Speaker 1: Apodjay Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I a Bad Mum? Podcast? Just quickly to start. Literally before we hit record on this podcast, Rate got a message from message can you play it?
Speaker 1: I can play it. I'm not sure that this will anyway. That's fine. I'll turn it right up so we can hear it all. Hi, Mum, it's racy. I found my lunchbox. It was at the bag rep the whole time. God, I love you to have much podcast.
Speaker 2: Don't say anything embarrassing. I've just had a really good idea. I genuinely think this is a really good idea for you because obviously, as we know, your husband, Sam thy Day is currently on I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here, so he's potentially going to be away for six weeks, and it's been a long time, and Gracie started high school. Why don't you get them each day to do a little diary in to your little journal of what happened in their day so that he can read it or when it gets back.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Because what's made me laugh also is that we're watching him on TV, you know, swimming in the creek, just like lots of downtime, Like there's a lot of just sitting around meantime. Rach in this period of the two weeks that he's been away, has caught a snake in their house, has been on the ride on mower.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Katie, I do watch elements of him sitting around, swimming in the creek, having relay races in the creek. I'm at home capturing fucking baby pythons inside the house. In the same afternoon, had our front and gate break. I can't get caught in or out, don't know how to fix it. Then your car breaks down. Then my car just decides not working. The coffee machine broke, and then the lovely man goes, oh, so the cockcroaches have eaten both boards, and the both boards go together, and then I'm going, now the coffee machine's broken. I see coffee machines broken. That's going to like literally cut my throat.
Speaker 2: Are you just having me on?
Speaker 1: And he's like nah, So we had that. Then I was just like sitting there like a shell of human. And the girl's like, mom, why are you not excited to watch Dad in the jungle?
Speaker 2: The camera should be here? Am I a bad mum for obsessing over boys.
Speaker 1: Wow, Katie, Wow, obsessing about boys for your girls or just like boys in general.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not me. Oh I think about boys married. But the girls have got their semi formal coming up. Yeah, so I have had non stop messages about dresses, about hair and makeup and now right, so send you a message saying who can we hire a dress off? And you sent me a bunch of suggestions. Hair and makeup's booked. And now they don't have dates, and so they're like, mum, we don't have a date, Like, who are we going to go to the semi formal with everyone's taking a boy?
Speaker 1: Is it their semi or is it someone else's? It's theirs? So in my head I was like, oh, they must be going to somebody else's semis as a date. No, automatically went there.
Speaker 2: No, it's their school's one, right, yeah, and so they need a date. But the problem is is that they don't have boyfriends, and they don't even really have many boys that they talk to because the way how it works these days, right, just to bring it up to speed, it is all on snapchat. So boys just add people on Snapchat from friends of friends or whatever. That's how it works. It's like a very modern day like online dating.
Speaker 1: Like a very quick exchange too. Like the snaps last long or is it like do you record yourself talking to the camera or like don't. It's not like FaceTime, is it. It's not like you and I join a chat to chat. It's like they snap myself, send it to you snap yourself, Like yeah, do you get to know someone like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: From what I understand, it's messages.
Speaker 1: So like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: You send messages. They also do a lot of voice notes. Oh yeah, that wasn't something that we ever did voice notes like this is news. I'm very much like, just pick up the phone and call someone, like the voice notes that go back on forward, So just phone them. And then it's the random photos. So you just send photos because you have to keep you snapscore up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I have heard of the snapscore only through you the wall or the curtain. Just keep the score up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or mom in a pajamas rach. I have moments where I'm like, do you just take a photo of me? And they're like yeah, like all caught off guard, like I'm not smiling or anything. I'm like, who are you sending that to? Oh?
Speaker 1: Why? And he lives like on the other side of Brisbane and there's you just just me and my pajamas why and pictures of me?
Speaker 2: And I must look surprised too, because all of a sudden, like I turn around and I'm like, you just take a photo of me. I'm like, you don't even let me tag you on Instagram when I put stuff up of like just photos Amelia Amelia has and I don't know how you do this some setting on Instagram where I can't even tack her.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not even allowed to. Yeah, yeah you can do that, but can other people?
Speaker 2: Can other people tag her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think she just I think it's like a generic like no one can tag you or everyone can tag you.
Speaker 2: It's not just like me.
Speaker 1: I think I could be wrong. I'll have to get onto my social media gal and ask her. But I thought it was like a generic like one or all or none, all or none.
Speaker 2: Anyway, all these kids around Brisbane got random pictures of me in your tracks yeah off guard, like that really surprised.
Speaker 1: The mere kat photo like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, So the girls got plenty of snaps, but no dates, no, no dates, and so now I like, I feel like now I'm obsessing over it. I'm like, you should really talk to some more boys. Who ever thought that I would be encouraging that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but don't they have like again, didn't go to school in Brisbane, but from what I've heard, don't have like sister schools. Like does it make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the boys school and the girls.
Speaker 1: They're right next to each other, like the girls and the boys sort of think and then they sort of, isaay, cross pollinate from there. But I don't know, like did you always have one?
Speaker 2: Yes, they've had times where they've been talking to boys, Yeah, but they're not really at the moment. And because they're quite shy when it comes to that. Yeah, I just don't know. I'm like, I'm getting nervous about it. There's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Plenty of people out there that don't have dates.
Speaker 2: Surely, well you'd think so. But then I said to them, well, why don't you just go with a group of girlfriends. Oh, that's like social suicide.
Speaker 1: Well then they need to pick up their A game and like get better at this. Don't they go to parties? Now? Yeah, that doesn't work. You don't meet people at parties anymore, Well, you'd think. So I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. My issue with kids at the moment is trying to find them a boyfriend. I never never ever would be.
Speaker 1: And they're beautiful, beautiful girls, not that that matters, but you somewhat, you know, like it somewhere along the line, you know that sort of you think, oh, you can't you just get a boyfriend or like. But again, like they're starting new circles, although you know that might not change anything, but are they allowed to bring people from outside of Like it doesn't have to be from it can be anyone.
Speaker 2: It could be anyone. Yeah, and so now they've got a friend who does have a boyfriend, and so she's now saying, well, come along, why don't I introduce you to some of his friends. Yes, and maybe.
Speaker 1: And the girls working now they meet different group of people, like obviously similar age because that's who they employ. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all kids, the managers of kids. It's like kids managing other.
Speaker 1: Kids, kids that are running kids.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I will never not that I ever was before that, but I will never be rude to a macas worker or KFC or whoever it might be hungry Jack. I will always be very careful how I speak to them now, even if they get my order wrong, which is fucking all the time. Well I say all the time, like I get meccas all the time, Like I've probably had it once in a year, but they always get your order wrong because it's always kids. Kids manage kids. But I will always be very careful how I speak to them now because it's someone's kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: So like now I've got this protective kind of mother hen type feeling of when people are rude to the people at the drive through for example.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also I think it's like sometimes like I sort of go, it's just a sign I'm not meant to be eating this shit. I'm just not meant to be eating this shitl Why am I back here? Why am I doing this to my body again? Four kids that work in those drive throughs. Look, they're under the pump enough, Look your girls just putting it into a perspective. They're under the pump. Not only they're they're trying to find a boy to go to semi with. They've got school, they got like everything going on. Don't know what's going on in their world.
Speaker 2: So you think Macca and one of the fellow Macca's workers, maybe guy on the Big Max, what about him. I'm literally going to go in Rachel. I have not been allowed to go in there with been working.
Speaker 1: Both of my else we were literally going, I don't know, somewhere down your way, and we were going that way, and for some reason, both of my kids went, oh, we should pull through a drive and see if they're working, and I was like, no.
Speaker 2: They would die if oh, I would just laugh so much. If you going through the drive through Hi girls, they would just die.