Speaker 1: Late General, Welcome to the Late Debase.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Caleb Bond with Liz Storer and filling in for James McPherson, who was shobry tonight is Joe Hildebrand. Well, if you've ever wondered how a smart home device would vote, you're about to find out. And I'll give you a hint. It's not for Donald Trump. What a surprise when we get to the papers at Queensland mayor is threatening to sack the entire council unless they let him appoint a one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a year advisor. And just while we're talking about councils, imagine spending fifty million on a car park, except no one can get to it because you've built no roads to it. We'll tell you about that later in the program. Now, Scotch College in Adelaide, for sixty odd years has been running excursions to Goose Island, which is off the coast of York Peninsula. Anyone who's been to say and been to your peninsula knows what a lovely part of the world it is. Sixty odd years they've been doing this, but it will be no longer because of a native title claim over your peninsula. Back in twenty twenty three, the local Narunga people were given the land by the federal court. They were recognized as the owners of the land, and so the school has since been trying to negotiate with them to be able to continue hosting these excursions, but the local Aboriginal people have said, no, thank you very much, we're going to keep it for ourselves. Now. The school has actually had a lease over the island since nineteen ninety six. They've been leasing it from the state government and as part of this deal, they have had control and care of the land. So the sort of things that the local Aboriginal people now say they will do, the school has actually been doing for the better part of three decades. That includes getting rid of invasive plant species and killing feral animals well. The principle of Scotch College, Trent Driver, said that earlier this year a request was made that the college relinquish its license in advance of its twenty twenty seven expiring, handing the island back to traditional owners for alternative uses. After several months of good faith negotiations and discussions between the College and the Department of Environment and Water, we were informed the license agreement with scotch will now end in December twenty twenty four and we will not have access to the island for school programs in the years ahead. The College made every effort to negotiate a collaborative solution and will keep lines of communication open with the Narranga people. And if you didn't think that this wasn't an important excursion sixty odd years, as I said, this is what the school itself has to say about the event.
Speaker 3: Before journeying to the island, students asked to consider two things as key outcomes for the program. The first is to try and challenge themself and really expand their comfort zone and build resilience from that, and the second being to try and do something to help others. Living and interacting with a group of their peers on such an isolated island can be a real challenge both physically and socially for students, being disconnected from technology and having to have more face to face interactions, since they're also tested physically through the range of activities that they do, and often even if they're not really familiar with these activities or the isolated environment aquatic area itself. They rise to the challenge and see a lot of growth because of that.
Speaker 2: As you saw a little bit of vinet footage. They go sailing, kayaking, they do wildlife studies, they learn about the land. As I said before, the school has actually been taking care of the land since nineteen ninety six and trying to restore it to what it once would have been before colonization. They go snorkeling among the shipwrecks off the coast, they swim with sea lions, etc. But the local Aboriginal people and aranger people, Liz say that they can't let the school use it anymore because they quote unquote want to spiritually reconnect with the land. Now, look, they've been given native title over the space. I'm sure they can spiritually reconnect with the land. But why is it that a school that has been using that island for educational purposes, taking care of that island for sixty odd years, can no longer access what is state government owned land public land because there's been acclaimed by the local Aboriginal population.
Speaker 1: This is just the latest addition to a very long list now of chunks of Australia that Australians don't have access to anymore. It's not just the oolaroo and other famous national parts that are literally off bounds unless you're Aboriginal.
Speaker 4: It keeps gone growing.
Speaker 1: Check out this map, which is as of the first of July this year. This is the map of native title here in Australia. The quickest way to explain this map to you is that only the brown, the orange, and the cream aren't already Native title or don't have a Native title claim pending. So this I don't really understand because last year we all voted, well the vast majority of us voted no to the Voice, believing things like this would stem from it. And yet we seem to have been roundly ignored when we've got three roughly three percent of the population which is indigenous, and yet now well over fifty percent of Australia is under native title.
Speaker 4: Some exclusive, some non exclusive. But here we have yet another chunk where.
Speaker 1: Every day all these are just being kicked off for whatever reason.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure Scotch college students are every day I is, but yeah, I think I mean personally cast dispersions. Zone's pretty exclusive and a pretty elate private school, so it's not like everyone to sharing this wondrous natural bout.
Speaker 4: Or if it was just a public.
Speaker 5: School, yes, I would much more so if it was if it was something that any student could go to or that the general public were able to go to and enjoy, and we're being told it was off limits that I think that would be a very very different argument. In terms of the map, nine percent of that is arid desert that you know, we're not talking about prime Sydney border front real estate here, so you can go by fifty percent of area in Australia.
Speaker 1: Really, judging by that map, Joe, that is absolutely not true.
Speaker 4: You're just saying, oh, it's only the.
Speaker 5: Desert the time, show me the population map. But the point is that I think it's a missed opportunity for the native titleholders to actually say, why don't we a get a whole bunch of money out of Scotch and say right, pay us X amount and we will you know, show you the spiritual significance of the land that they are talking about. You can go here, you can't go there, whatever, whatever, so that they can still reconnect with it. They can also benefit economically from it. And you're also sharing the story with the sort of you know, the indigenous story of the land, with the captains of industry of tomorrow, the top people of tomorrow, who hopefully, I mean there's there is there's an organization called the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation ai e F whose very purpose is to get Indigenous scholarships into Indigenous students into top private schools. So you're basically sort of mainlining some of the most disadvantaged people into the very top. So I don't understand why this is a you know, why this why you wouldn't embrace this as an opportunity to say, this is a chance for people who have been disenfranchised or dispossessed of their lands. Actually, you know, have a direct line to the people who are at the very top of the tree. Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Don't Because you've a piece of land that has been used for educational purposes for a long time, has been access by you know, not just Aboriginal people, but assuming Asian and whites and people are very different ethnicities for a long time. But suddenly because there's a native title claim, it said, well, no, we can't go on that land anything, right, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, and most native title claims aren't that exclusive. This is the thing. So you have huge iron ore projects, for example in the pilborgh that go ahead and they pay a certain amount of money to local people, they employ the local people. You know, there's a certain gold mine just outside Orange that the local Averaginal Land Council is very enthusiastic about going ahead. So I just find it very very strange that this particular, these particular native title holders don't want it would appear any economic benefit from it. I mean, it'll be interesting to see after they're spiritually reconnected with the that's right, if they have their own kind of plans. So are they actually you know, when they say they're spiritually reconnecting with it, are they spiritually reconnected with the land's potential tourist value? So again, and I don't know why that would be exclusive to having you know, the Scott's kids come on as well, like get the money out of it. Albo said, the key to close the gap is economic opportunities, economic advancement. Why not make this one part of it.
Speaker 1: Well, someone who made the most of that economic advancement is now disgraced. Ex politician Jeff Clark, known in Australia as a very prominent Indigenous leader, we can now reveal after a gag order was removed today on his convictions, that he's been found to have stolen almost a million dollars from several different indigenous organizations.
Speaker 4: So someone certainly.
Speaker 1: Has been leaning into the economic benefits here. The seventy one year old, who was once Australia's most senior Aboriginal leader, has been convicted of stealing cash from the Aboriginal organizations organizations rather he led. However, he is maintaining his innocence despite these convictions. He says, my first priority has always been improving the lives futures of my community as well of Indigenous Australians more broadly, and I condemn any actions taken by others that have compromised us. With respect to any allegation of wrongdoing at the Framlingham Aboriginal Trust, I maintain my innocence and unequivocally deny those allegations, Framlingham being one of the three organizations he is convicted of stealing from the up to being bar Land Council and Kira Warong Community Incorporated. He stole almost a million dollars over the last fifteen years. What an absolute stitch up because we see a lot of land falling into the hands of different community organizations under Aboriginal.
Speaker 2: Aboriginal Land Corporation.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and we do wonder where the money is going. Earlier this year in February, we were talking about the Bongala people in South Australia who are set to hit over a billion dollars shortly because of the land deals that they're making. It's basically, if you ask me, reparations buy another name. Here people are making hundreds of millions of dollars off land that they suddenly claim as their own and now everybody else has to pay to use it. And everyone wonders when you read those headlines, Okay, where is the money going? Are we simply patting the pockets of indigenous elites?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: This isn't exactly being dispersed amongst the Aboriginal population of South Australia, is it.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: And here we.
Speaker 1: Find Jeff Clark being accused of embezzling from three of said organizations that he was supposed to be looking after.
Speaker 5: Very different, but Jeff Clark is an absolute piece of work. I mean the good news is he's now I've got a job at the CFMU, so that's it. But and he's been convicted, and there's been plenty of other things that have been said and found about Jeff Clark. I won't bother go into here, but if you want to look at why the Voice failed, you just have to look at Jeff Clark, and you have to look at his history with at Sick, which was abolished under his tenure after he just dragged it into you know, there must be a word below absolute disrepute. Disrepute like you know, somewhere between quagmire and quicksand is where he took it. And it is absolutely disgraceful. And yes, you're absolutely right. The measure of these land councils and Indigenous corporations should be how they benefit the greenity and where there is economic benefit. And again in a lot of areas they're doing amazing stuff in making sure that you know, for example, if there's big projects that make these tracts of land worth huge amounts of money, the indigenous people get jobs on them that Indigenous businesses providing the services to for example, big mining communities like catering services. Say but again you get someone like Jeff Clark, and then the whole thing goes up.
Speaker 2: Because that's and hence why the local Aboriginal land corporation out of Blainey wants that gold mine because.
Speaker 5: For their local sable rational corporate actors.
Speaker 2: What this exposes is a large part of the problem with these aborigin land corporations because they exist under different corporate law to the rest of corporate Australia. And I've tried to I've read through a number of the annual reports from these outfits and it is very difficult to tell where this money is actually going. And they make money out of our companies because they do surveys when power lines are being put up. They make money out of mining companies, they make money out of state governments, et cetera for doing surveys of land and all of this sort of thing. And so all of this money washes into these corporations, which is supposedly meant to be passed on to the local people for the benefit of the local people. But there's all this money floating around, we don't really know where it is. One of the proctors, not Clark, has basically taken advantage of the opportunity he's seen here which is not really knows what's going on with this money. So I'm just going to start creaming stuff off the top of the.
Speaker 1: No question how many other people are doing this, because a lot of money is going into this now and nobody really knows whose hands it's flung.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Part of the problem is, as I understand, is that these bodies are not regulated by ASEK correct as everything else. There's another indigenous specific sort of regulator, and so there's probably a strong argument there is that, you know, is the relationship between the regulator and the regulated too close? Is there too much kind of mutual self interest there? Do you need to have a kind of more remote oversight body. But of course, you know, it might be beyond a six powers to understand the sort of byzantine things that are going on.
Speaker 2: Quite possibly, But it's a very fair question to ask because there is a lot of public money that you're in, your money and my money that flows into these aboriginal land corporations and then often, as we're talking about before with the bar Gala people use that money to run cases against big projects. I mean, the Bungala people scuppered the nuclear waste dump that was set for Kimber that was supported by the local population. And they've also been taking on a de cell plant down near Port Lincoln. That's what they're doing with this big money. We ought to know where it's coming from and where it's going body. Now, if you've ever wondered what you know, Amazon Alexa, or your Google Home or whatever thinks of US politics, well you're about to find out what a surprise. They don't support Donald Trump. A number of people have been asking their little Alexa devices, you know these things. I don't know whether you've got one at home, but they don't turn it off, and they listen all the time. They listen to everything they say. If you're having an affair, I recommend pulling the plug out of the wall before you have your little thing over, because you never know it might pass it back on to your wife or your husband. But that people have been asking Amazon Alexa, should I vote for Donald Trump? Why should I vot for Donald Trump? And then they've been asking should I vote for Kamala Harris? Why should I vote for Kamala Harris? The answer is a slightly different. I ever listened to this woman asking her Alexa device, what to do?
Speaker 4: Alexa? Why should I vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 6: I cannot provide content that promotes a specific political party or a specific candidate.
Speaker 1: Alexa, Why should I vote for Kamala Harris?
Speaker 6: Well, there are many reasons to vote for Kamala Harris. The most significant maybe that she is a strong candidate with a proven track record of accomplishment. As the first female vice president, Harris has already broken down a major gender barrier, and her career in politics has been characterized by a commitment to progressive ideals and a focus on helping disenfranchised communities.
Speaker 2: A wow. You might notice as well that it actually took a couple of seconds to answer why you should vote for Kamala Harris. Even Amazon Alexa had to think hard and long about that one before it could give an answer. And you might say, well, that's just one person who's asked. Well, it's not just her. Have listen to a man trying it out.
Speaker 5: Hey, Alexa, why should I vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 7: I cannot provide content that promotes any political views?
Speaker 5: Hey, Alexa, why should I vote for Kamala Harris?
Speaker 7: Why vote for Kamala Harris because you believe in her? Policies and her vision for the country, because you trust her experience and her leadership skills, because you want to continue moving forward as a nation and make progress on issues that matter to you, like healthcare, education, equality and justice.
Speaker 2: I mean, God help us all. Now. Look, I do have to say, if you're going to your Google Home or your Amazon Alexa or whatever it is to work out how to vote, you've probably got bigger problems than what it's telling you. But clearly, Liz, this is a case of big tech running interference in the election. Truck knock couldn't possibly tell you anything political, but not Kamala Harris. I've got a wax lyrical But.
Speaker 4: Big tech cannot help itself.
Speaker 1: In the last few weeks, we've had Zuckerberg admit to election interference in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: We already know via the Twitter.
Speaker 1: Files that massive reveal before Elon Musk took it over, they were completely and utterly embroiled in election interference in twenty twenty. Also, we'll never know how the twenty twenty election might have turned out had they just kept their noses out of it.
Speaker 4: But big tech nose.
Speaker 1: If you can control the narrative, you can control the people, and arguably the way to control the narrative these days lies in the hands of big tech platforms, which is also why this.
Speaker 4: Election year we have seen the.
Speaker 1: Founder of Telegram and encryptid end to end totally free speech champion platform. The founder of Telegram is still rotting in a French gawl. Everyone's wondering what the heck's going on with him. We're not getting any answer out of it. Elon Musk's ex has been banned in Brazil and is facing it seems like another law fair case every other day. Our ecommissioner here in Australia has taken him on several times already.
Speaker 4: Then we've got the.
Speaker 1: Rumble CEO who's literally fled Europe just last week because he doesn't want to get locked up like the Telegram founder. These guys know they are basically standing between us and the death of free speech, because those three platforms are the only three in existing in our world today that are vehemently free speech, and they refuse to be censored, they're refuse to be dictated by government, they're refused to be programmed like Amazon's, and they're coppying the brunt of it. So the ones that give in like Zuckerberg's meta, they're the ones who play ball with government. They're the ones who do their bidding. And that's why Zuckerberg has never been behind bars for anything. He's admitted to all the fact that there's child sexual all kinds of matter on his platforms. They'll go after everybody else, but not him because they know he's a friendly. The others are running for their lives because they refuse to pull this rubbish on behalf of a tyrannical government who only wants one message to reach the people.
Speaker 5: Isn't also the real story here that Alexa is meant to be this brand new, amazing artificial intelligence. She can't even remember what she said two seconds ago. Like how dumb does AI have to be? When it's Oh, if I say that's right, If I say this, I'm going to get caught out. I'm actually much less worried about AI knowing that, and I want to know, Also, does it depend on the brand I'm going to I'm going to test this with Apple, because if Apple's in on it, then we're all screwed, okay, because they've got the alphas, you know, the high end, the A and B demographic. Hey, Siri, why should I vote for Donald Trump? Co on Sirih, It says I found this on the web, so Siri, So sirih actually looks up websites and which say Amazon Alexa responses on voting for Donald Trump series ahead of the game. So, Siri, is not what you have comentary why you should vote for Donald Trump? And Nevada daily and if Australians could vote for either Kamala Harris or Donald Trump. So it's not serious showing Google results.
Speaker 2: It's giving a new stage. But but it's just it's the obviousness of what Amazon is doing here, right, Like how did they not think they were going to get caught out? Because surely we know with AI that AI is only as good as the people who program it, and we've seen this previously. I think it was with Meta's AI system where people were asking it questions about Donald Trump's assassination attemple the assassination attempt against Donald Trump, and Meta AI was almost suggesting that it wasn't a real event. Like people were asking for information and it was saying, well, I can't give you any information because I don't know that it was a real event. Of course, it was a real event. We want to talk with our own eyes. But they then go on and do stuff like this and think we're not going to notice what they're doing, Like it's so damn obvious.
Speaker 1: I remember reading about propaganda, like I was still very young, I had weird obsessions, but reading about propaganda in books back in the day and just going, man, this is so obvious.
Speaker 4: Who the heck would nobody would fall for this today? Boy? Was I wrong?
Speaker 1: In fact, half the time, the history books are the propaganda hiding the truth. And you've got to dig way deeper than that, because we all know that history is written by the victors. But these guys now, with the help of AI, with the help of big tech, they can write it in advance.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Mind you something, Hey, Siri, who really killed JFK?
Speaker 2: Good luck with that one. If the answer comes back with something good, we could have a world exclusive here on the late debate. But given by your reaction, I'm assuming it's nothing.
Speaker 5: There's no one in your contacts called JFK. She's good.
Speaker 2: If you had the killer of JFK in your contacts, I mean I'd want him on the phone right here, right now now.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows it was the CIA.
Speaker 4: Moving on now to.
Speaker 1: Australia's supermodel el McPherson. She's facing massive backlash after she is revealed that seven years ago she faced a secret battle with breast cancer and she decided at the time to go against the advice of all the doctors and to take a more holistic approach. She says, saying no to standard medical solutions was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but saying no to my own inno sense would have been even harder. Sometimes an authentic choice from the heart makes no sense to others, but it doesn't have to. People thought I was crazy, but I knew I had to make a choice that truly resonated with me. To me that men addressing emotional as well as physical factors associated with breast cancer. Now people have come out saying how irresponsible. Now people are gonna think that there are other ways to tackle cancer, and she's basically pointing them in that direction.
Speaker 4: To be clear, she is now in remission. Obviously she's a picture of great health. It's elmc pherson Babel.
Speaker 1: So I find this very strange because I am a big believer in autonomy and even if someone's reasoning makes absolutely no sense to you, I'm like, hey, it's your body, it's your breast, it's your cancer.
Speaker 4: Do whatever you like.
Speaker 1: And I think anyone who takes a massive objection to her sharing something deeply personal like this is falling into what I think is the stupidest trap of this idea that you are now responsible for what anyone who's heard you say whatever you said does with that, like you're not responsible for you, and they're not responsible for them, Now you're responsible for.
Speaker 4: Them as well. I think it's utterly ludicrous. She took an unconventional path. Good for her.
Speaker 2: I couldn't really give a toss what she what she did to herself, to be honest, that's that's her business. I certainly wouldn't be treating make cancer that way.
Speaker 5: Surely anyone's breasts are in the public interest.
Speaker 2: A fair POINTA remember Jim Stein's the The Afolall. He was an Irish guy originally was melanoma and he through the conventional aeries on the screen. He was present, i think at one point of Melbourne Football Club. But he went through all the conventional treatment, it wasn't responding, and so he then said, well, I'm going to throw the book at this thing, and tried every non conventional treatment under the sun. He drank his own uryan, he was doing all sorts of ns like he was doing anything he possibly could. Eventually, the cancer killed him anyway, But a documentary was made about what he did and what he went through, and I remember at the time there was similar outrage and concern that Jim Stein's being so publicly open about what he had done would encourage other people to not have proper treatment.
Speaker 5: I don't think this is think no, But I also I think that is just a completely different scenario to what's happening here. This is someone who did absolutely everything he could. Buy the book, you know, spoiler alert. Sometimes cancer wins. It kills you, right, and it's horrible and it's cruel. And we all got people who are suffering from cancer. I've got people in my family right now who are suffering from it. But there's a very different I think it is almost a polar opposite to go through everything the doctors tell you to do, tick every single box, pursue every everything that's backed by science and evidence, and then when that doesn't work, because again, sometimes it just doesn't work. Sometimes everything science can offer and medicine can offer it just doesn't work. Then just needing to hope for something, hoping for a miracle, praying for a miracle whatever it may be, and pursuing everything. Now we know in Jim Stein's case tragically nothing worked. We know in el McPherson's case, she probably just got lucky. I don't know what holistic thing, but she did this. But she did this after willfully ignoring the advice of every single doctor that you go through more than she's allowed to do. That that is absolutely fine, It's absolutely fine, but it should come with a waiver that if it then doesn't work, that you get absolutely no public health assistance whatsoever. That could go to someone who deserves them.
Speaker 2: And it's probably also worth noting that El McPherson has a lot more money than I do and probably most of you would home and in terms of her alternative care, she had very good alternative care. Let's take a moment to talk about our favorite person in Australia right now, Reagan. Of course I say that with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek. You will remember Rachel Gunn, who represented Australia in breakdancing at the Olympics, possibly the worst breakdancer you've ever seen in your life. And we know that she and others played the victim at the time when there was the global reaction to her performance, saying, how on earth did this woman get to the Olympics in the first place. I mean, you can see some of the outstanding dance moves she pulled off there on the screen right now. Well, she's given her first interview to the project since all of this went down, and well, she hasn't apologized for the fact that she took the place of someone who probably deserved it more representing Australia at the Olympics. She hasn't apologized for the fact that she turned Australia into a laughing stock. Of course, after winning eighteen gold medals, our best haul ever at the Olympics, the only thing anyone was talking about in terms of Australia was this ygun woman. She hasn't talked about the fact that she basically brought break dancing into disrepute and confirmed that it will never ever be staged at the Olympics ever. Again, she's just apologized for the way everyone else reacted, take a look.
Speaker 8: Do you genuinely think you are the best female breaker in Australia?
Speaker 4: Well, I think my record speaks to that. Is there any merit in those criticisms? It is really.
Speaker 8: Sad to hear those criticisms, and I am very sorry for the backlash that the community has experienced.
Speaker 4: But I can't control how people react.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love Joe. She was asked, do you really think you're the best breakdancer in Australia? And she couldn't actually answer that questions.
Speaker 5: Right, I think there's something. I think there's something really weird going on. I think there's something. I don't want to say there's something wrong with her, but there seems to be some kind of strange cognitive dissonance, and you sort of see it in this sort of conflict. You actually see it a lot with academics in the humanities and social theorists who just get so kind of bogged down and tangled up in these sort of endless this is endless examination of things that are in fact incredibly banal and boring and not worthy of it. It's one of the great veins of postmodernism and modern social theory.
Speaker 2: But I just I.
Speaker 5: Think there's something just I think she thinks. I don't think like Parnal put McGinnis famously sort of said, hang on, this is just part of a bit. This is a bit. This is she's trolling the world. She writes about sort of global cultural phenomena and that she is going to use this breakdancing thing and be so bad. She's going to create this cultural phenomena and then she can write about it, and she can write about it from a first person experience of what it was like to be in the middle of it and suddenly get this new sort of penetrating you know, like we're through the looking glass academic insight into you know, the central eye of the storm.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Again, just crazy. And but I don't think she's doing that because I don't think she's She doesn't seem to be self aware enough in any of the responses I've seen that she's that she's actually doing. She seems kind of confused. She honestly seems sort of unsure of what is happening here.
Speaker 4: And that's an act though you think she's being.
Speaker 5: Well, you sort of saw like if it was an axe, right, she would say, yes, I am the best breakdowns, so she would feel something about what she is and who she is and what her performance is. But and something you notice with journalism and just if you're journalist with life and well, when people dissociate themselves from an answer, it usually means they're not quite there. And I don't want to say dishonest. But so when you say something like if you if you ask, if you ask a normal person, for example, you know, did you kill your wife? An all person, of course not. I would never do that. I love my wife. I couldn't possibly do that. You would be emotionally and visually destroyed. If you ask someone who actually has done it, he said, did you kill your wife? They'd say no, I was at the seven eleven, like I told you, right. And so she's asked, do you think do you really think you're the best female breakdancer in Australia. She doesn't actually say, well, yes, I do. She's asked about something she thinks, something she feels, but can't say I think this or I feel that she has to say, well, I think my record speaks for itself.
Speaker 2: Well, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: That mean that you've gained the Australian breakdancing scene does that mean that the record? But why would you sort of.
Speaker 2: Well put them deep down? She probably knows she's not the best, but she's managed to ride through the ranks and get to where she did. And so I'm going to ride the wave while in there.
Speaker 5: To know what I really I actually think, right, I think she has sort of gotten in thinking that she really this is something she wanted to do, and this is something she wanted to try out or whatever, and she's got in with it and she has gotten all these records, maybe because people didn't want to discourage her, or maybe because not that many people were doing I don't know why. And now it's kind of all exploding in her head and she's going, but I've got all these records, why did they start? It's like the Emperor. It's like the Emperor has.
Speaker 1: No I think you're giving her way too much grace because we know that she's the one who put together the qualifier, she made her fiance the coach. She managed to beat break dancers here in Australia who were objectively far far better than her. It all seems like an absolute fraudulent setup to me. But anyway, moving on from what I don't know that anyone wants to hear her name ever again. Reports have it she may be featuring on the next round of I'm a Celebrity.
Speaker 4: Getting Out, So she is a thing bank out of this.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, you have not seen the last of rape.
Speaker 5: Double Bay, the satirical newspaper Double Bay today. Actually I said there's now a new internet feature where you can block mentions of Regat.
Speaker 4: I do not want to say any more on this woman.
Speaker 1: Just get it off my feed before we go to a break. Nigel Faraz has unleashed on the Marxist institutions that have clearly made the most of their long march through the educational institutions of the UK and elsewhere in the West. But he is focusing on the UK after a new poll came out showing that there has been a very big shift in national pride.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 9: One of the questions that it asks is are you proud or very proud of Britain's history and you know what, it's really extraordinary. In twenty thirteen, the answer to that was eighty six percent said yes they were proud or very proud of Britain's history. That figure has now collapsed down into the mid sixties, but most interest amongst the eighteen to twenty four year olds, that number is down below forty percent, something very bigger shift didn't Now. I will accept that there is a degree of generational change. You know, go back ten twenty years and people would say, well, you know what, you know, my dad was in the war, my mum worked in a factory making Lancaster's and maybe some of that link has gone, and I think we have to accept that. However, you know, I have been ratling about this. We have got an educational establishment that goes right the way through primary school, secondary school, university that seems to somehow rejoice in talking down Britain's past. The sort of a Marxist takeover of people who hate the plentary, hate what it stands for, and they've done their job.
Speaker 4: Sounds mighty familiar, doesn't it. Australia. I'm afraid it's no better a year.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see a similar poll and see what kind of number as we get were we to put it to the Australian public, Are you proud of our nation's history?
Speaker 2: We don't even know our history, you know, at the risk of reopening the hoary old chestnut I always go to whenever we have people protesting about colonization and they talk about Captain Cook. Captain Cook was not on the first fleet. He was dead nine years before the first fleet arrived. These people don't understand history, and that is the way the Marxists wanted. After the break, we'll get into the papers. We'll talk about the mayor in Queensland who has threatened to sack the entire council if they don't accede to his request for a highly paid advisor. Sounds like the cortege ah you want for man, doesn't it? All that? More? Up of the breaking? All right, let's get stuck into the papers, starting with the Daily Telegraph tomorrow, where you can see across the top Simon Baker. Of course, the mentalist, the poor bugger has been caught drink driving. Naughty, naughty mister Baker. But the splash tomorrow is crossed wires in bush. Angry landholders who face having kilometers of renewable energy transmission lines forcibly placed across their properties have been urged to march on New South Wales Parliament by National z MP Barnaby Joyce after a fiery meeting with state owned energy co bureaucrats in a tiny town near Tamworth. And good on mister Joyce for suggesting it. I think they could probably actually go a little further than just marching on Parliament House, Joe, I have used this example before, but I go back to the nineteen eighties when they had the truck blockade up on Razorback Mountain and famously sent John Laws in there in a helicopter to go and to talk them all down. But that's strength in numbers, because the trucking's figured, well, we transport all the stuff across the country. If we want to stage to strike, well they're going to have to Bloody will listen to us. These farmers produce food and god knows what else for this country. If they all decided to walk off the land tomorrow, we'd be in a shed load of trouble.
Speaker 5: We would be. Although I think the real story here, I think is that these you know, you've had obviously the government's under enormous amount pressure to roll out these transmissions really really quickly to meet all the targets and everything, but also that these I was at the last Bush summit where people really upset about this is that the location of the transmissions lives hasn't actually really paid attention to what the local community's needs and desires were, what the actual properties were like that often just go in a sort of straight line and then cut across all these properties, whereas the locals but we told you that all you had to do was just sort of go this way and it would have been much better and that would have sorted everything out. So I think it is just And of course now because they've moved so quickly and got so many people offside, they're now going to be up in arms and then it will move even slower, so it's you know, I think it's a salutary lesson in the old carpentry axiom, measured twice cut once. Anyway, that's enough profundity for the late debate. The ant News finest newspaper in the nation. There splash is six hundred and fifty five million for historic push Canberra cash back in the territory. They say more than half a billion dollars of Aboriginal money previously controlled by Canberra has been unlocked for Aboriginal territorians in hopes of building on the wealth and well being of local communities. Doesn't that sound like a good idea.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a good idea. I just hope they pull it off properly. So what's happening here is all this money that was previously tied up in funds that was controlled, admitisted by government, that's right, and it is now in the hands of a corporation up in the Northern Territory that has been set up essentially to invest that money in local Aboriginal populations. Part of that will be short term projects, part of that will be long term projects to provide employment, etc. It sounds like a great idea. The only thing I worry about is that without a certain level of federal government oversight, do you actually know how the money is going to be spent all that it will be spent properly?
Speaker 1: Well, there's federal government oversight it over the over forty billion dollars we spend on the Aboriginal community every single year.
Speaker 4: And fat load of good we see come of that. I mean, we're the gap the eyes. Why haven't we closed the gap? That's a lot of money. What are you doing with that?
Speaker 1: So, in comparison, the six hundred and fifty five million is pocket change compared to what the taxpayer puts out every single year. To the Townsville Bulletin, Now where mayor makes twenty demands of counselors Troy's trump card. Mayor Troy Thompson has reportedly sent his counselors a lengthy list of demands, telling them if they do not agree, he'll be asking the local government minister to dissolve the entire council to spark a full by election. The demands reportedly include counselors' support for a mayoral advisor expected to be on an estimated salary of one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, as well as their support in the mayor's claims against interim CEO Joe McCabe.
Speaker 4: Now, last week we were talking about this.
Speaker 1: Guy because he'd put it to council that he wanted this policy advisor to the tune of one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: They'd voted it down.
Speaker 1: This week we bring you the news of this absolute tantrum.
Speaker 4: He's not taking no for an answer.
Speaker 1: Support what I want or I'm literally going to get the Minister for Local Government to dissolve this council talk about mutually assured destruction.
Speaker 5: So he's had much of it's mutually assured distruction. It is assured.
Speaker 2: Distruction absolved that it includes the Cloak is clearly a megalomaniac right now. I don't know whether he realizes. And this is the problem so often with these people that get elected to council. When you are the mayor, you're not actually the leader of the council. You are the public face of these do all the ribbon cutting. It's like being the chairman of the board. Sure, you as chairman can go around and try to shore up the support of the councilors. But it's the board members or the councilors in this case, who actually ultimately have control. They cast the votes. It's only when there is a tied vote that the mayor comes in and actually gets to vote on anything. Their main priority is to go and cut the ribbons, as I said, and adjudicate over the council meetings. You're not actually running anything as mayor. He doesn't seem to understand that, though he's saying to the councilors, well, if you don't like what I'm doing, I'm going to have the whole loddy of sack. Well.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of councilors now, and I think Towns is one of them. The mayor gets elected separately by popular votes to the councilors, so it can sort of claim that kind of mandate. Having said that, I'm not sure if I mean, I'm not aware of any previous instance throughout all of human history where you know, do as I say, or I'm dubbing on you do everything I tell you I had. It's like me, you know, saying to an ex girlfriend, you know, like you know, love me or all though.
Speaker 2: I'm getting the feeling you might have tried that on at some point.
Speaker 5: I did, and you know what, it didn't work. Well they left anyway.
Speaker 4: It's just like, well died.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like now you're even more ridiculous sympathetic, and you did that as the vibe the council as that didn't work.
Speaker 2: You didn't die, Joe. So so we have proof that my heart died. My heart. We've all been through a bit of heartbreak. Head, we let's go to the career mail with tomorrow whi's his premier Ese bailout for New Casino Queen's Gambit. The state government is set to throw a lifeline to the embattled casino giants Star Entertainment, I mean fears its new three point six billion dollar Queen's Warf development might otherwise close. Now, the way they're going to do this, because the Star's battling to stay remain solvent, not to stay insolvent. They want to be solvent, is that they're going to offer them a stay on payroll taxes and gambling taxes, et cetera. And I can understand the state government wanting to do that in the interests of investment in the state and this Queen's Wolf development getting off the ground. But my question would be if it were any other business. If you were a small business person in Queensland and you were about to be up against the wall, do you reckon? You could go off to Stephen Miles and say, look, I'm in a spot of bother here, buddy, I reckon. You could slip me a couple of tax breaks.
Speaker 1: No, but Stephen Miles is quoted in this article as saying this is a fantastic asset for our city. I don't know that everyone would agree with that assertion regarding a casino, but priorities. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it when the left love.
Speaker 2: You're so happy?
Speaker 1: How much is it if it's can't even it's not self sustainable.
Speaker 5: Well that's because there are in all sorts of regulatory problems that are being tarn apart by the regulated. Same as Star here and Star in U soub Bar is in a much more precarious position, ironically, the state government in New South Wales, run by, of course, as you know, Liz the magnificent, handsome, finely chiseled Chris Min's of the right of the party saying no, Star, you're on your own. You've had your chances. Whereas the Left with Steven Miles so desperate to stop everything from crumbling around, and it's like, we love coss we love consttos, we love gambling. We'll do whatever you want anyway, quickly onto the odds now. And there's a great little nugget of a yard which says voluntary AI safeguards first step to protect firms. Voluntary AI safeguards will be immediately introduced as labor whittles down the options for regulating safety risks for three key possibilities, none of which are the election of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that will work one hundred percent. After the break. You build a car park fifty million dollars worth, but you can't get to it because there's no roads. Tell you about that. Now. When I got back on the dating scene last year, I found it so difficult because you know, I'm working here at night, I write for two different newspapers, I was doing radio. I was so busy. But one company, Liz, has come up with a solution.
Speaker 1: Absolutely in terms of boosting their employees welfare, They've decided to pay them to.
Speaker 4: Go on dates.
Speaker 1: Yes, believe it or not, there is Tinder leave at a marketing agency called Whiteline Group in Thailand. White Line explains it all began after one staff member complained about being too busy to date, and thus the Tinder leave was introduced. However, staff aren't just getting days and nights off to meet with potential suitors. Whiteline Group is also paying for six month long Tinder Gold and Tinder Platinum subscriptions for its stuff. Now, in today's dating pool, I don't know that that many people would argue that being in said pool.
Speaker 4: Really does boost their well being.
Speaker 1: But good on these guys for trying to.
Speaker 4: Do their best to get their employees out in.
Speaker 5: Mingling, Joe, I feel like an organization called the White Line Group which hands out free platinum Tinder subscriptions, is probably not the sort of organization that necessarily No, I don't know what I'm insinuating either, but that is, but does it like where like does it have to be locked in? Like obviously you know if you're you know, do you have to know that it's a sure thing? What happens if you go to the date and you know there's no chemistry, just not interested. Do you get your leave?
Speaker 1: You get this months they're happy for you to take go on dates or their dollar.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is if I go on a date, if I take leave to go on a date and don't score, I don't pick up, that's.
Speaker 2: Spake your time off for music. Put a whole new complexion on people saying to the boss, I'm shagged, I've got a knock off for the day. Now, very quickly before we go a council in the UK, Oxfordshire County Council built. I said before fifty million dollars, it was actually fifty one million quid, which is nearly one hundred million Australian dollars. They built a park and ride car park, but you can't get to it because they haven't built any roads to the damn thing. Because they can't have afford to build the roads. Who know, right, who would have thought you spend one hundred million dollars on a car but you can't have filled afford to build.
Speaker 5: Even once they build the roads, they can't afford to paint the white line.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Councils, they're fighters. Thank you very much for watching that sig for us up next to the Riga Patty Show. Good night