Speaker 1: Opinion on Sky News Australia starts now love this is outside, Good morning and welcome to Outsiders. The show that is to work, virtue signaling, anti Semitism, fake politicians and phony policies. What Kamala Harris is getting straight to the point and directly answering the question when.
Speaker 2: It comes to the economy, do you believe Americans are better off than they were four years ago?
Speaker 3: So I was raised as a middle class kid.
Speaker 4: We talked about bringing down prices and making life more affordable for people.
Speaker 5: What are one or two specific things you have in mind for that?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll start with this, I grew up a middle class kid.
Speaker 6: They can just get their foot in the door to be able to then engage in what will prove to be their opportunity to build intergenerational wealth. And here's my personal experience coming at that, I grew up a middle class kid.
Speaker 7: Being a middle class kid is the perfect answer for every question. But what about her running mate?
Speaker 8: Let's start with inflation.
Speaker 9: What do you tell people who wake up frankly each morning wondering how am I going to get by financially?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I tell them, Kamo Harrison, I know something about it. And being middle class folks. Our family sit at the table trying to pay the bill.
Speaker 11: Still, I guess you know, as a middle class kid myself, I have to admire Kamala's strategic thinking. I mean, surely the typical black female voter is going to fall for this, aren't they.
Speaker 12: When you're asked about the border or your policies on immigration, answer the question. We don't care about your middle class upbringing. We don't care that your mama had to save up to my house. We don't care about your summer job at McDonald's. We don't care about the lawns of the neighborhood that you lived in and how everybody took care of their lawn. That does not matter to me, and it doesn't matter to anybody else. I want you to answer the question.
Speaker 1: Looks looks like even if you're Kamala Harris, you can't actually fool all of the people all of the time, or even some of the time.
Speaker 4: So while Kamala struggles with her.
Speaker 1: Middle class credentials, let's grab the latest Outsiders news.
Speaker 4: Well Richa and James.
Speaker 1: I was delighted to see Anthony Albanize wandering around America.
Speaker 4: With some blokes his old bloke. He's obviously helping.
Speaker 1: And I must have found die lying there under the Washington Monument or something.
Speaker 4: Decided to give him a hand. Let's have a look at the footage.
Speaker 5: Here we are?
Speaker 4: Where are we?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 13: Okay, what's an opportunity for me to express my support and congratulations for the role that President Biden has played. He has been a good friend of Australia, but he's also been an advocate for the rule of law. History will record President Biden has been a driver of a very successful period in US foreign policy.
Speaker 1: So that's the official line. But let's have a look at Albo enjoying himself. As I said in the company he keeps here, he is wandering around. Oh, sorry, my mistake. It's Kevin right there we go, Je. What do we make of it?
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, so of course you know Albanize. He is in Washington and they were having the Orcust talks in Delaware this week at the Albanese he was so keen by the way to make sure everybody knew that he was only going to be there for one day, that this wasn't a big you know, airbus Albo gallivant here, I thought the clip that we played of him speaking a moment ago was absolutely fascinating. Can you imagine how uncomfortable Ethny Halbanesi would have been speaking in front of not one, but what looked like two or three Australian flags. There was no straight you know, I think somebody, nobody in protocol if the embassy is going to get a talking to. But seriously, though, you know, it's interesting here because this August thing has really kind of gone out of Labor's control now, and it's interesting to be here how they've now got people on the left within Labor who are now making a lot of noises against Aucust. You've got people in the Greens who can't stand it. And yet at the same time, you know, we're in this incredibly powerless position here. The only criticism that is correct about Aucust is that it is not going to get us the sort of weaponry we need now anywhere near fast enough. And this government is completely dithering when it comes to defense procurement.
Speaker 1: Also dithering razor in terms of not actually bothering to visit Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: So here we have a but.
Speaker 7: He did express to Joe Biden his concern it's about the attempts on Donald Trump's life. So that's good, that's good. But there's a meeting with Joe Biden at his private home in Delaware. Why the man, what is Joe Biden still president?
Speaker 1: Is he seems to be the only person in the world he thinks he is.
Speaker 7: This is no one in America is even looking at just Joe Biden as the one who's running the country because everyone knows that he was so inepso cognitively impaired. Kamal are installed in.
Speaker 11: Is al but Easy really the one running Australia and very good, very good.
Speaker 1: Well, I was the reason I wanted to look at that footage of Rads and Albo wandering around Rita and James was of course Alban Easy said, I know I'm not going to I'm not going to bother visiting Donald Trump. Reminds me of Malcolm Turnbull, who had a similar point in the election cycle back in two thousand and sixteen. And I'm not going to bother visiting Donald Trump. But I've thought this man there on the left where Kevin Rudd was, was Donald Trump's great new mate.
Speaker 7: I thought trying.
Speaker 4: I thought Kevin Rudd had had the key Donald Trump. Marra Lago.
Speaker 7: I don't think mister Trump is going to be forgiving or forgetting the things Kevin rud has said. It's very ill advised. Indeed, is what happens when you've got people who've grown up with student politics and really never left student politics. They're these mad idea logues. And Albert, let's not forget socialist left faction of the labor parties, not just Labor. He's hard left labor. And we're talking here about the man who's likely to be president again, and you don't want him to have ill will towards the Prime Minister or the Ambassador or Penny Wong or anyone else who's in a position of power within the government.
Speaker 11: Well, and you know, it's also important to note that just with all of his talk about ocus and defeat, here just how dangerous a Harris presidency would be, I think for Australia, because if you look at the history of Democrat administrations over the last twenty years, they have been incredibly chaotic on the foreign policy front. You know, under Obama we had the Arab Spring and all of that disaster. Under Biden we've had Iran and Ukraine and October seventh all of these due to democrat weakness. And then if you start to extend that to the Pacific, which of course where the next obvious hotspot is for authoritarian countries like China to start making their play against you know, what they see as a declining, weakening American empire, then Australia is absolutely in the frame. And so to be acting like, you know, Trump's not a good thing for Australia, I think is disastrously wrongheaded.
Speaker 8: Absolutely well.
Speaker 1: This drives me mad when these so called conservative commentators say, oh, oh, we don't approve that Donald Trump, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: But I do, like Rowan, that you do touch on this Trump derangement syndrome that's evident, and not just amongst the CNNs, the ABC's over here, but amongst some normally saying conservative commentators who have just swallowed this nonsensical narrative from the Russian collusion hoax to the Fine People hoax, they just swallowed all up uncritically and make absolute fools of themselves over and over again. If you don't understand US politics, don't talk about US politics. That would be my advice.
Speaker 4: If you don't understand the Donald Trump phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm the eternal optimist, and I'm looking forward to this time. Well only a few months away when we will have Donald Trump in the White House and we will have Peter Dutton in the lodge, and Kevin Right can go back to the Sunshine Coast and wait for the oceans to rise from his beachfront, pat so he can look forward to doing that.
Speaker 7: Is he still in the ocean front there?
Speaker 1: Of course he is, of course over in wasting very nice part of it. He's taking tourists around Washington at the moment.
Speaker 4: So good luck to Kevin Right. But you know, important six months coming out.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little bit about closer to home, Sydney University, Mark Scott, the bloke around the ABC. You know, I'm trying to think of polite words to say about Mark Scott's tenure of.
Speaker 4: The ABC, but words fail me on this instance.
Speaker 1: Mark Scott has come out and he apologized to Jewish students for his failure at over the last you know, nine months, at the demonstrations and so on. The deals that were done by Sydney University to allow Muslim groups to have a say and a committee over what the university invests in et cetera, et cetera, to the point where Jewish students felt un So. If Mark Scott has comportant said he apologizes for his failure, well, Mark Scott, nobody in the left seems to understand the idea of responsibility.
Speaker 4: You have apologized for the failure.
Speaker 1: That apology literally means nothing unless you resign. That's what accountability. That's why you earn the big bucks to sit at the top. You earn a million dollar salary at the top the food chain. If you fail at Sydney University, you should be punted from Sydney University. Like the students who fail are punted, so too should the vice chancellor be punted for this chronic failure.
Speaker 7: Rita, I tend to agree, and I think the apology for words for that too little, too late. This has been going for close to a year. You've had encampments, you have had this open hostility, You've had students being intimidated. We had students being spat on at these meetings who are trying to say that we shouldn't be anti Israel, that we should not judge Israel by different standards to every other country. It's interesting James that the Education Minister Jason Clair has declined to say whether he has confidence in this discussion.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, we're not even we're not even getting the typical you know, the coach has the false port of the Board of Commentary on that. But I will say this one other interesting point which I think people are missing in this, and there is a common thread here between Mark Scott's tenure at the ABC at his tenure at UCID, and that is this weakness and his desire or basically you know, inability to take control of the reins and instead let the inmates run the asylum. You know, at the ABC, it's been all about constantly this staff run collective there. That has gotten the ABC into a huge amount of trouble, just even this week with the audio that was added to the heston Russell aportsoun war crimes that they finally dropped out at four point thirty or so on Friday afternoon a statement say oh all right, well maybe there is something wrong and we're to do an investigation. So that's great sort of tricky media management there form the ABC. Back to Mark Scott, you read the reports and you read what he said about all of this. You know, New South Wales police guys offered to come in and clear the encampment, but he didn't want to, in his words, escalate the situation. And I'm sorry second right there, this is this is exactly the mentality that lets these sorts of encampments fester. And when you don't assert your authority and say, you know what, this is a university. This is not a place where we just let people hang out like a bunch of ferals and do this funeral serals this propo.
Speaker 7: Probably, But can I just say if it was a group of extreme right wing protests set up an encampment, do you think Mark Scott would say, well, I don't want to inflame tensions. I don't want to upset them and have things escalate. No note to the police coming in at the first hint, there would be full force of the law private security of New South Wales Police. It'd probably be calling the Fenzi.
Speaker 11: These are there the same New South Wales police by the way, offering to clear that out. Who you know, I mean they were so sick with the other The same cops that that on October eighth or ninth, whenever it had that horrible demonstration down at the Opera House just stood back because they didn't want to escalate. And this is the crisis of authority, the crisis of authority in our society where the cups don't want to do what needs to be done, when the administrators don't do what needs to be done, and then you just let badness run a buck.
Speaker 4: When it starts at it starts at the top.
Speaker 1: And Donald Trump made the point in the debate with Kamala Harris about the Democrats never fire anybody. And this is the point the problem here, both with the coalition.
Speaker 4: And with labor. They never fire anybody.
Speaker 1: And the point is that you can only run if you've ever run a business.
Speaker 4: The people who.
Speaker 1: Don't do as well as the people who are successful, you fire the ones who are no good.
Speaker 4: Scott should be fired.
Speaker 1: There are any number of public servants who should be fired for not having done a good job. There are any number of heads of commissions that should be fired for not having done a good job. And until the coalition gets into government and actually finally stands up and does this and starts cleaning a place.
Speaker 4: Out firing people.
Speaker 1: I spoke to Angus Taylor last week, had a great meeting there at Roseville, and Angus Taylor was making the point that his first day as a new treasure would be to fire a lot of the public servants that haven't done a great job, and.
Speaker 4: This is we need the government to do this.
Speaker 7: Can I express some doubt there?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 7: Multiple terms of a coalition, coalition, governments in power and what did they actually do to tackle this in the bureaucracy?
Speaker 8: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Did they think.
Speaker 7: About the ABC? The ABC? They whine about it incessantly. The funding's gone up more than a billion dollars per annum for this activist organization that breaches its charter daily. What did the coalition do about it other than coming sky and whine about it?
Speaker 4: Given them time. They need to be held on account.
Speaker 1: They need to be held to that commitment to start firing people who don't do a good job and firing the number of.
Speaker 7: Acts like labor in power? What if you say about labor? And yes they're inept and they got some mad ideas, but they don't waste power from day won't They push their agenda and that's what you want when you vote.
Speaker 11: You know what they do. They know how to organize, and they know how to put their people in key.
Speaker 5: Positions exactly, and then they never had them.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about the Another sackable offensive, course, was the absolute chamuzzle over visas asio being called in as I understand it, James. So the Albanezy government rushed out, gave everyone the visas and then said, oh, hang on, shall we bother.
Speaker 5: The checking.
Speaker 4: All these people? Hello, fireable offense in my book, So I mean, like.
Speaker 11: This is the whole thing, this is just a schedule. Peter Dutt nailed it in Parliament the other week. What he was calling it a visas for vote skin, you know, and the whole thing. Nobody there was no ground swell in the community saying hey, you know we've got to do. We've got to bring thousands of Palacedians over from Gaza into Australia. And yet what do they do. They did exactly that, and they did this in this really tricky way. They gave outas, which like tourist visas, essentially to get them here. Once you get them here, they cannot basically be kicked out because when there's a file asylum claims of the I think thirteen hundred that have been brought in something like eight hundred and nine hundred have already filed their humanitarian claims. This means essentially they're here forever now. Those checks sittings, they did a lot of them after the fact of this, which of course goes to the whole lie of what they've been saying. This is all about Tony Burke propping up his seat and other Western Sydney and a couple of seats in Melbourne seats with a high Muslim population and try and shore off some of these threats that they've got, these Muslim independent groups. But this is playing games with our security because we also know that in Gaza, you know, huge numbers of people in October seventh they support Hamas. Why take that RISKTA It's.
Speaker 7: A self inflicted word in this one. We've spoken about it repeatedly. No other Western country has behaved as Australia has, and that should tell you plenty. We've got a lot of elbow types in power around the world and they are more cautious than Alba has been. And I don't think it's actually going to work ensuring up these seats. I don't think those voters who are upset with labor and think labor haven't gone far enough in expressing support for for the Palestinian cause, or haven't gone far enough in condemning Israel. Are going to be satisfied with a few thousand Palestinian refugees or asylum seekers being settled here. And as you said, the means of which they've done it through these temporary almost travel tourist visas. So it's the quickest way to get.
Speaker 11: And they admitted that that's that they want to do it. They said, that's the quickt way to get them in is just give them a visitor visa, you know, and that comes with very few checks and not even a palas in government in the sense of having like another government you hear check criminal record against.
Speaker 4: Well change, absolutely shameful.
Speaker 1: Alban easy government has been an absolute disgrace on this entire issue. Another thing that should be fired, in my opinion, a thing, not a person, is of course, the welcome to country. I've been banging on about this, We've been talking about this on this show since the.
Speaker 4: Voice obviously before.
Speaker 1: Welcome to country has become a ridiculous concept. Interestingly, it's now entered the public debate, which is what you tend to find to happen. Remember the formula outsiders first, six months later, the rest of the meetia, we're talking about it.
Speaker 4: That's the formula we like to stick to.
Speaker 15: Well now, several individuals have jumped in this weekend to discuss Welcome to Country, some for it, some against it, as is the proper way in any civilized democratic debate.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, enough of few Indigenous.
Speaker 1: Voices have come forward RITA saying we actually we agree the Welcome to Country has gone way too far.
Speaker 4: It is divisive now, it is divisive. It is not a.
Speaker 1: Friendly gesture any longer, as we saw the other weekend RITA.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's been all sorts of voices. Chris Kenny wrote a piece for the Australian newspaper which I'm interested in your thoughts about, But most interesting to me was former footballer Matthew Stokes, the Premiership player Indigenous man, and I thought he was very measured in his commentary about how divisive these ceremonies have become, how they can be hijacked by people pushing an agenda, and most importantly he made the point that he should be able to discuss this freely without being labeled a racist. And I think that's a massive jump forward because I remember when we first started talking about this issue years ago, years before the Voice on this program, it was almost taboo. It was almost taboo to say I'm sick and tired of being welcome to my own country. I find this divisive. I find it as a migrant offensive. I find it a PC way of saying, go back to where you came from. And now we are actually having the debate, and I think one of the positives out of the whole referendum debacle is that we got an answer from the from the Australian population about what they feel about these issues.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'll just quickly say, regarding Chris Kenny's article, well, if Joan Bayers set it to music, she'd have a hit like Kumbai R. Because that's basically how it read to me.
Speaker 11: Well, I know it's an interesting I mean, like like one of the things too, you know, just to go back to the Voice. To me, the moment I knew that the No camp was going to absolutely ramp it in was when Marcia Langton said that if if the referendum doesn't get up, you know, you'll never be another welcome. You don you remember how after that there was this huge outpouring of people. It was like this damn broke and would saying can we get that in writing please? Is that a promise? Like?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 11: And that was what I knew, that the whole vibe and ship or that, I mean, you know. Chris Kenny makes the point. He says, well, it become just sort of like a part of the furniture, like a toast at a wedding or a speech and a birthday. But I've never been to a wedding or a birthday party where the toaster or the speech has told me that I don't have a steak in this country.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not the piece of furniture. It's the piece of furniture in the corner that you're waiting to put into the skip.
Speaker 1: Seriously, because it is divisive and it is aggressive, and the idea that it is somehow touchy feeling and all lovely, but it doesn't give me a warm, touchy feeling. And the acknowledgment the country, which is part and passerve the welcome. The acknowledgment of country is basically saying you do not own this land. It's saying to every single person who's got a mortgage, she struggles hard, pays the bank, their mortgage, goes out, gets a property, point builds, builds a house on it, has a family. It's saying every time everywhere you go, don't kid yourself. It ain't yours. You don't own it, This ain't yours. That's what acknowledgment of the country is literally really saying. It might not legally be saying it, but culturally and literally that is.
Speaker 11: What Here's That's why I object. Here's a much bigger point too. You know, we hear people talk all the time, guys about this sort of wille phrase social cohesion, right, you know, social cohesion. Well, I would just put it to you that we had a big problem here with this and it's going to get worse because we are also we've also had figures out this week about the net overseas migration and how this is just still remains at record record highs. And what are we doing to our social cohesion when people come here and we tell them not only keep doing and being whatever you were before you came over here, but also this place here is illegitimate and the government that brought you in and that you want to come in and you know, live and work out of this system here is kind of illegitimate, is kind of stolen. It's a bit on the nose. You know, this is going to encourage much more separatism across all of our communities because we're not giving people who come to this country. We should welcome people who come to this country, like so many people even on the stage here, but we have to give them something strong to believe in. And when you say welcome the country. You see this Australia thing process. It's the same thing with alban Easy and all the flags. There's one flag, there's one Australia, there's one idea, there's one people, and we should all be a part of that world.
Speaker 7: Well not when you are pushing notions like always was, always will be, sovereignty was never seeded. That we are on stolen land, that all of this is and it's all racially divisive. It's based on nothing other than race, and that's why the referendum was poisoned. That's why the overwhelming majority of Australians around sixty percent, in fact, it's a little bit over sixty percent, despite the massive amounts of money the Yes campaign had. Despite all the institutional support, the celebrities, the sporting clubs, the Australian people said no. And it's time the elite listen to that no, because they're just carrying on like that referendum never happened.
Speaker 4: And this is why they have to be taught again.
Speaker 1: And this is why the Coalition needs to take a strong aggressive policy to the election saying that we are going to scrap Welcome to countries from government ubiquitous. There's time and a place for it, obviously, especially Indigenous celebrations and so on, as there are for any other number of not before football, not before football matches.
Speaker 4: There are all sorts of appropriate occasions.
Speaker 1: But the Coalition needs to go forward with Peter Dutton with just Center Price next to him and say we will be scrapping Welcome to countries from government from ubiquitous government bodies if we win parliament, if we win government, which they will do. And after the break, let's say a break Breta's reality Check.
Speaker 4: And we'll speak to Matt Canavan about miss in for nation. You're on outside is it today?
Speaker 7: You're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan dictator Dean James teflon Morrow and I'm Rida Penney and you may know me from programs including The Rita Penney Show Monday to Thursdays at eleven and Lift He's Losing It Friday nights at nine point thirty.
Speaker 5: Out of my face? Now, oh now, it was very rude of you.
Speaker 11: Get the out of my face.
Speaker 5: You want to go to jail, sir, ma'am.
Speaker 4: I don't really know what to call you.
Speaker 5: Ma I'm done, can police? You just insulted me? What is something weird about conservatives?
Speaker 3: There is a almost a cultish vibe.
Speaker 16: I feel the way they operate within themselves.
Speaker 3: They refuse to listen to outside people.
Speaker 17: I don't understand why it's so difficult for the press to have a consistent narrative about how dangerous Trump is.
Speaker 7: Well, the object in this case.
Speaker 17: Is Donald Trump, his demagoguery, his danger to our country in the world.
Speaker 18: Drum two days and we are turned the bay?
Speaker 4: Why Donald Trump?
Speaker 7: Did she realize they're in power? Did you realize it's the Biden Harris administration? There right now? She's terrifying that one. That's the crazy wife of Tim Wolls, Gwen Wolls. Kamala Harris's running mate Tim Woles, who today was telling Americans that they cannot have four more years of this craziness.
Speaker 19: We can't afford, we can't afford four more years of this.
Speaker 7: Oh is right, No one could afford four more years of the Democrats. I guess he's campaigning for Donald Trump now. But before we bring in our next guest, let's have a look at what's been happening in Victoria this week, with Bombshaw Revelations publishing The Herald Sign after a review of the Daniel and Catherine Andrews car crash found Victoria police engaged in an overt cover up to avoid implicating a political figure in a life threatening incident. This is after the Andrews su suv had struck a teenage cyclist, Ryan Mullman, seriously injuring him. The explosive thirty six page assessment by former police Assistant Commissioner doctor Raymond Suey, commissioned by mister Melman's lawyers as part of the Supreme Court proceedings against the law firm who acted for him in relation to the crash, asserts that the Andrews family suv was traveling at speed and on the wrong side of the road when it struck Ryan in bleir Gowry back in I think it was two thousand and thirteen. I could have the date wrong there. I'll come back to that now. For the record, Dan and Catherine Andrews have dismissed this report and said in a joint statement this week we did nothing wrong. This matter or has already been comprehensively and independently investigated and closed by Victoria Police and integrity agencies. In doctor Schuey's review, Victoria Police committed more than a dozen inexcusable breaches of standard operating procedures. This deepening scandal in golfing the former premier and Victoria Police threatens to further undermine the public's trust in the Victorian justice system. It's almost impossible to look at the numerous breaches without concluding that a plan was executed by members of Victoria Police to subvert the law and to minimize any scrutiny of or adverse consequences for Daniel and Catherine Andrews. One cannot simply assume grossing competence is behind these serious breaches of standard police operating procedures, such as failing to breathalyze the driver when those failures are compounded by deceptive and misleading conduct in falsely claiming a breath test was conducted and was negative. There must be a resolution to this saga that restores the public's faith in the police force, and that can only come if there is clarity around precisely what happened and at who's behest. This scandal is so deep and consequential that it calls for an extraordinary response. Police officers involved in any wrongdoing should be granted full immunity to blow the whistle on this sorry episode. Victorians deserve to know the truth. We want to be able to trust our police and know that they're not complicit in breaking laws to protect the rich or the powerful. Twenty thirteen, We.
Speaker 1: Never doubted you for a second, your absolutely spot on one of Australia's greatest journalists, Reta Banni.
Speaker 4: And did you mention that show of yours? I did it did good?
Speaker 7: But no, no, that report wasn't mine. Michael Warner was the one behind that and he has really done astonishing work in revealing it's a hell.
Speaker 8: Of a story that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, as we've told you outsiders, the three of us will be appearing at the twenty twenty four Seapack Conference, that's the Conservative political Action conference at the Sofaatel in Brisbane on the weekend of October fifth and sixth, only a couple of weeks away, and we will be hosting this very show live from the event.
Speaker 4: So it will be a terrific occasion. If you'd like.
Speaker 1: To see Outsiders live, make sure you go to www dot Seapack dot network to get your tickets.
Speaker 4: We will also be taking questions from members of the audience that's you.
Speaker 1: So if you are attending Seapack, which you certainly should be, and you'll be coming to our show from eight to ten am on.
Speaker 4: Sunday the sixth of October, then please.
Speaker 1: Email your questions too Seapack at sky News dot com dot au now and our producers will be in touch with you.
Speaker 4: It's going to be fantastic.
Speaker 1: We really want to see you and if you enjoy Outsiders well, Outsiders live, you really got to see that now. Joining us now is National Senator Matt Canavan, who himself will be speaking at Seapack in two weeks time. Matt, great to see you, looking forward to seeing you at Seapack. It's going to be an amazing weekend.
Speaker 4: You'll be there. Lots of great people there, lots of great speakers and of course outsiders.
Speaker 1: Live Matt misinformation though I'm sure we'll be talking a lot about that at Seapack, and I don't want you to give away your address to Seapack. But this Combating Misinformation and Disinformation.
Speaker 4: Bill, this is the new big issue.
Speaker 1: I believe that Australians really need strong leadership.
Speaker 4: From the Coalition on tell us what you guys are.
Speaker 20: Doing well, James ol Be there, look forward to seeing you in Queensland in Brisbane, and I think courage everyone to get along because who knows, this might be the last time we can have see you back. I mean, the government's pretty committed here to silencing us.
Speaker 8: To gaging us, so get along this time and use your free speech while you still have it.
Speaker 20: I mean, I think it's remarkable what's going on in this country that we have a government seeking to silence its own citizens. And that's what this is about. This bill, this so called misinformation Bill. It's not about stopping governments. It's not about stopping journalists, not about stopping the mainstream media or the financial sector from telling you lies. It's about silencing you. What it's about. In fact, the bill exempts. It exempts our public health overlords and how many lies did they engage in during the last few years. It exempts our banks who have been found to be defrauding the istral public time and time again over the last decades. And it exempts mainstream media as well. It's not there to protect you from any kind of misleading information. It's there to protect the powerful. It's there to protect them from you who may have the TAMERI to uncover the lies that we're often told by the powerful people in our countries. So we have a long cherished I think history is Australians and thumbing our nose to authority and we need to defend it on mass here.
Speaker 8: So get along to seatback.
Speaker 20: In terms of coalition, well where a lot of us are fighting against this, so I've been very vocal about it. The Shadow Minister had a very good David Coleman had a very good column in your paper, James, the Daily Telegraph this week saying the Coalition does not support the bill and we've got to go through our own processes as well, but I'm confident we will come out hard against this it's not something we've proposed, and we'll fight it to the death in the Senate.
Speaker 11: James, Well, Matt, one of the things that you talk about and you see in this bill when you go through it is that, you know, beyond the free speech issue, this really creates two tiers of Australians. You've got a protected class who can see what they want, and you've got everybody else. Everybody else will have their speech policed, not directly by the government by this, but by big tech. Will be a rate of fines, so they become this imprivate enforcer. And what we want is the danger here really that you wind up with these protected classes seeing things that can be completely wrong, like we've seen during the pandemic, like we've seen during other things, and yet nobody can question them because it's this self reinforcing cycle of bad information being repeated by people who are officially trusted and unquestionable.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's right, James.
Speaker 20: I mean, I think what's happened here is that those that would like to craft and design the public narratives that we all march behind have been shocked in the last few years that in fact they can't control what people think that, in fact, thanks to the rise of social media, that sometimes laws are exposed very very quickly, and we saw that in an accelerated form during the COVID pandemic, where it was an explicit strategy of some public health officials two lighter people so that they could increase compliance.
Speaker 8: With their dictates.
Speaker 20: And deed, Anthony Fauci admitted that he admitted that he lied about the effectiveness of masks because he wanted to try and encourage uptake. I'm sure we don't have a direct evidence of this, but clearly public health officials downplayed the side effects of vaccines. Vaccines like Astrazeneka, which has now delisted, they downplayed that in an attempt to try and boost uptake. Now they think they're going by admirable goals, but I think it's really really dangerous to give a select group within our country special rights to tell us what to believe, even if they're telling knowing lies, because they're exempt from that, exempt from this bill. They're the ones engaging in misinformation. I mean, the government is the biggest spread of misinformation. We've got a Prime minister in there right now who told us we would get lower power bills by two.
Speaker 8: Hundred and seventy five dollars. There'll be no sanction for him under this bill.
Speaker 20: It'll only be the average Joe in Australia, Joe and Jill in Australia who face a gag from their own government.
Speaker 8: It's a disgraceful in any democracy.
Speaker 7: You mentioned admirable goals, and the government is trying to sell this on the basis of safety. They're doing it for our own good. They want us to shut up for our own good. What's your response to that strategy? Because it worked very effectively during COVID people were just lining up to be oppressed. They wanted more and more of it. So do you think it's actually going to bamboozle people who perhaps aren't aware of the depths of this issue that may not be active on social media, They don't understand just how or welly in it all is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, it's a good point, Rader.
Speaker 20: I mean, I think the COVID pandemic was horrible for many people, but the silver lining is that a lot of people have worken up. A lot of people saw the person behind the curtain after it all washed up. And I don't think the Australia people are going to be hoodwinked again here so soon at least, So of course there'll be a lot of claims here that this is to stop violent conduct, this is to stop child pornography, or this is to stop foreign state actors from influencing ourselves, when in fact.
Speaker 8: When you look at the bill, when you look at the government's.
Speaker 20: Own expontory documents, you uncover the lie here that's behind this. You uncover the fact that what they're concerned about is that, in their own words, false and misleading information about referendum proposals. That's what it says in the government's explanatory memorandum. And keep in mind those documents have legal force. When a court comes to interpret this law, they will refer back or can refer back to these explanatory documents. So the government says that effectively tells us all the reason they've got to do this is because they're still.
Speaker 8: Licking their wounds.
Speaker 20: They're humiliating loss in the voice referendum, where astrain people of a vast majority already say no to a government that just wanted to divide us by racing our constitution. They're still very very upset about that, and they say mass is a tool to stop such a humilating loss.
Speaker 1: Again, Matt, the key point with the Voice, The reason the Voice lost is because the Coalition was absolutely single minded in its opposition to It. Took a while to get there, Rita and James and I argued about that a lot at the time, but they got there to an absolutely crystal clear no position.
Speaker 4: No qualifications, no ifs and buts.
Speaker 1: My concern, Matt is that there are mixed messages coming out of the Coalition on this misinformation and disinformation, such as, for example, playing foot seas with the E Safety Commissioner, who should be sacked along with so many other public servants.
Speaker 4: This idea of banning social media.
Speaker 1: For some kids and not other kids, or whatever it is certain age groups. Why can't the Coalition take an unequivocal position saying that they support free speech and that means supporting free speech in all its manifestations, not just some of them.
Speaker 20: That well, I take some issue there with you, Row and I can't. I haven't seen an example of a Coalition member of Parliament giving any support to this misinformation bill. That this is the final version or the table parliamentary version of an exposure draft last year, and we fought the exposure draft very strongly. Now keep in mind we haven't met as a group since the bill was tabled on the last day of the sitting week, the last House of Representative sitting week, so we haven't been able to consider it as a group. And so that's why I suppose it's not the official media release, so to speak, becaus I said a shadow minsis has been very strong in it. I'm sure we will come out against it, and I do think this is very different from the issues around whether young children should have social media, even different from at least the original objective of the Safety Commissioner, which was about bullying of young people and child pornography and the like. Obviously there needs to be regulatory standards around that type of conduct, but this is not about that at all, and I do think you'll find a very an equivocal view about this from the Coalition. I'll certainly be fighting for that.
Speaker 8: I should take the other thing.
Speaker 20: I don't think I appreciate your compliments to the culition about the voice result, but I don't think it was just us. I mean, we did help, but it was the thousands upon thousands of Australian sharing things on social media, having conversations with people, so everybody watching today can have that influence. There's been a remarkable reaction on social media to some of the things I've been doing and others have been doing on this bill. So we need your help too. It's not just a don't just rely on politicians to save you. That's not a winning strategy in my experience.
Speaker 8: Reason No.
Speaker 7: I know Matt is sticking up for the Coalition there, but we have seen some very confused commentary around the Office of the Safety Commissioner, even after that office has been politicized and really gone far away from its initial role, which was protecting children from harmful online.
Speaker 1: Well that's for us to debate at SEAPAC. Matt, can't wait to see you there again. We always have a good ad buyers there at Seapack, don't you worry about that. Lots and lots of fun. We'll see you there fifth to sixth of October there at the soph Hotel in Brisbane. After the break, we'll speak to British Commander Rich kemp Adune War.
Speaker 5: Middle East in a tick.
Speaker 1: Well extraordinary week this week in the Middle East, joining US now to discuss that escalating conflict in the extraordinary pages slash, blowing up phones, etc.
Speaker 14: Etc.
Speaker 1: Attacks against Hezbolla. Former British commander Great friend of the show, Richard Kemp. Colonel Richard Kemp, Richard.
Speaker 4: Great to see you. You're in Washington. I gata what just tell us?
Speaker 1: Really fascinated by the military side, the complexity of the pager attacks.
Speaker 4: So these pages blew up with hes.
Speaker 1: Boller they were only there were pages that only went to Hesboler operatives.
Speaker 4: They blew up, killed, several, injured, many more.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the military side of this attack from your point to view, Richard.
Speaker 14: Yeah, good to be with you.
Speaker 21: This is a very devastating attack against his Ballare and it's extremely It's probably about the most carefully focused attack you could ever launch against the terrorist organization because it's targeted on individuals who are members of the his Billare terrorist organization. It's incredibly sophisticated work by presumably by Israeli intelligence. Although they haven't acknowledged that it was them that did it, I think most people assume that it was and it's not only does it do real damage to his Balah, and I'm talking about destroying their communication system to all intents and purposes with both pages and also walkie talkies, but also killing probably quite a large number of mass operatives, including senior ones, and wounding severely wounding many many others. Very damaging and also deeply humiliating to his blare across the Middle East.
Speaker 14: That has been.
Speaker 21: His bar has been ridiculed by on social media and in some mainstream media for failing to have that level of security needed to be weak enough to allow israelative to carry this operation, So a very very serious attack against his BOLLA, which could have strategic consequences.
Speaker 11: James, Well, you know, along with that, we've now seen the walk he talk has exploded, and now they've hit Hamas operatives meeting to talk about what to do. This would seem to be the other benefits as well, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Number one, I imagine that this would be psychologically hugely crippling to Hezbollah and their operatives who would now be just you know, completely paranoid because they don't know where the next thing that's going to what literally explode on them is. But also it seems to have a huge intelligence trove now on you know who is in Hezbollah, who these people are, everybody who went to the hospital. They've got information now on everybody who's now linked at the level where they'd be getting one of these pages. Could you speak to that a bit.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Whether it's such a massive security breach as this was, any organization that stuffers from it immediately wants to carry out investigations to find out who was responsible, because of course if they're still active within the organization, which they probably are, then they could do even more damage, and so it becomes critical, and that in itself is a crippling operation where everyone's under suspicion or many people a under suspicion, and they don't, as you just said, they don't literally don't know which way to turn in terms, you know, can they use the mobile phones, Can they use their electric tooth process? Can they use computers? Is there a risk in all of this stuff? So it's very, very psychologically damaging to them, Rita.
Speaker 7: I'm interested in your response to the commentary we've heard since this attack was took place. A lot of politicians, even we've got a Green senators here, including Marine Ferruki, saying this was just an unacceptable actor. A lot of people are calling it an act of terror essentially. Is that how you see it? I would have thought targeting has Bullard operatives was as far away as from terrorism as you could possibly get. They're not. They weren't targeting just a regular folk. But there is a lot of commentary that this was an indiscriminate attack and innocent people were caught up in it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because everything Israel does is wrong.
Speaker 4: Glad you cleared that.
Speaker 15: So now I understand what I've been misreading.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Richard. Excellent.
Speaker 7: Good that's what Senator Marine FERUCKI.
Speaker 4: You nailed it there, Richard, carry on.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean you know, Israel carries out attacking Gaza to kill terrorists hiding behind human shields and tragically uninvolved vili and sometimes died despite the precautions that the Ideaf take. And then so that's wrong because it risks civilin death. Then when Israel carries out a really pinpoint attack like this, Okay, there may have been one or two people killed who shouldn't have been killed in this attack, but that happens.
Speaker 14: In war, and it's not terrorists. This is not a terrorist attack.
Speaker 21: It's the most probably most precise anti terrorist attack you could carry out in Israel.
Speaker 14: Is it perfectly entitled to.
Speaker 21: Target those people who have been firing rockets into Israel more than eight thousand rockets since the eighth of October, firing rockets almost every day into Israel.
Speaker 14: Why shouldn't they carry these attacks?
Speaker 1: And Richard just you mentioned that, so surely now we can expect to see, you know, tell us what the war goals are.
Speaker 4: Who said the goal is to get those people.
Speaker 1: Who had to move out of northern Israel because of those rocket attacks you mentioned. Can they now go back in is Israel going to focus on his Bolla now finishing off the job. Will we see Israeli troops moving into Lebanon or are they now going to refocus on Hamas. What do you think the strategy is going forward in the next few weeks.
Speaker 21: Well, her Mass have been largely defeated in Gaza. They're still there, there's still terrorist acts taking place inside Gaza by the remnants of the Mass, but they've been largely defeated. And that means that the Idea now are able to move reinforce out of Gaza to the northern front.
Speaker 14: And we have seen, in fact, we've seen.
Speaker 21: Today even only today, we've seen devastating attacks by Israel against his Blah in Beirut and elsewhere, killing large numbers of terrorists, destroying rocket launchers, preempting what the idea of believe was a planned, major, planned attack against Israel. That but we have seen this evening. I'm not sure how that relates to the time zone that you're in or I'm in in the time zone in Israel. But today, shall we pay today or yesterday?
Speaker 14: We've seen.
Speaker 21: A very very significant barrage of rockets fired out of the level and about one hundred and twenty rockets reportedly going deep into Israel, some of them not actually hitting HiFER, which is further south than Hisbela has been seriously attacking recently, not actually hitting higher, but hitting a lot of places nearby Heifer. So it's a real move, it's a real change. I think in his Bla's actions it shows that they are really reeling for what's happened. I'm sure of those one hundred and twenty most of them will have been intercepted by Iron Dome and other air defense system but there may well have been. And literally the reports are coming in now about this, there may well have been a number of Israeli casualties, have been quite widespread fires caused in northern Israel by of these rockets of London, and probably mainly in open or forested areas well.
Speaker 11: The one of the chances, then, now, with these two Iranian proxies Hamas and Hezbolla seriously weakened and disorganized, that i Ran itself decides to step back into this and escalate the conflict, to basically avenge their proxies or buy them some time to keep the pressure on Israel. I can't see them just simply letting these two fronts fade back.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 21: And although as I just said, Hamas have been largely defeated, not totally destroyed, but largely defeated a major, a major proxy of Iran, and now with his Bolla under serious pressure in the North Ran, Iran may well be tempted to wage in itself and carry out maybe a similar kind of barrage of rocket attacks as it did on the fourteenth of April. And you can be sure, I know for sure that Arab countries like Jordan are ready to intercept the Iranian rockets coming from either from Irr and self or from the hoofs in Yemen. And I'm sure also I don't know this for certain, but I'd be surprised if Allied Air Force is like the US Air Force and the Royal Air Force, are not already preparing themselves to help defend Israel. Israel's focus is clearly on the north, but it has to protect itself throughout the whole country as well, And as we saw on the fourteenth of April, its allies, I hope will come to its aid and try and minimize the damage that's being done by Iran and its proxies. But I think we are I didn't really answer Rowan's question properly earlier. I think we are getting close to the point where Israel may feel now it's the time to carry a major offensive into southern Lebanon, to push to destroy parts of his bill are there, and push the remnants back up north where they're not presenting quite such a threat, and thereby allowing the sixty to eighty thousand Israeli citizens who've been a vacuum for about a year now to go back to their homes.
Speaker 1: Richard Camp fantastic, always chatting to you. Enjoy your time there in Washington, and we'll chat again soon. Thanks so much for your insights. After the break, we'll speak to Ian Clymer about the wild climate alarmism coming at us daily.
Speaker 4: From the left Uniting.
Speaker 1: Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita Popular Front, Panahe James Enemy of the People tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And myself Rowan World Revolution Dean.
Speaker 1: Earlier this year, Columbia University in America and New York re established its credentials as one of the most hardcore left wing radical campuses in America, indeed in the West, with violent pro Palestinians occupying the university's Hamilton Hall and quote a troubling pattern of Jewish students being harassed and made to feel unsafe, so much so that by the end of the US summer holidays, the universe city's hackless president minus Chaffique, decided to quote step down.
Speaker 4: Will things change there?
Speaker 1: Unlikely given the university's history, but at least someone recognized that a head needed to roll here. In Australia this week, Minuz Schaffique's equivalent to our once prestigious but now laughable Sydney University Vice Chancellor Mark Scott quote conceded he has failed his Jewish students and staff, and even as James was saying earlier, Education Minister Jason Clair apparently declined to say he has any confidence in Mark Scott.
Speaker 4: At the same time as.
Speaker 1: Numerous Jewish groups have questioned Scott's position, as The Australian Newspaper reported, quote the Australasian Union of Jewish Students said the University of Sydney was probably one of the worst places to be Jewish, to be a Jewish student right now, and they said quote vote. When pressed by Opposition Education spokeswoman Sarah Henderson and Senator Paul scar on whether this constituted failure of leadership, Mark Scott said quote yes. I have failed them and the university has failed them. Following the protest, Mark Scott struck an agreement with the university's Muslim Students Association to give it a seat on a committee that would review the university's defense and security investments.
Speaker 4: I should say heads needs to roll.
Speaker 1: This is just appalling and it goes without saying that Mark Scott, who was equally appalling by the way, in my opinion as head of the ABC for many years, should resign or immediately be forced to step down. By an incoming coalition government. But back to Columbia University that gifted Western civilization the likes of Barack Obama, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Anthony Blincoln. Columbia has a very long history of being a hotbed of radical leftist activism. Send your kids there at your peril and at their peril.
Speaker 4: I say.
Speaker 1: For example, back in the nineteen sixties, two sociology professors at Columbia University came up with a novel concept for wait for it, how to destroy the United States from within.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what that's got to do with sociology, but anyway, their names were Richard Cloward and Francis Fox Piven. Now I'll confess to you. I dropped out from the air and you studying, among other things, sociology as part of an arts degree. When I realized, after inly a few months at sociology was stating the bleeding obvious mashed up with total brain rotting leftist nonsense. So I start from a low bar of expectation when it comes to sociology professors. But even so, Cloud and Piven decided studying how people interact in social settings wasn't nearly enough of a challenge for them, so they decided instead to destroy capitalism, or rather, as they chose to put it in the article a jointly publish in the notorious May nineteen sixty sixth issue of The Nation magazine, quote the Weight of the Poor a strategy to end poverty. Now, of course, many people have come up with all sorts of ideas to end poverty, Bob Hawk, for example, although he limited it to the kiddies. By nineteen ninety, no Australian child will be living in poverty.
Speaker 5: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Then, of course, we had our own treasurer, Jim Chalmers, who made a goose of himself by publishing a lengthy essay outlining his plans to reinvent capitalism by humanizing it or some other fanciful notion.
Speaker 4: Charmers attempted to.
Speaker 1: Give his essay a veneer of respectability and seriousness by, in the opening sentence quoting the ancient Greek Stoic philosopher Heraclitus, who said, quote no man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river, and he's not the same man.
Speaker 4: Nice tried to Chalmers.
Speaker 1: The old wiki quotes always comes in handy when you're preparing an article. But from the moment Jim penned his mighty tone, the Australian economy certainly appears to have stepped into something. I'm not sure it's a river, more like an aromatic creek without a paddle. Anyway, back to our two gallant Columbia sociology professors and their paper which became well known to anarchists and anti capitalists alike during the turbulent nineteen seventies as the Clowd Pythn Strategy. The opening paragraph spells it out pretty unambiguously. Quote, it is our purpose to advance the strategy, which affords the basis for a convergence of civil rights organizations, militant anti poverty groups, and the poor. If this strategy were implemented, a political crisis would result that could lead to legislation for a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty. Nice unproven assertion there at the end, as Cloud and Pyven wrote, quote, a series of welfare drives in large cities, would we believe impel action on a new federal program to distribute income, eliminating the present public welfare system and alleviating the abject poverty which it perpetrates.
Speaker 4: They go on.
Speaker 1: Quote these disruptions would generate severe political strains and deepen existing divisions among elements in the big city democratic coalition, the remaining white middle class, the white working class, ethnic groups, and the growing minority poor. A national democratic administration would be constrained to advance a federal solution to poverty. The paper then outlines this is from the seventies. Remember how to quote generate such a crisis in capitalism by.
Speaker 4: Overloading the welfare.
Speaker 1: System and encouraging more and more people to sign on to the doll and grab any and every government entitlement.
Speaker 4: Organizers will have to become.
Speaker 1: Advocates, wrote Cloud and Piven, including and they specifically mentioned activist lawyers and their reasoning most cases will not require an expert knowledge of law, but only of welfare regulations, and advocacy must be supplemented by organized demonstrations to create a climate of militancy.
Speaker 4: Then, as the crisis develops, it will be important to use the.
Speaker 1: Mass media to inform the broader liberal meaning left wing community about the inefficiencies and injustices of welfare and throughout the crisis the mass media should be used to advance arguments for a new federal income distribution program. Cloud and Cliven Piven also pointed out, somewhat gleefully, that anyone who insists upon extracting maximum benefits from public welfare is in effect part of a coalition that is contributing to the cause. And that cause, in their own words, is the ultimate aim of this strategy, is a new program for direct income distribution brought about through the force of crisis. And crisis they define as publicly visible disruption which exposes or creates conflict. So there you have it, in a nutshell, political anarchy, violence, and unrest is clemented to such a degree, and they specifically wanted a Democrat government to do this. At first, the welfare system is overwhelmed the rule of law, and then capitalism itself collapses and a powerful authoritarian government steps in, seizes all the means of production, introduces a controlled economy by force, including a basic minimum wage, and hey, presto, you've got an end to poverty, except, of course, it never is an end to poverty, is it. This strategy and this goal has another name, one that history is only all too familiar with. Communism an Unlike free market capitalism, which has done far more to end poverty than any other system, Communism has led to some of the most brutal and industrial scale evil regimes and destitution in the world. Has ever seen his Trump supporter and prominent conservative Charlie Kirk speaking about his interpretation of the Cloud Piven strategy and what he perceives to be its relevance in America today.
Speaker 2: What the Democrats are doing is a deliberate plan of destruction against the United States of America. In the nineteen seventies, there were two Marxist communist political philosophers, Cloward Piven, who wrote a document saying that we are going to turn America into a communist country by doing three things. We will destroy the US dollar by printing trillions of dollars.
Speaker 4: We do not have.
Speaker 2: We will build a deep state of government agents that will go after everyday citizens and that will that will absorb the private sector. And we will open up the southern border the United States to allow tens of millions of Third worlders to come into the country. This is called the Cloward Piven strategy. Trillions of dollars, we do not have, a deep state, administrative state that is destroying the country and is locking up our political dissidents and allowing the Third world to come into America. It is not a mistake or an accident what Joe Biden is doing.
Speaker 4: It is intentional.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 1: But it is the penultimate sentence of the original Cloud Piven or Private that is most prescient and most chilling.
Speaker 4: And that is quote. If organizers can deliver millions of dollars in.
Speaker 1: Cash benefits to the ghetto, it seems reasonable to expect that the masses will deliver their loyalties to their benefactors. Sound familiar, as the Democrats literally poor millions and millions of Third World immigrants into the US and spread the welfare states trillions of dollars. This is much much more to the There is much much more to the US election than just Trump versus Harris. Whether by coincidence or by design, what is happening now in the United States is in lockstep with that cloud Python plan to bring about communism in America. By overwhelming the borders, the welfare system, and the courts, you get anarchy. And only when you have anarchy do the people beg for totalitarianism.
Speaker 4: Here in Australia.
Speaker 1: Of course, we too appear to be playing foot seas with Cloud and Pyven. The Albanesi government is bringing in the greatest number of immigrants this nation has ever seen. Our welfare system is now out of control and the largest part of our federal budget, and our government literally encourages people.
Speaker 4: To get onto the public gravy train.
Speaker 1: They even run websites telling you which payments you can get, just in case you might miss out. There is a famous quotation, sometimes attributed to alex Tokerville or Scottish academic Alexander Fraser Tyler. A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves larges from the public treasury. On November fifth, I guess we'll find out the truth of that assertion. Let's bring in our next guest, geologist, Professor.
Speaker 4: Ian Plymer, live from Adelaide. Ian, always great to see you and to have you here on Outsiders.
Speaker 1: Now tell us, first of all, I wanted to ask you about Ed Millerband.
Speaker 4: Who is Britain's answer to Chris Bowen.
Speaker 1: They share a lot in common, Professor, and I'm going to play you a short clip of Ed Miller band this week talking to the voters of the UK. He's only recently taken over the portfolio. I'd love to see him and Bowen and a meeting together. It'd be so much fun. But have a listen to this clown.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 22: It's to the other the name Barack Obama has been elected President of the United States. Hussain Ball is breaking records at the Beijing Olympics, and Batman is dominating at the box office.
Speaker 5: And I'm the Energy Secretary.
Speaker 4: Yes, like Batman, I've returned. Now we've learned a lot.
Speaker 16: Back then, we used to talk, or I used to talk about an energy hi lemma. What's a trelemma. A dilemma is a choice between two things. A trilemma is a choice where there are three things and you can't have all three. The choice between affordability, security and sustainability. And the idea was that fossil fuels might not be sustainable, but they did give you affordability and security. But since then we've had the terrible cost of living crisis, which was caused by our exposure to fossil fuels. So that old trilemma has disintegrated.
Speaker 4: So is he correct.
Speaker 1: Let's do our own little fact checking misinformation disinformation. He seems to be asserting there that fossil fuels of caused Britain's problems at the moments in climber.
Speaker 5: Well is absolutely totally wrong.
Speaker 23: Fossil fuels actually provide medication, and he should change his.
Speaker 7: He was also adding the solar farms in talking about how the solar farms are so important to Britain's future. I mean, how much sunlight do they have there that these solar farms are actually going to be creating much energy?
Speaker 23: Well, the UK is a precipitous, sunless, miserable island somewhere out there in the siege.
Speaker 5: And why did.
Speaker 23: The English go to for their holidays to get some sun? Again, totally absolutely wrong. Maybe we should add another medication to his protocol, James, I wanted.
Speaker 11: To ask you. I there's been a fascinating story coming out of the States over the last couple of days. Here apparently Microsoft has gone and bought the old three Mile Island reactor site, which is, you know, the nuclear reactor that when I was drawing up or said, oh, that's why you shouldn't have nuclear reactors because they realize, you know, that they need nuclear energy, cheap, reliable power to power their data centers. How much is Australia missing out here by not being able to tap this form of energy here at home, when in America even private companies like Microsoft and Amazon are doing this.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 23: Of the world's electricity is used in data systems. Microsoft are very much aware of that. We are you using more and more of these big systems with a huge amount of grunt. If things had gone a little bit differently with the Liberal Party in the late sixties early seventies, we would have had our first nuclear reactor sitting in Jarvis Bay.
Speaker 5: The foundations are there.
Speaker 23: But once Gorton lost power and Billy McMahon came in, then the whole program was shelved.
Speaker 5: And when Labour came in in nineteen seventy two that was the end of it.
Speaker 23: We were very nearly a nuclear country. We would have been a very wealthy country where we would have had nuclear, coal, gas and hydro operating. In Eastern Australia and in Western Australia we would.
Speaker 5: Have had gas, coal and nuclear.
Speaker 23: We blew a magnificent opportunity to be the powerhouse of the South Pacific, and we're.
Speaker 7: Still blowing opportunities in. We are sitting on hundreds of years maybe even more of gas reserves, and yet we've got gas shortages and the gas prices of absolutely skyrocket. Do you see a future where there's a little bit more sanity in our energy policy in this country?
Speaker 23: Well, where you live Rita, there are thousands of years of coal, there are thousands of years of gas. Victorian government has been telling us for years that there's no gas on shore.
Speaker 5: They're wrong.
Speaker 23: I've been to the Wombatfield in Gippsland area. Five wells there were flashed with gas. There is a lot of gas in Victoria. For the rest of Australia, we have thousands of years of gas, thousands of years of coal and millions of years of uranium. We are an energy superpower. We will never be a renewable superpower because the only thing renewable about the renewables is the money. It just keeps coming and ultimately it runs out. So we are an energy rich country. We are blowing it now.
Speaker 1: And you're a geologist, I want to refer to this to you. It's in our net zany segment. But it could equally have come out of ice age Watch. The Washington Post is reporting that average global temperatures are near wait for it, and all time low. Now they've taken that data back one hundred and eighty five million years to discover that we're at the bottom four hundred and five Wow, sorry is four hundred and eighty five million years, So they've gone back nearly five hundred million years. Are you surprised the end to find we're at the lower end? I mean it has been very cold in South Australia and New South Wales recently. I don't know if these two facts are related that tell us your thoughts.
Speaker 23: Well, this is well known in the geological literature. Since we had complex, multi sedular life on Earth, we have had a decreasing.
Speaker 5: The amount of carbon diox on the atmosphere.
Speaker 23: It's gone from zero point seven, which was five hundred million years ago, to point zero four. So we are having a crisis in carbon dioxide. There's not enough plant food in the atmosphere. The second thing is that we've had periods of time when it's been very cold, and we're in the fourth period of time during the last five hundred million years when it's been very cold. We're actually in an ice age and it started thirty four million years ago when South America pulled away from Antarctica. We are in an ice age, and during that ice age we have slightly colder periods called glaciation and slightly warmer periods and into glacial and we're currently an into glacial. Now, no legislation is going to change the distance we are from the sun.
Speaker 5: Change ensure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you could they do They can do those things. The Labor Party, I'm an easy one for elbows.
Speaker 5: Pretty good. Now, let's this has been well known in the literature for at least one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of literature, you are a brilliant author and many people love your books. So I'm going to take this opportunity to exclusively reveal it.
Speaker 4: You've got a new book coming out, tell us about a Lion.
Speaker 23: Well, this is being released at Sea Pack, which is in Brisbane on the fifth and sixth of October. This is an ABC for his own. You won't ever welcome to country there. You'll have no Communists or Green Party there. You'll have the Trio of Turpitudes from Sky there. James, and if you meet James there, make sure you get him to pronounce the word Iran correctly.
Speaker 5: If you see Rowan, make sure that you straighten up his tie and he doesn't if he's just fallen out of bed.
Speaker 23: And with Rita you can have a gentle ladylike discussion about leadership in the Victorian Liberal partnership.
Speaker 4: Give me some kind.
Speaker 5: Words about them.
Speaker 23: And if you come along to Sea Pack, I might even have a haircut, but I'll be there with a new book called The End of the World.
Speaker 5: Of editor of this book.
Speaker 23: There are a number of well known authors there, people like Rowan.
Speaker 5: Rowan Dean didn't get a look in.
Speaker 23: But we have John Roscom and others who are authors.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: That book is written for children. That book is to talk about the child abuse that.
Speaker 23: We've been having for the last couple of decades, where kids are having anxiety about climate and about the end of the world. And this book shows that this is just propaganda. It's absolute total rubbish. It is really dangerous rubbish. And if you want to go to Seapac, wonderful place to be just above Central Station in Brisbane, you can go straight upstairs into the venue. You will be meeting all the specky writers. You'll be meeting all the s guy presenters. I think I've done you adversement now.
Speaker 1: It's a great conference, fantastic look forward to seeing you there at the Gradi and Pimer after the break James don guivotes plus Natasha Housdorff.
Speaker 4: Well here in a tip on outside of.
Speaker 11: Hello, you're watching out Siders. I'm James Borrow here as always with Rita Panahey and Rowan Dean, and I've got some breaking news for you. Forget about the election. It appears that America already has its first female president. Check this out. The Biden administration, led by the non compassmentist Joe Biden, just held its first cabinet meeting in eleven months, which I guess is fine because there's been nothing going on in the world the last year. So but this is what's interesting. Look who was sitting at the head of the table.
Speaker 24: She's talked about the fact that sometimes the White House, in her words, surprises you. And for somebody who has worked on women's health issues for her whole career, frankly as a teacher, but also as the second Lady and now as the first Lady, she said one of the things that struck her the most was the inequities in medical research funding for medical research for women, So this is an important priority of hers.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's right, it was Jill, or rather doctor Jill Biden to you. Watch here as the co president Joe kicked off the meeting and everyone clapped, well almost everyone.
Speaker 6: United States continues to be home to the most cutting edge research in the world and where everyone can lead healthier lives.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Sorry, Oh poor Joe. Does he not know what's going on? Or is he still annoyed at having been usurped again? Anyway, they did actually let the President speak to introduce Jill. And remember this is a guy who apparently was not capable of running for president, but is still capable of being being president.
Speaker 25: It's the first time Jill has joined us and go to show how important issue is. Where she's about to speak to the both of us today at the top of our meeting. Jill's going to a given update on the House initiative, White House Initiative to fundamentally changed the approach and the fund on how we approach in fund women's health services.
Speaker 11: And if anyone has any doubts that we are now in at least a full co presidency phase of this president. The official honorary folders for the meeting were emblazoned not just with Joe's signature, but with Jill's or sorry, doctor Jill's signature. Now it's quite crazy when you think about it. How when Donald Trump as president walked slowly down a ramp that one time. Remember that everybody was ready to go the full twenty fifth Amendment on him. But the media treats this situation as just, you know, normal, not weird. Anyway, speaking of weird versus normal, My god, how about that interview Kamala Harris did with Oprah? Did you see this again? In even the most softball form, Harris was left grasping for answers, laughing nervously, and repeating the same set pieces that have been running her entire mini campaign. First a bit of Harris just talking about well, who knows. And there's a great moment here when it looks like even Oprah is having a WTF moment.
Speaker 26: One of the greatest expressions.
Speaker 4: For the love of our country, one of the.
Speaker 26: Greatest expressions of patriotism is to fight for the ideals of who we are, which includes freedom to make decisions about your own body, freedom to be safe from gun violence, freedom to have access.
Speaker 11: Looking over his face.
Speaker 4: What is this woman talking about?
Speaker 11: Anyway? The premise of the forum was for Harris to be asked some very basic questions, questions which she still struggled with, even though they're entirely predictable. Here she was being asked about what she do about the border.
Speaker 8: When you become president. What would be your specific steps?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, what will.
Speaker 8: Be specific steps to strengthening the border.
Speaker 3: So it's a wonderful and important question. You know, my background was as a prosecutor, and I was also the elected attorney general for two terms of a border state, So this is not a theoretical issue for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yea yeah.
Speaker 11: You know, she's always on about being a prosecutor. But you know how great a record she had as a prosecutor. Remember this from when Tulsi Robert absolutely eviscerated her back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I'm deeply concerned about this record. There are too many examples.
Speaker 17: To cite, but she put over fifteen hundred people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.
Speaker 5: She blocked evidence.
Speaker 3: She blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so.
Speaker 27: She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them.
Speaker 3: As cheap labor for the state of California.
Speaker 11: That pretty much blew her out of the twenty twenty primary, and yet she's still talking about what a great prosecutor she was anyway. On the border, Harris rambled on for a full three minutes before a visibly bored Oprah finally jumped in to save her.
Speaker 3: Is it about running on problems or fixing problems? My work in my career has always been about saying, let's fix problems, let's address the needs, because we know it's within our capacity to do that.
Speaker 11: So to answer Justin's question, now that that bill has gone, it hasn't passed, will you reintroduce that. Harris also got a completely unexpected I mean, why in the world would anybody ask the question about the cost of living? And she got it from this young couple. Check out the panic in her eyes and the total non answer.
Speaker 3: We really would love to know what your plan is to help lower the cost of living. Yeah, first, of all, thank you both for being here and yours is a story I hear around the country as I travel, and in terms of both rightly having the right to have aspirations and dreams and ambitions for your family, and working hard and finding that the American dream is for the this generation and so many recently, far more elusive than it's been. And we need to deal with that. And there are a number of ways. One is bringing down the cost of everyday necessities, including groceries.
Speaker 11: Okay, so let's get this straight. To lower the cost of living, we have to bring down the cost of groceries. Wow, but how well we never told that anyway, Someone alert the Nobel Prize people. I think we've got a finalist in economics. Oh and then there was also this fantastic but but this might be my favorite here when Harris tried to pretend that she is a red blood and Second Amendment gun loving real American having a laugh about a very laughable topic of shooting anyone who broke into her house gun owner?
Speaker 5: Does a god know that.
Speaker 3: My house is a getting shot?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes, I hear that. I hear that, probably not, but will deal.
Speaker 6: With that later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how funny.
Speaker 11: Here, Kamala, I'm sorry, you're protected by the Secret Service. If anybody's shooting an intruder, it's them, unless, of course, that lady who couldn't holster her gun is in your detail, but who knows anyway. I reckon though, if you parse all of this, Kamala Harris's internal polls are telling her something she's not thrilled about. If she's having to go out and pander to gun owners like this, I mean, could it be that the joy has gone out of her campaign? The whole thing, that whole thing, But this whole campaign really revealed Kamala Harris to be an entirely empty vessel without an original thought in her head, which the media doesn't care about, frankly, because they just want to evict Trump so badly from the police scene. And of course, frankly, whoever is actually running the country, because it's not Joe or even Jill Well, they don't mind this either because they know if Kamala comes in, they'll still be in charge when the Bidens shuffle off to their beach house for good.
Speaker 1: Fantastic James, extraordinary, Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: I mean serious, seriously, it just what.
Speaker 11: An empty Vessel. I mean, she has been on this campaign for how many weeks now, and she still doesn't have an answer to the question what will you do to bring down the cost?
Speaker 4: I can't believe we truandslide.
Speaker 7: Because the media propaganda campaign is like nothing we've seen before. It is astonishing.
Speaker 1: Okay, our next guest is UK Barrison, Natasha house Storf, Natasha.
Speaker 4: Great to have you back here on outside.
Speaker 1: As we were talking earlier to Colonel Richard Kemp kind of about the military aspects of the pages exploding and the walkie talkies exploding and the current activity the war that's happening to Israel's North, I wanted to ask you about the kind of legal ramifications of this. As Rita was saying earlier, there's a lot of the criticism from the usual suspects on the left as all this was indiscriminate targeting, et cetera, et cetera, YadA YadA. But you've written very brilliantly about the legal aspects of the PAGA attacks.
Speaker 4: Explain your thinking to us well, thank you.
Speaker 28: I was prompted to respond to some of this misinformed analysis that claimed that whoever was behind these PAGA explosions. Subsequently, walkie talkies, smart watchers, intercoms, many things have been exploding in close proximity, if not on the persons of Rizbala operatives, not just in Lebanon, and the analysis so far has been desperately lacking in real international law. These are the most targeted strikes one could possibly imagine, given that they are where we're talking about the pages themselves. His BUTA issued to terror operatives that have been targeting the terrorists and those that are in the chain of command specifically that have been taking their instructions from his Bulla directly. It's probably worth noting that, so far as we understand it, these pages were issued because his BLA was concerned that smartphones might give away too much information to the Israelis, and in the context of distinction, necessity, proportionality, these principles of the laws of armed conflict being adhered to in an exemplary fashion. Really, all the criticism that we've seen in the context of international law has been extremely troubling because it is fueling a lot of this misrepresentation about international law and about international humanitarian.
Speaker 4: Law, the law of armed conflict.
Speaker 7: More specifically, I want to just read you a statement from Marine Ferruki. She's a senator in the Australian Parliament of Greens member and she posted this on her social media. She said, the horrific pages attack that has killed nine people, including a young child, and left thousands wounded across Lebanon is exactly the type of sickening warfare people in Melbourne were protesting against. We had these wide protests in Victoria a week ago. The perpetrators must be held to account. Now you've just given us an explanation of why you say this isn't indiscriminate, it's very much targeted. But what's your response to to Senator Ferruki and to others who have we lost that. I've read sat statement and she's just said enough.
Speaker 4: I can't have Tasha back in a second.
Speaker 1: But while we're waiting, I just wanted to pick up on something about the free speech discussion we were having with Senator Matt Canavan earlier. And there is a rally coming up this next Saturday in Sydney. There's a public rally which is about the Information Misinformation Disinformation Bill. It's called Stop Albanesi's Misinformation and Disinformation Bill. It's going to be held at Speaker's Corner in Sydney. That's Art Gallery Road, the domain that's there in the domain opposite the new South Wales Art Gallery.
Speaker 4: There's loads of speakers. We'll still will be turning up there.
Speaker 1: There's a humorous George Orwell visual there up on your screen at the moment, and I urge you to go to that public rally eleven thirty am next Saturday, That Saturday, the twenty eighth, stop Albanesi's Misinformation and Disinformation Bill. Please to say, Natasha, we've got you back. So the technology works and you're back. Carry on answering reads.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, So your response to Senator Froki and others, And I've also heard criticism from those quarters, from commentators saying, well, what if one of these pages was on a train or on an aeroplane and there was a mass casualty event. So what's your response to that criticism.
Speaker 28: Well, firstly, it's extraordinary that the Senator and others would come out so immediately. It seems in support of an internationally prescribed terrorist organization. Let's not forget that Krizbalah operatives have been targeting not just Israelis and Jews, but other Western assets for several decades. But quite apart from that, I haven't heard any condemnation from these quarters of the real indiscriminate attacks, those contrary to international humanitarian law for the last year by Krasbala operatives in the south of Lebanon across Israeli community civilian communities, indiscriminately killing forty nine so far over the last twelve months, and that the death toll there on Israel's side is a testament to the extraordinary defensive measures that Israel has taken, whereby most of these rockets have been shot out of the skies by Israel's defensive mechanism. Over eighty five hundred have been fired, so that the communities of the north of Israel have course been evacuated. Between sixty to eighty thousand civilians have been evacuated from their homes for nearly a year. I haven't heard any condemnation of the real breaches of international law. Instead, we have, you know, the invention of international law to seek to criticize what has been done now in response specifically targeting these terrorist operatives and the creation of these hypotheticals. You know, what if a terrorist had been on a plane. Well, the fact of the matter is that the devices, when they were exploded, have targeted Habela operatives in a completely unparalleled way. There have been a number of legal military professionals who have remarked on the fact that this operation has made history, military history and legal history, because to hear about twelve operatives at least who have been neutralized and some over three thousand who have suffered substantial injury that may indeed take them out of their terrorist operations, that is a remarkable achievement. Against any civilian casualty, of course, is great, legal regrettable. But whereas these attacks have discriminated so that civilians have not been the targets of them, Hizbala's objectives have been directly to seek as many civilian casualties as possible, and they have been clear about their objectives of annihilating israel offer of the Map. So in that context, these criticisms and the absence of any comment against ongoing kriz Bala against innocent civilians is inexplicable. But for the only explanation is that these individuals are continuing to support internationally prescribed terrorist organizations as against the only democracy in the Middle East.
Speaker 4: There you go in attach Al. Still, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: It's great to get your legal perspective there on the situation. Now, thanks so much. After the break, Canbra clown show in a tick, Roll up, Roll up. It's the craziest show on It's the Canbra clown Show where your hard earned money is thrown around like confetti blasted out of a clown's cannon. For example, you and I spend thirty two million dollars a year on the Human Rights Commission. I wonder how well that money is spent Sending to Malcolm Roberts decided to find out how many letters after LGB does the Commission recognize.
Speaker 27: We use a range of terms to refer to the communities. Sometimes we would refer to LGBTQIA plus because of the ways in which people refer to themselves. We also use the terms that are referred to in international discussions, which is sexual orientation, gender identity expression and SC which for the moment escapes me, but it's another term that's used at an international level.
Speaker 4: I can't remember all the letters.
Speaker 1: There you go reminds you of another great stolwarts of the human rights movement, Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 23: I will never apologize for standing up for a lgdpl LBG.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the Commonwealth Bank intends to replace over two thousand of its home loan staff with chat GPT artificial intelligence. Given most AI seems to be infused with woke algorithms, what could possibly go wrong? Excuse me, Commonwealth pank chat GPT. My wife and I are keen to buy a quarter acre block and our own home to raise our family in. We've got a young boy and a baby girl, so we'll need a two car garage and a large backyard. What sort of loan will we need? Thank you for your inquiry to Commonwealth chat GPT. Two cars for one family and a quarter acre of land sounds rather excessive in terms of your family's carbon footprints. On top of which, I'm afraid we don't recognize cisgender pronouns and other anti gay discriminatory language such as boy and girl, So please refer to the Commonwealth Bank's gender fluid home purchasing guidelines before continuing.
Speaker 4: Have a nice day. In other news, as.
Speaker 1: We exclusively brought to you this time last week on Outside is the Welcome to Country industry. Yes, it is an industry and one that pays extremely well if you happen to be in on it. Reached new heights last weekend, heights of hyperbole with this nonsense.
Speaker 19: Welcome the country. He's not a ceremony that we've invented to cater for white people. It's a ceremony we've been doing for two hundred and fifty thousand years plus BC, and the BC stands for before Cook.
Speaker 1: The oldest human remains on this continent at around forty thousand years old, with some evidence of settlement around fifty to.
Speaker 4: Sixty thousand years ago. And that is it.
Speaker 1: So what did our parliamentarians make of this nonsense? Naturally they will just blindly accept it, apart from one senator who was brave enough to speak up.
Speaker 29: Now, the idea that AFL fans and players are expected to listen to these ceremonies when all they actually want to do is watch the footy is extraordinary, and one suspects that many viewers, who in principle wouln't have had a problem with these practices, are getting.
Speaker 30: As fed up, sentantic just resima seats thought to the point of order.
Speaker 4: No, I just want to enter up this speech.
Speaker 10: Seriously, can we just you know, two minutes.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, it was the obnoxious form of Green Senator Olivia Thorpe who decided democracy is best served by her simply rudely interrupting her fellow Australians and not allowing them to.
Speaker 4: Have a what's that word again?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, a voice of their own. Nonetheless, Senator Antic gave it another go.
Speaker 29: But I think Australians are getting fed up with that sort of behavior in ceremonies, just like you and I are. And we haven't arrived at this point overnight. It's come because of years of indulging them at woke community meetings, wokee sports matches, woke council meeting.
Speaker 10: And the antics and the disquisumo.
Speaker 30: See, colleagues, We're only asking to listen in peace and quite for two minutes, that's all.
Speaker 10: It's not a big ask. Can we just do that one? The galley's full of people watching the behavior here. It's quite childish.
Speaker 4: Order, yes, yes, what's a clown show? That's right, the typical left.
Speaker 1: Why listen to debate when you can simply interrupt and carry on like a banshee or a bunyip or whatever other mythical screeching creature you choose to be inspired by. Still, the brave Senator Anti soldiered on trying to get a word in.
Speaker 29: It's come because of years of indulging them at woke community meetings, woke sports matches, woke council meetings and woke weddings. Who knows where else was directing Deputy President. First it was ten thousand years, then twenty, then thirty, now sixty. Now it's two hundred and fifty thousand years. And as we've said before, I don't need to be welcome to my own country in nough to you. What we witnessed before the match last weekend was a product of letting this ride for too long.
Speaker 8: Have you had enough? I certainly have.
Speaker 1: And on that note, I think Senator antiques for us all or certainly a majority of this country. And speaking of free speech, our Prime Minister this week decided to go up against Elon Musk, probably the greatest defender of free speech in the modern era. This is the same prime minister who clown show fans will remember last year declared war on comedy and satire, or rather war on comedy and satire that poked fun at him.
Speaker 13: Media platforms have a responsibility to make sure that misinformation isn't got out there. I noticed today, for example, on the way up here, they've removed various sites that were up containing fake images of myself superimposed on other people.
Speaker 4: How dreadful? Well this being clown show?
Speaker 1: How can I not show you this rather unsubtle satirical online meme of Albow talking tough to Elon Musk at the same time as one of his own tweets had been found to be inaccurate.
Speaker 13: But this bloke thinks he's above the Australian law, that he's above common decency.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you what I say to Ela Musku that he is so out of touch.
Speaker 1: Oh dear satire, visual satire and fake imagery. Even the hardcore lefty rag Kriikee reacted to Albiniasi's idiotic censorship drive with a headline saying, quote alban Easy cements Australia's.
Speaker 4: Status as the global village idiots.
Speaker 1: And finally, my thanks to Milkbar TV for this excellent history lesson compiled with little help from Senators just In a Nampergen for price and Gerard Rennak, which should be made compulsory viewing for all school kiddies, sports promoters and noisy parliamentarians alike.
Speaker 16: When I grew up, I was told that the Aboriginal to here for twenty thousand years.
Speaker 4: Then it got extended forty thousand years.
Speaker 9: Aboriginal populations in Australia settled on their land fifty thousand years.
Speaker 5: Ago, sixty five thousand years.
Speaker 7: Seventy thousand years ago. Did you know Aboriginal history spans eighty thousand years. Yep, this is exactly right.
Speaker 16: I most Sappians apparently left Africa sixty or seventy thousand years ago.
Speaker 11: The ancestors of every single non African person alive today left Africa sometime between fifty five and seventy.
Speaker 5: Thousand years ago.
Speaker 4: I just think we're stretching the truth here.
Speaker 14: I'll welcome the country.
Speaker 19: It's a ceremony we've been doing for two hundred and fifty thousand years plus.
Speaker 7: It's turning into a bit of fantasy. Two hundred and fifty thousand years.
Speaker 4: I really don't think so.
Speaker 1: Rita and James so much lefty lunacy. To look at Katie Gallagher, who always likes to audition for clown show as well.
Speaker 4: She's in the lefty lunacy topic too reader, What's she up to?
Speaker 7: Very exciting For the second week in Royal Paul Enhance's Gender Biology Bill was not debated because apparently it's hateful to talk about these issues.
Speaker 9: I don't understand why this Senate should take time to inflict personal harm on vulnerable individuals.
Speaker 4: And that's what this does.
Speaker 9: And I don't care whatever way people try to dress it up and say it's something else.
Speaker 7: It is not so biological reality. Trying to preserve women's girls' rights, whether we're talking about women's sport, changing rooms, women's shelters. Apparently it's harmful and the Senate, the Australia upper House, is not fit to talk about it, according to the Minister for Women.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, this is just this is what happens when that kind of university level politics that says speech is violence and speech is harmful winds up making its way into the Senate and into our lives, and you wind up, you know, with all of these heat speech laws around the world which are really designed to crack down on free speech. But I've got a bit of a win for you guys. Apparently in Ireland, and Ireland is one of these countries that has been used as kind of a test case to try and get through bills to restrict free speech like they're trying to do here in Australia as well. They are pulling a hate speech bill which really would have been a free speech bill or free speech destroying bill. So that's a bit of good news here. Is public exactly right, and this is exactly the point here is that is that you know, the fight needs to be kept on these people. And one thing I think the government's never understands that one day the government's going to change and they're going to be on the receiving end of these things and they're not going to like it.
Speaker 1: But also the reason the IRIS pulled the bill is they would have gone full steam ahead with it, but the public, social media and what Matt Canavan said right the earlier on the show this morning was that it's really up to the public to get behind these things on social media, show their disapproval, show will not tolerate this sort of hate speech. And Katie Gallagher gave the game away there rita where she said this causes harm. So the moment you say anything causes harm. Therefore it's beyond debate. Therefore there's no more discussion.
Speaker 7: In the current But you can call conservatives biggots of course racist, that's not causing harm. You can completely insult half the population without fear of any of it. And I disagree with you, James. I don't think they need to fear that these laws will come back to get them because the bureaucracy, those who will implement these laws and police them are off the left. They know doesn't apply to them. That's why they're pushing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's have a quick look at this little grab of very cleverly someone who went out to convince people to pay reparations for slavery.
Speaker 11: Cool.
Speaker 10: Do you support reparations for black people because they went through slavery? Yes?
Speaker 16: I do, actually, perfect, So we have jewel here and you can pay your reparations right now.
Speaker 10: How much do you want?
Speaker 5: What is the suffering of my ancestors worth.
Speaker 11: More than I can pay right now?
Speaker 10: So do you want to set up like a payment plan?
Speaker 2: No, but I do believe it's the responsibility of our government to taking more action.
Speaker 7: Well, I did not have MO I did not have PayPal, and I am.
Speaker 10: Broke, which I would pay if you could. Yeah, but I don't understand why you're collecting money.
Speaker 5: For it because I'm a black person in my ancestors or sleeves. Yeah, but it's like.
Speaker 11: Red Lodge.
Speaker 4: That's it for outside as. We'll see you next Sunday at nine a m.
Speaker 8: Thank you, had a great week.