Speaker 1: The big footy issues from every angle, dissected by a team that follows the game closer than anyone else wherever you are around the planet. This is your ultimate guide to the AFL. This is the Fox Footy Podcast.
Speaker 2: Did we just witness the greatest round of AFL football in the eighteen team era? Because it had it all? Thriller's comebacks, heroic individual acts, heroic individual games, controversy and big talking points, and yet we still have the same eight teams in the top eight for the fourth consecutive week. We'll discuss all that, plus dissect all the big issues in pharophas and the mailbag, deep dive into the wisdom of Kevin Sheedy and give you the expert tips all on the Fox Footy Podcast. Ben Waterworth with you as is demand. Coming off a roller coaster a few days for expected score enthusiasts Max Lawd and Hello MAXI.
Speaker 3: Hello Ben. Yes, quite well, it turns out when.
Speaker 2: Four of nine games sort of went against expected.
Speaker 4: Score, Well, when you have a what average margin of ten points blown out by the Melbourne Hawthorne game which was not closer to three quarter thing exactly, You're gonna have a bunch of close ones that don't reflect what actually happened, although Sidney Essendon was a weird one because that was never close and expected score claims it was you liar.
Speaker 5: Right, so you're going agains six peop Well, there's not.
Speaker 3: You have to analyze it. That's the point.
Speaker 4: If I could just have expected Scorrey Gospel, I would just put the numbers out and then not tweet. And then what would I do if I couldn't tweet?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I also don't know what this man would do if he couldn't tweet. The Sunday specialist David Geters, it's good.
Speaker 5: To be back.
Speaker 2: Nice to have you back.
Speaker 5: It's been a hiatus.
Speaker 3: Look, there might be a potential it might be like a soft phase out of myself from the podcast intention thinking Jamien barrass not intenarrett.
Speaker 2: Mid two thousands footy show style.
Speaker 5: Oh very yeah, it's not. It's not an intentional phase out. I just noticed. I mean, when was the last on here three weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Wow, wasn't it three episodes?
Speaker 5: So it's gouty been up to just a lot of work there going well there mate, and yeah, it's there's a lot happening.
Speaker 3: And this is the first time we've spoken in three weeks. The wisdom, the wisdom of yes what the segment called no, But that's Jared Jared Heally, Jared Whitey has that Robert Robert Cradick. Yes, well, I think Crash crad experience are pretty similar. To be honest, crashing.
Speaker 5: I'm just try I'm thinking it's a very there's a definite.
Speaker 2: There's a slight definition tweak in between the wisdom of Kevin Sheedy in this book that we're talking about and the wisdom of rubbocratic things will.
Speaker 5: For He's going, well, yes, yes, if people want him on him instead of me, and you can message to the big Malbourn.
Speaker 4: Are you trying to get done? I'm saying, whatever, are you walking into the coaches office? I can play what's best, So I'm just say yes.
Speaker 5: It's real sort of pressed Duke who did that?
Speaker 2: He did? Yes, Yes, that's ye.
Speaker 3: Very interesting stuff. He said that Kevin's got a new book coming. What didn't email about Kevin? She's like, there's like five or six Sheety books.
Speaker 5: I think there's another one coming.
Speaker 3: It's about the stories, the best stories off the field or something.
Speaker 2: And he's a big part of it. Cover or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, very good, Yes, yes, maybe maybe were gonna have the book launch on this podcast.
Speaker 5: We'll see if grand edition. Yeah, we'll have as many people in the room as there would be readers of the book. What I could do is.
Speaker 3: Have a uh maybe maybe Crash will come on you reckon, you can get him on.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't is it if he works in the same company.
Speaker 4: He doesn't anymore, doesn't he? Well, I mean he's on the back page. He's on the back page, but I think that's more like a guest spot. He works for news Corp. And we're not news Corp.
Speaker 3: But anymore, remember, oh.
Speaker 5: We're not before well it was a slot, was portion of news Corp?
Speaker 4: No, well, yes, they invested, but we're the z own. We love Saudi Arabian now I reckon. So Crash was to come on and be okay, yeah, just keep that in mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah, he's a good one. Okay.
Speaker 2: Ranking top four games from the weekend there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Max, we'virtually having a discussion on Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: What gave you half?
Speaker 4: What was the best game of the season so far? So you had Geelong Jean to be clearly a contender for that is up there.
Speaker 5: I find it very funny.
Speaker 3: It's the same stuff every like last week, we just watched the Game of the Year because the year and their week later.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we just saw the Game.
Speaker 4: Of the Year because it also was like in mind, it's not an unmerited discussion to have attack Merrit was not playing in that, but anyway, very good.
Speaker 3: Get him to Geelong work.
Speaker 2: I had Geelong Giants first. I'm sorry, No, I didn't. No, I had dog Sons first.
Speaker 5: You are taking that.
Speaker 2: That was an excellent.
Speaker 3: Game, helped by the fact that you watched all of it because you were working steaday night.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch all that I had to. It was a genuine split screen operation happening on fair. It was very good.
Speaker 5: Fifty seven I had that third Giants, that's second. Significant had the Spoon Bowl fourth. I was good fun but Spoon ahead of North Lions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've ignored to draw there in your top four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Richmond West Coast was fourth, yes, and North Lines was fifth because Richmond Richmond won it whereas North Melbourne lost it.
Speaker 2: And there was also a sense of West Coast trying their absolute guts out and try and get that wind I found that a very engaging.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, whereas North Brisbane was the least engaging draw possible. It was like, how is this still close?
Speaker 3: And then the final siren goes like genuinely lost that game, Like I expect to go to run by like five goals. I haven't seen many drawers where I'm like, they clearly lost that game, like the North clearly didn't should have won that, Like they had a shot at Clark in the box and like he would be really upset because they should have.
Speaker 4: No, he's pretty, he keeps his emotions and check think.
Speaker 5: Angry Clark I might be back. There were some shots of him getting very frustrated in the in the box.
Speaker 2: How about angry Andrew mcqualta right at the end there.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was that was the back page of The West was like.
Speaker 5: A really blurry screenshot of him.
Speaker 4: It was the exact same screen grape I got when we put the video on Facebook of him walking.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 5: Probably screenshoted it from Facebook actually knowing the where was that?
Speaker 2: Thought? The West West was.
Speaker 5: We're not affiliated with them?
Speaker 2: No, seven West Media.
Speaker 5: Yes Mitch Woodcock, yes, yep, yes, very good.
Speaker 4: Motormouth Mitch is his column on a Monday morning. I believe it's called motormouth Mitch, I believe.
Speaker 2: So what about So you really like the Geelong Giants game? That was your number one?
Speaker 5: I put Gelong Giants at one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had Showdown fifty seven to I had Gold Coast Western Bulldogs third and then Richmond West Coast fourth. Yeah, Max Sinkuila Carton number one for me. I think I really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: You know what, sin Kilda Carlton first half was okay, just the third quarter was as dour as it gets. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on your ross.
Speaker 4: The fixed in the last two weeks. So freemantleson kilter last week on a Friday night, Yes, along with Essendon North, which I don't know at what point during the fixture process they thought that was going to be a good game.
Speaker 3: It was close, but not a bit.
Speaker 2: Of campaigning maybe from both sides to get that that time slot.
Speaker 3: Well, good for them. They've campaigned well and.
Speaker 5: Then this week, yes, as has Anthony Albanese.
Speaker 3: So yes, let's talk about the election now and that would be fun.
Speaker 5: Did you speak about that I've been on since the election we.
Speaker 2: Had We mentioned that it was a good Saturday night for Max a couple of saturdays ago because Geelong beat Collingwood and thrilling circumstances.
Speaker 5: And what were you happy about Labor winning or Dutton losing his seat?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was more than negative and positive because he is quite like mean Max at heart like when like you take what you would take more joy in Dutton losing that's not his seat than you would in Labor Party winning the election.
Speaker 5: That would be my guest.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't vote for the Labor Party, that's fair enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I don't know what vote legalized cannabis thing was that? What it was?
Speaker 3: It was that's the most obscure, weird party there was that ran not trumpet of so that'd be the answer.
Speaker 4: This would be Fusion. The Fusion Party ran on the station. If you if you voted for every box above the line on the Fusion in the Victorian Senate, you voted for the Fusion Party at some point.
Speaker 5: It's a real party.
Speaker 4: Yes, they were like a bunch of random parties leading which way, well sort of left but then sort of not really weird.
Speaker 3: There're a fusion of a bunch of nonsense. We should probably talk about football some Sorry, what this is you bring me on mate, all right, this is what you get, so sorry.
Speaker 2: Let us know your feedback. Who's on top of the power Colin still, Collingwood.
Speaker 3: Sometimes for Masashi.
Speaker 5: Who's it for today?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I think is it? Do they sponsor the graphic like twice a month or something? I think it's the deal. So we'll see.
Speaker 4: If you see the graphic, you'll know number one Collingwood, Collingwood Stage, collingw David Yeah, yeah, yes, incredible win over Frio.
Speaker 5: Incredible.
Speaker 3: That's a bit one in terms of the outs that they had, the outs they had going over to play Frero, which is still a very hard game. You know, Frio is still a what even if there.
Speaker 4: Are six to tenth team gallant. They were gallant, and they certainly had a million inside fifties. But Collingwood's defense standing up and then performing incredibly well. I think that was a typical Collingwood going West win.
Speaker 2: Do you know that they travel well the Pies.
Speaker 4: Craig McCrae has not won, has not lost a game where he had to fly West in his career as Collinwood.
Speaker 2: Fly has never lost a game in flying West.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, that's why he's called Fly. I presume yes, loves the planes, so Collingwood stays number one B.
Speaker 3: I'll find out favorite. Is it his favorite movie?
Speaker 5: Just keep going?
Speaker 3: Maybe Fly the Fly?
Speaker 5: Just keep going, I'll find out, Just keep going.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I put the Brisbane lines down a spot for drawing with North melon.
Speaker 2: It was a pretty ordinary performance. A Lockie Neil post game said that we couldn't have played much worse. But North Melbourne played really well in his post game, and I think he sort of corrected him way through it. Oh wait, sound really bad?
Speaker 5: Ques?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: And I've got the despite their loss. I've got the Bulldog second because I think Brisbane's loss deserved a gang on.
Speaker 2: So the Bulldogs lost to Gold Coast and Brisbane drew with North Melbourne, but the Dogs have usurped Brisbane on the power rankings.
Speaker 4: What's worse drawing with North Melbourne or losing to Gold Coast in Darwin where they haven't lost in.
Speaker 2: Four in here. In this situation with Brisbane, I would still bank a little bit of form rather than a snap judgment off.
Speaker 4: But I would argue that Brisbane's form has not been as great as the ladder represents. I think they've had one really good win over sin Kilda. They had the good the Pineapple Grapple was better than the margin suggested. Other than that a bunch of close games. Bad lost to Collingwood.
Speaker 2: This is where it'd be objective. But if Brisbane was playing the Western Bulldogs this weekend at Marvel or Gabber, I would be picking the Brisbane line still when.
Speaker 3: I would be picking based on whether would you.
Speaker 2: Pick it this weekend? If Brisbane was playing Western Bulldogs this week David at Marvel.
Speaker 3: So apparently I gits Back to the Future reference. So I've been going through a lot of different threats here.
Speaker 5: So I think Mick Malthouse called him fly Bags.
Speaker 3: That's his Twitter handle, Yes, but I think he called him fly Bags as a reference to Marty McFly from Back to the Future because McCrae McFly.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I thought below, yeah, yeah, below, Yeah, I think fly.
Speaker 3: I think McFly. That's it, so I think, and now it's now they've dropped the milk and now it's just fly.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, okay, sure, he doesn't really remind me of Marty McFly otherwise. Yeah, I mean, he loves skateboarding on the back of a truck. But you know, other than that.
Speaker 5: I would tip.
Speaker 4: The Oh it's a good ques, it's a good so that this is my point. I think Brisbane just deserved to go down a spot because of their poor performance. And the problem with the rankings this week was that second third give my answer, I'm letting you think. Sorry, sorry, sorry being professional. Sorry, Second and third and fourth all lost or didn't win rather than Brisbane, and then Hawthorne beating Melbourne wasn't overly convincing. Finally beat them for the first time in what eight years? But they stay fifth, gold Coast moving up because I do credit they win over the Bulldogs, which forces.
Speaker 3: Out of laid.
Speaker 4: Now the problem was ben My rankings were too correct last week.
Speaker 3: So that change.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I think i'd tip the dogs.
Speaker 5: So there you go, I tip the dogs.
Speaker 2: And then how much do you read into percentage at this time of the year as well, because the Dogs is percentages on hundre twenty two in Brisbane sitting on top of the ladder with one hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no great percentages.
Speaker 4: No, I think there's something too that they have not been and they've talked about this. It SEMs like every week there's a press conference where Harris Andrews comes out and says, oh, you know, we know we're banking the wins, but we know we can play better than this, you know, and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And the reason behind the percentage is offensively, Actually, they're not scoring brilliantly at the moment.
Speaker 3: They're not banking the percent engine.
Speaker 4: Now the percentage doesn't matter because of the draw in.
Speaker 2: Because in the last four weeks they've gone seventy one, sixty six, one hundred and eight against set Kilda, which was their best win, then fifty three against Collingwood.
Speaker 4: It's got some problems there, slightly ex but I think like it was a really close, exciting weekend where we didn't learn an enormous amount.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with that, you know.
Speaker 4: I think Carlton's all right. I think Carlton are the best team out of the eight right now. The Giants showed again that they have even if they have system problems, they have so much talent sometimes that it just works for them and they love playing in Geelong. Sydney is so untrustable, but you have to wait and see how good they can be when they get their players back. Untrustworthy is the most interesting team out of the eighth though for me right because I've still got them down there fourteenth, I still think I want to see them do it against a good team. They've beaten a lot of teams below them on the ladder, beaten teams. They probably should be beating Sidney maybe their best win so far, and they were pretty convincing in it too.
Speaker 2: And then this is the thing with Essendon, So they've got a percentage of ninety point eight. Yes at the moment, but that is the Swan and Saints Dockers and Carlton. Carlton's percentage is actually quite good, yes, way better than the bombs.
Speaker 3: Carlton centerge was good when they was up and four or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: So you know, they played a bunch of close games and finally banks some wins the percentage even though they had that big loss to Adelaide. So Essenton, their defense has actually been around since round four, been very good. Keep in mind that since round four they haven't played many good teams. I think Collingwood and a couple of others that are okay, and then a bunch of bad teams they've beaten. So you want to see estdon against the properly good teams. They got the Bolldogs this week, which is a great test because I really rate the Bulldogs and see if you're just seen with the rankings and if their defense can stand up again, Zach reed, looking fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 3: They actually might be more than just mediocre.
Speaker 2: What about the Geelong and Giants game, David, which you would have watched very closely as part of your Sunday agenda. There did we learn much about either team?
Speaker 5: It did?
Speaker 2: It felt like it felt like a final at GMHBA State actually would be interesting if that's that would play, and then the Cats would be zipping to in finals at GMHBA Pro probably they would be. Are you convinced about the Giants? It took a Jesse Hogan seven goal hall to yeah, but it wins a win.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty well they I tipped them for the flag Brix season, so I need to stay with them. I wasn't like I was concerned about their losses recently, but not like alarmed. I still think they can turn. It's a it's a long season. I think this was probably a bit more in line with where I thought they would be, sort of matching it to toe with Geelong. In Geelong it's a pretty good efforts, so that might get them back on track. They have got a lot of injuries though, like especially in the middle of the ground.
Speaker 5: It's all in the one you know, the Kelly Canelio.
Speaker 3: They're sort of just Bedford will come back hopefully so, but it's just I think they're a bit hamstrung at the moment.
Speaker 5: Jake Stringer exactly less hamstring genuinely has So.
Speaker 4: That's just nominative determinism at work, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes, Jake Stringer just has to be injured at points. I like it. I think they're going well. Yeah that was the confidence burst drind Ear, just to keep the faith in them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's fair. Look, you look at the Giants losses this year Hawthorne and Tazzy, Adelaide and Adelaide Bulldogs in Canberra, Sydney at the SCG, pretty reasonable losses. They are a fine team that is incredibly talented at times and has some worse midfield than everyone.
Speaker 2: Thing is the Sydney look after the performance from Sydney on the weekend. How does that Giants lost to Sydney look that looks that was the outlier out of that group.
Speaker 4: That's the weird sort of counterbalance of yeah, they beat gel Long and Gelong, but geez the week before.
Speaker 3: It looks even worse now, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Because and Joey was really strong on First Crack last night saying Sydney at the moment don't look like they have got a brand and it's part of injury. It's part of the injury discussions, out of the growing pains under a new coach in Dean Cox. But Sydney, it's hard to see Sidney playing finals now.
Speaker 5: Well, I haven't. I spoke to Nick Del Santo for AFL tonight today. Oh sorry, Raven. Yes, it was a great, a great chat.
Speaker 3: Who knows what day we recorded this, because Damian Barrats are here to tell us the daytime and the exact moment. I so I spoke to dal and he said something interesting about the Swan's He's like, you always knew what you're going to get against them. You always knew you were going to be him for a tough game of foot, are you always regardless of the result? And he doesn't know that now they look like they've lost that toughness at the moment, which is a big change I think from the Sydney Swans that we've known for so long.
Speaker 4: They weren't really winning by toughness last year either. They were winning via midfield incredible talent and then that great ball movement that could cut in on open goals coming from the midfield exactly. So, the incredible talent of that midfield trio of Heinie, Warner and Gordon was good enough to propel them into winning most games and in the first quarter to the Giants, just having two of them playing at their best was good enough to win the entire game. But now when they're not doing that every week and they've still got flaws at either end of the ground, it's just the problems that we thought that. I thought it just going into last year. That's why I had Sydney ninth going into last year, because I figured, oh, yeah, the midte was really good, but the rest of the ground isn't good enough for him. And now it's playing out just a year later. Yeah, never wrong, just early.
Speaker 2: We talked about that loss last sorry, that win over the Giants last week, and they're spread a goalkickers. So on the weekend they had Hayward kick two and then singles to Campbell, Grundy, MacLean, McInerney, Sheldrick and which one was that, Corey Warner Corey. So again it that goalkicking list we talked about last week where they eleven of their twelve goals came from individual goalkickers. Again that on the weekend, it just feels like an unsustainable spread there. And we heard Logan McDonald I thinks had another injury setback as well. We know they're still waiting on a Mardi so that there's a there's just so many questions.
Speaker 4: Marks Man Swan that had a been incredible run with injuries last year, as in very few of them. They basically used twenty six players all year, with a couple of fillions every now and then. They've already had to go into their depth so much more. They're two games and percentage out of the eight. Looking at the teams outside the eight, a lot of the talk around I think this eight will make the finals is also because there are not a lot of convincing teams outside the eight right soon.
Speaker 2: Probably will be thought preseason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we thought there are a bunch of okay teams and even the best teams aren't incredible. Collingwood is reasonably clearly the number one team right now, but even still they can have their flaws at times. So who's the best team out of the eight? I'm looking at Carlton, looking at Freeo, I'm looking at a fully fit Sydney.
Speaker 2: It should be Freemantle.
Speaker 3: It should be free Men.
Speaker 4: How badly did you feel about them out of the Collingwood game, considering they should have won, and maybe you can look at that half fall and say, hey, they had all this They did all this stuff right midfield was really good. They had double the inside fifties almost. It seemed like every single time they went inside fifty they were bombing it to twenty five meters out and every dock it was leaping for the ball and then conley Wood crumbed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could work.
Speaker 2: I feel like we didn't learn a lot about Freemantle. They play the Giants at Giants Stadium this week, that that'll be a real test for them. That's a very interesting game, real test for them. It's now time for David's Favorite Scene and now.
Speaker 1: On the Fox Foody Podcast, another strong edition of Australia's favorite segment. Fair or fast?
Speaker 2: Fair or fast coming your way right now, David, we've got an umpiring problem in twenty twenty five? Fair or fast?
Speaker 5: What's this stem from?
Speaker 2: This comes from? And I think it's a genuine howler, But how they missed the I mean, that's just a clear And then there was also a dangerous tackle. Did you see the Joel Handling dangerous tackle on Nick Martin late in the game that Joel Hammling was penalized for. That was a lineball. I think West Coast might have been a little stiff late against Richmond yesterday, as.
Speaker 3: I'll say fair in that I don't remember as many like howlers as I've seen recently, like in this year.
Speaker 5: I haven't said there's many clear cat like wrong decisions.
Speaker 4: But has there been a decision worse than the tripping one on Cossi picket?
Speaker 5: I just I've got a general feel in my body.
Speaker 3: So that's the problem with this discussion. I think is it every year because talk about it so much, it becomes a self fulfilling And always around this time of the year.
Speaker 2: I talked spoke to someone in the umpiring department in previous years and they always said around Anzac Day, umpiring commentary always peaks, but it just feels like there's a few more prominent voices from like officials, coaches at clubs now that I'm making a bit noise, more noise than usual, And I do wonder if it is we are starting to see the effect of the lack of depth across umpiring from bottom up. If that is now starting to come to the forest, some of these more experienced umpires over the next coming years start to hang up the whistle.
Speaker 3: When was the umpiring good?
Speaker 5: Hang up the whistle?
Speaker 4: When was umpiring ever acceptable that no one complained about it? That's the answer is never.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: We also do not remember how we felt at this time in every other season, because I'm sure if you went back through years of this podcast, there were weeks where we said the umpiring is really troubling this year. You know, these bad mistakes they're making. They need to fix these problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think we would have. I don't think umpiring discussion or officiating rules that is not as prominent in the back half of a season.
Speaker 4: No, because we get we have the discussion, then we get past it, and then we get into finals run up and all of that other stuff.
Speaker 3: Other narratives come up, so it always happens, shall pass.
Speaker 4: There will never be a solution to this game, which is clearly very hard to umpire it max.
Speaker 2: Forcing players who stay down after appearing to cop head contact to undertake a mandatory HIA will therefore stop players exaggerating high contact, fair or fast.
Speaker 4: I think this is a fast because I don't think this is as big a problem as David King Lean Montagna made it on First Crack on Sunday night. I think there are certainly times where players do it, and they, as former players themselves admitted themselves. Of course, every player at some point exaggerates for a free kick because you're trying to milk the rules in that certain way. It's just what happens. But I think there is there are too many negatives of that idea of a forced HIA, in that players in the knowledge of that would be trying to get up even if they're not right. We just saw Lockey Schultz on Thursday night trying to get up falling weirdly, being made to run off the ground while cancust falling.
Speaker 3: It would be.
Speaker 4: More situations like that where players who are injured are like, oh no, I have to get up. I don't want to be out for an hia and then that's putting themselves in more danger if they were allowed to keep playing.
Speaker 2: So Za, it'd be unfathomable that umpires quote didn't see end quote Locky Shultz stumblings a or fast planned yes.
Speaker 3: Planned far fast, Yes, I'm sorry I didn't see the fact he had this ready.
Speaker 2: The statement was that the umpire at the time didn't see Lockey Shultz stumbling around against.
Speaker 3: Free Medle'd say fair that they didn't. I'd say, you need to say that sort of stuff maybe, but I can say it's fair that they would have missed it.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of players to things watch on the ground.
Speaker 2: I do one of those that there's four umpires and that's happening in the middle of the ground.
Speaker 4: Not it's a blunder in the same way that missions not cutting the ford out.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's a mistake that they made that they shouldn't make again. Yeah, I would not suspect that this is going to happen again this season.
Speaker 5: Much like that trimming call.
Speaker 4: We are watching the game from a very different way as fans at home than umpires, so we did not have a close up shot of locker shorts getting bumped and fall into the ground and then replays afterwards in the same way that they were. Maybe they saw it as they were watching the play, but they may have had to move on, like all if to keep following the ball and seeing what else is happening.
Speaker 3: So look, it's a mistake, but an understandable one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Max, I'm just going to put Ken Hinckley's direct quote to you as a fair or fast. This was about Willy Rioli. I would doubt anyone would go there with the stance the AFL has put in place around comments comments said on the field end quote fair or fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if players are smart, they'll understand that getting involved in a situation of sledging or whatever really really isn't beneficial to anyone, not to Willy, not to them, not to just general nice practice. My general rule with footy players who continue to break it is don't be a jerk. And they're always doing it, hitting each other and whatnot, but that will continue to happen. Yeah, this situation is clearly way more complicated than everyone would want it to be. Will it really the fact that he does deal with daily racism and that makes him maybe have less of a trigger for acting out. It's unfortunate. It's something he needs to both deal with and we need to understand.
Speaker 3: That he is dealing with.
Speaker 4: And it's why my fear is that I think Jay Clark wrote about this on Monday with The Held's Sun, that the loud discussion around him and things he has arguably done wrong, but also things that have happened to him that were even more wrong, Ye are making him a target and he's always going to get bood or he's always going to get more attention and people just in random comments on social media are going to be more critical than they need to be, and.
Speaker 3: Of course they'll be racist.
Speaker 4: So it's a really unfortunate situation that he find himself in and I don't know how he gets out of that ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think a good shout out here Koshi gets a hard time. But David cost is a very good interview with five Double a Breakfast last week and articulated very well not only the abuse that Willy gets, but all First Nations players in his situation port Adelaide, because they do have a very high representation of First nation players on their lists and the abuse that comes out out and which makes it such a complex situation.
Speaker 3: I think another good interview was Chris Davies on three Out w on the weekend.
Speaker 5: That was a really good in terms of the depth he went into. I think it was with Tim lay and Caroline Wilson. Him and Caro had back and forth about it, which I found really really intriguing. That was a really good interview in terms of going into the depth of how much there is to this issue. So that's also another one that was very very enlightening.
Speaker 4: There are still a very old fashioned view. It's still a very white industry. We are three white men talking about in fact.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 4: There are the things that we just don't understand. Even I will briefly touch on Alex Pierce. There are things to his life and as an Indigenous man where he feels about certain issues that are impacted by the indigenous plight.
Speaker 5: That's all same, not that's referring to, but yeah, I'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Zita, it'd be better to send a one point two million dollar player like Clayton Oliver to the VFL to regain form as a midfielder there rather than play him as a tagger at AFL level fair or fast?
Speaker 5: Uh no.
Speaker 3: Fast if he wants to No, no, if he wants to play that role and he thinks that's the best service he can give to the team. Yes, he's overpaid for that role, but that's I think you'd rather have him in the team than not if he If he's doing they actually did quite well on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Played a very good game.
Speaker 3: But you got to know what he wants. Yeah, Like so I don't think sending him to the VFL is going to I don't know if his performance, like from all reports, his fitness and his fitness levels are good, Like he's actually been really fit this year. He's done the right things off the track. It's just his footy is not. He's not his ability as a player is not as threatening as it was, or his output as a player is not as threatening as it was in recent seasons. I don't know if the game's moved past him or what's changed. But I don't know if it's a purely Clayton Oliver. It's not a Clayton Oliver a work rate or desire issue. I don't think the VFL is going to solve that.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think the game in ways has moved past the pure inside midfielder. He doesn't have a lot.
Speaker 3: Of well that's his issue is he has that many other other weapons.
Speaker 5: But the weapon he had was just so good.
Speaker 4: But he can be incredibly damaging with that weapon. And you look at Jack McCray, who is a very inside player and has done very well for the Saints this year. You can still find a role for those players. It's just that he's not being as damaging and as we talked a bit about last week, that makes his trade Are you even worse than An arguably was six months ago because you could make the excuse last year that he wasn't fit and he was playing poorly. Now he's fit and he's playing poorly, well, then there's the upside is harder to.
Speaker 2: Find, Maxi Rowan Marshall's strong performance against Carlton proved the Saints are putting their money and trade priorities in the wrong areas, fair or fast.
Speaker 4: I think you could draw that conclusion before that game. Even definitely a fair call that the idea of just in terms of list construction, paying one point seven million a year to a rock forward in Tom de Conning is just incredibly questionable because of what we know about Boondom footy. And you know the most dominant ruckman of the last decade, Max Gorn. Yeah he won a flag, but what that was because the rest of the team was really good too. Right now, he's been incredible and the Demons are still bottomed six. So you can only go so far with a top player in that position with two. Yes, the Saints had some success with Marshall and Writer, but you have to wonder what that would do as compared to spending that money if possible, because the main thing the sensors to do is get someone to take their money. Yes, could you get Miles Bergman this year? Could you get even a year down the road Zach Butter's which would be an ideal recruit because re one of the better players in the comp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Exali read.
Speaker 4: Of course you need those more damaging players, and what they have already got quite a good little suite.
Speaker 3: Of is damaging half backs.
Speaker 4: So if they can keep on in Miller, which does seem like it's not going to be easy from Port and Jack said, Clare continues to play really well, and then they have Bergman to add to that. Perhaps they rotate them through the midfield. That's a modern way of playing footy. That's a modern way of building a list. They've done pretty well considering.
Speaker 3: How they progressed.
Speaker 4: This list to be a lot younger than it was a couple of years ago, while still being broadly competitive.
Speaker 3: There's still a fine team, so I'm pretty happy with their trajectory.
Speaker 4: There is the risk of if you paid Tom to Conning, you back yourself into a corner where even if he's really good, it doesn't help you as much as a player at a different position.
Speaker 2: And it does put up the question of what does Rowan Marshall think about that? How that impact his footy future? Will he look elsewhere? Will others come for him and try and twist his arm? David Luke McDonald elected to bump very good.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: People will know the result of the match review by the time they've listened to this.
Speaker 3: But your projection false? No, I mean fast, not the segment.
Speaker 5: Sorry fast. I don't think it's a tricky one, though it is really tricky. There's a lot of angry people in the comments.
Speaker 2: I actually can't get over that people think there's a bias.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The other night I was before I went to against North.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they think that because I was going to bed and I was just like, I'll just check because I haven't checked this for a while, so I just oh, my good, okay, my people people are.
Speaker 2: I think when David puts out sort of the m r O state of play tweets before the verdict actually comes out, it's often coming from I would say, a place of knowledge or expectation, because he knows the system a lot better than everyone else. But people think it's opinion.
Speaker 3: Informed.
Speaker 5: It informed opinion, pure opinion with bias.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no bias. This isn't gonna change the GY's mind. Like I'm telling you that, I don't look at North Melbourne and go, well it's North. That's weird. Why would I do that? Would do this? Might upset people. I don't care about them enough to have a bias.
Speaker 3: I don't care about club these club's enough to have a bias towards them more against them. Nor do you have the power to buy.
Speaker 5: It it means anything anyway, I don't, I genuinely, so I watched it initially and I thought he I thought, oh, he's gone. He's gone for.
Speaker 3: Three weeks, and then I watched it back repeatedly, and Will Falkner in the officely you tend to work, a friend of the podcast regular at the podcast these days, did say that he looked.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he did. It was happening really quickly, and you know, I think Will's.
Speaker 3: Played at some level, yes, more cricket anyway, But he's like, I'm just like, you wouldn't just think put yourself in his shoes. You wouldn't have He might not have seen Berry coming in from the side until the absolute last it. I tend to agree, like he actually genuinely looks like Luke McDonald can only see the ball ahead. And then jere Berry makes a quick deviation off his line to try and get further back into go and try and get another mark, and then Luke McDonald sees him with the absolute last second, to the point where it's so instant he can't even elect to bump.
Speaker 5: He tucks his arm slightly. I don't know if he elects to bump. It's that quick.
Speaker 3: I actually don't think he has the time to even make the decision to elect to bump. Everything he did was reflexive and not even a careless act. That's how tight and Nick Darcando spoke to Luke McDonald afterwards. He told us and he said that he literally didn't see him.
Speaker 5: He could not.
Speaker 3: He did not see him in the absolute last second. So I would be I know, it's a concussion in the AF only to sort of they wanted to be shown to be doing something.
Speaker 5: I just think if they were to grade that.
Speaker 3: And make it a reportable action, that would be more because of the outcome rather than the action, which is not the spite where people say, I don't think that's how they operate. There has been a sanction his outcome over the outcome based, but the reportable nature of it isn't.
Speaker 4: This is what the confusion was around the Zach Merritt incident with Nick Blakey. Yes, was that you were saying, and you were very clear on this. No, he's not gonna get reported. He's going to be fine because he was a football action and he did that first and then the contact happened. But everyone gets confused about incidents like the Paul Curtis one, and everyone thinks, oh well, this is a legal tackle and he's getting sanctioned because of the outcome. No, it was determined that it wasn't legal tackle because of how he pinned the arms and drove the head into the ground based on the scenario.
Speaker 3: And you can disagree with that and whether it should be reportable or not, but the AFL thinks it is reportable, so that the only thing that that's outcome based that honestly, I think the only thing is the outcome based is the sanction of how many weeks, But it being reportable is not outcome based. But if this were to be graded, I would think that's changed. And that's one of the first ones I can think of that's outcome based over the actual action. And I don't think I genuinely, despite what people will say, don't think we're at that outcome based point yet. North would have a very good case of the tribunal if he is. Oh, I think they get off for the tribunal if it would be great. And sometimes they grade these just because they know the AFL knows they'll challenge it and then we'll just see, let's just have a look. In worst case, they get their ten grand back and the players free to play.
Speaker 5: I just don't think it's I don't think they'll do it.
Speaker 2: Like just last one on this, could there Could he have done anything else in the situation. That's probably what the would have been asking as well.
Speaker 3: Could he have done well, that's what they always sorry, that's what they always ask if the player were to call them tomorrow and say, what was I supposed to do? I don't know what else, unless maybe he should have been a bit more aware of his surroundings. Maybe, but Barry comes in off an angle. It's not Barry's fault, but Barry comes in off an angle because he deviates when he sees the market about to be taken, he goes back towards to move further to a field to take maybe contest to Mark and try and get free for his opponent, for his teammate.
Speaker 5: And McDonald doesn't see it until late. Yeah, I think it's just a I think there is still room for forty accidents. And that's what that was.
Speaker 4: One last thing on the whole outcome deciding the result. Thing that has to play because it plays a factor in court. You get a biggest sanction in court for murdering someone, then for manslaughter or for whatever you know. There are different degrees of murder and all of these things, a degrees of what happened. Based on what happens to the victim, a different punishment is levied out.
Speaker 3: It has to be a factor of that.
Speaker 4: I think everyone agrees that it's two binary right now, and it has to be some nuance. But it has to play a factor.
Speaker 5: If a crime was committed.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And that's the first thing. And that's when Zach Merritt didn't get cited.
Speaker 3: Not to equate crime to football. Well, I mean those things have intersected this year, haven't That.
Speaker 2: Is that is true, David, last one, Maxie, And what I'll do is I'll probably give the context first before so Caltumi reported that Tazzi, when when for their first draft, will be handed picks one, three, five, seven, nine, eleven, and thirteens all the odds between one and thirteen, and then in two years two and three of the build they get picks five and nine. But in the first year they must trade four picks, and it was put that those four picks were five, seven, nine, and thirteen. So they keep one of one of the three, eleven and eleven, but they must trade pick five and retain pick nine in years two and three, and then there's more nuance around the Draft Value Index repercussions as well, and as forty percent is the number being thrown around.
Speaker 3: So that's the important part.
Speaker 2: So the question out of that is ahead of Tazzy's entry. The AFL has clearly learned from past draft concession mistakes with the Suns and the Giants. Fair or fast?
Speaker 4: I think fair, and it's trying to do the right thing. The problem is it likes this mechanism of giving picks you have to trade. It did it with North Melbourne a couple of years ago. But think about what North Melbourne did with those into first round commensation picks. I think was one of them trading for Darcy Tuckey. Yes, not been great, No, I don't think. I don't remember what the other one was traded for. Maybe it was in the Dylan Stevens steal. Things like that. You're not going to get proper value for where those picks are when you are forced to trade those.
Speaker 3: Picks because you've lose your leverage.
Speaker 4: Yes, so when Tasmania has pick five, for example, three years in a row and has to trade it, three years in a row. You are never getting the actual value of that pickback, and they're putting this requirement on there that you can't get more than forty percent of the draft value index points of pick five back because ideally what you would do is, on Tasmania, I've got pick five, I want X out of contract player who's okay, he'll fill some depth, he'll play on the wings. Sometimes he's all right, I want that. And pick fourteen, for example, because the pick's still pretty good, you're downgrading the pick and getting an okay player, So the team doesn't mind losing the player, but you can't do that.
Speaker 3: You would have to get back.
Speaker 4: What if you're trading pick seven, you can only get back pick twenty five, So that's a big down grade on that pick, and the player is not going to make up for that gap in pick value. So there is a very real scenario where Tasmania is given these picks, is forced to trade them, and then he's not getting good value for them. He's getting a bunch of okay, twenty five to twenty eight year old players and maybe they're good the first couple of years, which is what the AFL desperately wants that is bad five years down the road. They're setting up a list that needs to be good right away but does not have the years of depth that a bunch of heavy concessions would give them. So I think they're still a debate on what level of the forty percent level is going to be at.
Speaker 2: Okay, So would you think that's a part of the solution though, would be tweaking the percentage?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think raising it a little bit. Look, you don't want it to be one hundred percent. You don't want it to be saying you can do what you want because they're going to trade pick seven for pick nine and a player and it's irrelevant. But doing it as strictly as it sounds like it's going to be risks forcing Tasmania into a bunch of bad trades which teams can take advantage of. So those teams just happen to get better because they made the right trades and Tasmania is put in an awkward list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that would be interesting to get the feedback of the other eighteen clubs as well, because the other eight en clubs subjectively, well look at that and think, oh, it's probably not a bad result. But if they care about the future of the competition and seeing Tasmania succeed, then that'll be interesting.
Speaker 4: Which is the problem with a system where the AFL has to run this by the clubs because the clubs have vested interests in their own success and other Casmanians a bit.
Speaker 2: To play out there in front. That is the end of Fair of Faces. Our time to check the postbox on the.
Speaker 1: Fox Foody podcast, It's time to open up the mail bag. Have a question for the panel tweetess every Monday morning at Fox Footy.
Speaker 4: Yes, Postman Pat and his black of my Cat. Yes, we're coming. Toby a fan of Postman pattern. Surely you've got some ABC.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't play that anymore, would they.
Speaker 3: No, but you get some on VHS tap.
Speaker 5: You know what I don't like.
Speaker 3: They've they've like upgraded the cartoon quality, the animation quality.
Speaker 2: Bananas and pajamas is the main.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it's no, that was actual people in suits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back in the day, whereas the Postman Pat was like in the last cartoon, Wait, well I thought there was a real banana to.
Speaker 5: Tell you that they were like Postman Pat was more just nice cartoon.
Speaker 3: And now it's like really like up to date cartoon. It just loses some of the magic. Do you I think most kids are just watching Blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, Toby's favor is Blue. But Poor Patrol is a very close second of the ABC.
Speaker 4: So it's free Disney probably, yes, bring back Johnson and Friends. You that's that was with That was with the big green thing, the hot water bottle and the pink elephant, the big Green bedroom sort of like toy story pre toy story. Yeah, kid's room.
Speaker 5: But was that animated it?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 3: I think it was Suits. Yeah, I'm on the Wikipedia pages. Yes, the television program it got canceled, yes, all that how much people loved it.
Speaker 5: It got canceled. A TV reference in there when finished Suits.
Speaker 4: The second last season in nineteen ninety Film Australia's technique involved a large, oversized bedroom set and adult actors in full body.
Speaker 5: So it was full but that's like now, I know that's weird, but like I just what to.
Speaker 3: Build a giant bedroom. I just enjoy that. The real people, it's just got more heart to it. Postmon patals are with real people. But you know, the cartoon quality just seemed a bit more. It just seemed a bit more authentic and lived in back in the day, back in back in my Alfred was the water bottle? Oh yeah there was. There was a Yes, not that.
Speaker 2: Booking.
Speaker 4: Just tapes from the ABC had the exact same intro and all of them.
Speaker 5: And yes, they're so it's so good. Oh just hitting me like really hard.
Speaker 3: Talking about me.
Speaker 5: No, Alfred, Oh yes, yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It was like a Chinese show that they dubbed and it was like a magic dragon and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, extraordinary mail bag. Oh yeah, the postbox. Oh, this is your fault message box.
Speaker 4: This is a very different segment to that. This is where we talk about the question from John Freed, who asks why did Port Adelaide's much faunted midfield trio not start in the Midfield Showdown is the biggest game on their calendar, yet only Butters started the first center Bounce alongside Bergman and Drew.
Speaker 2: I don't think, yeah, I don't think they often are in the same center Bounce. Very you have to check the numbers. I don't think the three of them, Butters, wrote and harn Francis are often in the same midfield because I think Ken really likes to use Willem Drew through there, Ollie Wines clearly still plays his best football on the ball, and Bergman I think King he said last night, attended more center bounces against Adelaide than he had in his entire previous ninety games.
Speaker 4: Beforehand eighty two percent of the Showdown, equal with Butters and most on the team. Only other other game of attended center bounces at all this year was against Collingwood and Round one.
Speaker 2: And then Rosy's moved a half back in the past few weeks and that has worked quite well. And Rosie won the Showdown Metal Orbit somewhat controversially because Port Adelaide lost. Yes, yeah, they've got It's not I understand those three players the biggest stars, but Ken Hinckley has consistently rotated other players through that nix.
Speaker 4: Which is important because the best teams in the best midfields have depth where you can rotate through six, seven, eight guys, and they played different roles. Will and Drew plays a very different role to a Butters. You need you can't have three attack focus midfielders. That's what Porter's had in the past, and then they've had no defensive output, and then they've been torn apart going the other way. So that's why you don't just put your best players in it. You can't just look at the A for twenty six ratings and go, I'm going to put my best players in there, especially because those ratings are.
Speaker 3: Weird, right, They're better than they were.
Speaker 4: One more one from Jason X, who asks should there be an automatic free kick for deceptive actions?
Speaker 3: For flopping for a free? You know, you know, blackmailing someone on the field, deceptive actions right, white whitewashing the action?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that like when someone sets up a game with three card Monty and the forward po Sarah Jones said on The Giants Cats that Jimmy Cameron was lining up on the Giants place said ye on your ear when you're like Toby, Is that a deceptive action? Well, a little bit, I suppose, trying to trick him and to think he's still playing for them.
Speaker 4: Flopping for a free even if there is a small free. Jason X says, pay it against him if he deceptively exaggerates, but also if a player after a free is paid to a team mate, for example saying give me the ball, not him, hoping for a fifty penalty.
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 4: Surely that gets I don't think so milked in a very and then those calls happen and they're stupid and then we hate them, right but much.
Speaker 2: I think that's slightly over the top. I can't I can't say about coming in anytime soon.
Speaker 3: But thank you.
Speaker 5: It's like Twitter, I've been the X.
Speaker 4: But I do like the idea because it would be funny. That's off of the mail day this week.
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 7: Oh, Kevin, Kevin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just played it wet you said it and I forgot we had the sting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're listening factually correct.
Speaker 5: I don't listen to this podcast, would you? Yeah? That's that can be the tagline?
Speaker 2: What's the pitch you've just opened up? Next to the Who's that?
Speaker 3: Neil Roberts on his returns Ring Tastaker in nineteen seventy three. So yes. Another fun part.
Speaker 4: About this book is that there are three different sections of photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to fill out the pages.
Speaker 5: Used to love those bits of books when I was a kid. So you go to the bookshop. That was a bit Yeah, I opened up.
Speaker 3: Me too, and also gives you a little break. It seems like you're cheating because you're getting ahead of the book. You're reading really quickly. It's like easy, easy pages.
Speaker 4: But like, why is there a photo of Tony Lockett taking a mark against Richmond?
Speaker 5: And what does that? It was a pocket of greatness. He's a great It was a great player.
Speaker 3: In the pocket sometimes Jim Stein's playing for Victoria former.
Speaker 2: If you do get a chance last week to listen back to the pockets of greatness from my last week, what.
Speaker 5: Happened, I'll send it to you. Okay, can you just send it to me? I don't want to. I don't want to give you the satisfaction.
Speaker 3: Also don't want to spoil it. Thanks, Well, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: I've got to find roll I lost for I was looking through the photo.
Speaker 2: Sorry next to your Kevin Sheedy, of.
Speaker 3: Course, we know gives a lot of wisdom.
Speaker 4: Well well experienced. Let me correct myself. There are a lot of words written down that Kevin Sheedy apparently staid. Here are some of them. Yes, you can learn something from the Japanese tourists in Australia across. They're smart. They take photographs all the time. They go bang bang bang, photo, photo, photo. They say, hey, look at that.
Speaker 3: And what do you know? They've got something.
Speaker 4: So I go around the world taking photos and bingo. I don't know what they mean when I take them sometimes, but I do when I study them later. They make you think, which takes you back to Peter the Great of Russia of mine. Like Peter, you don't sit on your bum and feel sorry for yourself. You go out and find things and bring them back to your own country and study them and see if you can use them or adapt them. That's what I learned from Peter the Great.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ's that is as so he's gone from Japanese tourists to Peter the Great.
Speaker 4: Peter the Great, of course, the Sara of Russia from six Geode two, and then emperor until his death.
Speaker 5: Emperor. All right, that sounds like a healthy democracy.
Speaker 3: Well, it's far better for you.
Speaker 4: In the seventeenth century. I did Russian Revolutions in our high school.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I think probably they didn't have a democratic period, did they were? They still went to the polls.
Speaker 4: There was a bit in that subject where you know the song by Boney m about rasputing.
Speaker 3: Yes, we had study the song.
Speaker 5: Oh really, yeah? Was it Dent.
Speaker 3: It goes about three minutes.
Speaker 5: No, not the length of the song, the lyrical, not the length of the It's.
Speaker 4: Quite a historically accurate song. Ra Ra Raspute, lover of the Russian Queen. He was a cat that really was gone Rah rah respute in Russia's greatest love machine.
Speaker 3: It was a shame how he carried on.
Speaker 5: It was a banger too.
Speaker 4: And then there was stuff abouthim getting poisoned, and he went in a lake and then he came back to life always.
Speaker 5: Kevin doesn't talk about that.
Speaker 3: I'll see if he does.
Speaker 5: I haven't read everything, wouldn't put it past. That might be in the upcoming book.
Speaker 3: Peter was Oh, he organized a well ordered police state.
Speaker 5: It doesn't surprise me. Still this Max is a kid like Victoria.
Speaker 2: Max's Kevin Sheedy voiceover is slowly becoming no on the sort of the media watch voiceover kind of areas a little bit?
Speaker 5: Is it really?
Speaker 2: I just I like it. It's it's got a real brand now, I think the Max voice over.
Speaker 5: Then does Crash credit come on to the show or not?
Speaker 3: If you want?
Speaker 2: He's very good at saying yes to a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Crash yeah, maybe does you want to talk about the I p l getting posts.
Speaker 5: Doesn't so much about the op There isn't that much about the cricket.
Speaker 3: Does he know anything about footy's Yeah, yeah, it's Jared.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You so want to, well, I want to.
Speaker 2: I know, maybe Crash can close the show. Let's forget to the tips and cups. First, Gold Coast and Hawthorne on Thursday night in Darwin, Mitch Hallahan cup up for grabs. Hawthorne have traveled to Northern Territory on Monday. The sons have obviously stayed in Darn for a long time. Rather large. There's night game has just turned in two.
Speaker 4: They're enjoying it. I will not be watching this game. I'll be able to keep of.
Speaker 5: Course you will.
Speaker 2: That's exciting.
Speaker 3: Billboards, Billboards the nightclub. Well it's a nightclub, Russell Street.
Speaker 5: It's a nightclub. Yeah, you know, a couple of you're going to Billboards.
Speaker 3: First time in my life for everything.
Speaker 5: I don't think of. Oh, I don't know if I've got you're reacting like someone who might have gone to the just.
Speaker 3: It's going to sold like two point eight stars on Google something like that, or maybe three point one.
Speaker 5: Anyway, what's who.
Speaker 2: Wins out of Gold Coast and Hawthorne.
Speaker 3: I would tipping two point four. Yeah, Jesus, that's worse than thes that. I'll tell you what salmonella are both of those places. I'll go for the Gold Coast Sons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think he's my logic. I think the Bulldogs are better than Hawthorne, and Go Go has already beat the Bulldogs, so I think they'll beat Hawthorne.
Speaker 2: Two, right, Sidney and Carlton Ricky Mott, cup up for grabbing.
Speaker 4: Martin, Yes, Yes, the cup of life will be given to one of these team seasons.
Speaker 5: These two big ones, Swans and Blues couple, Live and Ship bangs, living.
Speaker 3: The local please please. The best pre chorus of maybe that's the intro that they actually take you close off and dancing in the rain, the build up of tension before the chorus hits. It's an incredible part.
Speaker 5: He's a good operator, Ricky.
Speaker 3: Yes, know what he's.
Speaker 4: Doing playing Rod Labor in November?
Speaker 2: Is he really?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 4: I Cat and I were driving back from here yesterday and billboards which we saw a billboard of.
Speaker 3: Course, Ricky Martin with Who's the She was a judge on the.
Speaker 4: Voice Rita Aura is like the Aura is the support act.
Speaker 5: Who is thinks about Rita Aura.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe we could do a special podcast from the from Billboards outside the Ricky Ricky Martin.
Speaker 3: I would go, that'll be fun.
Speaker 5: I actually would go, it's great.
Speaker 3: I know, like three songs, but like what, I'm sure there are the three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: He know you only know three songs? He to get through the other ones? Can he do some covers?
Speaker 3: He does some covers just to pad out the It's like photos, do you do a cover just to pad out the run at your back? Like the shitty book?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, do you want him to color.
Speaker 5: Up there? Because Dan.
Speaker 3: Anyway, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Uh, Sydney Carton.
Speaker 3: Sydney, Sydney at home? Maybe yeah, I kind serious?
Speaker 2: They win this?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know you are right.
Speaker 5: You're right, mom tiving Carlson just because I want to.
Speaker 3: That's a good reason to tip them.
Speaker 2: Collingwood and Adelaide Ben Crocker Cup.
Speaker 3: These games are always close, and Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Gets screwed, yes, the last two times, like four in the last five games between these two. Inside of Isaac Rankin fifty yards, Jordan Dawstring. Yes, the Frank Kiggins.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think there's probably some other ones. Will forkn would know them well.
Speaker 2: The fork is actually asked for this day off because he's got a lot of coming over Australia.
Speaker 4: The reverse gather around, gather around the mcg yes to see Collingwood win Collingwood.
Speaker 5: That's it, we both do that.
Speaker 3: Tip just broke for.
Speaker 2: A minute for the Paul Coollery itis, your favorite, a man who actually thrives off his being his cup.
Speaker 4: I it's not quite at GWS levels of the g WS playing Gelong, but Likelid, I don't. I don't like this game for some reason, even though Loong has a pretty good record against Port there, including the qualifying final last year.
Speaker 5: Yes eighty it was almost eighty points, wasn't that was out of reach.
Speaker 3: By the second quarter? Yes, Geelong, Geelong.
Speaker 2: The Giants and the dock is for the Tom Sheridan Cup.
Speaker 3: Another man who would love the cup in his honor.
Speaker 5: Giants, Giants, Dogs and Bombers Mark Alvy Cup.
Speaker 4: Again, first big real test for the Bombers in a little while. So it's probably some Sanzac to aspos.
Speaker 2: But I go the Dogs. Yeah, Live and exclusive on Fox Footing. What's the reasoning as well behind the two four fifteen games or the two Twilight Saturday games and one Saturday Night get a good question.
Speaker 5: Maybe Seven's taking one of them in a certain state. I don't know how it works.
Speaker 4: There's no overlap between what portcats and Jennibe's three or the four fifteens are they?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very odd. Maybe we just wanted to give the Bombers and the Dogs the spotlight.
Speaker 2: Maybe Richmond and North Melbourne another Fox Footy exclusive the Biggie Nuance Cup up for grabs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, grow great career he had, Yes delisted after a year of being traded.
Speaker 3: I think North should be better than this.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've had North higher in the power rankings for a while because their percentage is better.
Speaker 3: I think they're a better team.
Speaker 2: I've had a very good last three weeks they have, but.
Speaker 4: Richmond is three and six, the same as the Swans, which is quite remarkable. I still think North, if there are any sort of of what their list says they should be, should win this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go North to Brisbane and Melbourne for the Joel McDonald Cup. Entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: This game is weirdly close. Last year from memory, I think it was like a Thursday night game Melbourne was up there at the Gabba.
Speaker 2: And then the year before that the lights went out.
Speaker 5: Yes no, yes, no rival channels commentator.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't have to listen to him anymore.
Speaker 5: So is his son marrying Yankee David?
Speaker 2: Yes, Brisbane?
Speaker 4: Sorry a woman, Yes, I just I just wanted to make sure a certain repute.
Speaker 5: Yes, he always referred to the same way by the Herald Son. Oh weird.
Speaker 3: I wonder why what website would that be referencing David what? No, No, the way she's described Australia's most anyway subscribes.
Speaker 4: Speaking Australia speaks club that win the podcast that we're on.
Speaker 5: It's not true Brisbane Brisbane.
Speaker 4: But what does Melbourne of a bunch of Sunday three twenty games coming up?
Speaker 3: That's just the natural sort of spot. Why did Stefan want to show Melbourne so much?
Speaker 2: And then West Coast take on Kilda? Lots of TV's and true for the bo Wilks slash bow Master Cup.
Speaker 3: That's not true, they're away. It's Kilder. If there any sort of serious goes to West Coast and wins this game.
Speaker 5: Yes, St. Kilda.
Speaker 2: Well, now he's Robert.
Speaker 5: Did just say that you should keep clicking back to Fox that? Yeah, I'm just because I don't know if I need to do it, Like if he needs to appear, does he need to appear? Does it mean to him?
Speaker 3: Does it mean to him to because he has a very distinctive speaking style and I'm just captured by it. Yeah, So if he was to appear on the podcast, would that be disrespect because I have a lot of respect for him and what he's done.
Speaker 4: I think you've put that forward. Are you saying you don't have any respect for Michael Kaine?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't, Michael Kine. I don't think it's any water off his back. I don't know, Robert crash cratic, what the sort of how it's you.
Speaker 2: Would have caught him to get him on the line.
Speaker 5: I've spoken to him before. He's a great and he's been great. Uh huh, it's good, Okay, all right, well here he is. Yeah, we'll just see the door.
Speaker 3: Folly work. You can't read open the door here, couldn't reach that they step step.
Speaker 2: Crash, Good of you to make up so much a time quickly as well straight down from Brisbane to join us in the Fox Footy pocast. Would you like to see us out?
Speaker 5: You will keep picking back to foxfooty dot com.
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 1: Thanks Jude, Thanks for listening to the Fox Footy podcast. Like what you hear? Hit subscribe and rate us on your preferred podcast platform and for the best footy news and views, catch fox Footy on channel five oh four. Keep clicking back to foxfooty dot com dot are you