Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swun show.
Speaker 2: Strap themselves in everyone. Every Friday show is fun. In fact, every show that we do together is really fun for me.
Speaker 3: I'm with your Swany, but today especially, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Day especially we have Hugo Weaving on the show. You loved him in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, you loved him in The Matrix. I loved him, you did, especially and your people. I actually haven't seen that film. Can you believe what I know?
Speaker 4: You're meant to be like the gay icon of Australia and you haven't seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
Speaker 2: What am I doing with my life? I loved him and everything else. I even loved him in Babe, which a lot of people don't remember he lent his voice to. He is in a new Binge movie based on the iconic Australian Paul Kelly song Who's Gonna Make the Great? How to Make Brady? And he's gonna be on the show. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Now, you can't wait for that, And I'm excited for that too, Swany.
Speaker 4: But I'm most about the fact Drake announced it midday today. He is heading down Under in February next year, that's like two months away.
Speaker 2: I just want to thank Drake so much for coming back into my life because I had gotten how much I loved him. Right this song excuse me.
Speaker 3: Hotline bling, Yes you love that?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 4: Now after three pm in Chrissy's Quizy, we need die hard Drake fans.
Speaker 3: Because we have the first double to give away.
Speaker 2: That is how did we get it so quickly? It's like somebody just went to their desk and cut it with a Stanley knife and wrote Drake.
Speaker 4: I'd like to imagine that's how it happens to you. It's called the Anita max Win Tour.
Speaker 2: Who's that?
Speaker 4: I thought you might ask that. I'll explain to you at three pm why he has named it this. But next thirteen, twenty four to ten, we're going to kick the show off with a round of who am I? For five hundred dollars cash the.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: What is better Friday or the feeling of winning five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: The cash Swany the cash still.
Speaker 1: Christy Swans?
Speaker 2: Who am I? Christy? We want to make your weekend the best ever by giving you five hundred Schmackers in your hand.
Speaker 5: That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Are you good at this sort of stuff? I am?
Speaker 5: I love Quizzy.
Speaker 2: Were you like were you part of a trivia group in the nineties.
Speaker 5: No, I should have been, because I'd be good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should have been. You were probably at home with kids, are working too hard like I was? But I did always my time for a trivia group.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Christy, I've got five hundred bucks here and five clues about a particular celebrity. I just want to what year were you born, Christy? I just want to see if this is in your wheelhouse. Oh I hope so, oh yes, you'll know this one all right. Every time you get one wrong, one hundred dollars comes out of it, and that is purely jack nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: Clue number one for five hundred dollars cash, Christie.
Speaker 2: I was just this week confirmed to play Glastonbury's Legends slot, so you know that this is maybe an older guy twenty three years after I last appeared at the festival. Glastonbury That's UK.
Speaker 3: Sure is Legends and epic festival.
Speaker 2: It is glass it isn't, but you are in the right.
Speaker 3: Area, I guess. Clue number two for four hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 2: I am an effervescent puss, effervescent seventy nine year old, seventy nine male singer who was born in London, and my musical career began in nineteen sixty two busking with a harmonica.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't either, and I'm a huge fan of this guy, all the way back from his work with the Faces.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I feel so silly. I've got no idea.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Clue number three for three hundred dollars cash. There's still three hundred dollars cash on the line. Christie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got a question for you. A The beginning of this song is the stuff of legends and it just is a full dopamine hit for me. Secondly, do you think I'm sexy? Christy?
Speaker 6: I know it is, and I want you to get off the phone from me now and start the beginning of do you Think I'm Sexy?
Speaker 2: It just kicks in, he goes sugar, Sugar, and it will set you alive for the weekend. Christy, Yes, my girl?
Speaker 3: For what three three hundred dollars cash? Enjoy that? Christie? Hey coming up. We're doing Chrissy's Correspondence.
Speaker 4: If you've got any feedback on the shows this week, sliding to our DMS at the Christy Swantrap.
Speaker 2: I've actually got a photograph sent to me and I don't know is it technically correspondence. I'm going to try and explain.
Speaker 3: It to you in words like a plan emoji sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: At Priceline Pharmacy, they're all about keeping you some safe the best thing you can do to protect yourself from harmful UV rays and PREMISEU are aging were sunscreen every day.
Speaker 3: Head online or in store to shop now at Priceline.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Because we can do whatever we want in this two hours we are. We've made up a little segment that we love. We're gonna call it Fresh Fridays.
Speaker 4: I reckon we should say it like this, Fresh Fridays because it's kind of fresh and cool. Yes, already three to one Fresh Fridays.
Speaker 2: It's like a breeze coming through a window. Yes. Anyway, this is where we give you some fresh stuff to listen to. Some of it like Today's is released two day it is fresh out the oven baby and into your ears. Generally, they're going to be the ones that you cheese.
Speaker 3: They're going to be mine because I love my new music, but.
Speaker 2: I love rediscovering older tracks, falling in love with them all over again and listening to them.
Speaker 4: With fresh fresh years, kind of like we did with hold On We're Going Home at.
Speaker 2: The top of Yes exactly, I had completely forgotten and now it reminds me of my love for it. I'm going to go first. My Fresh Friday is an old old track by Australian legend Olivia Newton John. Oh this is live. You have to believe. Okay. So it's called magic. It's by Olivia Newton John. You probably haven't heard it for a very long time. I'm giving it back to you. The rightful owner put it in your ears. And the reason it's so fresh in my mind is because Christi will and Brown, who I made a news resolution to become best friends with and have succeeded, by the way, thank you for asking. I caught up with her on Saturday and she played Olivia Newton John in the stage play. She sings everything exactly the same. Olivington John is one of her all time heroes, so every time I'm with Christy, conversation naturally goes to O NJ because I'm also obsessed. And then we broke out into song of Magic because it is both of our favorites. Where were you in my kitchen?
Speaker 3: How great?
Speaker 2: I know? Magic? She could never get through a song with me, though, because she just bursts out laughing. I think I enjoy it too much. I can't believe her eyes. All right, your term?
Speaker 3: Alrighty?
Speaker 4: Mine is from our gal, Sabcap Sabrina Carpenter, her album Short and Sweet. You and I have been championing, championing since it was released, no skips, no skips. There's three singles off it. Espresso that was first, then there was Please Please Please Love It. Then third was Taste.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite of those three.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I know that your favorite of these, now four is going to be Bedken.
Speaker 3: Correct now, bed.
Speaker 2: Care It's my favorite song off the album. Don't tell me.
Speaker 4: I got an email this morning from Universal, the label Scene. It's now been released as a single and as such, Swanny, I'm gonna go Roague and we're going to play it right now in full on Nova.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, let me get the lyrics up because.
Speaker 3: I don't believe we've done.
Speaker 2: All I do is go and it's time I learned it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's quickly do a quick tutorial on how to what she's saying. Can you see that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Hey, picking up? Put them down to me around.
Speaker 4: Oh, it just makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's a bit dirty.
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Show. The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Still heaps of exciting stuff coming for you, including tickets to Drake's first shows next year, which have just been announced.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's correspondence.
Speaker 2: You know my nail. I talked about it last week. My big toenails gone.
Speaker 3: And you've always had an elite pedicure, Christie Swaw, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much. And the miracle about that is I only have it three times a year and it always looks great. I don't know why it's so good, but all the walking has taken its toll, and the top of my nail has hit the top of my shoe too many times. It's just gone. Actually, I'm out of here, Solata, get stuffed, Salata. So I have no toenail. And it's very very bad timing because I am an open toad sandal girl and it's coming into summer well, Helen heard my nail dilemma and she said, my big toenail on my right foot has severe trauma to the nail bed and has never grown properly. I lived with this issue for years, but now I have an acrylic gel applied. Like when they paint the powdered jel on your fingers. It's not a false nail and it has changed my life.
Speaker 3: So they just put it onto skin and sort of set up.
Speaker 2: I love my new Tona on you, Helen, So what do I do about that? Do I?
Speaker 4: Maybe you need to just go to your nail tech and say, hey, can what can you do here?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Can you just paint something on it? Please?
Speaker 2: The problem is I have to show them. It's disgusting.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the hooves those women and men have seen.
Speaker 3: I don't reckon yours is.
Speaker 2: As bad as great shame. I have great shame about it, But thank you, Helen. At least I know that if I put my brave girl pants on, there might be an answer for me. Lisa hurdis mention lemon? Is it called lemon slice? It's Tim Blackwell. He's coming up very soon, by the way. It's his favorite biscuit. It's called the lemon Lemon crisp. Okay, so that is his favorite biscuit, and I tried it. I was an absolute naysayer, a doubter, and they are now my favorite, Verilie.
Speaker 4: You gave it to me to try as well. It's the saltiness that makes them.
Speaker 2: Top tier, absolutely salty and sweet like you and I Jack exactly. Anyway, Lisa heard us talking about them. She'd never heard of them. And you know how I love it when this happens, When something's in the zeitgeist and then all of a sudden you notice it if you buy a purple car or you see a purple car. This is what happened to her. She was listening to the show that day and then she hopped in an uber and the uber was giving free biscuits to passengers and what was the biscuit and crisp?
Speaker 4: Also, I want to go back to the uber giving stuff to the passenger. Is this twenty twelve?
Speaker 2: I remember the good old days. I used to get mentoss and water. I don't get anything like that.
Speaker 3: I want is some home brand water and eclips.
Speaker 2: Get a big nosefull. Anyway, Acker Podcast is a show if you can't listen to us, download the podcast. My best friend does it every day. First Sweet Anyway, she podcast us and she said, I think you might be on holidays already. Not true, Beck, We're still here for weeks and weeks. We're here. Basically. Our thing is if you're at work or your kids are at school, so will we end of week?
Speaker 3: Must it's January and you're at work.
Speaker 2: We're in this together when it suits Jack Anyway. In a sweeping statement, I said that if you're the sort of person that mows your front nature strip up to the exact halfway point of your property and leaves your neighbors done, then you are dead to me.
Speaker 3: You're a dog.
Speaker 2: You can go to hell.
Speaker 4: I grew up with my dad always doing the other person's nature strip. It's just the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely must. However, had you thought of this, I hadn't, Beck, had She says? I completely. We agree with you if people are doing that, But have you thought that maybe it's the hardeners. Oh, you know, they're paying somebody to mow the lawn and they don't do it. You'd have to especially say do everything, or of course they're not going.
Speaker 4: To and also like, how long is a piece of string that garden. He's been paid to do his job. He can't just be handing out free.
Speaker 2: Exactly, lawn momentary job exactly. So that's a really good perspective. I hadn't thought of that. It's weird because I had generally thought the worst of people in that situation, and I don't do that. Quentin wasn't happy with me because I'd asked many people, including an owner of a Tesla, how you can drive longer than four hundred kilometers, and you know, what do you do? How do you do a long long distance trip? He says, after hearing you recently talking about not understanding about charging electric vehicles and ignoring the fact that you can actually plan a trip and find garages with charging stations, was beyond frustrating and infuriating to listen to some lease, Alan, don't. I don't think anyone would have convinced you regardless. Well no, because nobody did, Quentin, if you were listening, haha, someone said you can plan it, and I said, that's great. How do you physically charge it? And that person said, Quentin, you have to get an extension called and run it out the window. That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Dum, and there's one peer for you too. Sally wasn't happy with you, Jack. You claimed that the Wicked press tour had been cringe.
Speaker 3: Stand by it, so do I.
Speaker 2: Mainly because of that holding space for the lyrics of Define Gravity, which has gone viar.
Speaker 3: I know it's an amazing film, but the press tour is insufferable.
Speaker 2: Now. I know that this message is mean, but I don't understand it. I'm wondering if you can explain it to me, please.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Selby Dat says cringe press tour earns two hundred million dollars in three days.
Speaker 1: Loll.
Speaker 2: White men are so uninteresting.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got white guy?
Speaker 2: Is that you? Is it? You're the white man?
Speaker 3: Because I called it cringe?
Speaker 2: How did it make two hundred million dollars in three days?
Speaker 3: Did? That's not how it works? They don't make money from press tours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from cheese, the Chrissy Swan Show. I mean, yesterday was OZ Music Day, but if I could have worn of Ironica's T shirt, I would have also.
Speaker 4: You know how yesterday I said I don't know what T shirt I'd wear. Choice Ivan obviously, I would have. I could have got one last week.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're listening to the Christy Swan Show on No but let's go click it.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's clickit.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I am mad. I am mad for my Queen and savior, Taylor Swift, just coming second on the Billboard magazine of Most I want to say, most influential.
Speaker 3: Pop Star, the top ten stars in the twenty first.
Speaker 2: Century Top pop Stars, Beyonce one and Taylor Swift came second. I mean, that's not what my heart tells me is the true ranking. What does your heart tell you is the true ranking?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I actually don't know. I think I'm leaning towards Taylor. Yes, I think yeah, in the last decade, especially shall Taylor.
Speaker 3: Taylor.
Speaker 2: If you're listening, I'm a living proof that coming second is actually better than winning.
Speaker 3: Suck, Reggie, do not say that. It's Meggie.
Speaker 2: So that's what the situation has been this week, and I don't really want to talk about it because I feel like Taylor was robbed. That aside. Accompanying this ranking and this article was a video clip of the winners Top ten, I'm gonna say top five. Definitely, Taylor Swift was in it, and featured in the footage was a snippet from the Kanye West video for the song famous He Didn't He Didn't Make her famous.
Speaker 3: From Kanye West. If you sing your ministries, give him Kanye's better tune.
Speaker 2: It is a great tune. And you know that I think, against my better judgment, Carye. West is a musical genius. But you know people say, when you go out to a dinner party, never talk politics, religion, and something else. What's the point in going out and talking of you? I would add Kanye West and Taylor Swift to those three things, because don't get me started.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, okay, I have fought.
Speaker 2: With somebody in a very embarrassing and vocal way that believed that Kanye West made Taylor Swift but also she is.
Speaker 4: There's the argument now, swnny, with all the Beyonce stuff and the thank you Beyonce, that the reason Kanye did that was to protect Taylor from Beyonce.
Speaker 3: That's the TikTok conspiracy.
Speaker 2: And is the Earth flat TV. So I'll get back to you, nah, thank you so much. David did this and it was shocking, and Taylor has referred to it in the past as revenge porn.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So she doesn't like it. No, they've taken it down. But I think that this is not the sort of thing that happens unintentionally.
Speaker 3: You think Bill would have done it to like take a dig.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Can you imagine how much footage there is to choose from of my Queen and Savior, anything from the erarors to her, anything from when she was a little girl on stage, It's all documented. Why choose that?
Speaker 4: I wonder Swanny if it's because Taylor has quite a clean image, right, that is the most salacious and sexy sort of image of her, even though it's not it's.
Speaker 3: A wax figure or a figure.
Speaker 2: It's a wax figure.
Speaker 4: But maybe that's why to catch people's eyes scrolling through the feats, That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I just think I reckon, that's real bad.
Speaker 3: Okay. Next, we are so excited.
Speaker 4: Drake has announced he's heading down under and in Chrissy's Queasy we are looking for two die hard fans.
Speaker 2: I am definitely leaving the house for this.
Speaker 3: You got yes, I would drag you there.
Speaker 2: Yes is the Chrissy Swan Show. Yes, try and regain some energy because you're going to need it to superstar. Australian actor Hugo Weaving is coming up to talk about his new Binge film, which is the story of everyone's favorite Christmas song, How to Make Gravy by Paul Kelley. Oh my god, even you must love this.
Speaker 3: It's been to be an Australian to not love this, sawning.
Speaker 2: It almost needs to be the anthem.
Speaker 3: The Australian anthem.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you know. It's just so brilliant and I can't wait to see it come to life. That goes to air for the first time on Sunday. But Hugo Weaving's coming up.
Speaker 3: He sure is. But next morning.
Speaker 4: The massive news today at midday was that Drake Champagne Poppy. Yeah, he's heading down Under with his Anita max Win tour in February next year.
Speaker 2: You promised me. When I express some curiosity at the top of the show, why does the graphics for the tour resemble a very bad kids movie poster? And why is it called the Anita max Win Tour? Who is Anita max.
Speaker 4: So swany Drake was on a live stream at the end of last year and he introduced this like alter ego and their name was Anita max I've actually got the audio of it here for you to hear.
Speaker 1: I made a hat that I need for the stream right here. This is my alter ego, Anita max Win.
Speaker 4: Now, because Drake's a big gambler and Drake likes to punt, he's actually saying I need a max Win, as in like when gambling. So now he's created this alter ego, Anita max Win.
Speaker 2: Why is it a little girl with a big medallion and a smoking gun?
Speaker 3: How don't know if she's a vibe though.
Speaker 1: This is my alter ego, Anita max Win.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? So is he only doing this for money?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Like Denise Drivesdale and Ernie sigliet Twigg.
Speaker 6: Four.
Speaker 4: Next in Chrissy's Crazy, we are looking for the two biggest diehard Drake fans. Drake brings the Anita max Win Tour to Australia, playing arenas February twenty twenty five, less than three months away. Pre sale starts Tuesday, December three. Head to livenation dot com dot a you for details.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: The time is here.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how we do it. But only three hours ago, Drake announced that he is coming down under on his Anita.
Speaker 3: Big Win Anita max Win.
Speaker 2: Anita Maxween tour, and already people are losing their minds for these tickets. We are about to give away a double.
Speaker 4: Sure us warning and this quizzy is for diehard Drake fans as all of the questions are Drake related and you need to properly know the dude.
Speaker 2: There's a few one here that I would know. I think I might be a closet die Hard Drake. Hello Michael. Where do you sit on the scale of one to ten of Drake super fan ory?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Ten for sure, I'm the most deserving.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this. I love some confident. What is your favorite song? Ah?
Speaker 5: Probably like Passion.
Speaker 2: Passions said, you're a bit of a smooth BARRETTA. Let's go to kim Let's go to Kim. Hey, Kimmy, Hi, Chrissy. All right, now this is high stakes because you are not playing for yourself. You are playing for your son, Lucas, who is the super fan.
Speaker 5: I am, and I'm very nervous. He's sixteen, He's a massive fan. As soon as you heard about it, He's like Mom, I have to go, so I'm going to do my best for him to make sure that he gets to go.
Speaker 4: Good on you, Kim, Good on you forgiving it a go. And before we get to the Queens, I'm just going to do some business. Drake brings the Anita Maxwin to it to Australia. He is playing Arenas February twenty twenty five. That is less than three months away.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting.
Speaker 4: Free sales starts Tuesday, December third. Head to livenation dot com dot au for details. But Michael and Kim, one of you is not going to.
Speaker 2: Need to do that question. Oh your names are your buzzers? All right? Is that clear? Yes? It's the best of five, meaning the first person to get three answers correct wins the game and we'll walk away with these tickets to the Drake concert. Is that clear?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: It is yes.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what is Drake's real name?
Speaker 3: Michael?
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael Aubrey Drake Graham is going to be hard.
Speaker 3: To beat, Kimmy is question number two?
Speaker 2: What was the name of Drake's debut album? Michael, Yeah, Michael, thank me later, I will. But what was the name of the album what I did, alright when she said, can you imagine how embarrassing I am to my cool sons when his friends come over and I'm like, hello, what's your name? I love your haircut? I was like, question number three.
Speaker 8: This is for the win, Michael, can you name and this is this is to keep you in the game, Kimmy, Yeah, can you name this?
Speaker 2: Drake song Michael, Michael.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Oh my god, hold on, we're going.
Speaker 2: Home, Yes, Michael, in the words Aubrey Drake Graham, You're a good boy and you know it. Hey, you are going Michael. You don't need to suffer the injustice of waiting or missing out or that awful hour glass timing out. You're going good.
Speaker 1: On your Mica.
Speaker 2: The Chrissy Swan Show, we are thrilled to welcome to the show star and beloved actor Hugo Weaving. We've loved him in Babe the Matrix, a Lot of the Rings, Priscilla, Quid of the Desert, and now we are set to love him in the new movie How to Make Gravy, which streams on Binge from Sunday. Welcome Hugo Weaving. Hi, I am so excited for this feature film because the song how to Make Gravy by Paul Kelly is one of the most beloved ditties in this country. When you first read the script, did you say, oh, my God, of course this is a movie waiting to happen.
Speaker 7: Actually, I heard that the film was going to be made, and I thought, what a brilliant idea, because I love the song and I just thought it was the most fantastic idea for a film set around Christmas, about about who we are in Australia now, about family, about missing your family, about all the all the typical familial problems we have around Christmas time. Yeah, and so I was really excited that the film was being made. And then and then I got to read the script and that was even more excited.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, and you play the kindly Lifer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a character most of the characters in the film Paul has written about in the in the song, and so the family members are all written about, although you don't know who's who in the song. You've just got a list of names. But Megan Washington and Nick Waterman, who the co writers and Nick's the director of the of the film, created some characters in the prison as well, which is where Joe's writing his letter home from. And there's a character in the prison called Noel who's a lifer. So he's obviously done something a long time ago that he is in jail for for the rest of his life. But he's reconstructed himself and he runs the mens group and he runs the kitchen in jail, and he kind of acts as a father figure for Joe. And because it's a Christmas movie, there's sort of Santa Claus echoes in knowl I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, the lyrics of the song. We all know Dan and Joe and Reader and Mary and Roger, and I'm sure the way that Paul Kelly wrote this song just evokes visuals. I can't believe that I'm going to be able to sit and watch this song come to life.
Speaker 7: It is a quintessential Australian ballad really, and it's about it's about all of our families, and it's about a specific family, and it feels specific. And the way in which is beautiful production design with this film, and it's set sort of now and sort of when the song was written, It's been elegantly created. This world. It feels very true, feels very very real, but it also has a timeless quality to it. I think it'll be really very warmly embraced by people around the country.
Speaker 2: And I also love that it's not an American Christmas vibe. It's like we've all got you know, Tim Allen, Santa Claus, that's what we've been left with, or the Grinch or whatever. But Christmas in Australia, I don't know. I've just always felt it's a bit melancholy and it's hot, and it's everything it shouldn't be. And I feel like this film is going to encapsulate.
Speaker 7: That it does, and I'm sure it'll be embraced by everyone because of that. Really, it's a celebration of.
Speaker 4: Who we are.
Speaker 7: It's not about other people.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It's so exciting streaming on Binge from December one, which is this Sunday Hugo. I remember as a young boy seeing you on the screen for the first time in Priscilla, and I think only now is sort of an adult I've realized how much that movie meant to me growing up and hearing and seeing headlines that there's potentially a sequel in the works is really exciting. Can you speak to that or give us a little nugget of gold on what's happening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, we've been talking to Stephan Ellitt who wrote and directed Priscilla way back when, and Guy Pearce and I and Terence Stamp have been we're all sort of on board with the new Priscilla and where are the girls now? What are they up to, what's happening in their lives? And I mean the idea of doing a sequel is you have to have a very good reason to go back and do something like that. But it's a great idea. And so we've all pitched and we're all on board, and there are scripts we've read and being worked on, and there's money in the wings and so hopefully next year, if all the stars alone will be we'll be filming. But yeah, that's that's where we're at with it. It's exciting project daunching as well challenging. But I don't like doing things that aren't challenging, So when I get a bit worried, that's probably a good sign for me.
Speaker 2: Before you went all in, Hugo, did you make sure that your legs still look great in your pair of stockings?
Speaker 7: And I hope so no, well, I will have to get myself in shape.
Speaker 4: You go, please stick around. We want to play a quick game with you after this. Make sure you stream how to Make Gravy. It's on Binge from December one, which is this Sunday.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, we want to play the game, but I want to play how to Make Gravy the song by Paul Kelly.
Speaker 3: Now right now, do we have it? I'm not losing my job for this though. You are oh okay worth.
Speaker 2: The Chrissy Swan Show and Hugo Weaving, star of the new Binge feature film, kicks off on Sunday. It's called how to Make Gravy. I can't wait for it. He's stuck around. Thank you so much, Hugo, thank you. Now we've come up with a little game, and it's called lies. Google has told me.
Speaker 3: Lies. Google has told me.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like we just believe everything that we read on the Internet, and it turns out, not surprisingly to you, that most of it is made up. I'm going to give you some things that I have found about you, and you're going to say, what a load of shit? Or yes that is true. Director Peter Jackson had to actively convince you to take on the role of Elrond in Lord of the Rings because you didn't think it was for you.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure I did go over there. Did he actively persuade me? He certainly enticed me and lured me, And yeah, no, I think maybe that there's an element of truth about that.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent. I'm going to give it twenty percent. You've said that your biggest ambition is to retire to a small cabin in the middle of nowhere with a library and no cell phone signal by the way, can I come to But.
Speaker 7: Is that true? I may have said that, but I don't think it's the biggest ambition. I don't think that sounds like me. But the books, the library, and the railing against cell phones, that sounds like me. But retire being a hermit, retiring away not the full picture, shall we say?
Speaker 2: I would love that? Do you recite tongue twisters at lightning speed to prepare for live performance?
Speaker 7: There was a famous tongue twister which I shall not repeat because it's totally obscene, which we used to do it.
Speaker 2: We can beep it.
Speaker 7: Caggi had a rough cut punt amazing, Okay, So you had to say that very very fast, and there's a bit more of it than that, So yes, we used to do that one before shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, if someone recognizes you at an airport or on the street and starts quoting lines from you know, your big smashes like Lord of the Rings or The Matrix, you pretend to be confused and say, I think you might be mistaking me for someone else.
Speaker 7: That's Sam Neil's. Sam Neil often gets confused. People say, I tell Sam he was great in all my films. I do sometimes get confused with Sam people's compliment me on his performances. So that does happen, Yes, Sam, and and I get confused with it. I don't know why, but it's a regular occurrence.
Speaker 2: I mean, both thinking women's crumpets.
Speaker 3: Come on, Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: You think you've got a great face for playing villains because your eyebrows make you look permanently suspicious or angry.
Speaker 7: Well, I couldn't possibly comment.
Speaker 2: And last, but not least, you will offer the chance to become a Knight in the Order of Australia, but you turned it down because you don't like the idea of a title. Apparently your response was I'll just stick to Hugo, thanks a night.
Speaker 7: I don't think I could know. I've never heard of that one.
Speaker 4: How I love it and it's lies, Huguy. Couldn't let you go without just bringing up how much I love your character frankin Slow Horses. It's an unbelievable show. And is it true that you're coming back for seasonsy.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is true.
Speaker 7: I've been just come back from England a few weeks ago, so I was filming over there. Season six is presently being filmed. I'm going back in January. I'll be there till March. So yeah, Frank's back.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: What's it like working with Gary Oldman? Does he have any similarities to Jackson lanb.
Speaker 7: I only met Gary this time around the first season I did season four. We didn't have scenes together, and I was we were going to be working on the same sort of three days in a row, but Gary went and got COVID, so I didn't get to meet him back then, so I've only just met him. He came and gave me a big hug. We had a lovely chat on the street, but we haven't done any scenes yet. But yeah, he seems seemed terrific.
Speaker 2: I've just remembered a question that I discovered, a thing that I discovered yesterday that I'd forgotten written right down? Did you meet your now wife and you know you've been married for decades when you were four years old?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the true. That's true. We lived opposite each other up in Taramara, up in Warunga, and yeah, we used to play with each other on the street. But I then didn't meet her again until I was I'd gone around the world and came back when I was and I was she was at university and I was at drama school.
Speaker 2: So yeah, And was it the sort of thing you put too and two together later or year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, later on we realized, Ah, your mum's this, and mom are that where we used to Ah we used to live opposite you, so yeah, we put we put it together.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Thanks for so much.
Speaker 4: You go stream how to make gravy this Sunday on Bin You're going to love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your time. You go weaving.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: We are almost out of here and what a show. What a week.
Speaker 3: Grabbed the podcast if you missed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to miss this, but let's do this first Chrissy's clique fait. So first things first, Today is Thanksgiving Day in America. Oh and I'm so surprised that or is it the twenty eighth, the twenty eighth, whatever that today? Yeah, so I'm always so surprised that hasn't taken off here.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving, yes, because.
Speaker 2: I have always thought it's the most beautiful premise and it's not Christian or religious like you know, Christmas. It is just about giving thanking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did it come from?
Speaker 2: I did google it actually just before we started speaking, and it's sort of like a harvest kind of thing. It's probably like a pagan festival, probably not unlike Halloween. But we love Halloween.
Speaker 3: Here absolutely, and we have an embraced Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Like Halloween, I know, and I really think we should. I might ever had Thanksgiving lunch next year. I've always wanted to, but it always comes around so quickly, and that's Christmas. It's crazy, but I'm going to plan it anyway. Macy's, the department store, has a very very famous annual Thanksgiving Day parade, and Australians have stolen the show. Of course, Bluie was there, who is a global sensation.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves a bit of Bluey, but we.
Speaker 2: Were very thrilled to our girl, Kylie Minogue, Melbourne's own Kylie Minogue stratting her stuff on a float as if she was on the closing credits of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Speaker 1: Can you hear Me?
Speaker 2: One of my top five of all time? Slow what a choice.
Speaker 3: Video one not.
Speaker 2: I love the head I love she's been out of president my she goes a bit surround by anyway, I'd rather that. And there's been a lot of sort of controverte around lip syncing and all of that. She made it very clear she wasn't lip syncing. The feedback online was what Kylie is absolutely singing live. She made so we sure we knew by going, oh yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 3: New York.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who also performed at the Thanksgiving Day parade. Her name is Ariana. It's not Ariana Grande from Wicked. It's the other one from Van der Pump Rules, Oh, Arianatics Ariana Maddox And it's the saddest thing I've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 3: It sounds like karaoke.
Speaker 2: What is that backing track?
Speaker 3: Backing beat makes it even more depressing.
Speaker 2: Backing track reminds me of the Cassio keyboard I got in nineteen eighty five, you know, hit Boss and Nova. Anyway, she has released that single. It is of course he Loved Me by the Cardigans.
Speaker 6: Oh I think.
Speaker 2: It's by the Cardigans. Well no, it's Love Fool by Cardigans, Love Fools. Yeah. Anyway, it shouldn't have been covered, and it's definitely you shouldn't have been covered by her. What you need to do is google it and see the facial expressions and it's totally Young Johnny Young Talent Time School nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 4: Isn't it funny Swanny to think that she is on that stage because of scandal ole, Like that's what brought her really into the limelight, because Tom Sandoval cheated on her. And now suddenly she's singing the Cardigans at a Thanksgiving parade in New York City in one.
Speaker 2: Of the biggest global events of our time.
Speaker 3: I love Pump Rules, Come More Magic, Beautiful Weekend. What a show we had today podcasted?
Speaker 2: If you missed it, you don't want to miss it. Hugo Weaving is a gentle man. I didn't even ask you, what have you gone on for the weekend.
Speaker 4: I Am going down to celebrate my dad's birthday on the peninsula.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday, dab.
Speaker 3: What about you? Swany?
Speaker 2: Nothing fun? The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast for more great comedy shows like this head tonovapodcast dot com. Do you