Speaker 1: Apogee Production, Welcome back to you another episode about I A Bad Mum podcast.
Speaker 2: We've got Instagram on the go. At Am I a bad Mum?
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: We've paused the Facebook at the moment because we don't know the login. No.
Speaker 3: I was like, and the Facebook for me is just like one of those worlds where you're like, I used to know how to somewhat navigate it, and now I look.
Speaker 2: At it and go omg. Yeah, that's hectic in that it's too much to it. There's too much happening on it.
Speaker 3: Recently, we were selling our cars and someone had suggested me going onto Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: To sell my car.
Speaker 3: I've struggled to sell anything like, let alone my car. I can't even imagine the kind of fear feedback and response you would get from people on Facebook Marketplace buying a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have never sold a car a marketplace. But you're really good at it. Yeah, I am good at it. Yeah, I do you love the hustle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used gum Tree a lot. Yeah, obviously, and now I am doing Marketplace. I get frustrated with people on Marketplace. Didn't I send you something?
Speaker 3: Every person that pops up on Marketplace if I've listed something, I just think automatically, Oh, it's a scam.
Speaker 2: Trying to scam me, it's a scam. I don't get that much on Marketplace. I definitely did get that on gum Tree. There would be people scamming all the time. I said someone the other day. I was like, I said something about selling your old phone. They were like, what do you mean you sell your own old phones? I was like, I sell all my old phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think the last one I handed into Telstra. I don't know why I would have done that.
Speaker 2: They probably gave you, like a couple they scammed me. Probably. Yeah. I'm just trying to find the screenshot that I sent you. So I was selling a black lounge room unit and I had it out for fifty dollars because I had my garage full of stuff and I just need you needed to get it to get rid of it. And she said to me, I know exactly, because I'm always laughing about the fact that you put stuff on gum Tree, on gums or marketplace, and you put it up for a lot cheaper than it is because obviously it's secondhand, and then someone always tries to talk down yeah price and it's up for fifty dollars right, which is nothing? Would you take forty? I can pick up tomorrow afternoon one thirty pm. I said, yeah, that's fine, you can pick it up tomorrow, have it for forty, whatever the fuck you want, whatever, And then she came back and said, thanks. Is there any damage or a scratch on it? And I was like, I said, yes, there are some scratches on it, which is why it's that cheap. It was purchased for twelve hundred dollars. You're paying forty. It blows for so people wanted to look brand new. What happened?
Speaker 3: Did you turn up at one thirty and pay for it? No?
Speaker 2: She didn't reply, Oh, I had scratches on it. You're buying a second hand item?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I did with it? Rach took it to the tip. Yeah, I have done so much more satisfyct. I get so sick of people. Yeah, why do they do that? I said something to you which was quite rude, and you said, I wish you had said that to them. You said, honestly, what the fuck is wrong with these people? I said, if you want it to look new, then buy it in the shop, You fucking scab. Am I a bad mum leaving?
Speaker 3: Oh? I mean I kind of blended it weekly.
Speaker 2: Well, we talked the other week about an issue I had with the girls wanting to go to see Billie eilive in San Francisco. Yeah, they really believed that they were going to be able to save the money in six months time for flights accommodation. I was the bad guy that shut it down quickly. And when first of all, there's no way in a million years I'm letting you go to Francisco your own, and secondly, you've got a really unrealistic expectation of what money is involved and all the logistics of going to America anyway, shut it down. Girls were so angry with me, probably had the worst argument we've ever had. It just escalated, like you cannot imagine. They were both at me. They were ganging up. They were so sure that I had led them on by making them think that they were saving money to do something like that overseas, whereas in my mind I was like, there's no way I would have even entertained that idea of you going over by yourself. Anyway. It was a really really big argument I was trying to reason with them. And it's really interesting rage because I spoke to somebody, like a professional who works at the school and she said, with teenagers with the part of their brain that hasn't yet fully developed, the part of the brain that's about reasoning and stuff like that, she said, you need to take ten years off the age of your child, so you are actually reasoning with in that moment, a six year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's so interesting. First of all. Second of all, I got to the point rate where I was like, if I don't leave this house, they need to leave, and it's evening and you're not really supposed to kick kids out on the street rowned upon, And so I made the decision to pack a bag and leave the house. Now h they were safe at home. Yea of age. There was food in the fruit like on paper. Me packing your bag and then leaving my kids sounds bad, but in my mind it was if I don't leave and remove myself from this situation, I am going to say something that I will really regret because I got so angry at the way it all played out on what was said that I was like, I have to go.
Speaker 3: That's a good decision.
Speaker 2: Drove away. I had no idea where I was going range, I had no plan.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love the idea that you've packed your bag as well, Like you're like, we'll pack a bag.
Speaker 2: What are you're packing? Know where I'm going. In the moment, it was kind of like it was a bit dramatic just.
Speaker 3: To give context to it, like of that day, because I do remember the day. You'd been peppered and belted and battered all day from like I think I saw you in the morning of that day at like I think we got together at like what nine.
Speaker 2: Thirty, and you said it had already been going for like two hours before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I was to say, I'm going to put you on a treadmill for fourteen hours straight and I don't want you to get off, and I don't want you to cry, and I don't want you to fault, that's what that is. Right, You're getting belted and battered and battered and bat it over fourteen hours, no wonder, no wonder you went.
Speaker 2: I guess can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: And that whole response of like I've just got to walk away because it's going to be best for you. But it's also going to be best for me, and I don't want to get to the point where I have to have regret about what I say, my actions, whatever you know, sort of transpires with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there was also a big part of me that was like, you need to sit and think about what present they did. And so yeah, I started driving off. Jay was still at work, so I called him crying, told him about the whole situation. He was like, Okay, cool, Well we'll just go and stand hotel. There was a part of me that was like, oh, you're like, oh, he's quite glad that it's played out like this. Let's just go stay in the hotel. So honestly, raised last minute, I'm on bloodywad if dot com and I have booked just a place in the city and turned up. The feeling of freedom really hit me. When I checked in, I was like, wow, I've just left my hand. Yeah. Yeah, my kids, pets aren't fed. They can work that out. Yeah, and I'm going to take some time out for myself. Next morning, we see that they're no one because we see the cameras, so we're getting alert someone. I was on the doorstep and they had haven't left for school, and I'm like, they were supposed to get the bus. They've got a bus pass and they hadn't left. Jay texts them because it's after when the bus would have gone and says, if you've forgotten the bus, get Nuba to school. I've gone straight to work, assuming they're at school. And I get a call from the student wellness officer and she says, just checking in to make sure everything's okay with the girls. They haven't come to school today, and I was like, what do you mean they haven't gone to school. She's like, you weren't aware, and I was like, no, I wasn't aware they were supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then I've called the girls and I'm like why and you're at school and they're like, we sat in our uniform, we got up, we got all ready, and then we waited for you to come home and take us to school, and you didn't. And I was like, shit, we missed the part out. We missed the part that told them we wouldn't be about to take them to school. So I start getting mum gilt. No, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: I would have been like, well, you know you're a big girl that wanted to go to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: So then I find out from Amelia that she sent an email that morning to her teacher saying, oh God, saying hi, just to let you know, our parents didn't come home last night. This is what she said. Our parents didn't come home last night. We haven't been able to get hold of them. They didn't come home this morning. We haven't been able to go to school. We sat here waiting in our school uniform. H There was no context to this email teacher. The teacher thinks we have just not gone home, not told them, and left them to finn for themselves with no way of getting to school. I sent an email to the teacher and said, wow, very interesting narrative that told her everything. Yeah, I did. And so I spoke to her and told her everything, and she was like, I completely understand. And then she said at the end of it, oh, I've got teenagers. I'd quite like to just leave go to a hotel for a few too.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So it could have gone horribly wrong because there were a good few hours in the day that the school thought I was some low life parents.
Speaker 3: No, I bet you, like I imagine I would hope that they would have seen through and understood that until speaking to you and understanding the narrative from your side of it, like you've never shown that sort of behavior and you've never done it before, So.
Speaker 2: I mean it definitely felt extreme. That it's not extreme. I think it's best to do that the alternative. If I hadn't left that situation and gone to a hotel for the night, God knows what happened in that.
Speaker 3: But also from like your side of it, Katie, like you're saying you left, which is great, and I agree, I would have been the same.
Speaker 2: I would have walked away. I would have walked out of there as well. I did really enjoy being in that hotel.
Speaker 3: I was probably mean a silence all I'm the about night in a hotel, no phone contact, maybe a glass of bubble slotter, some trashy TV.
Speaker 2: I later found out Rachel's a friendly hotel. Me and Bella the dog, we could have a lovely time. There's Bella in her robe, just sitting up on the bed.