Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on over one hundred.
Speaker 2: I'm a dad of three young boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got this job. Life's busy, My head's spin it.
Speaker 2: Last week, were missed a dentist appointment, you know.
Speaker 1: Just really really hanging on to that miss dentist appointment. Don't forgive yourself. You've mentioned it so many times.
Speaker 2: That was the second one.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we've got to get our calendars in sync anyway. They say it takes a village to raise a childhood.
Speaker 2: Really does.
Speaker 3: We've got a good little community where, you know, if we need help, we call upon, you know, some other school parents and vice versa. On the weekend, I had my niece's staying with us, so the house is already busy. One of the mums reached out and was like, hey, any chance I can drop my son to you today because I've take my daughter to a different.
Speaker 1: Birthday party on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, no way, it's drop him around and him and my son also have a birthday.
Speaker 2: Party that afternoon.
Speaker 1: Shuttle bus exactly right.
Speaker 2: So but dad, you thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You're already going. You might as well fill up the car, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean they had a few hours to kill in the morning. Yeah, so it's fine. They just played some video game and that takes him out of the equation exactly.
Speaker 3: A bit of basketball. All right, get in the car, honey, your mate, get in the car. We're going to the birthday. On the way to the birthday dropped him off. It was like some big soccer joint.
Speaker 2: Was awesome. They loved it. They went in. I went down to Two Brothers brewery, had a little bit of because.
Speaker 1: Your boys, your kids are two older ones are old enough.
Speaker 2: You could have replenished sea boys. I'm off to the brewery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're old enough to go to parties without the parents hanging out? Is that like freedom?
Speaker 2: When that drop and go party is like winning.
Speaker 1: The ones where the parents have to be because the kids like each other, it doesn't mean the parents.
Speaker 3: Some parents stay And I'm like, oh yeah, trainers, you're a hero.
Speaker 1: Also, what about when it's at your house?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have a party of your house and miking.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I've replenished and I've come back. You refueled and I've come back.
Speaker 1: What time was our birthday parties at? Like I'm a Saturday.
Speaker 2: It was a thirty no, no, no, that was three pm in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Right, I've come back. Pulled up quick, Huddy, get in the car. By this point, I'm running late for the next thing.
Speaker 1: You didn't get the other kid, did you. That's on Hudson.
Speaker 3: Hardie gets in the car, eating his little treat bag. We take off. We were two streets away and the Hardy goes I forgot my jumper, and I was like, all right, we're only two streets away. Back we go, back, we go to the brewery or to the party, a party and yes, that's when I turned into the street and there was the other child outside the party venue holding Huddy's jumper, wondering where I went?
Speaker 1: How did you do that? Because what about Hudson? What a shody mate sort of friend?
Speaker 2: His head, he was holding the party bag. He's focused with somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else there, Nah, that's on him.
Speaker 2: He's eating strawberr creams and bananas. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: How do he didn't want to share his party bag?
Speaker 4: Ken?
Speaker 1: He took his mate's party bag?
Speaker 2: Was he? He was fine? He did that? Jase? Where did you go?
Speaker 1: I just I was just coming from the parking lot mate. How do he came out of the back door.
Speaker 2: We'll just spin around here, We'll just come around the front.
Speaker 1: Did you tell him mom?
Speaker 2: Did he no? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Did he tell him?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: I bet he did.
Speaker 2: He went to the pub.
Speaker 3: That's why names aren't used for this. Thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 1: You can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: When did you forget you had a kid?
Speaker 3: Now think about it. This would have happened in nowadays all the time. Yeah, our parents would have forgotten about us.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: In year nine at my school, you went away for a whole term and we lived up in Kloones up in the Ballarat. It was like offsite living situation where you meant to learn to do, like you're washing and you're cleaning and your shopping. You go for a whole term and.
Speaker 2: On the washing and you obviously skip that.
Speaker 1: I lived with a girl whose dad was a chef, so she cooked everything, which was cool, great, And then your parents got to come four weeks in. They came for one day and you took them out for whatever, and then they came on the last day to pick you up. My mum bought a new dog that had to be picked up that day and forgot to come and get me. So three hundred kids leave on the last day, runs crying goodbye, and I was just left in the unwanted children's pile, just in the staff room with the teacher. So like, do you think she's coming? I'm like, no, I don't know. And then she rolls in with a cute puppy. So she won me over to shat a puppy that she had no idea until a school had called, that she had to pick me.
Speaker 3: Up, that she obviously stole that dog from someone's front yard a couple of doors down.
Speaker 1: Two months, I was gone for she forgot to coming get me.
Speaker 2: Thirteen how me?
Speaker 3: Twenty fourteen? Can I just say? Our phone lines have lit up? Thirteen twenty four ten? When did you forget you had a kid? When did you forget you had a kid? Or maybe your parents forgot you and left you somewhere? Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number Allie who works on our show. She's all of twelve. Were you forgotten? Or have you got a kid and you forgot to tell us?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I was forgotten.
Speaker 4: We were a family holiday to holiday to Fiji, and my parents had gone out for the day on like a boat trip, and my brother and I were in Kids' Club and I just didn't enjoy kids Club and I had a tantrum and they left me on the beach and so my brother went with the kids club and my parents had come back and I was just sitting on the beach waiting for them and basically was left.
Speaker 1: Behind for how long hours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to say half a day.
Speaker 2: Your only got to sign you out of kids kids.
Speaker 1: Club can forget about you parents, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids club, that's that's their one job.
Speaker 1: Now to run the club.
Speaker 2: Also, Allie's very strong on the intercom. She should be where hungry Jacks.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. We've got a stack of calls. We're going to get to them. And guess who else is called true?
Speaker 1: My dad just reminded me of a time he forgot me, and it is a doozy. We're gonna have to get him on the line.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Georgia, Georgia and Clyde, what's your story?
Speaker 5: So my dad forgot me and my sister. We were we went to the video shop, me and my younger sister and my younger brother and we were in the back of the car, and he went into the shop and left.
Speaker 1: Us in the car.
Speaker 5: And we had one of those cars with those little hardy holes that kind of crept into the boot.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, the middle seat. No no, no, no, the the middle seat went down. Yeah, and don't go in a car with a party hole into the boot.
Speaker 5: So me and my little sister thought it would be funny to take into the boot. So we sneaked into the boot and then my little brother closed the door and brilliant, and then my dad had jumped back into the car not realized. We went in the back of the seat and drove all the way home with us in the back of the boot.
Speaker 1: Were you screaming?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were. We were buying everything and he didn't did.
Speaker 1: Not hear your dad?
Speaker 3: Remember I taught you if you get the nineties, you put someone's boot, you punch out the tail light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's if you get kids.
Speaker 2: Wave your hand through the gay. Well that's not happening regularly, is it not. But you know what if it happens to you today.
Speaker 1: I'm too heavy to get kidnapped, no one's picking me up.
Speaker 3: You can be able to punch it through. Just keeping cable tired? Put your little hand out. Okay, Oh sorry, I'm trying to say, well you sound experienced too. Are you're looking in a boot?
Speaker 1: How many times have you kidnapped? Table?
Speaker 2: Just reminds me gonna get my tail life fixed?
Speaker 1: So you do have a broken tail. You told us you reversed into a pole.
Speaker 2: All right, let's say.
Speaker 1: Eva in Oak Park, did somebody forget you?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Have my line?
Speaker 6: I was at clinic and you was to kick me up at eleven.
Speaker 5: Stop me.
Speaker 6: So my client had to call her and so where are you? And she came in ellen later and then and then the next day at school she needs at one o'clock and she forgot me and the mom had to call her. She didn't answer, and one of the moms and thank he entered for one of the moms, and then he had to come and sick me up.
Speaker 1: So she forgot you two days in a row.
Speaker 2: Either, Maybe she just wanted to break No.
Speaker 1: Eva, do you know has anyone ever told you you're allowed to divorce your parents?
Speaker 2: No? You're not either if I can't either? Does your mummy like wine?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Not really?
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 4: Either?
Speaker 1: She got forgotten two days in a row.
Speaker 2: Just want to break. Let's go to Kate.
Speaker 1: She's so cute.
Speaker 2: Kate was involved daycare.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it wasn't me, but it was my mom and my baby brother. We lived about forty minutes from town and she was racing home to get ready for his birthday party that night. I was dark quarter to six and we were five minutes from home and I said, oh, Mom, where's them? And she goes, I'm just sleep in the back seat. I turned around and said, no, we haven't picked him up from day care. Yeah. So dad had to do the waters day in the day to about half halff six to pick up my brother and it was his birthday. Yeah, it was his birthday.
Speaker 2: Sad, happy birthday.
Speaker 1: I've done it, easy, done now.
Speaker 2: I did it with Felix when he was about eight hours old.
Speaker 1: What you can't, Ben, Well, we want you to forget what your wife's just gone through for the last nine months, Jason, she was let alone the last twenty four I'm.
Speaker 2: Detecting that sarcastic. I'm the union. No, Well, I like I forgot we had a kid. We only just had a kid, you know what I mean. So it's very momentous occasion. I would one forget put the capture in the back.
Speaker 1: Been through much. He'd been at the Cabrini Cafe smashing saucy drolls while I was pushing out of it all.
Speaker 3: On the way home, Lou wanted to stop at subway, so she went in the subway and I just sat in the front seat on Instagram, and then I just hear this little.
Speaker 2: Cough and it's scared that crap out of me. I was like, who the hell's in the backs? Oh, that's why we've got a kid.
Speaker 1: I got a child. Now, well that was the beginning of life. Now I want to tell you about a traumatic experience that happened to me.
Speaker 2: Here we go. We got your dad. Bobby Phillip was on the line.
Speaker 8: Bobby, good morning were Bobby? How are you? I'm excellent?
Speaker 1: Thank you anxiety. Okay, you can talk. I want to start the story and he can finish it.
Speaker 2: I will be just want to check. Has your daughter your daughter been checking in on you lately? She dropped by.
Speaker 8: No, she hasn't. I think no. I did see her. I can't remember now I'm getting a bit old, but probably a few weeks ago she way from me.
Speaker 2: She went past it was did she slow down or just wait?
Speaker 1: All right now, Dad, I'm start this story and then you can explain what happened. So tragically, my dad's mum, Nanna Mavis, was very very old when she passed away. We'd gone to the nursing home to say our final goodbyes, just Dad and I. My brother was away. So Dad and I sitting in the nursing home. I've said my final good byes, and Dad said and the doctors said. I was like, I don't know, seventeen say. And the doctors had said, you know, it depends. Do you want to be here for this moment? And I was like yeah, So we were there. Then there's a lot of sort of fuss that happens after someone passes away and people come into the room and you've got to you know, they have to pronounce the person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I'm going to leave now. Dad goes love, let me deal with all of this stuff. You go sit in the waiting room.
Speaker 2: What a good dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, I'll deal with it. Dad's an only child. I wanted to be there for him, but he was like, let me do this. You go sit in the waiting room. So I'm sitting siting in the waiting room, and like two and a half hours passed by, and I start thinking, maybe she's come back to life. She's back, but maybe she's got an extra a few years and she just sat up, going what's all the fuss about it? So I'm very patiently waiting. Time ticks by, the next hour ticks bine, I'm like, what is going next minute? Which is the one thing I didn't want to do. I see my nan being wheeled out on a troy covered in a sheet, and I'm like, na gone, she gone the lashing. Maybe Dad's brown bread too. So I called dad and I'm like, Dad, where are you over to you?
Speaker 8: Bobby old Pierre old man? And she got wheeled out in a green body bag, pretty attractive sort of things. And I get this frantic So uncle, where are your dad? Where are your dad? Where do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Dad? Was?
Speaker 8: I think you love this?
Speaker 1: Jo?
Speaker 8: I'm up with Ferguson player in Coburg, ordering ties for lunch.
Speaker 2: That's what she would have wanted. It's what she would have wanted.
Speaker 8: Laurence Lauren, I'm twelve k's away. Laurence still sitting in the nursing home. The good news is Nana did pass away peacefully. She's a wonderful lady.
Speaker 2: That's a great news.
Speaker 8: Was make fabulous pies and we got the.
Speaker 1: You know what. He was in the He was in the peak of Greek all right, pies and sausage draws to invite people over to grief my nan. While I'm sitting there watching her, the cold body be wheeled out in a body bag.
Speaker 8: Hey Bobby, we love you all right, love you speaking with you. My apologies, Laurence you soon, but.
Speaker 1: Love your dad?
Speaker 6: He did?
Speaker 1: He not say I love you too bad?
Speaker 2: That's all that's that is. You've got to say hello anymore. Let me try. Hey Bobby, love you, Love you, Bobby, love you very much. What a dog try to get?
Speaker 1: Love your dad? Are you turning him down? Lauren Wake up Feeling Good? On No.
Speaker 7: One hundred.
Speaker 1: Lauren on Socials