Speaker 1: Live on Skeynes, Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika the Georgio.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show coming up tonight. The blatant hypocrisy of the left on full display as the fallout from the assassination of political commentator Charlie Kirk continues.
Speaker 4: Will cross to Washington.
Speaker 5: D C.
Speaker 3: For the latest as the FBI release new video.
Speaker 4: Of the suspect.
Speaker 3: Why Senator Decinta Napajm Proprice has a prime opportunity to challenge the Liberal Party to reveal its true conservative values as she moves to the backbench and the PM hands down his envoys report on Islamophobia? Why is he still conflating it with anti Semitism? But first tonight, the assassination of US political commentator Charlie Kirk has exposed the insane hypocrisy of the left, you know, the so called tolerant left, the same left to always worn about the far right, the same left to always warn about the right being so divisive and full of hate? And for what for holding mainstream views that were once never actually even considered to be controversial, Like pointing out that basic biology means there are only two genders, or that women's spaces should be protected from men. Or how about that mass migration is a problem, Or for pointing out that importing some people from countries whose values do not align with Western democracies is also a problem.
Speaker 4: Now, these are not.
Speaker 3: Far right views. They are views that you at home share. But these are views the left want silenced. And they are the same views held by Charlie Kirk, who has paid the ultimate price for daring to challenge the nutjobs. The left doesn't want a debate. They aren't tolerant at all. It's all b s. Twenty four hours after his death, we now know more about the suspect after, of course, the thirty one year old was killed by a single bullet to the neck while speaking at the Utah Valley University.
Speaker 6: This is the rooftop where the assassin fired the fatal bullet, and there he is running from left to the rights of frame. He's just fired the shot that killed Charlie Kirk, and this is his getaway. He runs to the back of the building and jumps down to the ground. Then he runs towards a nearby road and on into woodland beyond. It is video released by the FBI, along with a new set of images. This is the person of interest they want to trace.
Speaker 3: Now, the FBI is yet to name the suspect. They have confirmed though, that they are pursuing the death penalty. But Charlie Kirk was a man and ahead of his time, warning about issues that are having a huge impact on the West, including right now in Australia.
Speaker 5: Rcial battle is coming to the West and the enemies are Wokeism, re Marxism combining with Islamism to go after what we call the American way of life. And the American way of life is very simple. I want to be able to get married, buy a home, have kids, allow them to ride their bike till the sun goes down, send them to a good school, have a low crime neighborhood. Not to have my kid be taught the lesbian, gay, transgender garbage in their school.
Speaker 3: Now, there's certainly nothing far right about that, But of course we live in a world of a captured media and political sphere where debate is shut down and it's about time for the left to wake up, get off their high horses and moral superiority complexes in thinking that their opinion is not the only one that counts. Charlie Kirk's murder isn't just in a democracy or on free speech. It's an attack on the right to have a different opinion. The UK's Channel four Today even described Charlie Kirk as a far right influencer.
Speaker 7: Today America commemorates the tragedy and the terror that was nine to eleven. But after the fatal shooting of chrum Friend and far right to wing super infants of Charlie Kirk, what haunts America's domestic terror and spiraling political violence?
Speaker 3: What an absolute load of nonsense. And this is the exact problem. Just because someone holds right wing views does not make them far right.
Speaker 4: What a disgrace to his memory.
Speaker 3: What an insult to a man who was murdered in cold blood in the most horrific of circumstances for the world to see, including his wife and two children.
Speaker 4: Charlie Kirk was a Christian.
Speaker 3: He held traditional Christian values, and now suddenly being a Christian is a problem. Being a Christian is controversial, and of course we are not immune. We saw this in our own country only a few weeks ago, when tens of thousands took to the streets for the marches of Australia, and I know many of you at home attended. You are worried about mass migration when we can't get every day ossies into housing. You are worried about the types of people we're bringing into this country, some whose values do not align with ours and some who don't want to assimilate. And because a group of neo Nazis rocked up, who were booed by crowds because they were unwanted, the political class labeled those who attended the rally racist.
Speaker 1: And the tone of course of much of the rallies was unfortunate is the best way that you could put it, but hateful in some of the extreme examples.
Speaker 2: Marine Feruki will speak more about the racist overtones of these rallies.
Speaker 3: The Andy immigrant rallies on the weekend must be called out for what they are, acts of assist fear mongering and heat. I haven't seen a good fascist yet.
Speaker 8: We absolutely condemn the March for Australia rally that's going on today. It is not about increasing social harmony.
Speaker 3: Right, So every day mums and dads, every day Aussies all tarnished with the same brush, and it's the same brush. Charlie Kirk was tarnished with even after his death. This commentator in the UK Today likened him to the leader of the ku Klux Klan.
Speaker 4: I don't agree.
Speaker 6: He was a sister of the techlockeage.
Speaker 4: I believe it was a devid duke for the TikTok Each and I have some degree.
Speaker 7: He just was the former grand wizard of the Kukos Klan.
Speaker 3: So because you share a view that mass migration is a problem and that some cultures do not align with ours, then suddenly you're a Nazi. And as I said earlier, the tolerant left, it's all bs. They resort to hideous violence like what we saw yesterday, and why because there are arguments never stack up. There's a woman?
Speaker 9: What is That's a question question what.
Speaker 3: Is a woman? It's not a trick question what is a woman?
Speaker 5: You can't answer the question with the question, Yeah, define the woman without saying woman. Social you're in college paying for an education.
Speaker 3: What is a woman?
Speaker 5: You don't need media training.
Speaker 3: It's not a trick what is a woman? I mean they're obsessed, aren't they with playing the victim and are constantly tying themselves in knots of hypocrisy. You remember in twenty twenty two, a minute silence was held in US Congress after the death of George Floyd. Democrats, like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, kneeled on a marble floor for eight minutes and forty six seconds in his memory.
Speaker 4: We will now kneel for a moment of some.
Speaker 3: Yet, yesterday the Democrats refused a minute silence for Charlie Kirk, and in the EU Parliament they too wanted a pause, but the left said no.
Speaker 10: Madame President Derek Colleagues, the murderer of political activist Charlie Kirk, a husband, loving father and patriot, had shocked the world. We must strongly condemn political violence and rhetoric that incites violence. Please stand with me in reflection and prayer in his honor, and I yield the rest of my time for a moment of silence.
Speaker 11: Her Coligems, you have a correspondancey business the President and well we have discussed this, and you know that the President said no to eight minutes of silence. Yep.
Speaker 3: They can't hate conservative voices enough, not even for one day.
Speaker 4: Can they put their political views aside?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine what would have happened if this was a left wing influencer. These people are truly sick. Charlie Kirk once said the greatest threat to freedom is when people are too afraid to speak their minds.
Speaker 4: And he's not wrong.
Speaker 3: Now I think his death will only embolden those with conservative views to speak up.
Speaker 4: We should never be afraid.
Speaker 3: We need more speech, we don't need silence, because in the end, evil never wins. Charlie Kirk was a father of two young children and a husband. Today, his wife, Erica Kirk, clutched the hand of Vice President Jadie Vance's wife Usha, as her husband's body returned to Arizona and Phoenix Air Traffic Control sent this message upon landing.
Speaker 6: Parm molimentarily that deserve it.
Speaker 8: Make God bless your family.
Speaker 3: The world has lost a great man. And I'll end on this quote. If you leave your children a world where you never stood up, they'll inherit one where they can't. Joining me now four more on this from Washington, DC is Ben Leo, host of The Late Show Live on gb News. Ben, good to see you. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening. Can you firstly give us a sense of the mood in the US. More than a day after Charlie Kirk was murdered.
Speaker 12: Ah Zanika, good evening, Good evening to you guys down under. Hope you're doing okay. Look, it's been a pretty well win twenty four hours. It's a nation morning, but it's quite clear now that it's a nation divided as well. The reaction has been of sadness, of disbelief, and if you were unfortunate enough to stumble across the pretty graphic videos going around of Charlie Kirk's heinous murder yesterday, it's sort of utter shock. I mean, it's a video I wish I never saw and it's going to be imprinted on my brain for a very long time. But also on the flip side, unfortunately, as maybe you guys down under have seen today, it's also a nation that is pretty much at tens to hooks. We're at boiling point when it comes to the political divide. Tensions are so high that we've lost well, I say we, the nation, part of the nation, especially the left, the radical lunatic left, have completely lost their minds in all sense of reality when it comes to marking the death of not just a political commentation, not just somebody who was credited with getting Donald Trump elected and really galvanizing the youth vote in America. Forget all that, that's just Charlie Kirk's identity and persona. This was a loving husband and a father of two. And the very facts that many many people here this side of the pond, and indeed all across the world cannot for one day shut their jobs and pay respect to somebody who's lost their lives and maybe said a prayer for the two poor babies who have been left behind. No, no, no, they want to get out on the streets celebrate the death of Charlie Kirk because he may have said something they didn't agree with. So it's a nation divided, and it's also i'd argue, a very sick nation on the other side as well, who can't bring themselves to pay respects to a fellow's human being at the end of the day, it was so callously murdered in cold blood exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's been a disgrace, to be quite honest, to see the left's reaction to this.
Speaker 4: I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Point out, this is a man who leaves behind a wife and two little children, and the Left can't just stop for one minute and think about how they would feel if they were in the same situation.
Speaker 4: It's a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Now I want to talk about this because you interviewed Charlie Kirk on your show and I want to play to our audience a bit of what he told you. You have a listen.
Speaker 5: The question is is macro Islam compatible with Western values? Macro, of course it's not. There are three men major reasons why Islam does not believe in freedom of speech. Islam does not believe in freedom or religion, and Islam does not believe in separation of mass and stead. Those three things are antithetical to the West.
Speaker 3: Been listening to that interview, it got me thinking, I mean, the left are always warning about the you know, extreme right wing views, the extreme right, and as Charlie shared in your interview, these views they're not extreme that you know, having concerns about mass migration, or you know that there are only two genders. But the left don't want to have these conversations, do they. They're obsessed with labeling anyone who doesn't agree with them as extremists.
Speaker 12: Yeah, these ideas of oh, oh my goodness me, how radical is it that a nation wants to protect their borders. I mean something that's ten years ago. You'd ask any random person in the street who wasn't really politically engaged or watched the news. That's a normal thing to think just ten years ago. Same with mutilating children at the altar of gender ideology, or even Laura and Order defunding the police. These are absolutely insane ideas that I'd say, you know, fifteen, ten years ago, most normal people would be on boarder with they weren't extreme views.
Speaker 4: He's also accused.
Speaker 12: Charlie of being sort of homophobic or something like that because he said that, you know, he prioritizes the nuclear family structure. Again, these are just strong Christian values. Who would have thought that being a Christian is so controversial these days? You talk about migration and you say, okay, you're carrying a placard saying refugees welcome, open borders. That's fine, we've got housing criss Where do you think they may go? Very simple questions and you can see their brain going a million miles an hour in real time because their arguments come apart at the scenes and when that happens, because they've been brought up with a life that I argue being never being told no, Mummy, can I have another biscuit? No, Mummy can I.
Speaker 8: Mummy?
Speaker 12: Can I please have a new bite? Of course you can, yes, never being told no. They've grown up through an education system where they've been spoilt, been exposed to other ideas, and the very moment somebody asks a very simple question which may challenge their view of the world, their brains explode. And unfortunately, a lot of the time, if you have very, very disturbed individuals, they turn to violence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly like we've seen, you know, over the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: And how's the hypocrisy?
Speaker 3: Ben Democrats, including former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. They kneeled for over eight minutes on a marble floor back in twenty twenty for George Floyd.
Speaker 4: I mean this vision, you can't make it up.
Speaker 3: Yet the Dems could not even pause for a minute's silence for Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 13: Have a look at this, Please rise for a moment of prayer for Charlie Kirk and his family. Let's let's let's wait a minute, wait a minute. The house will be in an order. The house will be an order. We will join for prayer. Rate after this, okay, the House will be in order.
Speaker 3: I just find an extraordinary bend that even after somebody whose views that they don't agree with have been murdered in the most horrific of circumstances, none of them can show compassion. What does this say about the Democrats?
Speaker 12: I mean, what does it say about the Democrats? What did to say about the left in general? I mean they for some reason that the left fifteen years ago used to be left of censer.
Speaker 5: They have gone so far left.
Speaker 12: There's a reason President Donald Trump calls them the lunatic radical left. They've lost all sense of humanity, a point I touched out at the start of our conversation. And I think it's got a lot to do with faith. Actually, I'm not massively religious. I got married in the church. I believe in Jesus Christ. I wouldn't say I'm a Christian, though maybe some people would say I am. But I think they've got no concept of their own consciousness, their own divinity, and what it means to be on this earth. I think they lack human empathy and human connection. But when we are living in a day and age where the left can't debate and they resort to violence is to carry on doing what Charlie Kirk did. He called himself the happy warrior. He debated these people, he shared ideas, He maybe opened their mind to the possibility that they may be wrong, or there may be other answers to their questions. He did it with a smile, with a right smile, sometimes with a joke. He never tried to make his opponents feel stupid or belittled, and that's what he did best. And people couldn't handle that. When you kill him with kindness, they can't handle it. And I'd argue it's the demon inside, especially if you're a god loving man like Charlie Kirk was. The demon inside them simply can't handle it. But the best thing we can do is to continue the fight with the smile, prove them wrong with ideas and debates, and never never sup to their level of violence and evil.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I agree, We've got to keep talking about these issues because in the end, evil never wins no matter what, ben Leo are. You're absolutely wonderful. I so appreciate your time. Thank you very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. Actually soon, Well, let's return to issues, back home now.
Speaker 3: Senator just said to sent a Nampajimpa Price has a prime opportunity now to challenge the Liberal Party to reveal its true conservative.
Speaker 4: Values from the back bench.
Speaker 3: The way she was treated this week after comments on Indian migrants, in my view, was an absolute disgrace. This is a strong politician, a woman who single handedly helped get the no vote over the line in the Voice referendum at a woman who stands up for this country. Yet she was abandoned this week by some members of her own party. One by one, MPs came out and apologized to the Indian community on her behalf. Now sure she made a mega blunder by not publicly backing her own leader in Susan Lee. It cost her her spot on the front bench. I said it earlier this week. Her comments were clumsy in singling out Indian migrants, But did she have to apologize for them?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I am still trying to understand why this was such an offense. There's nothing racist in noting that labourlike high immigration because they believe it gives them an electoral advantage. High migration suits labor politically and it's the only thing propping up our Ponzi scheme economy.
Speaker 4: So how on earth is a Liberal Party now.
Speaker 3: Going to be able to have a proper debate on migration when as soon as Labor says boo on racism they run for the hills. Andrew Hasty, who will no doubt lead the Liberal Party one day, suggested this week that this whole saga has been mishandled by leader Susan Lee.
Speaker 12: Didn't have to get to this point, but what is done is done, it can't be undone and we've just got to move forward.
Speaker 3: Some Liberal MPs have also publicly shown their hands backbench at Tony Pasen told The Australian, my office has been inundated by party members who have expressed dismay at the decision to dump Senator Price to the backbench, many of whom have asked for advice on how they can provide their feedback and when asked if Miss Lee hand or mishandled the situation, he said yes. Liberal Senator Alex Antik said Jacinta is a strong and principled leader who should be encouraged.
Speaker 4: To speak her mind.
Speaker 3: We are not going to win the next election by running at the first sniff of grape shot and well, look they out wrong?
Speaker 4: Are they? What a shame?
Speaker 3: There are only a handful of politicians who say it like it is, like just into nampagen for Price. We need voices like that in this country. Like Nigel Faraj is in the UK, and I wonder he's doing well in the polls because when he speaks on immigration, for example, he does it without fear or favor. He even said voters trust him on it when I interviewed him this week on Paul Murray Live.
Speaker 8: A lot of our population are just saying enough enough of this woke rubbish.
Speaker 14: We actually want a government that protects our borders and what's the interest of our people's first.
Speaker 3: Moderates don't win elections in my view, just intera nampajmper Price can out go to the back bench and she can say whatever the heck she wants, and boy I hope she does. Let's go straight to Shadow Cabinet Secretary Andrew Wallace.
Speaker 4: Now, Andrew, thanks for your time. Let's start with this.
Speaker 3: Some conservatives have cast doubt now over Susan Lee's leadership following this whole saga.
Speaker 4: She's maintained that it's not under threat.
Speaker 3: Do you support her.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, I support Susan Lee's leadership, Danika. Look, unless someone's prepared to put their name to those sort of reports, I think we can treat them with the contempt that they deserve.
Speaker 3: So you're backing her. You think that everything was handled this week?
Speaker 4: Correct? What about Justinta Nampa Jimpur price?
Speaker 3: Was the right decision made there that she simply had to go.
Speaker 4: To the back bench?
Speaker 14: Well, Denika, when you serve on the front bench, whether it be government or opposition, we have hundreds of years of Westminster president that says if you can't support the leader of the party, then you shouldn't be on the front bench. This decision should have come as no surprise to anybody, least of all to Jacintha. If she can't openly declare her confidence and supporting the leader, then you can't remain on the front bench.
Speaker 3: It's as simple as that. Is a Liberal party in disarray, sorry I said, is a Liberal party right now in complete disarray?
Speaker 14: Look, I don't believe so. These things are always challenging. Opposition is challenging. There are clearly people who nobody is happy in opposition in the Liberal Party. But we need to ensure that we are representing our electorates and taking the fight to labor. You know that the one thing that the greatest thing that concerns me out of all of this is that the Prime Minister has had a week where he's been basically being able to cruise. We have to return to our main focus and that is to keep the government to account and that's what we'll be doing.
Speaker 3: You know, Look, I do agree with you there that Olbow has been had free reign this week. I mean, he went on a sex and dating podcast for goodness sake, but he's been allowed to talk about himself. Look, let's move on because the US President Donald Trump has praised Anthony Albanezi, calling him a good man.
Speaker 4: Have a listen at this.
Speaker 5: How was your call with the Italian Prime ministerot, how is your call with the Italian minister?
Speaker 3: We've been a good laugh.
Speaker 11: Do you think he's a good parent?
Speaker 3: Well I do.
Speaker 1: I've had respectful relations with President Trump.
Speaker 10: We have.
Speaker 1: Had four discussions that have been really warm. The last one was just Ober a week ago. I look forward to continuing engage with the United States.
Speaker 4: Well, Andrew, it's all very pleasant, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yet still no sign of an official face to face meeting.
Speaker 14: What's been three hundred and ten days now since the President took office and still no face to face meeting. Yes, they've had some phone calls, but the reality is Orcus is still a big question mark and the trade deals tariffs that the Australians are now going to be facing. The Prime Minister needs to pony up here. He needs to get a face to face meeting, not just at a sideline at the UN General Assembly. He needs a decent face to face meeting with the President. They're our most important security partner. Yet the Prime Minister seems to be wanting to do everything but meet with The Prime Minister is more busy trying to criticize the US than trying to meet with the US President.
Speaker 4: No, I look, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: I've got to say before we let you go that the beach looks nice behind you tonight, Andrew. I can tell you now, Damika it's cool then.
Speaker 4: What it looks like? All right, So no dip for you this evening. None of the it looks really lovely.
Speaker 3: Andrew Wallace, appreciate your time as always, Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Well let's talk more broadly now about migration. Obviously it's a big topic. We've been talking about it every day this week. Joining me is Macro Business chief economist Leith van Nonslin Lee, thanks for joining me based on the saga that we've seen them play out in the Liberal Party this week, someone like yourself you strongly advocate for lowering migration. How confident are you that we will actually get a proper debate a debate we so desperately need on big Australia.
Speaker 8: Look, I'm not very confident at all, Danika. There's been a conspiracy of silence around immigration, let's be real, for decades, and virtually every opinion poll over the past decade or so EU strains do not support high levels of immigration or a big Australia. Yet politicians continue to shove it down our throats, and the left leading media and some politicians they always play the racism card whenever someone likes like me or anybody else suggests that we should have lower immigration. So I'm not that hopeful unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's never racist to have a proper discussion. It doesn't mean you're anti migration. It just means we have to have a serious chat about lowering migration. And you know we've been talking about a population plan, which we desperately need. If you were put in charge, what would you recommend? Where do we even start?
Speaker 8: Okay, So what I do is I would immediately call for a plebiscite on Australia's future population to be held at the next election. And so you know, it is the democratic thing to do to allow Australians to basically vote on how big they want Australia become, say by twenty fifty, and then the government could then use those results of the plebiscite to calibrate the migration system intake against the agreed population levels. That's what I do, call for an immediate population pleba site.
Speaker 3: Now, look, something needs to happen. I think that's a fair point. And even last week Labor announced that Australia's permanent migrant intake would be maintained at this historically high level of one hundred and eighty five thousand leaf so that there's no plans at all, no plans to cap migration of this government laid on the line, what does this mean for the country.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it's important to know that that one hundred and eighty five thousand. Permanent migrant intake is only the family stream and the skilled screen. On top of that as another twenty thousand humanitarian migrants we take every year, and there's also around thirty thousand net kiwis who come to Australia who can live here permanently, So the real permanent figure is two hundred and thirty five thousand, and that's coincidentally exactly what the Center for Population's long run projections are for Australias net overseas migration for the next forty years. And then, of course we've got the temporary migrants, whose numbers grown by seven hundred and fifty thousand since Labor came to office, and the Albanese government last month mentioned that they're going to raise the student intake by another twenty five thousand. So the upshot of all this Danika is that immigration is going to remain high, which means that the housing and infrastructure problems in our major cities are going to remain unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this is Labour's big Australia and it was interestingly because you wrote this week about how the solution to Australia's rental crisis has been played out in real time in Canada. So what can we learn.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so, just like in Australia, rents in Canada sowed unbelievable levels in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three in response to Canada's largest ever influx of migrants, so they had an absolutely massive immigration boom like US. But mid last year, the Canadian government actually imposed a three year freeze on Canada's population growth. And the plans work, so the Canada's seen heaps of temporary migrants go home and Canada's population growth is flatlined. And as a result of this population growth flat line, in Canada's actually seen eleven consecutive months of falling rents. So Canada has basically in the process of solving its rental crisis by effectively freezing the population, not allowing the population to grow, letting housing catch up. And as a result, rents are now falling and the vacancy rate is rising.
Speaker 10: And what this.
Speaker 8: Tells you is that for Australia, the solution to our rental crisis is to obviously slow population growth to a level that is below the nation's ability to build housing infrastructure. If we do that, we'll actually solve the rentals and if we don't do that, the rental crisis is going to continue. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: Well, the real time solutions are out there, just look overseas exactly. Leith ban Oncelm good to see, Thanks as always for coming on the show. We're coming up after the break. The Prime Minister hands down his envoys report on is Lamophobia Why is he still conflating it with anti Semitism?
Speaker 4: Plus animal rights group.
Speaker 3: Peter calls on a pub to boycott meat for goodness sake. All that are more with my panel. Next welcome back to the program. Joining me now is New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahalick and former New South Wales Police Minister.
Speaker 4: David Elliott Hid. Both of you, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 3: Look, I want to get your reaction first of course, to the political assassination of Charlie Kirk this week. David, it's been an awful twenty four hours. What do you make firstly of the left's reaction and the response that we've seen from the left on this. I mean the hypocrisy I feel is on sheer display.
Speaker 9: Well, it's disgusting and I have been amused by the fact that this is a political movement that is opposed to gun violence and opposed to guns, but they're quite happy to celebrate when one of them is used for a political assassination. They're prepared to say that. You know, the right are terrible because they restrict freedom of speech by not allowing us to protest, but they celebrate a man who was exercising his freedom of speech and shot. There is no I mean, I can't fathom the conservatives in the Western world behaving this way if somebody like Hillary Clinton died, or if somebody like Tony Blair died. So it does show and it's very unhealthy because what will happen now is the crazy right wingers will use this as an excuse to further their own sometimes radical agenda.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that is a good point.
Speaker 3: But what do you think, Tanya, what will happen now with the conservative movement? Do you think this will only just in Bolden, you know, voices like ours are to keep speaking.
Speaker 2: I think it will in bold of them. I think, look as cruel fate will have it. Charlie Kirk, the very symbol of vitality and youth in America's aspirational youth will be forever young. And I think it's such a tragedy and it's got to be said because you know, it's hope dashed, so much potential, unrealized potential with him. I mean there was talk all week, you know, in the last few days that he could have been a potential president down the track. So it is such a tragedy. And I think it's going to take not just days and weeks and months, but a very long time for particularly young people butt conservatives as well, to come together again.
Speaker 3: And they will.
Speaker 2: They will come back and remain in bold and I think turning point, his own organizations come out and said they'll continue to, you know, to be here the legacy that Charlie Kirk had and continue to talk to young people. And it's so important that political discourse is not stifled as a result. That's a bigger issue. I agree, people stop rallying, will people stop coming together and talking on issues. The worst thing we could see happen out of these is that everyone goes back indoors, stops communicating, stops talking.
Speaker 4: Because what he did was so important for.
Speaker 2: Young people in particularly for aspirational merrit we can't.
Speaker 4: Be silent about this.
Speaker 3: As simple as that, the left love to science debate will certainly not be silenced. Now, look, let's talk about the opposition leader, Susan Lee sacking just Cinta Napagin for price this week, for her comments on India migration and for failing to endorse her leadership. David, did she have any choice? Did you do the right thing?
Speaker 9: Well, she did have to sack Cinta, as tragic as that is, And your latter point was the reason why she was sacked. I mean, yes, she said the wrong thing and the apology was half winded. But when Cinta unfortunately said the leadership of Susan Lee is a matter of the party room, that's like saying that you know the coach has the full confidence of the board, or yes, I will respect you in the morning. I mean that is that's the last line you make in that position. Now, I think that she will be back, and I think that Susan Lee wants her to come back. It's stage she's too much of a vote magnet. But I mean, I think Justinta's big problem this week was her failure to endorse Susan Lee as the leader of the Liberal Party. I think everything else she could have she could have batted on through well.
Speaker 3: I just think that just sent an amajinba Price. Tania is a true leader and I think she she's one of a very small handful of politicians who says it like it is.
Speaker 4: And then that's why I think a lot of Ossie's.
Speaker 3: Do like her, because she's got a backbone, she's got a spine, and she stands up for Australian values.
Speaker 4: But what do you think happens next year?
Speaker 2: Your dissenter is somebody who's so incredibly authentic and really does connect with ordinary Australians. And I've seen her at some events and people love her, they love talking to her, they do connect with her. And look, she's got somebody.
Speaker 3: She's got ten times more.
Speaker 2: Followers and supporters than Susan Lane.
Speaker 3: What does that tell you.
Speaker 2: I think this is a problem for Susan Lane, and I think the way she handled this week was a problem too. She had the opportunity to apologize to the Indian Australian community straight away, she did need to wait for dissenter. That was the real issue for her. I think her statement of having a Melbourne Cup field of reasons as to why she got rid of Jacenta was appalling the fact that she put the issue about the Indian Australian community. But then also she was offended as well well, which issue is that you're sacking to center price on which one?
Speaker 3: And the problem for the Liberal.
Speaker 2: Party right now is she was invited to be part of the Liberal Party to Center Price, she's an asset. They've got to manage this and provide the necessarious support they need to keep her going because otherwise, I think Matt Canavan and the Nats are going to welcome her back with open arms. I think they'd love to have her back in the National Party. The National Party, and we know, allows a lot more independent thought and discussion than the Liberal Party.
Speaker 4: The liber Party is seemed to be wanted to.
Speaker 2: Follow the Labor Party's playbook, and that is about stifling debate and keeping people.
Speaker 3: She knows what they stand for right now, so while she's on the backbend, she can say whatever the heck she wants. And I'm sure that she certainly well yeah, absolutely. Now, look, the Prime minist has been conflating anti Semitism with Islamophobia since October seven, twenty three, and today his Special Envoy for Islamophobia handed down his report.
Speaker 1: Have a look the targeting of Australians based on their religious beliefs is not only an attack on them, but it's an attack on our core values them.
Speaker 6: A favorite Register has recorded a one hundred and fifty percent increase and verified in person islamophobic incidents by November twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: David, why is Labour still conflating these two issues.
Speaker 9: Well, you're quite right to question that, and I think the fact that we're singling out one faith over all the other faiths is racist. I think what we should be saying is why do we have faith based racism in this country? Why are the Hindus getting chastised by other faiths? Why are Muslims Jews orthodox? Well, I mean every religious faith in Australia at the moment is under attack, and so what they need to do is make sure that they reach out to all of them and say faith based discrimination is not is not allowed in this country under the under under any circumstances. But highlighting one over the other makes those that are victims of discrimination and race based hatred that aren't being represented in this sort of presentation, feel that they're not going to be part of Australia and that's what causes terrorism undert me tell you is a former count of Terrorism minister. We push these people into feeling into inter feeling completely removed from Australian society and that's when they that's when the extremists get howhold of them and they push them into extremist views and they do extremist things. And so highlighting one person one faith over another is very very dangerous because it's the faiths that we lead aside and we ignore and we don't we don't embrace that are the ones that are going to be created will be the next round of extremist behavior.
Speaker 4: Look, I think that's a real fair point. I guess you know.
Speaker 3: My thing about this, Tanya, is that we're seeing anti Semitism on a daily basis. We've got Jewish Australians scared all the time, and yet Labor haven't done anything to help the Jewish community realistically since October sevent twenty twenty three. But suddenly we've got this Islamophobia report as.
Speaker 4: Well, and now where are the priorities? It's all optics for alb and easy.
Speaker 2: We know this, and it's interesting because there's fifty four recommendations coming out of this report today. I'd be interested to see how many of the Labor Party are really going to put through. And one of them is to actually have religious freedom laws in Australia, which is not going to go down that much. And where is the report for the Christians who are also being attacked in Australia. I mean, where's the inquiry into that. I mean, like I got to tell you, you know, none of this comes out well when we look at one group over another. And I think, and you're right about anti Semitism, because it is alive and well across parts of Australia and certainly parts of Sydney. I represented a community that had a very large Islamic community for many, many years. I actually never had anyone raise his Lamophobia to me personally, So that tells you a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm not questioning that there might be some instances around, but I would have to say in recent news, you'd have to think there are a lot more anti Semitic sometimes than any other incidences at this point in time, particularly since the hostage crisis, and particularly given that you've got these non stop rallies and protests and people sort of igniting with about that is making people very nervous. What's our Australian community is doing well?
Speaker 4: It's going to be another big weekend.
Speaker 3: Actually, you've got Melbourne, they've got violent they've got possible violent clashes this weekend, Anti immigration, Socialist Network and pro Palatine Palestine groups to hit the streets. So it's going to be a fascinating weekend. We've got to leave it there.
Speaker 4: We're at a time.
Speaker 3: Tanya Mahalk David Elliott, good to see you both. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Coming up after the break live to London as the UK's ambassador to the US is sacked for his close relationship to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 4: That's next.
Speaker 3: Come back or UK Prime Minister Kirs Starmer has sacked Britain's ambassador to the US after emails.
Speaker 4: Appeared to show a close relationship.
Speaker 3: Between him and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. It comes just twenty four hours after Starmer publicly backed Peter Mandelson. Joining me now from London is Samara Gill, a host of Triggered with Samara Gill. Good to see you again. Thanks so much for joining me. This sounds like an absolute mess.
Speaker 4: Lovely to be back, Danika.
Speaker 15: Honestly, Kis Starmer will go down in history, as you know, the worst political judgment ever for a Labor prime minister, or any prime minister for that matter, of the United Kingdom. He has had a terrible, terrible past few weeks. Just last week he had to force our deputy leader out for tax dodging, and now this week with Lord Mandelsson, the person who holds the highest diplomatic office in the land has also had to be sacked because emails revealed his extremely close relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. I mean they were quote unquote best pals. This is an absolute scandal. His nickname in Westminster was Prince of Darkness, which should have told Kiss Starmer everything that he needed to know before he appointed him as the US ambassador. But clearly this man's judgment doesn't go anywhere. I mean, these emails are very nefarious. It's sort of him sending love and support to Jeffrey after hisophil pedophilic convictions and also saying we will support you through this, and then trying to advise him on how to get a lesser sentence.
Speaker 3: This is really really.
Speaker 15: Nefarious, and the question is why was he even there in the first place, Because he's been tied to Epstein for years. People know about him flying on the Lolita Express, the jets, the parties.
Speaker 3: The photos.
Speaker 15: So the fact that Starmer was defending him just twenty four hours ago having to sack him shows our government in complete disarray. I mean, you do say that smart men are inherently stupid.
Speaker 4: Well that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, what an absolute mess and just such a poor political judgment. But I guess we aren't surprised when it comes to the UK's Prime minister, are we.
Speaker 4: Now. Look, we've got to talk about Prince Harry.
Speaker 3: I know, just before we came on air, he just landed in Ukraine on this unannounced visit after being invited there by the government. But this comes a day after he met with his father, King Charles for the first time in nineteen months in London, Samara. The pair shared tea at Clarence House during a visit which lasted forty five minutes. My question would be, Samara, Harry couldn't even spare any more time for his father forty five minutes after one and a half years.
Speaker 15: I'll tell you why. I'll tell you the real reason. It's all a pr stunt. I mean him and Megan had this really flash new up team over in la who are trying to make all these meetings happen. I mean this Ukraine thing, I hate to say, but I think it's also tied to that. I mean, this is a man who pines on about how unsafety feels and how he needs the British taxpayer to pay for his security, but he's very happy to reveal about his twenty five Taliban killings in his book that he got a book deal for, and then very happy to jet over to Ukraine. So this is a man who clearly doesn't care about his safety. It's just about his victim complex and his meeting with the King.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 15: I mean, I think that it was a symbolic gesture to say, hey, I'm back in with the royal family. Public don't take me for a full But no.
Speaker 4: One's falling for it.
Speaker 15: I mean, Harry is really really deep in trouble at the moment, even financially. I mean, we know that Megan's jam failed to sell out her Season two of her cooking show was an absolute disaster. And this man, I think will be asking Dad for a little bit more money very very quickly. I only see bad things on the horizon. And I think also he's trying to get back in with the King because he knows he'll never.
Speaker 3: Be able to get back in with William. That's never going to happen.
Speaker 15: So once that door is closed, and unfortunately the King passes, I don't think there's any chance of him getting back into the fold.
Speaker 3: No, which, you know what, He's done it to himself, so and so was Meghan. So clearly Meghan has got Harry exactly where she wants him. And yeah, forty five minutes, gee, especially after you know the King had cancer, has cancer.
Speaker 4: It's shocking. Samara, girl, We've got to leave it there.
Speaker 3: Good to see you as always, Thanks so much for joining me on the show. Coming up after the break, the winners and losers of the week, including the croc wrestling tourist and a couple shares the secret to marriage on their seventieth anniversary.
Speaker 4: That's next, Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers and helping me to do that is Lisa Goddard from a Doni Media. Lisa, thank you so much for you' only me good to see you. Now we'll just speaking about this and your winner this week is Prince Harry doing all the right things for a change.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Look, I know you just described it as a pr trip and no doubt it was, but you would have to say it is a pr win.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 11: He saw him out there playing the Royal pantomime part, the part that he was born to play, smiling, smiling for the crowds, receptions, saying all of the right things. When he was asked about his dad, he said he's great, and like last time where he said, well, I don't know how much longer he has got to go. So I think Prince Harry is very much out there trying to rebuild his image, and based on the four days that he's just spent in the UK, I think he's done an okay job. Interestingly, they're saying that he's been told that they won't be background in the media. The question will be whether his dear wife can keep her mouth shut and not pass on information and see a money opportunity in this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's actually a really good point. I'm sure she will. I mean that she's out there in Montecido's probably, you know, conjuring up a plan, or maybe she's looking to sell it or mentioning on one her other shocking series.
Speaker 4: Now, look, I had to give my winner.
Speaker 3: This week to Adelaide lovebirds Robert and Vera Bird, who was celebrating their seventieth wedding anniversary. This is their platinum milestone, and they had some simple words of wedded wisdom. Have I listened?
Speaker 1: He forgives me if I do something wrong, and I forgether, have he does something wrong?
Speaker 10: We just just.
Speaker 15: Carried on, never go to bed with an argument.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: Live together and do things together.
Speaker 1: We've been together all the time, and we do everything together.
Speaker 3: I just think, Lisa, that is just so beautiful, the two of them holding hands talking about you know what the secret.
Speaker 4: To a successful marriage is?
Speaker 3: That you're about to get married to my co host James McPherson.
Speaker 4: Maybe do you take some inspiration from that?
Speaker 11: Well, Deniko, I think he's actually watching this. Help Hopefully he's listening to that. Never go to bed angry is the one piece of advice I've heard from the number of stories I've done with couples who have made it to these great milestones, they've all said exactly the same thing. But can I add to this, back when they were married, think about it, how much how much change they've seen in that time. But back then they were lucky if they had a TV when they started out, then it was the point of no, you get up and change a TV channel, not me. And then they've survived their argument about remote controls, so they clearly have some very good negotiating skills built in there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. All it takes, I feel like, is basic communication. I just thought what a beautiful couple are and it just makes me feel just so good. Now, your loser of the week is a croc wrestling tourist. Have a look at this.
Speaker 1: You got a good piece of my arm there.
Speaker 7: Look at that guy.
Speaker 2: This is what dreams are made of this.
Speaker 9: As a kid, I wanted to come to Australia and just look at crocodiles.
Speaker 1: Can me get my hand out and see him up clothes?
Speaker 3: Oh gee, how's that? Leysay? He's got it? Well, I looked at this.
Speaker 11: He calls himself the real Tazan and he's got more than fifteen million followers and that video alone has so at one point seven million likes. What it's caused quite astir You've got Peter arguing that.
Speaker 3: He's unfathomably stupid.
Speaker 11: You've got the premiere here in Queensland saying he's a goose and he's facing a fine of up to thirty seven thousand dollars, calls for him to be kicked out of the country, never allowed back.
Speaker 3: And what triggered my.
Speaker 11: Interest in this is remember back in March where we had the US influencer who picked up that baby wombat. Back then we had even the PM buying into this. So it'll be interesting it happened in the past week. It'll be interesting to see who else jumps on this bandwagon. But really it's quite disgraceful. Is in it only for the clicks?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, I forgot about that wombat saga where you know the Prime Minister couldn't speak about anti Semitism, couldn't speak about it, the cost of living crisis, but the wombat was his number one topic of the day. Gosh, how can I forget?
Speaker 11: Look mate, give him another talking point?
Speaker 3: Well that's it. Yeah, Well, if he's not appearing on sex and dating podcasts as well, he's talking about wombats.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Actually, my loser of the week, Lisa, is Anthony Alberizi, because look at this yesterday, He's gone to the Pacific Islands Forum. He's over in the Pacific at the moment, and he's rocked up in this bright pink Hawaiian shirt when he's meant to be in the navy shirt worn by the other members there. How embarrassing. I don't know how that's happened. So he basically he's had to leave the Pacific Islands conference, only to return sometime later. There he is in the actual correct item of clothing. How does something like this happen?
Speaker 11: Denika? Could you imagine being the media advisor in the background, and what happened once he scampered off to find the right shirt, Like seriously, the pink shirt, that's that's something you wouldn't even wear to a Barley cocktail party. So it was horrendous in itself, But he was meant to be there representing unity and he's stuck out like a sore thumb, like talk about the odd man out. So look, it was a massive we call it the wardrobe malfunction. We've seen it on TV networks. Don't dare turn up looking the same. You're a jacket gate. Not a good look for the PM.
Speaker 3: Not a good look. You're right. I mean, you just wouldn't wear that to a backyard barbie. You wouldn't wear it in general. I don't know how that happened. I don't know who's advising.
Speaker 4: It's the memo.
Speaker 3: Shocking, shocking. Lisa Godard, good to see you. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this week.