Speaker 1: Here's a song to get you into your podcast. I won't a kiss you alloave to the neck closes.
Speaker 2: I mate, I don't know that song.
Speaker 1: You don't know that sout? Oh we'll look it up. It's a really good shame. Anyway, we had a lot of fun tap We launched our handball blitz. It's been going for a couple of days now. We just checked in with our correspondent, the wonderful, the absolute sprightly Gussie from Worridor.
Speaker 3: Well, this was after my children failed to adequately explain how handball works, so we had.
Speaker 2: To move on to an expert.
Speaker 1: You had to bring in the big guns. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also spoke hoarders. Oh my god, there's a hoarder in Adelaide who currently is being raided as we speak. Ten skippins out the front and I have encountered an absolute meathead animal at the gym discuss please, Okay was it this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh it's a deep bird.
Speaker 1: It's a deep bird. Let's get into it now. If you've already been to the gym, well done, you're really really nailing it, and don't worry about what anybody else says. Just go for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get out oh, burn so deep A oh, I could barely lift my right arm because I did so many I don't know for heod in accounting, I did over one thousand.
Speaker 1: Over a thousand wraps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's kind of good to knock it off early in the morning the gym.
Speaker 1: Don't you reckon absolutely straining like Ron Burgundy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I take my hat off to anyone who can exercise after work.
Speaker 1: It's extraordinary to me, really hard. Yeah, past the time about I reckon three or four pm? So abby? When you get up at three o'clock in the morning, how difficult is it for you to try and get to the gym.
Speaker 5: I go at four point thirty every well, not every but four days a week. I've got four thirty and it's fine for me because I've done this no caffeine thing for twenty one days and I feel great. So I'm going to the gym. I'm not yawning, I'm not tired like I'm ready to go, which is ridiculous. But yeah, I find it quite easy.
Speaker 1: And grunting and carrying on.
Speaker 5: See, this is the thing I lifted, not to too my own horn, but I did lifted one hundred kilos on Saturday night and I didn't grunt at.
Speaker 2: All, so thank you. How many kilos?
Speaker 5: I'm doing this dial in, which is like a challenge at the gym, and my goal was one hundred kilos by the end of it, but I bloody did it at the test in, So I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Have to hire.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Now I work with two people who brag about fitness. But anyway, there should be any grunting.
Speaker 5: I used to go to a gym here back when I lived here, and a guy used to get on the treadmill and flap his arms like this, and I'm like, what are you a bird about to take off? Mate?
Speaker 2: Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: He's trying to take off? Little did he realized he's a peacock and they're a flightless bird.
Speaker 3: I it's funny you mentioned grunting because I have a bloke at my gym for the better part of a decade. Ever since I've been going to the gym at the same time as him, likes to grunt. And the other day I just thought, you know what, I've had enough of you. I've had enough of you peacocking in the gym like you want we want to know how much you're lifting and how strong you are. So I just took a little bit of audio of him at work.
Speaker 1: Okay, his goal for it.
Speaker 5: If that's him in the gym, what's him in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, oh my god, jeez, welcome to hemorrhoid City.
Speaker 3: Yes, And at the risk of sounding filthy here, it sounds like he's actually engaging in the act of a session.
Speaker 2: That's what it sounds like to me when he's doing it. But the worst thing is at the start of it, he'll go, He'll give it a bit of.
Speaker 3: Like Leyton Hewitt, come on like your g himself up, and at the end, if he hasn't achieved what he wanted to achieve, he'll let a big f bomb go as well, Yeah, or a.
Speaker 2: Big So if you're going.
Speaker 3: Through your day today and you're thinking, you know, am I winning today or am I losing today?
Speaker 2: As long as you're not doing this in the gym, you're winning.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, do you know it? As well? I'm surprised that you can even hear him when you're on the treadmill just pumping out. This guy's still gruntings who d Spaces are important. Spaces are very important words.
Speaker 3: Is also really important as well. Just bear that in mind. We've got a bit of a breaking news story this morning. It's all over Channel seven Sunrise. There is a guy at Humfield Heights whose house is being raided because he's a hoarder. And I'm assuming it's a heat but let's go to Hayden Nielsen from Channel seven, who will know better than me what the hell is going.
Speaker 2: On down there.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Jodi, Good morning. Yes, it's it's he. It's a guy and a girl. And this has been going on for a year and a half, or more than a year and a half. The residence in Huntfield Heights have just had it with these two people. They've been bringing more and more jumps, has been council interventions, has been Kippin's put outside their house. They've literally done everything they can, but it just grows and grows. And yesterday they took action. The police moved in, the council moved in. Basically they filled up I think about ten's Gibbins get today with everything you can imagine. There was Christmas decorations, massage chair went in, fridges, plasma, TVs, clothing. I can't even start to tell you where it started and where it ended. But I can only imagine what they're going to on earth today because they're still going there's going to be probably animals living in there. There just could be anything in there. It's real mystery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plenty of raccoons in there.
Speaker 2: Maybe hatos.
Speaker 3: Just describe the mood of the neighbors. I was reading in an article that neighbor Ray Lovell told Channel seven it's a shit tip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's spot on. Jodie another blow were spoke to describe it as a menagerie of junk. It is a buffet of everything you can imagine. It is just it is unbelievable. There's tons and tons of rubbish in there, and you know it is an obsession for horts to go out and collect this stuff. And there was a bit of a personal attachment to some items, believe it or not, and they were resisting the efforts to try and move it all out. They had one point tip petrol on the items and you could tell that that meant that they were quite defensive about what's in there. But I think they are having a good look at it and going, yeah, something needs to be done. The residents say something needs to be on in the surrounding neighbors. So yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: I can imagine.
Speaker 3: Neighbor Ray Lovell was standing about going do it.
Speaker 1: Before we let you go as well, just to give a bit of an insight behind saying Hatos and I got the same gym. Yep, and Hados is on this bit of this big fitness journey. How many kilos you have you lost in how many weeks? Because you look magnificent, it must be said.
Speaker 6: A look, yeah, probably about sixty weeks, ten kilos. It's it has been great for me. It's been about ten kilos loss. It has taken a bit of time to get over that hurdle. But look, yeah, take took one look at the Adonis like physeque if yourself Hazy had just said I have to I have to go for it.
Speaker 1: Enough. I don't want to get one half.
Speaker 2: Hados.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your time this morning, good luck before we let you go.
Speaker 2: Is there a bit of a stench?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yee, okay, so what do you mean you're not wearing yoga? Yes, yes, free spirit. Indeed, Hey Matt, we're going to keep on watching sunrise this morning, so on. Thanks for your tom Thank you, thirteen twenty four ten hoarding.
Speaker 2: Discuss Are you a hoarder?
Speaker 3: Because we would love to hear from you this morning, because I guess the most common question is why?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why?
Speaker 3: What's with the obsessive compulse? What's with the compulsion to collect a heap of stuff? Is this something that you've got in your home that you can't throw out? Is this something that you want you keep and that you keep going out and seeking to find?
Speaker 2: I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like between you and I were probably hoarders as well. Just ten skip bins worth of excuses why I didn't play IFL and you didn't play.
Speaker 2: For Underburso do you want to hear from you?
Speaker 3: So there is a house in hunt Field Heights that has been raided by Ona Piringer, council officers and police. They enter the home on Monday morning just to clear it out. There's been like ten skipins full of stuff. There's been an ongoing feud for a little while.
Speaker 1: It's an absolute cess pitch. We want to get you involved. Thirteen twenty four to ten Are you a hoarder? Do you live next to a hoarder? Any sort of hoarding stories? Because this quite literally stinks.
Speaker 2: We just want a bit of a y, like why do people do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: See, I'm not about to say that my mother is a hoarder. Oh but she so I'm into this now I can't get out.
Speaker 2: You've committed.
Speaker 1: She would probably find harder to get rid of stuff, right, for example, and particularly stuff that I've done schooling, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So every time mom and dad come, because they're in a country, New South Wales, every time they drive down, Yeah, a couple of boxes in the back. Yeah, here's some stuff that you did, and here's this, and here's god knows what. Here's some of your toenail clippings from back in nineteen ninety seven, which I didn't want to throw it, so you deal with them.
Speaker 3: My mother in law kept my husband's circumcision ring.
Speaker 1: No, I was thinking that, but you said.
Speaker 2: It because you started it.
Speaker 1: So hang on it. The dry little bit of skin.
Speaker 2: No no, no, the ring around it? What the ring around it that they used to.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not what happens, isn't it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, he's not a he's not a lamb, he's not a sheep.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it was okay, okay, and.
Speaker 1: Then you're like, oh, why do you give me so much stick about growing up in Tasmania. This is why they do thinks so much differently down there. They put a ring on him to circumcise what happened. This is so rageous. I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, we're veering off in an unbelievable direction, but we can't just let this go by. All right, he shocked. She's walked out, and I'm not sure that she's going to come back.
Speaker 3: Obviously misread this situation greatly, which sums up my whole experience without it with that region.
Speaker 1: I think we're all just in a little bit of shocky.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do this on anymore. I want you to explain it to me off.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately for you, it now turns into an intervention.
Speaker 2: How did we go from hoarding this.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You just took us back to so we're just trying to share some stories and I went back to country New South Wales and you went back to the old days of Tasmania, and all of a sudden Tasmanian gem piece came in.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it. You're so wholesome I'm not. I understand.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Kursty remote and talk some more hoarding.
Speaker 7: Please, Hi Kirsty, good morning guys. So I can't get the vision out of my head.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 7: No, my dad is definitely it was definitely a hoarder. He was a sparky and he actually even used to keep the lights, which is that he took out of people's house to a place, but he actually used to on sell them. I must've trash and treasure so he was also tight. But no, he he used to grapple the stuff on the side of the road, you know people throw them out, Yes, so hard rubbish go by in his kingswood, chuck it in the back or on the top of the rack or whatever and put it in his shed. He's passed away recently and we had three skips to get rid of all the crap in his shed. And it amazed me, honestly, the stuff that was in there. You wouldn't dream on. Like we're talking weird stuff. It was in like not weird as in you know rings, but so weird as in weird as in like you know, just I don't know, just random things like it's almost like anything shiny he thought he'd put in the shed.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I'm sorry I did that to you. I'm sorry I've done that to everyone. Okay, Mel from Panorama?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mel, Hi, morning morning. Are you a hoarder?
Speaker 8: No, I'm actually calling just to say, hazy that Jode's actually right.
Speaker 9: Do you use a ring?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah, my both my boys, that's how they did it.
Speaker 2: Who I demand an apology.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm sorry, Okay, Mel. I'm sorry to everyone who's been offended when they've been circumcised by a ring. But without going in too much Corey data, how does this? How does this happen?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know how they do it initially because you're not in the room when they.
Speaker 9: Do it, but I definitely know that there's a.
Speaker 8: Ring after and you have to watch it sort of fall off as it you'll thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, each and every thank you, Mel, each and every one of you that ripped the p I double five out of me for the last five minutes. Apologize, Hi, Sharon, and I want my apology.
Speaker 1: It's a time for a winter treat. Jump on morn I.
Speaker 2: It's a place to go for quick Ossie getaways.
Speaker 1: To me, it's just getting in the car and just going for a cruise.
Speaker 2: And exploring for accommodation, flights and more.
Speaker 1: Book on the what if that? What if it's Ozzie for travel. Oh jeez, I can't wait for this handball huge. Of course we know schools across Adelaide. We've kicked off Adelaide's biggest handball competition. Kids all over Adelaide get the chance to be involved and become the absolute champion of the world. When I say world, we'll start with South Australia. But this is a nice little stepping stone for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, and if you think your child has what it takes to be the handball champion of South Australia, get involved at the Nova Player make sure you jump on get a spot in the tournament right now.
Speaker 1: Big thanks as well to our good mates at McGain, Mike and Zoe down their absolute legends again real estate massive supporters of local making difference all over Essay selling your home. Trust McGain and trust the kids because I know what they're talking about when it comes to handball.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they do.
Speaker 3: I sat down with my kids last night and I said, guys, I need due to explained handball to me, how it works at recess, how it works at lunchtime? What have you been up to? And what are the rules? And what unfolded? Was an epically confusing conversation. Would you like to hear it?
Speaker 10: Okay, there's four boxes, Mark, King, Queen, Jack, and Dungeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the king is basically the king? Yeah, King of the last King is here. Hey, they can't see what that doesn't make sense?
Speaker 10: No, so if Dungeon gets King out a family, No, Dungeon moves to.
Speaker 2: Jack, Jack moves to Queen.
Speaker 10: King is out, and Quinn moves to King.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: Now for Jack get the king out? So like, so, how are you ever supposed to explain how?
Speaker 2: Where's a handball?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 2: How do something?
Speaker 1: You just said it and no one understood it. Oh my gosh, So wait, who's Jack?
Speaker 2: So everyone got it?
Speaker 1: Where is Mud?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Apparently all different schools have different formats and different rules. So we're going to make this easy, make it universal. It's too square handball.
Speaker 1: Okay, too square, too square handball.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about the kings and the Jackson the what was the other one?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know something about Jack Harlowe, something about David King. I can't even remember.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 1: It's all very.
Speaker 2: Confusing anyway, Is that clear for everyone?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: Absolutely worried about Hazy? Does he know what a square is?
Speaker 1: You? It'shi to be square. It's fine. Can we get some kids involved? Yeah? Can you do a better job of explaining that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Better than the yawny children anyone could?
Speaker 1: Which was a beautiful mess.
Speaker 2: Oh, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Fourteen?
Speaker 2: You missed what I didn't record. There was the storm out summer. At one point I was like, you don't know what you're talking about. You won't let me talking out? She went, And I thought I'd save.
Speaker 1: The tantrum for off it the anarchy thirteen twenty four ten. Kids out there, potential champions, explain handball to us, please?
Speaker 3: Two square handball, two square handbas all we need to know?
Speaker 2: All right, isn't that right?
Speaker 3: Epzow we as we look.
Speaker 1: Give it the next champion in our handball. Let's give us a call. Thirteen twenty four ten. Explain it to two people who aren't very intelligent in this space.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not fair.
Speaker 1: Okay, just the one. I'll own it. It's just me. So we heard from your kids before and that was just a good old fashioned mess.
Speaker 2: It wasn't It was a hot mess.
Speaker 3: They were trying to explain the rules of handball and I just walked away scratching my little box, going I didn't understand any of that, and neither do The good people have had alot.
Speaker 1: So he thought, you know what, who we should channel And we haven't made this an official position yet, but the Handball clip Plitz official correspondent and that is Angus from Worldale. Goodbye to you, Gussie. Hi, how are you? Great man? Good stuff? Hey mate? You're looking forward to this handball Blitz competition, aren't you? You're looking forward to being the next champion of the Earth.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, because okay, So how does it work?
Speaker 3: Can you explain as simple as you can how handball works in the playground?
Speaker 10: So it's this game where it's where you get this four four square four little squares, and it's called King Jack, Queen and Dunge and dungeon is where I mean you have on mine and people that want to play hoping the line for you, and Dunge is where you start. Jack is where you move up from Dungeon and then Jack is where you move up from queen and then queen. When you get into king, that's when you can serve put other players. That's when you can change the rules stuff.
Speaker 1: Well explained, young King.
Speaker 2: And one more, one more question for you, Gus. What's a liner?
Speaker 10: A liner? It's where so you know the squares right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's when it bounces online and it bounces out and nobody touched it. That means it's to redo.
Speaker 1: Oh well done, Hey Gussy before we let you go, can you give us a big let's go? Does that the rules a bit more for you?
Speaker 3: But that was the way Gussie did that, then was the way my children.
Speaker 1: It was very straightforward, very good stuff. You can download as well an official rule book that is on the win page. But of course we need registrations now an overplayer. That's where you go.
Speaker 11: Weeping story towns, huge, very sad story.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 3: Paris Hilton is mourning the loss of her dog. She wrote on Instagram today, my heart breaks as I say goodbye to my precious Chihuahua.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can say this word. It's Harukah b c h. That's the name of the dog.
Speaker 1: Haruka bitch. That's how she would say it. I assume can we say that? Will you just too late to done? Now?
Speaker 3: For an incredible twenty three years, she filled my life with so much love, loyalty and unforgettable moments. She lived a long, beautiful and iconic life surrounded by love until her final peaceful slumber.
Speaker 1: Did you say she was twenty three?
Speaker 2: The dog?
Speaker 1: The dog was twenty three. That's a hell of an inox?
Speaker 2: Is that? What's that? And dog is?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: That's very very old. I feel like the last a year or two maybe of that dog's life, it was very very old. Little dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, nice, but.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I've asked producers ooe to do the mass on that one. How old that dog?
Speaker 1: Yes? And she goes very old?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: So okay, ok, good, thanks you. He also gives us an excuse to play this. Yes, oh that's the fourth version. Let's not do that. There's so many people that hear the song. You're like, damn it, I like this song. I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: I hate myself for it. But it's bloody catchy.
Speaker 1: It's really quite catchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay.
Speaker 3: Richmond Damien Hardwick is reported to have called time on his tenure as the coach of the club.
Speaker 2: He is expected to coach his final game against Port Adelaide on Sunday at.
Speaker 1: The mcg huge.
Speaker 2: He's the longest serving coach in Richmond's history.
Speaker 1: Do you realize that two hundred and ninety one games, Yeah, unbelievable and three premierships of.
Speaker 3: Course, so I don't know about that because it was his three hundred and seventh game.
Speaker 2: Really is about that sixteen.
Speaker 1: Short Let me just have a few words with Sunrise because I one hundred read that off the bracket. Tigers fans across the country so flat behind the nevermind will Boden Boden wing.
Speaker 3: Now we're from top Land the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yea time.
Speaker 1: It's a sad time, sad time for Richmond supporters because you look at some of their big, old, experienced players. Jack Breewolt, maybe he's got a year left. Trek Contrad definitely doesn't have a year left. What's going to happen with the Dusty as you play on next year?
Speaker 3: But Hardrick still had a year and a half in his contract, so he gets paid out. I've always thought that would be the upside of being a coach because at some point you're going to get sacked that they have to pay out your contract so you can he can sit on his coit for a year and a half and do nothing and get paid for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, that sounds all right.
Speaker 2: That's good, isn't it. That might happen to you when you get sacked around here.
Speaker 1: I'll take a payer. Parents defend charging daughter rent to live at home two weeks after she finished at school. We want you to get involved in this thirteen twenty four ten as a parent, if you've got older siblings that are still living with you, or are you charging them rent? This is outrageous, as set of parents have divided opinion after meting they charged their daughter rent to live at home two weeks weeks after she graduated from school. The couple's names Erica and Kurdie. They gained nearly a million followers on social media platform TikTok, giving fans an insight into their life on a ranch, and one of those insights is their decision to charge Kylie, their daughter, two hundred dollars a month in rent.
Speaker 2: Was that fifty bucks a week?
Speaker 1: It's not too bad.
Speaker 3: It's what I tried to squeeze out of my daughter. I guess how much of that I saw?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not much. But you do have a So how much do you charge Harper to live with you?
Speaker 2: She's three.
Speaker 3: That you're charging halfer, So okay, so that's that's eighteen presumably finished year. Twelve two weeks isn't a lot of time to go out and get a job unless they made her go and get a job like we did when she was like fifteen sixteen. Okay, So to be fair, my daughter was always working, like when she was going through high school and that sort of stuff. But getting money out of that kid was like blood from a stone.
Speaker 1: Because she's trying to save up for a new house and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and her philosophy was, I would rather pay you fifty bucks a week than do any houseworks and do any washing, than do any babysitting of my sisters. She would rather just hand over some cash. And that was the agreement. Was like, okay, then let's roll that way. You can pay us. And yet, but that's on me because I never put my foot down and said come on, man.
Speaker 1: Saying on. So she she did or she didn't pay, didn't pay. She was supposed to. Did okay? So then how did that finish up? Did the landlord go right? I cough up some cash, we'll get out. Oh well she's in Sitney now, so oh wow, South Wales.
Speaker 2: I didn't vanish her.
Speaker 1: That was her probably listening to right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's look, it's it's a tough one.
Speaker 3: I've always found it really hard to just put my foot down and go come on like I just I don't know. I think I'm too soft on that front, and so maybe I should have taken a leaf out of these people's books and been on it earlier.
Speaker 1: It's hard to police, though, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to do it to your own kid.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's very difficult to make them when you know they don't have a lot of money, give you some.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was overly necessary when Greg forcibly removed her from the house. That was.
Speaker 2: Thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 3: Please get involved in this conversation. Do you have like an older child living at home and do you charge them rent?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I went away to school at the age of twelve. This is in New South Wales, and I so effectively I hadn't lived with mom and Dad since year six. I would have comfortably wanted to live with mom and Dad up until the age of about thirty. I reckon, really absolutely, look like, why just because of everything like cooking, cleaning, yet not for not for any other purposes don't suit me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, of course, but I would have chipped in, I don't think your.
Speaker 3: Mother should be responsible for cooking and cleaning and doing your washing until you're thirty.
Speaker 1: No, look, there's that way. Yeah, there's the way that you're doing right now, which makes me out to be an absolute pig. But I'm just saying the youngsters who are like, well, I need my space and I need to do my own thing, and I didn't have privacy, I didn't need privacy. I'd be happy to live with Muff and Dad for as long as they'd let me live there.
Speaker 3: Really absolutely, And how would you have felt if they had a said, hand over two hundred bucks a month.
Speaker 1: I reckon I would have done it because I would have been working at the time as well. It's hundred bucks a month, it's very very doable. Yeah, fifty bucks a week.
Speaker 3: It's certainly cheaper than being out in your own, isn't it, and paying whatever in rent?
Speaker 1: Yeah a week absolutely.
Speaker 2: The twenty four ten that's a fair thing, you reckon.
Speaker 1: Take you calls neck right now in thirteen twenty four to ten, we're just talking at parenting and just where you sit in terms of your siblings living with your post the age of eighteen, d you charge and rent? Do you let them freeloa? Are they living with you until they're sixty? Which is weird and awkward?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's judging a few.
Speaker 1: You've got a six year old son still living with you.
Speaker 2: There's been an article will come out.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about the fact that one couple have charged their child who's eighteen, who finished school after two weeks, two hundred bucks a month.
Speaker 1: It's fifty bucks a week though, it seems quite reasonable if they're working.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. We'd love to hear from your Kim from Blake for you. Good morning?
Speaker 1: Are you there, Kim?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome, you're on the radio. Are you paying red?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: How old are you Kim? And how long have you been living with the folks for I'm.
Speaker 9: Twenty three and I've been paying foray.
Speaker 1: Can we ask how much?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've pay one hundred dollars a fortnight one.
Speaker 1: Hundred bucks of four and yeah, so fifty dollars a week.
Speaker 3: And how do you feel about that kim budget for real life?
Speaker 2: Well, so you think it's a good thing that it prepares you for adulting?
Speaker 10: Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 1: So I would have taken the opportunity. I would have loved to have known as a youngster sniffer. Mum and dad just kicked me out. Now, so go attack the world at the age of twelve, son go get it.
Speaker 3: Can you please explain that you went to boarding school, maybe you weren't underprivileged.
Speaker 1: They're not listening. They still think I'm an n Where is he.
Speaker 2: From Paradise? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 9: How are you good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 2: Where do you sit with this one?
Speaker 9: I have two that do you pay for my class as board?
Speaker 1: At mine?
Speaker 9: They pay eighty bucks a month.
Speaker 2: Ago months, so that's like, that's eighty bucks a week. That's decent. And Sony's on.
Speaker 9: The provisor that they say the percentage of their wage for their future.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, god's such good parenting. I'm feeling so less than it.
Speaker 1: So there's a beautiful hidden message that will help them develop long term as adults.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, so, yes, we get up a budget fan with both of them, and they have two younger siblings still to follow.
Speaker 2: So okay, yep, and Sonya, what do you do with the money?
Speaker 9: It goes back into the food and the household. Good, great, and everything around the home. So yeah, they know that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Sonny, clearly you r on a tight chip. And that is very admirable because it's a bit late for Joats and her.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're going to pay me rent or not, I don't.
Speaker 9: Know yet, and they do not miss out, so kind of like, yeah, guys, this is how it works. We have four kids to do, so you've got to all contribute and help her own home. And yeah, they all pull their weight. So that's great.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Let's go to Emma from Maslin Beach. Good morning, Emma, good morning.
Speaker 1: Are good?
Speaker 2: Are you charging or not charging?
Speaker 8: I'm not charging. My nineteen year old daughter works twenty nine hours a week. She finished school last year, and my agreement with her was she had to save a portion of her pay instead of paying me rent. So she learned how to say for our house or say for when she moves out, so she actually puts the side between two and four hundred dollars a week.
Speaker 2: And price can you put on teaching responsibility?
Speaker 1: Andrew, Yes, it's a great point. Ever, so have you made an agreement what she's allowed to spend it on or do you expect I don't know, within a year or two a little first deposit or something.
Speaker 8: No, that is her savings money. And she is an ambitious young lady. So she wants to, say four hundred a week, and she wants to get to twenty five thousand. So she comes to pasit on the house.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, not the kind of nineteen year old that's coming home with like a carton of glava Cruise's.
Speaker 1: Mum, I've done it. I've just bought a jet skime.
Speaker 8: I do expect her to go out and have fun because she needs to be rewarded for working. She actually is in the middle of getting her license, and she travels to ours on public transport every day to go to her retail job. And she travels home doing that, and she hasn't missed the day of work.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, good.
Speaker 1: Good parents out there feeling about your parent.
Speaker 8: You telling me you've got your time machine.
Speaker 1: On this day, Tuesday. Time to inject some knowledge into that brain. That you smashed it on the weekend, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 1: Goodness, rains aren't supposed to be exposed to that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Bit of repair work needs to be done.
Speaker 1: I've got the Tuesday Blues all that sort of stuff. Do you know what? What about for this on this day? Let's make it purely music themed?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well you're guiding this ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hong Kong? All right, Well, well let's see what happens here. That's the wrong sound effect? What classy? Twenty third of May. Let's go back to two thousand, Eminem releases his third studio album, The Marshall made this LP the fastest ever selling studio album. At this stage of his career, he was still kind of speaking a little bit nasily when he rapped. Yeah, before he started speaking a little differently. If you don't believe me, look at his older stuff compared to his earlier stuff. Yeah, he's real sort of nasily thing going on. I think you're right, really cool, don't get me wrong, Like if you've sort of.
Speaker 2: Held your nose and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Twenty twenty, powder Finger reform for a one off Last stream Chowdy performance One Night Lonely twenty twenty. It was their first concert over a decade. Ninety thousand fans watched on YouTube. It gives us a good excuse to play this seriously, you've burned it, Fanning. Yeah, crafted from God.
Speaker 3: I think back in the days when you tried to pick up chicks by being a muso.
Speaker 2: Is that one of the songs that you covered.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, it was Sunset's.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other one as well was when he went solo. Remember we went solely. Yeah. I just done to wish wish you well.
Speaker 2: Wish you well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But no one can sing like him as well as Range is just ridiculous. Nineteen ninety eight. It's what about this? Steve Lacy born in Compton, California. Today's twenty fifth birthday. It's another one of those characters like, wow, he's only twenty five. It's achieved so much. When I was twenty five, I was still trying to find myself. Found myself too, don't wry about that. Twenty twenty one On the Weekend was nominated for sixteen awards, winning ten the Billboard Music Awards in twenty twenty one, and the bill Ford Music Award goes to Killig and he's quite a talented character.
Speaker 3: He's just he's dropped the e in the weekend, So now he's just w e k ND.
Speaker 1: You think he's always been old. It seems to we are spelling mistake on that run. There's no way at the end of weekend, isn't he judging?
Speaker 3: His name's not sorry written like he's dropped the e ink?
Speaker 1: How did you not become a host of video hits spoken?
Speaker 3: So he's not just the wickned no good stuff.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: One song on May twenty three and twenty fourteen All of Me by John Legend. This beautifully shows off just how unbelievable his range is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how much he loves his wife Chrissy teaking Yes.
Speaker 1: And there's a part where he goes give it all hearts on the or you can get it except John Legend certainly couldn't. God apologies, What would I do without? Yes one A big show coming up tomorrow. What the Fork returns Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So if you're not initiated with what the Fork, this is basically those everyday things in life where you go what the fork is that? And it was born out of the fact that no workplace in South Australia ever has ever had enough forks.
Speaker 1: Which is so true. I can't believe the phones were glitching. Yesse, we got for this thing. There's a fork shortage in every single workplace and not just South Australia, possibly the planet.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we realized in this workplace that Abby was responsible for forks.
Speaker 1: There's a queen of thieves when it comes to foks and that is Abby from the newsroom. That is correct. It goes, goes home and just lies in a giant pile of four foks. It sounds like a fork angel. Ten K Day continues tomorrow and also we could be sending you to the next big thing in Adelaide. Big announcement tomorrow, Another one, another one, isn't we We're chocolock full of surprises, all right, enjoy the rest of the day. Let's just leave you with this. Start your day right, friends, Adelaides, Dy and Hazy