Speaker 1: We got get you every morning, every day day. Adelaides thirteen and twenty four ten. Who's got a tattoo? Maybe it's a little bit trashy that they somewhat regret. Yeah, hand in my hand. So I've got two.
Speaker 2: I got one when I had my first child, and it's a tea on my ankle, looks a little bit like a jay. So there's that one, which I at the time seemed perfect because you know, only child. Now I have four children. So where am I going to put the little rest of the little letters? I can't really do it round the back of my ankle.
Speaker 1: Can I that many kids? You're running out of space in your body? No, exactly.
Speaker 2: So I mean not that I regret it, but I just I feel like it's incomplete, yes, if that makes sense. But then I'm in no hurry to get to a tattoo parlor and get more ink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely so. I don't know. So you've partially had this removed? No, not that one. Oh okay, so the tattoos you got, there's.
Speaker 2: Another one and it's on my backside. Oh boy, So it's on the left cheek and I got it with.
Speaker 1: Your little on both cheeks. We got that one's set up, and when I was about twenty two, I was with a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: We would stop it and we're on Harley Street and we might have had a few fizzing lemonades and we went, lead's.
Speaker 1: Going get We're such good friends, We're going to be friends forever. Let's go get marching tattoos. We barely speak now, So it's a little daisy.
Speaker 2: I got it half removed at a laser place, but made the mistake of booking a massage that same day as well. So anyone who's ever had a laser removal, it's hot. It is so hot, and it's like little needles jubbing in and and then I went and laid on a heated bed. So I was eying there going like just tears streaming down my face, like this is the my my is on fire, literally on fire right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a good fire either, not a really good, you know, hot fire like burning. But actually you know what I mean there, So that sounds like an absolutely horrible, very regretful tattoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd like to I'm toying with getting it like completely. Surely they've advanced things now where they can get rid of it.
Speaker 1: And it's not as painful. Yeah you've said, I think it's still very much hurts, but absolutely worth it. Yeah, producers, awe, you're both just staring at me. A few tas. What have you got? I've got quite a few. You're only in your twenties.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've got seven tattoos. But yeah, but I only I don't regret. I do regret one of them.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make me tell you.
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, alright. What do you think you're gonna go on?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: I saw you looking. I was like, god, damn.
Speaker 3: So when I was a few years ago, I was a little bit heartbroken and one of my girlfriends was doing home tattoos and so I let her do one on me.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I've got a little candy love heart just on my hip that says not you.
Speaker 1: I've got the same that says a big boy. That was a little trashy.
Speaker 2: Mum.
Speaker 1: Wasn't super practical that one? Can you show me that? Absolutely? Well, it's not good.
Speaker 5: Of course you've got trashy. There's one that I look at, but I do laugh at it. So everyone was getting yolo written on their feet at one point and were on their foot in my friend group and I was.
Speaker 6: Like, you guys are the biggest losers are?
Speaker 5: And then I had a few fizzy lemonades and walked down Himley Street and woke up the next day with my hit or not my hip at the side of my leg itching going what is going on? Rolled over and the boyfriend went, you do remember last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: And then realized that I got yolo written. It's still there, still there, so that makes me giggle. But I did get one on the back of my neck, which my mother called me a name that I can't repeat on radio. Was just going through one of those bit like tough times and like, ah, I stuffed the world. And so I toddled down to Tinley Street again and got something on the back of my neck, which I sort of regret now being an adult and older.
Speaker 1: What is it? Is it a It's just a little quote. What is a quote? I'm not so embarrassed that I can't say because it just can't have me worse. You don't bed that's along.
Speaker 6: Those lines, it's along those lines.
Speaker 5: I was like this angry, sort of twenty something year old that was just gone through a bit of a tough time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, I'm torn now because you're looking at me like let it go, let it go, but.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: We'll come back to this, we'll circle back, we'll do some some poking and prodding.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, thirteen twenty four ten regretful tattoos. Still you haven'ty and just on this, I will say the trashy are the better? Oh gotcha? Expose yourself? Come like producers are he type? Yeah? Girls, n we are talking really really regretful tattoos. On thirdey and twenty four ten trashy tats. She was shocked to learn.
Speaker 2: Shocked Andrew Hayes it's three of the fourteen members have trashy tats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not shocked at all, to be honest.
Speaker 2: So thirteen twenty fourteen your trashy tats. We are taking your calls this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, let's go to Adam. Get Adam. How are you mate?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 4: A guys?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Mates? Is it tattoo? Is it your tattoo or somebody else's.
Speaker 4: No, it's my tattoo, mate, and it's the stinker.
Speaker 1: Whatever we got.
Speaker 4: So when I was about twenty five, I got my then girlfriend's name as well. Like the whole right hand side, ribs has got a big like glass heart with wings that stake through it in a quote with her name, I'm now not with her anymore and have been with my current partner of eight years. We're engaged and she refuses to marry me. Next year's look at and covered up really well. And let me tell you a lot. I'm not like I used to be. I can't take the paint of tatoo.
Speaker 6: So it's going to be a tough one.
Speaker 1: So what you think in tatoo removal or try and redo another tattoo over the top, redo.
Speaker 4: It another tattoo over the top. But it's going to be like my whole whole side of my body pretty much to cover it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And that's why she makes you wear a T shirt when you guys are having special times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get special tides.
Speaker 2: Thank thank you so much. Let's go to Chloe. Hey, Chloe, Hey, guys, go on hit us.
Speaker 8: I got a couple I can't say on air, but the ones I can. I have an extra's initials on my finger, but then on my arm quite visible. I have borne in hell.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're such a rebel. What's the backstory to that? Look?
Speaker 8: I'm born on Halloween. I'm a bit of a devil if you ask my parents. So when I was about nineteen, I decided, Uh, that's the I've got quite a few tattoos. I thought, that'll be a funny little gap filler in a space that I don't know where to put anything else.
Speaker 1: That'll be That'll be a cute little gap filler. Child of Satan, you know. So it's a process that's still there. Is it going to get removed or what a look?
Speaker 8: Probably not, just because it's kind of funny and it starts a few conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good on you.
Speaker 2: No regrets, No, no, wasn't that a boveveer stickither a lot of people?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was no fear. Wasn't it no fear issue your brand?
Speaker 9: Ye?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we have a lot of people got that tattooed on their bodies. Yeah, no regrets there at all. I want to take one more on this American tattoos. Yeah, go on. Then Hello, Hello, this is Nova. Who's this or is this an anonymous?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: In my early twenties was a bit of a trashy stage, and I decided it would be a great idea to get want to ride on my dust above my pubic so with an arrow.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what was the feedback that you would get from other people that you were mixing and mingling with.
Speaker 10: Well, there was quite a few rods.
Speaker 1: Have you taken, like the Royal Adelaide show. Is the tattoo still there?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes it is. Have you thought about getting it removed or.
Speaker 10: Well it's yeah, it's in the works, but it's expensive and painful.
Speaker 1: You know what, run with it. Now you've come as far standing. I didn't expect that, did you. You just get got the feeling that it was going to be something good when the person preferred to be known as anonymous. Yeah, they're always good ones, aren't they. Stuff Now, that's a job. That was a joke. That's a job, A terrible joke. No terrible jokes here apps loot a gray gags led feiously and courageously by news reader, have a good morning, as good morning, come up some pretty good film last week. So you are I.
Speaker 5: Feel like I'm getting getting really ramping into the year, you know, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit nervous because you have come into the studio and you've said this one will get me fired.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think the boss is going to be very happy with me. That's right, But it's funny. So whatever.
Speaker 1: He went to taller swift. He's not here yet. You want to but you want to tread on the edge, don't, don't you? Well, sort of tiptoe on the edge. You want to push the.
Speaker 2: Old envelope, as they say, Yeah, where are you pushing it?
Speaker 6: You pushing uphill?
Speaker 1: Push it right uphill, labs? Do you want to kick things off? Beautiful? All right? So two men are waiting to order at a restaurant and the waitress comes to the table and the first man places his order. He said, good evening, I'd like a quickie please. Shocked, she said, excuse me, I'm going to step away for a few minutes, and I expect an actual order when I return. And she left, and the second man leant over to his friend and said, sweety, it's pronounced kesh.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, well I might as well go next.
Speaker 1: It's is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: I maintained they are delicious and if you ever tried one one day, then you would know.
Speaker 1: That to be true. Okay, I've plagiarized my joke. This week. Well, I borrowed it.
Speaker 2: I'll give it back, but I've borrowed it from the great cricket commentator karaoke.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're ready for this.
Speaker 2: So a cricketer, in this case, Kerrie was forced to take a drug test after the day's play. So the urine test has come in and Nurse Lorraine was in the room and then she left and Skull started singing to himself. I can see freely now Loreene has gone.
Speaker 6: I did say that.
Speaker 1: Imagine Gary right at the end. Beautiful, all right, you're nervous, hardly shaking.
Speaker 6: What's the difference between an enzyme and a hormone?
Speaker 1: What's the difference between an enzyme and I don't want to say.
Speaker 6: You can't hear an enzyme.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. What's going on. We'll be taking our news from Melbourne for the rest of the way. Calm, calm those nerves. Shows. You look magnificent one awesome afresh.
Speaker 2: Thank you, big shout out to TikTok. And if anyone knows TikTok, it's jokester. And when I third person myself like that, you know, I don't know what I'm talking.
Speaker 1: To you actually on TikTok, Are you really no? God? No, but I got.
Speaker 2: I have cottoned onto this new trend and it's called the Sleepy Girl mocked mocktail, and it is a thing. So basically, it's an alcohol free cocktail packed full of goodness that's supposed to help you sleep.
Speaker 1: And it's very popular.
Speaker 2: And I know this because I spent my day yesterday visiting four supermarkets and one health food shop looking for the key ingredient that is pure organic tart cherry juice.
Speaker 1: Of course, that sounds very very Where would you find.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm so glad you asked if you saw a psycho woman on her knees in al four the foodland Norwood, with her hands in prayer to the cherry juice gods.
Speaker 1: That was me yesterday, because I finally found that little sucker good to the cherry juice god's answer, they did.
Speaker 2: So basically, you take that because it's got melatonin in it, which is obviously good for sleep. You mix it with some magnesium powder, which is also good for sleep and muscle health, and you top it up with like a probiotic soda so which is basically just soda water with some lime flavoring in it. So I made it last night for Man Colleen, my mum, and it was dericious. It was like a cocktail because you put the magnesium in it and this is up and makes it frothy, so it's almost I guess it's a bit apparol spritzy. And I know I'm a breakfast radio presenter, so my sleep patterns are all out because I go to sleep mainly when it's light and we wake up in the dark, so that's it's not normal. But I tell you what, I knotted off like a little baby. Yeah, very nice, and I went nine eyes really quickly. But I woke up when Seid the dog was sort of dry, reaching that's another story.
Speaker 1: Then there was a side effect though. So if if.
Speaker 2: You take every thought you've ever had in your life and you amalgamated it into one giant brain dream fart.
Speaker 1: That's what happened last night. Oh okash just sort of everything.
Speaker 2: And this happened to me before when I've had natural sleep tablets. So I was at war on a ship with the political reporter from.
Speaker 1: Channel ten, Allen Murrale. I was playing golf.
Speaker 2: My sister in law had stolen my kids I was pressing all the buttons on this show because you said you had to perform at the Red Room.
Speaker 1: I think I actually did say.
Speaker 2: That, So it was that was the only sort of sort of asleep, but really weirdly having all these sleepy thoughts.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you want to try it? Yeah, right, yes, yes please.
Speaker 2: I brought it in tonight so you can try it tonight. If you're like, sure, there's not acid in there, well, is there nothing you used to help you sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I used to. I'll still do so. We we originally got a shusher for Henry when he was one of what it's called a little susher, and you're on different settings. It's like a heartbeat setting, static setting. We will turn it onto the ocean setting and just leave it there, and now we use it. I needed to go to sleep. Yeah, it's so good, isn't I use some it's rain as well, But listen how soothing this is. And then you're like, oh, berdie doing in the middle of the.
Speaker 2: Ocean, could miss me produces Oh if you've got something that helps you sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much anymore.
Speaker 3: But when we first started this gig together, to try and fall asleep when it's still light outside I do, I'm ask on and brown noise in the backgrounds.
Speaker 1: You're on the count to say three eighty.
Speaker 3: I think I am you know, which is interesting because I'm really scared of flying, but brown noise comforts me and also.
Speaker 1: A disaster. But this is good, I promise it.
Speaker 11: Just listen, yeah, listen, you ready, You're ready, curity.
Speaker 1: I mean in the newsroom, you got something.
Speaker 5: Well, Because I'm normal, I just put a fan on and I take magnesium too.
Speaker 6: But to be honest, it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't really help. But I'm just I'm such an overthinker. I overthink everything so I can get into bed and my brain's.
Speaker 3: Lap genuine genuinely brown noise. It does something to your brain. It just switches you off a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's nice.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when i'm really I'm just will learn I want to go to sleep. I'll just listen to our old stories that Jodie used to tell about her social network and then bang out like a light. Oh you're on fire. This you are is loving this so on fire. I haven't even told you about our game on Tuesday night. I don't want to fall asleep while standing up because I might knock myself out. On the bed.
Speaker 2: If you take one of these sleepy mocktails tonight, then I'll give you a buzz around about eight forty five and I'll start telling you about Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Night's game, and you'll go. It could be worse. I could be listening to you.
Speaker 2: The fact that you never made the afl.
Speaker 1: My tears put you to sleep.
Speaker 2: It's the sound of hazy sobbing again, lated, jeez.
Speaker 1: I'm thirteen twenty four ten that what do you use to get to sleep? Have you got a nice little hack? We'd love to hear from you, all right, just soak this up, not if you're driving, Jude. You always looked fantastic first thing in the morning. But that's just something about you today. Yeah, okay, something that's just just a little bit extra.
Speaker 2: Well, TikTok told me that I needed to try the sleepy Girl mocktail, so I did last night.
Speaker 1: You always listened to TikTok too, lived your life. Oh don't know what? Just scroll for hours? No, I don't.
Speaker 2: So. Basically what it is, it's cherry tart juice which has got melotonin in it, which is good for sleep, magnesium powder, a bit of soda water with a touch of lime and if you want to be super fancy, it just dropped like a little bit of dehydrated fruit in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think if our news reader Abby was cherry juice, she'd be this this particular juice. Are you saying she's a tart? Are you that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: Wow? I expected better from you.
Speaker 5: Oh well yes, I am a tart, so yeah, I would be the cherry juice.
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing, lowering your expectations. That's on you, mate. So we're talking about the things on thirteen twenty four ten that sends you to sleep. I want you to record an audio book for me of you just talking about how good your calves are and that makes me nod off, and also complaining about your hair fitting at the front.
Speaker 1: Is that getting a bit boring you reckon, because you're like, finally he's joined the party. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also you've been good looking your whole life, so I don't care that now it's starting to catch up.
Speaker 1: With Oh that's nice, it's nice that you say. That'd be say when it's too late, bad luck? Butterckup, Nicole. What puts you to sleep?
Speaker 12: What was me to sleep? Is I have two young babies who both have a monitor each and they both have their sleep sounds on. Yeah, and I need both of those monitors on louds so I can hear their sleep machines through the monitor.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like secondhand what are we talking? What sort of noise?
Speaker 12: Well, it's white noise, so it's like the yeah, so yeah, I need to hear that through their monitor.
Speaker 1: Secondhand white noise. What's the different hand white noise? Nicole? Do you know the difference between white noise and producers? Though he was talking about brown noise. No, I don't know. Here is the difference. So he's white noise and he's brown noise. Oh yeah, okay, and here's white noise and brown noise.
Speaker 12: That's kind of what secondhand white noises like. It's kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've got diluted white noise that's been get.
Speaker 1: Into brown noise and if we if we mix them together, we get.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much, Nicole. It's going to MICHAELA. What's putting here to sleep there? Michayla.
Speaker 7: So every night I have to be a fan on and I listen to the booklyn Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's back up in the middle of the night, go to.
Speaker 7: The toilett, come back, it's on again.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a beautiful routine you've got there, Michayla. Do you like Do you like?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Do it because it's boring and it puts you to sleep? Or you like the show and it's just really.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, I can lay there with my eyes shut, yeah, and like I know what's playing.
Speaker 1: It's almost like your body would get into this routine where it's like, okay, so Brooklyn's playing, so I know now it's time to get ready to go to sleep. It's like it's like when older people listen to the ABC. All nice. Yeah, they put that on.
Speaker 2: My mum does that. I'm not bagging the ABC. It's like nice and soothing for it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad my grandparents before that did it too. Exactly right, What a nice little routine they've got. Jode, you may not have noticed this, but I have come in this morning extremely streamlined.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's right around the clippers over me from toe to neck. Wow. Yeah, I'm starting to call me Harry McClary from Donaldson's Dare where they Yeah, I just wasn't taking it. That's embarrassing for you. Isn't It's nice, isn't it. I'm quite prickly, so what comes with, of course, being this beautiful and streamlined slippers? All right? Either a razor or clippers? And for me, I'm a clip guy. That's what I do. I've got some clippers, I've got some roomington I think I've had them for about ten fifteen years. So I started the journey yesterday from bottom to the top, and then put the clippers back on the kitchen bench just to sort of charge, and sort of went away and went about my streamline day after that. Okay, fast forward about three hours later. Clippers are still there, and the kids are sort of stuffing around, and then I reckon, I don't know. I was just sort of hanging out in the bedroom. I think I was playing with Lottie and cars in the corner of the room. And then we hear this and I looked over and would you believe it, my five year old son. All I saw, and my quick sort of spurt of vision after hearing the clippers was this big chunk of hair hit the floor. Oh my god, to which I've gone, And then ran in there to see that the big fellow had given himself a really special haircut. So why don't you have gods? Can you describe what you're seeing in Henry's new haircut?
Speaker 2: No, he's taken well, he's got a first leagry lush's head of hair, unlike his father, not anymore. And then he's taken a massive chunk right out the side. Wowe it's I don't know, it looks like a mohawk gone wrong.
Speaker 1: So we're doing this nice and early as well, because I sort of promised everyone in my family that we wouldn't talk about this, okay, because our instant reaction was to sort of laugh a little bit as well. Yeah, so look, we're just taking a day by day. He's got a massive comb over at school this morning. It's just really nice. You just sort of wonderfu a haircut like that is going to catch on at school. Probably not. Oh yeah, that's some that's horrific. Yes, what's probably more horrific is where the clippers had actually been two hours before. We're not going to tell Henry or my wife that Eddie dives ago.
Speaker 2: I was also pleased that that buzzing sound in the corner of the room was the clippers.
Speaker 1: Really, it is so time for ah, let's go girl ytg ytg. Yeah, the girl is.
Speaker 6: Not f Yeah the SWEETI what are we call.
Speaker 1: Sp okay?
Speaker 2: So, the uninitiated, if you're joining us for the first time in twenty twenty four, welcome, Thank you so much. This is where we talk about all the things that the girls talk about that we probably shouldn't talk about it on air, but we do. We talk about it off air in the office, and then Andrew joins in and we're like, oh, make get.
Speaker 1: Out tick chut. I'm using my listening though, like I'm there, but I'm not there. Do you know what I mean? Yeah? Yeah, I'm present real well what you mean? And when both eyes looking in different directions and there's dribble coming out of my mouth, Yeah, that's where I'm going to land, far far away of what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, Producers, Owe joins us produces Owe in your twenties in a beautiful relationship with the gorgeous Alex.
Speaker 1: Who we're all Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're all abs from the newsroom, happily single, who knows well this week?
Speaker 6: This week changes from week to week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are we seeing anyone?
Speaker 5: I don't have anything to say comments the fish. I will not be answering questions at this time.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm outside of court for Channel ten right now.
Speaker 6: What have you got to come?
Speaker 2: Okay, this week's chip Chat. Hi, Jody, Abby and Zoe. My best friend and her fiance. This is an email by the way.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 6: It's snow mail. They wrote in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my best friend and her fiance have just called off their engagement after six months. They got engaged on a whim and the reality of it all is sunk in.
Speaker 1: They were together for a year.
Speaker 2: He got her a super and as ring we reckon it costume around seven K.
Speaker 1: Now they've split. Does she have a right to keep it or does she have to give it back?
Speaker 2: We think she should keep it. It was a gift after all, but she feels bad. We don't want her to give it back as an excuse to get back in contact with him.
Speaker 1: Does she do?
Speaker 2: That's from Sally from Plimpton, who well we okay, Well, so my first thought on this is, I guess an engagement ring is a promise, like it's a gift. As a promise, we're going to get married, we're going to be together. So if that promise is broken, then I think maybe perhaps give it back.
Speaker 1: It depends who breaks the promise too, doesn't it true? So if the partner who gave the ring it was the other person who did it, then you've probably to give back, especially if you've called it off late. You've received the ring and it's on you for calling it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you should give back, But I also feel like you're missing the very definition of chick chat.
Speaker 1: It just chicks chatting anyway, ladies, so very interesting one.
Speaker 3: I think at its nature it is a gift, right, So if you make that decision to put your heart on the line and propose and give the person a ring, you've given them the ring. I think she's completely entitled to keep it, even though that might be a moral stretch, but I think she has every right to keep it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I've got a story for you.
Speaker 5: So a friend of mine she proposed to another woman and it was all fine, blah blah blah. Anyway, they broke up, so she got given the ring back. This woman said, I don't want a reminder of you, So here's the ring back.
Speaker 6: I don't want it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: She then has gone on and met another partner call there together whatever.
Speaker 1: But they've got.
Speaker 6: Two best friends who they as well. Were you know.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh, I can't find a ring that I like to give to so and so blah blah blah. Yeah, so my friend sold because she just wanted to get rid of this ring. She sold that engagement ring to her. Their best friends who then went on on usedup to propose.
Speaker 1: They all know each other each other.
Speaker 5: So she just wanted to get rid of her I reckon. She spent six or seven thousand. In the end, she sold it to her friend for like fifteen hundred. She's like, I just don't want the ring here anymore. I mean, a new relationship with had a baby, like I just needs to move on.
Speaker 2: So there's definitely something in that. Can jewelry be cursed?
Speaker 1: No? No, okay.
Speaker 2: So for example, I've still got my wedding ring from my first marriage and it's in a jewelry box and I'm thinking of regifting it to my daughter because that's her dad. So I thought that would be a nice thing to do. But is that a nice I don't know. Well, is it because it did not work out?
Speaker 1: You've answered you kept the ring?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you keep the engagement hing as well. Yeah, all of it. Hey, they're all diamonds, mate. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My mum kept her engagement ring from her first marriage and for my birthday gifted it to me.
Speaker 1: That would Did you like it?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 3: I think it's holding onto a memory a little bit like keeping memory boxes.
Speaker 1: But I think you have every right to keep that ring and do with it what you will.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: Is there something tainted about it? Is the question that to me, yes, a little yeah. Thirteen twenty four to ten? Do you give the ring back? You got engaged? Everything was happy, the world was a beautiful place, and now it's over. Yes, and romance is the bare, dird and gone.
Speaker 1: It is so time for it. Let's go girl, Let's go girls.
Speaker 2: Indeed, so we received an email and breakfast at over nine one nine dot com dot au is the email address if.
Speaker 1: You'd like to discuss something with us, because we're more than happy to er it on air.
Speaker 2: So the email said, Hi, Jody iban Zoe, my best friend fiance I have just called off their engagement after six months.
Speaker 1: Basically they were together for a year.
Speaker 2: He got her a supernas ring and it was around seven thousand dollars. That's but does she have the right to keep it or give it back? Seven thousand dollars that's a lot, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's more of a moral dilama as well. We'll just found out advice and research that because was a gift, legally, there's no obligation to give it back. Yeah at all. I guess it's a moral a.
Speaker 2: Moral obligation, is that though? Yeah, all right, let's go to Jenna. Good morning, Jenna, good womaning. Okay, thoughts on this one.
Speaker 9: So it's a pretty of a difference to way she obviously, because my family, you know, my parents were together a long time. They had me and my brother and you know that type of thing. But mom's dad actually was unfaithful to my mom after they got engaged, and so she told him she didn't want to marry him anymore, but they stayed together. Well, she made him buy her a second engagent ring because the first one was painted, and so when they finally did split about thirty years later, she kept both rings and I said to her that I wanted one. You know, that's a you know history, and you know, hand me down. And she went and sold them both on me without telling me, and so I'm a big devastated Actually.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, But doin know don't you think there's something in there? If something bad happens with jew jewelry can be tainted, can't it.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, you don't necessarily have to keep the item as it was, you know, he anidental pair of ear rings or a nice next place, a new story.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, that's very enough to be half the days.
Speaker 9: An engagement ring. You know it could, Yeah, it could. We came into something nice, you know, a bit more of a positive. You know, you could have a loving relationship with that one stage. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the collective value of those two rings, what do you think it was?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, it was a long time ago, but yeah, you'd be looking up with maybe ten or fifteen thousands they were here. Well, because the second one, the second one was a I'm really really sorry for what I did previously.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much, Jenna, stay Sie, good morning, good morning. Do you give the ring back? No?
Speaker 7: He basically decided that he was going to leave us for six years together we were married, and I said to him, I was like, look, if you really want to leave, I can't get these off, so you're going to have to cut them. So I went straight to the stead, got fires cut them box. Oh yeah, So I put them in my jewelry box and a few months later sold them and brought myself a ruby ring to stay like, I'm okay on my own.
Speaker 2: So the new ring was it like a sort of reincarnation of the old ring?
Speaker 7: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Not right?
Speaker 1: Okay no?
Speaker 7: But I also so these rings were the wedding band I actually paid for myself out of my own birthday money. The engagement ring was being paid off with Surgergy, so we were both paying for it anyway. So I was like, well, they're mine.
Speaker 1: Can I just say I'm glad this relationship?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 12: Oh me too?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 2: You had to buy your own wedding ring? Yeah, goodness, gracious that is well.
Speaker 7: So my birthday was only like a few days before our walk, a few.
Speaker 8: Weeks before our wedding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I still didn't have the wedding ring. So all the money that I got from family and friends my birthday I spent on the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow, onto your morals, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure does I have none.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to put this out there straight away, who does the budgeting at your house? Husband? Good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? Why Well, because.
Speaker 2: He's good at that stuff, and he's a man who is very adept at a spreadsheet, and that is sexy?
Speaker 9: Is yep?
Speaker 2: There anyone, If you're a bloke and you can use Excel, I probably want to jump in. Wow.
Speaker 1: Who saw that coming?
Speaker 7: Not me?
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be something physical, like if you could work an aile gun or you could do some sort of trade based skun Excel spreadsheet love it had all those nerds are picking up right now, Oh, finally off we could beautiful, skinny soft hands.
Speaker 2: Jim the accountant who's been tapping away to his computer for years, He's like, finally I'm wanted.
Speaker 1: Finally O me Physically, he's just not what stereotypically a woman wants. But finally Tim's like, I'm on, I'm on, I'm too old. Well, then you're going against the grain if you guys were living in Japan. In Japan, traditional gender roles strongly influence household finances, with wives typically managing budgets even when both partners work.
Speaker 2: Wow, so wives are allocating allowances, yes.
Speaker 1: And one hundred percent? I could quite as a live in Japan. Yeah, paradise everything hecums a budget. She gives me a weekly allowance. Oh, a certain amount of money and it's not much, by the way, goes into my account every single week. That's how much I can use. And that's not just at her request, but it's also at my request as well. Okay, because I'm not a smart I was about to saying, I'm not a smart man, not a smart smart right, I'm not good with money at all. No, right, And so what are you spending your money on? Well? I eat out too much first and foremost, I should do you know when people say, oh, he's fifty bucks, it's your last fifty dollars, what would you use? And so I say, oh, I'd adverse to do I do this and this. I'd be like, no, I'm going to spend forty bucks on a big, hearty breakfast because once I've got a big, beautiful breakfast, Eggs, BAC and all the other sides, then I can come up with the planet. Got ten bucks left to sort your life out? You got ten bucks, then you're probably gonna juice it, maybe cut the coffe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then you're like, oh, I've got ten bucks left. God, that halloomy looks delicious.
Speaker 1: Chuck that on there, it's all good. Put that on there as well. Now I completely agree with this, and yeah, I would understand as well how you're not good at budgeting me for example, for example, and once again, bless you, bless you jokes. But when you've got free range to your bank account, you bought me this ridiculous stuff, and this is all You're always going to come back to this. You brought me this, this ridiculous stuff from Gold Coast, which is supposed to help my manky feet, but you bought it off a spoke on the side of the street whose name was what Jim or Barry or something. I don't know his phone numbers on there. Feel free to call him.
Speaker 2: If you're not happy with the product and you've still got fungal infection on your big toe.
Speaker 1: Well I still very much do. I think it might be getting worse. Well, also, this number doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: That is bad because that was my last sixty bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, and now Jim is enjoying a delicious breakfast with all the side a really really late Welcome to Joe Diotic, to the beautiful world of TikTok. Yeah this is and do you know what? It's welcome and goodbye.
Speaker 2: So I literally watched two videos on TikTok and I think I'm tapping out my good No, okay, so this is how I first got on because you guys talk about leg so you talk about TikTok all the time.
Speaker 1: You're obsessed.
Speaker 2: You go down the rabbit hole and then sometimes we have to come and fish you out.
Speaker 3: Because it lose you to it deep in equestrian tektok at the moment.
Speaker 1: And when you fisher out, she's doing one of those little dances tick of the top. At the moment.
Speaker 3: It's literally like people brushing their horses and being like, this is how I get their main straight.
Speaker 1: I've never been into horses in my life. Very godd that sounds quite good. Actually, it's quite interesting.
Speaker 2: So I dip my toe into the TikTok water. And the reason I did is because my good friend TIF said, have a look at this chicken tariarchy fried rice recipe.
Speaker 1: The tastiest high protein chicken chariarchy fried rice. This says so much better than take up packed food flavor and so easy to make.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh my God, I want a piece of that action, So signed up to TikTok. And also, why is he talking like that?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. He's definitely feels like he's reading that out gone to the head vibes. Bitch Robot enjoyed this chicken Well, my family gets it. It's high protein. I hate it anyway. So that was the first TikTok video I watched.
Speaker 2: And then this morning I was driving to work and I was like, what's this. It's Valentine's Day. This is a lovely love motivation little piece.
Speaker 1: All you need is one.
Speaker 13: Person in your life who says, you've got this. I believe in you, and you will find courage and energy to do things that you would not have had before. But more importantly, that person needs to also say, and if everything goes wrong, I will be there for you, and I will be there with you. And I think burnout happens when you're attempting to.
Speaker 1: Do all of the things you see other.
Speaker 13: People do and not realize that they have deep, meaningful relationships that you can't see, and you think falsely that you have to do it alone.
Speaker 1: How's the music in the pit?
Speaker 2: Focusing on the music on posing fngusing on the words.
Speaker 1: I sat in my car and I cried in the car park.
Speaker 2: I cried because I'm like, it's Valentine's.
Speaker 1: Day and greig On is my person. Ugly cry, ugly cry? What do you make attractive? Usually when you cry?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm done, Okay, you just need someone to listen.
Speaker 3: Listening to that is the most like. I have no algorithm yet on TikTok because I haven't used it enough. I was like, here's some chicken and here's a motivational speaker with a wanky.
Speaker 1: Tune in the Jodie's TikTok's going, who the hell is this person