Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to The Maths Funny Podcast with me Joshua Fox, And welcome to the first episode of what I'm going to call The Aftermaths, where I'll sit down with cast members one by one to unpack the season, find out all the things they're now only able to reveal now the show's over, and also ask them, yo, what's next? And I hope you like the name the after Maths, as in the after math little playing words for you there, and you know, the word after math is also defined in the Dictionary as the consequences or after effects of a significant, unpleasant event, which sounds about right to be honest, doesn't it. Anyway, my first sit down was only ever going to be with the queen of the season in my eyes, Athena. With these chats, I'm not aiming to change anyone's minds, but what I will say is, if you're one of the people who's been saying things like why did Athena stay so long? She's just as bad as Adrian for staying so long, why did she change your mind? Or if you're wanted the people who've been questioning her as a mother, which I don't agree with, where it's been like, why would she leave a son for so along? She never saw a sun. I just want to say this chat will give a lot more context to things that we didn't see in TV that will answer some of those questions. Enjoy, Hello, and welcome back to the Mathspony podcast. I'm very excited about today's episode because I'm joined by my favorite braid of the season.
Speaker 2: Don't lie there.
Speaker 1: I've been saying that on the podcast every week, so obviously not listen.
Speaker 2: I haven't been listening to all. I listened to your one with my ex husband. Oh yeah, you had him on the pod before me. To be honest, it was quite hilarious, especially the part where he rang and I didn't answer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, cheers, cheers. Okay, right, so we we're in Sydney. It's finally over, and you are a free woman.
Speaker 2: I am a free woman finally.
Speaker 1: I am so happy for you that you're now just you've seen the light.
Speaker 2: I saw the light a long time.
Speaker 1: Well you know, he saw the light. Then you went.
Speaker 2: Lot of rose colored glasses on there. No, I I saw some of the light.
Speaker 1: Some Okay, well let's let's rewind and go back to we've just watched the reunion episode. You and Adrian I both arrived separately, and it's done for good, and then it's done. He's kind of flipped the script on you. Is like you never shown an interest in his business. You called him stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean, was I wrong there to call him stupid? No, If I'm being very honest, throughout the experiment, I showed so much interest in Adrian's life. He if you actually watch back the episodes, I'm consistently wearing his Sweet Sunday's merch. He was always caught out for very place. I did product placement all the time, because they would recognize when he wore it and he would get told to take it off. They never recognized when I slipped through his product on. Not only that, I told him ideas throughout the experiment, like hey, when you bake this, let's film the cast now so that you can have those reactions live next. Yuh when this is all trending, I was constantly bouncing back on.
Speaker 1: His business manager.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, when I'm dating someone, I want to show interest in everything they do. So this is the direction he wanted to go. So it's like, if this is his direction, I'm going to help him go full steam ahead. That's high shot for a partner, but it was just everything. So I did have an interest in his business because it was for my partner in that same kind of context. I don't think he asked me once any questions about myself. And I think when you're so giving, you naturally just think the relationship is almost both ways because you're showing up in every way so things work well.
Speaker 1: My perception is you wanted it to work so badly that you maybe were blind to red flags and certain behaviors.
Speaker 2: And I think with what everyone kind of forgets is that I'm in an experiment. I'm in an environment where I'm in these apartments with a partner that I didn't choose. So I'm kind of there and I'm going, well, why will we partner to get together?
Speaker 1: This is my part to be something there?
Speaker 2: Well, there has to be something. So I'm showing up how I would naturally for a partner. So I'm still trying to get to know who Adrine is to his core. He doesn't know me yet. He doesn't have to show up as a partner yet, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt to get to know me and you know, put in the work that I'm putting in, and like, you know, we've given up a lot to be here. Let's let's try. And I felt like I was the only one trying consistently, and it was just really hard for me to kind of go, when do you kind of draw the lines when there's so many more layers than everyone else has seen, Like you've got production, you've got other cast members like cast members, but you know, applicants or whatever participants, You've got so many layers. And also when you're that cut because I never watched the show before, when you're that one in a relationship where it is tumultuous, it's scary because you go to these commitment ceremonies and you're open, you're exposing yourself to the group, and you're opening yourself up to criticism. And everyone online's only seeing criticism towards Adrian. What they haven't shown is all the criticism that I also received whilst.
Speaker 1: In the experiment from the experts.
Speaker 2: The experts, from other applicants.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, what were you being criticized for? Because you kind of gave this everything.
Speaker 2: So in those early few commitment ceremonies, I addressed a few times where I didn't think Adrian I were compatible, and I essentially had the experts, because they're not seen behind closed doors, put that back onto me and say, Adriane isn't showing up because I'm pushing him away by using language like we're not compatible, I'm essentially saying you're not good enough for me, and so why would Adrian show up?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: And then also I had a few of the other girls when I brought up issues to them off camera where I said, hey, I think I want to go home again. I was received with that same kind of feedback where it's like, you're not giving Adrian a chance. Adrian's a soulful man, Adrian's given up to a lot to be here. You should give him a chance. It's unfair. Because X y Z left the experiment and then Elliott leaving the experiment almost was like this big scary story because you watched how much people ripped him to shreds when he wasn't in a room to defend himself. And now we all saw how that played out afterwards. Lauren wasn't that great, but in that moment when Elliott wasn't there, he got ripped to shreds. I thought, oh my god, am I not only did I not get the love of my life, I'm also going to be this villain, this bad person for not trying.
Speaker 1: So it's almost in those moments you thought, actually, this isn't gonna work you. Like Pear pressured.
Speaker 2: Everyone, I felt peer pressured, but not only that. Like I recognized very early on, there was a lot of characteristics within Adrian that I would never want for a life partner. Now, I if I saw a future with Adrian, a real future, he would have met my son. Like I went in there for a life partner and I got a child. I got a.
Speaker 1: Child, second child.
Speaker 2: I got a second child. Now the issue with that is you can blame peer pressure, and you can blame the experts and production. When I did choose to stay, even though there were so many layers to that decision, I'm spending a lot of time with this man. Intimately, we're together five days a week without the rest of the group. We're in an apartment on top of each other. Naturally, feelings are going to develop, and I did kind of develop, like this care for Adrian, where I would keep seeing a child do the wrong thing, and I wanted to keep helping him, and I just I couldn't remove like the child from the man. I kept seeing this child who needed my help.
Speaker 1: And then, well, my understanding is as the season progressed and it became clear Adrian was going to be a villain, that you almost felt protective, right, and you're like, you're staying more than you would have because you want to.
Speaker 2: I was genuinely protecting him, even at that last moment in Final Vows where everyone thinks I stayed to get laid. I didn't even have sex that night. There was no intimacy. We were never intimate again after that last dinner party ever again. But I almost felt like if we stayed together, they're going to show us better moments and not the worst moments that I saw. Still in those last moments, I was still trying to protect him.
Speaker 1: And even so, just to go back to Valentine's Day, when we first met at that girl's lunch and then you obviously kind of snuck out early because Adrian was picking you up, and I said to you, don't do it. You said, Adrian's picking me up. Then I was like, why are you doing this? Like I know that you're over you owe him nothing. And I was like, I can say I was like mad for you, mad at you, but obviously I didn't know you. But I was just upset as well that I still felt like you had a hold of you.
Speaker 2: I'll still I'll be very honest like at that point, I kept our communication channel open for him, not for me, because I knew how hard it would be for him watching it play out, and not because he's getting a smack to the face with reality. I it'd be hard for him because the backlash he would receive because he perceived himself as this big, amazing guy and he kept villifying me at any turn, and I knew the reality would smack him in the face and again silling me. I wanted to be like, hey, are you okay? And at Valentine's Day was a time where one hundred percent of the audience didn't like Adrian and one hundred percent of the audience were in support of me. So if I was seen with Adrian, Adrian, even if I could just take ten percent of that heat away from him and then add that ten percent towards me, I could handle that.
Speaker 1: But then there was obviously that was February fourteen, for now were the start of April, and now he's blocked Okay, well yeah what changed since then?
Speaker 2: What's changed is again, like the experiment, I kept offering this man lifelines, and it was always, you know, he would receive that lifeline, happy, get what he wants from me, and then a couple of days later take out his frustrations on me. I'm not your partner anymore. I'm barely your friend at this moment. I'm trying to establish boundaries and you were just knocking them over. I don't have to tolerate that.
Speaker 1: It gives frustrations that you like when he's getting slammed on the shower in the media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, in the media slams him when something happens on you know, the show that he doesn't agree with. I'm always is outlet. It's like, this is your fault. You've done this, You've done that. There's never any accountability. It's never going Hey hang on a minute, I'm probably you know I could have handled that situation differently. I'm really sorry. It was just like the edit. You you you I'm always going to be the bad guy in Adrian's story. And I said to myself. You know what a fine Now you're always gonna be the bad guy in his story. You don't need him. He needs you, yes, And he's literally offered you zero kindness from how much support you've offered him. It's always just attack, attack, And I don't need this, like I really don't. And at one point you kind of have to be like, he's not a child anymore, he's an adult, and I'm done. So I blocked him on all platforms. I blocked him that day. I blocked him, and then he added me on Snapchat. I blocked him on Snapchat and now he's added beyond TikTok, so I haven't mate. If I had a LinkedIn, he probably would have added me on that. But I also think another reason why this is my naughty reason. I think I also kept the channel open. Adrian's relentless. He's like Jackie, you know, relentless. So I knew his frustrations would be online where he would then kind of push his narrative, get in front of the story and kind of paint me in a negative light like he did in the experiment. No one else saw that because it wasn't shown, but there were so many times where I would address concerns and it would be deflected back onto me and I would be made for like the bad guy. And I almost felt like it was going to happen now because I don't have a voice, I don't have an online platform. I'm not rogue like he is on every social media channel, uploading a million tiktoks, his brother as well. So I thought, if I can you offer him some kindness, maybe he wouldn't be attacking my character daily. But even with the kindness towards him, he was still attacking me. So it's like, why am I helping this guy?
Speaker 1: I just need to cut him off for good because he's.
Speaker 2: Still commenting about me, his family, his sisters, his dad, even it's fake fan pages.
Speaker 1: I think for me watching it, it was that commitment ceremony where someone else is on the phone, he's whispering to you, kind of telling you what you can and can't say, and that to me, we knew it was a bad relationship when I wasn't a fan of aging, but to me that was like next level. And I was reading people to find that as coercive control, which I personally don't know much about, having no experience of that, But did you ever feel like he was controlling in that way?
Speaker 2: There was so many moments throughout the experiment, almost every dinner party, commitment ceremony where back in our room no cameras on, where he would be like, you should say this, and you should say that, and you shouldn't be saying that. You're gonna look bad for saying this, You're gonna look this, and the language Adrian would always use towards me as when we would leave a dinner party, commitment ceremony, even production agrees with me, your behavior in there was wrong. Even production agrees no one listened to me. Even production agrees your sister was in the wrong at friends and family, So it was never just himself. The language he would always use against me was like a collective like group. He really isolated me because there were so many moments I would leave an experience with Adrian and I would think I'm the bad guy because he would use that collective language. Now I didn't have a relationship with production, but I always saw Adrian laughing, joking, high fiving production, like manipulating that they were all good mates, and I felt like I was on the outside, you know, had them all on Instagram. I didn't have anyone on Instagram. You know. He spoke to ex applicants. I didn't. I had zero connection to this maths world. So I felt like I was on the outside. I felt like I was Adrian's wife, like.
Speaker 1: Not a participant. You were like ys plus one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I felt like there were so many opportunities where I recognized poor behavior, but I was like, oh my god, his behavior is wrong, and I'm trying to defend myself, but they're going to make it out like I'm the bad guy, because he was always making me feel like I was a bad guy by the end of it. And there was moments in the experiment where Jamie always stood up for me. She always stood on business, but it was always just Jamie. So when we would leave a dinner party and he was definitely in the wrong, he would leave it and go, see how only Jamie stood up for you, because if you were in the right, that everyone would have you were in the wrong. And I would leave there going, well, why didn't more people stand up for me? Then maybe I am in the wrong. Maybe I am, and I would question myself because again that collective language.
Speaker 1: Would were essentially manipulated everywhere because producers do that to an extent, the experts do because theyre following a storyline. But then to have that behind the scenes in your room when like that's a vulnerable at the very small rooms.
Speaker 2: It's just we had the smallest room too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So other people had two bedroom apartments, they had like external bathrooms they had We had the smallest room in the experiment. I could touch my kitchen from my bed.
Speaker 1: That's I don't know. I feel like I had no space. I feel like everyone just failed you in a way that you should have had more support. You should have had people going that's not okay.
Speaker 2: And you know the commitment ceremony where I wrote stay and all of Australia gassed. Yeah, and it was just like this big thing because everyone was expecting me to leave. I actually had a therapy session during that commitment ceremony with the private with a private therapist that and Mole had like obviously employed to them. I we have breaks in between filming, and I literally had like a therapy session.
Speaker 1: Because you were struggling so much.
Speaker 2: I struggled right after like I start on that couch and I one hundred and ten percent regretted my decision. I actually felt like in that couch that in I was questioned more than Adrian was. It is an aired, but I was made to feel like I was in the wrong.
Speaker 1: So instead of producing saying okay, well you can see you're quite distressed, we can see you regret your decision. You don't actually have to stay. That is when I chat to the focist.
Speaker 2: I was crying in another room, like crying in tears.
Speaker 1: Like and this is the stuff for yous don't see and they've been gone. Why is it fin and gone back? Why did she at the final of ours say let's hang out? But it's all these little things add to that decision.
Speaker 2: And everyone goes, well, you know what, then you were intimate with him again afterwards, and then you and then you guys were you know, getting along. And it's like when you're made to feel like the bad guy, when you're made to feel like friends and family. Your sister could lose her job if it's edited a certain way, because my twin sister was so worried should lose her job. If you sit there and everyone doesn't know who to kind of believe because you guys are watching it from a outside spectrum, and you're seeing behind closed doors, but everyone else doesn't know what's going on. It's he, she said. And at this point, Adrian was a life for the party. Adrian was everyone's friend. He was in the group chats, he was facetiming everyone. I wasn't that close with everyone at this point, and it was almost easier when he and I got on. It was easier. I didn't I didn't have this weight on my chest. I was like, maybe just make it work a fena And then naturally after that, I had a better time when I just dropped every issue, stopped worrying about my needs, and just looked at it as like something to just kind of get through, And then it was easier. We're not being funny. I know you want it the thing that make.
Speaker 1: Me Okay, well we both need a drink, we'll just take a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shit, this is getting deep.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's just And the reason I say you're my favorite Brider is because I think it sounds stupid, but I see a lot of what I've been through kind of in you, where I've stayed in relationships that I knew were not good because you think maybe that's what you deserve or what you're worth. And I know you came out of a fourteen year relationship straight into that, And like when my marriage ended a few years ago, I would jump into anything after that, thinking, Okay, I can make this work. You know, I've got someone again. And like when my marriage ended, I felt like a failure as a person. And then I was desperate to like fast forward to being in love with somebody else, and I when I see you stay and stuff, Obviously, I know you've got all these levels of manipulation from everyone, But then I just saw a woman who just wanted.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, I love love and I love affection like I genuinely think I shop from my partners with all five love languages, and I'm very affectionate, Like I will cuddle and kiss all my friends like I'm on top of them. I'm you.
Speaker 1: Literally, when we saw each other a second, you jumped on it in hotel loving and everyone's looking around, like so affectionate.
Speaker 2: That is me. I'm affectionate, but I will be very honest. I didn't think Adrian deserved me within the experiment. That's how I was able to kind of leave that experience with kind of my head held high going. I deserved better, but I knew better during the experiment. It was just scary. It was really hard, and I felt like I was made to feel like I was letting people down. If I was leaving, If I left, I let people down. There was so much layers to that, but I left going, you know what, we can still be friends. We did this experience together. There is a care there and there are feelings, but those feelings never progressed past surface level. You're watching me cry and break down, not because I've got these deep feelings for Adrian. You're watching me cry and break down because of how I'm being treated as a human, like, even as a friend. Treating someone the way I was getting treated sometimes it's heartbreaking. You're gonna cry. If you're doing all these things as someone and you're being kind and you're being intimate, you expect some level of respect and just some like decency. And I was consistently blindsided by Adrian.
Speaker 1: For me, the hardest thing to watch with you was the episode with his sisters and Jasmine Chick, and to me, that was like across the line. There was no one could say that was entertaining to watch as Royality TV try yeah, like and is it true that? So they sat you down there and they all went at you before clear was brought on to say yeah that.
Speaker 2: Friends and family went for like five minutes, not even like. I was already nervous about seeing them. Adrian and I obviously off the back of a tough week where he wrote stay and I decided to leave. I was done. I've tried my hardest and I didn't want to be there anymore. So walking into friends and family, I had actually texted my twin sister that morning and I said, go easy on, Adrian, if we're here, I don't need this level of hostility. Like I'm struggling enough as it is, Like everyone could see that I'm struggling, like I'm a shell that day. And then I sat down and I thought it could be nice and nice friends and family. They're just gonna catch up. We can eat, we can have a few drinks, and let's just come on like civility, like we're grown ups. I was met with instant hostility. It was an interrogation of the off the get go, and afterwards when I said that that was hostile, it was an interrogation Adrian deflected that back onto me and made me feel like, no, clear when I were in the wrong and we were the bad guys and we attacked and our aggression was wrong and our language was wrong. And then even when we were like in a group dynamic that night the dinner party, he was telling everyone his you know, warped reality. I could hear him on the outside telling everyone his version of events. And I do feel like a lot of people failed me that night, because I think that more people should have stood up for me in that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's not even the cast that failed you, it's everyone involved in this show, because, as I said, you said you went into that friends and family, you're already feeling a bit like uneasy. You weren't enjoying it. And they allowed those people, those free women, to just attack you before bringing in Cleo, who was your support. Like the production so everyone a woman who were struggling, and they thought, let's throw free people who are going to attack her. And like I didn't like people always say like, oh that my podcast meant to be funny, and I tried to do it, but things.
Speaker 2: Like that, it's I cried watching that back.
Speaker 1: I can imagine reliving it like I cried.
Speaker 2: And I think the reason I cried is because I when the experiment was over, I could breathe. I was happy. But I actually left this experience going I'm the bad guy. I genuinely did. I told Cleo, I'm gonna be made out like the villain. I was made to feel like the villain. So everyone else was watching it back like, aren't you happy like your story supported Like the other applicants that watched this show I won't name, but you know, like you've got all the airtime for this, and aren't you happy for this? And you know people saw your point of perspective like, no, I'm not happy because as much as it's like validating for other people, it was, it was hard for me to watch because I was made to feel like the bad guy in that moment, and watching it back out, I was going, you weren't the bad person, Avena, you were valid in how you felt. You were made to feel like the bad guy. So when you walked into that commitment ceremony and you chose to stay even though every bone in your body didn't want to, you stayed because you thought, I need to change perspective on yourself because you're the bad guy in this and your sisters the aggressor in this. So it was really confronting to me to see that, No, Avena, you were not the bad guy.
Speaker 1: You're never the but guy.
Speaker 2: So that that was hard because I was.
Speaker 1: Like, and you reckon going forward. At least you've learned a lot about what in the next guy you date. You know what to look for now, and you know what red.
Speaker 2: Flo No, because I'm going to tell you right now, I never would have dated Adrian in my own community, in my soil, in my friend group, in my like he wouldn't have got past the first date.
Speaker 1: H Really, that's the truth.
Speaker 2: If I met Adrian, I can appreciate when someone's attractive. For the language you will see me use through the experiment is chemistry, physical attraction. Chemistry, physical attractions. Chemistry, physical attraction. Now, I love to compliment my partner. Now, if he had any other redeeming qualities about him, you would have heard me mention it multiple times. The only reason you only hear chemistry and physical attractions because that's all he had to him. So if I'm gonna, you know, give affirmations to my partner. I'm not gonna lie. That's all he had and that's not a foundation of a long term relationship which I had just come from, and that's what I still wanted. He's someone I would have slept with once and not again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all about those people ever again. Okay, Well let's I think we've spoken about Adrian enough now. Okay, hopefully we as the Australian public can leave him behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm i gonna say one thing though. Yes, after this week, you know it's done on air, I will never talk about Adrian again. Great, so this, I'm gonna do a few podcasts this week. I'm gonna do Channel want to interview press on Monday. That's it. You will never hear me mention that man's name again. He's blocked for a reason. I'm moving on with my life and I will never speak of him again.
Speaker 1: You know, what I like about you is the fact that everyone is now at the stage where they're planning podcasts and fashion ranges and this and that, and last time I spoke to you, you just went well, you know, I'm just taking myself to a sports club and then I'm doing a shift like Edge Care and you're like that's all you want in your life, Like you don't want these, you don't.
Speaker 2: My job's pretty awesome. I'm not gonna lie, like I have a really great job.
Speaker 1: But like, to me, that's just telling the character. You're just a nice, genuine person.
Speaker 2: Well it's I do have a good gig, and like I'm really lucky because like I've got a really great community behind me. I remember when I first got back home, one of my friends cried, and this is before it all aired, and she cried because she was like, I just want the light back in you. And I was like, oh, and I was like it's so telling of like the people I'm normally around, Like people genuinely care about you, and they can see things. They're not waiting for you to spell a picture, Like how do people not see? Like now you're watching it back, there's comments where it's like a veenis body's rejecting her, like she's a gained eight kilos in that experiment, but not only that inflammation my eyes, Like there's so many things, there's so many telling signs. And they come home and my friends recognize it instantly, you know, Like it's just beautiful being home in my community. Like I went straight back to work, I picked my son up on the way home from the airport. I flew home five times through the experiment. I got a cost to myself.
Speaker 1: Oh, they wouldn't pay for that, No, I pay for it.
Speaker 2: Myself, and was about eight hundred every time. And I was finally like cheap twenty four hours home each time because weekends we got off and it was like I had to be preapproved, so like yeah, it was like eight hundred and fifty each time, and then like obviously ubers to and from the airport, so it was like a thousand dollars to see my son every That's the.
Speaker 1: Biggest shock of the season to me. It would not to go see yoursel Yeah, I pay for myself fucking on the shows making tons of millions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like literally, and it'd be like last minute that maybe it's a week I'm struggling, and they'd be like, hey, Pean, you can go home this weekend.
Speaker 1: And then they're taking a box like okay, well she was struggling, so she's good now.
Speaker 2: With Well, I get that twenty four hours home and I would almost feel like re energized, where I'd be like Okay, maybe I can. I can do this, like maybe I can put my big girl panties on, and let's try again, let's reset, and.
Speaker 1: You might not have found a pilot, but you found Jamie.
Speaker 2: I did think Jamie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was very cute in the reunion, like all the girls together, like.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. But the reunion was amazing and I felt like a lot of us women were very much in our power. Yes, and we left together like into another room and we were all just like holding each other like we've got this. And I don't watch maths. I don't know about previous seasons. I don't know if previous seasons had that girl kind.
Speaker 1: Of not so this like extent. It was more like one or two girls together, not like the whole group.
Speaker 2: But it was really incredible. But what you will, what you guys do miss out on in that episode is while we're all outside in that other room, very much in our element together, Adrian's the one who walks out, and it's like, come on, girls, come back to the dinner party. Like, come on, girls, come back to the dinner party. I'm like, oh my fucking god. The gift that keeps on giving. Yeah, it sounds about right, but no, I am incredibly grateful for this experience. I will be honest. At first, I had so much regrets. I wish I never did it. I think everyone says that, But now I'm so thankful. I think I left a really long term relationship. Now. When I left, I felt like I needed excitement. I feel like I'd missed out on something. Like everyone had kind of.
Speaker 1: Gone relationship your whole twenties.
Speaker 2: My teenageers too. I met him when I was fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like you might have looked back and fuck my best years of behind me, Like, and I didn't do anything wild.
Speaker 2: I was so thankful for my son because he's amazing, but I thought I'm missing out on something. I need excitement, I need something I need to catch up to the rest of the world, you know, Like I don't feel like i'd done enough. Even though I've lived this very beautiful, incredible life, I felt like it was lacking somewhere, like I had a hole. And then Maths fell into my lap almost And I'm thankful for it because I think a lot of people after a long term breakup, they spend years chasing something I had three months and when I left that experience, I was kind of like, holy fuck, my life is so great. I'm so content. I'm so happy in my life. I am not missing out on anything. The level of excitement I over my life I have every day because I have this beautiful community behind me and we do different things. You know, like it is exciting.
Speaker 1: You've got great friends, a good job, and a son and a.
Speaker 2: Beautiful home and a beautiful family. Right, And I'm excited because I'm I haven't been dating since the experiment ended, but I'm going to start. See, I actually want to get on the hinge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to get on and is the fun one and you can have a fun movie your profile and I want.
Speaker 2: To go on like like those dating events see single dating events, Jamie told me, any laying people go to them. But I'm going kind of yea like speed Day and I've never done it, but I'm going, yeah it, why not? Can't be worse than what I already did.
Speaker 1: Well, I will look forward to catching get with you again soon on the podcast, and hopefully you'll have a big update for us.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you will too be married. Maybe we'll both be hitched together.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know because I speak quite haheighthly of you, and I thing A lot of listeners don't well as I'm gay, so often they say, Josh, you should get with Athena.
Speaker 2: I've seen the comments when people were writing that, and I was like, how did these men not realize that Josh is gay? Like they were like a feet I mean, Josh ask her on a date, and I'm like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: If I was straight, I'll take you on the best day the wedding. I'll just treat you like the queen you should be.
Speaker 2: No, but I actually I will be honest. I think Adrian treated me or showed up for me the best you would in any relationship. I generally feel like I feel like that's just Adrian, Like truly, I don't think it's ever going to get better than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, on that note, we will cheers and end this podcast. That's cute.
Speaker 2: It was cute.