Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 4: Oh plus we talk a lot about ourselves too.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, do you keep your potatoes in an ice cream container under the sink?
Speaker 3: It is the burning question of the day.
Speaker 2: Please respond in add anything to that? Deal Me and Dole Let's go.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Good morning. I'm really exciting news that I think you're going to be really proud of me for what I have a regular sleeping.
Speaker 3: Pattern after all your Kylie touring.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it's like it was almost like jet lag.
Speaker 2: It like shocked me back into reality and all of a sudden, I'm not kidding, my body just naturally wakes me up.
Speaker 4: At around seven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Now far Yeah, And I wake up and I go, well, I better seize the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually was like, hang.
Speaker 4: On a second.
Speaker 2: I feel like when I wake up a little later, I feel like it takes me longer to do things, Whereas when I woke up at seven.
Speaker 3: Am, I got the whole day.
Speaker 2: I had everything done by eight thirty. Oh, I had done everything by eight three. I feel like when I wake up at like nine p thirty, everything's a rush to get out the door by ten. Yeah, obviously that makes so much sense. But anyway, I just thought that you're really proud of me.
Speaker 3: I am keep it up because the sleeping.
Speaker 2: Pattern is normal in quotation marks, because you know what is a normal sleeping pattern? True, but I thought you'd be proud of me, and we'll see how long it lasts. I feel like I'll be coming in next week going. Oh, I slept till two pm today.
Speaker 3: Oh great, I've come off the back of having influenza.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Thought I was gonna die.
Speaker 2: I don't realize it was that bad. I thought it was just a little bit of COVID or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that I got a COVID test, like one of those ones that you put up your nose, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But I didn't realize it was like a triple one.
Speaker 1: Of those COVID tests. So it was like a three in one, right, so it tests for COVID, influenza, and something else. I don't know what the third one's for, but it was literally like one of those white COVID tests, but three wide with three rows that either show up positive or negative. So it was positive for influenza A. And I've just been wiped out for the last five days.
Speaker 2: You still seem a bit stuffy.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 4: You are glowing though.
Speaker 2: I'm loving the glitter eyeshadow today.
Speaker 1: Than I would just put some little glitter on my eyes to fucking brighten my life up.
Speaker 2: But it's weird because you are someone who literally remember the last time you were sick. Well.
Speaker 1: I was just discussing this actually on my other podcast, Shout Out with Zander, my producer, and he he has this non scientific but conspiracy theory that when you're someone who like is go go go, and you have something in your life that you have no choice but to do it. So for in my example, like I have a business that I'm running and I have staff depending on me.
Speaker 3: He reckons, like, and I'm with him on this.
Speaker 1: It's like, your body just knows you can never get fucking sick. Yeah, because AJ and I both never get sick. But our staff dropped like flies. Like it feels like every five minutes people are sick.
Speaker 2: I think you might just have a good immune system better Nah.
Speaker 3: But let's make it a conspiracy.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, right, Sorry, when your body.
Speaker 1: Knows, when your body knows that you can't you can't get sick because you've got so much responsibility, it's just like, yeah, you're just fighting it off. Twenty four to seven year on Go Go Go went to Kylie got sick.
Speaker 3: But do you want to know what it was Kylie that did it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got off Kylie.
Speaker 2: No oak close, you may have no.
Speaker 1: So also on Big Business this morning, Xander made a confession to me. So, Xander is like the producer of my other podcasts that I do, and he came to Kylie with us. He came to our hotel room before oh No, and he admitted to me on my podcast this morning, Brittany, I think I got you sick, really because two days prior he went home sick from work and was not feeling good, and then he like built up the energy to come to Kylie and I shared.
Speaker 3: A drink with him.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there you go, because I was going to say we were in this hotel room, but I obviously spent less time with him because we had conjoined hotel rooms, which was so fun because we had.
Speaker 3: A door like a sleepover club door.
Speaker 2: Like it was so funny because we had our sleep of a club that the door was open in the middle, so like Britt was in her bed and we were still able to talk to each other and we're like, I going, but I was.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing for that. So the other night of Kylie, I know, we're still talking about Kylie. We need to move on. Yeah, yeah, But I.
Speaker 1: Got into my bed, you were in yours, and we got food when we got back from Kylie, and so we got heaps of food, like way too much, and I fell asleep, I don't know, one something, and you were still up for a bit and then I randomly woke up at like three thirty and I was like I could hear that you were still awake because we had the conjoined room.
Speaker 2: That's right, yeah, and I was like, are you still.
Speaker 3: Awake, like saying from my room, you go, yeah, I'm eating the burger.
Speaker 2: It had been sitting there for seven hours and I was like, yeah, I'm eating because I was staying at Olympic Park because there was no food anywhere. So I was like this burger that I had like half eaten. I was like, I'm not going to eat the rest of that. It's not even that good. It was like in the in the bag, like sitting like literally not even in the fridge, sitting out ready for collection.
Speaker 4: And I went, fuck, I better eat that. I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, like don't you wake up in the days?
Speaker 1: And I could see your light was on and I'm like, are you still yeah, I'm meeting the burger.
Speaker 4: Well anyway, good to have you back.
Speaker 3: Ye, good to be back.
Speaker 4: Jeers, everyone cheers to good health.
Speaker 3: Yes, please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about our royal flush of the week.
Speaker 3: What are you got?
Speaker 4: I don't know what are you got? Do you want to go a short one or a long one? Scrollers the short one.
Speaker 2: We don't tell each other our royal flushes, but like we do decide the shorter one goes first because the longer one could lead to more conversation.
Speaker 1: Mind short with that, and it's an anti royal flush. Actually, it's been a long time since I've had an anti royal flush, and it's that Another new season of Love is Blind has come out Netflix. For those of you that don't know, that's just one of my guilty pleasure shows. I've spoken about it a lot here on the pod. Similar to Maps, but way more American. So anyway, a new season has come out. I got so excited seeing that because I'm kind of over Maps because it's actually turned to trash, don't you think, Hannah, By the way, what the fuck this year?
Speaker 3: I'm off it. I'm just not even watching it.
Speaker 4: It's been really negative online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't watched any of Maths, but like I feel like I know everything anyway because everyone has put you see.
Speaker 1: It all over social media anyway, But anyway, that's a whole other topic. But anyway, another new season of Love is Blind is out. Because the way they do Love is Blind is they just go around to different cities in America and like they'll do Love is Blind Boston. So they come out with them more than once a year, and it was shit. Oh that's my my anti anti Royal Flush is the.
Speaker 4: New what made it? Shit?
Speaker 2: Boring?
Speaker 3: Boring, bad cast.
Speaker 1: They spent because for the first few episodes, I'm sure most people know how it works, but the first few episodes are always focused.
Speaker 3: On like the pods.
Speaker 1: Like on the blind dating part, they focused really heavily on this love triangle that was happening, and then none of those people spoiler alert, none of those people make it through to the honeymoon part. So like you get so invested in these this trio and this guy's trying to decide between these two girls, and then like they all don't pick each other anyway, and then they're not in the rest of the show. Like it was just just bad. So don't ever watch the current season.
Speaker 4: Oh so what's that season three?
Speaker 3: No, there's heaps.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know what one it is, but the one that's out now, it's the shittest one. Just shit couples, just crap. So that's my anti Royal Flush.
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you were anti Royal Flush. When you said anti Royal Flush, I thought you were actually going to talk about that anxiety song.
Speaker 4: Because you told me the other day that you hate it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you're like, oh, I'm going to do an anti royal flash, I was like, surely we're going to talk about the anxiety, so.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I can add that in as well.
Speaker 2: I hate it too, I feel bad, I can't stand. I also hate that cyclone song going look I get rid of it.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that anxiety song. Besides that little bit that everyone's doing that. I hate the fucking trend too. I hate the dancing.
Speaker 4: It's really cringe.
Speaker 3: I hate it. But just that my whole for you page every time I scroll and so mad he is watching me my anxiety.
Speaker 4: That's dope chy by the way, who I love.
Speaker 3: I don't know the song. I just know that bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know the song either about that bit, but it's enough to make me never want to listen to that song every month, Like the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the song could be good for all we know, but just that one bit. No. Along with the dancing trend.
Speaker 4: Also, Lil nas X has a new song coming out.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's this Friday, and it is like he samples hot in here by Nelly, and it sounds really really good.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be my entire personality. I think I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Also, just randomly, I know this is a royal flush section, but let's keep talking about music. Lady Gaga's album came out last week Mayhem. I listened to it and I fucking hated it, and I was like, this is, apart from Joanne, my worst album. I just was like, this is boring. This is so boring. And I was like, so, okay, I got my best friend Toby a record player for his birthday, and Okay, we're going on so many tangents right now.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's a point to this. And I got him a record.
Speaker 2: Player for his birthday and he now buys vinyls and stuff like that because he said, like a few months ago, he like mentioned like I really want to be one of those people who are like Bar's vinyls and stuff, but I don't want to spend all the money on a record player, like they're so expensive. And I was like, noted birthday present sorded, And so he loves it, and like now I'm like, I actually love a record player in my house. And then maybe I could buy vinyls as well, because it's like kind of camp. And then Lady Gaga's album was coming out, so I was like, I'm going to buy Mayhem as like my first.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy?
Speaker 1: For example, let's say Lady Hi Fi, So they come out with a vinyl for a new album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can pre order them online, like so it's basically a way to one get more sales and too just like something extra for fans.
Speaker 3: I guess kind of like merch.
Speaker 4: It is kind of merch.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's a way to one have a physical copy because we're living in a digital age obviously. But two, I feel like people can sometimes do some really cool stuff with their vinyls. So, for example, one of Lady Gaga's ones, because they do different variants. You know how Taylor Swift brought out like fifty different variants. They're different colors, so they'd be super fans who want to collect every single color, which obviously means more album sales and more money for her. So she's quite smart. But the Lady Gaga one one of the versions is when it spins on the record player, the pictures on it move and I don't know what you call that a effect, but you know that happens, so that's really cool. So I was like, I planned to do that, but I want to listen to the album first to make sure I love it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I hated it. I was like, what the bloody heck is.
Speaker 2: Going on in here today? What the bloody fucking heck is going on here today? I forget what I.
Speaker 4: Said that day.
Speaker 1: I find I can someone tell us that one episode when Matt said that it was the funniest.
Speaker 3: Thing in the world.
Speaker 4: The bloody fucking.
Speaker 3: Heck is going on in here today?
Speaker 4: The fucking bloody heck.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the heck.
Speaker 1: And floody beck anyway, What I will missus bock.
Speaker 2: What I will say is a few days. It took me a few days and I just thought, let me just force myself to listen to the album.
Speaker 4: Well, now I love it, don't I.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, because for anyone who doesn't know, my hierarchy is Kylie Minogue, number one, Lady Gaga and number two. So obviously had really high hopes. I remember Chromatica, her last album before this, Oh well, debatable. There were a few random releases in between there, like the Joker album, what the fuck was that? But Chromatica was such an out of body experience listening to that. It was right after we were in the first two weeks of Lockdown and she released this dance album, which obviously had been planned to be released before COVID, and I just remember both Sky and I put our headphones on at midnight and press play at the same time and listened to the whole album front to back. Yeah, because you know how I have my thing where I sit in the car and blast it. Well, we weren't allowed to leave the house, so I wasn't able to do that, and then it was just like I remember us like looking at each other with the headphones on so we couldn't speak, so we're just making facial expressions like how good the songs were and how good the album was, and how cohesive it was. Didn't get the same vibe from Mayhem, which was the whole point Mayhem, It's meant to be all.
Speaker 3: Over the shop that the new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but now I love it. So it's one of those things where maybe go to listen to it a few times before you really appreciate it. And as Taylor Swift fans always do they make everything about Taylor Swift and know what have they done? Well, there's a song on there that sounds very much like it could be from nineteen eighty nine. It's called how Bad Do You Want Me? And it actually starts very similar. If you play the first two seconds of how Bad Do You Want Me? By Lady Gaga and then the first five seconds of Gorgeous by Taylor Swift from Reputation, they're very similar. So now the Tailor Swift fans are like Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga collaboration coming on Reputation Taylor's version Oh My God, which I would die because at this current stage in my life it hasn't always been this way, but I think it would be Kylie Gaga Taylor Swift. It used to be beyond saying third place, but then there's been five albums there that I've gone bybe just give me more Crazy in Love.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she's doing, but anyway.
Speaker 2: Where was that going? What was my Royal Flush? I haven't even said my Royal flush yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Be gone off on another music tangent, Darling.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when I have a normal sleeping pattern. What I'm concise my brain works. Wait what was I saying before that? Records Mayhem before Mayhem? We got onto Mayhem for some reason.
Speaker 3: Oh, we were talking about the anxiety song.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea where I was going with this and the point was, but anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my royal the week is uh, the Wiggles brand new song. Okay, and yes, I mean that with my whole chest. My royal flash of the week. If you haven't heard, The Wiggles have released a new song called Friend of Dorothy, and it's a song that goes something along the lines of we can't play it for copyright reasons, but I'll try and sing it for you. It basically just says, where, well, friends of Dorothy? Anthony is a friend of Dorothy? Where a friend?
Speaker 3: What did you sound like?
Speaker 2: So obviously the song is referencing Dorothy the Day from the Wiggles, But I don't think straight people realize that there is a very ulterior I was gonna say ultiro motive, but there's an underlying meaning behind the song. So I actually asked in our broadcast channel last night because I wanted to talk about this and I was curious as to whether people knew what the term friend of Dorothy means. I asked, in the broadcast channel, let me get you the market research and the data for you. I asked, do you know what the term friend of Dorothy means? Eighty percent of people said no, they don't know what friend of Dorothy means. Twenty percent said yes, I'm assuming that's the girl's gays and days that are across the LGBTQIA plus spectrum or just really good allies. But eighty percent of people said in the broadcast channel they didn't know. Then I asked also to back that up, because I'll lead in with like I'll lead to this, when was the last time you watched The Wizard of Oz? About fifty seven percent of people said not since they were a child, And then the rest was split across like in the last fifteen years, in the past twelve months, and in the last five years, so it's been a while since a lot of people have watched The Wizard of Oz. First of all, before I get into this, I think you absolutely need to put in your calendar sometimes in the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: Please go and watch The Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 2: It's on stan I watched it about two three months ago with my best friend and my boyfriend, and.
Speaker 3: You said this in the pod.
Speaker 4: I think no, I said it in a TikTok. I made a TikTok about it.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe I did the pod and you were saying you didn't realize how fucked up it was.
Speaker 4: It's so fucked up. Yeah, okay, so I did say it on the pot.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm repeating myself because it leads into this friend of Doroth you think, I feel like you can see where this is going now. But basically, if you go and watch The Wizard of Oz, everyone's gay. The line is non binary, the tin Man is gay, the Scarecrow I'm thinking pan sexual. I don't know, but they are all on the spectrum. And everyone you meet, all the Munchkins, all the everyone, like Glynn is even a little bit less. Oh you know what I mean, Like everyone is a little bit queer. And this is where this term comes from, apparently. Now I did my research because I want us to talk about this. It is hard to find an origin for the term friend of Dorothy, because obviously gay men were living in secret at the time because it was illegal to be gay and you'd either be bashed, killed.
Speaker 4: Or put in jail.
Speaker 2: So there's no real origin as to where this came from, and people can also only assume that this is what it means. But this is kind of the meaning that it has been adopted by the term friend of Dorothy. So, as I said, gay men would ask each other, are you a friend of Dorothy? It was a safe way of asking if you're gay, because if it was a straight man who didn't know what that was, he'd go, what are you talking about. I don't know any Dorothys. But a gay man would go, oh, yeah, I'm a friend of Dorothy, and then that would be a way to me. No, So a friend of Dorothy obviously means are you a friend of Dorothy? As in the Dorothy the Wizard of Oz? Are you a friend of Dorothy? Are you a tin man?
Speaker 4: Are you a lion? Are you a scarecrow?
Speaker 2: Because they're all gay, and if you watch the Wizard of Oz, go back and watch the Wizard of Ours, they are all gay. It's actually so in your face, like it's not even like you watch and it's like subliminal. They are full on flaming homosexuals, like it's really in your face. And obviously the whole thing is so colorful and all the rest of that. But my royal flush is that the new song friend of Dorothy Gone listen to it. But I'm just concerned, not concerned, like it's really not a problem, but I'm just like, they've collaborated with Orvil Peck, who's like a country singer who is gay. He's out and proud, and he's collaborated on the song with them, and he sings on the song. And my thing is, I'm wondering if this was something that flew under the radar and no one knew, because eighty percent of people in the broadcast channel said they didn't know. So I'm thinking, and I don't know what the statistics are, but these days, one in five people identify as queer. Maybe it's one in three.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It used to be one in ten were gay, but now obviously we have so many other ways to define yourself, it might be more like one in five.
Speaker 4: So that checks.
Speaker 2: Four out of five people in the broadcast channel didn't know what this meant. So what I'm saying is if the Wiggles team has no queer people in it, or no queer people worked on this project, there is a huge chance that no one knew what Friends of Dorothy meant, meaning ovul Peck has trolled them all and gone, they've gone, we want to do a song with you, and Avl's gone, let's do a song called friends of Dorothy, and no one's picked up on it. I can't figure that out, Like, I mean, we'll probably never know, But that's my You spoke about conspiracy theories. This is my conspiracy theory. I'm thinking, does anyone at Team Wiggles know that when they're saying singing Anthony's a friend of Dorothy, you're saying Anthony's a flaming homosexual?
Speaker 4: And I just don't know.
Speaker 1: Surely someone there knows, Like there can't be a chance that well, I just.
Speaker 4: We will probably never know.
Speaker 2: But I did listen to the lyrics as well to like I literally sat there and listened to the song about four times last night to figure out whether there were any other nods in the song to gay culture or anything like that. They do say there's like there's like the bridge is that the bridge at the bit before the last chorus, the bridge between a verse and a chorus, they sing lyrics that are like Dorothy, what's the tea?
Speaker 4: Darrothy, what's the tea?
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, why am.
Speaker 3: I getting Miranda sing?
Speaker 2: But if you listen to the song, we can't play it on the podcast.
Speaker 4: But if you listen to the song, this is how they sing it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to listen to this.
Speaker 4: But they yeah, they sing like what's the tea?
Speaker 2: Which obviously is a very popular slang term, but again it's been adopted, I guess from it started from you know, it was derived from African American vernacular English and then adopted by the gay community, and now straight people say what's the tea as well, So like everybody's saying what's the tea? Everybod's saying sleigh all the rest of it. So I can't work out whether this is meant to be an inclusive song.
Speaker 4: Or awful.
Speaker 2: Peck has gone, yeah, mate, let's you a song called Friends of Dorothy, because you've got Dorothy a dinosaur and it's.
Speaker 4: Been one big funny thing.
Speaker 2: And I just don't think that straight people or mums and dads listening to this song, or anyone realizes that the song is actually gay gay lgbt qia pass.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure if we put up a video on TikTok of us asking everyone, it'll cause a ruckus in the comments, I know.
Speaker 3: So we'll find out.
Speaker 2: We'll do that and we'll let you out at.
Speaker 3: The Wiggles please respond.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need a statement from the Wiggles plays. We demand a statement.
Speaker 1: Well, something that I saw which should be common sense, but I've never thought of it, and a lot of other people hadn't. But you know, like a globe or like you're in school and you've got like the globe thing, or like the map that's printed out on the wall, like the big world map. Do you know that, like every country has their own version of it?
Speaker 4: Yes, really, and usually the country is in the middle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I've never thought of that, And I just think of our world map that we would see in the classroom. It's just never occurred to me that like other kids on the other side of the world, their map is it looks different, yeah, because their country is in the middle. And I've never fucking thought about it, And I just saw a TikTok about it, and everyone else was in the comments like, oh my god, I've never fucking thought about this. Another one of those things I just never thought about, much like the presudo.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that America them being in the middle, splits Europe in half. Oh, like as in Europe goes off the edge of one side and onto the edge of the other side because to put America in the middle. And I remember seeing tiktoks from Americans being like, oh my god, this is the European one and it makes so much more sense because it's all laid out perfectly and no countries get chopped off.
Speaker 1: See to me, like the way that we look at our map just makes so much sense too. But I feel like that's how everyone would feel about their map.
Speaker 2: Surely there's a Reddit thread that's like things I only learned today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there would be.
Speaker 2: Look, let's talk, let's let's read out some examples things I've only just learned recently. Is there anything that I recently learned? I don't think so. I also forget everything. You know, My memory is not the best. Even if I learned it today, I probably learned it four weeks ago, and I've forgotten.
Speaker 1: If I'm honest, I just learned that green potatoes make you sick.
Speaker 3: Sorry, can you come again handa and say that into the fucking microphone?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: And what the fuck is a green potato?
Speaker 5: I recently learned that green potatoes make.
Speaker 3: You sick, as in like a potato.
Speaker 5: That's that's great. You know how you'd get a random green chip in a chip packet and you're like, why is this potato green? And then I always just thought the potatoes were the vegetable that you put, you know, in an ice cream bucket under the sink, and they just sit there for months and you just use them while you need.
Speaker 4: It's going on.
Speaker 2: The more she talks, the more I go, what the fuck happened in your child?
Speaker 3: It's giving watermelone and trauma?
Speaker 2: If they go no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Stop talking, let's rewind.
Speaker 3: Sorry, potato that's gone off? And did I just.
Speaker 2: Hear you say you just thought potatoes were a vegetable that you had in an ice cream container under the sink? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 3: Why? That's what I thought?
Speaker 2: For starters And they're under the sink.
Speaker 3: Who had no wonder?
Speaker 4: They're going green love?
Speaker 2: They're sitting next to all the dishwashing detergents, and.
Speaker 3: In the middle of nowhere, Sorry, guys, was there nowhere else in your house was a.
Speaker 5: Type of veggie that in a dark, cool environment, they could just survive forever.
Speaker 2: Like I think, don't think anything survives in a dark, cool environment.
Speaker 4: But mold darling like onions.
Speaker 3: Kind of do.
Speaker 5: Garlic kind of does.
Speaker 2: Well. I learned the other day that you should never put an onion the fridge. That's one thing that I liked regarding too, because it absorbs everything else.
Speaker 5: That happen in your ice cream container under the sink with all the dish soapen shit, well.
Speaker 2: The underneath of my thing, I mean my cupboards. My cupboards are very very clean. Everything's very clean under my sink. Fucking harrowing. I don't know what's going on down there, but no matter how much I clean that, there's burst dish washing tablets and dish washing liquid and there's slimy stuff everywhere. Just it's it's one cupboard that I go. It is what it is, and I'm just not dealing with it.
Speaker 5: Sorry for trying to share, guys, Thank you for something I learned.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 2: It was the highlight of this episode so far, but I just am so confused as to the ice cream container under the sink scrollers. If you, if anyone else can back Hannah up here, because like I want to place money on the fact that we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get to the sink. Why not in the pantry with that food?
Speaker 2: Like, please let us know if you you why under this thing?
Speaker 3: And do you keep your potatoes under the sea. I don't do this.
Speaker 5: It was just something I feel like I remember from my child.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now let's rewind and now I'm happy for you to tell me about the green potatoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I had a potato and it was like kind of looking a bit green. I was like, it's fine, and I air fried it ate it delicious, and then I.
Speaker 3: Felt really sick and it was green.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I did it little Google, and I thought that's poisonous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm thirty one years old.
Speaker 1: Wondering I've found the Reddit thread Matt. Today I learned, yeah, great, this would be good. Today I learned that Gorilla's fart almost non stop due to their fibrous dye.
Speaker 4: Me belcher over there.
Speaker 3: Belcher, Okay.
Speaker 1: Today I learned and estimated seven hundred and fifty thousand chocolate sprinkle and butter sandwiches are eaten each day in the Netherlands. It's called haggle slag.
Speaker 4: That's a lot. I feel like that's quite a lot.
Speaker 1: So and there's a picture and it's just like, uh, like sprinkles, but they're chocolate with.
Speaker 3: Butter on bread.
Speaker 4: So fairy bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but chocolate version.
Speaker 4: But fairy bread is chocolate.
Speaker 2: Wait, you've just learned that now, fairy bread is chocolate. They're little pieces of chocolaterin. It's not sprinkles. It's not sprinkles. Sprinkles is not chocolate.
Speaker 3: It's just sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh look, go google girl. I haven't said that in such a long time. Go Google girl.
Speaker 1: What are sprinkles made of sugar? You have thought your whole life that sprinkles and chocolate.
Speaker 4: Having chocolate bread.
Speaker 3: I'm devastated.
Speaker 4: I've just been having sugar. God, no wonder else. So fat as a kid. Wait, actually, if they were chocolate wouldn't matter anyway, Matt. They're little balls of sugar. Yeah, I thought they were little balls of chocolate.
Speaker 3: No, but that would be good, I thought when you looked at me like that.
Speaker 2: Just now, I thought, what the fuck do you not know their chocolate? You were trying to say sugar.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that would be good.
Speaker 1: Though, someone needs to make like choco.
Speaker 2: Like these ones, these ones, the little strips.
Speaker 3: The little strips strips are not chocolate.
Speaker 2: Can you please type in chocolate sprinkles, Go Google girl chocolate sprinkles, because I'll tell you what I'm looking what.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of.
Speaker 3: Thousands, little hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these those kiss chocolate chocolates, they're called chocolates.
Speaker 4: That's in C C L E T T E S. Chocolates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's not fairy bread. Fairy bread is rainbow sugar, you know what.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: It's fucking twenty twenty five, and fairy bread can be whatever the fuck you want it to be.
Speaker 4: Do you want to sprinkle devon on your fairy bread?
Speaker 2: It's still fairy bread, okay, anyway, Okay, so they're cho.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, that's just choc sprinkles right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's if you go out of your way to buy chocolate sprinkles piped in chocolate sprinkle.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, anyway, okay, that's sugar.
Speaker 2: Then me trying to figure out a way to still be right. I can't believe that that's changed my life. I'm actually sweating. I've never been wrong in my life. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Speaker 4: What else have you got? What else have you got?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 4: I love my own jokes? What else have you got for me? Also? When you said earlier, you said learned.
Speaker 2: Always, when I'm typing typing learned or learned, I never know which one? Do you do too?
Speaker 3: It's one of those things like learned or learned.
Speaker 4: I always think it's learned with me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then learned actually makes sense because you did learn it, so you've learned it. But then I'm like, is it learned? But both spellings are fine?
Speaker 4: Like they don't auto correct? What else have you got?
Speaker 3: Seventy eight percent of New Zealand is uninhabited.
Speaker 4: Really, that seems like a lot.
Speaker 3: Don't take it from me, Like this is just on Reddit.
Speaker 2: Bless you today?
Speaker 3: I learned.
Speaker 1: Actor Robert Pattinson dealt with an obsessed fan who had been camping outside his apartment by taking her out on a dinner date. I just and then in quotes, I just complained about everything in my life and she never came back.
Speaker 2: I do love that, though I have used that tactic like be so boring or be so like, you know, you act a certain way so that they get sick of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, nic love that Costco's hot dog has remained a dollar fifty since it was first introduced in nineteen eighty four. Yeah, after the company president complained they were losing money on it, the CEO put his foot down. If you raise the price of the fen hot dog.
Speaker 3: I will kill you. Holy shit, you have had.
Speaker 2: That hot dog and it's amazing, and it's two dollars for that and a soft drink. Two dollars for a hot dog and softdrinks, so the soft drinks fifty cents and they are good hot dogs. And you know what I just spent six hundred was at Costco, So I've earned that dollar fifty hot dog, you know what I mean? Why is it when I go to Costco, I planned to spend one hundred bucks and I come out spending four hundred. And I'm just one of those places, one more than we'll do mats round of the week because I've got something good to say.
Speaker 4: I've got some shit to say this week.
Speaker 5: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: Fuck I'm trying to find a good one.
Speaker 1: Today I learned that a depressed Manchester teen use several fake online personas to convince his best friend to murder him, and after surviving the attack, he became the first person in the UK history to be charged with inciting their own murder.
Speaker 4: Well that took a turn, didn't it.
Speaker 2: We were talking about maps and cutting off Europe and suddenly.
Speaker 4: We've gotten here.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: The more you know, the more I feel like that was a little bit more like when I was like when I was like, look for a Reddit third But it's like, what did you just learn today? I wanted it to be like butter and Margarine aren't the same thing?
Speaker 4: Not murder gone out? Let's move on, Joel.
Speaker 3: Well, have you got a rant matter? I feel like it's been ages since we've done Matt's rant of the week.
Speaker 4: I do have a rand Oh he's.
Speaker 3: Going to insert the Cringey song.
Speaker 4: Like people genuinely complain about it.
Speaker 3: No one has said a thing to me, really.
Speaker 2: I haven't had Can you all go in comment on Britney's posts instead of mine and say all send her dms? Because I've got no choice in it. This is the Nova producer. This is Hannah and who else? Adrian? I feel Ricardo's in there somewhere. No, well I'm blaming Ricardo as well. Love your back, but sort it out. No, it's so fucked. I haven't listened to it to that since.
Speaker 3: I roll the clip Matt's rand of the Week.
Speaker 2: That I mean, we didn't hear anything in the studio, but I'm sure that was harrowing for all of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do have a rent of the week, okay, and it has to involve us. We have only a few weeks now until we pop off to America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very exciting.
Speaker 2: And I want to talk about dynamic ticketing pricing in America because we've all heard about it. You know how they just like raise the price of tickets, like ticket Master will just raise the price of tickets this day, and if there's high demand. You know, Taylor Swift tickets were going for eighty thousand dollars at one point because they're in such high demand.
Speaker 4: That ticketec was like, well, we're putting the prices up here. That's fuck.
Speaker 3: It should just be a set price.
Speaker 2: You can't do that in Australia, it's illegal here, but in America, it's free.
Speaker 4: Game, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it works in terms of the artist either. I don't know if if Taylor Swift sets hers to get price at five hundred dollars and they charge eighty thousand, I don't know if a ticket tech gets, you know, the whole eighty thousand, and she just gets her five hundred dollars or however that works, or whether Taylor gets a percentage of the price they increase it by and maybe she gets sixty thousand.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the point is we bought Beyonce tickets. Which did I talk about on the podcast. I can't remember. I was in Perth at the time for the Kylie tour and I had to work up because of the time difference, I had to wake up at three am, but I had to wake up at three am or something to purchase the tickets. And I thought they're gonna sell out, so I need to be first to get on it. Because Britta and I were like, we're literally there, We're meant to fly out that day.
Speaker 4: And then we were like the next day.
Speaker 2: The Beyonce concerts on were the day before, yeah, and we were like, why don't we just stay and see Beyonce, and I just thought, are you happy brit for like it to be whatever money it is? Like do you have a ticket price that you want? And you were liken, whatever it is, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Here I was thinking like it was gonna be four hundred dollars something around that, like that's where my mind went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was like, all right, well, I'll just get like whatever I can. I obviously get through. I'm on the page. The closest tickets and like the pit tickets, you know, the standing tickets, they were like six seven thousand dollars. I was like, okay, we're not doing that obviously, and this is US dollars by the way. Then like the front row kind of seated ones were four thousand dollars, and I was like usd again.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: So then I kept going back and back and back and back and back, and I got right up to the top level of the stadium, right up to the top level of the stadium, and they were like five hundred and forty American dollars. That was around eight hundred and twenty or something Australian dollars. I think it was in the end per ticket. So we paid sixteen hundred dollars for our tickets. But we went, you know what, we're seeing Beyonce in America. This is one of the only times that you're going to get the chance to travel with me. We've got to do these things right.
Speaker 3: This is a big opportunity for me.
Speaker 1: There's just so much mad I'm honest, I'm trying to say that as if they it's like a massive But.
Speaker 4: When do we ever get to travel together?
Speaker 2: When we ever get We never got a concert.
Speaker 4: We're America.
Speaker 2: The way America's going, we're never going to get to go to America again in our lives. We may as well take life by the hands and by the fucking But the.
Speaker 1: Way they said it like this is your only opportunity to come to America with me, I feel like it.
Speaker 2: Is like it's the only time you get to tat.
Speaker 3: Our opportunity together. You funny, he knew what I meant you sentiment that was funny.
Speaker 2: So basically, yeah, we had a bit of a yolo moment and I went, all right, well we may as well, and I got the five hundred dollar tickets I'd confirmed with brit As. I said it was three o'clock in the morning, so she couldn't even confirm me. The way I got the five hundred dollar tickets, I was like, yep, sold.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, that's too expensive. I don't want to come.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I want to but we're literally way up the back, like we do not have good seats.
Speaker 3: At all to sneak down the front, and they were that much.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I decided because after I had spoken about it on my Instagram sorry, one of my friends messaged me and was like, oh, you know they do dynamic ticketing prices. Because everyone was jumping on and getting it. It was rising by the second, so each second it just keeps ticking up and up and up. And by the time I had got in and bought them, clearly they had sat at five hundred dollars. They could have even gotten more than that. I jumped on Ticketmaster yesterday, our same seats, the people sitting next to us. There's still tickets available seventy five US dollars if you want to sit next to her set Beyonce. So and it's not like.
Speaker 3: We can even sell them because no one's going to buy them.
Speaker 2: And there are so many tickets left. So if you look at the map, there are thousands of tickets left to Beyonce show, which.
Speaker 3: Is all right. Is there like a two hundred dollars way better ticket down the bottom?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So if we want to sit front row, five hundred bucks now, so the same price as we're sitting in the bleaches, in the nosebleeds at the back of the stage. And don't forget, American stadiums are huge. They're even bigger than.
Speaker 3: Our They're not going to be able to fucking see shitna, we'll have.
Speaker 2: To take binoculars. But I even went on last night and I was like, I thought about that. I thought, well, if the tickets in the front row are five hundred dollars, surely I'm buying those. But the problem is I can't just refund my other tickets. I actually have to sell them. And no one's going to buy my five hundred dollar tickets when they're currently seventy five dollars. And there's no I mean, this concert's not that far away if you look at the map, like I want to say, at least more than half the tickets are still available.
Speaker 3: That's so surprising to me. But maybe Americans just don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't think Americans, like everybody have any money. But I think it's I know, here in Australia we're in a cost of living crisis, but I think America's almost worse. True, And so I don't know.
Speaker 1: But maybe also like we go so crazy for artists because we don't send ever tump whereas there just like Field's.
Speaker 2: True, Beyonce only just two years ago there, didn't you check. That's why it's so exciting for me because she hasn't been here since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Have you seen her?
Speaker 4: Only in twenty thirteen? And I was.
Speaker 2: Literally in the very last row of Kurdos Bank Arena or Aso Arena at the time, I think it was, but I was in the very maybe it was even all Phones arena back then, remember all phones the mobile shop you go in and buy your mobile phone from all phones. Yeah, anyway, I was in the very last one, which is great because I could stand up and dance, but I couldn't see a fucking thing. So yeah, and the tickets were only sixty nine to see her there back in the day, and I remember that was one of my I'm so poor I can't do anything, and I had to scrape every penny together to get the sixty nine dollars plus booking fee, and it was the best sixty nine dollars I've ever spent in my life.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: That's my runt of the week is what the fuck is ticketing pricing?
Speaker 3: That that I go up and down? That's wrong.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've all heard about it, but I've now experienced it, and it's kind of tainted the whole experience. I'm all, this is fucking shit because now we're going to be sitting there on the night going. We spent more money than anyone sitting in our section to get these tickets.
Speaker 4: And also the people.
Speaker 2: Way way way way way down there in the front, right, they paid the same amount as us.
Speaker 3: That's all right, we'll make the most of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always do, don't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice, Well, that's another episode done and dusted, Matt. We got more to go, Yeah, so we better get it get off here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something fun to talk about this week?
Speaker 3: Oh do we?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 4: Well, I've decided on our behalf.
Speaker 2: Okay, see over here anyway, Dahla, better let you go. I gotta go put a potato in an ice cream container on a masink