Speaker 1: Guys, Just before we get started, we have some exciting news.
Speaker 2: You can join us for our first ever live podcast recording, and it's on Sunday, the fifteenth of December at two pm at the Apple Store on George Street in Sydney.
Speaker 3: We'll be sharing yarns about the importance of storytelling.
Speaker 1: As you know, we love a good yarn and the power of podcasting.
Speaker 2: And we would love for you to come along, so make sure you register. We have the link in our bios, on our social media pages or in the show notes.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Welcome to first things First, I'm brook Blotting. My pronouns are.
Speaker 4: She and her, I Maddie Miles.
Speaker 2: My pronouns are he and him. And before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodiums of the land of which we record and for us both it is the getting coal people of the urination.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've got a really exciting episode ahead. Let's get into it.
Speaker 5: Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, my god, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm already. I'm already.
Speaker 4: I am fucking.
Speaker 2: Thrilled that Luke and Sassy Scott are on our pod.
Speaker 6: What the fuck.
Speaker 1: I feel like sas is Scott now is just like it like, it's not Scott, It's it's Sassy Scott.
Speaker 7: Should we start into it straight away? So I got introduced to them. They're like, hello, mister Scott, and I'm like, no, I'm looking. They're like, yeah, but you soon named Scott.
Speaker 6: I think his name Sassy Scott.
Speaker 3: That is hilarious.
Speaker 4: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about like where you grew up. You grew up in you know, a bit of a rough suburb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did you guys grow up?
Speaker 8: So we grew up in a place called mill Park here in Melbourne. I kind of say that Milpark is and everyone that lives there.
Speaker 4: Probably like fucking hates me.
Speaker 8: But then again, I am going to one day, like like take it to a petition to have like a really dodgy, ugly statue made of me and Luke and put it up at the local shops there.
Speaker 4: It will happen one day.
Speaker 5: But mild chopped off.
Speaker 4: And drew on the forehead. It's home.
Speaker 8: Mom and dad still lived there, half my best friends and everyone still lives there.
Speaker 4: But you know, I say, once you get out, you don't go back.
Speaker 2: When I go home to my community, right, like in Cold al Tenworth, it's the rough, it's the wrong side of the tracks, it's the Black Fellow community. My family all still lived there. But back in the day, I used to find that I wasn't scared or I didn't feel unsafe. But now that I like am not like there all the time. When I go back, I'm like, I'm locking the doors, like I feel a little bit like have I like just come too far over here to like not like feel safe anymore. I don't know what it is, but you know, when you're from there and you're living there, it's a different thing. You walk around the streets, you don't care. It's like the middle of the night, who cares. But now when I go back, I'm very cautious.
Speaker 4: Is that like park you walk home in the middle of the road.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, that's yeah, that's what you did, so then you had more time to run if somebody kind of jumped out of you.
Speaker 5: But Luke and I had it so confused. I've never left the house.
Speaker 4: What I didn't walk on the foot path.
Speaker 8: But Luke wise and very different people obviously, but was a fucking nerd and he never left the house.
Speaker 4: Because he was so scared of I guess the stories I would.
Speaker 7: Tell the vow my personality was what education Scotts was very different.
Speaker 2: So before like you guys went viral on social media for your incredible dynamic as brothers, what was your relationship like before that?
Speaker 6: Was it always like this?
Speaker 5: No, I feel like the family's always been like that.
Speaker 7: The only difference is we see a lot more of each other, which is infuriating us now. But our relationship hasn't changed. But he ever said I love you, Timmy. Why would I give it a crack?
Speaker 3: Give it a crack, just say it?
Speaker 8: Luke and I I I'm like a bit of a dance monkey, like I love to entertain.
Speaker 4: It's like a natural thing inside of me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And Luke used to and still does, is able to bring out certain sides of me.
Speaker 4: Right, and we would be bored.
Speaker 8: And I don't really want to go there because I don't want to talk about it and I don't want him to be leaked online.
Speaker 5: From now, I've got them all in private.
Speaker 8: We used to have a private YouTube account before YouTube and that was anything. I would have been like fifteen years old old something, right, and Luke used to go, hey, Delta Gooderms come out with a new song. Why don't you pretend to be her biggest fan and react to her film clip?
Speaker 6: I can still here it's sitting on top of.
Speaker 4: The so he'd record me.
Speaker 8: I'd react and I'd be crying and I'd be jumping, and I'd be like, oh my god, it's amazing. And now as a thirty eight year old man, I'm like, if those videos ever get fucking leaked, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Where are they here in the archives.
Speaker 5: Sitting on top waiting on the work.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that wasn't that long ago, maybe like ten years ago.
Speaker 8: That's what it would have been. So our whole entire life, we've always been doing this. So it's just so bizarre that when it took off and it's still doing it, we haven't changed with the world around us kind of has.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I love your content. I've always loved it from the start, and I still do.
Speaker 1: Like I know when Luke gets under your skin, Scott, because that's the same feeling I get from my brothers, and I'm like, ah, but it's so funny to watch because it's like, I don't.
Speaker 8: Know sibling relationships is a universal language.
Speaker 4: So you know, we've got people from Peru that message us.
Speaker 8: Right even at the start, we had people that were in bunkers in the Ukraine when the war started breaking out that were like saying, thank you so much for entertaining our family whilst we're going through this, and it just we've learned that our dynamic, the way we speak to one another and the way we engage, like we.
Speaker 5: Understand it's so toxic before.
Speaker 7: Sibling relationships is somewhat okay, and everyone approuves like, yeah, if I spoke.
Speaker 8: To anybody else away, I talk to Luke right, like call fucking DHS or the cops, right.
Speaker 6: But because I do, and they say stop calling with.
Speaker 8: Her, it's a brother it's encouraged and it's so accepted, and we say it says more about the people that follow us, and it does us.
Speaker 2: But it's like a glimpse into like what what's happening in our own worlds, you know, but you're sharing it with the world. But look, I want to ask, like, when you think about, you know, pulling a prank on Scott, is it is it just like an idea that comes to mine that I'm going to go with it or do you ever run things past each other before the fact, I.
Speaker 7: Haven't really done too many pranks for a while, right, But when I was really going hard on him, no not happening.
Speaker 4: What is that stuck to my fucking cap?
Speaker 7: My day?
Speaker 5: But I care get up.
Speaker 7: I had a kid, You're not an exile spreadsheet where one day I reckon. I sat there for two hours and wrote. So nearly every video you've seen I probably wrote in that two hour period, and I've still got probably there's probably like fifty still on the list that I never got to. And I just would constantly then manifest that in my head, like what it would look like, how I would go about it. So each idea would just have like the title, but I would know like how I would do it exactly before going in.
Speaker 8: And what a lot of people don't know is Luke would like, grim me o.
Speaker 4: Your work, like before he would do and a prank.
Speaker 8: He would pour out orange juice and leave it spilt on the kitchen bench and go to work, and I.
Speaker 4: Would wake up and I'd be like, the fuck's.
Speaker 8: This guy done? And so he would just be intentionally getting under my skin and being intentional with everything he's doing around me that by the time he did one of these pranks, I was fucking ready to start throwing punches, Like you know.
Speaker 7: The thing I always like had as my motto as well, like that to be like if you even if you go back. They're very basic pranks, like it would be like put a wet towel on the couch, like stuff you would do growing up that you would piss your parents off, that it would work for Scott. So it's never anything this big elaborate thing. It was just knowing you just pop off at me and.
Speaker 3: Scott, have you ever got Luke good.
Speaker 5: Comes with intelligence?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I haven't not yet?
Speaker 7: I would die like I go quiet, like me reacting to something with me and shiit video.
Speaker 6: I'll just go mute.
Speaker 4: Litter things Luke gets.
Speaker 8: Luke gets quite embarrassed easily, and he gets really clammy And right now, mynds, Luke just looks at me and gives me like a death stare, like help, help, help. And there's a big EmPATH in me that when people need help or support, I just fucking I charge in. So I need to like kind of unlearn in myself that when Luke is looking at me for help one day and it's like on the global stage, that's my moment to go. No, I'm watch him, just buckle.
Speaker 1: What's something that people don't really know about you guys?
Speaker 8: I think the biggest thing that probably people don't know And I'm gonna, I'm gonna to go with this on. We have somebody that works with us who we have brought in as our HR and comms consultant. This person helps be mine and Luke's buffer of how we talk to each other and how we talk to other people.
Speaker 5: So next time you want to call Scott and yality, maybe.
Speaker 4: Call me first.
Speaker 8: And you know, because you know, we've become a business, it's become a company. We've both left our full time roles for this and we're very fortunate.
Speaker 4: We're aware of it.
Speaker 8: And you don't fucking miss your target when you get one shot, right, So we have really taken this on. It's unexpected, but we're not missing our shot. And so Luke and I and our relationship with each other and others around us sometimes has taken.
Speaker 4: A really big strain. And you know, my previous career, you.
Speaker 8: Got consultants or experts in to do their job to help your business or team grow better. So we've brought somebody in that's actually the buffer between Luke and I. They helped me and him kind of communicate with one another when shit's really hit in the fucking fan, but then also with other people around us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well it is a business, right, and I think you know, yeah, you guys did get sort of thrusted into this world. And then if you didn't have any intentions of like it it being your full time job, be like, oh shit, okay, because I felt like also making that leap of becoming like a full time creator was scary.
Speaker 3: You have to kind of treat it like a business.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's fine if you're doing it by yourself, but when you're so close to someone and it's business and also your you know, your personal relationship, Yeah, I can imagine that that'd be fucking tricky.
Speaker 4: To that Nabitka.
Speaker 7: That was a hard thing to accept as well, Like when it was all blowing up and then seeing it as potential of business one day and I don't even know who it was who pushed that harder. At the time, I knew the accounts were getting big, but I still didn't ever think when they did get big, that we would be working for this full time.
Speaker 8: So look only left his role this year. He's full time role. I left mine December last year. We were one part delusional in going, oh, this isn't really happening.
Speaker 4: We're not really getting paid to just be ourselves right, Like, this is bizarre.
Speaker 8: And we also held onto our roles for a sense of belonging, a sense of normality, because when you've got fucking A listers or you know, some of the organizations and brands that wanted to work with us, Lenna, this is fucking crazy, right, So I'm like, I've got to go to my nine to five job just so I can keep my feet on the ground.
Speaker 2: It's a big leap of faith to be able to like, actually, you know, take on a content creation role as a full time thing. But you're one of the most successful like content creators and duos in the country, if not, you know, in the world. Do you have aspirations for international stuff?
Speaker 1: We just did a tour, right, don't tell me about the tour because I want to know how it came about and where did you go and how did you fucking deal with I could not go on stage in all these different towns, Like I would absolutely shit myself.
Speaker 5: I still don't even know how to explain it. It wasn't yeah, how did you deal with it?
Speaker 3: I mean you say that you're quiet.
Speaker 4: Look, was a fucking radiographer before this.
Speaker 8: He was working in a hospital like like bodies MRI.
Speaker 7: In the End or emergency ct I figure is it called emergency of the TV show on.
Speaker 5: Channel nine on pop up on there every now and then?
Speaker 6: Like, look, what are you doing on this like thing?
Speaker 7: It was like paid actors and I'm like, it's my jolly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no doing a live show.
Speaker 7: So we're signed with the Mushroom Group, which then is very much affiliated with live touring, mainly of music acts. And then it was pitched to us to do this live show and I'm like, you know what, why not? Like I'm kind of throwing everything at the wall right now. Whatever sticks is kind of cool. At the moment, Scott was just about to have twins and I'm strategic.
Speaker 8: As fuck, and I'm like, this doesn't fall within the strategy at the moment. It's too much to take on. I knew what it would what it would require.
Speaker 5: I was like, fuck the strategy let's do it.
Speaker 6: Let's just go. And then planning starts.
Speaker 7: We get a show writer involved and she's starting pitching, like what the story, what the show should look like? Shout out to Nikki Brittin. But then the first show, I'm.
Speaker 5: Out there like just looking at Scott going so I'm a radiographer.
Speaker 6: What the fuck am I doing up here?
Speaker 8: And we wrote this show. It took us probably about once I accepted that would do it. It took us about ten weeks to ride it, to build it, and then quite some time to really kind of rehearse it, step it through, block it out whatever, right, And the first night in Sydney was so fucking buckwild at the Nmore Theater.
Speaker 2: Like all the theater is such an iconic venue, iconic first show, What am I doing?
Speaker 8: People were screaming, I fucking love you, right, and I said, shut up, we got to fucking shout it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: Then I say this joke about because Luke has this medical background. I said something like, you know, Luke will pull out he's little microscopic dick and swing it around this theater and try and win some of you over with his medical terminology. Well then a quarter of the audience, because let's say I've got the other three quarters start screaming, show us your dick, show us your.
Speaker 6: Dick, and I'm clammy as fuck at this day.
Speaker 8: Book freaks out and he just stops and looks at me and he goes, I'm a radiographer, like He's.
Speaker 4: Like, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 8: This anyway, and then we did the show and it was incredible, and then we rolled it out around the rest of the country. It was for us in the industry, a moment for us to possibly say to you know, call it radio, TV and live artists, that we have what it takes. You know, people looked at us just like TikTokers and then we became Facebook as you know. But I respect and appreciate the arts and entertainment industry and I know that there's certain work you need to put in, and the live show was just the next step of, I think, proving to ourselves that we've got what it takes and it is.
Speaker 7: It was a good challenge as well, because everything we do, from podcasting to online content, even when we do our lives, you have an engagement from the audience, but nothing in front of you actually giving you the feedback there and then so it was so new and quite challenging, but we both enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: What I loved is that you Mob like actually put on First Nations artists in each town. You know where you went as you're opening. You Hadza Poorer, you had the brother Boys from Perth, Stubs Brothers, Age, the Stubbs Brothers. I had this conversation. I don't know if you remember this, Scott, but I came up to I think it the last I think it was the TikTok Awards, maybe last year, and I said to you, I said, I really appreciate the fact that like you champion First Nations voices and use your platform to amplify their voices. Right, So I saw that you were doing this on your tour and it just brings so much pride to us when we see people with big platforms elevate our community. Why was that important for you, Mob?
Speaker 8: It makes me emotional talking about it because I remember when the Plebacite happened, and listen, I've always been a supporter of First Nations, Aboriginal torystrade on other people always happen, right, especially women of color and people that I guess have just had to fucking work harder in this world than somebody else based on the way they were born.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: I remember when the plebiscite happened. I was calling friends and family. Then I started to call random numbers in the phone book to see to try and gauge whether or not it was going to be a yes or no, because I really wanted the ES vote right and I wanted to marry the love of my life. And I soon realized there just weren't enough gay people to get the numbers to get the vote across the line, and that that I had to turn it to the Allies, and I had to try and tell my story to as many friends and family who could try and get it out there to get the numbers up as allies. So then when I saw how Allies were able to get me something that I truly deserved and I wanted and meant so much to me, which was marriage equality, it just made so much sense that then it was my turn to be an ally because Allies really helped me. And I can look at so many different groups in our communities and society and I'm like, hang on, it's really easy to lend your voice to somebody else because it doesn't actually fucking affect you, it affix them. And if there's a collective group of people that are asking for one thing and it doesn't fucking affect your life, most likely you know, it's very easy for you to end up for it or buy them. And so you know, Aboriginal Torrestate I only to people I think fascinate me more than fucking us boring us white folk right because they've just got this history and culture.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what Australia's.
Speaker 9: Culture, like what my culture is as an O'Halleran, I don't know what our culture is, but I'm so fascinated by Aboriginal torrest state Iland a culture of such beautiful.
Speaker 8: Long, rich history and connection to to land and spirit and to one another. So it just made so much sense for us to lend our.
Speaker 1: Voice so much that actually warms That's just powerful shit. But like rocked me like a little bit because I'm like, I want all of my friends and people to talk the way that Scott does about our community and what they want for us.
Speaker 3: Isn't that fucking insane? Like thank you Scott, Thank you Luke. I know you were.
Speaker 5: Quiet on that stage but for me, I love Aboriginal people.
Speaker 7: Scott and I've spoken about this in the past, is like I can have the same beliefs as him, but I don't have the ability to abolition, to put the sentences together. And I feel like so many creators are probably in the same corner as me, and they get called out to speak on so many topics where sometimes I'm lucky that I have Scott in my corner to be able to meet to just film him and say it like me posting it.
Speaker 5: I feel like my truth and my words as well, I.
Speaker 8: Lean into what is really uncomfortable right, and I always have right.
Speaker 4: And that was the little brawler in me.
Speaker 8: I used to lean into like something that didn't feel or seem right, and I've since been able to flip that around and lean into like being curious about it and lean into it.
Speaker 4: Whereas I do know and.
Speaker 8: See a lot of people are just scared to offend first, but curiosity kind of like can overarch that, and if you're curious, you're not being judgment correct and you can find out so much.
Speaker 1: He says that Ted Lasso, He goes, you know, the best thing is to be curious because it leaves without.
Speaker 3: Judgment, and when you have judgment, you just assume.
Speaker 1: And when you assume, you close off yourself from all of these other opportunities to know something or know someone. Isn't that yeah, that's yeah, I agree with you. There's Scott like being curious. Is that there's such a beauty in that like Whereas.
Speaker 5: I've been always so scared to offend.
Speaker 7: So I find myself in conversations with Scott and he's asking questions, I'm like, oh, fuck, he really does.
Speaker 6: Looking for a camera recorded.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about your beautiful twins.
Speaker 1: We talk about you quite a bit, actually, about this journey because it means a lot to Maddie to see it does.
Speaker 2: I just feel very inspired by your journey and I've always wanted to be a doubt. It's my big stream of my life, you know, And I feel like it's so important to me that I get emotional about it because I feel like it's the one thing in my life that I really want for me. It's always been that and it will come when it's you know, when it's time, and I'm on that journey to prepare for that moment. But I want to talk about your like surrogacy journey, if that's all right, And of course what did that journey entail for you?
Speaker 8: So I always wanted to be your dad, and I always really appreciated and respected family. However, because I was in the closet, I always really struggle.
Speaker 4: With my identity.
Speaker 8: And the one reason why I came out in the end the age of twenty four was because I couldn't live lying to myself anymore.
Speaker 4: But in that decision, I accepted that I would never be.
Speaker 8: A dad, right, And then you know, soon realized and understood. You know, when we got marriage equality and you see that people around you accept you, you can kind of start really looking more within right.
Speaker 4: And then you know, I met Marcus on Grinder and we have the real true love story there.
Speaker 8: And Marcus and I both had very similar family man values. We both wanted to be dads, the same as you, Maddie. Right, Like, we had this dream and we reached out to a gay couple online that had had a child, and we said, hey, you know, we would love to start a family. What do you suggest and they said, every journey to parenthood's different, good luck, and we thought, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: And you know this.
Speaker 2: Well, like we thought you wanted the threesome.
Speaker 8: They you know, I think you know, Marcus, I lived by it. Now, you can't be what you can't see. And we reached out to them because we didn't know where to go and what to do and how to start. And so Marcus and I for ourselves had to start from the very start because there was no one to go for us, you know, for two gay men here in Australia.
Speaker 4: This is who to go and speak to. This is where your journey begins.
Speaker 8: And so it started a six year journey of us becoming dads and it was it was pretty full on and there.
Speaker 4: Was a lot. There was a lot over those six.
Speaker 8: Years, you know, for us to really understand, accept investigate.
Speaker 4: There was so many decisions and you know.
Speaker 8: Roadblocks along the way, including abortion laws in Texas after we had signed a surrogacy contract in Texas. You know, but then you know, you take on the risk of you know, fertility with women. Women are incredible fucking human beings, especially mothers or women that are pregnant, and you know, then to find out that if you know, one of our babies or both of them had taken and there was you know, any issues with pregnancy, they weren't allowed to abort them, and in Texas otherwise you know their husband was going to go to jail and family and anyway.
Speaker 4: It's kind of crazy. There was a lot.
Speaker 8: There was a lot for us to factor in. It took us six years. We've had to consider so much to bring these boys into the world. Every step along the way was it was intentional. It wasn't like a hetero couple that you know, plan to have a baby, get locked up and have a baby, and nine months fucking.
Speaker 4: Flies and they go, holy shit, what do we do now?
Speaker 8: It's here, right, And then you've got to figure out still your relationship with one another, and then with the baby, and then every other factory and everything else the factor and we had six years to consider a lot. So by the time the boys came, it feels like it's the most easiest job or role in my life. Wow, I've never been happier in who I am. I love being a dad, I love the boys. It just feels so right, I said to my therapist a few weeks ago. Being a dad of twins is the easiest thing in my life. And we've got a lot of fucking shit going on in our life, right, and people love.
Speaker 4: To doom and gloom parenting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it surprises us and we think it's because maybe they didn't get as much time to really consider whether they wanted to be a parent or not. Yeah, whereas Marcus and I had six years to really consider it.
Speaker 4: Because that's how long it tooks.
Speaker 3: Can you adopt me?
Speaker 5: I think one of the most it wasn't living their book.
Speaker 2: I think one of the most beautiful things about being a gay like parent or a dad is that the consideration. It's like we really choose, like heatero couple. Sometimes it's it's not by choice, it's that it happens, and then you bring the baby into the world and everything just sort of, you know, flows on. But as a gay dad, I really have to want and consider and choose to bring you into the.
Speaker 3: World and reflect and you know, you have so much time.
Speaker 8: It's so intentional, right, yes it is, And there's so many moments for you to go I'm out, Yeah, this is too by what we had to do our estate planning and ride our wills before we even created embryos and sent sperm. Right, so you really have to stop and think every step along the way like, hang on, this is real?
Speaker 4: Do I want this or not?
Speaker 8: Whereas you know, it feels like it's the complete opposite for people. So yeah, we we love it and we are big believers in you can't be what you can't see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's my favorite.
Speaker 8: The only gay people I knew growing up was Will and Jack from Will and Grace, And I used to think, there's no fuck away.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be a lawyer in New York, So where do I belong? How to work?
Speaker 8: Like there's nothing like me out there? And so now why I'm so cool it and apologetically myself, It's because I just know that there's a little Scott out there that.
Speaker 4: Can look up and go fuck. I can have a job, I can have my own.
Speaker 8: Belief system, I can have a partner, children house, I can.
Speaker 4: Have what I want.
Speaker 2: I want to like talk about something that is like a bit fucking out of this world, which is how the fuck Like do you reflect on your journey and go I've met Selena Gomes, Katie Perry, the Osbourne's, Like you're interacting with these A listers, Like how does how do you.
Speaker 4: Confuse Luke a radiographer? Like how do I go. I feel so weird.
Speaker 5: Still, it is very weird.
Speaker 7: But the thing that I surprised myself with with all of it is that I find myself very present, which I never if I was to go back five years ago and say you'll be meeting these people having these experiences, you truly won't. I don't think i'd be present. I remember, like a random celebrity in like in count I probably had five years ago where I'd meet someone and I'd freak out and be really weird and like it was very strange. But it's it's nice that when you meet these people, they're also very interested in you, so you're getting the questions back on their end, and it does feel like you do belong. And these people that we have met, we've been fortunate enough that we've met so many people that do make you feel like you belong in that room and you feel comfortable and you forget of this that as you forget of all the accomplishments they've had in their lives and they're just having.
Speaker 5: A fun chat with this person in front of you.
Speaker 8: I think the beautiful thing that we can say about like these A fucking listers that we're men right and like attracts like, right, So we're not going to get somebody that's inauthentic around us in our circle because I guess they know that our energy would.
Speaker 4: Rip that to shreds in authenticity.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: So the most fascinating thing is, and we'll talk about Selena, how vulnerable she is as a human being and how open she is with having all these types of parts to her that make her who she is, and she's vulnerable and honest with it, and that just it quickly disarms you, right and takes all the nerves away because you see a bit of yourself and this person or you see this human being just being a person trying their best to do Oh my god, fucking life more.
Speaker 4: Present than me. She's believable once am M and M.
Speaker 6: So the first thing she said to me, you're not.
Speaker 2: The most amazing thing when you connect with someone and you know they're locked into you, locked you know, doesn't matter what's happening here, especially in a room of a busy crowd, and you have a conversation with someone and when you're both locked in, that feeling of connection is happening on match.
Speaker 1: I had this fucking moment with Danny Minoak at the basketball and it was insane, like she would not let me go, and I think myself, so I couldn't even imagine.
Speaker 8: Like, we we get to l a once and Sharon Osborne textler can said come around. We know it's Father's Day tomorrow, but come around tomorrow, and the sitting with a.
Speaker 7: Number and address and stuff and like, oh god, Scott.
Speaker 8: And then sure that that morning we wake up and Sharon says, listen, Ossie wasn't well or there was and there was something else that Sharon had to go and do. So Father's Day lunch at the Osborne's was off. But then Cally messages She's like fuck that. She's like, fuck mom, fuck dad. Come to my house. Right, So we're like, what's going on. We're involved in a family group chat. We go around at Callie's house, right.
Speaker 4: And we walk in.
Speaker 8: I'm like hi, and she's been calling us her like Ozzie Brothers online and stuff like that. It's the first time we've met her. And we sit down on the couch and my mum.
Speaker 5: Was sent a video to Sharon before we went over, like.
Speaker 4: Look after my boys in LA and Sharon's like, I've got him don't worry, right Cally from where did you live? Literally and China or whatever it is they call it.
Speaker 8: And CALLI and us two and her beautiful son Sydney just hung out like the whole afternoon and we just we.
Speaker 5: Were like falling asleep on the couch.
Speaker 6: And I've got Easter eggs in the and if you want to.
Speaker 8: So the fascinating thing about her house, y, I ate all the fascinating thing about her house was no.
Speaker 4: We were the first visitors that she'd ever had in her house.
Speaker 8: And I was like, bitch, we could be crazy, asked motherfuckers, and she's like, that's why you're hear. She's like Mom messaged and said, invite the boys to your house and like, I'm sorry I can't make it, but just I want you to sense check whether they are the real deal or not. Are they really the boys that come across to be And she's like, so, Mom and Dad haven't even been here. And then she was just like telling us about like family arguments, like really sensitive information because she just felt so comfortable around.
Speaker 4: Us, which was kind of really cool. And since.
Speaker 8: Since that, she messages us a lot that Osborne's are still well, I'm very entrenched in who we are now because they support us, and Kelly's kind of like a sis now to us, it's weird.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 6: Is she quirky as fuck?
Speaker 4: Like she's really chilling?
Speaker 5: She was really chill chill, which that's what surprised me about.
Speaker 8: But she said so, She's said to me that it's it's motherhood. Like that's really kind of like balanced her right out. Becoming a mom, you know, has helped her find her identity, you know, with Sydney her son, and yeah, she found a really lovely partner.
Speaker 4: Seeing her partner, he's really called to from slipknot. Yeah, he's weird.
Speaker 7: We took a photo with him, and I remember one of like a few of our followers are like like the crossover w never you would get slipknot.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I want to say, like there's so many like people that you would get having interactions with you that that have you on that platform or that pedestal of celebrity.
Speaker 6: Right, what is that like for you?
Speaker 2: When you get people stop you in the street or you know, you're out having dinner and someone goes, oh my god, it's YouTube, Like what does that feel like?
Speaker 7: I feel a lot of people majority that we live in a life now that we put these videos up, and I do go the reach is really far, Like I'm not going to be blind to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Still very like what fifty million people are.
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Fifty people like it?
Speaker 5: I really paid two thousand for the views this time, Scott.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: But the people come up and dare I say, it'd be very much like reality TV maybe back in the day, say like Big Brother, Like we're in these people's homes all the time on their phones that we're feeling maybe more like family and friends. So I don't always know if we have that real big star power to a lot of people, but it's enough that people probably have that chip on their shoulder coming off that they feel like they can come and talk to us quite easily. So we do find a lot of people coming up to us talking to us a lot and opening up about things, or whereas I could be very awkward, I'm like, oh god, another conversation, we e's experience something.
Speaker 8: That's because we're family, right, So people bring stories to us that is so sensitive, and it's because we remind them of a sibling or a cousin or a family member maybe that they've lost or that's gone through a hard time or something, and it was so overwhelming for quite some.
Speaker 5: Time there, and that's something you never trained for. No, we will, radiologist, wake up, I've got no heart.
Speaker 7: After working in a hospital for seven years, that's sad to hear.
Speaker 8: I would I would wake up and I would be really distraught some of the stories. So you know, we don't experience touch wood much negativity or hate, but the stories that I remember, all the comments that I remember are those of severe loss or hardship, and my heart can just instantly break for a person sometimes when they when they share something with us, and it's so overwhelming sometimes to go home and hear some of these stories and I'm in this perfect bubble compared to what that person's going through. I just I feel really unbalanced sometimes and the justice in it. I just feel like it's so unfair what some people are experiencing in the world when we've got all this positivity around us, and I just want to fucking bottle it up and give it to some people.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, I mean that's what people get from you though, That's what you do, you know, Like, I think that's Your impact is that you make people laugh. You give them that sense of joy even when they are going through a hard time. I think that's your superpower, both of you, and I think that, like as a duo that we never knew we needed before we met you, But now we're so grateful that.
Speaker 4: They can't get rid of us. That algorithm loves us.
Speaker 2: The algorithm loves you, The world loves you. We love you, and we so appreciate you, know you coming on our pod and spending time.
Speaker 4: With us today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been so nice to get to know you guys on more of a personal level.
Speaker 8: Yeah, listen, I think you know you guys you're speaking to You can't be what you can't see you are, you know, doing that?
Speaker 4: You are the epitome of that.
Speaker 8: And you know I will always land you know, my voice, and of drag Luke along whenever he fucking likes or not, you know, as an ally, you know, for the whole mob and community. However we can show up, you know, let us know, right like, that's that curiosity in me. Let me know what else you guys need from us, because we are here all the fucking time, and you know, thank you. It means a lot, and.
Speaker 6: It's the one thing that we are.
Speaker 5: We are very intentional.
Speaker 7: Like we have had a lot of travel around Australia and meeting mob all across Australia and learning something I've probably been so naive to my whole life, but it's been so beautiful to learn about culture.
Speaker 5: In this country.
Speaker 7: And it's it's something that we are so proud about to put the fist up, to do what we can to post, to just be seen as an.
Speaker 5: Ally, to be a friend. It means a lot to us and to a lot of people.
Speaker 2: The synergy of this moment right now is a Lease Cooper.
Speaker 4: She was out.
Speaker 2: She's the person who brought this pod to life in the beginning. She was our first producer and now you know she works with these mopsy.
Speaker 5: He's our producer.
Speaker 3: Hilarious. I love her egghead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but thank you so much for coming on and thank you everyone for listening. That's but that's all we have time for today. So if you love what you're here to leave us a little rating or a review.
Speaker 3: If you want us to cover anything on the pod, reach out by our socials. My handle was that brooked up Latin Maddie Yours is.
Speaker 2: It's Maddy Meals and I hope you're not following them. What the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 6: But like you're living under a rock.
Speaker 2: But what is your handle?
Speaker 6: Luke and Sassy Scott? It is that easy
Speaker 8: Across social Thanks guys anytime, Thanks having us by