Speaker 1: Live from Israel, and this is a special edition of Shari Good Evening. I'm good Evening. I'm coming to you live from Jerusalem.
Speaker 2: Israel is at war, and there was a stark reminder of that overnight when on the anniversary of the October seven attacks, Israel was targeted with missiles in the south, north and.
Speaker 1: Over Tel Aviv.
Speaker 2: We were in an open field doing an interview when one missile was launched, and I'm going to tell you more about that dramatic moment later. I've got another very special show tonight, a big interview with former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmit.
Speaker 1: He says it's time for the war to end and.
Speaker 2: Reveals that his sources tell him the Hamas leader could be dead now his a rival to Nettan Yahoo, so he has a different view on how the war.
Speaker 1: Should play out.
Speaker 2: He also takes a subt or dig at our own Prime Minister, Anthony Albanezi. I've also got tonight an incredible story of two young women who were hunted down by hermas at the Nova Music Festival and miraculously survived.
Speaker 1: Four hundred were killed that day.
Speaker 2: Also on the show, family members of the nine month old baby taken hostage in Gaza speak to me sharing their hope that baby Kafa and brother Ariel are still alive. And Israeli politician Sharen Haskell will join me live here in Jerusalem along with distinguished veteran of the Prime Minister's Office, Danny Seaman. This is a special week of programming from Israel, and you don't want to miss any of it. Well, first, let's start with the beautiful vigils that took place around the world to remember the October seven massacre. In Sydney, twelve thousand people gathered in Dover Heights where Peter day And has been widely praised for his powerful speech.
Speaker 3: We are on the side of civilization over barbarity, and that is why every Australian, drawing on their instinct of decency and affair go must join with Jewish Australians to reject the anti Semitism.
Speaker 1: That is real leadership.
Speaker 2: In Melbourne, eight thousand came together an individual where Zionist Victoria President Yossi Goldfarb said anti Semitism had been allowed to fester under weak leadership.
Speaker 4: There is a permissiveness that has led anti Semitism fester a permissiveness encouraged by weak and.
Speaker 5: Ambiguous expositions of our foreign policy.
Speaker 2: Would have known that the Prime Minister was in the audience now, I'm told the event ran around two hours overtime, perhaps punishment for Albinizi, who couldn't possibly have left early and had to sit through.
Speaker 1: All the criticism.
Speaker 2: But after all the aggressive pro Hamas protests we've seen, where hatred and terror is celebrated, it's such a contrast to see these beautiful, peaceful events. They were attended by both Jews and Christian Australians standing in solidarity against evil. The major memorial event in Israel was held in Tel Aviv, organized by the families who lost loved ones a year ago. No politicians invited. This was a people's event. They were meant to be around fifty thousand attending, but fears of a strike against Israel meant it was closed to the public. Instead, only the family and friends of those who were murdered were there, and the event was beamed across Israel to millions. Many gathered in parks to mourn together, and Israel was on high alert yesterday, and it turned out there was good reason for that. There were three attacks targeting central Israel on this sacred day of the October seventh anniversary. Security was tight at this peaceful memorial event, and as it was getting underway, I was speaking with a father who'd lost four family members at Kibbutzbery.
Speaker 1: Suddenly there were sirens.
Speaker 2: Yemen was attacking Israel with a surface missile.
Speaker 1: And here's how that unfolded. Is that lucky or you?
Speaker 6: Did you have it locked?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: We didn't.
Speaker 2: Are you still filming, Chris? Okay, we're hearing sirens overhead. We've just been told to get down on the ground and cover our heads, which is what we're doing. We're at the memorial ceremony for those who lost their lives on the October seven attack a year ago and hasn't even started yet, and the siren rates have gone off.
Speaker 1: This means there's an incoming rocket.
Speaker 2: We've all been told to get down and put our hands in our heads. Something did you expect this tonight?
Speaker 7: We expected won't open, but we knew it could open.
Speaker 2: Siren sounded at one hundred and ninety three locations around Israel, and families had to bunker down.
Speaker 1: In bomb shelters.
Speaker 2: The Iron Dome thankfully, intercepted the missile, but if Israel didn't have such a sophisticated defense system, the death toll would be unimaginable. The frailty of life in Israel is all too real for those whose family members were murdered or taken hostage.
Speaker 1: A year ago, I spoke with the family of baby Kafir and Ariel.
Speaker 2: They became a heartbreaking symbol of October seven, bewildered, terrify fight as they were taken hostage while in their mother's arms. One year on their faith unknown, their family desperate for answers.
Speaker 1: Do you believe they're still alive?
Speaker 8: I just can hope so, because we are well, we all saw what happened in the tunnels. That are not eating, that are not vaccinated, have no condition to live there.
Speaker 7: I hopefully, I'm hopefully.
Speaker 8: Praying that they that will be all right, because maybe the children, maybe somebody that has children, maybe they are pity for them and.
Speaker 7: Will treat them. But I don't know. We are we are dealing here with our terror organization.
Speaker 2: There are reports that they might not be with Hamas, that they might actually be with another terrorist group in Gaza.
Speaker 7: That's what we heard, that's what you do.
Speaker 8: In the beginning, it was that they was taken by another group of terror.
Speaker 2: Baby ka the world's youngest hostage.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can see him here. It was I was the picture here.
Speaker 2: What's your message to the international community.
Speaker 8: Help us, please? There is no time for them a year in captivity. Nobody can understand that. And what is purting a pressure on us? Put the pressure on all the other countries. Open your eyes.
Speaker 7: I can I can't understand that it is not baby is kidnapped. Baby.
Speaker 8: It's not a soldier, it's not a pilot, it's not everything. It's a little baby. Look at him, Look at him. It was only on his hand. You also the famous picture of Cherry holding the two children in their arms.
Speaker 7: Yeah, heartbreaking, But how can it be How can somebody a man or I.
Speaker 8: Don't know, to take them the mother with the two sons together, Adam, they are monsters, not humans.
Speaker 7: Everybody should understand what we are dealing here with.
Speaker 8: And I don't understand why the what is not that does not understand.
Speaker 2: That monsters to kidnap a nine month old baby, the Bibber's family there, as you can see, making a desperate plea through us on sky News for the world to pay attention and every parent around the world should feel agony at the thought of a little baby trapped in the grips of terrorists. I also spoke last night to the family of twenty year old Nataniel Young, who was killed while fighting off Hamas in the South.
Speaker 9: Mataw our son was one of the first to go out from that base to try and.
Speaker 6: Fight against the terrorists.
Speaker 9: They didn't know there were so many of them and amongst the undergrowth, the undergrowth, I must basically ambushed his unit there.
Speaker 10: Found out halfway through the day that so now had been taken to a hospital and we didn't know which hospital where. It gave me relief that first of all, he wasn't dead and he hadn't been taken hostage, because at that point we had already heard of some people had been taken hostage. So we kind of thought, Okay, so he's broken his leg, it will get better, everything will be fine. But then we got more worried as he still wasn't answering his fire drove.
Speaker 4: As I'm getting to the hospital, I see the rockets flying over my head. And when I got to the hospital, the uh it turned out that I'd got there too late night, and now had already been had already been pronounced dead, and you know, I hadn't had the opportunity to say goodbye to him.
Speaker 2: Actress and International Anti Semitism Campaign, and Noah Tishue was also the memorial, and she spoke of how Hamas folled Israel and the world into thinking it wanted peace when the entire time it was planning an attack on Israel.
Speaker 11: The entire time they are fortifying underneath Gaza, building tunnels that are larger than the subway system of New York City and planning to destroy the state of Israel and destroy their.
Speaker 12: Own people, Yrias and more.
Speaker 11: Hamas basically sacrificed Gaza. He knew the devastation that is going to happen, and he got exactly what he wanted.
Speaker 2: There's so much resilience in Israel, this determination to survive, and no matter people's political opinions, there does seem to be widespread support to defeat the terrorists. Do you think that's right? I think that's one hundred percent right.
Speaker 11: And you know why, it's exactly why the same lyrics of this song, this song is called I Don't have Another Country and The thing is that for the Jewish people, there is no Plan B.
Speaker 1: We don't have another country.
Speaker 6: They are Jews everywhere in the world.
Speaker 11: They are accepted and assimilated in many places in the world. But they all know that to some extent, the state of Israel is an insurance policy for every single Jew.
Speaker 6: Around the world.
Speaker 2: And everybody here knows that there are.
Speaker 11: Nine million people that live in this country, seven million Jews and two million Arabs, and they know that there's no other country. So Iran and its proxy's really miscalculated the Jews of Israel and really miscalculated the resiliency of the people who live here.
Speaker 2: No, you came on my show right before October seventh last year and we.
Speaker 1: Had a conversation about antisemitism.
Speaker 6: We've seen that in.
Speaker 2: Spades over the past year, and we've seen the pro Palestinian activists, really pro Hamas activists, because we all are pro Palestinian, but the pro Hamas activists pretend that.
Speaker 1: They're anti Zionists, but that is being anti Jew.
Speaker 6: I believe that at.
Speaker 11: The moment, a year into October seventh, nobody is misunderstanding that antisignism is antisemitism.
Speaker 2: Criticizing of the State of Israel.
Speaker 11: Criticism of the State of Israel, criticism of Israeli policies or politicians.
Speaker 1: Is completely valid.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of discussion on the debate that is happening in Israel.
Speaker 1: That is what a.
Speaker 2: Flourishing democracy is about.
Speaker 11: But denying Israel's right to exist, this disproportionate.
Speaker 1: Obsession with the state of Israel, this.
Speaker 11: Attributing the greatest evils in the world to the single Jewish state in the world. Saying that Israel's committing a genocide is preposterous. Designism and antisemitism are indistinguishable. One is the other, and I do believe that people understand this more now than they did when I was on your show.
Speaker 2: So the lesson we wish we didn't have to learn, thank you so much now.
Speaker 13: I'am s.
Speaker 2: No, And the point she makes is absolutely right. How is it that unprecedented racism against Jews has exploded around the world in reaction to what is truly a genocide against israelis a year ago, we've all felt the darkness of the racism being allowed, at first to fester and then to explode in our streets, left unchecked by politicians and law enforcement.
Speaker 1: But seeing the tens of thousands.
Speaker 2: Who did attend the October seven commemorations around Australia and the world gives us hope that good will prevail. The Jews are not alone, and that the fight against terror isn't just a paddle for Israel, but one for democracy, values and freedom around the world. The barbarity and depravity of October seven shows us that there's no room for failure. This is a battle that has to be won.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: In breaking news, I can reveal that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahoo and his senior ministers are locked in bunker room urgent national security talks.
Speaker 1: We can presume this is.
Speaker 2: Finalizing Israel's strike against Iran after it launched two hundred missiles against Israel last week. Now, some Israeli politicians are urging for a strike on Around's nuclear sites, like Sharan Haskell.
Speaker 1: Who'll join me life here in a moment.
Speaker 2: But others, like my next guest, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, don't agree. Olmert is a fierce rival of Netanyahu's. He was Israel's twelfth prime minister from two thousand and six to two thousand and nine, including during the Second Lebanon War, and here's what he had to say, how do you see this war playing out?
Speaker 14: I think that is about time to end it. I think that Israel did a great deal in breaking down the Hamas military power. We destroyed most of the tunnels that were underground in different parts of the city. We destroyed most of their military units. Perhaps they are still here and there a few Hamas fighters, but by and large, I think to the extent that you can destroy a terrorist organization hiding in the center of town with the civilian population and in tunnels without any identified characteristics that can distinguish them from the population. I think we've done everything that we can do entirely, and now the main thing is to bring back the hostages.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I was going to ask you, mister Ahmad. Can the war end until the hostages are home?
Speaker 14: If we will not agree to end the war, we will not have the hostages.
Speaker 2: You think they can only come home through a negotiated ceasefire.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, to look at it from the point of view of Sineua, he's a matther. I hate him as everyone hates him.
Speaker 12: But do you.
Speaker 14: Expect him to agree to return back the hostage before he gets what he thinks is the best for him.
Speaker 2: But doesn't that leave him in power and in control.
Speaker 14: I don't think so. I think that Number one, I think that at this point, the loss of tens of thousands of his people, the loss of all of us, all of his weapons, loss of almost all of his tunnels, the infrastructure, everything that they built for years and years and years, I think weakened him dramatically. If he's still alive, by the way, which I'm not certain about.
Speaker 2: You think he could be dead. Yeah, Israeli intelligence must know the answer to that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, But Israeli intelligence does know the answer, which means that they haven't tracked him for the last few weeks, and he hasn't shown any signs of living.
Speaker 2: But your confidential sources tell you that he could be dead. He could be dead, And then there has been no sign of him in the past.
Speaker 14: No for sure, but he could be dead.
Speaker 2: Amazing, that's increable.
Speaker 14: And so I think that that is what we can achieve in the military operation, and it doesn't bring the hostages make so we need to do something extraorinary, And the only thing excelery now is to end the war and bring them back.
Speaker 2: What about Hezblah on the north. So they're not defeated yet, so shouldn't that military campaign continue?
Speaker 14: The question is up to wear. The main thing that we have to answer ourselves, first of all is what is the strategy. So you have to think of an arrangement, the diplomatic process possibly that will allow them to pull out away from the body, you know, to across the Titania River and furthermore, and that will allow us to bring back the people living in the north to their homes.
Speaker 2: We're expecting to see imminently in Israeli retaliation strike on Iran. Do you agree with that.
Speaker 14: Israeli retaliation in Iran is inevitable? It's as simple as that Iran has attacked as well, with approximately two hundred bai sticknissiles last week. This is not something that in the context of the Middle East, in the framework of the principles that characterism, at least not answering that will be inevitably perceived by the Iranians to be a short weakness which we trigger more ticts. On this state of visa.
Speaker 2: I'd like to ask you about the United States. We've got an election coming up. There have been concerns in the Jewish community that Kamala Harris might not be great for Israel. Do you have a view on this.
Speaker 14: I haven't seen any indication as of yet that she will not be good for Israel.
Speaker 2: Okay. In Australia, while we're on international politics, in Australia, the Albanesi government has been fairly hostile to Israel over the past year, in particular. You know how much of a portrayal is this.
Speaker 12: Look.
Speaker 14: I don't. I'm not familiar with the specifics of the Australian policy and whatever statements may have been made by the Prime Minister or the senior ministers. Australia used to be traditionally a great friend of.
Speaker 7: His, so he was.
Speaker 1: Indeed, you know all of the.
Speaker 14: Prime ministers that I work who is and I you were very friendly to Israel. And Joel Howard I remember him, was a great, great friend of Israel. I think that Tony Arapus, mister Turnbull was, Julia Kila.
Speaker 2: Virtually every prime minister has been up until this one.
Speaker 14: So I hope that I hope that he will change his attitude.
Speaker 2: Almad really appreciate your time. Thank you very much.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's bring it now Israeli and p Sharon Haskell, who's with me live in Jerusalem. Sharen, great to see you in person. Welcome to the show. I had to come all wait to Israel to meet you face to fay.
Speaker 5: You know, it's wonderful to meet you, and thank you so much for being so brave to come to Israel during these difficult times.
Speaker 1: Of course, and in solidarity with this great nation. Now I want to ask.
Speaker 2: You, on this sacred day yesterday, the anniversary of October seven, we saw Israel come under attack in the north, south and over Tel Aviv.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us how hostile this was? Well, look, the last.
Speaker 6: Two weeks has been difficult.
Speaker 5: There's direct attacks from Iran Yemen, from Syria, from Lebanon and from Commas in the south. I'll tell you as a mother, it's been really difficult because you know, yesterday you've experienced the rockets, the interception in the middle of Tel Aviv. You had to hide. How do you communicate that's the children to two year old, my two year old, twin, my three year old. We have to run in the middle of the night into shelters. And I think that's the most difficult thing. I mean, we're tough, We're really tough people. We can endure that, but the effect that it has on our children is what really difficult for us personally.
Speaker 2: And I knew that there were constant barrage of rockets coming from Hesbalaaren to the North, but I had no idea the extent of it until I was here.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I keep talking about this app that you have on.
Speaker 2: Your phone and it pings whenever there's an incoming missile, and all day long it pings. The majority are from the North. Yeah, all day, all night. The North has been under attack for the last year, and the international community has promised Israel a diplomatic solution. That's why we tie our hands.
Speaker 5: Towns were destroyed, city were destroyed, People are evacuated from their home, tens of thousands of refugees, people were murdered. Children were murdered by those rockets, and they send them every single day.
Speaker 1: And so enough is enough.
Speaker 5: Just two weeks ago we said we have to operate in order to bring back the safety.
Speaker 1: And the security to a northern border. And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Right now, everyone just forgets the twelve Israeli Drewor's children who were killed on the soccer field. Why we should families in Israel, you know, have to put up with this? They need to clearly eliminate the terror threat. Sharon, I want to ask you about Iran. Clearly, the net and Yahoo government must be right now in discussions with the United States about how to respond to Iran. We're expecting that response in the next few days. Probably. Initially there was discussion, and I spoke with Naftali Bennett yesterday. He thought the strike should be on Iran's nuclear sites to stop its nuclear development program. But now we're hearing in the New York Times that it looks like it's going to be on military sites.
Speaker 1: If you can believe those reports, What do you think should happen and what do you think will happen.
Speaker 5: I think that this is a regional opportunity, not just a regional opportunity. This is an opportunity to make a safer world for all of us. Iran is the leading force of radical Islam. It's spreading in tentacles everywhere. You see what they're doing now in Iraq, trying to create a coupe in Jordan. It's only a matter of time now think about this regime with nuclear power. This is an opportunity for the international community to make sure that in five ten years the world is safer. And I believe we need to target those nuclear reactors that Iran has been building for years now, and we need to target their missiles warehouse as a missiles factory. This will create a more stable Middle East and a safer world for all of us, for all.
Speaker 6: Of our children.
Speaker 2: I know you and your political allies advocating that position with the current government.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, there's been many voices, including mine and my party members to try and advocate for that. I think that obviously it needs to come in cooperation with the United States.
Speaker 1: And it's my reselection at the moment.
Speaker 2: So you wouldn't have thought the Democrats would have the appetite for a war with Iran.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, but they won't have another opportunity like that. And as the Iranian leadership they only call Israel the little devil, America is the big devil. America is their main target and they will not have another opportunity like that.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to finish by asking you about ANRA, the United Nations Aid Organization. As my viewers know, all too well. Penny Wong has given eighty two million dollars. This is hard earned tax pay dollars, eighty two million dollars to Gaza since October seventh attacks on Israel. It's inexplicable millions of that has gone to ANRA. This is an issue or a fight that you personally are involved in.
Speaker 1: What are you doing well?
Speaker 5: Right now, we're passing a legislation now will disconnect the ministries, the Defense Ministry and the Foreign Ministry from communicating with UNRA. ANRA is a compromised organization that was taken over by Ramas by a terrorist organization. Through UNRA, Haramas is controlling annating the entire population of Gaza. That's how they recruit terrorists into their army of terror. And we have to dismantle that if we do, if we want a different future. Now, understanding that that's what needs to happen and knowing the actions of Penny Wong and the current government is heartbreaking because just two days ago Hamas had said that when Israel eliminated a senior commander, he was the head of the unions of teacher.
Speaker 1: Of ANRA in Lebanon.
Speaker 5: Okay, it means that Penny Wog is paying the salaries of terrorists of Hamas High Commander activists on the one hand, while it's sending condolences on the other.
Speaker 1: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 5: You have to choose whether you fight those radical Islamist voices, those terrorists who.
Speaker 1: Want to take saying Australia's funding terrorism through anra absolutely and they know that.
Speaker 2: All right, Sharen Haskell, It's been so wonderful meeting you in person and having you on the show.
Speaker 1: Here in Jerusalem.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Now lots more to come on the show.
Speaker 2: After the break, I sit down with two young women who miraculously managed to outsmart her Musk terrorists who are hunting them down.
Speaker 1: At the Nova Music Festival.
Speaker 2: These are extraordinary stories. You do not want to miss this interview.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: The Nova Music Festival site went from a celebration of love and music to a graveyard. Four hundred young Israeli's gun down. Two young girls managed to escape death as they hid from her muss Now a warning, these interviews in this story are quite confronting.
Speaker 13: My name is Milled and I'm a Nova survivor.
Speaker 12: I am as Altaso. I am a nova survivor.
Speaker 6: Millett, How does it feel to be back here a year on?
Speaker 13: The flashbacks are more intense, and I think that we never imagine that I've SI a full year, we will still have so many people being held captive. I still can't believe that it happened like that and that so many beautiful angels were taken away from us.
Speaker 6: Muzzle?
Speaker 2: How different is this space for you compared to how you remember it before the terror attack?
Speaker 1: Wow? What was that I'm doing?
Speaker 6: This is ours?
Speaker 12: There's ours are yeah? Okay, well it's crazy. It is everything was here, like tent and beautiful people and music. And I don't believe that one year left, Like it's crazy because I feel like I'm still in seventh of October twenty three, you know, and don't move on.
Speaker 6: When did you realize there was something wrong? On the morning of October seventh?
Speaker 13: You realize that something's wrong as soon as they stop the music. You understand that something is wrong. And then you see terrorists, and then you see more and you think, Cather is what ten terrorists? Forty terrorists a hundred, and you see more and more people being and the hours just goes by and their brutality, how cruel they are and rootless, and I think I could have never imagined that there are people that are that evil in the world.
Speaker 12: We have bended our car and run to the road. We'd hope that we escape from the terrorists that come from one direction from this point. And when we reach to the road, we get shot from the very directions. So they surrounding us and we land on the road hiding, run from car to car. You hear the shots like hit the.
Speaker 6: The cars, and they were choirs.
Speaker 12: As you start to hear the the Arabic stream, we get it that they really here and the road is not a safe place that we need to hide. All the people that all the people that stay in the under the cows not survived.
Speaker 13: I had to run for two hours. They are surrounding you. You just go back and forth in between terrorists and they're shooting from every direction. And whether you're gonna take one step to the or to delve will determine if you're gonna be murdered now or you're gonna survive another second. You survive it one second at a time.
Speaker 6: You looked for somewhere to hide. Where did you find.
Speaker 12: In the bushes inside the main road will end there. Hi and Danielle start to cover themselves with plans like that, and they do the same thing, and they feel not safe. So I turn around and protake my hand. And the terrorists went to the bushes, and he said in English, get up, get up, get up, you you you, and I bet I get the back of the weapon to my head.
Speaker 2: When the other terrorists came you, you were bleeding so much they assumed you were dead.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was with white shirt. All my back was blood because all my flash go out from this finger and this finger, and because my head was open also, and I assumed that she they saw my head and they saw all my back blood, so they think she don't make it. They start to talk with each other in Arabic, and one of them come close to me, and I felt that, so I holt my bread and he like, weve my face like that. My face was on the ground, like turn my fa my face look at me, I guess, and they go and they go. They also untied my legs like and they put their rocks like that, and they go. I was shut up them dying. I wake up after two hours and The first thing that they do is call my friend Danielle name, and they call her daniel Danielle, and she don't answer. So I get off my head and I saw she was dead.
Speaker 13: We found this small valley and we called under It is something between a tree and a bush that we found there.
Speaker 6: How long were you hiding in that valley?
Speaker 13: From six hours?
Speaker 6: And you could just hear the gunshots.
Speaker 13: All around you throughout the entire time they're shooting, they're surrounding us. You can still hear them screaming. You can still hear them, just can still hear them.
Speaker 6: And you can hear them now even in your mind.
Speaker 13: The thing that is most difficult for me, I can always hear in my mind this guy that was hiding near us, and how he screamed when they found him and shot him, and the fear of being raped.
Speaker 6: On the road.
Speaker 12: You see on the cars burn, you see buddies on the road. You don't believe that you are going out.
Speaker 2: And during this time when you were fighting to survive, you must have had your son in your mind as well.
Speaker 12: No, I don't think about nothing. I think about survive. I think if I was thinking about the fact that my son gonna lose his mom or something like that. I don't, I don't know. I don't. I don't think that I was survived.
Speaker 2: So you were in the valley, you hit there for six hours, you heard other people being murdered not far from where you were.
Speaker 6: How did you eventually get out of there.
Speaker 13: With the help of three amazing heroes, just civilians that volunteerily went in to rescue people with their own private cars. Leon Barr.
Speaker 6: Was this is very hard for you to talk about. Leon.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he after two days of rescuing people, he was murdered.
Speaker 2: A complete hero, amazing person to rescue so many lives.
Speaker 13: But at what cost?
Speaker 6: Do you think about him all the time?
Speaker 13: Yeah, he has children and wife, and.
Speaker 2: It's so distressing for you to talk about what happened to you a year ago. Why do you think it's important to share your story and and that of so many other people on this anniversary.
Speaker 12: I don't believe that one ear left. Let's begin with that one ear. Is crazy that we have still people there is crazy that the all the world don't open their eyes.
Speaker 2: Do you feel you're a very different person today than you were before October seven?
Speaker 13: It's not even very different, just not the same person at all. Just talk about it today. We look at videos for a year before and it was so sharp. One day you are this happy, positive, vivid person and the next day it's like someone murdered your soul.
Speaker 1: Are they incredible? Such powerful testimonies.
Speaker 2: And they've actually documented and shared their experiences with this virtual reality program, so you can watch some of what they went through. It's called Survived to tell be the witness. You should check it out if you can. They were lucky to survive October seven, but four hundred people weren't. Now still coming up on the show, another display of albanezis week leadership as Dutton condemns the Prime Minister for sitting on the fence when it comes to support for Israel. Ronwin Bishop and kayleb Bond would join me to discuss class. A veteran of the Prime Minister's office will be with me here in Jerusalem to talk about media bias.
Speaker 1: He saw so much of it that he wrote a book.
Speaker 2: That's after this quick break, Let's return home now, where I'm joined by former Speaker of the House Bronwyn Bishop and Sky News host kayleb Bond.
Speaker 1: Great to see both of you now.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister's October seven Terror Tack Condolence motion has passed the Parliament, but Peter Dutton was very critical of it.
Speaker 1: Bronwyn Bishop, what.
Speaker 2: Do you think about the accusations that Dutton made against the Prime Minister?
Speaker 13: Charry?
Speaker 16: I watched both those speeches today and I have to say, I think if mister Albanezi needs to see the stories that you are reporting, he needs to know how vile and horrific that attack on the seventh of October was and what it was designed to do. Peter Dutton's comments about mister Albenese he always wanting to speak about both sides of his mouth and talk walk both sides of the street, were absolutely well founded. He went to Albanesi in good faith and suggested they have a bipartisan motion in the House, but Albanese couldn't even agree to that. He had to put in his both sides of the street interpretation if the man has no empathy. It was, and it became even more dramatic, I suppose when you could see that he really was a poor prime minister behaving badly. When he turned and said somebody who was talking in the chamber did they have to write syndrome. I mean, how insulting, how insensitive? Where was the empathy none? So I just simply say that in watching Peter Dublin today, he stood there as a man of conviction henuity, believed he knew what he had to see, he knew that the things he had to uphold. Whereas Albaneze he read a crafted speech that had been written to him, but there was no conviction in it. It was saying the words. And so I felt very proud when I saw mister Duttlin's remark strong, purposeful prime ministerial.
Speaker 2: Look, Caleb, the Prime Minister presumably had good intentions, but there's no question that there's only one side of politics that has been an unwavering friend of Israel and the Jewish community over the past year.
Speaker 15: Indeed, and look, he could very well have got the point across which he wanted to make, which was about the loss of civilian lives in Gaza, in a completely separate motion that was done at a different time. How hard is it to have one motion today, the first sitting day after October the seventh, that simply says we commemorate, recognize the loss of life, that happened on October the seventh, that terror attack that happened on October the seventh, one year ago, and then come back and talk about the rest later on. They did not have to be put together. It was the easiest thing the Prime Minister could have done if he wanted to do both, to have bipartisan support for condemnation of October the seventh, but he couldn't even do that.
Speaker 2: Look, let's turn to the IBA now, because it seems that Albinizi is not just failing on the international stage, but he's doing the same with economic management. Rodwin Bishop, we are seeing concerns. This is from the RBA's last board minutes, that the outlook just isn't looking rosy.
Speaker 1: Well, it isn't chari.
Speaker 16: The fact of the matter is the problem remains what it's been all along. The RBA only has one tool, and that is interest rates, and it's a blunt instrument. But the government has fiscal policy and it has done nothing to reiin in its expenditure. It is added to expenditure which has kept the pressure up. It has created jobs that are government paid for jobs, so there's no productivity happening in the economy. So what we're seeing is the Reserve Bank just being honest until the government does, in fact rain in its expenditure, rain in the things that are still keeping inflation high that you can't expect the Reserve Bank to lower those interest rates. And it's hurting and it's hurting businesses, and it's hurting people who are the real generators of Wilson this country, the private sector, whereas all they're interested in is the unions and the public sector. They have no care whatsoever really making a remedy that can be in fact helping people get back on their feet. So they just blame supermarkets, they blame the Reserve Bank, improve everybody else's fault. It's never their fault until they take responsibility or until they're made to or chucked out simples to government, we won't get back to sensible policies.
Speaker 2: All right, Look, we're actually out of time at Caleb Bond. I'll get to you next Tuesday when I'm back in Australia. Thank you both for your time this evening. Now, we've still got more to come on the show tonight. This country is fighting for survival, the war opening up on multiple fronts. Yet the ABC and other media outlets continue to falsely paint Israel as the aggressor. Veteran the Prime Minister's office, Danny Seaman will join me after this quick break.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to bring in now Danny Seaman, a thirty year veteran in the office.
Speaker 1: Of the Prime Minister of Israel.
Speaker 2: He's also the author of the book Israel and the Foreign Media, which perhaps could be called Israel and the Fake News Media.
Speaker 1: Danny, welcome to the program, pleasure.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to start with the Prime Minister, Benjamin Ettaya, who he gets a very bad wrap in the international press. The polls here in Israel show that he has solidified support, particularly during the war.
Speaker 1: He has shown strong leadership.
Speaker 17: He has always and that's what people don't get abroad. What they get from abroad are two things. How it's newspaper in English which is very political, and from the foreign press who get their information. And I know this as they have being been director of the government Press Office. We pulled the foreign journalists here what are their influences? One hundred percent of those who responded over two hundre and some journalists foreigners said that they get their influence only from Haaretz newspaper, So you're getting that version of Israeli reality, not.
Speaker 1: To my views.
Speaker 2: Back on how Aretz is the most left leaning newspaper in Israel, it's basically anti Israel.
Speaker 1: It's basically the ABC that's our public broadcast in Australia.
Speaker 17: They're very much on the same line. And so that's what you're getting in reality here, and this is a reality and it's not portrayed abroad, is that the majority of the public here for years now have been very supportive, very conservative, and very to the right of center. And then Taniel reflects those desires. Are we happy with everything? No, but there are two things happening now. We're in a war, an existential threat to our country, So always you come back behind the government. But he's also a leader in the eyes of Israelis of international standing, once in a generation leader, and we see him running the battlefield here at the same time stealing off all this opposition to him among a very small minority of Israeli's you don't get abroad.
Speaker 2: His speeches to both the Congress and the United Nations have been highly impressive, and I think he's also held his own We are seeing increasingly weak international leaders, whether it's the United States, perhaps because of the upcoming election in Europe, certainly in Australia, but he's remaining firm.
Speaker 1: He does have the view that you need peace through strength, absolutely and we're approving it now.
Speaker 17: And this is what people don't understand.
Speaker 13: It's not the.
Speaker 17: Battle of Israel. We're just at the forefront of this battle. It's a battle against civilization and by barbarians. I don't want to say animals, because animals don't behave that way. And just yesterday we went through the fil diage that they filmed and they were the ones who were leading and bringing out of what they did last year. This is a battle not only against Jews, and not because of the occupation, but against Western civilization. And it's about time that the leaders of Western civilization understood this.
Speaker 2: I wish they would. I talk about it all the time. So really appreciate you being on the show. Thank you so much, Daddy. Now that's it from me tonight. My live coverage here in Jerusalem continues all this week, so tune in tomorrow at eight pm. And until then, here's my good mate, Oh Murray