Speaker 1: We've got Zach Butters who's been good enough to join us in the rooms. Zach, thanks so much for coming on. I know it's a tough one to swallow after that result. Yeah, it just got away from you pretty badly today, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disappointing result for such a big day for the footy club. And yeah, I'm feeling for our members because yeah, we've got to shop better than that, and shop better than that, and yeah and all aspects of the games and got the better of us and we've got some work to do.
Speaker 3: Zach Warren Tredrey, full credit to you for being a leader who rocks up after a disappointing performance like that. We kicked the first couple of goals, then they get on a run and I think kicked seven in a row.
Speaker 4: Oh we're not quite seven a round. It's a second quarter.
Speaker 3: What What were you guys trying to do to stem the flow because it just looked like they had all the energized and bunny energy and we just looked lethargic and just couldn't get near them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been trying to put some things in plan and process around that and stemming momentum them and Obviously today shows that we need to hone in on that and then keep trying to get better of that, because at the moment it hasn't just been today, but frequently throughout the year we've we've come closer within teams that we got within a goal with him in that second quarter, and then we let them kick five or six on the trot and that really does build frustration and sort of trying to find ways to win the game instead of just trying to go back to the basics and trying to send the momentum.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, no doubt we've got some work to do when that happens.
Speaker 3: Is it the case as a leader? Just and I know it's hard, but you know many years ago when I was out there was across it was denying space. Did we try and do that sort of stuff? Because whilst we did, we weren't able to stop it. So what are the learnings you can get from that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Most definitely it's tightening up a bit and putting a few things in place. It get you a bit more shape around the stoppage defensively and behind the ball bit defensively as well. And yeah, we've definitely need to get better because obviously the things were put in place aren't quite working or we aren't quite getting it done. As teammates are there always role players, So yeah, we'll keep trying to go to work on that.
Speaker 3: Zach today was what's.
Speaker 5: I think it's the biggest the score we've had against us for twelve years or something. So it's like that hasn't We've lost games, but we haven't lost it like that. It just seemed to me they got all those basics that you're talking about. They could do that time and time again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a good footy team.
Speaker 2: They're playing some goodie foot in the moon, and yeah, they did give us an upper cut in that every day and showed.
Speaker 4: Us that if you're not quite on in all of their areas.
Speaker 2: I thought we went strong enough around the ball to you maintain the ball and stayed in the screenble and they were cleaner and able to take it forward and get sohage meters And that really hurts because you want to get the game in your terms.
Speaker 4: You want to get the ball forward, you want to lock it in.
Speaker 2: So when you're not quite strong enough around that initial contest and fumble and sort of don't take the ball cleanly and drive out of there with strength and can hurt you.
Speaker 4: And yeah, we see that today.
Speaker 3: Zack a positive on a really tough day, Logan Evans.
Speaker 4: She certainly looked like he was capable at the level, didn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got some he's got some talent loan and you keep China keeps rocking up. And I guess that's why we drafted him and probably game a chance so early. And yeah, I'm looking forward to watching him play hopefully a number of more games for the footy flub. And yeah, I thought he had some good things today that I supported.
Speaker 4: Should look forward to.
Speaker 1: Don a pretty clean bill of health, I think to Zach, So, I guess that's one positive. You've got to dust yourselves off now. Saint Kilda away next week. So I guess it goes without saying. You just need a massive response now from everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely. And mate, I'm hurt and I'm the most passionate person ever, So I'll be able and I'll be getting better and hopefully dragging few with me.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what we love about your Zach. And thanks so much for fronting up. I know it's not an easy interview to do so well done. You gave it a real crack today. I know it was a horrible result for the side, but thanks so much for coming on.
Speaker 4: She just always appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Zach Butters And look, he's a vice captain, he's a leader. We know that. You know, he didn't have his best game, but he at least you know, fronted up. He kept winning the football and he comes on the show.
Speaker 3: He wasn't super clean, but he got it thirty five times.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: And you know what apearances game high No, sorry, the only one in front with locking your ten and Macnonie had eight as well, but you go, yep. Probably the area he can improve is just some of the choices or when the ball one hand at times, little things that the intent't have a crack is there, you know what I mean. That's you pack the effort and the packed the ability to compete, which he does do and at times there's some stuff where he's still maturing as a player and picking moments.
Speaker 4: But if we had he's a competitor, he's right.
Speaker 3: If everyone not that, you you know, I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: He gives a ship, yeah, he generally does.
Speaker 3: Right now, there's a lot of things who ring out sorry, voice is about to go, who are questioning whether some players do and that is understandable too when you put a performance like
Speaker 1: That well said treaders.