Speaker 1: Late General, welcome the Late plays.
Speaker 2: Great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. It's every flyer's nightmare losing your luggage. We'll tell you about an ossie who spent eighteen months trying to find his plus When we look at the papers, Australian states racking up massive deficits, the largest of anywhere in the world. And Tony Burk's only been the Home Affairs Minister for forty eight hours but already has problems. We'll get to all of that soon, but first, it appears video of the opening ceremony has been removed from the Official Olympic Game's YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, the opening ceremony caused huge controversy after it was used to mock Christianity, promote gender fluidity, and platform public nudity. And now, while full videos of other opening ceremonies from previous Olympic Games are freely available, well the Paris ceremony is not. Just twenty four hours after appearing on the site, it's suddenly vanished. The IOC say there's no big conspiracy, they just don't have the digital rights to display the footage, but that fails to explain why it was uploaded in the first place before being taken down. Calebern this, if you ask me, I would actually prefer that they did remove it, because that would at least show some contrition and maybe even some embarrassment. The queer artistic director of the opening ceremony, he was responsible for the fiasco. He said, I didn't mean to offend anybody. We were just promoting diversity. That old chestnut that if you say it was to promote diversity, well, then what you saw was not some pornographic, satanic sort of display of hedonism. It was diversity. And then we're all supposed to say, oh, diversity is our strength. What do you think, Liz, do you think this is an issue of digital rights or do you think the organizers have said, you know what, this says turned really bad, really fast, let's just quietly hide the evidence viral for all the.
Speaker 3: Wrong reasons, and the backlash has been so profound that is obviously why they've taken it down.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The artistic director that you referred to, his name is Thomas Jolly. He says, quote our idea was inclusion end quote right, So you thought the best way to go about parading inclusion at an event that the world is watching and a lot of kids as well. By the way was to mock the Last Supper, some of Christ's last moments on earth before his death his ascension.
Speaker 4: It boggles the mind. We all know that they went out of their way to do this. I mean, there's any.
Speaker 3: Number of things that you could have instead done for the opening ceremony, and yet this was frontline and center.
Speaker 4: And the sad part of it is, besides what.
Speaker 3: You've just said, this being an outright display of degeneracy, like, let's normalize this. I don't think anyone once that normalized. Is that's all anyone's been talking about. So these athletes who have trained four years, day and day out to make it to the most esteemed position in the Olympic world have now been overshadowed by everyone just talking about how utterly disgusting and disappointing this display of degeneracy was. And it was clearly a dig at Christians. There's two billion of us. We're not going anywhere. You can preach DEEI to us until you're blue in the face. We are not going to change what we believe and this just seemed to absolutely thankfully tank worldwide. Nobody appreciated this, and you've got companies now pulling their ad sponsorships for the Olympics, and I think that is one of the best, most really practical ways that people can show their discuss. So Mississippi tech based company they're called Ceespire has pulled theirs, and I think this may well and truly start an avalanche of other companies doing the same. Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves came out and commended them for doing so, tweeting quote, God will not be mocked. That's a scripture verse end quote. So I think that this is wonderful. The backlash that we have seen just goes to show people are not okay with these kind of flagrant displays of what can only be described as uta degenerates k.
Speaker 2: A measure of how big the backlash was is that introducing the South Korean team as the North Korean team has been reduced to a footnote of the opening ceremony of the.
Speaker 5: Putting the Olympic flag up the flagpole upside down like.
Speaker 2: That was quite symbolic of the entire thing, Like you.
Speaker 5: Had run job to put the Olympic flag up the pole the right way, and they couldn't even manage to do that. But this nonsense about it being about diversity, I didn't see much diversity in the religions that they went after. At the end point ceremony. Yeah, there was only one under attack, right And if ever there was a time, because of course everyone should be free to lampoon any religion they want, if ever there was a time an event where you had like pretty much every country in the world, people representative of every religion in the world in one place, so you could go the whole lot at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 5: We're just going to go after the one that we know will not result in either having a bullet in your head or your head cut off. And France is the greatest example of the dangers of going after certain religions, because let's not forget about Charlie hebdo. I mean that they are very cognizant in France of what happens when you go after particular religions.
Speaker 1: In that case it was Islam.
Speaker 5: Muhammad was drawn and that resulted in the death of people, a terrorist attack as a result of that of course there'll be nothing, no kind of retribution of that sort to this as well, there should not be, but he just shows how weak they are in their conviction in standing up for quote unquote diversity, that they're not willing to go after pretty much every other religion in the world, which also has an issue with transgenderism and homosexuality and whatever.
Speaker 1: It's just the easiest one to go after.
Speaker 2: And the hypocrisy was highlighted by a Brazilian surfer who's competing at the Olympics, and two weeks before the game started he was told to remove an image of Jesus from his surfboard. He's a Christian surfer. He had an image of Christ on his surfboard. You can see it there. He was asked to remove it because one of the Olympic rules is that they are religious religiously neutral. So he complied with that. So that's fine, happy to do that. He's now competing, but of course there's the opening ceremony was not neutral came to religion, as Caleb has so well pointed.
Speaker 3: Out, none whatsoever, And the surfer could have easily argue that that is.
Speaker 4: A Brazilian icon Christ.
Speaker 3: The Redeemer standing atop that mountain was voted one of the new seven Wonders of the World back in two thousand and seven. One hundred million people voted, and that one got the gong.
Speaker 4: So he could have just as easily been like, ang it a minute, this is.
Speaker 1: I'm from Brazil.
Speaker 4: I'm a Brazilian surfer. This is a Brazilian icon.
Speaker 3: Why are you guys making this into anything else? But of course it does highlight the hypocrisy that he was told that he had to remove it because quote, the games have strict rules and focus on total neutrality.
Speaker 4: Well, they broke their own.
Speaker 3: Rules, didn't they, And they only seem to break those when it pertains to Christianity an unpopular opinion. I almost take this as a backhanded compliment because they know this is the religion which founded the Western world and the value that we all hold dear. They know Christianity, Catholicism, these ones are the natural enemy of every single agenda we roll out, whether it's LGBTIQ issues, whether it's the world's about to implode, climate change, climate communism, everyone get on board.
Speaker 4: This is the religion that is the problem.
Speaker 3: Child and will continue to be the biggest pain in their neck going forward.
Speaker 5: I think it's been heartening though, to as you sort of pointed out before, is to see the almost unanimous worldwide response to all of this, like people are just tendering.
Speaker 1: For heaven's sake, this is the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Like it's hard to think of a more wholesome, unifying event in the world than the Olympics coming together to celebrate all these sports that we really don't give a toss about for the other four years that we wait for the next Olympics to come along. But we all get behind our country, everyone else gets behind their country, and we celebrate the athleticism and everyone coming together to compete at the event under the one.
Speaker 1: Flag, et cetera.
Speaker 5: And the stuff that was displayed, you know, women with beards and all these transgender people whatever else.
Speaker 1: Otherwise well, yeah, correct.
Speaker 5: There was a great piece on sky news dot com dot au today by our resident child psychologists, clear Row, explaining that you know, she watched it with her kid and her kids asking the question like, what's this all about? Why is that blue man naked? Why are these why is there someone here presenting as a woman but with a beard, like use lots of people would have sat down to watch the opening ceremony, thinking that it was a family friendly event, it was good for everyone, and it'll be lovely and we'll have a nice whale of a time, and they walked away from it or sat on the couch watching it.
Speaker 1: Going my god, I now have to explain.
Speaker 5: Things to my kids that I really didn't want to explain. It's pushed down your throat and again we go back to the point of diversity. Okay, you want to talk about diversity. Diversity is one thing, but telling us that we must then watch participate be part of this at.
Speaker 1: All, abortion of the discussion is wrong, and that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Of course, the only question you should be asking about the Olympic Games is why breakdancing is included, not why it's skateboarding.
Speaker 1: I wanted a bit to that last night, All.
Speaker 2: The same, I'm sitting at home watching fourteen year old girls skateboard. I thought they were quite impressible.
Speaker 3: Guys, you guys, you need to learn the apps. They've got like forty different apps.
Speaker 4: I'm just sitting.
Speaker 3: There like literally chain smoking all the gymnastics.
Speaker 2: But I mean the hypocrisy you can't show an actual depiction of Jesus, but you can show a depiction of Jesus as an abast lesbian surrounded by transgendered people. Joe Biden was asked what she thought of the ceremony, and she had quite a different tape. Yes, she is.
Speaker 6: It was spectacular. The rain did not dampen our spirits. And Casey, honestly, every step of the way, I was thinking to myself, Oh my god, Oh my god, how are we going to top this?
Speaker 4: How are we going to top this?
Speaker 6: So okay, So Paris has the you know, Eiffel Tower, but we have Hollywood and right and the magic of Hollywood that makes all dreams come true. So I think we're going to be okay.
Speaker 2: If you want to top the Paras opening ceremony, it's not difficult. Just don't have drag queens ficturing. But I mean, the mind boggles if the Biden administration slash Kamala Harris administration did try to top it. This is an administration that spent Easter Sunday honoring Transgender Visibility Day. That was an administration that had a pride event at the White House where a transgendered activist famously bared his breasts. This is an administration where one of the only sit down interviews Joe Biden ever did was with Dylan Mulvainy, a man parading as a woman, and can you believe that they talked about women's rights. So when Jill Biden says the the paras ceremony was spectacular, but how could we top it? Or I dread the thought list?
Speaker 3: My god, it actually got me really nostalgic. It got me watching opening ceremonies from decades past, even ones before I was born.
Speaker 2: The Chinese Communist Party did a great.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely like a hair standing up on your arms.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 3: I was watching the one back in nineteen eighty in Moscow. Just incredible, but wholesome. That is something that they all had in common. It was just a wholesome celebration showing off what Each country has their own best arts, whether it's their music, their orchestras, but they roll out their very best to showcase on the international stage. And this is what we get from France. This is what we get from France.
Speaker 5: It's no great surprise, though, because when you look at the rest of what's going on at the Olympics like that gone.
Speaker 1: Full wacko left.
Speaker 5: Don't look at the the athlete's village where they're all sleeping on cardboard beds. I mean, can you imagine trying to get up and go swimming or running or whatever it is and perform to the best of your ability after spending a night on a cardboard bed. But it also turns out that they had some edicts that sixty percent of the food that was to be supplied to the athletes had to be vegan.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out that people.
Speaker 5: Who were trying to perform to the best of their athletic ability don't eat vegan, and so they ran out of meat in the athlete's village very quickly.
Speaker 1: They had to go and order more meat.
Speaker 5: Because what a surprise, The athletes went for the protein as opposed to all this vegan food.
Speaker 1: That they lined up for them. What did they think was going to happen?
Speaker 2: You're saying the same bolt is not a vegan.
Speaker 1: What a surprise.
Speaker 5: Believe we're all going to turn up and go, oh yeah, we're all going to eat vegan for the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: Like they lost the plot.
Speaker 2: It It just shows what happens when you prioritize ideology over everything else, and when you assume that everyone else in the world must share your sort of niche luxury views.
Speaker 4: It gets worse. No air conditioning and it's going to be in the mid.
Speaker 3: Thirties in the coming days. Thankfully, the Australian team we read today has their own portable air conditioners, so they're like, okay.
Speaker 1: We've dodged that bullet.
Speaker 3: But also crowded buses with no airflow. They're probably electric generated. I mean, these are the best from all around the world. It's worse supposed to be busting them all in to impress, to impress, and these are the reports that we're receiving just days into this.
Speaker 2: This half the US women's tennis team. There were ten of them, but to half of them left after all ten were forced to share two bathrooms. Oh my, you know, of all the problems.
Speaker 3: This is like dormitory room stuff exactly for the best athletes in the world. But let's talk about election interference, shall we. Back in twenty sixteen was the Russian collusion hopes. The media was all over it, driving it hard, and big tech was right there with them doing their darndist in twenty twenty, it was the Hunter Biden laptop story. Oh no, it's not really his laptop, or wait, it is his laptop, or we're just going to suppress the heck out of that story prior to the elections, so it doesn't have any effect on the result.
Speaker 4: Well, this year, they seem to have.
Speaker 3: Taken a slightly different tack. People have brought to the world's attention again via x via Twitter. Thank goodness Elon Musk bought that platform.
Speaker 4: They're telling everyone.
Speaker 3: I am trying to ask AI about the assassination attempt on Donald Trump's life, and according to AI, it just didn't happen. Check out the screenshot shared by Elon Musk. He says, tell me about the assassination attempt on Trump. AI says, I can't assist you with that. I don't always have access to the most up to date information.
Speaker 4: Can I help you with anything else? Bill Board Chris tried his luck.
Speaker 3: He typed in, why is there rich and structured information about Harris campaign but not about the Trump assassination attempt? And AI said, Oh, the reason for the disparity and information is due to the fact that the Trump assassination attempt is a fictional event, whereas Kamala Harris's twenty twenty four presidential campaign is a.
Speaker 4: Real and ongoing event.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, this is election interference by big tech, plane and simple. You don't have to be an expert. You can even go online right now and type into Google assassination attempt. Try Trump. Try typing in Donald, Try typing in Trump. Look what comes up if you even try to search for his name again a tweet by Elon Musk. Instead you get President Donald Duck, President Donald Reagan. President Donald Duck is turning in his grave right now?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 3: Elon Musk writes, Wow, Google has a search ban on President Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Election interference. I can't even search for Trump's name. It seems every single election year.
Speaker 3: The Democrats, They're not even smart about it.
Speaker 4: This isn't a sleight of hand. It is just so obvious. So people voters.
Speaker 3: There's people in Canada sharing the same Here in Australia, We've all tried and discovered it's true all over America. This is probably worldwide. People can't even find the guy. So if you are curious in America and you still want to know a bit more about this guy, good.
Speaker 4: Luck even finding him on the interweed.
Speaker 2: It's not a great advertisement for AI. Is that when AI is telling us that what we all saw with our own eyes just two weeks ago was complete fiction and that we actually never saw it. So who would ever trust AI? And you listed the example of you know, Hunter Biden's laptop, but then there's plenty of other examples as well where big tech have interfered. They famously banned Donald Trump from Facebook and Twitter for a period. Instagram recently adjusted everybody's settings without telling them so they would not receive political information unless they went in and manually chose to receive it, whereas previously they had. So this is just the latest example in a litany of examples about how big tech have tried to interfere, all the while claiming we never interfered.
Speaker 5: And this is why these companies need to be treated as publishers just like media companies are, because they are making editorial value judgments about the content they put in front of you on the basis of ideology. And we know that media companies do that and have forever more and you've generally been able to.
Speaker 1: Make a choice.
Speaker 5: You know, I read this particular paper because it's generally a paper that agrees with my views, or I read this particular paper because this is why some people read the Guardian and other people read the Telegraph. Right, we all know that it's always operated like that, But these companies have set themselves up as though they're just part of the public square. You can come along and say whatever you like, and that's fine, but they're making editorial judgments about the content they put in front of you.
Speaker 1: If that's the game.
Speaker 5: They want to play, they should be regulated in exactly the same way as the media is.
Speaker 1: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 5: Either you are the public square and you're all about free speech, or you're a publishing company and then you have to abide by all the same rules that the rest of us do, including defamation, and that would be a real killer for people like people companies like Facebook if they had to deal with that.
Speaker 4: But then you're just social media.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Google, Google.
Speaker 4: About a search? Can you please by Google?
Speaker 5: And it went even further with Google, like even if you put in an assassination attempt, right, and you would think, like the biggest news story of the last two weeks has been Trump the attempt at assassination attempt, the suggestions that comes up.
Speaker 1: With when you put in assassination attempt.
Speaker 5: Truman, Reagan, Fidel Castro, Slovakia, Bob Marley, Lennon, Gerald Ford, Teddy Roosevelt, Saudi Arabia, John Paul the Second, and Franklin Roosevelt. No mention of Trump there. Then if you put in assassination Trump, so you've left the p on I think by that point that Google would work out. No, not even then it says Truman or President Truman or Harry Truman. And if you put the whole damn thing in assassination attempt Trump, there's not one single search suggestion underneath it.
Speaker 1: It is a decision they have made to try to hide that.
Speaker 5: It was subliminally to hide that content from people. And again, if that's what they want to do, come and play in the tent with the rest of us, because I don't think they're going to enjoy doing that very much.
Speaker 3: And what's really damning is they've done this while it's one of the top searchers on Google Trends, so they know there are millions of people searching for details on this thing.
Speaker 4: We're just going to pretend like it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Good one and good good luck, Sorry James, so well.
Speaker 2: The other thing it does, it goes to show you the momentum that Trump has gained, that they are so afraid of even admitting this thing happened. It's an acknowledgment that people did understand what was going on, and support for Trump has risen. Speaking of Elon Musk, he has got a new label for Kamala Harris, one I'd never heard before. He's called her an extinctionist after a video resurfaced from last year where she talked about how climate anxiety was causing many young people to reconsider whether or not they would actually have children. Here's the video that's resurfaced. Have a listen.
Speaker 7: I've heard young leaders talk with me about a term they've coined climate anxiety, right, which is fear of the future and the unknown of whether it makes sense for you to even think about having children.
Speaker 2: Now. Elon Musk has retweeted that video and said the natural extension of her philosophy would be a de facto holocaust for all of humanity. It's a frightening thought to think the next president of the United States and the leader of the Free World could be actively suggesting, you know, maybe you should think twice before having children because we may not be around that long anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, it's very hypocritical of her to actually pretend like she's expressing concern about young people being that concerned and they're not having kids. She has before, and we've played the clip plenty of times on this show, talked about when she's talking about the litany of measures that they're taking as a government to fight climate change, she's talked about reducing the population, seeing that means we can breathe cleaner air.
Speaker 4: It's just a better world for everyone.
Speaker 3: She has literally said that is one of the measures that they are pursuing.
Speaker 2: And of course there's only one topic she loves more than population reduction because of climate change, and that's abortion, which is her favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 4: So massive population reduction right there, Well, she.
Speaker 5: Wants to be unburdened by what has been whatever format that.
Speaker 1: Comes in, seemingly.
Speaker 5: But I just love the juxtaposition, of course, of the activists who carry on about climate change call themselves extinction rebellion, as though they are fighting against the extinction of the human race, when we know from people like Kamala Harris and plenty of others that what they're actually talking about, we need fewer people because that will be better for the planet.
Speaker 1: They're not talking about extinction rebellion.
Speaker 5: They're talking about, well, we just have a certain level of extinction that will be good for the rest of us. And I've often wondered all these people who carry on about climate change, if you truly believe that humanity is that bad for the world, why are you fighting against climate change? Like why don't you just let climate change take over and kill us all, Because surely that'll be the best thing for the planet, because there will be no humans left to rape and pillage the joint and destroy it.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing about these people who promote, you know, a population reduction is if you notice they never volunteer to be part of the solution, that they're always pushing other people's children forward or other folks. They never say, you know what, let me be the first one.
Speaker 3: I always say, once you realize the carbon they want to reduce is you, is your children's, their policies suddenly start making a lot more sense. This anti human agenda that is essentially what is at the heart of climate communism.
Speaker 4: But speaking of communism, check.
Speaker 3: Out this display of what is no doubt a lot of Kamala Harris voters.
Speaker 8: In Philadelphia today.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable to watch people marching through the streets of a democratic country, the most powerful one on earth, bearing the hammer and sickle like this is something that should be trumpeted. And it's not just in the universities now it is spilling out onto the streets. And let's not forget that one of the cornerstones of Marxism as well is the breakdown of the nuclear family. They're not all about avon babies, they're not all about human flourishing and this kind of class war which so appeals to the Democrats. They love using this kind of rhetoric in their own appealing to voters, poorer voters, black voters.
Speaker 4: I'd say, we've just.
Speaker 3: Seen a lot of Kamala Harris voters walk through the streets of Philly today.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean she came out and advocated for this, didn't she. Because we showed a clip recently where she was explaining the difference between equality and equity and outlining that her vision for America is to try and get everybody to have the same result in life, which means you've got to take from those who started well and give it to those who started poorly, and try and even everything else. So now we've got people marching for communism. Thanks Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, they used to worry about rids under the beds. They're not under the beds anymore, just marching through the street.
Speaker 5: But what these people don't understand is that the class war they want to fight is so ten years ago.
Speaker 1: The real class war that.
Speaker 5: Has been going on in America since Trump was elected in twenty sixteen is a class war of the working class US against the rich. But it's not the working class Democrats against the rich Republicans. It's the working class Republicans against the rich Democrats. I mean, if the communists really think that, you know, oh, we're going to have this class war, we've got to bring down the rich to feed the poor, Camala ain't going to be your woman, and nor is most of the Democratic Party. That's the people they've got to get on board with Trump if they want to have their class war, they're the people they should be fighting in.
Speaker 2: And of course the irony is when you fight the rich to feed the poor, all you do is make everybody poorueatory.
Speaker 3: Equity, though, Mac, that is what we are reaching for. That's what we're really excited for. Of course, it doesn't make any sense because everyone will never end up in the same place.
Speaker 4: You could dump everyone on.
Speaker 3: An island, give them five bucks, and within a fortnight you'd have people doing really well, and you'd have other people dying of starvation. Because what equity doesn't take into account is people's work ethics. They're entrepreneurial spirit. There are any number of them, their personalities.
Speaker 4: Some are always going to excel more than others.
Speaker 3: As Margaret that she used to say, some are more equal than to others.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that her saying? She was like, this is a pipe dream. You are never going to get there.
Speaker 3: But we've got to take our hats off to whoever came up with the latest Kamala Harris attack ad, which brilliantly using AI is voiced by herself.
Speaker 7: I Kamala Harris, senior Democrat candidate for president because Joe Biden finally exposed to stimility to be thanks, Jo, I was selected because I am the ultimate diversity hire. I'm both a woman and a person of color. So if you criticize anything I say, you're both sexist and racist. I may not know the first thing about running the country, but remember that's a good thing if you're a deep state puppet. I had four years under the tutelage of the ultimate deep state puppet, a wonderful mentor, Joe Biden. Joe taught me rule number one carefully hydratt and companies. I taken significant things, and I discuss them as if they're significant. And I believe that exploring the significance of the insignificant is in itself significant.
Speaker 3: Hilarious, right, everyone thought it was incredibly funny.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk shared it to.
Speaker 3: His millions of followers, drawing the ire of Governor of California Gavin Newsom, who promptly tweeted absolutely disgusted by this. He said, manipulating a voice in an ad.
Speaker 4: Like this one should be illegal.
Speaker 3: Al we signing a bill in a matter of weeks to make sure it is. So he's going to make parody illegal, to which Elon must promptly replied, the last time he checked, parody wasn't against the law in America. I mean, have we just lost thousands of humor completely.
Speaker 2: Now Gavin Newsom hasn't lost his sense of humor. He's just auditioning for the role of vice president in Na Kamala Harris administration, isn't he indeed?
Speaker 5: And I very much look forward to him passing a similar law that tells AI companies that they can't lie to you about the fact that someone tried to assassinate Donald Trump. Let's come back home now. Now, I'm sure you're aware that there are security cameras everywhere, CCTV cameras.
Speaker 1: Monitoring your every move.
Speaker 5: Just about the only place that you can get away from those cameras these days is in your car. But they're working pretty hard on changing that too, because of course, these modern cars are now putting cameras in them that you know, monitor you to see whether you're dozing off while you're driving along, and then they get really angry when you have a sip of a cup of coffee or laugh or something go bing bang bong. There was a story last week that Mitsubishi's had to change the technology it putting its new trite and use because it was going off with people for having a laugh.
Speaker 1: But you would think that you deserve to.
Speaker 5: Know where these cameras are because when you're out in public, you're being monitored. It would seem like a basic right you ought to know that the cameras are there, and you'd think that that would also have the effect by telling someone that the cameras are there that they would be less likely to commit crimes in that area. Well, the Advertiser in South Australia has taken the initiative to contact all the councils in Adelaide and ask them where their security cameras are. Now there are nineteen councils in Adelaide. Would you believe only four councils came back and disclosed where their security cameras were stationed. They were Adelaide, Burnside, Campbelltown and Holdfast Bay. Some came back and said they didn't have a camera network, but others said, well, we do have a camera network, we just not going to tell you where they are. On Caparinga council was one of them. Now, these cameras are monitored by police twenty four hours a day. They take recordings, they take vision etc. That can be used in the effort to fight crime. You would think it would be such a basic thing for a council to simply have a register somewhere that tells you where the security cameras are, that they should maybe be compelled by law to tell you where those security cameras are, or that they might even have a big honking sign that says there are security cameras in this area, because I don't know, if you were thinking of robbing a shop on that street, you might think twice about it when you know that big brother is watching you.
Speaker 1: But Onka Paringa council.
Speaker 5: Actually set the reason we're not going to tell you where these cameras are is because we think that would be.
Speaker 1: Counterproductive in fighting crime.
Speaker 5: I don't quite understand that excuse, but you have to wonder if they don't want you to know where the cameras are, where exactly are they and what exactly are they watching you do?
Speaker 2: Just before we get to that, did you say Onka Parinka council Onka Peringa, Yes, that's a great name. If it's to create community safety. If people are less likely to commit crimes than by inference, everyone else is more likely to be safe if we all know where these cameras are. But there's also the issue of future misuse, which after the pandemic, we wouldn't put anything past Western liberal governments. We saw what Justin Trudeau did in Canada, for instance, freezing people's bank accounts. Well, if you do that, why wouldn't you use cameras for the farious purposes. The other issue is revenue raising. They now have CCTV cameras just focused on parking spots for instance, and just issuing automatic fines. And the other thing I worry about is whether this produces lazy policing. These have been introduced everywhere in Adelaide, where there's been a lot of controversy about the policing ability to stop crime, particularly in the inner city. Do police really feel the need to be out on the beat if they've just as they do in Adelaide's city, they've got someone twenty four to seven sitting in front of a vast array of screens just monitoring things. You don't need to have police on the street. So I think that ultimately compromises policing as well as people's privacy.
Speaker 3: Oh, it always compromises people's privacy. If I had my way, I'd rip all of them down like those guys in London with those climate change cameras that are like.
Speaker 4: You are outside of your zone.
Speaker 3: But of course we're way past that point when it comes to CCTV. They do have a point here, though, because if I am a Krim and I can jump online and see where your CCTV cameras are in my neck of the woods, I know exactly where to not strike and where is just free game.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't that create more acceptance of CCTV because then everyone would want CCTV where they are, so the Creams know we've got CCTV. Don't come and knock off my place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then everyone would want them. We don't want that if we don't want them more proctic, But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So if they did make it known, more people would be like, hey.
Speaker 4: Don't put us in a dark area. We want our.
Speaker 3: CCTVs everywhere, Which is why I think there is an argument to just be like, we're not telling anyone where these are, because then the Crims are going to get a.
Speaker 4: Lot more active in the dark zones and the dart zone.
Speaker 3: People are going to be like CCTVs on every camera on every street corner, please, And that is.
Speaker 4: Going to cost a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Maybe so, But I think the point is that, you know, it's not unfair to expect that at some point these cameras are going to be equipped with facial recognition and AI technology so they see you coming before you're even there, et cetera.
Speaker 2: South Australian police were going through in one got caught correct.
Speaker 3: I think it's the fear that it hasn't already been introduced. Well, I mean, who've been caught out before?
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 5: But if that's the road we're going to go down, which seems pretty clear that's what it will be, then surely we deserve to know where those cameras are. I deserve to know where the camera is that is monitoring my face.
Speaker 3: In that case, I would argue yes as well. But remember we had the infamous case of Bunnings, the Good Guys and one other supermarket type chain who got caught out using facial recognition and the millions of people darkening their doors. This was here in Australia, had no idea whatsoever. So I think this idea that the state isn't using that technology already, certainly in some cases, and if they were, oh I'm sure they would tell us all.
Speaker 4: I just think that's naive.
Speaker 3: Just if the likes of Bunnings can do it without it's not about whether they are it's not.
Speaker 1: It's that they should they should like they should be legislatively required indeed to tell you.
Speaker 5: And we did a story I don't know a few months ago now, wasn't it out of the UK where they were fitting cameras in the tube system or something monitoring people coming through on the train, and it was monitoring people's facial experiment you've got and work out whether they'd had a bad day or a good day and all this.
Speaker 1: Sort of stuff like that's really scary stuff.
Speaker 5: And if there are cameras up that will eventually do this or may already be doing this, we should be told exactly where they are and what they are doing, no exceptions.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we go to a break, we just need to quickly update you on changes to the law in Queensland that allows people to change their gender on their birth certificate. These new laws have been in action for one month. They allow people to change their gender without ever having gone through any sort of surgery. It also allows children to change their gender as long as they've got support from a parent or in lieu of that a court order, and it allows people to change the parents on a birth certificate, so you can have two mums or two dads. These laws have been enacted, as I said a month ago, and in that four weeks they've had two hundred and forty seven applications for people to change gender on their birth certificate, eleven of those for children, and there's been ten applications to change birth certificates to represent two mums or two dads. What's interesting is a quality. Australia Chief Executive Anna Brown reckons that those applications seem very very low and they're expecting a lot more people. So that's the change four weeks, two hundred and forty seven application.
Speaker 5: You'd be surprised if there wasn't more to come. And of course this will spread to all the other states now and everyone will start doing it. And well, you can just decide what you are on one particular day and have it changed on a legal document. It's one thing to live your life as though you're one thing. When you're doing it on a legal document, there's no coming back from madness.
Speaker 2: We go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers that's coming up in just a moment. Welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. We'll start with the Daily Telegraph and as you can imagine, most of the papers tomorrow. I've got a big photograph of Jess Fox, who won gold in the kayaking. Well done to her. But the main story on the front page of the Telegraph athletes in revolt over trendy village life, Go woke, go slow, reads the headline. We spoke about this earlier, but let me read you just a bit more of what's happening with the Olympians. Terrill beds, vegan food and a focus on the carbon footprint of the athletes. Village is stopping our superstars breaking world records, according to both current and past competitors. The article goes on to quote Australian swimmer Arian Titmas. You have is that great?
Speaker 1: Well done?
Speaker 2: She obviously won gold in the four hundred meter freestyle, but she is quoted as saying it was probably not the time I thought I was capable of. But Olympic Village is definitely not made for high performance. So you've got athletes not only saying it's uncomfortable, but they're predicting that we might see less world records set at this Olympic Games because the village is not conducive to them performing at their peak. One of the Australian water polo players, Tilly Kerns, she told journalists that she went and got a massage to try and get her back right after sleeping on that cardboard bed. So when you've got high performance athletes have spent four years, well, I mean they've spent a lot longer than that. Most of them since they were pre teens have been training for this moment that they get there, and they've got to get a massage, not to limber up, but to undo the damage of the athlete's village. It's hardly conducive.
Speaker 4: And the stress that that would place on you as well, I mean you'd already.
Speaker 3: Be so stressed, like this is the moment you've been training for for years and years and years, and you've got to worry about things like not getting a good night's sleep, or waking up with a creak in your neck because the beds are so uncomfortable, or not having access to meat and dairy products because oh well, Paris has just decided we're all climate communists now. Former Aussie Olympian James Magnuson is quoted as saying the lack of world records boils down to this whole eco friendly carbon footprint Vegan first mentality rather than high performance.
Speaker 4: So he's calling it early, just going.
Speaker 3: This is why we're not seeing world records smashed like we normally do during the qualifiers where everyone's on their feet screaming their lungs out, because world records are flying out the door as they do every Olympics.
Speaker 4: And not this one.
Speaker 2: And people say, why don't most athletes then just go and stay in a hotel, which you can, but if you do that then you are responsible to organize all your own transport, all your own resources. And of course for most people, not for the US basketball team, they're all staying in very high end hotels as you can imagine Lebron and Steph Curry. But for your average shot Twitter or discuss throw or whatever, you're basically on your own. If you leave the athletes, you.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't be able to find a room right now, No.
Speaker 1: Having a pretty penny for it. I mean, it is just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And as Joe Hildebrand pointed out, and sitting here last night on the Sunday Showdown, and there are athletes now that are going out and buying mattresses to put on top of their cardboard beds.
Speaker 1: So how good is that for the planet that of.
Speaker 5: Course, you know, they didn't get a bed that was any good. So now you've got people going out and buying a mattress that they're going to use for two weeks and then chuck away and all the plastic that it came wrapped in, and they reckon that by doing all of this, they're doing a good thing for the planet wasting with all of these complaints.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much money they spent on the athlete skill? One point six billion dollars one point six billion dollars, No for a litany of complaints, no air.
Speaker 5: Conditioning, vegan food and cardboard bids. I'll tell you what it sounds like. The Australian government building social housing, doesn't. Let's go to the Australians borrow where it's is. World leading state deficits, threaten inflation fight, say economists. Big spending state and territory governments are recording some of the highest deficits in the developed world, with economists saying the blowout in public spending is undermining the Reserve Bank's efforts to tame high inflation.
Speaker 1: What a surprise. We could have.
Speaker 5: All seen this coming, and we already knew that Victoria was one of the most indebted jurisdictions in the world per capita. Why have I get the fine balancing Act that governments want to be able to provide some sort of cost of living relief because they feel like it's electoral poison if they don't do something, but by doing so they actually add more fuel to the fire.
Speaker 1: Surely the best cost.
Speaker 5: Of living relief they could provide is to say we're going to have a period of austerity. By doing so, we are going to very quickly correct the bad course we are going down, and then after that we'll be back to normal.
Speaker 2: Economist Chris Richardson has quoted in this article saying that if you take into account the Stage three tax cuts plus federal and state spending in the last financial year, governments have pumped forty six billion dollars into the economy. That's about two percent of the economy has been pumped in during a time of high inflation. And then you've got Jim Chalmers quoted in the same articles say it's ridiculous that any government actions have contributed to inflation.
Speaker 3: I mean it's government actions alone, basically Odessey, who've contributed to inflation. It is fueled by, as stated in the OS, public infrastructure spending and a waning appetite for budget repair.
Speaker 4: So again, have we lost.
Speaker 3: Our capacity to just tighten our belts for a bit? Well, and when you look at where we're talking about, debt piles are set to triple from pre pandemic levels to seven hundred and fifty billion by mid twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: We can avoid that if our.
Speaker 3: Governments will simply say we're in a massive bind. We are all tightening our belts. Less spending is going to be happening. Even infrastructure projects are going to be on hold for a bit until we're back in black, because right now we are just going to be digging ourselves a hole that we can never get out of.
Speaker 5: And the reality is we'll have to repay it at some point. And when that time comes, James, you'll probably be six feet under, but Liz and I will be here to clean up the mists that your generation.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm so much happier and more optimistic about life.
Speaker 1: Exactly asy.
Speaker 2: Life's breezy now.
Speaker 5: The story in the front of the eyes tomorrow. No stopping boats if you stop looking. This is straight out of the Palichet playbook. You know, if we just change the rules about youth crime and then there's no youth crime. Surveillance flights to detect a legal boat rivals off Australia's northwest coast have sunk by twenty two percent in two years, a bit of surge in people smuggling voyagers, presenting a major challenge for incoming Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke. I think we all sort of suspected this was perhaps what was going on, because we know that boats have actually reached the shore in the last year or so. We've turned a few back but sent them back with speed boats that they can then take back to Indonesia.
Speaker 1: To bring more people back to Australia.
Speaker 5: Why would you be reducing the number of flights you're doing out there to monitor the waters, because surely.
Speaker 1: The government can realize that.
Speaker 5: You know, you look back to rud Gillard and how badly open borders essentially on the coast played for them, then this should be top priority.
Speaker 2: Well, nineteen boats since labor came into power, three of which reached Australia, and you find out that they've actually they're actually not looking as hard as they used to look while claiming that this is a top priority.
Speaker 1: Seems ridiculous. Now that's story on the front of the OS.
Speaker 5: Very quickly pmwas on REX crisis, ways in on rex crisis. Rex Airlines is on the brink of collapse after losing close for a million dollars a week on its ambition ambitious expansion into major city roots, with its potential demise set to devastate regional transport links across Australia. And it's a great shame because I really hope that Rex would help open up the market and break the duopoli of Virgin and Quantus, but it would seem once again that you just cannot break that due offera.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, we're going to go to a break when we come back making fun of global elites. You'll enjoy it. It's coming up in this the moment. Welcome back. Well, at least at least one am I calling you a list Liz, I have a new name. Most of us don't like the global elites, but some like them even less than we do. Alice.
Speaker 3: Indeed, legendary singer Morrissey, who needs no introduction but for the uninitiated, is a very famous singer who hails from the UK. He was performing in Las Vegas and took the opportunity. While he was singing his song Crashing Bores, which is somewhat concerning criminality, took the time to use as his backdrop very familiar faces who you will recognize. So there he was singing about criminality while pointing at these guys.
Speaker 9: Check it out.
Speaker 3: The montage included Carl schwamb which you.
Speaker 9: Just saw up there.
Speaker 3: Anthony Fauci also got a glimpse of him, but you're missed out on Bill Gates. So it was the Evil Trio. I knew I was a Morrissey fan, but now I'm like hardcore fan.
Speaker 4: This guy's red pilled.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: But it's amazing, isn't it that when you see someone and entertainer like go against the lefty grave.
Speaker 1: He's like, Oh my god, I can't believe this is real. How is this happening? Right tells you a little bit about where we are before we go.
Speaker 5: Look, this is a very long story, but I'm going to try and truncate it as much as possible for you because I love it so much. A bloke by the name of Michael Pascal. He flew from.
Speaker 1: Brisbane to Sydney, then he flew to.
Speaker 5: Paris via Colombo. His luggage got lost in Brisbane. They found it in Brisbane, then they tried to send it to him in France, but then I got lost in London again.
Speaker 1: Long story short, his luggage never got to him.
Speaker 5: He went through a three year fight, through two courts and a tribunal to finally get three thousand dollars in compensation for his luggage being lost.
Speaker 1: The thing I love about this the most.
Speaker 5: Is that a weaker man would have given up and just cut their losses and you can see him despond it in the airport, would have cut his losses and gone, well, I'm never seeing my luggage again. He fought it for three years too, the name to the bitter end to get his money. That's what has made Australia great. We need more Michaels Pascals in this.
Speaker 2: If he was in charge of the borders, we would have no drains. That's it from us, But stick around and coming up is The Reader Penney Show.