Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to your Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon, Swanye, how's your morning.
Speaker 2: I've spent all morning thinking it was Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh you've done You did that two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It just slipped my mind. Me and my daughter have done that twice in a row. It's weird. It's like we've got the same malfunctioning brain.
Speaker 3: You're both just wishing your life away.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on there, but I'm excited about today's show because we're going to try and track down you know, sometimes you meet people that are just naturally I'm going to use the word heartless, but it's a harsh adjective, you know, like no nonsense, take no prisoners, these are the rules. I don't care if you're my child sort of deal. I am not that way. I'm so far the other way that I'm fascinated when I meet people that have the same rules for strangers that they do for people that are supposed to be very close to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we are going to be asking are you heartless? And if you are, you can call us at any time and we will chat to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, we cannot wait to hear from you.
Speaker 4: We're also going to put someone else in the running for Chrissy's by D pickup. Yeah, if you would like to like us to drive to your house next Friday with a brand new electric vehicle registered by the novaplayer, all you've got to do is tell us in twenty five words why you should win this car.
Speaker 2: I mean I could just take off in it. You've got to remind me that I'm giving it to somebody. Giving it away.
Speaker 4: Would lose your job though, and don't want that to happen. Next though, Mystic Chrissy is entering the studio. If you'd like your mind read.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christy Swan Show on Nova or is it the Mystic Chrissy Show? Now?
Speaker 5: Elton John oware exclusive to Specsavers. It's just the writer Melton Meltons, Christy.
Speaker 2: Snell Channel.
Speaker 6: Hello, you are tall, very tall?
Speaker 3: Oh, Vicky did clear you of the evil eye yesterday? Now you're back?
Speaker 2: I must be back you. Your favorite color is green?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Actually back?
Speaker 2: You have or had a stripey cat?
Speaker 6: Possibly?
Speaker 4: Now I tell the truth, mate, yes or no?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, you gotta stay honest. You show what about a toy?
Speaker 2: Like a toy.
Speaker 9: I did have a soft toy, but it was.
Speaker 2: A cat and it had stripes. You loved that toy? Yes, and you left it somewhere I did Where in a cab? Sight in a car? Yeah? Like on a holiday?
Speaker 3: Yes? What else happened on set holiday?
Speaker 2: I'm giving myself goosebumps. Here my boobs are tingling, Chanell. Chanelle. Yes, you are on the verge of a full mid life crisis because you've started it started, And yes it has because you are starting to have little, flitting, floaty thoughts of my god, it is my life is so mundane.
Speaker 6: That's very true, and you just want.
Speaker 2: To tear it apart.
Speaker 3: You're just projecting now.
Speaker 2: No, No, I did that a few years ago. It's happening to. It's happening to. Chanelle called you Michelle. Then, who's Michelle?
Speaker 6: Michelle is a coworker.
Speaker 3: Do we like her?
Speaker 9: We do?
Speaker 2: She's like your work wife.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I hate that term so much.
Speaker 2: Something is glistening in the bottom of a drawer. You've lost a piece of jewelry. Actually, you lose a lot of things, don't you, Chanelle? Actually, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, This is a very full draw. But the one that you're looking for is in the bottom of a drawer in the far right horner, and there's like there's like leg shavers in it, raisors and oh, scrunchies, that sort of draw. You've got to draw like that. I do, go and check that. Check that all right? How tall are you?
Speaker 9: By the way, probably a six foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's tall?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, last hit misstic.
Speaker 2: You've got a kitchen that you hate.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: It's cream.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh my god, that is good. Mister Christy, we are finishing their Chanelle.
Speaker 4: I know you say you lose things, but don't lose this VIP Specsavers voucher we're about to send you because you need to go and get yourself from Elton John Specks.
Speaker 2: You sure do. You put them on and then you suddenly go, oh, the recommend.
Speaker 3: You've also got two hundred and fifty dollars cash.
Speaker 4: Have a great Wednesday, Chanelle The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about tipping. Tipping at a restaurant. You know what, It's been so long since I've gone out that I can't remember whether I tip or not.
Speaker 4: I think I do, Okay, I think you would as well. You're an extremely generous person, you would.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just round things up, yes, but I like to have that option be my decision. There's a restaurant in Sydney that's a in a spot of bother, a bit of trouble because they have built in to their bill in fine print, quite literally, in fine print, a seven percent service charge or gratuity, which is essentially a tip. It is on every single bill. It is incorporated in there. You can see that it's much smaller than the other numbers.
Speaker 4: Much smaller because it says subtotal then suddenly jumps to total with that extra seven percent.
Speaker 2: So subtotal is two twenty one, the total is two thirty and then above that in fine fine print is service charge seven percent fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: That in itself annoys me. That's not a service charge. That's straight up gratuity. A service charge, I would think is on a public holiday when they charge a little bit extra for.
Speaker 2: Which they're paying extra salaries, which.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with.
Speaker 4: On a public holiday, I get it's an extra buck fee on your coffee because how it's expensive. Yeah, yeah, the hospital owners. But this is shifting. It's that's not a service charge, that's a straight up tip.
Speaker 2: Well it's actually legal. It is legal. Yeah, yeah, it's legal, but it needs to be very easy for the customer to opt out of. And I don't believe that that is easy for the customer to opt out of because it's automatically on there. And you know what it's like when you the whole psychology of even you know, doing direct debit for streamers and stuff. The thing is, once they've got you, you never get out of them. Nope, you know what I mean. You never put your hand up and go, oh, actually, you know, I don't want this anymore. Just too hid And that's what this restaurant is is counting on. People are cranky about it. The restaurant says, look, you know, it's very clear at the time of booking, at the at the desk, when you you know, check in, when we take you to your table. It's written clearly on the on the bill. I don't think it is, and you know, customers don't have to do it, but it's it's we've put it in there to reward our staff, which is noble. However, tipping as a thing comes from America, and the reason it is how it is over there, is that the entire structure of hospitality is different.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it is different.
Speaker 2: They've paid a certain amount per hour, and the people who go to that restaurant and have been raised in that culture understand that they make up the rest right, yes, of these people's salary. You must pay that extra. In this country, there's an hourly rate, there's a ward rate, of award wages, whatever. It's all built in. And I still tip, but in Australia it's got to be on merit.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: And there's a we live in a world now when you go to pay for your dinner bill if you are out for dinner for lunch, where the waiter or waitress hands you the f POS machine and watches for which tab you're going to click? Is it five percent? Is it fifteen percent? Is it thirty percent? And it wigs you out because you're like, well, actually, you weren't that great, And I don't really want to tip you, and I don't necessarily have the phones to, but I'm embarrassed not to because you're standing there, so I'm going to. Yeah, it's such a tricky scenario.
Speaker 2: Think that, like tipping is a tipping as a thing on the ft poss machine. I think that should.
Speaker 4: I agree, because I just think that goes straight to the business owner if IW on it.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 4: Jess, who's been an absolute legend. We've had a laugh with her for a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to slip your twenty bucks.
Speaker 4: That should be too directly to her. And let's make tipping old school man. Let's keep it to cash.
Speaker 2: I agree, I absolutely agree. I have a little bit of cash in my bum bag and specifically for Facebook market person.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show give away a car.
Speaker 5: Go beyond expectations with the vyd Sea Lime six plug in hybrid Stvrissy chrissys byd pick up.
Speaker 2: I am a Sea Lion six. They are a sexy a sexy beast Nicole. Have you've seen the mountain about on the road and of your thought I'm going to win that?
Speaker 6: I have and I have I want to win it.
Speaker 2: They're so gorgeous, aren't they they are? Now? Why would you like a new look?
Speaker 6: I love going on road trips with my girlfriends, but my car is pretty tiny and not you know, nice like there ones, So it'd be nice to get a nice new car that's a bit bigger to be able to volunteer and take them on the road trip.
Speaker 2: Oh, wouldn't that be great? It's like girls aren't driving this time. Yep. How many are in your girl group?
Speaker 6: Oho? There's three or four depending on the day.
Speaker 2: It's like Filma and Louise and Thelma and Louise. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And this b y d C Line six, the plug in hybrid has a thousand kilometers of range.
Speaker 6: So cool, we can go so far then new road trip?
Speaker 3: Exactly you can.
Speaker 2: Nicole, you are officially in the draw for this. You are? Eh? I thank you, Crispy Wow, so exciting.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Nicole.
Speaker 4: Make sure you were listening next Friday, because I'm not sure if you've heard, but we're actually going to be driving this car to the winner's house.
Speaker 2: Make sure you blow around the drive. I don't want to be embarrassed the.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Let's go quicking.
Speaker 3: Chrissy's clique bait.
Speaker 2: While since I've heard Arnold Schwarzenegger's he's sat down with I always forget the name of this show. It's like it slips my mind. What happens?
Speaker 3: No, watch what happens.
Speaker 2: Like what happens like, because I want to be like, what happens next? What in the world is going on with Andy Colch? You just get no idea.
Speaker 4: It's a great show, but I feel like it's designed for Bravo fans because it's generally just.
Speaker 3: How's Wives and vander Punk Rules stars.
Speaker 2: Et Cetera agreed, but you know, Arnold Schwarzenegger is the gift that keeps on giving his sat down and really answered some of the questions that we've always wanted to know, like what was the favorite movie that he's ever released?
Speaker 8: You know, I don't have a favorite. Sometimes you have a favorite movie. Letsilla to Aminta two and it was a miserable the film. I did not have a good time doing that in full are enjoyed from day one through the last day of filming. I enjoyed there. It was just so funny of it. The cast and the pig on the set.
Speaker 2: Was so funny. With that cast, he seems like a really nice man. He does, because it's very easy to forget that scandal. Yes, that he had a full relationship and a second family with the with the highed help. Yeah, look extraordinary.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 2: It does happen, you know, it does happen.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of Fuba though, No.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, is he there to plug it? Like there's two seasons. It started in twenty twenty three. Maybe there's a second season or something coming.
Speaker 3: He's on message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like that to me because nobody's heard of Fuba. No, ha's got the pig on the set.
Speaker 3: Everyone's so much fun, I know.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean, how much fun is a pig on the set? Also? He talked about how much money he got from the film that made in the most money.
Speaker 3: What film earned the biggest paycheck?
Speaker 8: Number one? It was Twins, Yes, yead Twins. Because we had got no money and no salary. You got to play with ownership exactly visits the back end, and it was fantastic. We went all the way through the bank with that one.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you make more than twenty million on that one?
Speaker 8: We have much more coming though, more than forty million. It was more than that years. It was more than any movie I've ever made.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of millions. Apparently, Wow, have you seen it? Twins?
Speaker 8: Never?
Speaker 2: Do you know the premise?
Speaker 3: No? Because it's Jenny DeVito as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger are twins separated at birth. It's the funniest film. I remember when it came out. I just couldn't believe my eyes.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: Is it one of those films though that like, I will go back and watch him think it's lame.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't stand the testimony.
Speaker 2: Yees, yeah, some of them don't age.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it would. I think it would stand up. I do because Danny DeVito is always funny and Arnold's a great actor. You can't take that away from him.
Speaker 3: And his son is now as well. I really enjoyed his sogning the White Lotus.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did see in that little thing. What one of the viewer questions was, what was it really like to see that awkward scene that really is in White Loadus? And I want to know his answer. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Let's let's you want to find out at three fifty and clickbait. Yes, let's do that. Let's listen in it out because I'm interested as well.
Speaker 2: Also, Arnold Schwarzenegger said gorgeous things about Miley Cyrus. He dated, she dated his son for a while and he was just absolutely glowing, glowing. I like that.
Speaker 3: That's him quite respectable.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bezos and Laurence Santrell are going ahead with their wedding in Venice, despite Venetians being very very upset about it. Hung a little banner over the poncho or something saying no space for Bezos, get it, yeah, but to conquer that, I think he has sent a little note everybody that is joining him in his nuptills. He says, we're excited for you to join us. We've got one earlier request. Please no gifts.
Speaker 4: I mean, mate, in what world are people bringing you to a gift?
Speaker 2: I mean, there is no Stanley Rogers Cutler reset for you, Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 4: Although I would love to rock up with a card with an Amazon voucherina haha.
Speaker 3: Or yes, space ship, just send them both back to space.
Speaker 2: Just slow cooking, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they're saying, you know, please no gifts, just donate to the Venice office of your NESCo. Talking about, you know, maintaining the beautiful waterways, La la la. The I mean that has clearly been leaked to the media they have done. The people of Venice off there, that's a pr exercise. And what would you like to say about the design?
Speaker 4: So offended and upset with the graphic and like we've just established this is a they know this has been leated, they've put this out there, but the graphic they have released it on is disgusting. It's a white square with like writing shore. But these ugly butterfly pictures some ugly Venetian boats.
Speaker 2: I've got to say.
Speaker 4: It's so we live in a world where canvar is so readily available, your billionaires pay a graphic designer.
Speaker 2: The font choice is unforgivable.
Speaker 3: What do you think what font is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's cursive, something like for the Love of God's Century, Gothic or health the minimum.
Speaker 4: Good afternoon, Welcome to the Christy Swan Treswani has a dim sim in the mouth.
Speaker 3: Let's just be real about it.
Speaker 2: Take that back. It is a tune of Sandwich. Okay, so we've just spotted an amazing shoot. Is it Roberto Cavali and Skims and Skims? So it is Kim Kardashian and her mom Chris Jenna in the most fabulous retro kitchen. The shoot is incredible, and I've just realized the photograph that Chris Jenna took into that New Surgeon, Yeah, was Natalie Wood. A picture of Natalie Wood, who was an actress from the sixties, seventies and eighties. She was married to Robert Wagner. And that now that Chris's face has settled in too young, No, I'm to eighties, eightiesnt Wood. Yep, that's who she's. That is absolutely who she said. Make me look like her?
Speaker 3: You think, wow? Yeah, how she does look a lot like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I still think it was just Lindsay though, No Natalie, would there you go? Yeah, coming up before four o'clock, we're going to ask you whether you're heartless?
Speaker 3: Are you are highless person?
Speaker 2: Are you a tough cookie? Are you known as taking no prisoners? I think I need some lessons from you.
Speaker 4: We'll be doing that before four. But next Chrissy's Crazy thirteen twenty four to ten. If you would like a limited edition bum bag, I'm sure I will find something else to put in there. It's quite cold and wintery in a lot of places today. Perhaps a pass to go and see Brad Pitt in the movie.
Speaker 2: That'll hit you up.
Speaker 3: Sure, well the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Hearing a lot about Katie Perry splitting from Orlando Bloom, but not too much more about Chris Martin.
Speaker 3: And Dakota da Johnson. I like those two as a couple, Chris and Dakota too.
Speaker 2: I like to think of them still together. And that's how I'm going to deal with.
Speaker 3: It, because we're the Lulu ha.
Speaker 2: Chrissies Quizzy. Hello, Thomas Hello, how are Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: If you got a dog? Have you got a dog? Tom?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 2: I think that that is what you're going to use this bum bag for your little pooh bags. It's a bum bag and a Pooh bag and doggie treat. Yes, good luck with it. Thomas. Hello, Nat Hello, I was just talking. I was talking about a very famous Natalie at the at the top of three o'clock, Natalie Would, I reckon Chris. Jenna has asked for her face to be stitched onto her own. Do you know? Do you know Natalie Would the old Hollywood star who died very tragically and mysteriously. Actually, there's a Google in that for you. Jack.
Speaker 9: Actually don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, you got to google it. You got to google it if you knows.
Speaker 3: Natalie Nataline Tom. I'm going to say they both sound really defeated on this Wednesday. Has it been a rough Has it been a rough week?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been rough.
Speaker 2: It's been rough. It's about to get rougher because I can't find my questions.
Speaker 3: Why's your week being rough?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: Just kids, I've just got a kid a sleep in the car now, but will be very got exactly I got?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are so naughty? All right? Your names are? Your buzzer is the best of five, meaning the first person to get three on scret? How old is the sleeping child? How old is this? Yeah? No, you question.
Speaker 11: I'm very defeated this week.
Speaker 3: I can tell how old is your kidnaped?
Speaker 2: I didn't have to answered anyway, you know how it works. Question number one? Whereabouts Jeff? Sorry, there's a typo on my questions. Whereabouts are Jess Besils? Whereabouts are Jeff Bezos and Laurence Sanchez gearing up to get married? What city? Italian city? Yes, nap it is venus. Question number two? Which element is said to keep bones strong?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 2: Yes? Tom?
Speaker 5: Calcium?
Speaker 2: It is calcium. Question number three four years ago today, It's Sheeran released this song. What's it called bad? Heabits? Little Tom? It is bad habits. It's your worst habits.
Speaker 10: Yeah, worst. Oh, I'm not sure that's a good quite.
Speaker 2: I reckon your your nose picker up to the second knuckle. You know those ones.
Speaker 3: Don't know, don't? I hate?
Speaker 4: That's something else. I hate the chat. No, no, nose picking.
Speaker 3: I can't do. I can't do it. It is just it's so awful.
Speaker 4: And if I see someone doing it, I really have to think about whether I ever speak to them again, because it's crook.
Speaker 3: Get a tissue, your absolute beast.
Speaker 2: That way you pull up with the red light, don't and someone's having quiet moment with their inext finger.
Speaker 3: No, it's really grotty the way there, and.
Speaker 2: Then you look, guys with the New York I pretend I haven't.
Speaker 3: No, I hate it so much, do you know? I remember in school?
Speaker 4: I remember for kiding the classes picking their nose cup at the teacher and be like, are you going to.
Speaker 2: Quick is expelled?
Speaker 3: Seriously disgusting behavior.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 3: You don't pick your nose do your brother?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: No, not a nosepicker.
Speaker 2: Question number four Which music Icon has this week confirmed the Mini Residency in Las Vegas, and by Mini Residency, it's.
Speaker 4: Six dollon alrighty one point to two points to Tom.
Speaker 3: Question number five, in.
Speaker 2: Which country is the taj Mahal situated?
Speaker 3: Tom just got in there?
Speaker 2: It is in India. That's cracked it that said that did get in there first? I think I don't know who cares. Yes, we'll get you a very nice prize, Natalie.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, you have won the limited edition bum bag and a double pass to f One the movie only in cinemas during.
Speaker 2: Twenty and the box of tissues in case you pull up at a red light and Jack's next to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's disgusting.
Speaker 4: But Noah, would you like to go and see Brad Pitt's new film or would you like to see Don't Miss Smurfs?
Speaker 6: Ah the Smith?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Do you have won a family pass that's like four tickets to Don't Miss Smurf in cinemas this July school holidays coming for us?
Speaker 3: That sounds land.
Speaker 2: Where we belong. With the Smurf songs first single I ever.
Speaker 3: Got, Wow, that was quite so your dogging.
Speaker 2: Just like gous No we Smurf. It's much less fuss.
Speaker 3: Right, got three seconds? Keep going?
Speaker 2: Do you dole things that weird?
Speaker 3: Don't?
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Shows, The Crissy.
Speaker 2: Swan Show Full Disclosure, We've lost our minds, We've.
Speaker 4: Lost our minds and Swanny. Before we get to this segment, I've got to tell you I thought of you this morning when I was doing my TV stuff because we were in the break and commercial was playing, and they're so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they're so long, and they're so long.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this woman came on with this British accent and said something and I started to feeling myself cry and you were alive on it all about to be and I just started thinking of you and Tom because of my life so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Just listen to what this infomercial sounded like.
Speaker 2: I want you to sit on it with these two raw eggs.
Speaker 3: I'm going to sit on the eggs.
Speaker 2: Yes you are, sit on them, sit on them, sit on them. I want you just sit on it with these two raw eggs.
Speaker 8: I'm going to sit on the eggs.
Speaker 2: Yes you are, sit on them, sit on them. Please tell me what was going on now? I'm so intrigued. What was she selling? What was who was talking.
Speaker 3: It was something that you'd put on your chair like.
Speaker 4: It looked like just a door mat to absorbly quids.
Speaker 3: So she made him sit on it.
Speaker 2: Absorbly quids were so chair.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just had to really think of some dark thoughts to pull my self back.
Speaker 2: Really dead kittens, that's my thing.
Speaker 3: Well you went to the top.
Speaker 2: There's deaf con four ten? Are you heartless? Are you heartless? Would you listen to that story and just not even crack a smile, not even do someone a favor.
Speaker 4: Because people might sometimes think you and I sound heartless.
Speaker 3: But we aren't. We aren't it all?
Speaker 2: We answered all. There is a story that is circulating that we've been talking about. She it's a girl. Woman is saying, am I heartless? Or am I normal? Imagine this scenario. You've got your apartment, you live in it, you're cooking and paying everything done. There is a spare bedroom. Your little sister quits her job in the middle of a shift. Now your little sister doesn't have any savings, she's got nowhere to go. Of course, you say, come and stay with me while you sort yourself out. No worries. She did that. So there's two sisters living at home. Ones got to act together and paying the rent. And the little sister has quit her job in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of a shift.
Speaker 3: Not great.
Speaker 2: After two weeks, nothing is being done. The big sister is like, ah, you're just sleeping all the time. I'm still I'm paying for everything. You haven't even started looking for a job. I'm going to start charging you rent, very very modest. But I can't keep paying for all the food and all the bills and everything while you're just sleeping all day and you're playing video games and not contributing.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: The little sister lost her mind and said, you're so heartless, and the big sister the big sisters like am I am? I actually what I would not do that what the big sister did, because I am a dormer, sits on it and I have I just would never do that. I would just take it and take it and take it and take it and take it.
Speaker 4: I think with my sister Georgia, there would be like a month there and if I had not seen her actively, oh no, but then I probably know I would just let her stay.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, well, you.
Speaker 2: Would just call Wendy and Dave and say listen, she's leeching off me. Someone's going to have to pay and it's you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, that's what I would do. Ad outsource. Yeah, I to mom and dad.
Speaker 2: But having said that, I would never do what this big sister is doing. But she is one hundred percent right.
Speaker 3: So you disagree with people that are calling her heartless.
Speaker 2: Yes, she is doing the right thing. This is the right thing. She's worked very hard historically to get to where she is. It's not the thing is that sister is not her child. She is not obligated to look after her. That little sister needs to go back to mom and dad because that's that's where the obligation is.
Speaker 4: But if mum and dad wasn't an option, I would hope that my sister would let me stay.
Speaker 2: Yes, but what this person is doing is right is saying yes you can stay here, but you have to contribute something. Yeah, okay, But I would never do it because I am pathetic. I want to hear. I want to hear from people that are not pathetic like me. Have you been accused of being heartless? Have you been accused of being hard nosed to business like?
Speaker 4: If you're family like to remain anonymous, you absolutely can. But just for sharing your heartless story with us, we're going to give you one hundred bucks to spend at shell Ready Expresses one.
Speaker 2: So we're all taking a masterclass in being a little bit of a hard nose been heartless because I am very, very soft. But I don't feel hard done by. I just feel like, if I can help someone, why wouldn't I. That's my default. Yes, I need to wind back from like that's where I start. Yes, I can, yes, yes, yes, yes, come come come yes, yes, And so I need to wind that back.
Speaker 3: That's why you're trying to say I can't at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm really trying to. It's very hard for me. I don't think I'm going to be able to do it. By the way, Yeah, I've come to that conclusion I can't. I can't do that. But we're trying to learn how to be a little bit more heartless.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten, in the words of Kanye West, do you heartless n Melanie?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So this story that I just told about a bigger sister taking in a little sister who quit in the middle of a shift. Little sister's taken advantage. I think hasn't even got out of bed for two weeks, and the big sisters starting to say, well, guess what I'm going to charge you some rent? My god, all hell broke loose. Sound familiar very much so.
Speaker 11: I'm the oldest of fourth of four kids. I've had every one of my siblings live with me at some point or another, and it got to the stage where I've had to kick him out on their arms with me.
Speaker 2: Was it all for the same reasons?
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, pretty much. They're all hard done by.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 11: I left home when I was thirteen, and you know, was able to look after myself and do everything myself. And when my siblings got a bit older they needed somewhere, I took them in. And yeah, it got too much by the time I had kids in that and I was still looking after my siblings. I just said I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: How long did they stay for? On average?
Speaker 11: Probably about three years?
Speaker 3: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 2: And did they ever help with your kids or anything?
Speaker 11: Yes? And no, you unreliable very much sooth?
Speaker 2: And do you still have.
Speaker 11: I own a house up in the country and my youngest sister lives in it, and my husband won't let me put the rent up even though it's costing us with the land rates and the water rates.
Speaker 3: It sounds like affair.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so Mel, if you had your time again and the first sibling came to you and said, hey, Mel, boohoo, I need to stay with you, what would you say.
Speaker 11: I would set some very strong rules down straight off the bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's a good lesson.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is that's a good.
Speaker 4: Now you've got one hundred dollars to spend at Shelready Express. I wouldn't mess with Mel Maria. Are you heartless?
Speaker 11: So I don't think I'm heartless.
Speaker 7: My daughter wants me to buy everything organic, and I mean, I'm all about saving the planet and finding use doo good things like that. But when you're doing groceries and it's costing you, you know, three four hundred dollars for you know, you now for three nights worth of groceries, it's like I am not buying organic Eva, I'm not buying organic whatever. Like you know, just kind of bort it.
Speaker 2: Happy to be so.
Speaker 11: Heartless?
Speaker 7: Do you say you buy it?
Speaker 3: If you.
Speaker 2: And what did she what does she say when you say that?
Speaker 7: Oh she says, she goes, Oh my god, you're so tight, and I said, well, you go and buy it and.
Speaker 11: Let's see how you can send like youre enough.
Speaker 7: She hasn't got it.
Speaker 2: That tell you what My daughter's got me wrapped around. Oh my god, she's twelve. Imagine what she's going to be asking for when she's twenty two. And I'll be saying, yes.
Speaker 4: One hundred bucks suspended. She already express for you, Maria. Let's go to Georgia.
Speaker 2: Georgia from Kalinga. My grand lived in Kalinga.
Speaker 9: Oh god, Oh it's a lovely area.
Speaker 2: Are you How close are you to Kent Road?
Speaker 9: Not too close, it's put at the other end.
Speaker 2: Ah really Park Avenue, Yes, I know.
Speaker 3: Well Georgia. Are you heartless?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: I'm not heartless. But my older sister is. When I was about twenty one twenty two, I moved to London and she was already living there with her boyfriend. They bought a house together and they had a their bedroom and so I arrived there and after a week staying with them, they hit me up for rent and they were like, you need to start paying rent. And I didn't have a job yet.
Speaker 2: No, well you just got home from the airport.
Speaker 9: Literally, and so yeah, and I was like, I can't afford to pay one hundred pounds a week rent and they said, well, then you've got to move out. And I said, are you going to rent the room to anyone else? And they were like no, and they never did, so they kicked me out. The room stayed vagent and I ended up having to like couch there for like six weeks with friends that I'd made whilst I'd been traveling, and till I could, you know, get a job that earned enough money to pay my own rent.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how long ago was this? I'm really intrigued by this. How long ago?
Speaker 9: Well, nearly twenty years ago?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: Turned for all?
Speaker 2: Right? So now, god, you were what nineteen or twenty when you arrived in London.
Speaker 9: And probably like twenty one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was it the boyfriend and influencing her? Or is that just yeah?
Speaker 9: Look I like to think it was. Then you're married and have three children. But honestly, like, I still feel sick about it, and like I've tried to sort of it's been years, trying to put it behind me, but I just can't get over it because it was so heartless. I was like, oh my god, you have you said to her.
Speaker 2: How could you have you sung this song to her?
Speaker 9: No? No, I think it's just when I know, like when you're an adult, whether you just like pretend these things never happen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you must not. You must not pretend. You've got to You've got to bring it up with her, you must.
Speaker 9: I think we need to go see a psychologist.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she will want to talk about it, and you know what, you'll probably find that she'll go, that's not how it happened at all, and her recollection will be so different, and it'll be so good to talk about. If you want a way to do it, why don't you do what that guy did in Love? Actually, just write it on signs and stand in their street and make them read it.
Speaker 3: George hilarious.
Speaker 4: I feel sad for you, So I'm going to send you a five hundred dollars voucher from Winning Appliances Shop end of financial offer offers to create your dream home and send your sister photos of that of your dream home.
Speaker 3: Winning Appliances The.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show. Let's go take him there, Chrissy's clique.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about ANLD Schwarzenegger again he's obviously doing the rounds for something not nonered percent.
Speaker 4: Sure, keep going, keep going, deep go what I'm just reading that we can talk about Hugh Jackman and Dead next. We were just talking about it.
Speaker 3: Just got to kick Now we might.
Speaker 2: Not be who knows that I'm going to surprise you with who I mentioned next? Anyway, I wrote down the name of that show so that I don't get it wrong. Don't don't tell me Dwight Lotus. No, he went on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you got it.
Speaker 2: Yes, So he went on that, And we've already spoken about it in the prival hour. But I wanted to know what Arnold thought of his son being in such a confronting scene in White Lotus. What was your honest reaction to your son Patrick's brotherly loved scene in the White Lotus?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 8: Again, I mean he looked at my career and he said, well help daddy, so amaze what me doing it too?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you have a did you have a brotherly love scene in your career?
Speaker 8: The brotherly but I mean the way I exposed myself? Yes a few times.
Speaker 10: Yes, if you helped daddy I just don't. I don't think that's what he thought.
Speaker 2: I just loved this. He thought that he was being asked about how did you feel about seeing your son's giral on television? That wasn't what he very are But that's what if it helps.
Speaker 3: Ernie.
Speaker 4: And also I love when Andy Commeny is interviewing guests and they give nonsensical answers. Yeah, he's a little bit like, he gets a bit like he's like, yes, okay, what are you actually talking about?
Speaker 3: Arnie?
Speaker 2: You know that reminds me. The way he says reminds me of my favorite artifles nigger film is Kindergarten Cop Okay, And he plays like a you know, a kindy teacher and it's hysterical and one of the lines made my best friends still say it all the time to each other. He goes, who's my d and what does it do? Who is my mother? And anyway, I told you, what's surprise you with the next story, and it is, of course, Hugh Jackman in Everlick Forness. What's the update officially finalized their divorce. It's very sad.
Speaker 3: It's really sad, and I wish them all the best for their future. Relationships. We're getting out of here.
Speaker 2: And we are going to go because she has asked specifically. Damn has.
Speaker 3: Regulates even the needs.
Speaker 2: Have a great night. The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Dore You