Speaker 1: Late Welcome to the Late Base, Good evening. I'm James macpherson with Freilich and Nika di Giorgio. Coming up tonight, a teeth whitening brand labeled as racist for an advertising campaign that promises that will turn your teeth white. We'll get to that a little later. Plus, when we look at the papers, the number of assaults by students on teachers in New South Wales has skyrocketed, and in North Queensland healthcare workers regarded requiring armored vehicles just to get to work. We'll get to all of that shortly, but first, what do we want a quality? And when do we want it tomorrow? I had to laugh today at ABC host Patricia Cabellius when she rudely interrupted other journalists at a press conference to complain she should be allowed to ask the next question because well she's a woman.
Speaker 2: What exactly good question? Do not feel like a lot of blokes that have been asking questions be nice if I asked the question, Trisha Carvellous, thank you very much. I've just observed this. I'd actually like to ask you, David little Proud, actually, if you don't my bridget I last year a moment because I've been running get in as you know in terms of the time frame.
Speaker 1: And don't you love having demanded the right to ask a question as a woman. She then told Bridget McKenzie to move aside to the bloke. Good answer, So much for the sisterhood. But what if Platricia Cavellis's claim that you know a lot of blokes were asking questions rather than women. Well, I'll let you be the judge.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: See you're getting back together.
Speaker 4: No, this all our time, the announcement of these portfolio allocations.
Speaker 2: You can see that you've got the gums. Analyses like nuclear are have got to go through the legal party there under review, are about to be under review, the subject to review. If it is a no, what then?
Speaker 5: Why was this decision made with haste on choose one and mackenzie?
Speaker 1: As we can tw moments like this. I'm glad we've got Danika to Georgio with us because she was a hot shot reporter for many years. Danika, did you feel like you never got a good opportunity to ask a question because when you're a woman and all the blokes were dominating, I mean.
Speaker 2: Please seriously, Well, I would have forced my way into it anyway, because that's the kind of person I am. But I mean imagine being so up yourself and so entitled that you feel the need to say, excuse me, I'm a woman, please listen to me, Please step aside, blokes, I'm actually I'm actually cringing of secondhand embarrassment, to be quite frank a, Patricia carr vellis, because you're not actually just bringing yourself into disrepute as a journalist that you feel the need to say, I am demand to answer to ask the next question, but you're actually representing a brand, and therefore you're bringing the ABC into disrepute, which is hilarious because the ABC of course prides itself on gender equality, as we as we know. But what she's doing there is clearly show her bias, because I would ask Patricia carrvellis, would she go to a labor press conference and ask the same thing. Would she go face to face with Anthony Alberizi and demand that the Prime Minister asked get her to ask the question ahead of a bunch of men. I highly doubt that the gender card is actually so tiresome. I don't know if you find that as well. Freyer, but as a woman, to be to want to be listened to just because you're a woman is utterly pathetic. So well done, Patricia. You've embarrassed yourself again.
Speaker 5: But that's exactly the thing. How did gender have any role in this at all? And then the awkward moment when she had to tell the one female politician in the room to step aside so the bloke could answer the question. It's honestly so embarrassing, and this is why the ABC's viewership is declining. This is why the public is losing trust in them. Their coverage around the Voice was extremely biased. The majority of stories favored the yes case, whereas just twenty percent favored the no case. This is a consistent thing, and situations like this are emblematic of the ideological rot and decay within the ABC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we displayed publicly that exact point. I've got to be honest, I enjoyed that press conference because I found it so amusing. I've watched that clip several times now and every time it makes me smile, especially as you said, having won the right to ask one for the women. She then tells the woman move aside, I want to talk to the man. You honestly could not make that up.
Speaker 2: No, But also we played that clip for the audience. There were so many female reporters that actually got to ask multiple questions. And you know what, and I would know this as a formal reporter myself. Sometimes you rock up to these press conferences and you might be the only female reporter, or there might be only one male reporter. It doesn't mean that I would say, no, excuse me, can we just stop this press conference because the one male reporter would like to ask his question as well. It's just, honestly, it's time and embarrassing, and she's made an absolute fool of herself. But look, let's move on. Because the divorce between the Nats and the Liberal Party has been put on hold. In fact, they are undergoing marriage counseling. And look it's good news, thank goodness, that they are coming together to try and sort this out. They've announced that they will try and negotiate a pathway forward to reunite the coalition. And it's a really good thing. Otherwise we are going to be stuck with this Labor Party for a very long time under a broken renewable system. A trillion dollars in debt, were already going broken backwards a big Australia, and I mean, gosh, that's only just the beginning. But National's leader David little Proud said this morning that he paused this split after receiving a surprise phone call from Liberal leader Susan Lee.
Speaker 4: I got a text out of blue early this morning from Susan to come around to her office and have a conversation. And I went and had a conversation with her, and she made it clear that she would pause announcing a shadow cabinet. What she would do is call a party room meeting of the Liberal Party to discuss those four policy areas that she couldn't give us a guarantee on what. Susan Lee made a decision to change that around. And while I accepted that, I just want to ask for those four to remain now.
Speaker 2: Of course, the main four of those topics is nuclear energy policy seems to be what is dividing and causing this split right now. And I've been saying this for the last week and I maintained this that Susan Lee should have accepted those four options. They she should have accepted it from the beginning, particularly nuclear policy, given that she actually backed nuclear policy under Peter Dutton when she was the Deputy Liberal Leader. But here's where it gets a little bit more complicated now because now there has been a leaked letter which was sent from Senator Bridget mackenzie National Senator Bridget Mackenzie to MICHAYLEEA. Cash and it actually reveals that the coalition split was sparked by internal tension over center Nampa Jimper Prices defection to the Liberals. Now, the letter was sent to Michaleea Cash eight days before that breakup, and I'll read you a part of what it said. It said it is understood Senator Nampajym for prices defection to sit in the Liberal Party room is associated with the overtures from the Liberal Party and an intention to stand for a leadership position in the parliamentary Liberal Party. As a result of her defection, together with a severe drop in Liberal Party vote in New South Wales from one July twenty twenty five, the Nationals will only hold four seats in the Senate. Losing party status in the Senate would have significant implications for the National Senate team as well as the wider coalition. Now, I mean it's hardly surprising. And unfortunately for Senator Nampajim for Price, of course, she didn't get a leadership position after that leadership vote a few days ago. But gee, the fact that they're now leaking against each other, this is a disaster. They have to come back to the table on this, and they've got to come back pretty quickly to put trust back into the Australian public because obviously there's a lot of voters are out there that are very disgruntled with the coalition at the moment. And then their policies were at home, particularly in the last few weeks of the election campaign, it really was policy on the run. And now again, what exactly do they stand for? I think the Nats seem to have a clear policy way forward. The Liberals are still in limbo discussing it. But they've got to come together pretty quick. And the coalition, of course, of the so called Conservatives freyer, but they've lost their way and the future of Conservative politics, in my view, really depends on the coalition actually sorting themselves out.
Speaker 5: No one is winning from this divorce. No one is winning from this breakup. It is not beneficial to anyone. I think it's putting David Little Prown in a really difficult position because there was also another interesting development in the story where last night Bridget mackenzie on the ABC said that the rewriting the party rules to essentially remove shadow cabinet solidarity was not a sticking point in the co being unable to come to an agreement. But then this morning David Little Proud appeared to backtrack those comments and said that it was something that was discussed with Susan, which is what she's been saying the whole time, and why I thought we should give her the benefit of the doubt because breaking shadow ministerial solidarity would be chaotic and never work. So now I think David Little Proud is in a really tough position where all of a sudden, his back benches and shadows are turning around and saying, were you actually telling us the whole truth throughout these negotiations. But then it's also not great for Susan because if she can't unite the coalition then it's all over. So really it's a recipe for disaster. Get back together, guys, and let's move on.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused, so David said, and then Susan said, yeah, Bridget got involved, and then there was an interview on the ABC with Sarah Ferguson, and then Susan said to them that the producers that married at First Sight dream of a strip like this. And for all the damage that the liberals have done with their idea that you know, everything's on the table, we don't know what we believe at the moment, for all of that, it's worse now because they just look like an absolute rabble. If you're going to have a breakdown, at least do it privately. But going on television every five minutes to update the reporters on well, you know, Susan and I haven't spoken. Oh, actually I've got a text from Susan earlier today. I mean, honestly, it's like Facebook, where people go on and tell all their relationship dramas and everybody has their two cents worth. It's just embarrassing. And they'll come back together, of course they will, they have to, But the damage they do to their own credibility with this public squad sought your relationship differences out in private.
Speaker 2: Well, it's making you know, and I hate to say this is actually making Anthony ARBENEZI look really good at the moment, No wonder he's out there. Every press opportunity he's had in the last week, the man is smiling. The man is absolutely beaming. Of course he is, because he has a united Party and he is not dealing with all sorts of nonsense. It's like high school rubbish. And the fact that they're leaking against each other now as well.
Speaker 1: Right before we went on air, Paul Murray, just before we came on, he said, Hey, have a look at the Sidney Morning Herald tomorrow. They've got an article that's headlined how the ABC became a surprise mediator in the coalition's separation and so now the ABC acclaiming credit for you know, well, they've had different people on televisions telling their side of the story, and that way they're communicating via the media, that's the worst thing you can do.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was Patricia carve Ellish, Maybe it was Carvellis she got to ask a question, it was her mediation.
Speaker 5: Perhaps, well, whoever it was, this whole situation is just so embarrassing for everyone involved.
Speaker 6: Please, guys, let's fix this and move on.
Speaker 5: Let's also move on to America now, where there have been some really interesting meetings happening in the White House. You might remember a couple of months ago Trump confronted Zelenski in the whole world was in shock. Well he's done it again, this time with the President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaposa, and he confronted him over the violence being inflicted on white farmers in his country. Now, I want to show you a clip of what Trump showed the president in the White House. He asked one of his staffers to dim the lights, turned on a TV and.
Speaker 6: This is what he confronted the president with.
Speaker 2: Turn the lights down.
Speaker 3: Turn the lights down.
Speaker 1: This film a montage of rallies held by the Communist Opposition Party chanting for the deaths of white farmers.
Speaker 5: It's pretty disturbing that the eff the Economic Freedom Fighters. They are one of the major parties in South Africa and they openly call for the killing of white South Africans bors or africaan. Now Trump has granted refugee visas to white farmers so they can escape this violence. But when Cyril Ramaposa was talking about those who have fled the violence against white South Africans, he laughed and joked about them being cowards.
Speaker 7: None of us ever having to want to run away to another country for fictional reasons that we are being persecuted. We are united in diversity, and none of us should ever feel that they have lost courage, that they've now become cowards and want to run. Once play once said Africanas.
Speaker 5: Now he might say they're cowards, but listen to what the head of the EFF is chanting in a stadium with around one hundred thousand people all going along with it. Now he's chanting, there kill the farmer. I don't think that you're a coward if you want to escape a country where a major political leader is calling for your death. But to make this whole situation worse. While Cyril Ramaposa is downplaying this as misinformation, he actually is a supporter of the EFF because the leader of this political party, Julius Malemma, used to be in the ANC, and back in twenty eighteen, Ramaposa said this. He said he would love to welcome Malemma back into the ANC.
Speaker 6: He is still ANC deep down.
Speaker 5: In his heart, so he cannot claim he has no idea what's going on. He cannot claim this is not serious. This is a direct threat to white farmers, but honestly to everyone, because crime in South Africa under this corrupt and useless government is going crazy. It's so so disturbing, guys. And to see this playdown and ignored by the left wing media, I think is shocking.
Speaker 1: Trump is a very I mean it goes without saying he's a very unique world leader. But his willingness to just call out other world leaders when they visit him in the Oval Office must have people like Anthony Albanezi, for example, shaking in their boots. Do you really want to go to visit Trump because he'll just call things out. This is a man who they tried to jail, they tried to bankrupt him, they tried to shoot him. He's got nothing to protect because he's almost lost everything anyway, and so he's just calling people out, and good on him. What's amazing is when Trump calls out what is blatant racism in South Africa. And I've been to South Africa many times. I love the country, love the people, but boy, white people really do live in fear of their lives in many parts of the country. Trump calls that out and all he gets is criticism. Have I listened to this NBC journalist too. Right after those very confronting videos that Freyer just showed us, immediately the lights go up again. You'd think journalists would ask questions, what's really going on in South Africa? Is this really happening? Is this true? South African President? What do you have to say? But instead this was the first question that was asked.
Speaker 8: Okay announced it would be sadly Victorian jabs be used as era or.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about it?
Speaker 1: You know, you to get out of here.
Speaker 3: What does this have to do with the guitar jet they're giving the United States for us, said jet? Okay, and it's a great thing. We're talking about a lot of other things. It's NBC trying to get off the subject of what you just saw.
Speaker 2: You are a real you know, you're a terrible.
Speaker 1: Reports fair enough. Now, Trump talked about a genocide of white farmers. People now quibbling over, well, what's the definition of a genocide, which raises the question how many white farmers would you like to die before we can call it a serious issue. Trump made some other comments which may or may not have been exactly factually correct. The point is, however, that the South African government started with a policy where they would encourage white farmers to sell their properties to black farmers. Then when white farmers were reluctant to do that, the South African government passed a law saying that they would have the power to simply take land off white farmers and reallocate it without any compensation. Those questions are worth being asked, and the fact that so many criticized Trump for bringing up this topic is very, very revealing.
Speaker 2: I was really surprised by the left wing media's response to this. Everyone's saying how rude Donald Trump is, how dare he bring it up? That he's a terrible leader. Hey, this is a man who is actually willing and open to speak about something without fear or favor, while many world leaders actually hide behind the topic. They don't want to bring it up, they're not interested. I honestly think this is one of the most incredible moments in political history, and Donald Trump really is the leader of our times. And good on him for having the guts and courage to look Rabbit Posa in the eyes and ask him what on earth is going on? Because he's actually gotten away with it for so long. He's not speaking up about it over in South Africa, and how refreshing to have a world leader who's not scared. It's interesting that video that he played him actually went for five minutes. Can you imagine the tension in that press briefing room while everyone would have just sat there in shock as the lights were dimmed and Donald Trump played that video that went for five minutes. I mean, I can only imagine what Rabbi Posa was was thinking. White farmers. The reality is is, as we've been saying, white farmers are actually being killed in such barbaric ways. And the problem is it's a racist taboo topic, which it just it absolutely shouldn't be. I mean, people are so scared for their lives over there, and the mainstream media even over there is largely covering it up as well that they don't want to talk about it. I do wonder, though, will world leaders be skeptical, as you said, James, to go to the White House to want to this is the second dressing down. But good on Donald Trump. I mean he gave it to Zelenski. Whether or not people agree with that or not, in the end, he was willing to say no, enough is enough. You're not putting an end to the Ukraine War. We need a pullback. We can't keep giving you military aid when this war experts say that it's simply unwinnable. And now he's taking on rubber Posa. So you know what, good on him. Is not afraid of confrontation.
Speaker 1: You know the other thing about that press conference is that when Trump confronted Ramoposa, Remoposa's response was, well, it's not just white to the getting lots of blacks are being killed as well. Imagine being the leader of a country and your defense is well, it's not just whites. Blacks are being killed as well. Everybody's being killed. That's the best he could do. Absolute shambles the ANC in South Africa. Trump wasn't only calling out the murders of white farmers in South Africa today. He was also calling out an automobile feature that causes you and I I'm sure you at home will be frustrated as I am with this feature. You know, the on off start stop button on your car that you come up to a set of lights or you stop in traffic and the engine automatically shuts down and then it only restarts when you put your foot on the accelerator. It's one of the most frustrating parts of modern motor vehicles. Will Trump has promised to get rid of it. The US Environmental Protection Agency boss Lee Zelden put out a tweet today saying, start stop technology where your car dies at every red light. Company's got a climate participation trophy. EPA approved it, and everyone hates it, So we're fixing it. He is what he had to say today.
Speaker 9: EPA a little over a dozen years ago, about thirteen years ago, approved an off cycle credit for this feature, and a lot of Americans over the course of the last dozen years have grown in frustration as they've had this experience where you're going to a red light and your car is stopping. Maybe if it saves a little bit and gas.
Speaker 2: What is it doing to my starter?
Speaker 1: Was it doing to my engine?
Speaker 9: Is is it safe?
Speaker 1: I don't know how many times I've been at lights and that feature has kicked in and I want to get away quickly and realize the engines turned itself off. Start it all over again. Many of the claims have been revealed to be quite bogus regarding the emissions reductions that are achieved by this feature of the Australian Automobile Association did a federal government funded study not long ago and found eight out of twenty one cars that they tested recorded fuel consumption that was eight to thirty one percent higher than had been advertised, and emissions were similarly way out of kilter from what was achieved in the laboratory and then achieved in real driving experience. Beyond that, I think it's quite unsafe sometimes, and car manufacturers are using this to somehow claim that their cars are green, that they achieved better emissions outputs, and clearly it's a wrought that drivers hate. It's not achieving very much. The juries out on whether it makes much difference, get rid of it.
Speaker 6: Well, I understand it.
Speaker 5: If you're sitting in New York City traffic for twenty minutes at a standstill, then yeah, it makes sense to have your engine turned off. But the reality is for most of us driving on suburban roads, we're just not sitting idly for long enough to actually justify the entire engine turning off and then the entire engine turning on. And there are also extra parts you need to have this function in cast, so when you calculate the extra cost from producing those parts, the emissions from those parts, the maintenance, everything. I really don't see how this stacks up for the vast majority of people.
Speaker 2: No, it's just a real gold sticker for the eco zell At warriors. Really. It was interesting because this feature, this on off feature, was introduced by the Obama administration, So I mean, say no more. I'm sure that Donald Trump is probably going, yes, I'm finally I'm getting rid of it. But of course then these sorts of vehicles then spread to Europe and also back here in Australia. But at the time of introducing the feature, which was actually incentivized in the form of tax credits over there in the United States, it was claimed that the move would cut fuel use and costs and emissions. However, as you pointed out, James, and it's actually been shown in the US data on whether it actually achieves that are not is rather inconclusive. So goodness beed knows why bother with it. But I just think there is nothing worse than when you are at the lights and you're waiting to go and you can't accelerate properly. And this is a problem with these eco vehicles. I mean, it's not just that sort of a vehicle. When you're in a tesla, you've got to sit there and you've got to wait for the thing to charge up. It just seems so counterintuitive and it just completely wastes so much time. So again, well done. Donald Trump is taking on absolutely everything that he possibly can and now going after these sorts of cars.
Speaker 1: Should the lights rev the engine, I'm not want to move.
Speaker 2: I want to go. I want to go quicker. So now look, speaking of over in the United States, we know that Donald Trump's been very swift when it comes to gender ideology, male and female, but also saying that if you are a biological male, then you cannot compete in women's sports. However, there's been a bit of an issue on a high school track meet in southern California where a biological male competing in a jump competition actually won it, meaning that a biological female and everybody else who is a female was coming second, third, fourth, and fifth. Now, this woman has spoken out about it. The woman who came second, her name is Katie McGinnis, and she's spoken about how tough it was for her because really, what could she do when she was going up against a man. This is what she said.
Speaker 8: I tried to keep my focus last Saturday and kind of treat it like any other normal meat. However, on my third jump, I watched Abe do their jump and the numbers on the screen lit up to eighteen feet two inches, which was the furthest mark of that day. I ran down the runway and I landed, and I watched the measure of my mark and it was eighteen nine and I just remember thinking that there was nothing else that I could do, that that was it. And you know, I'm a high school senior, and you know, winning CIF has always been a goal of mine, and I wasn't able to compete with someone who is genetically different than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel for a once again, a biological male is being protected by woke gender ideology, and a biological male takes pleasure from crushing the dreams and hopes as we've just heard there from a female who has been training and trying their whole lives. Now you can see here on the podium in the middle there is the trans the biological male, and then second and third place obviously the women of the competition. Now look what it says here, and look we've seen this around the world. We saw it, of course in the Olympic Games, when a biological male with x Y chromosomes one in the female boxing. It says that men's feelings are more important than women's safety. It says that men's feelings are more important than a woman's right to a fair and even game. But the question is, and this is the hardest question of our time, of course, what is a woman? That's the problem. And once upon a time it was just so easy to answer. But now suddenly, years after years and years of warped ideology, if you're born with male genitals, well suddenly then you're a woman. But what's really disturbing is that it is protected and defended by these sporting institutions where they don't seem to actually care about young girls. They don't care about women because men do not belong in women's sports. Yet the more that they are protected by the misogynistic sporting left, than every single time these men will always claim victory over women.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to see some female competitors speaking out against it, because for so long female competitors have been afraid to say anything less they be ostracized by their sporting association. We heard from Katie McGinnis there, but reyes Hogan, who finished second in the triple jump to the transgendered athlete jumped up on the podium and got photos standing on the winner's position just to prove the point that she should have been there. Then of course had to be relegated to second up. Trump made a proclamation when he came to the presidency that the federal government would no longer allow transgendered athletes in women's sports, But of course the Californian law is different, and the Athletics Association said they will defy the Trump order, so this now well may end up in the courts. Gavin Newsom, the Californian governor, he has said that we must protect girls' sports, but done nothing to change the Californian law. So this is something that will play out over the next few years, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: And I read that the Athletics Federation that organized this competition where a biological male was allowed to beat their female competitors, is already under investigation under Title nine, which is the protecting men's and women's spaces as separate, equal opportunity, and so they are already under investigation. But this is what we have seen throughout the Trump presidency a lot of Democrats states where the left has really captured these institutions. They don't want to follow the federal law, and they will do basically anything they can to flout it, including put girls in the firing line and sacrifice girls safety and success. And I feel particularly bad for this girl, Katie, because she's in her senior year, so last year in school. This was going to be the pinnacle of her athletic achievement, winning this competition, and yet the adults in charge in the room have not acted like adults. They have not protected her right to compete fairly. I think that is just outrageous. But let's move on to another really shocking case as well. A ninety three year old was assaulted by police officers and died in hospital twenty two days later after contracting COVID.
Speaker 6: Now I should on you.
Speaker 5: This footage we're going to show you is quite distressing.
Speaker 2: We don't hurt you, don't be silly.
Speaker 10: Put on the floor, police.
Speaker 2: Officer with the taser. Put it down, Just throw on floor.
Speaker 4: Just pop it down for me on the blow.
Speaker 10: Pop it on the floor.
Speaker 8: Put it down, don't old, put it down.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I'll get it.
Speaker 11: Good on.
Speaker 10: Put it down, yeah, don't hold down, put it down.
Speaker 2: Taser.
Speaker 6: It's absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 5: It's a ninety three year old man sitting down in a chair with a kitchen knife, and they pepper spray him and then they taser him. I honestly, I don't understand why they couldn't just walk up to the man and grab the knife.
Speaker 6: Surely these are police officers.
Speaker 5: Aren't they trained to disarm people in the street who are actual threats. How are they resorting to tasering a ninety three.
Speaker 1: Year old It wasn't just a ninety three year old man, and it wasn't just a ninety three year old man sitting down. It was a ninety three year old man sitting down with only one leg holding a button knife. It all started when he'd been flicking food now other people in the nursing home. Then when he was told to stop, he flicked food at some of the staff. And then when they tried to take the butt knife off him, he did jab it into the stomach of one of the staff. So they called the police, and then as you saw there, the police pepper sprayed him, then hit him with a baton and then finally tasered him. As a result of the tasering, he went to hospital where he contracted COVID and died twenty two days later. There's now a court case in the UK. You know, they say the mark of the civilives society as how they treat their most vulnerable. And the most vulnerable in any society are the unborn and the elderly. And if this is the way we're treating our elderly, and when I say we, you'll, of course when you saw that footage be reminded that we saw something quite similar here in this country back in twenty twenty three when Claire Noland, a ninety five year old great grandmother, died after being tasered by New South Wales police. Now the police officer responsible was found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to two years community correction. But in the UK, I mean, what are we offering elderly people these days? So you can either be tasered or they'll invite you to be euthanized. That seems to be your options for police to resort to that. I mean they could have just let him fall asleep in his room.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you know when you watch that vision and you hear him screaming at the end in pain. It is actually extremely distressing. And you're right, he had one leg only he's certainly his demeanor is not threatening. He's ninety three years years old. Probably doesn't you know, he probably doesn't have his full wits about him anymore. The fact that that that they resorted to tasering him, I think speaks more about the sort of training that police are getting. I think it goes to your point earlier, Freyer, why didn't they just grab the knife out of him? That the man was not holding it in a threatening way. He wasn't going up to them, he wasn't standing up, he wasn't pointing it at them, And I just think it's so so sad, but it does. It reminds you of what happened here with Claire Nowland and in this case, the thirty five year old officer when he tased her, he said, nah, bugger it before tasering at her chest. It just shows such lack of respect for the elderly. And you know, you just actually really felt, really it's awful watching that video of him. I think it just really is just disgusting. And those police officers should they should be sacked. In my opinion, I think that is a sackable offense.
Speaker 1: It seems like UK police officers are never armed until they're called to a nursing home. Give Mitch case, Suddenly they're armed to the back teacher.
Speaker 2: And there's so much crime in the UK as well, and that is their priy.
Speaker 1: You know. And you mentioned police training, but also this is an issue here in Australia with the clear Nowland episode, the training of nursing home staff that they need to call the police to come and deal with a ninety five year old great grandmother or a one legged ninety three year old man. I mean, really, you've got to call police for that.
Speaker 5: They've got to get some Israelis in to teach them krav magah. That'll teach you how to disarm anyone instantly. And I'm sure they could take down a ninety three year old. But speaking of Israelis, a member of a popular Irish band has been charged by British police with a terror offence for waiving a has Bala flag. He's also under investigation for chanting at one of his concerts up Hamas up Hasbla and allegedly encouraging people to kill lawmakers. Pretty shocking stuff. But you might remember this Irish band Kneecap because they were also in Australia a couple months ago and at their Melbourne concert the severed head of a statue of King George rocked up on stage Melbourne.
Speaker 3: This used to belong there, a statue of j George. It's the first ever royal analia and Jerny I a little bit of last.
Speaker 5: So there seems to be an interesting link here between radical activists, anti empire, anti colonial ideology and.
Speaker 6: Being pro terror. It's really funny, isn't it.
Speaker 1: And of course, having been charged with terror offenses for waving a his Balaf flag, they're now say they are the victims of government persecution. The government just want to stop them from getting their message to young people. Well on that I would support the government from stopping them up poising the minds of young people. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including a number of students assaulting New South Wales teachers. Has gone through the roof all of that and more in just a moment. Welcome back, let's take a look at tomorrow's headlines. Free You've got the Australian. They've got a story there. As you would imagine, on that tragic killing.
Speaker 12: Of the two Jewish diplomats in DC, A young couple who worked together at the Israeli Embassy in Washington was shot dead at close range near a Jewish museum in the cultural heart of the US capital by a thirty year old man who, when taken into.
Speaker 5: Custody, shouted, free, Free Palestine. Honestly, it was just a matter of time. The Israeli ambassador to America sketched out the depth of the tragedy, noting that Iran Lishinski had bought a ring with the intention of proposing to his girlfriend, Sarah Milgram. The pair were going to get engaged when they traveled to Jerusalem next week. The ambassador yehier Leiter described the two staffers, whose identities were confirmed by Israeli officials, as a beautiful couple. It is honestly, just an absolutely heartbreaking story to witness such young life senselessly taken over delusional political ideologies.
Speaker 6: But there was also a.
Speaker 5: Witness at the scene who incidentally offered the murderer a glass of water, not knowing what he had just done.
Speaker 11: Listen to this, and when I arrived in the lobby, there was commotion and a frenzy, but at that time we were not No one was.
Speaker 6: Aware of lives lost.
Speaker 11: The gunshots were Security started locking the doors, and that is when I saw whom I now know.
Speaker 8: Is the perpetrator, the murderer of these.
Speaker 11: This is really a Jewish couple.
Speaker 6: I see him.
Speaker 11: He seems very distraught. I now understand it's because he killed two People's point. Link offered him water, he accepted. I then handed him the water. The second doctor I've handed him the water, he whips out his cathea and yellsbree Palestine, and then he's subdued by the officers on scene. I can't recall if that was DC police or museum security.
Speaker 5: I guess it was only a matter of time when the streets week after week a filled with people chanting all zion as the terrorists from the river to the sea globalize the Intafada, Well, at some point someone is going to act on that, and that is exactly what's happened.
Speaker 2: James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, many of these people seem to sympathize, sympathize with terrorists, and now one has become a terrorist in himself. And you know, as you said, it's not surprising. Even in the last couple of days we've had the United Nations propagating the idea that fourteen thousand babies will die in the next forty eight hours if Israel don't get baby food into Gaza. That has since proved to be an absolute lie. It was based on a study that was not talking about only babies, it was not talking about everybody dying, and it was talking about a time period of twelve months, not forty eight hours. And yet this was reported by the BBC, the ABC here in Australia, SBS in Australia, the Guardian, and after it was revealed to be a massive beat up. Do you think any of those publications have issued a retraction. No, they haven't. And then we see things like this and you wonder why did people get to a point where they were willing to kill Well, there's so many lies told about Israel. The Jewish state is demonized so badly. Is that anyone that eventually people take up arms. A lot of people have got a lot of accounting to do for the way that they have misrepresented Israel and spoken about what's happening in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's it's actually very scary because we've often said, even here in Australia, what is it going to take for even our authority, is just our politicians and law authorities to actually do something on this. Is it going to take the depths of Jews, of innocent Jews for them to go Actually, Okay, we've got a problem with anti Semitism in this country. Well you need to look no further. It's is what has happened here, because if we don't start cracking down, we don't start protecting Jewish Australians. And I really hate to say it, but something like this could happen on home soil.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the true face of the Free Palestine movement and it's been revealed now. Another story in the Australian heritage deal to avert next Duken, the long opposed leading advocates for First Nation's Native title protection and the mining sector have reached an accord on heritage protection reforms five years after the Duke and Gorge disaster. The First Nation's Heritage Protection Alliance and the Minerals Council of Australia will reach a historic agreement on Friday over those terms for long promised federal heritage law reform in an attempt to streamline industrial growth while safeguarding Indigenous history. Now, this has been a contentious area. We've seen huge mind projects delayed. We've seen the fabrication of indigenous history and culture to put massive nationally significant projects on hold. I think it's good that they're finally coming to terms with this and I guess reconciling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, especially in Western Australia. This is really important for the mining industry over in the West. But something had to be done. We know what happened here in New South Wales with the blamey mind when Tania Plibasset came in and said, no, we can't do that. Look, obviously it's good to consult, you've got you want to make it, you want to do this properly, but it also stops, you know, a rainbow serpent being declared in every single part of this country. So look good that they've tried to come to some sort of a resolution.
Speaker 1: Yep. Absolutely, let's go to New South Wales. The Daily Telegraph, of course, reporting on those devastating flow UDDs that are currently being experienced. Killer floods devastate the North, cold, wet heartache, reads the headline, and the article tells how three people have died, another was still missing last night, and thousands more have fled rising floodwaters across the Mid North Coast, where some communities were hammered with a month of rain in just twenty four hours. Chris Mins, the Premiere has warned the worst was yet to come, with major downpours and cruelly savage winds predicted in the coming days. The devastating rainfront was last night headed south towards Sydney. You've got to pay tribute to a lot of the work done by emergency services who, as you can see on your screen, have been rescuing people who have been trapped by floodwaters. Not just getting in on Rubbadinghy's but we've seen many helicopter rescues as well. Police have done a great job under very trying circumstances. But that much rain in twenty four hours is absolutely devastating. And I guess everyone's prayer is that three dead, that's three too many people. But I guess our prayer is that no more people with lives lost, and that from here on in they can get through this and no more damage done.
Speaker 5: It would also be great if we could send some of this rain down south. It's like half the country is either flooding and the other half in extreme drought.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Yeah, no, you're absolutely right. Let's move on now to the Adelaide Advertiser. Their headline is read write and bash students as young as primary school age accord in an explosion of campus violence, including as shocking growth and attacks by pupils on teachers, violence, bullying, and weapons at public schools have surged across the state, with critical incidents reported by school staff rising by almost one thousand in the past year to more than fourteen thousand cases. I am absolutely flabbergacid like this in what is going on with these kids that they feel the need to attack teachers, that they feel the need to attack kids. Are the kids in general, I mean to rise by one thousand in the last year alone. I don't know what's going on. Are these kids troubled? What is going on at home? But I actually think this is a frightening statistic.
Speaker 5: Well, we do know from OECD data that we have some of the worst behave classrooms in the world, so it is shocking. And on that similarly disturbing crime theme, moving over to the Cans Post, they have a headline which says hospital considers adjusting opening hours as health staff rocked.
Speaker 6: Healthcare workers in.
Speaker 5: Far North Queensland are being attacked with rocks by youths using slingshots as staff call for armored vehicles to take them to and from work. Teams have been targeting vehicles traveling in and out of Yarraba, sixty kilometers from cans, with Indigenous leaders and corporations condemning the attacks. This is absolutely shocking.
Speaker 1: You've got two interesting stories in the papers tomorrow. You've got the violence in schools that we spoke about in the Adelaide Advertiser. You've got hospital staff being attacked in Far North Queensland. The interesting thing is we've got a shortage of people wanting to teach in schools and it's really hard to get people to go to North Queensland, especially to indigenous communities where help is needed. But people don't want to go there any wonder we've got shortages in those two areas.
Speaker 2: I mean, they got so desperate. At one point they even had a campaign to try and get retired principles and retired teachers back to the classrooms. When you read stuff like this, why on earth would you ever want to go back to the workforce for no wonder they've got a complete shortage and the fact that they're using slingshots and they're calling for armored vehicles. I mean, what is going on in society? But again, what's going on at home? What's happening with the parents? You've got sorry, but you have to ask what on earth is going on with the parents.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting point because you look at how bad it is and you have to say, well, you don't go from nothing to that. There's a whole lot of incremental step and so what have we allowed? What have we turned a blind eye to? What have we excused that's allowed things to escalate to a point where now we say, what are we going to do? We refuse to address little problems and now we've got big problems that we don't know how to address. We're going to go to a break when we come back. A teeth whitening company accused of racism because well, they want to make your teeth white. Well, should you shower in the morning or at night? It's the perennial debate. But science may have an answer to Nikah.
Speaker 2: Well, we'd love to say that science has an answer whether you shower at morning or at night. But guess what. Science unfortunately doesn't have an answer to it, because, according to an expert, this is what he says. Quote, showering at night may remove some of the allergens sweat and oil picked up during the days, so less ends up on your bed sheets. However, even if you're freshly showered before bed, you still sweat at night. On the other hand, he says, morning showers can help to remove dead skin cells, sweat, and bacteria from your body that you may have picked up during the night. Well, that doesn't really give us an answer at all, does it. Morning or night. It's still you can still got bacteria, You've still got sweat. A like a morning shower. Personally, I'm a night shower.
Speaker 5: I must confess the idea of going your whole day. You accumulate all this grit and dirt from the outside world, and then you're just going to cozy up in your clean sheets and contaminate them with all the outside bacteria. No, thank you, don't come into my bed if.
Speaker 2: You haven't showered.
Speaker 1: It seems like the answer is you have to shower in the morning and at night, and you need to wash your sheets every single day.
Speaker 2: That's how it's basic hygiene.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought, I am I am not human until I've had a shower in the morning. Theyven talk to me into my shower coffee and it's like ten thirty am.
Speaker 2: But if I've got if I've gone out at night, I like to go and have a shower before I go to bed as well, because you do feel gross?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did the shell wakes you up?
Speaker 2: No? This is hot shower. It's nice.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, okay, there's room for both. We'll compromise. But moving on to mel, a popular teeth whitening brand's latest ad has been criticized and left the public totally stunned. Their slogan has made it onto the side of public transport, emblazoned with the phrase make the white choice today Now. Critics online have said the slogan didn't just magically slip through the cracks, It passed through multiple layers of approvals and no one flagged how radically loaded. This phrase is people are reading into the racist undertonement and deep held a systemic bias against minorities because of this teeth whitening brand.
Speaker 6: I think it's complete over.
Speaker 1: You see racism in that it says more about you than it does about the marketing campaign or about the company itself. If a teeth whitening company can't say we want to make your teeth white without being accused of racism, just give it up.
Speaker 2: What's what's white? Should you be ashamed to be white? Well?
Speaker 1: I don't understand because the implication is that white is I know that, but doesn't matter, really doesn't matter. It is what it is unless you're obsessed with race, and then it's the only thing that matters. That's it from us. We're going to take off, but to stick around because coming up in just a moment is to read a penny in show good Night