Speaker 1: Appod Shay Production. Welcome to the Sheep Risers Podcast. I'm Ashley and I'm Tiana. This podcast is about female empowerment.
Speaker 2: And encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We'd help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh and cry and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Get ready for your next level of self.
Speaker 3: We are very excited.
Speaker 1: We made a dream guest list and we officially have our first dream guest coming on board today. It is the one and only Queen of Manifestation, Gabby Bernstein. Gabby, Welcome to the podcast. We are so happy you're here today.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Before we start any of our Monday episodes, we also do a thing called Share of the Week where we share something with our audience. It could be a product, it could be a new quote, it could be a restaurant, it could be anything. Is this something you'd like to share with our audience?
Speaker 3: We had so many products.
Speaker 4: Great hero serum that I'm obsessed with is mean Ivy. It's like a water HARISERA my friend Michelle Zeller is the founder of it. That's quite epic. Honestly, it's amazing. I am doing castor oil packs so like I'm doing it for like liver cleansing and gut health and just like soft skin. There's a great product that I love that is called Queen of the Thrones, which is the product for the cast oil.
Speaker 3: Oh epic.
Speaker 1: I need to try that hair serum. Thank you so much for sharing those before we get started. But anyone who doesn't know who you are in a nutshell, who are you and what do you do?
Speaker 3: My name is Gabby Bernstein.
Speaker 4: I have been working as a spiritual teacher for twenty years, since I was twenty five years old.
Speaker 3: I'm forty five now, and I.
Speaker 4: Have really been on a committed mission to help people establish a spiritual connection of their own to recognize what that means to them.
Speaker 3: My way is not their own way.
Speaker 4: I just share my experience, my journey and my tools to help people crack open to what that means to them.
Speaker 3: And when we.
Speaker 4: Start to develop a a spiritual connection to a universal energy, to the energy of love, to more positive thoughts, to a perspective of the world that leans into more optimism, hope, faith, gratitude, appreciation, we start to actually change the energy that we put out. And when we change the energy that we put out, what's reflected back to us is more of what we want. So what we extend out with our thoughts, first, our thoughts become beliefs. Our repeated thoughts become beliefs. Those beliefs have an energy. When we express that energy out to the world, that energy is reflected back to us tenfold. And so the secret to manifesting is to recognize the thoughts and beliefs and energetic feelings that we have on repeat that are creating a world that we don't want to see, and to do whatever it takes to support ourselves in the inner self help, personal development, spiritual work that's necessary to undo those belief systems and patterns so that we can attract more of what we want into our life and have more fun period.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's almost like the lack attracts lacks, and more positive high vibraginal energy attracts more in. And also on the flip side, when you're in a low negative state, you're going to attract more of that in as well. Love that and what are your call principles around manifestation for someone who's never ever started, like how they listen to this? Okay, love that, and how do I get started?
Speaker 4: First, it's about clarity, knowing how you want to feel. Right, We manifest how we feel, We manifest who we are, We manifest what we believe. So instead of just thinking, oh, I want that thing, I'm going to write it down a thousand times, or I'm going to make a vision board, or I'm going to put a statement out to the universe. Oh that's great, but it's really what is the story or belief that's blocking me from this desire.
Speaker 3: That I really want? And the real.
Speaker 4: Manifesting work is to recognize those beliefs and patterns that are holding us back and start to tend to them, start to offer connection inside, start to lean into a different perspectives so that we can heal the wounded parts of ourselves that block us. Now, I think that when we know what we don't want, we have more clarity about what we do want. And knowing what we do want allows us to recognize the feelings and the energy that might be associated with what it is that we want. Right, so, maybe we want financial freedom, Well, what does that feel like inside, or we want to have a more romantic relationship, what does that energy feel like, and starting to access more of that feeling in our life even when the desire isn't there yet.
Speaker 3: So let's say you want to attract a partner.
Speaker 4: And I used to walk around the streets of New York City in my late twenties when I was manifesting my beloved who's now my husband since I was twenty seven. We met at twenty seven, got married when I was thirty five, And when I was manifesting and attracting him, instead of walking around seeing all my friends who were dating or getting married or having babies and feeling bad about myself, I chose to one see those people in my life as driftwood like moments of seeing, okay, well, that thing that they have is actually a sign that that's on the way for me. And then what I would do is I'd walk the streets of New York and I would feel I would pretend like I was holding hands with my beloved in the streets of New York City, and I'd feel into the feeling of what that felt like and the energy of what that would feel like. And now to this day, twelve years thirteen years later of marriage. Our favorite thing to do is walk around the streets of New York City and hold hands. You manifest the energy.
Speaker 2: Isn't that funny? It's so interesting as well, Like we get so caught up in like the thinking of the thing, but not actually the feeling. And would you say that that's like the big disconnect around people who are trying versus the people who are actually manifesting in like creating that dream lot.
Speaker 4: It's a huge disconnect because once again, you manifest who you are, you manifest what you believe, and you manifest how you feel. So if you feel a certain way, that starts to define who you are. Right if you're walking around with a bad attitude all day long, then you're putting out a bad vibe.
Speaker 3: I've seen it shift penfold.
Speaker 4: Like right now, I have an app called the Gabby Coaching App, and in my app, I do all these challenges like the Manifesting Challenge.
Speaker 3: In January.
Speaker 4: Now, I just launched this new challenge called Trust the Universe Challenge, and it's based on the principles of my number one Year Times bestseller, The Universe Has Your Back. Like my most popular book. I knew people needed this right now. They needed to trust the divine connection, they needed to transform their fear into faith. So I made this daily practice of twenty one days of connecting to the universe. And I've been doing it for the past eight days and eight days into my own challenge. I've been doing it with my friend Carrie. We message each other daily, we talk about it all the time, and eight days in I have radically transformed this one mindset that was super minimal holding me back, a mindset belief that frankly like snuck up on me.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know how that happened. I was like, where did you come from? I haven't ever heard you before. I was like, let's bring it to this challenge.
Speaker 4: So I've been sending the last eight days connecting to the universe, doing my practices, meditations, prayers, you know, really defining my faith statement, developing my spiritual redeveloping, reconnecting to my spiritual faith. And in the last eight days, the most radical shit has gone down. You guys, like I made this decision that the desire I want was I wanted to feel more support from the universe and feel more support around my work and everything. God, I gotta tell you, I mean from anything from like the parking spot that I wanted to, like the upgrade at the hotel. Like I showed up put the hotel and I'm like the early upgrades and they're like, we already gave it to you, and I was like duh.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Then I went and I sat down. An hour later, I had.
Speaker 4: A coffee at the cafe and like an email popped in and it was like someone offering me like a crazy amount of money just to like show up to an event that I would have showed up to myself, you know. And these are things like you know that it wasn't about the money and the abundance, although that's wonderful, or the manifestation of a thing. What it was with spiritual proof that the universe is supporting me.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I think he spoke about it. I've listened to a podcast a lot, but there was one episode that my husband sent to me one day that you were speaking about asking the universe for a sign, and this isn't something I'd ever practiced, and he was going for a hard time in our business how business is called hideaway and.
Speaker 3: He said universe.
Speaker 1: I just need a sign that I'm on the right path. He went for a walk around Burley Kid.
Speaker 3: You not.
Speaker 1: As he went to turn, can I go left or you could go right? There was a sign that said hide away.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: It was thanking out. Oh can you talk a little bit more about that? You have spoken about in your podcast, but someone who's never done that before, could you expand on that a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more?
Speaker 4: You know, if you want to see the connection to the universe in real time, it's nice to ask for a sign. So you can say, I want to know that I'm on the right path, or I want to feel a connection to this relationship to a presence beyond my physical site. And so you can say, show me a sign. And so a sign could be the first thing that comes to your mind. It could be an owl, it could be from me, a blue butterfly or eleven eleven, or even if you don't ask for the specific sign, you're going to get it. You're gonna get with the messages and you're going to know it's yours. But in this case, ask for a specific sign. So maybe it's a blue rose or something that's not very common, and you'll be blown away.
Speaker 3: By the messages you receive. So freaking cool.
Speaker 1: Now, I've heard a lot of people over the years when I've spoken about manifestation. I'm sure over your years you've heard it through like I've tried manifestation, it doesn't work for me, Like I've tried this, or I've wanted something and then nothing's worked out. Do you get a little bit of pushback? And for someone who's in that energy, obviously they're not going to be attracting what they want. What advice do you give or how do you teach people to get out of that mindset to I suppose more trusting that it's going to happen the way it's meant to happen, and letting go of the control, but still actively going towards what they wanting.
Speaker 3: I tell them to.
Speaker 4: Forget what they think they need, because often what happens is is when we're in this story of it has to be this way, or I needed this at this moment, or it has to look exactly like this. We're in the way of the natural order, we're in the way of the manifestation, so we block the manifestation. And so when you are in that place of forgetting what you think you need. My suggestions always to pray for the highest good for all. So just send that message out to the universe. I welcome with the highest good for all. I'm not trying to control this. I want to just let in whatever is of the highest good for all. Oh that's so beautiful. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Something I learned too is even if it doesn't work out, trust that it's going to be even better, because sometimes we can get quite attached to an outcome.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: You can say it's this or something better. That's something I always say. That's like a my mantra, it's this or something better.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love it. Oh that's so beautiful. Cool.
Speaker 2: I think what would be really cool is to is there any of that kind of misconceptions that you think that people might have around manifestation or manifesting that kind of like lead them astray on their journey, that maybe make them feel fearful of it, maybe not want to try it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that it's not that you can't do it. The misconception about manifesting is that you can't do it because it's actually naturally who we are. We're always manifesting, we're always attracting. We have to just be more deliberate about what it is that we want to attract into our life. And the more deliberate we are, the more we know what we don't want, the more we know what we do want.
Speaker 3: When we know what we do want, we.
Speaker 4: Will start to adjust the way that we act and the way that we feel and the energy that we put out to get more in alignment with what we want. And there's no world where you can't manifest. It's just that you are blocking your manifestations because of the beliefs and the patterns that you've chosen to hold on to. And it's actually now in my tenth book, Self Help, it's a book that's based on a therapy and it's based on really undoing those beliefs and patterns. So while it may not be like the sexiest manifesting book, it's actually the greatest manifesting book because it's going to teach you how to relate to the parts of yourself that are blocking your manifestations and to heal those parts of yourself. And so that's necessary in order to really attract what you are with.
Speaker 2: What you were saying about, like relating to the part of you that is blocking the manifestation for somebody who's listening, like, what might that look like?
Speaker 3: Like, what could a part of.
Speaker 2: Themselves look like that might be blocking their manifestation? Is it the more the belief side, is it behavior.
Speaker 4: The belief that I'm not good enough, I'm inadequate, I can't have this, the behaviors of addictive patterns or checking out, or self judgment or self attack or perfectionism, or I mean just all of the protection mechanisms that we hold on to, whether it be beliefs or patterns or feelings, these are what are in the way. The big one is the beliefs, right, because the beliefs create the patterns and the feelings. So that's what's in the way of what we want to feel. And then the energy that we want to feel is what attracts what we want to attract. So this book is a great practice. Self help is what it's called for, a four step practice for befriending the parts of yourself that are really burdened by the beliefs that you're not able to attract what you want.
Speaker 1: I love how you were saying when you were trying to attract your drain partner you would visualize and feel like you were holding his hand. Is the different practices you have if you're trying to manifest something different, like if someone's trying to manifest a big amount of money or a house or a partner. Do you have different practices for each or do they all kind.
Speaker 3: Of are they're all the same? It's all the same stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have more fun, feel the feelings of what you want to create, be clear about what you don't want, do more of what you do want, act as if right, be in the energy of it, and visualization for sure. You know, I started visualizing myself in these certain settings and that energy feels good. And when it feels good, then you're really on the right track.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Such a big one is that having fun, like you let go of all of the need for control and you get to just like enjoy what it is that you're doing. And I like what you mentioned as well about like acting as if and like putting yourself in the shoes of the version of yourself that you actually want to be and the person who gets to actually like attract and call in all those things.
Speaker 1: So beautiful you being doing this work for so many so many years. I heard you're doing a challenge, But is there a set routine that every single day that you do to stay on track with your manifestation. I'm guessing it's kind of second nature for you now, but do you have a set routine that.
Speaker 3: You do well.
Speaker 4: I wake up every day and I focus my attention in word, and I place my hand on my heart and I breathe into my belly and I start to think about what I am appreciative of in the moment. I do a real nice like gratitude. Energy sets me up to win, puts me into the point of attraction of what it is that I want in the morning, and then I'm practicing my four step check in process from self help, which is whenever I notice myself checking out, I check in with the triggered parts of myself so it can heal on the moment to moment pisis. I meditate throughout the day. Exercise huge for me. I'm, you know, forty five in perimenopause, like super in the best shape I've ever been in my life. My food is pristine, my exercise epic. I sweat, I do all the things you need to do at my age to be in your prime. Frankly, like my body is better than ever, my hair is better than ever, Like everything's better than ever, and that's possible when you sort yourself out.
Speaker 1: We're big on routines and structure and knowing what we value in life and making sure we're doing everything every single day to keep that on track. I went to your event last year and it was amazing by the way. We're so excited to come this year as well. Towards the end, I don't know if you remember this, but a woman stood up.
Speaker 3: She really pushed you.
Speaker 1: I almost felt like she was there to test you and to almost like start a bit of a fight. Oh. I got a tightness in my chest because I was like, what are you even doing here if you don't align with this or But you handled it so well, and it just got me curious.
Speaker 3: Do you get a lot of pushback with this work that you do.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to convert the un converted. My latest book is called self Help, with big read letters saying self help on the cover right like you know about hiding what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So you're either going to read it or you won't.
Speaker 4: And if you are not interested or ready, you'll be ready, you'll read it when you need it, or you'll find somebody else. You know, I can only teach you willing, and so I'm really only attracting the willing. I really don't attract a lot of niece eras it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really though.
Speaker 1: You do have to be in the right face, and everyone in divine timing when they're ready. I know if I was to have been taught this when I was twenty, I probably would write.
Speaker 3: Over my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now it just feels so right, like I can't not do this work. One thing that's really helped me in my life, which I definitely think I've learned from you for a very long time, is just like even last year, I always pick a word to focus on for the year, it was just surrender. I feel like it took away so much anxiety and so much control over needing things to look a certain way or be a certain way. But just like actually surrendering this. But I feel like it's quite hard for a lot of people do because oh, what if this happens or if this doesn't happen. It's like, if you can go and just trust that the universe has always ten steps ahead. I'd love you to explain it better than what I just have.
Speaker 4: I think people get really hung up on surrender because they think that surrenders giving up. But it's not surrender is giving over. It's turning over your agenda, your timeline kind of like what we were saying earlier, like forget what you think you need and pray for the highest good for all. It does require a giving over, it does require or letting go, but that's not giving up. It's actually really creating space to allow what's the highest good to come to you.
Speaker 2: And do you feel like by doing that, even in your own experience, has like allowed you to create those manifestations to come in a much shorter timeline.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, when you surrender, you accelerate your manifestations.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: I'd love to know what the difference is for you, at least in your experience where like the moments where you have fully surrendered and then in the moments where you find it really clunky and you're like, oh, where is my manifestation? Why is it not here yet? Like why does it take so long? Like is there like a significant difference in the behaviors and the mindsets and the beliefs that you would do in those different states. Would you be able to like share the difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that in a surrendered state, you're not looking for it, you're not trying to make it happen. You're kind of just living. You're having fun, you're enjoying life, you're not overthinking, you're not controlling, You're just at ease. And if you think about it, that's the energy that's attractive, that energy of ease, that energy of fun.
Speaker 3: That energy of joy.
Speaker 4: And so our work is really to just be as in that energy as much as possible, to not put ourselves in the position of trying to force something or control something, or make it the way we think it should be, but to really be in the energy of relaxation, joy, ease, fun.
Speaker 3: That's it, oh so beautiful.
Speaker 2: And with nervous system regulation, do you feel like that's a huge part. I know you mentioned before that you meditate. Is that a huge part of like your practice is like bringing back your nervous system to like a more regulated state, to continue being in that state of ease.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that exercise and meditation and breath work and big time exercise. I think exercise is one of the greatest pathways to not only regulating your nervous system, but also regulating your glucose levels and giving yourself not only more energy, but sustainable energy, and digesting better and just really thinking about that full holistic approach to your well being is where I'm really at right now.
Speaker 1: Over the years, you've shed a lot of your manifestation stories across your podcast and your books and your tours and everything. But once again, with someone who hasn't heard, if you'll listen to much of your work, could you tell us your favorite manifestation story that's happened in your life.
Speaker 3: We're like, wow, mind blown that actually came true.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so many, there's just so many. So I had this vision of this one TV placement that I wanted to get when the Universe Has your Back comes back out in a re release in May, and I felt a little blocked around it because like, the first network that we went to with an exclusive said no, and I was like, oh, okay, well maybe, and then it was kind of feeling a little bit down about it, and then I started just being like, that's gonna happen, like just like kind of putting it out there, like having more fun with it, visualizing it, just feeling into it, and also letting it go like all right, if this isn't it, there's something better, Like there's there's other ways to carry this message, right, And I started getting some driftwood, Like some other things started coming through that were not exactly the thing that I wanted, but other things that were similar.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, that's driftwood, Like let's welcome that in.
Speaker 4: And then last night I was at an event and I saw the news anchor at the event that I was at. I said hi and gave a big hug to the news anchor.
Speaker 3: That would be the one.
Speaker 4: That would I would want to have interviewing me for this segment s the second I've done before, but it was like, this would be the great time for it. And so I see her and I give her a big hug and we're just like chat for two seconds.
Speaker 3: So I was like, more driftwood, right. And then I.
Speaker 4: Sat down at my desk today and I was just chatting with my chief of staff and she's like, holy shit, like the thing just came in, like the exact thing I want the exact placeman I want came in and they're like, they gave us exact date that we want. It's exactly when I'm in town. It's the day that the re release launches. Was like just so divinely planned and timed. And then two minutes later our second desired segment, not that it came through, but an email about it came in right so it was like somebody that was like relooping back about it, but not the full blown thing. So it's just really rapid, just back to back, back to back, exactly the things that.
Speaker 3: We desire for this long term outcome.
Speaker 4: And the thing that I believe is the reason that that's manifesting is because I'm doing the Universe has Your Back Challenge. I'm feeling super relaxed and aligned. I'm trusting that whatever comes as exactly as it's meant to be, the energy is released, and so the energy behind the pitch is released, and the energy behind me. Seeing the news anchor last night, even though she doesn't make the decision, it's the producer that makes the decision, but just seeing her was just at ease and just sort of witnessing along the way and The most important part of why that works is because I'm not forcing it and I'm not needing it. Right, There's no thirsty energy around it. I'm not like, oh, I need that to make it happen. I'm like, plenty of things are going to unfold and they're gonna be as good as they need to be.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be nice?
Speaker 4: I remember even saying this is a great manifestation tool from Abraham Hicks, where you walk around and you just say, wouldn't it be nice if this happened? You know, wouldn't it be nice if this book was on Oprah's Book Club? Right, I'll just say it here, right, wouldn't it be nice? Like that's sort of where we can come from, and it feels good. It feels good to say that, that's what the manifestation is coming when it feels good.
Speaker 1: Not in a place of needing it.
Speaker 2: When you need it, you're in a place of black because you feel like scarce.
Speaker 1: So you've got ten books. The Universe has your Back. I read it three times. Maybe I need to go onto the next book. I just love that one so much.
Speaker 4: Well, The Universe as Your Back is coming out in a new release, New cover updated Gabby New Forward.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to get the second edition. We'll have to done. Got it on my wish list.
Speaker 1: You're coming to Australia, which is really exciting. Like I said, we've got Brisbane tickets. Where else in Australia are you going.
Speaker 4: I'm coming to Brizzy, I'm coming to Melby, I'm coming to Sydney. I'm gonna be there in May, and you can get your tickets at deergabby dot com slash Events. We're giving people a digital course like a two hundred dollars course when they buy their ticket. Okay, so tell all your friends this or two hundred and seventy dollars course when they buy their ticket. Because the course is about releasing a big block two our manifesting, and I want people to do the course before they even arrive.
Speaker 3: We're getting this course out.
Speaker 4: For free for anyone who is purchasing the ticket by a certain date.
Speaker 3: So now's the moment.
Speaker 4: That's awesome having people do the pre work totally, baby, that's right.
Speaker 2: We're not getting them on the entry level. You'll like, no, no, no, We've already done this. We're already well established.
Speaker 3: We're well established, let's go. You had to love that.
Speaker 1: So you're going on tour, You're a mom, You've done ten books, you've got a podcast, TV shows.
Speaker 3: Is anything that you don't do?
Speaker 4: I don't read directions very well. I don't purchase things online very well. I always over or or something like I'm neuro divergent. I'm very ADHD, which is also my greatest drinks. But life things at times like I have to be very focused, particularly things that require like logins and passwords, like I get very flooded. So I have a wonderful assistant who does a lot of those things for me, because I will lose my fucking mind.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for joining us, for knowing that we don't have a lot of time with you, but we are so grateful for this beautiful half.
Speaker 3: Now that we know our audience is going to absolutely.
Speaker 2: Well, they're gonna have the lead it out. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys so much. Everybody about the talk. Bring all your friends. Yeah, we will spread the love. Let's do it, and definitely right now because those tickets are going to be and with that gift, so I want people to get that.
Speaker 3: So cool we'll be seeing maintense. She Rises community. Let's gonna crub us. I'm going to go up, get them together. Yeah, it's your crew, baby. Love you guys, Thank you, I'll see you there. Bye.