies. They're derivatives, their futures markets. You're doing a put. I don't know what they are. I've got actually no shares whatsoever. And even hard so called hard currency, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like if I pull out, has no real value.
Speaker 4: Well that's a hard currency. This has no This is a bank note. This started life as a promissory note that said, you know, look, sorry, we can't give you any real money because there's a war on I think it started. The Civil War was the one where it really started big. But we're going to give you this bit of paper that says we the US government owe you fifty dollars and you can take this to a bank whenever you need the money, and we'll give you actually fifty real dollars in return. And so none of this actual.
Speaker 3: Before you put that away, since you say it has no actual value, what I'm i to.
Speaker 4: Create it for you? I should get you a coffee at City Airport.
Speaker 1: Also, quickly, a correction to what I said before. Trump team didn't say the top twenty five. They said the top two hundred and twenty. So they were going gangbusters because of course twenty five people that's only a very small chair. But can you make it into the top two hundred and twenty, that's even smarter. Having recast my eye over the number that they actually promised dinner to.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Well. Trump is going gangbusters with his meme coin.
Speaker 3: The Democrats are struggling to find their identity, having been trounced at the last election. But Bernie Sanders and AOC and unlikely Peering, if ever there was one, they're touring the country denouncing the rich, standing up for the working class, and denouncing extreme wealth. The problem was, of course, that they're doing all of this flying in a private jet that they're chartering for twenty three eight.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: Nothing says standing up for the working class like flying around the country at twenty three thousand dollars an hour in a private jet. And of course they're both environmentalists.
Speaker 2: As well e HO warrior.
Speaker 3: They are warning Americans that if they're not careful, then they end up with an oligarchy. And it's one of those things Bernie Sanders has been saying for a while now. I think he believes if he says it enough times, eventually it will come true.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this.
Speaker 5: This great country of hours is moving very rapidly in the direction of Alakhaki. United States of America today is increasingly becoming an Oligochy, more and more moving toward in Aligocky. We are moving in the direction of alligchy. We will move even more rapidly in the direction of an Allergochic. This great country is evolving into an oligoutic society. It is called Aligocky, and that is the system we are rapidly moving toward. This is a budget that moves our country rapidly into the direction of Aligochi. The handful of billionaires are moving this entire planet toward an aligarchic society.
Speaker 3: So Bernie Sanders has been sounding that alarm for more than twenty years. Meanwhile, his partner in crime, AOC. She's just working on her accent.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump is a criminal who was found guilty of thirty four felony counts, a fraud, liable for sexual abuse. Of course, he's lying and abusing and manipulating the stock market too.
Speaker 2: As they fly around.
Speaker 3: As I said in their private jet, I reckon hypocrisy is the left's only renewable resource. Though I will give the pair this, at least they didn't fly two private jets to the same event, because if they did that, they wouldn't be democrats, Joe, they'd be labor politicians.
Speaker 4: Oh that's unfair, and how dare you burn? Yeah, it is amazing. It's like they've just like ioicao Is obviously just discovered the word oligarch and said, oh, that sounds good, we can have a revolution against that. It's like, oh, yeah, I got a you know, saying fight capitalism that was getting a bit tight. An oligarchy, of course, is a system of government which is run by you know, a number of extremely rich people who control the government and the political sphere. So in that case, they have an oligarchy of two that is currently controlling the democratic leficiation. And it's also like when she's saying all the things Donald Trump is a you know, is a sexual harasser, and everyone's like, yeay, why are they.
Speaker 2: Clapping that one?
Speaker 4: They truld to be clapping that. It's destroying a cop of Yeah, clapping the wrong bits. But what's Donald Trump killed her grandmother in her sleep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, as frightening as Donald Trump might be for some people, more frightening is the alternative is if the alternative is Bernie Sanders and his heir apparent, he jokes that AOC could be his daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh that's more friendly. People's worst imaginings about Donald.
Speaker 1: Trump, Well, I mean does he have any children? The similarities are remarkable, not physical, but in terms of ideology.
Speaker 4: They are to talk like you know, mister Steinbrenner Off Seinfeld, like Bertie Sanders, George, why can I get a Snickers bar Anymorerow tell you what?
Speaker 1: We actually don't know her accent anymore, much like Kamala Harris, she changes it everywhere she goes. Interesting article in the OS today regarding who is influencing our young men? We read the new study from the November Institute. I went to say November, No, it's The November Institute of Men's Health gathered responses from more than three thousand, sixteen to twenty five year old men in Australia, Britain and the US, finding sixty three percent regularly engage with at least one masculinity influencer online. In Australia the proportion was sixty eight percent. The concern, of course, is that this is heightening their negative attitudes toward women and affecting their health choices around taking steroids and testosterone injections, because a lot of these masculine influences are the guys in the gyms with their veins bulging, telling everyone at home get to the gym and.
Speaker 2: Be like me. I don't really have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: It's the women's stuff, obviously, that is far more of a concern. I think the more young men get to the gym and channel their energies in that direct.
Speaker 4: The steroids, but go to the gym, get the muscles, but just.
Speaker 2: The protein shapes, the protein shape.
Speaker 1: Although I've been told that's just an entry.
Speaker 4: Way steroids streak your testicles. Isn't that or even tell anything this is true.
Speaker 2: I thought this study was rubbish.
Speaker 3: They're really against masculine influencers, and they name three of them Andrew Tait, Jordan Peterson, and Joe Rogan, who I would have thought of the three most unlikely people. They're not like one is not like the other. A young man listening to Andrew Tait it is very different to a young man listening to Jordan.
Speaker 2: Peterson incredibly different.
Speaker 3: In addition, in terms of it's affecting their attitude towards women. Yeah, the survey found that these young people, these young men are starting to believe in more traditional masculine roles, by which they believe that men should be the providers in the family and maybe men should provide leadership in the home.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's something we shoul more of, this toxic masculinity.
Speaker 3: In terms of engaging in risky behavior, this was the number one example they gave.
Speaker 2: They're more likely to work out despite having an injury. We can't have.
Speaker 3: Young men engaging in risky behavior like pushing themselves physically.
Speaker 2: I mean, that would be a terrible thing, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm not That's the only reason I'm not working out right now. By the way, I'm just carrying a bit of an injury in the right leg.
Speaker 3: So ah, right, very quickly, before we go to a break, Liz, the German.
Speaker 2: Election is still not finalized. But the ADF not the ADF, the AAFD defense for the Australian.
Speaker 3: Evolve the Alternative for German Party. They did very well in the polls, but now there's a push to ban them before the election is decided.
Speaker 1: Because that's what you do in a healthy democracy.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: So the AfD, which are known as the far right ring party in Germany, are the most popular party in Germany for the first time ever in German history. Now we've talked about this before where it swings and roundabouts with culture, isn't it if you get people upset enough with all your left in nonsense and way too much immigration, that again is the key issue at this election. And I'll bet my bottom dollar that is the main reason why the AfD have seen these unprecedented popularity in Germany because they are the party that is.
Speaker 2: Saying we are going to come.
Speaker 1: Down hard on that particular issue, and that is what Germans want to see. So check out these numbers. It's it's a very small margin, but they are one percent two percent according to that although it does say twenty six twenty five. This is unprecedented in the history of Germany. They're two weeks out to deciding who their next chancellor is going to be. But this is going to be very interesting going forward because every other party, yes the party is trying to now ban them from parliament. Oh, they're the most popular, the most Germans want them. Let's get rid of them all together again, That's exactly what you do in a healthy democracy. These guys are obviously feeling very threatened by the AfD, and none of them would do a deal with them to form government, which is what you'd need to do in the German parliament. So it's going to be very interesting seeing whether chips fall and what ends up happening, because no one is going to make a coalition of parties with the AFF.
Speaker 3: I would have thought if you oppose your political opponents, trying to have them banned from the process altogether is a sure way to make them even more popular with the public.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including a Muslim group.
Speaker 3: Now advocating for people to vote or give their preferences to the Liberal Party as a way of getting back at Labor for their gaza policy.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in just a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow. As you can imagine, most of the papers paying tributes to our ANZACs will start with the Career Mail that has a lovely front page headed why we must never forget the editorial reads, when the lament of the bugle gives way across Australia today to the sacred silence that follows, all, our thoughts will turn to different places. For some it's the still raw heartbreak of fallen mates or family members. For many, it's wounds often invisible to the rest of us, that are still raw. Others just take a moment to reflect with gratitude of the many sacrifices made and the piece that was one. That's a lovely editorial in the Career Mail, and that special edition tomorrow features thoughts from prominent Australians in terms of how they regard an Zach David. Of course, Liz, it's not just the career male going with Anzac tributes tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Indeed, fittingly, the Daily Telegraph splash reads a line from the famous poem for the fallen age shall not weary them, and the Townsville Bully has a beautiful story stronger together a special Anzac Day edition, The Trauma Vietnam veteran Barry Smith carries out sorry carries of how he and his comrades were treated on their return home. Runs deep, but it's a drop in the ocean. Compared to the pride and love. His granddaughter Grace, pictured there on the front page with him, has felt marching alongside him for the last seventeen years, and to the Gold Coast Bulletin another heart warming story, Anzac Honor for World War II Lancaster bomber pilot who flew thirty three missions, hero's final run. The splash reads the story of Roland Reginald Cowen is as heroic as it is tragic. After thirty successful World War Two flying missions, he was due a break, but a bureaucratic policy change pushed it to thirty three and it became his last. We shall remember.
Speaker 4: Them, very very moving stuff going to the advertiser now the've elso, of course got a strap on the top of memory. Anzac day and the age shall not weary them line was used by the Daily Telegraph because Ernest weary Dunlops the great war hero. His granddaughter Diana has been given a new set of war medals to mark his exploits in the war. So a lovely movie thing, but a story of a different kind, a war of a different kind. The War on drugs is something I would like to talk about because we have on the front page of the Just this story is amazing, crocodile Spears, I panicked. David Spears admits deep fake lies now, just to reiterate, this is not the David Spears who hosted the second Leader's Debate on ABC Television after a stellar career at Sky News. This was David Spears, the former South Australian opposition leader at the Liberal Party. But front page story says it was a day of shame for disgraced ex Liberal leader David Spears, who emerged from court a convicted criminal drug supplier and finally admitted he had lied in panic when he said a video the Advertiser obtained of him snorting powder was a deep fake. Well, there goes all our excuses, doesn't it? Like I was going to say absolutely everything that was slightly embarrassing that I ever did it was a deep fake. It's AI whatever, whatever, Adobe photoshop.
Speaker 1: AI isn't old enough, whatever, I've docted all those videos of you, Joe.
Speaker 4: I'm generation X. I don't know what's the AI or.
Speaker 3: It was always going to be a big story. Obviously, he made it even bigger.
Speaker 4: By saying that's right. By that gets you not the crime.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the front page of the Northern Territory News. Really sad story on the front page there. He was just doing his job, reads the headline, and adored man's life stolen, a family shattered, a community united in grief. The article reads, the grieving and broken wife of beloved Nightcliff grocery store owner Linford Feek was shared the heartbreak and pain of losing a beautiful man, a true gentleman and my soulmate. His wife is not alone in her hurt, with an outpouring of community grief, warmth and support after the tragic death of her husband allegedly stabbed trying to evict an alleged shoplifter. That's the front page of the Northern Territory. If we go to the Australian in the wake of that alleged stabbing, they've got a story there detailing how the Northern Territory Chief Minister will recall Parliament next week to press for what she has described as the toughest bail laws that this nation has ever seen. So that's on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian. Another story on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian which is particularly interesting in light of the upcoming federal poll. Muslim group favoring Liberals to punish labor. There's a headline I didn't think I would be reading. The article reads a pro Palestine political movement aiming to elect Greens and independence has dramatically intervened to help the Liberal Party in GoF Whitlam's old seat of Werua in a strategic move to flex its electoral muscle to the ALP and punish Labor in a handful of marginal electorates. Now, Joe, this is quite funny because the Labor Party are now accusing the Muslim voting Organization of abandoning their principles.
Speaker 2: For the Liberal Party.
Speaker 3: The Muslim organization is saying their intention is to punish anybody who is in government and hasn't yeah back to the according for the fair wishes.
Speaker 4: The thing is that their intention and what their actual strategy is seems to me pretty bonkers because it is actually hurting a party that is more sympathetic to their cause and helping to elect a party that is less sympathetic to their cause, but doing it all just so they can make a stand and flex their muscle and show them whose boss. That seems to me like the very definition of kind of just shouting into the wind or waving your fists at a cloud. So this is not the Muslim vote movement that is going after Tony Burke in his seat of Watson, and they were in talks with the Liberal Party. I think the party, the Liberal Party is now run a million miles after a certain incredibly handsome Daily Telegraph toour and I wrote a story about it, But that was going to do the same thing, although in this case it would have been Liberal preferences that would have helped get the Muslim vote candidate elected above Tony Burke. That threat seems to have subsided. But now this is Muslim votes matter to be confused with the Muslim vote, just like the People's the Palestinian People's Front is not to be confused to the People's Front Palestine. A bit of a life of Brian there for it. And so this time they are going to preference the Libs in where which is held on a much lower margin.
Speaker 2: It's only five bid lavage and I think yeah.
Speaker 4: About that now. I think it was seventy cent that got revised up with the registribution and Stanley I think as the member, the Libs are going after it, and these guys want to help get them there.
Speaker 3: This is twelve percent of that electric are Muslim, so it's a significant voting block.
Speaker 4: It's a significant voting block. But if you're compare it to say Watson or Blacksland, which is what which is Burke and Clair seats, you're talking about twenty five almost thirty percent in some cases, so it's not as much. And again it relies upon this terribly condescending and insulting idea that Muslims will vote a certain way all the same way just because they're Muslim, which I'm pretty sure they will not do.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, just how bad is the housing crisis.
Speaker 2: It's a lot worse than you thought.
Speaker 3: Will show you blocks of land in Sydney being sold for huge amounts of money and they're not exactly vacant either.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Well, we all know the housing crisis is bad, but it's much worse than any of us thought. Let me show you some blocks of land that are being sold in Sydney. Some of these tiny blocks are being sold for upwards of one point four million dollars.
Speaker 2: And here's the catch.
Speaker 3: These blocks of land are not vacant, they've got active electrical substations on them. But people are still trying to snap up that photograph. There is a block of land in Mossman. It's currently listed at four hundred and seventy five thousand dollars and they reckon it will sell for well above that, despite as I said, the active electrical substation. The blocks of land are being sold by Osgrid. There's huge interest, despite the low hum that emanates from the substation. But people reckon snap up one of those little blocks. Maybe get an architect, the designer home around the substations.
Speaker 4: How people are a feature with the coy pond and in Sydney, I can tell you there's a lot of buzz about that property.
Speaker 3: Apparently no danger from emissions, just the low hum that would help rock you to sleep it.
Speaker 4: What can possibly go right?
Speaker 1: Two of them have already sold, one for one point eight million and one for one point four three million. So I mean it's it's Mossman. So if you're a Sydney cider, you know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Imagine being the architectough that's got a designer home around the substation, but still to have access to the substation for the sparky.
Speaker 1: So maybe it'll just be like three stories tall.
Speaker 4: If two hundred and fifty volts running through your veins every hour of the day night, is it enough to get your pulse racing? Check out this one. A massive brown snake has been found slithering across Look at that? Look at that?
Speaker 2: Would you get or if your ball landed anywhere? Neither you retrieve your.
Speaker 4: Books like a water hazard.
Speaker 2: That's like a bowl instrector alight.
Speaker 4: It's huge. Has been caught a massive Eastern brown snake slithering along a golf course on the New South Wales central coast. The huge reptile was film making its way along the Magenta Shores golf course in broad daylight. Like I say, in broad daylight, how brazen? How dare it show it's face around it? Slithering snakes across golf courses. That's the side of thing you expect to see at night.
Speaker 1: The golf course that Dan Andrews would be really at a moment, you guys can be happy about that.
Speaker 2: Mad about him being evicted from the other My problem with that.
Speaker 3: If that's the snake's on the fairway, imagine what the snakes are like in the long grass, which is why my ball always ends up So I'm not playing golf on that course.
Speaker 2: That's all we've got time for tonight.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend stick around Coming up in just a moment is the Reader Peddy Show.