Speaker 1: Hi, Chrissy Casters. Are you ready? I asked you to ask me anything, and you did in droves. I have been swamped by amazing questions, both deep and funny and superficial and saucy, and I am going to be working through them one by one with the help of my new best friend forever. You're going to get to know where she's going to be an integral part of the Christy Cast. Her name is Rachel. So Hello, Rachel Hello. So we're gonna do this similar to the last one. You're just going to throw some questions at me. I'm going to see where it goes. What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Already? Set go girlfriend? Well, lug fifteen wants to know what is your take on it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
Speaker 1: Again, this question has vexed me, Looge fifteen. I am not sure. Here's a bombshell. I am not one hundred percent sure that there is such a thing as romantic love.
Speaker 2: Oh all right?
Speaker 1: Why? I think romantic love, the definition of is different for everybody, and I think it actually goes by different adjectives. For example, so I've got someone in my mind and I know what he I think. I know what he thinks love is, and if I needed to define that in words, not using the word love, I would say that his definition of love is control, and not in a bad way, but just.
Speaker 2: Like traditional values control, like you're meant to do.
Speaker 1: X, y Z, yeah, because it's whatever makes that person feel good about themselves. So for me, love is total acceptance of who I am. That is hard to find because that includes finding somebody that understands that I need to be alone sometimes not to take that personally. They need to know that sometimes I pull an all nighter just to change my beds, my kid's bed linen, and not to judge me on that. It's like, just leave me alone. So what love is to me is acceptance, acknowledgment of my independence, acknowledgment also of my physical affection for other people. Whereas for somebody else, their definition of love might be the feeling they get from being needed, the feeling that they get from being relied upon, the feeling they get from someone exclusively sharing details of their personal lives with them. And I can't offer that either because I feel deeply that I belong to everybody, and that's hard for some people. To cope with, because, as I said, you know, one of my great loves is my audience, and I feel very comfortable sharing everything with them, and that's hard for some people to deal with.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that love goes hand in hand with this next question.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: This is from JFN seventy four and they said, do you think that your morals and values have ever changed? And what are your top three that help the most? And I think that's something that can really change your relationship, change life, the way you love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right. See, having children has been my greatest adventure and my greatest surprise. And because I'm a curious person, I find it deeply fascinating to get to know these people that weirdly came out of my body. It's so weird, isn't it It is. It's so weird that they come from you, but they are not you. And I think that was the biggest thing that I learned. I always thought I think that children would be somehow versions of me, and they most certainly are not. And I think that the more I get to know them, and the more I get to know myself, I believe that we are born with our morals and values. I feel like it's like a hard wired set, because otherwise, how can I explain how my two year old dealt with a situation so differently to another two year old. I really feel like you are born with what is it called factory settings? Wow, yep, I do. And I think that I was born with factory settings, absolutely, and that explains why certain situations have always made me uncomfortable. Certain personalities have made me uncomfortable right from birth, and I can see it in my children as well. So I think my values are be kind, Just be kind, always go for kindness. Whenever you can accept people for who they are. Don't try and change anybody ever. And if you can't accept somebody, and this is going to sound brutal, cut the matter of your life. Cut them out of your life, because otherwise they'll drive you crazy. You'll drive each other crazy if there is something about somebody that you cannot accept. This is what I do anyway, which sounds brutal, But I'm a I'm just a joy seeker, you know, and I like the easy road.
Speaker 2: Well D Wallace in nineteen seventy five, This goes well with that, because have you ever been religious or spiritual in any way, or do you think it's all just who you are.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't believe in organized religion, that's for sure. I grew up as a Catholic and my kids go to Catholic school, so that probably sounds like a crazy irony. But what I like about a religious school is that you are often made to justify your moral decisions, and I liked that about my education. The whole Christian premise of do unto others as you would have done to yourself, I think is magic and powerful, and regardless of you know, Jesus and you whoever said it or whatever you know, God, do they exist. But I think that that is a really powerful way to live your life. And it makes sense to me because it kind of mitigates any sort of assholeery, and a Christian education and a Christian ethos will give you that. But in terms of mass and all of that stuff, no, it's not for me. I went to the Vatican City in Rome and it was so interesting because it just it just like I was angry the whole time I was there, because it was the exact kind of opposite of what that specific religion kind of purports to be. It was all about showing off and greed and money and who has the most staff, and yeah, I didn't love it. I did love the concept, though. There was this thing called, I don't know, I call it the magic Door, and apparently the Pope. Yeah, yeah, the Pope decrees at a certain time of a certain year, when the moon is round or whatever, this door opens and you can walk through this door. And I think it's opening this year or next year, and it's going to be massive, and pilgrims from all over the world are coming. Millions and millions of people are going to converge on Vatican City just to walk through this magic door that they have to crack open. And the whole point of the magic door is that once you walk through, all your sins are absolved. Oh so, I know, how convenient it's like. It reminds me of those magic car washers. You know, your cargoes in dirty and then bang, bang, bang comes out the other side clean. How convenient. Nineteen dollars bank And I sort of took that and I thought, I'm just gonna have a magic door at home. So I came home and explained it to the kids, and then I turned the door from the hallway into the living room, into the magic door, and I said, Friday night, eight pm, You're going to walk through that and everything that you ever feel bad about your whole life so far is going to magically go.
Speaker 2: Did it work?
Speaker 1: Yes, it does work, Oh my god, because it's all augerdy boogherdy, right, it's all about did you.
Speaker 2: Have to splash water at the door first?
Speaker 1: No, you just had to go. I've done this thing and I still don't feel good about it. I'm going to walk through the door and it's going to magically go. It's going to rub out like those magic erases that you know you take the pen off the wall that your kids have done. And that's what we did, and you can do it at home just instead. Any door is a magic door. You don't have to wait for the pope to tell you to use it. You can do it. Amen. Amen.
Speaker 2: Amen. Well, we are in spooky season, so let's get somend spooky religion happening.
Speaker 1: Be sure.
Speaker 2: Kim Furlow wants to know who would win in an argument between a ghost and an angel.
Speaker 1: That is very, very tricky. A ghost or an angel. I'm going to say a ghost is going to win a fight because angels are one type. They're very fairy kind, good, probably don't have weapons. What's to say the ghost isn't Jeffrey Darmer's ghost and therefore knows his way around creepy shit. Mm hmm. So I feel like the ghost has more opportunity than the angel.
Speaker 2: What if? But like it just him out. Lucifer was an angel, So the devil it's an angel technically, like what if the Devil and Jeffrey Dharma got in a fight? Ghost?
Speaker 1: I think you've got me on a technicality there, maybe depending on what sort of angel it is. Now, I'm still going with the serial killer. Now, I'm still going with serial killer. But by the way, do you believe in ghosts? Oh? One? Why?
Speaker 2: I feel like I've absolutely experienced ghosts.
Speaker 1: I really want to I really want to believe. I feel like I have actually experienced a few things that don't make sense.
Speaker 2: You need to meet Ange love Apoerre. She's from the ABC and she did a whole comedy festival show on supernatural ghosts, horror movies, that sort of stuff. And we got in a room once and we talked for like three hours about spiritual encounters. So encounters with the other side. I'm telling you I have had literal things move in front of me when there is no way that that could have happened any other way. Wow, hang out with me more, you'll experience.
Speaker 1: That you'll rub off on me. My question I always come back to logic, right, and I feel like, how many people have died? Gazillions? Surely if gazillions of ghosts are around, there would be way more ghosts than living human beings right now on Earth. Surely there would be more supernatural happenings.
Speaker 2: But maybe everything that we experience is supernatural, Like when a bird flies out of a tree. Why where are you going? You've got nowhere to go? What are you gonna do with your life? Maybe it's because the ghosts went boot know hed my hair down? Ha ha alrighty, this one fun at personal question. M Sme and Leanne Mcaliffe want to know why do you wear a bum bag?
Speaker 1: Chrissy, great question and as an aside, get on board. I wear a bum bag because A I like to keep my hands free. I like to keep my hands free, and when I have a handbag on, it's irritating on my shoulder and it slips off, blah blah blah. Secondly, I like to see things from above, and the bum bag allows this a bird's eye view, if you will, So right now I can see everything.
Speaker 2: What's in there, what's in the bum bags in there.
Speaker 1: I've got my little you know, credit card thing with my rewards cards from Woolies and coals and stuff, my price lam vouchers because you never know when you need them. I've got my car keys, I've got a I've got this great lip oil that I'm loving, kind collective. Look, I'm going to put it on. Lipoils are great. By the way, O looks gorgeous.
Speaker 2: A bit of a tint to it.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a tint. It looks darker in the bottle than it is on your lips. But it feels nourishing and it's sort of bury. It reminds me of a strawberry shortcake when I was growing up. And you know, I've got my car keys. I've got you know, a footy card. I've got to remember to post because my daughter's got a little eBay store where she sells things. I've got my security pass for work. I've got all my essentials that I don't have to dig around in the bottom of a handbag to find and it works for me. I love it and I never ever have it off. I never have it all. I never have it off. But I also I never have my bum bag off. And I'm talking. When it's cold and I'm at home and I wear an udi, I have it around my udi. I feel like Santa. It's nipped in at the waist. I always have it on me. It's the first thing I put on. I have it on me when I'm doing housework. I have it on me when I'm walking, I have it on me at work. I have it on me all the time. And I feel like it is a game changer. And I have started giving people. Look, I'll give you an exclusive, Rachel, give you an exclusive. I have designed my own range, I know, and they are at my house. Oh my god, and I'm about to launch them. And they have everything that you would ever want. I have worn the proto type every day for two years, so I can vouch for these, okay, and they are going to change your life. End of story. There's even a little clip inside it to put your trolley key on. I'll get out.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: So you never have to, like, you know, be a pack horse at Aldi or Coals or Woolies or the Ida or wherever you choose to shop. I mean, I've just thought of everything, all right, So stay tuned. I've got to work out how to do this, how to launch it, you know, I've got a lot on my plate. And that's it for another episode of the Chrissy Cast Live from the Compound, that very special Ask Me Anything series. There is another one coming at you, but I'm going to need a little lie down in a cup of tea first