Speaker 1: Get you the way morning, every day, every lazy adelaide.
Speaker 2: Can I say something very controversial?
Speaker 3: Absolutely you can.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that Adam Brody effect.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I said, yes, but you're not that controversial. Well what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: So I think on Netflix at the moment, nobody wants this has like a ninety four percent approval rating. Everyone is so into this show. So I binge watched it in two days.
Speaker 3: Hang on, say can we just can we just sort of jump in? And I don't get it? But here it is. Hi everyone, I'm Joanne, I'm Noah.
Speaker 5: Did you know there's a rabbi here?
Speaker 6: No shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah where he has a beard and he was definitely judging me.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a rabbi. Here's your phone.
Speaker 4: There is not a Jewish bone in her body unless you put one in her shield.
Speaker 1: You're the rabbit.
Speaker 3: It's heart right. I'm late to the party, okay, but I'll jump.
Speaker 5: On all right.
Speaker 4: So basically this is the premise of the show. Adam Brody is the main carrier and he's starting to be a rabbi immediately not hot.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that's not your stock standing storyline from Hollywood is it.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: But he's getting so much love for his character who's in love with Kristen Bell because he's so caring Brdy bra someone on Twitter, So we must immediately induct Rabbi Noah Roklov into the rom com boyfriend Hall of Fame. Rocky no one's calling him that the show. It's a really great show, it's a really funny show.
Speaker 2: But he is.
Speaker 4: And I don't think anyone can disagree with this, not even you producers. He's rodent hot or hot rodent as the trend goes.
Speaker 3: So just real quick.
Speaker 5: Men that are hot, but they can't look like.
Speaker 3: Rats if you look really that makes so much sense.
Speaker 7: Like Barry Key and Timothy Shallamy, Jeremy Allen wy it's in the face, and I think, particularly for Adam Brodie, it's in the scruffy beard.
Speaker 2: The scruffy beer gets me splintered, tidy it.
Speaker 3: Up, splinter ratus from the ferrels, that sort.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, why are you you.
Speaker 4: Understand it's the scraggly beard that doesn't just he's the fact that he's not overly tall or well built, non athlete.
Speaker 2: There I said.
Speaker 4: It right, I don't I get that he's caring and he's very much in love and you know all that sort of stuff. But thirteen twenty four ten, does anyone else not get the Adam Brodie thing?
Speaker 3: See what about Adam Brody back in the OC? They're my first memorage, Yes, Seth, it was like he's such a nerd, but he landed summer to do that.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: It was one of the all time mismatches.
Speaker 2: It's so true.
Speaker 4: Is there anyone that you don't get so that you sort of going, why does everyone think they're hot?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I always get looked at funny when I say it?
Speaker 7: Go on, I don't get Channing Tatum, get her out?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Have you seen magic mind?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And doesn't do it for me too, I think.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait, he's too well put together? Is that what he's too? Chisels and his face there's no such thing, Andrew, No, there.
Speaker 7: Definitely is such a thing. And his face is slightly thummy.
Speaker 3: He's got a built face. It's like he's it's like his head works out as well. It's like he's got a.
Speaker 1: Heap of mustards.
Speaker 3: He does never he's got a bit of a bowl head. I think, so, Yeah, he's a good looks good looking.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: The only time I found him slightly attractive is in the early Step Up movies when he was a bit more lean.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, are you sorry?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: What about you over there? Producer Flak? Anyone that you go think they're hot?
Speaker 3: I don't get Sydney Sweeney, Oh my, I don't get it. Produce a flag. I'll give you two reasons I'm stealing from from Zoe, so I think I'm allowed to say this. She's got a weird face, just like Chating.
Speaker 2: She's stunning.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, but Channing Tatum's he's got a weird face.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is there anyone who don't.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, maybe this is controversial as well. I'm going to say Leo Dicaprico and maybe now the girls he only goes out with his outrageous super models who have to be under the age of twenty five? Is it a power thing? Is it because it is him? Are they thinking about Leo back in the day?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: And Also he's sort of okay, he's controverty, he's let himself go.
Speaker 2: He's very comfortable, very dad body.
Speaker 3: Now he's dad Bob, but he's very comfortable in only dating super models under the age of twenty five.
Speaker 5: I'd go there if I was a supermodel. See, but there's.
Speaker 2: Several things that aren't working out.
Speaker 7: Then he's not scrawny and ratty enough apparently, but young Lero was pretty scorny and raddy. I think that's what it is people think about young Leo when they see him.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll get involved in the conversation at thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: Is this someone that you just.
Speaker 4: Don't get don't call don't call up and say Jonie and Hasty don't we don't get us either?
Speaker 3: Oh my, what's calling? Finally Jakes? Yes, finally we saw some action via the trade period. Yes, that goodness for port Adelaide support. He's probably sitting there right now. But like, how do I feel about this? Dan Houston wanted to go. He's out, so we're not going to hit Dan Houston over anymore.
Speaker 2: I know I feel sad about that. But also seeing.
Speaker 4: The image of him in a Collingwood jersey last night, yuck.
Speaker 3: See. I controversially said to you, everyone looks good in Collingwood.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely I could not disagree.
Speaker 3: With you more on what was so very neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's Collingwood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I mean when you really look into it and you work out that it's Collingwood that hits a different hit, HiT's the different cord.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I feel like once you pop on a Collingwood jersey, your arrogance just increases by about seventy eight percent, meaning.
Speaker 3: Whoa, that's who said it. It's a big, strong club. Unfortunately, Dan Houston's going to play some really good football there that's probably going to turn them into Premiership contenders.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine when he comes back here and plays at the Adelaide over Lands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gets some feedback, So he will certainly get.
Speaker 2: Some feed from the boundary.
Speaker 3: I think some port Adelaide got Jack Lacochis from the Suns. They got Joe Richards from Collingwood. They also got Rory Atkins from the Suns as well, which was a bit of a salary dump on Gold Coast behalf. They got picked thirteen, twenty nine, thirty six and fifty. They lost Dan Houston of course, a twenty twenty five first round pick and picks thirty nine and fifty eight. The deal just ended up getting done. I'm not sure who really won some people in like Cane Corns. How boy, very scathing of the situation.
Speaker 2: Well did Kine have to say about it?
Speaker 3: I just didn't think it was a very good deal for Port Adelaid.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: Well, Port was a pretty strong on effect that they weren't going to do the deal unless it suited then.
Speaker 2: So has it suited them?
Speaker 3: Well, they got what they wanted in terms of landing JACKLA coaches. Okay, yes, and Dan Houston gets to leave back to Victoria and not go to North Melbourne, so he's went as well, probably happy. What about this as well? While we're talking AFL an exclusive last night from Mitch Cleary. He said multiple GWS players are said to be suspended to start the twenty twenty five season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post season function.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 3: We don't know exactly what's been done, but the fact that they're getting suspended for the start of next year means it's obviously pretty contrabs.
Speaker 6: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: We're still doing this.
Speaker 4: The thoughts on Wacky Wednesday, Mad Monday, whatever you want to call it, thoughts on football players getting dressed up in this day and age, when everyone's a little bit sensitive, why are we still doing it?
Speaker 5: Love it?
Speaker 3: I love the costume, but you can be creative with the costumes. And every single year you look at what the Cats boys do and it's absolutely brilliant. Sometimes they dressed to take the pierce out of people in the media, and that's even better. They dressed the situation. It's never controversial.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe it's had its moments over the years, but apparently the theme was couples for the GWS Giants, and they performed a few skits in the privacy of a hotel hell room. But someone anonymously has come forward and said, I'm not happy about this behavior.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to dissect from that. Yeah, secondly, who's the anonymous person? Who's the anonymous hero? But firstly, a wrong was done, yes from the GWS plans.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's a bit of a sucker And see this one and see exactly what they've done, who they've dressed up as, and what these skits entailed before we all jump on the bandwagon and lay the boots into gw wes.
Speaker 3: I just don't get it. I mean, why do these things happen after blokes have had forty five years. I just don't get it. It's crazy. Let's see if we can work that out. Can we fu? Father?
Speaker 2: He's on the money.
Speaker 3: Six, Let's get loose some of those things that we like to talk about, which we can't do after seven o'clock's got straighten up and everyone can get involved, including producers.
Speaker 5: Are we good morning?
Speaker 3: Who's just got a very interesting mind.
Speaker 4: She's significantly more in interesting than us in this space because she is single and active on the dating scene.
Speaker 2: You and I, however, old and married.
Speaker 3: A bit of a dirty bird comes from a long line of dirty birds.
Speaker 2: I think he's a dirty bird from wayback, dirtiest of birds.
Speaker 3: Apple doesn't fall.
Speaker 7: Well this morning. Her little studies come across my desk, and I find it really interesting. Women's brains respond more to romance on a full stomach.
Speaker 3: This is very confusing. I mean everything about the female species is confusing for us, miles, But to you, howful are we talking?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: So the way that they did the study I find quite interesting. They had women who were full and women who were hungry, and they showed them romantic pictures and measured their brain and torn well, they said romantic pictures. Take with that you It could have just been hot photos of Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 3: It would have been a romantic novel by Jilly Cooper.
Speaker 7: So greater sensitivity to stimuli when you're hungry. So if you're hungry, you'll be things flashing at your blah blah blah. But if you're like focusing on romance when you're full straight, oh, and you're not thinking about the hunger.
Speaker 4: Right, two immediate thoughts to this. Yes, when I'm hungry, I'm revolting. Yes, I'm not nice to.
Speaker 3: Be green, so feed me.
Speaker 4: But if I'm too full, don't touch me, do not even look at me, even look at me sideways. And I'm full because and also if you want to get you know, romantic in inverted commas, when you're full, there is a real danger of things moving about in that stomach and making noises.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want.
Speaker 3: It to agree. Are you saying this isn't sexy, particularly right in the heat of passion, your stomach going you know it? Does that?
Speaker 5: Any excuse me?
Speaker 2: And I love it?
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 7: This pull from the article makes me slightly uncomfortable. The data suggests that eating me prime or sensitized young women to rewards beyond food.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: If you if you're not distracted.
Speaker 7: By how hungry you are, which, as we said, Joe's being angry makes you filthy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then you have more susceptible to this time.
Speaker 3: This is such a fine line with Jody as well. So it's like, oh, she's really hungry, she's such a buch, she's got a full stomach.
Speaker 6: Get up.
Speaker 4: There's absolutely no in between what It just puts new meaning to the word like if a woman looked at you and went feed me.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Oh, like, I'm so good for.
Speaker 4: Classic This satellade boy has built up a six hundred million dollar empire through oversized wearable blankets.
Speaker 6: We can find the blanket and the hoodie and the rest is history.
Speaker 9: Now taking the capital and investing in startups on Channel ten's Shark Tank.
Speaker 6: I'm looking for clever inventions because there's millions on the line. These products is amazing for half a million dollars business, do.
Speaker 5: We have a deal with all that success?
Speaker 4: He's still pretty happy living in Adelaide with his animals.
Speaker 6: Got two pygmy goots, one normal go.
Speaker 5: Three sheets to our pocket.
Speaker 9: Please welcome Davy Foggetyze very special guest in the studio and the next season of Shark Tank Australia if premier is tonight eight point thirty on the beautiful ten and ten play, and we please put our hands.
Speaker 4: Together for Davy Foggey who's the star of it.
Speaker 3: Hey don't be welcome, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is all filmed in the can Yes.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay film.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about the premiere tonight?
Speaker 6: I'm super excited. It's actually a good dynamic. So we've got three of the sharks that we had previously, but we've got two new people as well, and they just bring this whole new dynamic of it. There's a few arguments, but it makes good viewership.
Speaker 4: And you've been in this situation as a startup, right, so you just must have so much empathy for these people who are just trying to kick start their businesses.
Speaker 6: Definitely, But at the same time, you know, look at them and they're so put together. So when I first started, you know, doing businesses, maybe I was twenty one years old or so, and I'm looking at some of these people and they're very young as well, and They're standing up in front of five prolific kind of investors, business people, and they're holding it together incredibly well. So you know, they're definitely there's definitely some amazing things in their future. But yeah, they're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your story and we heard a snippet of just before when we introduced you, but the Woodie is just it's ridiculous in your wild streams? Did you think it could take off and be so successful so quickly?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I always knew I was going to be rich. You know. I was when I was young, like when I was literally I can't even remember the time that I didn't know that I didn't want to be rich. It was that young, like in primary school. I was obsessed with money, and I didn't know when I launched Udi that that was the thing that was going to do it. I thought it was just another stepping stone in a long line of failures that I had had at that point. But I got very fortunate with the team that was involved the product, timing the fact that it went viral as well, and social media TikTok just kind of became a thing at that point. Yeah, So I got very very lucky, and that's why I kind of got there.
Speaker 4: So when you said you had a couple of failures, was there a point where you doubted yourself and you started to go, I don't think this is going to happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I've got the goods.
Speaker 6: So I had a little taste of success when I was starting out, but nothing was working, and you know, I got scammed all my money. I launched a Vietnamese roll shop and it completely failed, and I was pretty much done. And then I was just one night I was just like, I just need to have one more crack at it. And then I launched calming blankets, and then I launched the Woodie and then they both worked. And it kind of shows that you know, just as you're about to give up, if you just go one more time, you can make it happen.
Speaker 4: What's been the one thing that you've done because you have this money that has made your heart sing?
Speaker 6: I think being able to travel with my friends and just kind of experience life. Do you shout them Yeah, of course, of course, as much as much as they'll let me. You know, sometimes if they're too proud or they don't feel comfortable with that, I would never enforce that and I just want to spend time with them, So yeah, but yeah, I think being able to experience everything in life, like the ups, the downs, the traveling, building a beautiful home, that kind of stuff is something that you know constantly makes my heart sings. It's just experience, and I feel so blessed as a twenty nine year old to be able to actually do that.
Speaker 3: This is a man who's so unbelievably wise for someone who's under thirty. Can you are just the paint bit of a visual Can you tell us exactly what a Davy's wearing on his feet? Because I just think what's happening there is absolutely beautiful and magnificent all in one.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the only comparison I will make between you and Davy, because your wife gives you an allowance each and every week, which I think is about seventy five.
Speaker 3: That is true, different worlds.
Speaker 6: You will mad, you can't get back, so seventy five.
Speaker 4: But you're not just wearing the berks, and you have taken a leaf out of the Andrew Hayes page where you're wearing the clothes toe birth controversial.
Speaker 3: Controversial, Well, the man knows.
Speaker 6: Hell gets hurt cold.
Speaker 2: Right, you know that you can afford to buy more.
Speaker 3: Than I've always said if it's good enough for Davy Foggy, it's good enough for that.
Speaker 4: You've always said that just before we let you go. Has there been an idea on Shark Tank where you've gone, oh wow, because it's gonna be huge.
Speaker 6: I think this season that is a business that you know will probably itself for fifteen hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: In a few years.
Speaker 6: It is that much of an incredible investment.
Speaker 4: It's a combination of a Birkenstock and an audio together.
Speaker 3: Davy, there you go.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's a millionaire. David, thank you so much for coming in. It's an absolute privilege to hear your story. And thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 6: No thanks.
Speaker 4: Sam an over Adelaide radio star hosting Breakfast with Dylan Lewis until twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: She's one half of.
Speaker 9: Adelaidy and host of Hello Essay on Channel nine.
Speaker 1: Only in South Australia.
Speaker 10: Can you do a food and wine tour on this babix.
Speaker 4: And if that's not on us, just casually having our own artwork displayed in Henley Beach.
Speaker 5: What my dreams is come true?
Speaker 1: My aunt is at a beautiful.
Speaker 5: Shop in Heavenly please welcome.
Speaker 2: Hailey Pearson.
Speaker 10: Is exploding right now. This is so nice. It's like walking back into my old home.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, you worked in this very studio, which, by the way, would not have changed an inkling.
Speaker 1: No, it actually has.
Speaker 10: You have like technology in here now, like videos and stuff.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's way nicer than when we were here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So your show with Dylan, I know how much you love that man.
Speaker 5: I love him, he's my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so how did that?
Speaker 4: How did that feel coming back in here now and all those memories of work? Do you know what?
Speaker 10: It's a funny thing in radio because quite often you don't want to go back to the radio station you left, Like I probably wouldn't go back to any of the other places I've worked, but this place is literally so I just love it.
Speaker 1: I love everybody here.
Speaker 10: I didn't want to leave, only left because Dylan decided to go and be a rock star.
Speaker 1: So how dare you leave this show? We are having so much fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he left, and can I peel back the curtain just a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 4: And this is why I love this woman so much, And even when I worked on a rival radio station.
Speaker 2: I always loved you.
Speaker 1: I know, and vice versa.
Speaker 4: And the thing that I loved about you is you and Dylan had this pact duell me against the world.
Speaker 2: We're in this together. So when you decided to pull the plug, you were like, Okay, I can't. Oh no, I love that.
Speaker 4: But you know what that's like, Well, that's sort of loyalty in radio does not exist.
Speaker 10: No, But you're like that too, and that's why you like, it's so important to have someone that you work with that you genuinely love and have fun with and respect.
Speaker 1: And so when I left, I was like, you got to go to nov the best, the best.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that has turned out to be the most magnificent decision of my career.
Speaker 3: With you, guys, I was waiting for the catch's to happen.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 3: Can I say something about Dylan Lewis as well? So when I what you say, I'm still his sister. I promise it's positive. So when I first started, it was with Lewis Low yeah, and I it was refreshing because Dylan Lewis. I grew up with Dylan Lewis, like he was on the TV. Yeah, I know, it's the absolute star. And he was so good on radio, and then it matched up in real life and almost like a mentor ship. Just a really, really beautiful man who had spare.
Speaker 1: Time for everybody. Nah No, I didn't really have a lot of time for everybody. It depends if you're in his inner circle.
Speaker 10: I never watched him on Recovery, ever, so when I saw that, I just fell in love with him because I worked with him in Interstate as well.
Speaker 1: So I just loved him for him now.
Speaker 10: And I kept saying that to him because he loves to hold his hat on the fact that he was on Recover and he was a celebrity back then. But I was like, no, you're beautiful now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love you how you are now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so when he left, yeah, I called him and I was like bawling on the phone, going you dog. And then COVID happened, and so he couldn't be a rock star anyway. I shouldn't have gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably shouldn't have left. Well, it's worked out quite well for us.
Speaker 4: You have sort of reinvented yourself since you left radio. You do Adelaidy on Channel nine. You do a magnificent job with la but also the thing that I think will be your next incarnation is your art.
Speaker 1: This is like, this is going.
Speaker 10: To make me cry because that's really nice. Well, thank you.
Speaker 4: Your art is spectacular and I'm still waiting for you to do a piece.
Speaker 1: Just ask me, I'll do a piece for your house.
Speaker 2: He did enough, you would be going, I like your art.
Speaker 1: You're going to give me more information.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. But you are so incredibly talented in that space. Where do you want to take it? And if people want to buy a peace, where can they do that?
Speaker 10: This is this is definitely not just me coming on radio plugging my art because I feel really awkward about it because it's normally with everything else I do, whether it's radio or TV or with Lauren, it's with someone else. So this is me pouring my actual heart out onto a canvas and then putting it out there for people to judge.
Speaker 1: Like we just judge Sydney Sweeney and Adam Brodie.
Speaker 4: We did a lot, So I don't know.
Speaker 10: One day, that's my that's my aim is to one day I just want to paint.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have a studio at home and not ruin my house.
Speaker 10: I have to burn my house down because there's paint everywhere and I just want to I just want to paint. I sell my art online and I'm in a beautiful shop in Henley at Creative Soul Prints.
Speaker 3: Very intelligence. I've seen, yeah, I saw all the phone a lie when you launch their gallery, Like, I know everything that I could find really nice, so bright and it makes you happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, Jodi, you can be my next peaks.
Speaker 2: Okay, beautiful?
Speaker 1: Do you like me to paint you or just like something bright and color?
Speaker 7: God?
Speaker 4: No, you know you talk about being an introvit not wanting it to be all that.
Speaker 2: That would be very straight.
Speaker 1: It will be all about you. I'll do a two by two of Jodie before we let you go.
Speaker 3: We were speaking before about Adam Brody and of course it's Sidney Sweeney and we don't want to get turned into a really judgmental space.
Speaker 1: It's so judging.
Speaker 10: I was listening to you on the way and cows, just a couple of cows.
Speaker 4: But do you get that Adam Brodi think, Hey, I was like I was with you all the way, Ratty chewy.
Speaker 1: H kind Ratty Like I'd love to be his friend. Because you're a kind rat.
Speaker 2: But you're too like wiry Yeah, get it?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like all the hair is wiry?
Speaker 2: And then we were like, who do you like?
Speaker 4: And you're like my husband without without being Jimmy's is he on Netflix?
Speaker 1: No it's not. Would you like some is your husband?
Speaker 9: Joe?
Speaker 2: I know he's pretty kid?
Speaker 1: Some is your husband?
Speaker 3: Top? Sholf Chat's really? Yes? Great, so good to see you again tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Yes, so be there. Shane Lowe's coming as well.
Speaker 5: Dylan.
Speaker 1: We couldn't provide him with a writer, so I don't think.
Speaker 2: He's like Eminem's without the blue ones in and so.
Speaker 1: We couldn't come to the party.
Speaker 3: Good start. Paley Pierson is definitely going to be there. I feel like it's really hard to start a conversation, particularly if it's anywhere else but either a dating website or an app, or even at a nightclub. I don't know. I haven't been in this space for years and years.
Speaker 2: No you haven't.
Speaker 3: But there's a story getting around where I'm just not sure which side of the fence I sit. A woman has revealed she received a creepy text from a complete stranger who had seen her number on her luggage tag at an airport. The text read hi Kristin, my name is Nate. Ooh. I added that bit and doesn't say ooh. I saw you and thought that you were so beautiful, so I had to find a way to talk to you. I saw your nut but on your luggage tag and decided to text you. I promise this isn't as weird as it seems. Give a guy a chance with a question mark that.
Speaker 5: Is as weird as it seems.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can go one of two ways, can't you. It's either real rom com territory.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I saw this woman.
Speaker 4: She was so beautiful and blah blah blah like a James Blunt song.
Speaker 2: I saw her on a train. She was stunning, so I wrote a song about her.
Speaker 3: She smiled on somewhay. Yeah, but she was with another man.
Speaker 2: We all understood the context of it.
Speaker 4: So we can go down that path, or we can go down the path where how do I say this? The vibe between men and women at the moment can be a little bit uncomfortable and a little bit predatory at times. So that's sort of where I'm going with him.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's an invasion of privacy, yes, because if I'm looking at it from an old school point view, I'm like, well it's quite ballsy, though.
Speaker 5: Don't you think we're not in a this is real life.
Speaker 7: You have have invaded a privacy privacy by going to her luggage, getting her number to contact, go up to her and say.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, if you're that keen, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not really about this. I don't think Okay, I'm with you, gone to talk to her face person.
Speaker 7: I'm the wrong person to ask about this stuffcause we'en I'm extremely aggressive in this space. But my cousin had something similar happened to her last week. She had a plumber come to her house and of course they needed her number so that they could let them come into the property. Afterwards, she received a text, Hey, I've never messaged a ten and after hours, but you're really cute and I loved your seat.
Speaker 5: Never got your name.
Speaker 3: You can't do that because it's purely in exchange of numbers for work purposes.
Speaker 7: Yes, but if he really thought she was that cute that whatever, it's still inappropriate. But couldn't have asked her a name when they were together instead of getting her number tracking her down.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 4: So this happened to one of my best girlfriends. So she had some tradees around to her house. She lived in an apartment and they were doing some work and he obviously took a liking to her because she is stunning, and he left a post it note.
Speaker 2: On her door.
Speaker 4: It said, Hey, we were doing some work at your place. Is it okay? If I get your number? I think that's more Are you doing that?
Speaker 6: Well? Like that?
Speaker 7: I think that's more appropriate because it gives her the power of she can just.
Speaker 5: Ignore no, no, no.
Speaker 2: But here's the kicker. She was married.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: It put her in an incomfortable position where she had next time she saw him doing work around the apartment building.
Speaker 3: Her coming back, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Had to say, I'm really really sorry, but I'm married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a bit of a twist.
Speaker 4: That's a massive Okay, Well, you should have waited till the end of the story before you.
Speaker 3: Do so many different judgments. There you go. What we can conclude from that is still very confusing. You ladies, we don't know you, We don't know what.
Speaker 5: Don't be weish hez you.
Speaker 2: Please say very good morning to the beautiful Merrick.
Speaker 3: Why, thank you very beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, please talk us through your history on over No on nine because we obviously have our twentieth birthday party and it's going to be huge.
Speaker 8: But you only twenty, yeah, only twenty.
Speaker 2: It's only twenty. You have done some crazy shites on this on this station. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 8: I've single handly nearly destroyed and over about four or five times, but only three of those were when I was working there. It's one of those things. I mean, obviously, I've got a huge passion for NAVA because Rossa and I actually started not just Sydney, Nava Boy started the network. We kicked off the network and with the first people to speak on air more than twenty years ago, and then we watched the other cities come online. And it's always been very very close to my heart. So it's great to see that the you guys are celebrating twenty years. But I've done some extraordinary damage to that brand.
Speaker 3: Like, seriously, business, can.
Speaker 8: I tell you about some of my favorite moments where I've wasted company money?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 8: One time, Rossall and I got bored, so we hired two helicopters to fly us to lunch and then we send a ten thousand dollars bill to managers.
Speaker 3: Oh my, are you serious?
Speaker 8: Why would I be joking? It was a crazy time. It was the early two thousands. We were listening to Blink one night too, and we lost our minds. What happened is, in all seriousness, one of our theme members, one of our producers, was talking about how they've never been on the helicopter and it made me sad, and I don't like being sad. You know what I did is I went and booked to helicopters and then we flew out and we had lunch in the Blue Mountains in Sydney, and then we came back and nour manager nearly had a meltdown. It was one of the best days of my life. It was so good handing over that bill and not paying for it. Oh my god, I'm going to hear another one.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you want to hear another one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: One time. I one time I was I was about this go on air at breakfast and over and I read that Bubbles the Monkey, which was owned by Michael Jackson. After Michael Jackson had died, he didn't have a time, and I was sad. I don't like being sad, right it Bubbles the Monkey was making me sad, So I did. I spent ten thousand dollars and I bought Bubbles the Monkey from America. I spent ten thousand dollars on the chimpanzee.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Do you want to know the reaction of the building after I spent ten thousand dollars of company money on it? On a chimpanzee that could never come to Australia.
Speaker 3: Not very good.
Speaker 8: He's not very good, My boss Kiwizine. He had an absolute meltdown over that one and started yelling at me in the corridors and I went, whatever, mate, Seriously, he said, you're not going to get your money back on the chimp. He ever lost money on a chimpanzee. No one's lost money on a chimpanzee.
Speaker 10: Mates.
Speaker 8: He settled down, Just do the things. I also, did you want to hear one more?
Speaker 9: Yees?
Speaker 8: Have you got time for one more? If you listen, it's got time for one more? Okay. So one time when I was in Nova, they had a like a little vesper was brought in as a promotional vesper into the corridors at Nova and anyway, they said, I said, can I have a ride on it? And they said no, Merrick, you can't ride it. And that made me sad. Now what have we learned about me? I don't like being sad. I don't like being sad. So I wasn't able to ride the vesper. So I went home and I got my Ja caddie. It's a one thousand cc you caddy, and I brought it back into Nova, brought it into the lift, took the fifth floor of Nova, and I absolutely carved up the carpet with a motorcyle through all the corridors of No that that cost them five thousand dollars to replace the carpet.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I remember, and this was this was a huge moment in my family because I remember saying to Dad Will driving It must have been like sort of two thousand and two, two thousand and three, and I said, Dad, put it on ninety six point nine. We're in Sydney and Dad said, well, who's this? It's American Ross and these bloody dickheads. We're not listening to them. And then within five minutes, you guys are doing something ridiculous and it was funny. And my Dad's in stitches and he's looking at me and going, all right, maybe they're all right, maybe they're al right, Like this is huge. Your broke a bloke who traditionally wouldn't veer away from AM even if his life depended on it. It was a huge moment for our family, A.
Speaker 2: Good win for you marriage, good win.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Look, I'm like an lie. I should have preferred my stories in that one. That one may be sad, and what do we learn about me?
Speaker 5: I don't know, be sad?
Speaker 8: Sad making me sad?
Speaker 5: You do that.
Speaker 4: And also, because you are feeling sad about Hazy's story, you should just have him fired today.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't make me feel better.
Speaker 8: If I had the it's only I had the power, you would have. What are you guys doing to celebrate twenty years of Nova and Adelaide.
Speaker 4: We're having a big party of the district at sky City, and there's a someone someone's going to win ten grand on the night, and there's a casino next door, so what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 8: That's really good. It's so completely frank. I thought on your budget that you'd probably be having a hot dog down to the Exodu. But if I've lucked out this fantastic what a great place.
Speaker 4: Oh Mary, what an absolute pleasure to talk to you this morning. You're an institution with this network and yeah, we love you on this show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much. You know what I'm l like for Nova. I'm the Herpes of Nova. I never go away. You think I'm gone, but then I come back.
Speaker 3: That's what I am because herbies makes me sad. Well done.
Speaker 8: You needed a joke and you've got one of