Speaker 1: Better Freedman. Yes, sir, well do straight talk, mate, Thank you very much, thanks very much for coming on.
Speaker 2: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 1: I got inspired recently. I said, the boys, come, let's get this guy because like man like, he's such a legend. And I saw her and I saw you being interviewed. I think it was by Forbes or one of those, and I thought, what the hell, I've got to talk to him. I really want to know his story, and I'm sure your audience does too. So and just for the sake of it, you're the founder, wrote importantly right here in front of us, of course.
Speaker 2: Edmond Group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Freeman Group, Freeman Group. This is you, mate, Yeah, this is you. How do you feel every time you sit down or you look at something and you see, you know, Rode on the side here, How do you feel when you see it?
Speaker 2: I never get tired of it. It's amazing and I'm humbled still. I mean, I think it's lucky that it all happened to me when I was older, so that I realized how special it is, because if it happened when I was young, I think I would have believed it was all me. So yeah, and the team, not the magic not the time.
Speaker 1: That's interesting sometimes just sometimes you sit back and reflect. I mean I just say it just before we walked in, and I should say this for straight up, there are very few Australians who actually create a product, which I don't hate using the word, but it's probably proven. In this case, it disrupts and it becomes a global disruption. There's very few strainds have done that globally, and you're one of them.
Speaker 2: So Road Equipment, I'm proud of it for sure. But it's a team. You a thousand people. Now, I mean it started with me and a couple of people, but yeah, it's not just me, but it's amazing. Can you go back to how it started? It? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I was a story where I mean, your your free, your name's Peter Freeman. I look at the O and the road looks like something out of one of those Viking movies.
Speaker 2: So that's the story Danish. Yeah, I just did was added that we made up the name. I haded that to make it more European, right right. I didn't start Road to make any money. It was just a little bit of extra I was doing installs and clubs and stuff, and I've told the story many times. I screwed it up in the late eighties, brought a lot of money, got into trouble, lost my house, lost the walk to work. It was a nightmare. Had eight years a hell. But from that came this. But it wasn't planned. I didn't expect. It was just right place at the right time. Yeah, so I worked harder before, I think.
Speaker 1: But you've just been modest sounds, not at all. It's like for real and like just right.
Speaker 2: That was amazing. Before it wasn't making any money.
Speaker 1: It was the same. Yeah, But do you have like in your background, like you a mechinical?
Speaker 2: My father was My mother and father were in sound equipment back in the fifties and I was born in Stockholm, dads of London. So it's been my whole life literally born into it. I've known nothing other than professional sound. I have memories, I said the other day, back to sixty three with my dad doing a sound for a band in Sweden, and I remember being there, you know, So I've seen sound equipment all my life.
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel obviously Australian, but do you feel in the heritage sense, do you have a sense of Northern Europinion Australia dead said Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I came when I was young, and so I remember Sweden. I didn't speak English when I came. But it's like a movie and I love Australia. Man, I've been this at sixty six, so yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: Haven't I've been here for sixty years.
Speaker 2: An a formative part of my life. I mean, it's funny because I said I spoke Swedish, but it was at the right time. If you go past a certain age, you end up with an accent. I think twelve or but I was. I got here seven eight nearly, so just banging. It was beaten out of me. And so I don't have that.
Speaker 1: Any been beaten out of your parents or kids kids. Yeah, because do you know I yes, I was Suporn fifty six fifty six okay, yeah, and it was a violent time, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and I came. We're west and I'm the only walking school and so all the skips are there, and they were incredibly cruel little mafia and they'd wait for me a couple o k walk or something. They'd be down the creek to beat.
Speaker 1: Me out, which parc grew which part of Cyni.
Speaker 2: You was Winston Hills. We were in West Right first for a little while, and then we went to Winston Hills and yeah, they're evil little fuckers, but because they incredible too, they didn't do it every day, so we were in terror all the time waiting for them. Yeah, we are. I don't know if you had brothers or cousins or something to help you the former militia, I didn't. Yeah, so yeah, that was my entree into the country.
Speaker 1: But do you think that stuff has any like long lasting formative effects on you?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yeah, yeah, of course it does. Does that along with like I had no real friends a bit speaking, so I lived in beside my head a lot, which I still do, and and then being told that I'm no good loser everything constantly, and then eventually find out where you might be able to do something, and then you've got something to prove. So for sure, my drive is that you need to have something to drive you, and that's that's definitely mine.
Speaker 1: Is that would that be a conscious decision for something like you?
Speaker 2: It was a subconscious It's only through years of I mean introspection. Now, I mean, how do you know, but I look back, why are you who? You are studying myself for a while. Now I get it. It all comes from being a child, you know, yeah, everything, but you're marked from punching, so you know. Yeah right, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was well at the school so like and you know, I had the father out the accident violent. It totally was. It was, and there was a lot of other kids there. We had a lot of Lebanese at our school and a lot of other kids there who were you know, those days escaping Lebanon which was at war, and they come with pretty tough credentials, those kids and I had a lot to prove and it was a pretty cruel place. I mean, I guess that's why they have all these rules on laws now about what you can say, which you can't say, etcetera. But some people say it's woke. What do you mean now today? You can't say things today to kids, but you could say things the things got said to us when we were growing up, like what are your wog bastard? Yeah yeah, yeah, go back, what were you doing bring that to that food to lunch? Today we're eating whatever.
Speaker 2: Even though it's fantastic now, they all want to eat it. They want to, But I've got Greeks in my family mate.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Lebanese and my family. You know, we're a big mix. Is beautiful.
Speaker 1: We are too these days, but it's funny. You know. Back at those days, I actually stupid, but like I actually died. I was dying to have a pie on Mondays. Like I just want to be like them in a Lamington pile of source.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lem, yeah, you don't want to stand out.
Speaker 1: Well, I just thought, actually it was great if I could get Monday was the day you got your bought your lunch because in those days bread was stylee by satur Day or something like that, and breadbass that had livered every day. Monday you didn't get it on the weekend. Monday was the day went and you.
Speaker 2: Got a pie.
Speaker 1: School. So I often wonder about your business or something like you do you have to be or were you or do you employ like because I think this is beautifully designer was just talk to the guys before about the design of this. It's something something theatrical about it to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike's a very personal Yeah, you can make something sound fantastic, but it has to look a certain way. It's like a guitar. I mean, nothing will change. It'll be Strats and Telly Venders forever in Les Paul. I don't care what happens because that's the way guitar looks saying with the mic and especially a handheld mike. And we're in the entertainment game, right. You might think I'm a technology game, but no, we're masters of entertainment. And I've done that mixing bands. According I understand the entertainers. I understand stage craft. And that's why we're so good at what we do because we understand content creators. We're probably the best at content creators in the world. So you, when you can mentor you bro can make this become huge if you want.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy. I'm over to that. So did you will you do? You say that you designed this for content creators, knowing what they needed in terms of theater, but also they need to look that way. Lookin sound really good? So maybe take me through it then, So.
Speaker 2: You keep scratching that mic. We don't have all these sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very tagulous. I've got my tech guy over there. He said, what are you doing? So when you when I look at this and these gurus, the color, the casing, the holding of it, the shape. Can you take me through it?
Speaker 2: Well, there are aspects of this which are technical, so that the holes on the side excep that changes of the pick up right, which means you're going to have mainly from the front. You don't want so much on the size and certainly it's called a cardioid pattern. So there's technical aspects of that design. But then there's also cues styling. Cues of microphones in the past, you know are twenty from electro voice. I mean currently I think you use shore s and seven B quite quite a lot, which a lot of people do because other people do it and they're great mics, but they look a certain way. So don't come along with a shiny triangle point. I mean, I don't care what it looks like. You're not going to be accepted.
Speaker 1: But the theater of this, so particularly for a podcast, particular, if you're a podcast try to make a difference or actually want to be part of the podcasting media like millions of them, the design and shape of it, apart from the acoustic reasons. Was there something that inspired you in terms of what it looked like.
Speaker 2: That's just part of my DNA. Like if you said to me design a mic, I can because I don't even know where it comes from. Because we're talking fifty not fifty sixty years of seeing this stuff and so pencil it out and it'll be right.
Speaker 1: And does that mean to be that person?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: To actually build this up? Do you have to be an industrial designer?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: What do you have to do to go to university? Just or stuff with is just something you just sit down and draw.
Speaker 2: Man, I didn't finish high school. That as what I was throwing out of school. Yeah, but I couldn't do it. So but you pick up a lot of things. Yeah, So I started up. I worked out a way around what I needed after I left school. But I left sixteen. It wasn't any point and they kind of suggested I leave, so I didn't. Plus my dad was six so I had to kind of take over when I was sixteen.
Speaker 1: Anyway, then did you that pass away.
Speaker 2: In eighty seven? But he'd been sick a lot with heart problems, and so I worked in the company. But you know, like the classic milk bar, right, you're talking about the Greek milk bar, right, what are the kids doing. They're serving in the milk. But that's except my was sound.
Speaker 1: Equipment wasn't a choice actually, but you did it anyway?
Speaker 2: What you did? You know? I was with him after school, I was on saturdays. You know, I love it. Know nothing else, but yeah, there's there's so many different things that have happened to me. Kind of thought about it when because I mentioned the story so many times, people sort of dig the rags, the riches and the phoenix rising from the ashes, excepting that's so inspiring. But so much of what's driven to me has been from some serious pain. And even I remember one teacher, and I can't believe he did it. I was at fourteen and I really liked him. I thought he liked me, and one day for that no reason. He's a freedman. You don't have to do any join your dad. You get money for nothing. You'll never be anything. You're a loser. The teacher, it's got it. I'll never forget it. I hope he's fucking dead. I wish I could find out where his grave was, because I'll kiss on it. But you knowf like that, it sits in you. It's damaging, but then if there's a fire there going to go, I'm going to show well I'm not a loser eventually, because for all you think you are, it's pretty shitty time. But everybody has a shitty time. You go back to anybody's life, it's all about their childhood, you know, rather than the ones who have had a great child because then they've got no drive because it's all too good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know, by the way, I think that's possibly the case, is certainly the truth for some people that I know, but not many people can actually take a shitty childhood, or maybe half the people take a shitty child and they turn out to be not so good and they it fox them up and then they can't achieve any And then some people somehow manage to use that as an energy source to do something good and like it drives them.
Speaker 2: But there is luck there as well. Man, I this mightn't have worked, and I would have carried on and made a living and been a bitter and twisted old man instead of worked. And here I am thinking I'm going to take over the world.
Speaker 1: Well you sort of have in relation to.
Speaker 2: Speak. It's crazy right at our age, I feel better, fitter, stronger than I was when I was thirty.
Speaker 1: So how much of that do you though? Is it? Does your own success inspire you to become better, fitter, stronger? Of course, and just say fuck it, I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: I'm amazing, mate.
Speaker 1: No, but you do you look at it. You're fit.
Speaker 2: I feel great.
Speaker 1: Are you fitter now than, for example, then you would have been, say ten years.
Speaker 2: Ago, I'm fitter now that I'm a thirty right.
Speaker 1: And you feel stronger like you have regimes?
Speaker 2: Mat I work out. I mean, I'm if you saw where I'm living at the moment, I love it. Right in an apartment nice, no furniture in there, that's not a reason for it, but just full of weights. And I just work out three days, three times a day, sometimes eat protein, shakes, water, creates. I mean, I'm gone nuts, but I love it. And then I work research.
Speaker 1: You seen your house like a gym?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, teenagers place? It's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you have Do you watch Netflix or let that leave?
Speaker 2: Which tell me really no, no, I'd rather just do research.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your that's your entertainment really totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just come home. I hate I mean, weekends are kind of weird. I'll come home on Friday. I just I mean, I wish we worked seven days. So it's fine. But I came home on a Friday, a house full of food. We're going to get some and then and it's Monday. It's just because I'm moved, I'm left there other than working out inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you cook for yourself? Do you cook for yourself?
Speaker 2: You may become a great cook because I left home early as well, so to learn to cook a die.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll make it, and you want your name the cuisine, bro, I'll do.
Speaker 1: It how impoints tell to you. Then now, because I mean I know everything, all of a sudden becomes the most important in my life. Yeah, there's no point in being successful, you're fucking dead.
Speaker 2: So but oh I up to that probably ten years ago. But then it's done in the last year or two that I really focused on and I gained a lot of weight being a bit depressed recently, and.
Speaker 1: So how do you get out of that? How do you get so out of that?
Speaker 2: Gives you a realization that life, health, fitness is all you've got. And you know, you start a little bit, a little bit away, you get a bit better, and you know you're on a roll the minute. You mean, it's just it's crazy. You can't stop on you once you get there. I feel better than when I was thirty.
Speaker 1: There's an addiction in it totally to.
Speaker 2: Be fit, and it's I'm calm as well. You know, nothing upsets me. It's great.
Speaker 1: Most people would love to know someone is as successful as you and not just successful with the full stop, but you know you're continueing to be successful. We'll talk about that what you do in a moment. But some people love to know what is the routine of someone like Peter. So when you just mentioned how you.
Speaker 2: Live but single minded?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what about what happens when you wake up in the morning, like.
Speaker 2: Go a bit of Like I'm traveling a lot at the moment, so we're away every three or four weeks, So I'm waking up at three thirty something like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you bounce out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Now, I mean I like a drink, but I when I'm at harm and I drink, Yeah, so I'll drop for me alcohol off, I'll give you shit. Yeah, but then if I'm going to drink, it'll be spectacular. And then I don't drink when I'm at home and so yeah, I pop up and then have a shake or some some protein and lift six thousand. Yeah. I mean you listen to a podcast or check out something on AI and you know it's awesome.
Speaker 1: But when you say you're researching stuff, you're not just really, you're not just researching this sort of stuff. You're researching lots.
Speaker 2: Of We're doing so much tech now because there's three major companies we've got. We're obviously Sound wireless technology, Live Sound because the company Macky I bought, and so the same areas. Plus we're very deep in AI. For most people, AI is you know, deep seek chat, grock whatever. I got my own. I put thirty million too, my own. That's how you make money out of AH. You you have your own like a small language model and go very pointy. So it's a little bit different to me. You build a small language model, Your build a small We're constantly working.
Speaker 1: And what do you what are you feeding on?
Speaker 2: What can't tell you?
Speaker 1: But you go, you find, you find somewhere where you can where you can live in my area, Yeah, in your your your stuff in your area.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then so if I wanted if I if I wanted to Now I could just record you, which I am anyway, and then I'll mimic you. I can do the whole podcast, make it perfect, make it funny, whatever I want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, through your through your own AI. And there's your objective to use your I in a more commercial sense of course. Yeah, so that's like to help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a new proctimize. Well, we've got some stuff already. But so let's say we're doing this and all you look back on it and you go, damn, I should have asked that question, and I think I should have. Well, we just do that and then we'll generate the video and we'll drop that in and away we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with my voice everything. Yeah, it's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why you've got to be careful. Yes, I can ring your mates and it'll be you talking. So if it's about money, you need a code word. Yeah, no, I know that of Okay, I've sort of seen that's so easy.
Speaker 1: To we've we faked Obama's voice here doing interview with me and faked his face something like that, and we released it on one April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people go, it's going to take away human creative. That's not true. So there's Ai, the two Ais, there's authentic intelligence, and I still want to hear you. I want to make sure that it's really you. But we'll clean it up and we'll make it better. We'll make this into the most produced slick show ever because we're going to use the tools.
Speaker 1: And will that will that accompany, that tool in due course a company. Your sound system.
Speaker 2: Is part of the and I hate the word and I'm going to say ecosis does, but yeah, put money in the jar. But yeah, it is so the you know, we make technology, but that's who cares, right, It's what can we do with this thing? That's what we're about. And man, the stuff that we're working on incredible. I can record meetings and it'll automatically label who's talking. It will give me a complete print out of it. Uh and at the end of it, it could talk for three hours and I'm go give me a praisy of the whole thing and bang, there it is. You're going to turn into a podcast and let's make it funny and it'll be a digital moderator. It's incredible, man, But it's all going to be for people. It's not going to be I don't want to see a fully generated thing. I'm not interested. Most people aren't make tools.
Speaker 1: Do you do? This is to continue to reshape, restructure the let's call it the pacasting industry.
Speaker 2: Have something that that's what I do. It's my life. I'm not going to be sortentious and saying like an art just painting, but it's it's kind of that. I mean, I don't need to do anymore, but it's what I do. It's like, why does Paul McCartney play gigs because he's the muser?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you are? Do you? I don't understand the phenomenon. But why do you think podcasting because you know, you tapped into the growth of podcasting industry, either that or you help create the podcasting is why do you think it has grown outside of the fact that it's stuff successible like this and they can turn themselves into a broadhast But why do people want to do it? Do not know? Why do peopleant to listen? Why do people want a podcast? Why are there's so many people.
Speaker 2: Doing well what people want to do? They want to make money out of it? Why do people want to listen to it? They want to learn? You know? And the thing with it is now though you look like diary ceo Lex Friedman yours, except there's so much out there, right all they are incredibly interesting. I watched quite a few of yours there, Herrick Banner and not he wasn't were running out of time. So we've got to tighten him up, you know. And then but the long form podcast is I'm not Wagan. It's still I'm not. So that's personal. I'm not so much into him. I like information, so like Lex, yeah, but you know, I like to see a three hour deep dive, right, But then I would tighten him up as well, so that but that's kind of what you do. You're not going to get out of me. If somebody system, can you come along and we want to do like a twenty minute any of you go, no, I'm not interested because you're not going to find out anything from me. You need to talk to me for a long time and outcomes some stuff. We piss off half of it and then it's some gems there and we tighten it up and it's skill. Yeah. So and I want to consume that the way I want to consume it. I want to press the button and go give me all that in ten minutes and bang, it'll.
Speaker 1: Do it not in a text, but in a in a video, in a video, auto auto edited, auto edits, Yeah, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And it will also learn what I what I like. So parts of your podcast will go, well, here's one that suits what you're interested in from for a mark two hour podcast of course, killer, that's what you're going to be doing.
Speaker 1: So is that because you're Is that because it knows which parts of my video, my my podcast that you'd like to do in the part that you spent over, Yeah, it'll know what I mean. It's time stamping. It just goes through all the time.
Speaker 2: And also the way you feed the model. Like so there's so much in what we're talking about now, which is the fillers. Get rid of them, tighten them up and still make it flow. Yeah, but we can do that. We can. We can see it for two hours and then we can condense that with clever editing. Your guys doing it to thirty minute thing highlights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sort of what the guys do.
Speaker 2: Now again, other people won't you know, I want the long form I'm going to now and listen to them. It's like the cooking show, you know, just let it run one camera, one take off, you go, they drop things. It's interesting, Yeah, but I don't need to do that. Sometimes I go, give me, I'm driving to work, give me ten minutes of tight mark talking to somebody. I want the info.
Speaker 1: Or I'm driving a bar and I'm able to listen the next three hours.
Speaker 2: There you go, what's your choice? Click three, two one, ten minutes and they're all giving me the metal salient points in ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I'll be happy with that. But if you know, if the AI, if I could say, if the AO said to me, helling at me in the car for mark three hours, give me the long form, there you go. Yeah, it'll give me a long for it'll give you what you want. Or I've only got forty minutes, give me this.
Speaker 2: And then references off everything you say. Then you go, if you'd like to learn more about that part.
Speaker 1: Here's all okay, I said, references whatever you want, like as an addendum sort of at the back. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Total of your family history. You mentioned one thing people you've worked with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you go go, that's amazing. So when will that? Have you released it or getting ready to release it? You're still working on.
Speaker 2: It's got to got to space these things out to suit what people want, so in the interface to it.
Speaker 1: So what about it, because obviously road casters have been more about the audio. What about video?
Speaker 2: Where you guys, I don't know if we've got to think called nas CV, which is the most amazing production tool for video so basically television and radio station for a couple of grand yes, I mean, you know you've been in media a long time. You know what it meant before. Man, it's too cheap.
Speaker 1: You couldn't afford it before. You could afford these before either, by the way, and you couldn't You couldn't for the reg.
Speaker 2: Where you're going to put it up and look at the cameras now, I mean, it's so simple.
Speaker 1: Because YouTube's YouTube still for me anyways, still a big part of the whole podcast process, and that's obviously video.
Speaker 2: But you don't even need that. You know, you can stream it yourself. So YouTube is going to be one thing. But then eventually you go, you know what, we'll just have our own channel and people just you log onto your stream.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so you can.
Speaker 2: See it live or whatever you want.
Speaker 1: You have you released your cameras yet or you're.
Speaker 2: About doing the cameras at the moment we deal. We work with a lot of big camera companies as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's there's so many projects that we could do. This is where I've learned, you know, to analyze what I should do, because no matter what you you only have a certain amount of time. You might even have the day, but you run out of mental capability bandwidth.
Speaker 1: So what do you what do you see? Peter Friedman being in his sixties now well healthy, yeah, prime of his life, fit and ever before, happy, happy, happy enough. I'm happy to we'll do it later. Happy, but happy enough like in life like happy yeah, but like some people, you know, how do I get happy? I just just be happy enough? Like that's enough for you. You don't have to happiness and happy enough to me is contentment. That's exactly what just been content And it doesn't mean I'm happy all the time because going.
Speaker 2: On, I love it. We're living in the best place in the world, totally walking distance from me. Yeah, this is amazing. I'm loving it. So yeah, I'm one already and I get to do all this tech. It's just a dream, do you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm this type of person I get obsessed with new ideas, and you know, it's sort of like focus man, semi sickness for the obsession. But one of the things I'm you talked about earlier on but one of the things I'm obsessed with, and it sounds really fucking indulgent. And it's about trying to live as long as possible.
Speaker 2: And I, why do you want to do that?
Speaker 1: Because I got so much I want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, don't you don't you also have a feeling. I remember she passed away a while ago, and she was ninety four, and I remember leading up to it and she came out about enough. You know, she wasn't to me, I'm not going But you say that, and now I get it. I don't want to live my life again. Well please, No, it's like I've seen that movie now fifteen times, so do it again. No, I'm doing new stuff, but repeat it and.
Speaker 1: No, I don't need that again.
Speaker 2: Right, So eventually we might get to the point where in the late eighties and go, yeah, I kind of done it. I don't want to die, but I don't give a shit anymore. I'm not scared of death and I've done it. Man, I could die tomorrow and I'm not going to really be going Oh actually would piss me off a bit, but I wouldn't know. But there's enough. I think we programmed to have an up. What do you need to be one hundred year old?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want the option.
Speaker 2: So what are you going to do?
Speaker 1: I don't know there is that, but I wonder whether you say, yeah, sure, I don't want to go back and do what I've done before. But at the same time, and I'm not scared of death like you as well, because when it happens, it happens, and when your dead doesn't matter. But I'm also love life currently, so I love learning me too, and if and if I could, and if you have the capacity to continue to learn, if new things always coming along, you can learn, Like you know you're talking about AI now, things we would you and I would never conceived thirty forty years ago artificially.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it'll continue.
Speaker 1: Well, I kept wondering that too, but I keep seeing things keep coming along, Like I never thought about the Internet, but the Internet came along. I never thought about the Internet of things that's using senses and that came along.
Speaker 2: We We're very similar, right, so we are enthusiastic. We've got a young outlook blah blah blah, and it's not drive, it's real. Yeah, But will we be like this when we're in our late adies? I do haven't made in his and he is going, Wow, lovely guy. Charles Curen, sharp as attack, love and life, doing stuff, and I go, that's that's my idol. That's what I'd like to be. I I can be like Charles, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know either, I made the kuld Nick plitis his mid eighties, and Nixon ever been more vibrant, like He's amazing.
Speaker 2: Please if that happens great, and.
Speaker 1: Even old Harry Trigabov Harry's ninety two. Harry said right there, and I see there. And Harry is as still as full of life, not as energetic, but still is full of life intellectually as evidence.
Speaker 2: Is working still it goes work every day. I want to drop dead in my work.
Speaker 1: That's my goal with me too, And people said, why do you want to work for the rest of your life? But like you, when I went to school, all the kids that I went to school with or retired to sixty five, everyone's retired and they're fucking miserable. They're not happy. So I read somewhere and it was in the brief, and of course, well as you expect, I get a brief. You like the book The Outer Wall son Zoo. Now, I remember when I was in my forties, I gave that to all my when I had the Wizopisess originally the Whispersiness, I gave all my senior staff that book to read that. I gave him the book the letters from Machiavelli to the Prince as well about because we were doing lots of acquisitions and what happens when you buy a business, how you change the culture, how you try to get the culture come along with you. And that was Macallis led us to his prints and and some people think that stuff Macabellian art of war is.
Speaker 2: Too with the culture. To Macaveli is like has negative connotations, but in Italy it's not. You understand, Now, that's the whole point, you know, the whole the whole art of war. You know, I did in China and the nineties, and I learned it all. And you sort of slammed the tail and got a sun subin fa, which is the way of the warrior and it're all going and we're off, we're running, you know, cold city.
Speaker 1: Could you explain that?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Why do you think I have my views on it? But like, why do you think the art of war is valuable today in business? I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: If you if you read it, it's valuable for life. You know, it's a you know, if you're weak, act strong, if you're strong, act weak. All these little little parables and you know, the rabbit being chased by the fox. You know who could going to come out as well? The rabbit's going to get killed the foxes once a meal. I mean, you can then learn so much and apply it to life. You know, never take away a man's rice bowl. Basically, you know, we're doing a deal and I can screw you ruthlessly if I want it. I'm not going to. I want you to walk again. Tough deal, but he's fair because we'll do business again. Nothing to do with cosmic karma, but it's the right way to run, and that's just what it's full of. So it's not about biting you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a very interesting one too. By the way, about the rice bowl, you always got to leave something on the table.
Speaker 2: When you're doing a deal, the people, some dickheads think nah, when it takes all well, you're a bushy and you are going to burn all your bridges and nobody wants to do with you. People want to deal with me because they know they're going to do all right. And I walk in if I was going to sell to you back in the day, I walk in, I'm here to make you money, Marck and you go over two seconds if I go, I'm here to make me money. To get the fuck out it. Yeah, simple, well I needs a little bit.
Speaker 1: But where where do you Where did you? Where did you learn these the skills and life skills my parents?
Speaker 2: And also selling. I mean I was on the streets up here selling sound equipment in the in the seventies, and you know, you learn real fast what works and what doesn't because you didn't get the job where you did get the job. It's like one of the I tell people salesman as a guy who had a whole run of gyms around Sydney in the eighties. Remember the gym thinking of became in the nightclub and it was in bonding and I quoted, this guy's a big, big job thirty thirty grand, which I'm huge for me and he. I mean I never would wouldn't commit It.
Speaker 1: Was the sound system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know for the aerobics, that's what I did all the gyms, and I drove past what would just seven times I've gone to see him, and I go, I do one more time. Got it in my van driving a bond van. Walked up. He looked at me and went, oh, for God's sake, all right, got job knowing I'm not going to forget this. So you learn stuff along the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and persistency. How important to give up? That's important to give up on life.
Speaker 2: Anything they're going to learn when to cut your losses that's not given Up's like, don't don't keep doing something that will fail. You know that's ridiculous, But you've got to keep fighting. You fall down, you've got to get up.
Speaker 1: When do you know if you're if the businesses is a failure and it's time to give up.
Speaker 2: I know it now, and that's from years and years of making huge mistakes. So now I'm good at it, just like you know the heuristic ability we've built up over the years of screwing up. Right, So how do you know, well, that's fifty one years I've been running a business.
Speaker 1: That's why, well you and I know, because we've been doing it for so long.
Speaker 2: Right, It's because you screw it up, that's why you know. It's not because your magic knows stuff. Yeah, nobody's born with knowledge. Yeah, we all learn. Yeah, you've got to. And it was and remember a lot of people don't remember. Yeah, but I've made the same mistakes three times. We're supposed to make an idiot.
Speaker 1: But to will marriage three times We'll start.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not going to go there, but yeah, you know you personal relationships probably the hardest thing in the world. Yeah, but I think about it everything i've screwed up and trying to be better person, better at it and being fair not a fool, honest, that's that's what works for me. But I'm also not a mark. There's a lot of people trying to take advantage of your own life. And I'm super tough, but I'm also pushover in other ways. You know, I've been quite brutal as well because of what happened to me. Sad. I look back, I thought I've made three grown men in my company. Big guys cry and I'm looking and what are you doing, snowflake? I mean like, no compassion, no nothing, this cold maniac And then don't do that. I didn't mean to do it, but it's like brutality of it because of what's happened to me in the past.
Speaker 1: Do you have any regrets about anything you've done?
Speaker 2: And are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Of course a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh. I could write books on my regrets. But what vision mirror fix can't fix yesterday, can only fix now. It's easy for me to be nice now because I got there and I can take time, and I'm not desperate. When you're desperate to make money that day, forget being nice, forget me, and it's like you come near me and you try and stop me. I'm going to I'm going to punch in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the only things in your head at that time. I'm surviving. I'm going to get my next step ahead. And that's when you don't make very good job.
Speaker 2: In a brutal area, which is in you know it's media entertainers. How how what a bunch of assholes?
Speaker 1: Big smile on stage, smile fuck you, that's my saying. You know that you're getting smile.
Speaker 2: Fucked all the time, of course, but you can't let that make you better and twisted. I will maintain. I'll give everybody a go, but I'm fast to judge. So you'll I meet somebody, I'll be open, et cetera. One NINEO second, I see, Oh, you're a complete prick. And then they're dead, They're gone.
Speaker 1: And do you use brush them all together? You just brush them?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't have a lot of people, and especially now with all this, you know, you get like you know, you've had it all your life or for long longer than me. You've got money, so people are turning up because I want your money. Yeah, so you think, well, what do you want? I know what you want, So you could become jaded and you you can't let that happen because there are nice people. Those people want you for you to day.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, I think pet everything is like unfortunately, most things in life is transactional.
Speaker 2: Most things rest approsst. Yeah, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The ones I find amusing is they come along and they want something from you, but they don't want to keep you anything in return.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't work. But they don't understand the reciprocity. No, yeah, they're fools. They think you're going to give them something and but there's nothing really going to come anything going to come back the other way.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how do you how do you live your life and keep people away from.
Speaker 2: You like firewalls? Yeah. People, it's hard to get to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hard to get what I'm saying, Like, do you would you call yourself a little bit of a recluse? Yeah, well then a proper reculuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I love it. I'm really happy in my own mind. I got some friends. I'm very care very few. I mean, real friends do you.
Speaker 1: Have if you can know thousands, Yeah, I'll be tens of thousands.
Speaker 2: But yeah. So I'm totally happy in my in my social life and what I do. But I don't go out. I don't like to go out.
Speaker 1: When people say you don't, do you go out to me and you say, well, like, I might as pretty much some as yours. I don't care for it. That's probably I don't.
Speaker 2: Parties. I get invited all the time, and basically it there'll be some fundraiser if I've got my charities and I give them their money and then somebody invites me out, saying, cut to the chase, Dude, you know what do they mean? What do you mean? Close? I know what you want. You're shitting me. You want some money. I'm going to tell you no anyway, but learn to close because this is ridiculous. You want to come out and buy me lunch? No you don't. I don't want your bloody lunch.
Speaker 1: And do do you ever feel as though that you're not many people in handle that? Do you feel as though sometimes you're being to tickle them?
Speaker 2: I don't give a shit. Yeah, they're being rude, and I love it. Some of these fundraising people there.
Speaker 1: Complete more on so as your charities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of them are. And they get indignant when you don't give them your money. I go, well, what do you give me your money with?
Speaker 1: Help me through the same process? Beans through the same process.
Speaker 2: It's silly. Yeah yeah, so yeah, no, that's okay. I don't have a problem telling people.
Speaker 1: See I mean this this show. He's gone straight talk, But it seems like to me that you live by you live by that talk straight, tell the straight.
Speaker 2: But I won't do something that will hurt somebody. I'm not showing off by doing and that'll only come out when somebody oversteps the line, Like you're now being rude by trying to push this. You're very bad at it and you're you're upsetting me, So you're going to you're going to cop it. Very few do because most people aren't rude.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like as we get older they we get more tolerant.
Speaker 2: I'm getting younger, so I don't know about you.
Speaker 1: So I like that. Well, mate, if you can discover that one that is totally disruptive you have and I haven't. Don't tell anyone. Don't tell them that?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Because there's a secret?
Speaker 2: Dude? He crazy? Now we are. I don't know whether you want it, but you are going to add too well over our hunch. Yeah, because all the diseases are being cured and we know how to be healthy. We don't smoke anymore.
Speaker 1: Did you have a smoke when I was younger?
Speaker 2: Maybe I could do sixty singings in the night when I was running bands and stuff. Madness, You keep that that's why everybody died in their forties or fifties, and we have here, we are in our late sixties, and do we look better than people who were in their forties, and there are.
Speaker 1: And we are mates who have died in their forties and fifties.
Speaker 2: Yeahs full of yeah, people who have passed.
Speaker 1: Away alcohol, drugs, yep, just shitty lifestyles and the and the and then the devil gets them somehow, like you know, cancer, part attack, stroke, whatever the fuck it is.
Speaker 2: But we're on it now. Like you know, I'm getting bloods done all the time, and vitamins and exercise, fresh air, water, sunshine, being chill. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you get in the morning, okay, let's say wake up. Just not three o'clock because you're jet late, but let's say it's four thirty whatever. Yeah what five am?
Speaker 2: How? Just freezing too, By the way, I love it. And I have all all my doors that happen cold as cold in my apartment as it is outside.
Speaker 1: I like I like, I like it. I mean a lot of people want to make the hair hot, but I don't. I'm not quite that. I'm not quite that cool for me. How did you come over there and you've got the I'm just looking at the way you dressed you You've got it all cool, man. You actually look like a like a Tom Ford out or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not going out with you trying to crack on to me happening. I like you too much.
Speaker 1: Come on here, you got it. You've got the same deal.
Speaker 2: Going be a couple of beers.
Speaker 1: When you wake up at five am? And do you do you rip into a coffee? Yeah, double espresso, double espresso. Now, just to just to sort of refine that a little bit. So when you talk about double spresso, like, are you when it comes to health and awareness your health? Are you? Are you so obsessed with it that you will only drink so cold press double espresso like there's been brewing all night, or you want the property.
Speaker 2: There's this little thing is like a one pot and it's in a one shot like a normal and it's paper like your hand bleached paper and killer. It's as I reckon, ninety five percent, as good as a grind. I used to do my own roasting and all I get obsessive about everything and then get bored. But yeah, so it's great coffee.
Speaker 1: It's a big but you filter it.
Speaker 2: Basically you feel it's like an espressom this big I'll give you one, but that big little glass bottle. Man, it's it's incredible.
Speaker 1: It's bang, but you put a little filter thing in there.
Speaker 2: It's these little things have a filter in it. It's like a pot a shot of coffee encapsulated in a filtered paper. You whack it and you close it, throw it. They've been whack another one.
Speaker 1: And oh wow, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's the man best thing I've ever.
Speaker 1: Because it takes something out of the coffee that is not no good for us, but it keeps the caffeine in and everything. The filter.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's just paper. It's a shot of coffe. Yeah, it's like the grind next door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like in the latter because you live around this territory around now rather so.
Speaker 2: Like a suburban of world. Don't tell anybody?
Speaker 1: Could I say the name?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Can I say the name? What's the point it is? Have you always looked there?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, and then I was a bit different then when I came back, probably eight years ago.
Speaker 1: It's a very cool area.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Although I'm living in an apartment building. I shouldn't say this, but it's a little bit of a Actually, yeah, we'll edit that one appropriately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll get our a edit that one. I I edited that bit out. Actually, I edited out and Reserve.
Speaker 2: It's the whole vibe changing in the area. It's becoming older, which is a shame on. The younges have been pushed out because of the apartment price one room. The size of this office is twelve hundred bucks around a week. I mean that's well, who can do that? No, I don't the young people of creatives, et cetera. That's the good part. We'll end up a whole of the rich old farts, which is not much fun.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. I was having the social sporting because it's a Reserve Banks meeting and I always get on radio that day and I was talking about there's nothing to do with what you do, but I'd just be interested to hear with someone like You've got to say, for Australia, there are a lot of people, a lot of kids, young people, great hard working kids between twenty and thirty who look at what their parents might have told them and what they've always been thought of. I should I'm living in Australia to own a house, or should earn a property, but I never I'll never own anything in the rest of my life. I'll never get to what Peter's got, what Mark's got, or even what my father his father might have, or because they think they think this is what they say. They say as a result, they.
Speaker 2: Think, right, if you think you are.
Speaker 1: They can't afford it. They thought, I think they'll never be able to afford to buy a property. What do you think about? What do you think about that? I mean nothing to do with anything other than the surprises I made affordability for young people in Australia Matte.
Speaker 2: Crazy, But it's what I would do.
Speaker 1: What I would I'd love to know what you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: It is get out of Sydney and you your money that you make. I know, young people making good day if they went to another area, they would have a much better life, right and all the peers there the same. That's what makes you unhappy if you see the black next door doing so much better than you, even though you might be doing really well, you're miserable. So don't play the game. Don't don't do that. Move But now I'm want to stay here.
Speaker 1: And grind away like it's so. What you're saying is paths. They should move to another area like bar and Bay or wherever that.
Speaker 2: Wherever Campbelltown to the west regional New South Wales. I mean there's some beautiful places in the bush dying for people and you can get great properties. Lifestyle for kids is great, but it's like they're scared of living in Sydney. So then they're miserable making thousands a week, both people working and they still feel like losers.
Speaker 1: They spending on rent.
Speaker 2: Spend it on rent, right, It's like, don't but.
Speaker 1: Do you think Australia is losing it? Because you and I grew up in the sixties and seventies in Australia, which was like the bigger dream, the big dream of it your men. Mom had this mate, as soon as you're going afford it, you save it, deposit by a place. You know. That was that's the big Greek thing, which I did, and yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Did bought cars instead.
Speaker 1: I bought a property and then I got divorced and I had to sell the property the first time. But but no, I sort of did it because I could afford it. I actually borrowed the money off. I told him I borrow the money off Harry Triggeboff. He lent me with all the money, not personally, but like what year was this seventy six seven, and I bought an apartment. He built the apartment, and if you bought one of his apartments, he lent you ninety percent of the money. I borrowed the other ten percent.
Speaker 2: But I feel very responsible of you at such a young age.
Speaker 1: Well, I was married, had a kid, so I was twenty that's too you twenty Just yeah, eighteen nine, and it was just I just got married and I had a kid. Man like I was. I married my girlfriend for school, you know that old thing. And and and not to know, I don't know any better, but I get not sad on all the word is, but I feel like young kids never going to get the same virtunity that you and I might have had at the same age, you know.
Speaker 2: But again the whole house ownership thing, and it was the Australian dream and a quarter acre block and all that. I remember. Mum and Dad's first place they bought was eleven grand in Winston Hills. And not just the time and the money changing, it did more than double and triple in real terms of what it takes your yearly wait right, so become silly. But say in Europe you can get long leases. The problem here is six months and then they're walking in and.
Speaker 1: Put the round up all that crap.
Speaker 2: So but if you could get a place and it's nice and go, here's a thirty or forty.
Speaker 1: Year lease, Happy days, Happy days.
Speaker 2: So we've got to change, right, and what all happened? I'm pretty sure of your ship granuation phones who are are roll wash with a coin. We'll start doing that because they're quite happy to get there a nice little return for the next one hundred and fifty years whatever. Right, And you're in this game, dude, this is where you should be going. You should be organizing stuff with Harry and coming up with rent places. But it's a fame as London. The ninety nine year liases is as good and you can flog it if you want it, you know what I And.
Speaker 1: You're not going to live longer than anyway, So happy days.
Speaker 2: Because what does it matter?
Speaker 1: The big issue is about getting jammed by the landlord. For these younger people every six months or tore moments. I have to get up there.
Speaker 2: When I was renting, when I broke up with my wife, first wife, I was renting, and it's terrible. Even though I was having a nice place. Some dude left his card on the table, had the keys right, and you come into my apartment while I wasn't there, and I mean I lost my ship. So then after that, I never said it's changed. All the bloody locks every time. Fuck them. But it's horrible. You can't hang anything on the wall and it's like you feel like, so you're writing a form. Do you own or do you rent? Rent? Oh? Rent? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well it shouldn't be a stigma touched to it, but there is. And you're right in Europe most people rent places, but they get them for a long period of time. They ain't going to round them today.
Speaker 2: This is your quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, don't you think the prime minister should be talking to people? The Prime Minister is exactly the treasure holding the big summit. When do they invite you to come in and talk.
Speaker 2: To about I always find that really funny when they have they have tech summits and anything, and they don't forget I don't give you shit, I don't want to go. But they don't bring in businesses, the little businesses and might like me. We have the employers one or two of these big internet kind of people, God bless them, very clever. A lot of the ain't only about manufacturing or employment, like the way we do the group of people who make stuff. But we're in there in dieted.
Speaker 1: But what is that? Why do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, well, they're academics, so they're not Will you tell me a politician who's run a business, then run a lemon. I don't know. I met many of them.
Speaker 1: They're great, but they got well intentional, but.
Speaker 2: They don't know grassroots business and what it's like to start something and have no money. So some of the concepts are like, well, they're academic concepts of what we should do well.
Speaker 1: But you just put an idea on the table, which is a you know, I haven't heard this idea.
Speaker 2: Before, but I shop politicians, but I.
Speaker 1: Heard an idea. You put an idea on the table that should be put on the table for this summit. It comes from Peter Freedman, who you know, he's a manufacturer of these things and other things like you know, its sound and equipment and everything to do all that technology.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone. I just want to get it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, but the point is that they're not talking to people like you. That's my whole point. That's silly, yes, and not the don't even have a box where you can sort of send something into them and say, well, the kip to me to their idea. And you think, well, I'm not going to be bothered because if I do send it and they're not going to read anyway, they won't give me the time of day. Because here we are having a podcast about your business and all suddenly thought to myself, I'd love to know what peterph somewhere, Peter Freeman thinks of this. This probably how would you solved We'll get people for your lease?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you and I could sort this totally if we wanted to, and we had the coin to put to it. Maybe Harris should get involved. But because he can do it. Man, what a change to Australia.
Speaker 1: Because this isn't all a bad and I think maybe one of the things that drives you was maintaining your dignity. But dignity is an important thing. Everyone deserves to have dignity, and the indignity of being a renter and you're gonna have to leave after six months or within six months a guy jacks at to a price you can't affords. Sure, you don't need that shit.
Speaker 2: The pressure of these young kids, and they've got the children and they're working so hard and they're making they're bringing in thousands every week and they feel like they're on the bread line. I mean that's madness. So one of you've got to come up with a sort of explanations like what is it what you could do as an alternative and regional Australia should do things to attract them. There are in the States. I'm going to do a lot of work in the States and the local places they're bringing people in, they'll they'll help them build a house and there's proactive stuff that to attract people there. I heard something recently as all as I thought was great. I think it's hungry where if a woman has one child, that reduced their tax I think if they have three kids, they'll never pay tax again. Wow, women, right, So it means women can go out of the workforce, but they know when they go back in they're making coin. Plus we have more population, I mean.
Speaker 1: It makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's like a what a brilliant I don't know what other policies they have which are probably stupid, but that one sounds bloody good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And whilst we're talking about ideas, you know that's our disfe government, and that's great and I love that policy, those policies when you're you know, I don't want to sound like that's good vodka by the way, very good. No one knows but the bottles of it. But my good ideas you're like for me to some extent when you must have made decisions about this sort of stuff and the sorts of conception we're talking about relation to AI and using that as an AI editor so to speak.
Speaker 2: We'll go at dinner one night. I'll blow your mind saying on this, but I'll blow your mind.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the industries of the future? I mean, does that's something that you think about much constantly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a huge factory here. I have three major companies, you know, one in Seattle, one in Rio Rancho, Albuquerque. You know, lots of staff, big real factories. So I'm constantly looking at where manufacturing is going. And AI is not going to take that either. By the way, That's another part of my ongoing success because you've still got to make stuff. I can come up with concepts, but it can't.
Speaker 1: Make it physically, can't make it.
Speaker 2: No, but there'll be less requirement of certain people. That's the big danger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those certain people can be redirected into do other ways. I don't know the answer to that. I can't hear. But like a postman who used to deliver the mile, he's probably doing delivering He's probably delivering Uber eats or something now. But at least you can do something. He's delivering something.
Speaker 2: Because that's the scary stuff.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Who would have.
Speaker 1: Ever thought that one of the biggest industries in the world would become couriers, the humble courier Because we buy really online, we're going to get delivered as.
Speaker 2: A service industry is what is going to flourish and live performance and this sort of thing and theater and you know, I'm involved. Sydney Festival is looking at what they're doing next year and it's exciting and we're going to want more of that. But doctors, lawyers, accountants, lots of design and say universities, I'm a bit of a shit SERI. I write an article on LinkedIn and basically if anybody says to me they're studying for a doctorate or why you're of no use anymore? I got that in my computer. Now every paper that has ever been written, and then cross discipline completely. So I'm sorry if you're a specialist. I'm a generalist. What I wrote this article about it a little bit about a real lot of stuff, and now the world is my oyster. Yeah. Completely, And if you've got a kid who's like that, they're going to inherit the earth. You don't need to be a specialist. You need to be a generalist. And then use.
Speaker 1: AI because I could ask a question this morning about university when I was on the radio, and.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a degree? Do you?
Speaker 1: I do very humorous, but will roll it up. That's my era. That's no, I get it.
Speaker 2: I grew up. But people work doesn't mean union's going to disappear now, not quickly, because society doesn't change quickly, and they'll hang on for a long time. So somebody actually, one of the guys that work, Damien, my CEO, and he said he's right. I think he said it was when people who are thirty five now dead. That's the kind of timeframe. That's when all these things we're saying we'll have taken hold. There won't be those units, there won't be you know, even your doctors and we will have all the auto blood tests and you know, but our governments are going to make the doctors control it in the short term and I can see exactly what's going to happen, but there are going to be people who are going to be.
Speaker 1: Out of work, going to end up. It's my answer was that will become a plumber.
Speaker 2: You have how many plumbers?
Speaker 1: Well, we need a lot of here and austral at the moment electrician building.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know the future for everybody, and they're still churning out thousands of people who will not have any.
Speaker 1: Work, and there's universe is definitely out.
Speaker 2: But even kids now blows my mind. You're sort of talking to parents and people that still don't understand, even from young to any age group, and you do know what's happening. Can you not see the two kilometer high tsunami out there? And they're going, what I can see it? You can see it, but very few can. We could.
Speaker 1: But I think there's a lot of snobs out there too. They think, well, you know, if you don't have a university degree.
Speaker 2: Now I'm talking about how they're going to be wiped out. Who cares about the snobs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the their jobs on yesterday made.
Speaker 2: Means nothing. Yeah, we can as an example, so this is how I walk around with this pocket all the time because I can't help myself like a little kid. There's a wireless transmitter from this new company. Right, So the code and this is the best in the world who use their old film. Right, there's code in which takes you have to be a specialist to write it in that area for years and it would take weeks and weeks to do. We can do a new code on an AI now to three minutes and it's better. So for that for an any device like that. What does that thing that's a wireless transmitter? Come on, man, you've been there everybody film, you know, when you see a movie, every Hollywood movie uses actually this brand company. So it's like a lab mic, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeh yeah, yeah, but you're wa't carrying around what what you're carrying around with?
Speaker 2: You get the vibe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ship tell me the truth going whatever? Really sure it's grabbing something from the from it.
Speaker 2: So I just look at it now and again, and then I can think. My mind works in a very strange way, and so I'll look at that and I think about another product.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think about it the way?
Speaker 2: I'm really strange? I really love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but well you're happy with it, that's the most boyling. But do you ever think to yourself? My mind does think differently to others?
Speaker 2: Now? Do I didn't know that. That was the hard part, because you know, how do you know you're a certain way? He just used you and then kind of recently was diagnosed. I think I've watched a Jim Jeffery singer. Yeah, and I agree with him, and he was diagnosed. I think from memory as a kid, right, I'm dyslexic, and it came late. I was told. I didn't know that. I just thought everybody thought that. So right now I've said this before. I'm thinking about half a dozen things right now. Yeah, we're talking and I'm acting, and.
Speaker 1: I always call it a performance.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm also thinking about work and other stuff. But that's I thought everybody did. So now I'm thinking about this now as well.
Speaker 1: Yeahs your question, because the.
Speaker 2: Movie going on here, actually three movies going on, and some of them are good.
Speaker 1: And sometimes sometimes I think of myself, if we.
Speaker 2: Could do this again. Sometimes I did bring me vodka every seven minutes. Drink.
Speaker 1: So sometimes I think of myself when we have a conversation with somebody actually not talking to them at all. We're having conversation with ourself. We're actually talking to ourself, whether they interact with what we say or not.
Speaker 2: And we want to come across a certain way. So do you two wankers trying to show.
Speaker 1: Off we're having a conversations.
Speaker 2: Well, from time to time, yeah, ans and lies, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's from time to time. So I'm a banker and I'm a liar, and but but I do really think we haven't like because often have to ask it. I'm to address the crowd and stuff like that, and I think I'm actually talking to them. Makes you're talking to myself the whole time. But they people then are having a conversation in their own hand.
Speaker 3: About what I'm doing. I could tell you're authentic. I'm really believe you're a real person. I believe in stuff. But at the same time, I do have conversations with myself all the time. And I don't mean in a sense that I'm talking to myself. But as far as I'm concerned, my conversation, my conversation is not two ways it's one way.
Speaker 1: It's in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but don't you question yourself like I love that I analyzed. I can't. Why did you say that? Why did you stupid?
Speaker 1: It's great, Yeah, that's so your talking to yourself.
Speaker 2: Idiots shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: It was funny this morning, yeah, because you know how they say get into the light in the morning, because the morning. So I did that this morning. And what I just found a part where I could go do was it was in Betatic guards and I was sitting there and I had my phone and I was, this sounds a bit bit terrible blood. So I was on I was on one of the AI protocols and I was once I was I asked a question, but I had an allow speaker, so I was, I was talking to it and I was I was talking to me back, and I was talking to the lads about mitochondria, and I was asking the asking the protocol about we just explain to me how the electron transport system works when it comes to mitochondria. Anyway, it starts to get in all your Yeah, still give me the long conversation. And a dude walks past and sits down right next to me. And he could hear mine was a female voice, and he could hear a female voice talking to me. And I'm just talking back to it, and it's talking to me. And I looked, I look. I didn't want to look at it because I was sort of trying to construct with saying because it was quite complex and I was trying to understand it and try and remember and put it together. And I looked across the guy and the guys guy or I was actually talking to a person, and it was so good. It was so good.
Speaker 2: But you are gain to the more advanced AI assistance that you're going to have very very soon. It's going to be somebody that knows you. Yeah, he knows everything about you. It's also tapped into grow, GPT, whatever, ninety three deep seek all of them, and it's you have the power of the world right.
Speaker 1: It is amazing, man, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's just like we are living in the most mind blowing time.
Speaker 1: Do you think the time will come when you don't need a partner or you don't need anybody in your life and you get this? Do you actually talk to this? Do you talk to all the time? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you mean? No need a partner. Do you want a sex for robot? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, we're not apart from physicality. I'm just talking about in terms of company. Weird now company company.
Speaker 2: Like a person will vacuum and I can't talk to you talking about.
Speaker 1: That's what make me talk like this is how many vodkas they give me? They give you a spike in the drinks. So but do you think that time will come when they will people? There will be there will be a fake version of Peter Friedman sitting there like physically looks exact like a robot, and you'll be, you know, embedded with this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got one for you.
Speaker 1: I go for you, so you might join the real Peter Friedman.
Speaker 2: Who knows? I think I'm a simulation. I think it could be we could both be in a simulator.
Speaker 1: Bring me the right Peter Freeman, and please, I want to see the rule.
Speaker 2: Real slim shady. So the thing that I am going to do, and I don't I wouldn't want it, Like my mum and dad had been going a long time. I can't remember their voices, but I'm going to be able to. I'm going to do it anyway, scan myself, really, really high there and then answer all these incredible questions and I'll have my voice, and so in the future, grandkids, great grandkids can log on and talk to me. Yeah, and it will be me.
Speaker 1: I definitely want it, but I don't want it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't want it for myself at all.
Speaker 2: I think I've got to do it.
Speaker 1: I would like to have it for them, right one percent. That's because you know I did when my dad was dying last year. I recorded every before he went in the hospital. I record every conversation that he had with me, every message. I've kept it in my still my phone, and every now and then I remember my parents just the sound. It's so important. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: So that's why I want to do it. But then they go like I want that, No, I want to leave my mom and dad where you know where it is. But I have to do it because my grandkids, all great grandkids are along. Game might want that.
Speaker 1: You know have great and grandkids, yet my grandkids, your grandkids. Haven't you got four? Yeah? I got I got three and one on the way. Yeah, the three boys in one hopefully a grand daughter coming. Because there are four sons. I don't have any there's all men in my life like no, no, no girls. But look, we're really looking FOROD to get a granddaughter, suit mate. I'm getting it. I'm getting hit up down here by the side because I think you've upset editor too, because he's going to get replaced by your AI and I can show.
Speaker 2: A matter pivot.
Speaker 1: He's getting upset now. But I'm going to wind it up now, mate, But I'll tell you what really seriously, it didn't dig deep enough Manute, Yeah I could. But the problem you know what the problem I have now is, and I'll say it publicly. I have to go and listen to the Reserve Bank government make a speech for the interest rates way more, way more in so I said to the guys. But like, unfortunately, that's well, we can do it again.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's time over a drink.
Speaker 2: I like it all right, good on