Speaker 1: Live on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Good Evening tonight, our exclusive story exposing more doctors and healthcare workers who say they don't want to treat Jewish patients while others praise hummus. The Bangstown nurses video is just the beginning this prejudice in the healthcare system right across Sydney and Melbourne. I'll bring you that expose in a moment. Plus economists accuse Labor of pressuring the IBA ahead of its rates decision tomorrow. Judah Sloan says the Albanezy government has sailed very close to interfering in the independence of the Reserve Bank. This as Labor has manipulated a video of Peter Dutton to make it look like he wants to kill off Medicare, when in fact the full clip shows him saying the precise opposite, and rogue Senator Fatima Payman has come out swinging in defense of well you guessed it, the two sacked Sydney nurses. I'll talk about those offensive comments with Kelly Sloane later and stick around because that big expose is coming up in just a minute. But first tonight, the polls are reflecting how we're all feeling about Albansi that voters are sick of this weak prime minister after just one term. It's not that he's quintessentially a bad person. He's just an ineffective, insipid prime minister who hasn't shown leadership at a time our country desperately needs it. This is very personal to alban Ezi. News poll today shows that the majority of voters don't believe his government deserves to be re elected. His approval rating is at a record low of thirty seven percent and his net negative approval rating is at the lowest since he became leader, minus twenty one percent. Labour's primary vote at an equal record low of thirty one percent, while the coalition's primary at thirty eight. On a two party preferred basis, it's sitting at fifty one to forty nine the coalition's way now. The OS reports that this is still half the size of the swing the coalition needs to win majority government and this means, according to the polls, which aren't always right, that at the moment, a hung parliament is the most likely outcome. But don't forget the US election again. The polls are predicting very close outcome between Trump and Kamala Harris, and it ended up being a landslide for Trump. In this case, the overall sentiment is clear. Fifty three percent of voters said it was time for a change of government, and this includes in Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales. And despite Labor trying to run their tired campaign claiming that women don't like Peter Dutton will, the figures show that there was little difference among gender lines on the question of whether there should be a change of government. And this is precisely why Albanezi is desperate for a rate cut tomorrow. It's why labor MPs have been openly pressuring the RBA, despite the fact it's meant to be independent, and despite the fact many economists are worried that the RBA will cave into populous pressure in a way that sets back the fight against inflation. Labor and ps, though showed none of that concern today, publicly mounting the case for a cut ahead of tomorrow's meeting.
Speaker 3: They've taughtened their budgets, They've made sacrifices and because of that we've got inflation down and that they deserve rate relief.
Speaker 2: I want to cut gear and I want to cut. My job is to stand up for my community, and we need a cut, preach cheap, cheap, well we all would. Well you know, any of us have got a mortgage'.
Speaker 4: Like one, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Many economists argue that while headline inflation is now within the RBA's two to three percent target, this is, as you know, because it's been artificially lowered by Labour's energy subsidies. And the economists say this is only temporary, and headline inflation is expected to rise back above target once the subsidies stop. Underlying inflation still remains above three percent. Former Treasury Assistant Secretary David Pearl wrote a sharp and quite brilliant piece in The Australian Today where he argues that if the RBA cuts rates prematurely when they need to be later corrected, then our inflation problem will be worse and the credibility of the RBA in tatters. He writes, this ugly and sustained public pressure put Bullock in an extraordinarily difficult position. To use one of her favorite phrases, She's had to tread a narrow path, balancing loyalty to her staff and policy principles on the one hand, and the need to avoid a public split with the Treasurer on the other. He says, at the RBA board meeting, Bullock is likely to face her moment of truth. Will she do the right thing for the Australian people or adopt the line of least political resistance? And Warren Hogan, who will be here on the show tomorrow night, after we know the outcome of the rates decision, well, he says, the RBA definitely shouldn't cut rates. He says our economy isn't ready for it, and the case for it is.
Speaker 1: I think the problem for the market is the market's perceiving a many economists that there is a political inference here that the pressure's on. And when I said, I'm not saying that the government seeing they're telling the RBO what to do, but we know there's a lot of people in there telling them what to do, who.
Speaker 5: Are ends of the garbment.
Speaker 2: So this rate's decision will be a test for the RBA and its independence. It will be a test for Michelle Bullock and her ability to withstand pressure from Jim Chalmer's close friend, the Treasury Secretary, Stephen Kennedy. He has a seat on the board and you imagine he'd be mounting the case for a rate cut very strongly. Of course a cut will be celebrated by families doing it tough, who haven't had mortgage relief since November twenty twenty. But if the RBA doesn't withstand the political meddling and succumbs to the pressure, then the board has to be very careful that it doesn't contribute to the inflation crisis. We've all been battling, all right, reaction. Now let's bring in our political panel, former Chief of Staff to Bill Shott and Cameron Milner and former pres Secretary for Scott Morrison Andrew Caswell. Welcome to you both. Cameron, look the figures in newspol today it says they point to a hung parliament. But do you think that's where we're headed or do you think the polls will be wrong like they were with Trump and Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Well, I think these numbers are devastating for labor because this is the first term government that over half of Australia doesn't think deserves to be re elected. That's unheard off, Sharlie, unheard off. But as you've been discussing with your viewers, and we've been discussing on a weekly basis. This government has been our slide for a long time. It's fundamentally weakened its position through self indulgence and slackness and laziness and ultimately fundamental weakness. Fundamental weakness, and voters don't vote for week But come. That's the point before about the RBA. I mean, it's a huge political decision for Michelle Bullock to make tomorrow. Is this going to be the mates rates cut? Because that's the only thing that could possibly come out of tomorrow If she bends the political will, she's gifting gifting Albow a cheap win.
Speaker 2: And it's also not just about the political win, Andrew. It means that our inflation fight has the economists say, could be set back, that they might have to go back into a position where they have to raise rates further down the track.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Look, Cherry, there's so much that hinges on tomorrow's decision. And I think two weeks ago you would have been a clear cut certainty for a yes to the cut, but there's so much uncertainty that's now build into the global economy, particularly with Trump's tariffs. They may want to keep their powder dry, and that is a massive risk for Anthony Albernezi, who has set his agenda based on the fact that he is bringing down interest rates, that he is bringing down inflation, and that is a massive risk for them. So I think this election contest is now up for grabs and if the Cut coalition are that they are close enough, if they are good enough, and it may come down to that fact whether they are good enough, whether they are good enough in a political context, whether they are good enough in the fight that will happen in the next couple of months as we wind down to this election. Are they good enough?
Speaker 2: We're about to see And I think, you know, Peter Dutton has done an incredible job mounting the case that his that if he wins government, it'd be better from a national security perspective. But Cameron, we probably need to hear more from him about cost of living because you don't see Angus Taylor around very much.
Speaker 5: Well, No, Angus is the weak link, isn't he. I mean, he's the guy who you don't really want in front of the microphone. Unfortunately, So Peter's got some got some players and his team who aren't pulling their weight, and Angus is certainly one of them. But coming back to the point before, I mean Albany's only beat Scott Morrison. I mean you know, I mean it was a pretty pretty basic win and he only beat himy a couple of seats. So Dunton's got to have confidence that in a real prize fight, Albo has played kind of you know, the country country boxing match against the big heavyweight overweight guy like it just beat him. You know, reality is that Albo only jeats, just beat Scott Morrison. I think he's in for a fight of his life against Peter Dubton.
Speaker 2: I don't think Albert only just pete Scott Morrison. I mean it was a pretty bad loss for the coalition. I mean, Andrew, you'd concede that they're down to fifty eight seats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for that hospital past there, Jarry looked. I think this is a government that's that had been in government for for nine years, so there is a natural attrition when that when it comes to that, and it was a government that had to fight its way through COVID and he's only still barely getting the recognition that it deserves for doing that. But I agree with Cameron and the point that this is a government that is facing a potential wipe out if all things go to plan from the coalition side.
Speaker 2: After one term, after three years.
Speaker 7: It hasn't happened exactly years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you both. I think the polls aren't accurate and I think themim is clearly in Dutton's direction. You know the sentiment that that newspert today show that majority of people do not think Albanezi deserves a second term. That is cemented he is seen as a week leader. Because he is a week leader, people can see who he is and they usually get this right. Now, have a look at this labour knows it's in trouble and so it's already playing, you know, some dirty tactics and it's been caught out. The Albanesi government manipulating an old video of Peter Dutton from a twenty fourteen press conference to make it looks like you want to kill off Medicare. Here's the ABC report.
Speaker 8: Does Peter Dutton really want to get rid of Medicare?
Speaker 9: That's what this video would have you believe.
Speaker 1: We're very clear about this.
Speaker 10: Medica is dead. They can't be for free. We have to pay for a world class medical system. The thing is his words have been taken completely out of context, but we've found an original version.
Speaker 9: We're very clear about this.
Speaker 10: Medica is dead. We can't make it sustainable today. That last bit was pretty important, Cameron.
Speaker 2: I seem to recall that Labor wanted to introduce laws against misleading conduct and scare campaigns like this.
Speaker 5: They did. But look, Labour's so desperate. I mean this smacks of desperation, that doesn't it. I mean, clipping and mashing together some words from ten years ago. I mean, this is desperate, desperate politics from Labor. And if this is the best they've got, we're in for a very long campaign. I might add, though, that the people who are advising Albo and his campaign were the same ones who advised the Yes campaign. So maybe this is about as good as they're going to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Andrew, it's actually not just this ad campaign, but I've heard Labor ministers on breakfast television in recent days saying the same thing that Darton wants to kill off many care. I mean it's just false.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a pattern of deception that we're seeing now. And look, we shouldn't be surprised. I mean, this is the party that has pursued electoral victories on the back of liars, misinformation and character assassination. They've made an art form out of it, so we shouldn't really be surprised here. But on the flip side, if I was a play Devil's advocate, there is a door that's been opened by the Coalition in the way they talk about services. We all want smaller governments, we all want less breadth in government departments. But having that debate in public is a risk. It does open up the Coalition to these types of attacks. Now they don't need to go that far, they don't need to employ deception. They just need to have that natural debate with the Coalition on whether government should be bigger or smaller.
Speaker 2: Well as speculation for a hung parliament is heating up, there's a tension turning to which way the Tills would support if there was a hung parliament. Now. Interestingly, Alegraspender came out on the weekend and said she's open to working with Peter Dutton have a look.
Speaker 11: I take things on the basis of the arguments and on the basis of the evidence and I'm very open to working with a coalition government, and I'm open to working with the Labor government, but that depends on what they're actually going to put on the table and the seriousness frankly of what they're putting on the table as well.
Speaker 2: Cameron, isn't this Allegra trying to win support in her electorate of Wentworth, which is increasingly turning to Peter Dutton. So she's trying to say, yep, it's fine to vote for her. She might support Peter Dutton.
Speaker 5: And obviously the cocktails with Albow and Tony Burke didn't do much because there she is out supporting potentially Peter Dutton. But the reality is that Allegras must have seen the polling. I mean, the Liberals are a strong chance of knocking her off in Wentworth, strong chances knocking her off. So she's desperately, cravingly telling Chial voters that oh it's okay because she's really a sly Dutton voter. No, I'm sorry, if voters in Wentworth want Peter Dutton as Prime Minister, they should vote Liberal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, CARSI I think you know, Allegra might be open to supporting Darton, as she says, but you look at the other tials and I mean, you think there's no way they'd back Peter Duarton in a hung Parliament.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think for Allegra this is part posturing but also part this is naturally where her politics do fit. I think she has that ideology that more suits the moderate side of the Liberal Party. So I think I think would naturally count very moderate, but certainly it would be on that side of it, So she would. She would also have been in the back of her mind what happened to the last two turncoats that turned on their Conservative electorates and put Julia Gillard in for another three years. They would toast when the electorate got their baseball bats and taught them lesson. So I think that is in the back of their mind. The Jewish community would also be in the back of their mind. Would Jewish Australians, many of whom live in that electorate, want Albernezi for another three years? I strongly doubt that.
Speaker 2: Though, and I would say most of the Jewish community would be voting Liberal this election. Single issue voters, there's nothing more important than the safety of your children and grandchildren. Now, before we go, I want to ask you about this horrific story. Today, a Jewish business in Melbourne became the latest target in this anti Semitism crisis. Andy Semite spray painted the words gas the Jews and a swastika on this store in Melbourne. Remember they said, oh, the protesters never said gas the Jews. They said, where's the Jews? Well it's here in black and white. Now. What's so sad about this is that the founders of this company where it was spray painted were Holocaust survivors and their grandson, j Huda Gottlieb told Sky News Digital Today that his grandparents actually escaped Europe and came to Australia looking for a better life and to have those words written on their business, which is what they would have experienced in Europe more than eighty years ago, and why they fled Europe and why their families were persecuted. He says, it's quite shocking in something they never would have thought that experience in Australia. Cameron, this is Melbourne, Oh it is, and it's just terrible.
Speaker 5: And I grew up there and it's just awful, awful to see my old home city with such disgusting hate disgusting hate Sharhi. But look it's happening on Albanese's watch. This hasn't happened before in Australia. It's happened because of Albanize's weakness and acquiescence, acquiescence on the issue of anti Semitism driven by some of his highest profile ministers as well. That's unfortunately the price we're paying as a community for his weakness.
Speaker 2: Indeed, all right, Cameron Milner Andrew Caswell, thank you both very much for your time. All right now to our big exclusive story. The Bangstown nurses video shocked us all but it turns out it's just the tip of the iceberg. We can tonight further expose a toxic and racist culture in the Australian health sector, with shocking cases of doctors praising her mus, saying Zionists should be destroyed, and one doctor even said she doesn't want to treat Jews and they're all still registered health professionals holding down jobs. Now, Jewish doctors claim prejudice against them is systemic in the health system, and more than two hundred and sixty wrote to Health Minister Mark Butler get this. On the twenty sixth of October twenty twenty three to raise the alarm, but nothing was done. Their letter to the Federal Minister asked him to instruct APRAA and the Australian Medical Council to investigate specific instances of antisemitism, and this is what their later said. They said, it is entirely unacceptable for any medical professional to use their platform to spread discriminatory or hateful remarks, especially in a divisive manner, and they attached a dossier with the defenders. Now remember they wrote this two weeks after October seven, and they also asked Mark Butler to send a reminder to all medical professionals around the country that hate speech violates the core principles of healthcare. No action appears to have been taken, and so the antisemitism has continued and Jewish patients were left vulnerable. Now. In one of the most abhorrent examples, doctor Mohammad Ghilan shared a post on social media saying and we'll show it to you now, live like Sinhwa or die trying. Another post of his shows the slain Hamas leader ya Ya Sinwa saying humiliation will never be for us. Yet another post says I am Harmas they are Hermas. We are all Hermas.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: This doctor was working at the Alfred Hospital in Corfield, Melbourne until just three months ago. Three months ago Cawfield in Melbourne, very Jewish area. Now Alfred Health told me this evening and I'm quoting. Concerns about the doctor's online activity were raised with us in November last year. He was suspended from work and a workplace investigation into the allegations commenced. Doctor Gilian resigned from our health service while the investigation was still in progress, and the concerns raised with Alfred Health were reported to both OPRAH and Victoria Police at the time, so he wasn't even sacked, he resigned and he remains a registered medical practitioner. Then there's a doctor who's worked as a staff specialist at Bankstown Hospital. So let me repeat that again. This is a different doctor who's worked as a specialist at Bankstown Hospital and one of her social media posts says, I'm quoting now what does hamas mean in Arabic enthusiasm, fire, intense interest and heartiness. Now. She also shared a post written by someone else that says, don't give Zionists an inch. These are people manufacturing an antisemitism crisis to defend mass murder and settler colonialism. Stay Laser focused on ending the Holocaust in Palestine and dismantling the Zionist entity in its entirety. So posts shared by another specialist at Bankstown Hospital, another Western Sydney Local Health District junior medical officer. He wrote in a post that every Zionist young to old is a psychotic maniac. In another, he said anti Semitism is just a weaponized cop out to protect this criminal entity, which is Zionism and all it's and he also re shared a post that said Zionists need to be defeated, crushed and utterly removed from power. He wrote, and I'm quoting, there is no such thing as a good Zionist, a salvagible Zionist, any supporter of Israel is a rotten human. If nobody had any sympathy for the Nazis, nobody should have any sympathy for any of these people. A junior doctor working in Western Sydney. Now, one of the worst examples I've seen is of another Western Sydney doctor, and she wrote on Twitter, I've even become fearful when I see new patients with Jewish names book in with me, so she doesn't want to see new patients who are Jewish if she's become fearful of seeing Jews, of treating Jews. I mean, can you imagine how Jewish patients would feel ending up with her as a doctor. Not to mention Jewish colleagues and one long term New South Wales health employee she's worked in Bankstown. She told me she's experienced both explicit and implicit anti Semitism. She's chosen to remain anonymous and I wouldn't even if she wanted to give me her name, I wouldn't broadcast it to protect her career. In one instance, a manager, this is from this woman I spoke to today, she said. In one instance, a manager described someone as he's such an effing Jew. In another incident, a colleague said to her, there will be peace between Palestinians and Israelis when one side puts down their arms, and that side should be Israel. So he was implying that Israel should be wiped out. In fact, so prolific has the anti Zionist and anti Jewish movement been in the health sector that an Instagram account exposing it has now been set up. It's called not my doctor.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: We put some of these examples that are there in black and white the social media posts to New South Wales Health this afternoon and the Secretary Susan Pierce told us that her department is committed to combating anti Semitism and hate in all its forms. But nothing at all about whether the specific doctors we've shown you tonight, and we gave her the names of them, nothing about whether they'll be investigated. Susan Pierce and the New Southwes Health Minister Ryan Park acted strongly when the banks Down nurse scandal emerged last week, and I think they now need to set up an inquiry. I mean, if I have been inundated with these examples in a few days, well imagine if they opened a hotline called for these incidents to be sent in and properly investigated. The authorities now can't just turn a blind eye to this. Patient care needs to be the same for all ethnicities and religious backgrounds, and every incident of discrimination in healthcare needs to be stamped out.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about that with Shadow Health Minister Kelly Sloan later in the show. It is absolutely shocking and by the way, if you have experienced, if you know of other examples, please send them into me because we're not going to stop looking at this. It's important. But now let's return to newspoll and if you're just tuning in. Although Dutton has put the coalition within striking distance of the government, according to the News poll today, a hung parliament is the most likely outcome if you believe the polls. Let's bring in The Australian's chief political correspondent, Jeff Chambers. Jeff, great to see you. Look, what's your analysis of this latest News poll, especially talking to the point that it shows the majority of voters in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and now think that Albinizi doesn't deserve another term.
Speaker 9: Hi, Sharry, These numbers are absolutely shocking for Anthony Albernez. His personal ratings are now at record lows. And I think what's going to be hard for polsters, as we had probably within weeks to an election, is to really determine that undercurrent. So you were talking about the US election a bit earlier, and you don't always pick up just how angry the mob is in certain regions, certain key electorates and while an incumbent first term government would expect the polls to tighten as we head towards election day, I think there are fears inside labor ranks that they are static and that they could potentially go backwards. On the other side of it, I think that Peter Dutton is obviously still in minus territory around his performance, but we've seen him getting out and about a lot recent times to try and build that profile and connect with voters. And as we head to election day, I think it'll come down to a choice really between two leaders and then that awful preferential system that we have in this country that really does favor one side, and you now throw the climate two hundred and the teals into the mix and it makes it really difficult for Peter Dutton. So I think the coalition we're really hoping to sort of push that primary vote up into the mid early to mids forty percent primary vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it has to hit at least forty one for him to have a chance of winning.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: Jeff, you know you just mentioned there that there are certain regions that the News poll might not pick up on where you know there might be really angry voter sentiment. Well, we saw the Prime Minister being heckled by anti offshow wind farm protesters at a media conference in the Illawarra. Now that's a Labor strong This was on Friday. Have a look, yeah, Jeff, and we could see a lot more of that in the election campaign. But you know, this is an example of what you're talking about.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Shary, I think I've lost the audio feed here, so I might need to get that fixed.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, No worries. Can you hear me now? Or have you lost me entirely? I think Jeff has lost me entirely. Oh good, we'll get his analysis a bit later. We're still to come on the show. Judith Sloan says Labor is sailing very close to interfering in the independence of the Reserve Bank. Her analysis coming up, plus the move by Islamic leaders to blame the media and even Jews for the backlash to the nurse's video. I'll talk about that with Kelly Sloan after this quick break. Welcome back. Well today, the Muslim vote independence, the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils and the Islamic Councils of Victoria and Western Australia have among others, signed a statement that condemns the hypocrisy over nurses controversy. And as you might have seen by now, the rogue Senator Fadima Payman defended the nurses. Have a look.
Speaker 14: These individuals have been fired, banned from ever working as nurses again, raided by police, placed under the most intense public scrutiny, and now the ones being hospitalized, they've apologized, they.
Speaker 12: Have been punished.
Speaker 2: What is the end goal here?
Speaker 12: What exactly are we trying to achieve justice or just public cafe humiliation. We never see the same level of anger and vitriol when the roles are reversed, she.
Speaker 2: Says, you never see the same level of public ango when the roles are reversed. But that's because the roles are never reversed. And when she says this is just a comment, well that's trivializing or dismissing hate speech. She's implying it's not worthy of public outrage. And Fatima Payman says everyone should move on now because these nurses have been punished, but actually they haven't. No charges have been laid. We're waiting for new Southewlless police or the AFP to get their act together, all right, Johnny Minow Shadow New Southew was Health Minister Kelly Sloane. Kelly, thank you very much for your time and your work on this issue. Firstly, what's your reaction to this story that Alexi Demitriadez wrote in The Australian about the Islamic leaders coming out in a sort of defense of.
Speaker 6: This video is deeply concerning and quite frankly, really troubling statement. You know, what we need right now is leadership, moral conviction, empathy and understanding, and instead we have hate, we have victim blaming, and we have some sort of bizarre conspiracy that this is a political movement that we are confecting outrage and that's quite frankly absurd, because the concern about what happened last week by those nurses was real and understandably. What they have done is undermine the integrity of our health system. They have undermined their colleagues and they have made patients feel scared and we need to get to the bottom of that, and we cannot do that by dismissing it, by hoping it will be that we can move on as Senator Payment said, we can't do that.
Speaker 2: We need to shine a light on this. I think adding to this concern will be some of the examples that I've reported on air tonight where doctors still practicing in Western Sydney say, you know, they don't want to see Jewish names on their page patient list new patients. Other doctors who are openly supporting hermas the case in Victoria as well, a doctor who has stood down while his comments were being investigated, again openly supporting harmus in. This appears to be a widespread issue.
Speaker 6: It feels systematic, and that is what the doctors are telling us. I mean, that list that you revealed is so deeply shocking and unfortunately I've had similar stories since last week, doctors, nurses, other medical staff talking to me about what they are experiencing in the workplace, having to hide their Jewish identity, being cut out of WhatsApp groups, but even worse, being targeted with hate speech. I spoke to an anithetus today from Melbourne who told me about a patient, a Jewish patient, very sick in hospital. The family comes to visit and there are stickers behind his hospital bed saying boycott Israel and Free Palestine. I've seen those stickers. I mean, it is shocking to see that that is happening. And you know, we should have known about this earlier, and indeed the alarm bells were ringing earlier. And if there is any good that has come from last week, it is that we are listening. Now, we're listening, and we must act.
Speaker 2: Well, we're listening. But I'm worried about what action APRA has taken because you know, a lot of people are saying, or not a lot, but we have heard of many people who are saying that they have complained about this to OPRA and were disappointed with no action. Midwife Sharon Staalia, she was here on Thursday night and she complained to APRA but ended up being investigated herself. Here she was so you were also writing about the fact that there were nurses and midwives in their new southe I was health uniforms, chanting hateful slogans. Yes, yet you found yourself under investigation. What happened?
Speaker 14: So because I was so outspoken about that, OPRAH started receiving a lot of complaints about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just so worrying. Kelly. Do you what do you think needs to happen when it comes to OPERA.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, first of all, if that is true, and I've spoken to Sharon as well. She's a very brave, conviction led woman who is campaigning for others, and if her story is true, then that says a lot about APRA that complaints should not be weaponized against the complainant. I have spoken to many doctors in the past few days who have concerns about OPRA. There is even would you believe a conference that will be held in Sydney in May at a major hotel about OPRA and the concerns people have about OPERA. So it would suggest to me that at a minimum they have a reputation of issue and perhaps the minister should be looking at that.
Speaker 2: As in the federal minister Mark Butler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mark Butler should be looking at that. I you know, he would need to examine that. But if you have doctors and a trust deficit in a regulatory body, it should.
Speaker 2: Be looked at.
Speaker 6: The cleared or action taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just over all, I mean you mentioned before, like I did, that you've been in undated with people since this bankstyle nurses video story came to light. I mean, what's your concern? And I think Ryan Park handled this very well on the day. Do you think there needs to be a broader inquiry?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Did you like my idea of a hotline? What do you think needs to happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the Health Minister and the Head of Health on the day acted very swiftly. So I congratulate them for that swift action, for making sure that the police were involved immediately, and they have been keeping me abreast of the situation. But what I am calling for, and I've written a letter to Ryan Park, is that we need, first of all, a full examination of patient records, which they have begun. But I want to make sure that that is independent and doesn't just go back twelve months, but it goes back to at least October twenty twenty three. I want to see a full review of workplace culture, a sharing of rules which I haven't seen yet about what is appropriate and what is not in the workplace. Because it is very clear that politics is creeping into the workplace in quite actually quite a pronounced way. There should be some sort of whistleblower mechanism. Hotline, as you suggest, is the first place, because if you are experiencing this in the workplace, whether it's anti Semitism or some other form of racism or Islamophobia, you should be able to air those concerns without the fear of repercussions. And what I'm hearing from Jewish doctors and medical professionals is that they are too scared to speak up because there is a attribution, because of retribution, and that is not good enough. There needs to be a mechanism where they can pick up a lot, you pick up a phone and call someone without that fear of retribution. We cannot be afraid of shining a light on this issue because we're scared of what we're going to find.
Speaker 2: Well set, Well set, Kelly soon, Thank you very much for being here. Thanks Sharry. All right, and just before we go to the break, I want to update you about two more speakers for our Sky News Antisemitism Summit on Thursday, and I'm delighted to say that former Treasurer Josh Friedenberg and the Federal Court judge Justice Michael Lee will be magnificent additions to our summit. And as you may have read, Josh has just announced the launch of a new not for profit organization, The Door Foundation to address antisemitism in education and justice. Michael Lee and Friedenberg will join Peter Dutton, Chris Mins, John Howard, Gillian Siegel, Mark Drefers, Mike Bizulo, the Israeli Ambassador, Emir Maimon and more.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 2: You can watch it on the Sky News Election Channel Live one o'clock on Thursday, or at our website sky News dot com dot au. All right, still to come. Trump prepares to declassify top secret intelligence on JFK's assassination. I talk about that with Koshagada plus. Judah Sloan is concerned the RBA is being pressured by politicians to cut rates. She'll join me after this quick break. Welcome back. Well tomorrow, the biggest story is going to be whether the RBA cuts rates, and the market consensus is that the Reserve Bank will cut the interest rate by twenty five basis points. That would bring it down to four point one percent. It would be if they cut it'd be the first time they've slashed the cash rate in five years. All right, let's bring in now the Australians contributing Economics editor Judith Sloan. Judith, thank you very much for your time. Now do you think there is a strong case for the RBA to cut rates tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Well, Charie, it's a case of will lay or should they? If I'm going to answer that should they, I think the answer is no. I think there is a case, but there's not a strong case. And after all, it's only five six more weeks before they meet again, and I think the cautious approach would be to watch, for example, on their criteria, which is about the trimmed mean of the CPI, it is not currently within their target band, so the target band is two to three percent. It is only slightly above that target band, and it is probably heading into that target band. But it seems to me that there is so much political pressure on them and indeed also the market at i e. The young bond traders have decided to will it that I think they probably will cut tomorrow. But as you said, Shari, by twenty five basis points.
Speaker 2: It was an interesting story in the finn Review that one of the friends of one of the IBA board members, of Stephen Kennedy, I should say, is the Treasury Secretary, that one of his friends at the last rates meeting, or ahead of the last rates meeting, asked the Finn Review to publish his opinion piece arguing for a rate cut on the day of the rates decision. The Finn refused to do that. They published it the next day. But does this show you the sort of games and political meddling that's going on.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a very interesting article by Michael Reid, and he had some good sources there. I thought, So, I think you'll hear the Prime Minister and the Treasurer say, you know, with respect, you know, we understand that the Reserve Bank is independent, blah blah blah, right, which of course is a form of jaw bony. But another way to get the message out is to get your sort of mysteries, your friendlier mysteries to also put the message out. So you know, there are a number of economis. For example, last year we had Wayne swam breaking into the press and telling us what we should do. So I think it's a rather unfortunate arrangement, to tell you the true shower. You either have an independent Reserve Bank that's allowed to get on with the job and be seen to allow I've been allowed to get onto the job, or you know, you have this sort of meddling what I'd called meddling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does seem like it could be meddling. How do you think Michelle Bullock would withstand this pressure pressure? I mean, she's been quite impressive so far. She's been absolutely great.
Speaker 4: I think she is perhaps less malleable than they thought when she was appointed. And I absolutely love the fact that an hour after the decision is made public, she very openly conducts a press conference and takes a large number of questions. Like most politicians, she doesn't actually not answer the question. She does try to answer the question. So I think she's been great. But bear in mind it's not just the governor who makes this decision.
Speaker 2: It is the board.
Speaker 4: This is actually the old board, and that does include the Treasury Secretary, so she has a vote. There are other Reserve Bank people on the board. But I think she's been great, And I think to what Shari tomorrow is not just the decision but also the narrative around it, because normally when Central Bank starts to cut interest rates, it's the start of a cutting season, so to speak. Whereas I think there is a bet where they'll say, look, we've been prepared to cut this time, but we're not making any promises about a series of cuts through the year. That's a very different scenario to the normal process whereby yes, we think we've got inflation lecked and we'll have a series of cuts through the year.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting to see or if we'll even find out whether the board decision is unanimous tomorrow or whether there is a split in a difference of opinion. Just before you go quickly, I just want to ask you.
Speaker 4: Now on that, Charie. We won't know that because that will be the process under the new board. I think we will have some transparency about the voting, but tomorrow is the last meeting of the old constituted boards, so it's the sort of normal confidentiality of the voting.
Speaker 2: Just very quickly because we've got to go. Would you say the political meddling by the Albanese government at this point is interference? Is it interfering with the independence?
Speaker 4: I think it's been very unfortunate, and I think that you know, they have a legislation under which they act.
Speaker 2: They should be allowed to.
Speaker 4: Get on with the fulfilling the tasks that are given to them. So I think it is unfortunate. But you know, bear in mind it's not the first government to have done this and sadly will not be the last.
Speaker 2: Indeed, all right, Judi Sloane really appreciate your analysis. As always still to come, Trump prepares to declassify top secret intelligence. I'll speak about this with Koshergata after this break. Or Donald Trump is preparing to declassify top secret intelligence about some of the mysteries we've always wanted to know. Annapaulina Luna is leading this declassification effort. Here she is apologies we had no volume on that, but she spoke about wanting to declassify intelligence on jfk assassination, the origins of COVID nineteen UFOs, which they now call UAPs. Let's bring in to discuss sky News contributed to Karyshagata Kosha. This would be incredible. But you, oh, another thing she mentioned was the client list of Jeffrey Eppstate. So you think there's going to be heavy backlash to this. Perhaps some agencies like the CIA might appose it as well, But I'm all for it. What do you reckon?
Speaker 13: Yes, will certainly be backlash for it, as there are with all these things that Trump is trying and the promises he made in the campaign that he's attempting to fulfill. And the big picture here, the reason why this is so important is the d class system or the classification system is really broken and many people have felt this for a long time in America, where number one, all sorts of things remain classified and shrouded under cloak and dagger mystery for years and decades after they happened, even though they do serve great public interest. And on the other side, there's all sorts of people who get access to two classified materials even if they don't really have a.
Speaker 2: Need to know.
Speaker 13: And you see this with people who stepped out of public officer who are retired and all of that. And the outcome of this is that it's just leading to more and more distrust in institutions, which we know are at an all time low right now. So this is one measure in that where Trump does have the power to declassify it as unilaterally presidential power in our system.
Speaker 2: So he's done that.
Speaker 13: And what Annapolina Luna is doing is from the congressional side, there's a role to play to further disseminate it, codify that and it'll be interesting to see what these things are. The Epstein list in particular is going to get a lot of pushback because there are some very high profile names as we know and expect to be involved in there. So we shall see how quickly they get this done.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think of something like JFK's assassination and you think, after all this time, what is the reason not to make public the intelligence? You know, there's just saying with UFOs, why shouldn't the public know what intelligence the American government has on it? And it's probably about time some of that was released and there was transparency around it. I just want to talk to you, coach. You're about President jd Vance's controversial speech to the European ladas on the wakend. Have a look.
Speaker 8: The threat that I worry the most about visav Europe is not Russia, it's not China, it's not any other external actor. And what I worry about is the threat from within the retreat of Europe from some of its most fundamental values, values shared with the United States of America and Britain and across Europe. Free speech. I fear is in retreat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, Kosha, this went down very badly with the European ladies.
Speaker 13: It sure did He was very blunt and is again speaking from the pulpit of what the Trump administration is all about and what his entire political career really for the last decade has been about, which is first of all, cutting back on this premise that's seventy five years after World War Two, the US still has to be a guaranteur of security to the level that it is around the world. That has been an orthodoxy shared by both parties across the Atlantic for a very long time. So shadowing that will not be easy, but that is his view. And then secondly, this principle that if we are allies as we are, and we do share in this alliance to defend democracy, which has become sort of a catchphrase, almost, what is it that we're actually defending when there are threats to free speech, when there is so much migration was another topic he touched on, so on and so forth. So he was laying that bear in a friendly way, but I would say in a very blunt, constructive criticism way. And it's so it's not surprising that the leaders didn't like it. But the people, I think probably do see some common cause in.
Speaker 2: What he's talking about. Yeah, Oh, the leaders certainly didn't think it was a friendly manner at all. They sat there shocked and tweeting right the way through his speech, and I just very quickly Hamas released three hostages on the weekend, not all of the remaining captives, despite President Trump ordering them to do so. Now what happens now, kosher, because we've got thirty seconds. But basically Trump has said he'll support is Radio Prime Minister Benjamin Nett and Yahoo if he does want to go back into Gaza. Twenty seconds.
Speaker 13: Yes, I think he will do that and sort of allow President and Yahoo to defend his sovereignty. And I think, you know, he might always throw in some interesting jives to keep them on their feet until the story is ended.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The question is, of course, whether it's the right time for NED and Yaho to do so, because out of the seventy three remaining hostages, Israel believes around thirty three are still alive. So perhaps they'd want to get those living hostages out before they go back into Gaza and kill the rest of the Hamas terrorists. All right, Koshagada, appreciate your time. I'll see you tomorrow at eight o'clock. And right now, Paul Murray