Speaker 1: Welcomes winner All three sixty reveling from every angle, brought to you by Telfast last night, the Game United has won the celebrated Our Brighter Stars at twenty twenty four dally M Awards in a thrilling final count. Our game's highest honor went the under the wire.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening and welcome to the twenty twenty four Dally Messenger Awards.
Speaker 3: It's almost like we're writing these scripts at Rugby League Central, but I can assure.
Speaker 4: You, as an avid watcher of NERL three sixty will.
Speaker 5: Tell you which is not that good.
Speaker 6: I think he's got a real confidence about himself. Now he's all embarrassed there because to be shaking his head.
Speaker 3: Olivia Kernig from the Sydney Roosters is your twenty twenty four NRLW Dally M Player.
Speaker 7: Of the Year.
Speaker 4: Jerome, you scored six points and you're Daim Winter of twenty twenty four his drime heurees for the Melbourne Storm.
Speaker 8: How good was that?
Speaker 1: Joining me Gordon Tallas, let's been the general Australian Buzz Rothfield and James Hooper.
Speaker 9: We've got a massive show coming up.
Speaker 1: We've got Penrith Panthers legend, Craig Gower, Melbourne Storm legend Will Chambers. We even't got the goat Nathan Lyon coming up too with a huge summer of creecket on Fox.
Speaker 9: Here is he ready to come on the show. So it's all happening here on.
Speaker 10: Great Feller And I'll tell you what, Galle and Chambers. That could get a lot of fun. Two of the great characters of the game.
Speaker 7: But you enjoyed it made it was a really really special night.
Speaker 11: The right Blake won it. I just want to wrap the NRL and the Dally M compared to the Brown Low. If Jerome Hughes was playing AFL, he could not win the award for accidentally bumping into a referee. We had the rulest allow him to win the most prestigious award in the game. And I was I wasn't happy, you know. I felt for Teddy because he had such a great season after missing, but that guy was the right winner.
Speaker 10: Teddy had a great season, You're right, Buzz and Daily Cherry Evans was also fantastic, but Jerome Hughes deserved it my view, and I think most people widespread agree. He was the best player consistently in the competition all season. His dynamic ball running has been a huge part of why Melbourne Storm finished three games clear of everybody else at the end of the regular season and why they're.
Speaker 11: In the Gray even sat out around twenty six, So that was another potential might costume Cowboy was so exciting in there made it was a great night.
Speaker 1: Record ratings last night for the dally Ms and it was an amazing event and I watched it on TV after the show and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 9: But Andrew Abdo had a bit of a sledge at us last night.
Speaker 12: Did you say that, did you?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 11: I did, Yeah, sort of went through to the keeper. Were you upset or.
Speaker 8: He could ring?
Speaker 13: And he said he just was about you.
Speaker 7: I like the one who's been angry all year. You still haven't got.
Speaker 8: Over it, I know, and I won until next year.
Speaker 11: It was Kevy Gowing has destroyed your.
Speaker 10: Laughs about the bunker though, what about you've gone drop several times?
Speaker 12: Well, I think there's had to be peace talks.
Speaker 11: Well, no, no, no, no, I'm on board with Wayne Bennett, I'm and Cleary and every other senior person in the game that we need a major review of the way this game is officiated.
Speaker 8: And the people that run the game.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and what did he It was a jap, wasn't it.
Speaker 9: It was a bit of Yeah, I thought it was funny.
Speaker 11: You're just said he didn't name you, give you grap you love that.
Speaker 1: I've got you back to Let's keep the fun going. Peace in our time. Now, Munster and Martin are all loved up all of a sudden. Last night they were apparently going to war and hated each other, but now they are.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I prefer that when they were feuding, breath. I think it's great for the promotion of the game. The fans buy into it. Look, yeah, okay, they've posed up for a bit of a happy snap down there by the harbor today. But come Sunday, no question, they'll both be straighted each other like balls at gates. And I can't wait because it's going to be one of the exciting matchups. Last night, you just tried to harvest, That's all you did. You've just that's just charm offensive, That's.
Speaker 7: All that is convinced. It's a lovely story.
Speaker 11: How mum got involved, I presume Cameron's had to be pulled in the line by mum a little bit.
Speaker 7: How old is he? How is Cameron? Whatever? Age? You know?
Speaker 9: How life stories?
Speaker 11: No, but I love the fact Mum read the story, rang him up and said, son, come on, we can't have this.
Speaker 13: It's beautiful. Which one do you believe? So do you believe that? He said, I don't think if he comes at me, or do you believe? Just pose them for a pat.
Speaker 7: Now, I think there'll be friction there on Sunday.
Speaker 9: When isn't there friction?
Speaker 12: The title win a great final, it'll be all Breton Reggies.
Speaker 1: He wrote a good article today keron Monster's career saved by a Swedish ski machine.
Speaker 9: This was interesting.
Speaker 1: Now it's called the skier by the way, which I use every day. But I'm amazed to get more detail on this bus.
Speaker 11: Yeah, interesting story, ready, wouldn't it? He chose the lengths Cameron and the storm. Physio is prepared modern day physio wasn't working with him. Wasn't because you send him in America like a lot of players have done.
Speaker 7: They've gone the ski machine. It's worked.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: It's very common though. But I was like, it's a skier.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know. I'm not into sports. Science or physio therapy.
Speaker 8: We're just going to a gym.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not.
Speaker 10: Apparently Ready's at the Upper Eleonora where he lives. He's had the ski poles out at an't just do a little bit of practice himself.
Speaker 12: He's looking at getting an erg.
Speaker 10: He's looking at getting a legitimate skier into his home so that he can now try and follow Cameron's routine. But on a serious note, they're in every gym. As you know, Broth, I think most funny players are. Absolutely it was one of the hst foot places.
Speaker 13: And yeah, Robert, I can't run story. I used to jump on a roll. Well, now this is a totally different all body workout.
Speaker 9: Maybe go to a gym.
Speaker 11: Maybe I'm surprised he does that because I've had a few spotted sent to me regularly. Manly Beach at seven am, tops off, you'll find Ready with the mitsign and boxing.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, jeez, with glasses on or off.
Speaker 7: Gordon, I'd like.
Speaker 9: To see you, and really reveals his grand final breakfast. This was interesting.
Speaker 1: Now six coke zeros, two breakfast burgers and a large bowl of chips and add the aola. He says, that's that's not too bad the day of the game.
Speaker 10: Well, the funny thing about this is there was another yarn kicking around that the Panthers have burned on the carnivore diet, which Gordy, I think you've earned following for a lot of this year as well, and would give a big rap too, but that you'd be crookers rookwood and if you had six, I think he's zero, you know what for him because he runs so far in a game.
Speaker 9: It's just the energy. I think it's just the energy in carbs and he burns it off.
Speaker 11: There's there's no glue case or suregar to replace. Can't he have a gataade or it's.
Speaker 8: A galler rade.
Speaker 9: Well you're a dietician.
Speaker 13: You're not a sports signist, but you're a dietician.
Speaker 7: Well, there's better things to do than coke zero.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 13: I'll play with some guys where the diet didn't affect their performance. When the Sailor was one of Alan Langer was another one. You'd go in Alfred had toasted seamise chips and a strawberry milkshake.
Speaker 8: I could never have that.
Speaker 13: So jealous games and then and you will would get on the bus with a leader of coke and chocolate and chips and then have a burger and they didn't worry.
Speaker 11: Here in the old day and Johnny Raper's legendary for this having a night out before the match of the day at the cricket ground, a mixed grell and eggs for breakfast and run out and win man of the match, you know.
Speaker 10: And in the modern day with whatever Brian is doing, its working course because and that's why I wouldn't be changing it.
Speaker 12: I'll be sticking to.
Speaker 9: The superstition too.
Speaker 1: A lot of players if they have the same meal and have success eating that meal, they don't change it.
Speaker 10: It's like I still reckon six coke zeros, wouldn't you feel a bit cooked?
Speaker 8: Might have added a bit of gst to.
Speaker 13: Just like you, well, make you goodbye three and get three free one of those deals.
Speaker 1: But all right, but you got some genuine male on Nathan Cleary the kicking session, really.
Speaker 7: Interesting story today.
Speaker 11: The ground round is normally out of bounds of Core Stadium until the Captain's run and the NRLW teams and the NRL teams will both get access for a couple of hours on Saturday and they're staggering and so they don't bump into each other. But Nathan went to home Books today and had about an hour and a half just goalkicking. Apparently he's banging them over from everywhere as you'd expect. It's a really interesting story in that I reckon these sides are so close that goalkicking is going to be so important. Most Penrith tries are six pointers and can Melbourne do four or six pointers?
Speaker 7: I looked at their averages.
Speaker 11: Cleary kicks eighty four percent, Nick Mooney kicks seventy eight percent. But it just shows some professionalism offered to.
Speaker 8: Both clubs or both kickers thing what's happening.
Speaker 7: I don't think it was offered.
Speaker 11: I think Penrith rang up and asked for it, and I'm sure if Nick Moondy did the same thing that allowed that tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Does goalkick in change breath from stadium to stadium or is it not?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 1: I mean, well it can if they're more stadiums are more exposed, and there's more breeze and more when that comes into play, but not really. I think it's mostly psychological. And if there's a psychological avengage, we know who's got that. No one's better than Nathan Cleary and again big moments, so they probably do have the advtage there buzz and that helps as well. I think that Melbourne Doorbe tried to get on Alliance, but they're renovating the turf because they're staying in Double Bay and they couldn't get on there, so they've been at Lighthart I believe. Anyway, Pirate Pete Peter fit Simons wants to bed the kickoff.
Speaker 9: Are we back here again?
Speaker 8: Look?
Speaker 11: I mentioned the show on Monday two thousand, six hundred and twenty two kickoffs this year and less than a handful of concussions. It's silly. It's maybe something we'll have to at least discuss in the future. I've just given you the averages of how often it happens.
Speaker 7: And twenty two it's one every six hundred games, nearly, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I like that the giggle breath when I saw it up there and Pirate Peets hopped down off h m A. S. Mossman and taking the bandanna off and he wants the lecturous about rugby league again. Last time I looked stick to rugby. The last time I looked the Wallabies weren't going. I think they've just lost another series. The game's half part going around the spend in Australia as it is.
Speaker 12: I'll be more worried about. Look, I don't know what he wanted be like me.
Speaker 7: Writing about concussion. Happens in a sports you know, I don't think you.
Speaker 1: We have rugby league reporters writing about rugby union at the moment and concerns about this.
Speaker 12: But would you wait into rugby union?
Speaker 7: I often do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 9: If someone, if someone.
Speaker 1: After coming through as teenagers, Nathan Cleary injury, Loui will have one last ride for the Panthers in Sundays Decider and Jake Duke caught up with the star halves earlier today.
Speaker 2: Well, these two are playing their last game together for the Penrith Panther is a pleasure to be joined by superstars from Penrith, Nathan Cleary, Drome Loi Boyce. First of all, how are you feeling about your last game together in the Panthers colors and it just happens to be a Grand Final?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think it's more excitement than anything.
Speaker 5: Obviously.
Speaker 14: I think I might sinking after the game that it's coming to an end, but for the time bands trying to soak up each day and we're lucky enough that it's the biggest day of all in your Grand Final, and yeah, honestly just excited to do it one last time with him. I've just been out to build this combination where we sort of just know each other's game and know what we're going to do without actually even saying it.
Speaker 5: You guys have had themes over the years.
Speaker 2: I remember Undisputed was one of them, Like, what's been the theme coming into this Grand Final of the Penrith side and how you keep motivating.
Speaker 5: Yourself to get up drome the team one?
Speaker 15: Yeah, for me, I just really dialed into a personal one, and you know that for me was being the last road. As everyone knows, a lot of boys are going through the same sort of situation. So it's motivated me in a positive way to make sure that I've won every day, make sure that I'm my best and it sort of trickles throughout throughout the group as well. So hopefully I've done that. We're on the biggest stage this week and hopefully I can tact that with me.
Speaker 2: Nathan the shoulder all good, no concerns, how's it held up with a week of training.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it feels good, honestly, just carry on. To be honest, there's probably more, just a little scare in the game and obviously it blew out of a portion from there. But it feels really good. Been able to get through a lot of exercises this week that I needed to and get my prep right. And yeah, it's just a question that's constantly an answer at the moment, but it's fine.
Speaker 8: Drum.
Speaker 2: Do you think Leah Martin's going to be shooting out of the line looking for Cameron Munster because I heard that they've been into each other in the media, but I just saw them cuddling back over here. But I still imagine Liam will be had to get him on Sunday night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 15: So I'm sort of counting on you know. But Motto's an ultimate competitor, especially when it comes to rugby league. He loves the game so much and I know he loves this group of boys. He loves winning as well, So I think you can guarantee he's going to go out there and give it his best.
Speaker 2: Just finally, on the Melbourne Storm, your assessment of them, you played them, twice this year they've got the better of you, but they've been very tight games. How do you stop a team with such attacking flair on Sunday?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, pretty much anytime I versed him over the last five years. So it's been a tight, tight game. And you know, they've got the better of us this year and they're a great side. Have a lot of admiration for what they've only done this year, but they've done previously and consistently at the highest level. So it's going to be a great challenge. But saying you know, we're really looking forward to I think just from a fans perspective, like it's the two best teams this year, it's it's.
Speaker 5: Just going to be great.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Jerome, you're the last word. How's the How do you think you'll be feeling come come Sunday? Do you keep yourself levelheaded? Do you think the emotions will get to you as you're kind of walking into a course stadium boombox blaring?
Speaker 5: How do you think you'll be feeling?
Speaker 15: I don't want it to be much different than what I've already experienced, you know, and I think experience is the greatest teacher. I've been able to lucky enough to be a part of this great team and be in a lot of big games. I don't want it to be much different. I want to enjoy the occasion, and I know the competitor inside me is going to be excited to get out there and give them my best shot. Man, So with my big dog here, you know we're going to ride out for sure.
Speaker 2: It's been a pleasure watching you two play together. Don want to enjoy it one more time. Thanks for your time, boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a very special relationship. Those two players who have had so much success, a lot more than many others that have played before them in our game, and they've got one last dance together.
Speaker 11: Thoughts on this I was just saying to Hoops as I looked at those two men and the success they've had, and you start thinking Sterling, Sterling and Kenny, start thinking Daily and Stuart and Langer and Walters.
Speaker 7: You know, that's the one of these grand titles, the great players.
Speaker 11: It's sad. I don't want to keep saying the words sad. I think it's a shame that he's going to West Tigers next year. I loved dynasties, and I love the fact that you know they don't play repforty.
Speaker 7: I guess they came for New South Wales in the future.
Speaker 11: But I've got them up there alongside those great comminations.
Speaker 8: Months to beat them.
Speaker 13: Raman Monster would have beaten them in two Grand finals that they played against them, and that's probably who you judge them against. And you've got Elf that played against Ricky and Alf and you've got the Kenny that was like a little bit before. You can only judge them on who they play against.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, to make five straight ground it's unbelievable.
Speaker 10: It's a salary cap Yeah, you're right, that is a phenomenal achievement. I don't think it's sad buzz that Jermes leaving because it's a salary cap era and you can't keep everybody.
Speaker 7: He played life together.
Speaker 12: But the different there was no salary cap back there.
Speaker 8: Ricky went to the dogs.
Speaker 9: To be happy.
Speaker 11: You know, I don't want to use the word it's I like seeing dynasties. I love seeing champions play alongside each other. It turned the television on every week to watch that Harves combination.
Speaker 7: Same with Melbourne. As you said, well when.
Speaker 10: You make the comparison with Peter Stelling and Brett Kennedy they obviously won two eighty three. Well these blokes have replicated that but in the modern era. So it is a very fair question, winning mate, But it is a fair question and a fair conversation.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Melbourne hasn't won a title since Kemern Smith retired. Jake Juke spoke with captain Harry Grant and the coach about creating their own.
Speaker 2: Legacy Pleasure to be joined by Melbourne Storm coach and captain Craig Bellamy. Harry Grant, gentlemen, thank you so much for your time with Grant final week.
Speaker 5: Craig, I want to start with you.
Speaker 2: A fantastic night last night for the club, Jerome Hughes taking home the main award and some other awards amongst the team.
Speaker 5: How pleasing were you to see you're half back win.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was wrapped.
Speaker 6: I think everyone in the club was wrapped. You we know he's what he's done for our team this year, like on the field, but he's just such a lovely blake, really humble guy. You know, he doesn't expect anything of anybody that he's not willing to do himself, you know. So he's very popular around the club and obviously the whole club was wrapped to see him take the award last night.
Speaker 2: Harry, obviously our first Grand final, you weren't there in twenty twenty when the storm last one. What's it mean to you to kind of finally be here, arriving on the big stage and how are you feeling?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm excited. This is what you play footy for, and this is what you go through a pre season, throughout the whole season, and this week's probably a reflection, a chance to reflect and you sort of realize how much time effort you put in to putting yourself in this position. Then it's all about what we can do this week to prepare well and make sure we play well on Sunday, because yeah, there's one more game to go and you don't want to miss out on that opportunity.
Speaker 5: So it's really important.
Speaker 16: It's exciting, it's a great opportunity and yeah, something we don't take for granted.
Speaker 5: What's it been like captaining in this context?
Speaker 2: Obviously it's your first years captain, then you're coming into your first Grand Final as well. Obviously there's guys on the team that have been there before. How have you handled that leadership role this week?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's probably a little different, and I've definitely asked some questions this week, lent on a few other people within the club or without so externally that aren't involved in the club as well, And probably it's probably get sick of me asking questions at times some people. But yeah, for me, it's it's no different. You know, I haven't been here, so I don't have the answers. You know, it's probably Craigs the ones here in the ship through the week.
Speaker 2: Without giving away too much of your game plan, how to I think you get the best of the Penrith Panthers on Sunday again.
Speaker 6: Now, we've got to be be aware of what their strengths are. And yeah, they're they're out Tide three make a lot of moves for them and do a lot of work for them. But the main thing for us is to make sure that.
Speaker 12: We know what works for us.
Speaker 6: As well, and we've just got to make sure we're doing that right from the start.
Speaker 2: Just finally, Craig, obviously this is the first Grand Final when none of the original Big three are left. Does it feel different? Does it feel like it's almost the start of a new legacy or era for these guys now, the new big four that you've got in your side.
Speaker 12: Oh, I think the new era. I felt like a new era.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when Kevin retired in twenty and then Harry come back and we had to find a way of getting back and burning competitive or staying competitive to be quite honest, And yeah, I think we've just found the players and then coach them and see how they they've combined. And I think the players have done really good job.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, Thank you so much for your time, good luck on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Thanks thanks Mane, Thanks Lott, thank you Ja.
Speaker 9: Yes, it is the new era for the Melbourne Storm.
Speaker 1: They haven't won a premiership since the likes of Billy Slater, Cooper Kronk and Cameron Smith, so it really is a big test for them and I wouldn't call it a monkey on their back, but it definitely the big release.
Speaker 9: If think you get it.
Speaker 1: Done without those superstars that left a few years ago.
Speaker 13: Now, I think you know, when you lose someone like Cameron Smith so dominant, one of the greatest players ever to play the game, you've got to probably reinvent yourself and with Harry Green, I think the way that he's added to his game, I think that they're ready now. But it's to lose such a dominant player as in Billy Cooper and those guys. I think, you know, this is their time and then, like if I put myself back in the Brisbane situation, I didn't feel like that I won a Grand Final. I want to play with Health and Kevy. Once Elf left, I felt like we won in two thousands. I know Munster and those guys will have that feeling.
Speaker 10: That's interesting, and you raise a great point in that this is their time. They get the chance now to write their own legacy. But if they don't win on Sunday, then you say the monkey on their back. It isn't a monkey on their back yet, but if they don't win then it will become a question as they continue to roll.
Speaker 7: Through it, what do you forget? Who's that Grand Final side?
Speaker 11: I think they've lost twelve of them and ten of them are still playing at other clubs. And we talk about Canterbury all the time, taking the three great Penrith players and them losing all those high profile players. Melbourne done the same and Melbourne don't have the junior league. They've had to just be the smartest recruiters with Frank Ponosi and Paul barn So what they've done down there losing as many is just extraordinary, unbelievable.
Speaker 9: It's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Kueber Kong has the outline a plan for Melbourne to target a vulnerable Nathan Cleary.
Speaker 9: Take a look.
Speaker 3: Nathan is the king of Penrith and going to go into stop them from doing. You need to go after the king directly. Now this is a weird one. If I'm the Melbourne store, Nathan is at the forty meter line, just in off at the front line. I'm actually going to kick it to Nathan, and I want him to take the first carry, and I would make a statement physically about picking up, dragging him out, throwing him around, just make him he didn't land the ball about thirty meters other thirty meters a little sandwich, little sandwich, and he has to get it and then just everyone take the handbrake off.
Speaker 1: Very interesting take there from the great Cooper Kronkit.
Speaker 9: I'm not a bad or do you either?
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought about that, but Cooper aren't one of the best in the game with his analysis could ruffle some feathers early.
Speaker 10: I'm not going to question the tactical journeys to Cooper Kromp when you played as many Grand finals and one all the competitions that he has.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 12: I think it could have some merit and.
Speaker 8: You could Tom he started thinking like a Ford.
Speaker 12: Do you like it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, don't you like you? You go out.
Speaker 13: I'm like, all your chips in and let's go like it's a grand point.
Speaker 8: You put all your happen because of the professional.
Speaker 11: When you say it's unlikely to happen. And I thought it was a really nice touch last night when Cooper was on stage that Jerome Hughes acknowledged the assistance he'd been given and the coaching as a consultant there at Storm. And I wouldn't be surprised if in some way he might be tactically involved, you know. Would of course Craig Bellamy had sound him out, wouldn't he.
Speaker 9: And I don't know, you're you're telling the story.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm just telling the story of what Jerome who said last night. You know, I mean Keeper had a bit of a bump over it, you know, at times it was, but it was really nice.
Speaker 9: They still do. They still work this, Cooper still work with it.
Speaker 11: I don't think Cooper still works with the NRL squad at the Roosters. He's got a very soon your Rile bringing through the next generation of Harps and yeah.
Speaker 7: Well Jerome here thanked him last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, maybe playing with him and.
Speaker 11: The transition Hughes has made is one of the most extraordinary transit I've ever seen for battling fullback. Lost his spot to Papenhouse and had to find somewhere to play.
Speaker 7: He's the best half of the comp. He's up there last night with the biggest.
Speaker 1: An amazing job. And Cooper worked with In for a number of years there, so I'm sure he played a deep part in that. Now plenty tipping one of the great Grand Finals, I certainly am. Do you guys agree, Yeah?
Speaker 10: Absolutely, Look, they've been the runaway best two teams of twenty twenty four all season. You can go through from match up to matchup, whether you want to go Munster and Cleary with Loiam Martin and Sean Blah opposing each other on one side, then you flipped to the other and you got hughes up against Jerome Lewie with their creativity and the forward packs. The only question mark that I have is just the loss of Nelson and how big that that is because he is their enforcer, he is their big alpha.
Speaker 1: He's a corner up with Fisher, Harris and the Oder and you know, like the Melbourne Storm play above their wait and have done all year. Can they do it again on the big day against guys that you know are going to turn up that that's the big.
Speaker 7: Challenging twice this year? Is that right?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 11: I've seen some wonderful Grand Finals, the ninety seven Newcastle Manly Cowboys Broncos twenty fifteen. I think, Gordy, we're going to have something similar, something is exciting, possible, even Golden Point.
Speaker 7: It is so so evenly matched.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 12: Last year's was one of the all time epics as well.
Speaker 8: Unbelievable.
Speaker 13: Like I remember when they wanted Brisbane to play camera like those two big poweruses. I got the feel about these two. They've been the best side of all year of the two heavyweights. They got the probably the best coaches in the game and they're going at it. So for me, you know, we have to pick a team, but I don't know who's going to win. You just don't know what's going to happen. And that's and that's exciting for a Grand Final.
Speaker 11: And that's where technically it's so interesting because we've got two super coaches in the boxes were walking, talk is yelling and screaming me more than Cleary.
Speaker 7: One little call from that box could change. You know.
Speaker 12: It's a great point, buzz Is.
Speaker 10: It's hard to split because they've been the best two coaches there for the last five seasons. But is there a coach like does Craig Bellamy experience in the game and he maybe has a little advantage in terms of tactically or do you know what?
Speaker 13: Do you know you're watching you try to read into things. Last night watching the dai MS, Craig had a sip of a bit. I know, it doesn't mean he looked more relaxed than I've ever seen Craig Bellamy. You know how intense is he looked so relax He walked in and he's got and said black he didn't have the beetlejuice jacket. And he walked in and he sat there and I watched him, and he's laughing and he's having a bit that's not normally a coach paint like that's not normally the Craig ballamy that I know. So maybe he's done all the work. Maybe he's got a couple of tricks up his sleep, and then I haven't always looked.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 11: Didn't go last night, which was interesting, you know, with such a big week, and I'm not going to bag him for not being there. There were about eight coaches there, but Bellyate was really relaxed.
Speaker 10: History does tell us that the Melbourne storm, they've been so good at uniform and whatever little more neuent weakness it is in oppositions and then exposing it.
Speaker 1: He said that in the interview too, So he's done his homework Craigville and he needs to keep it all out and hopefully goes down to the wire. Now that's a more a one year anniversary.
Speaker 4: From the long runch long.
Speaker 9: Lunch with the Tigers base. It's one yearniversaries today.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we thought we'd sort of had a few problems for the West Tigers at that lunch. But not long after that, my mate Lee had your pan tell Us and justin Pasco, were packed, said packing, but I put an off around here in the last television rich, how I'm prepared to sit down with your mate, take you from work.
Speaker 9: On the lunch before you employed Bingji? That was that one or at dinner.
Speaker 7: That was changing? You get it right? Why would you put this up with my grandfather? Seriously?
Speaker 9: It's a month and the producer I.
Speaker 12: Think it was.
Speaker 9: No, all right? How much time does Benji get quickly?
Speaker 11: I think he gets twelve weeks, Like I was going to give Keny Walters twelve weeks.
Speaker 7: They're one from twelve, which they could be. I reckon he's done.
Speaker 12: Surely he gets twelve months. I know he got.
Speaker 10: It was his first full season in charge this year, but what are they signing to a five year.
Speaker 7: Paying four straight premierships?
Speaker 11: They're playing for four straight Wooden Spurs understandable.
Speaker 12: You know how they've got.
Speaker 11: Before against when Tim Schoen's was there. You know he did and he catched this year.
Speaker 12: So you're saying the West Tigers the sact ben.
Speaker 11: I'm saying, if it's a year, if it's a disaster, they need to get they can't wait for mate, Can I answer? Can I think about the Grand Final and come back, come on, we've gone for.
Speaker 7: You think we've got.
Speaker 9: I think Benji.
Speaker 10: Deserves a full twelve months, given where that club is, given where that club is, the monumental challenges that it's facing, you've got to give him twelve months with Jerome Leui, Sonny Taruba and maybe they get some other players in over the off season.
Speaker 9: I think that's fair enough.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, to thank you, buzz Se Monday.
Speaker 9: We'll see you Monday after the Grand Final. Beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm going to miss you over the weekend next Small, Chambers and Kaiga will preview the Grand falling tomorrow night at six thirty pm on Fox League.
Speaker 9: It's Finals Footy with Maddie John