Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. White House Chief of Staff Susie Wilds gives a bizarre interview to a left wing Hollywood scandal rag tell me why, plus a bizarre murder of Brown University was in a political hit job against a rising young Republican star. And it turns out we're not the only ones who are big fans. And yes I am being sarcastic of the view you will not want to miss only in America this week. But first terror comes to Australia with last Sunday's horrific terrorist attack at Bondai Beach, the worst terrorist attack on Australian soil, claiming fifteen lives, tearing great risks into the fabric of Australian society and putting Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albinizi very much on the spot. And while this is not a show about Australian politics, I mean this is the US Report after all, I thought it would be worthwhile after what has just happened to look not just at Anthony Albanesi's shockingly poor leadership since the attack, and essentially going to ground to avoid the anger of the community. But the way he and his labor government have handled everything from anti Semitism to international relations since October seventh, and look at that. Let's examine that in comparison to how another leader, Donald Trump has managed these issues. Now, and I know many people pick this up in the US, so I think I will start with Albanesi, the Australian Prime Minister and his government so that Americans know just what is going on down under. I'll give you a few examples. Back in October twenty twenty three, when Hamas terrorists busted through the security defense separating Israel from Gaza and went on the rampage of rape and murder and arsenin kidnapping. Anthony Albanizi well, he was up in the deserts of the Northern Territory campaigning for his Aboriginal Voice to Parliament referendum. As the news came in from overseas, Albanzi stayed in the desert and it wasn't until the following Wednesday when Albanzi was shamed by the Jewish community and members of the media, including myself, into visiting a Melbourne synagogue which he popped into on the way to a fundraiser. Meanwhile, at the same time, as Foreign Minister Petty Wong urged Israel to exercise restraint. Compare this to Donald Trump, Well, he was not president at all at the time. He wasn't even the Republican nominee when the October seventh attacks happened. But still he didn't miss He issued a blistering statement that said, among other things, that Israel quote has every right to defend itself with overwhelming force, and once an offs, Trump did everything he could do help Israel and combat anti Semitism at home in the US. When Kafia klad idiots occupied campuses and vandalized buildings and threatened Jewish students and American universities, Trump threatened to cut off the school's funding if they didn't deal with the problem. By contrast, Albanesi's labor government stood by universities in Australia as they were forced to set up safe rooms to hide Jewish students in twenty first century Australia, not nineteen thirty nine Berlin. Meanwhile, when it comes to foreign policy, the two administrations, the two governments could not be more different. Let's compare Albanesi and Trump when it comes to Israel and Palestine. Here's what Anthony Albanizi did.
Speaker 3: Australia will recognize the stite of Palestine. Australia will recognize the rode up the Palestinian people to a stite of their own, predic heide it on the commitments Australia has received from the Palestinian authority.
Speaker 2: That's right. Albanese made the decision to recognize Palestine. In an interview with my sky lead Sky News colleague sharing Markson that went to air Friday morning, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netna, who called out the predictably dangerous consequences.
Speaker 4: Do you think Australia the Albanesi government's premature recognition of a Palestinian state, it's anti Israel rhetoric, often criticizing Israel more than Hamas. Also, as you just said, refusal to act on hate chance. Did all of this fuel the anti Semitism that we've seen and indirectly lead to the attack in Bondai?
Speaker 5: Look, I think that after October seventh, governments that recognized and called for a Palestinian state basically rewarded Hamas and rewarded the savage murder of Jews. That's how it was interpreted in the Islamic the radical Islamic quarters. The message that was heard by this action was kill Jews, you'll get rewarded.
Speaker 2: And as for Trump, well, he went the other way and decided to bring peace and get the hostages home.
Speaker 6: And after so many years of unceasing war and endless danger, today the skies are calm, the guns are silent, the sirens are still, and the sun rises on a holy land that is finally at peace, a land and a region that will live God willing in peace for all eternity.
Speaker 2: And who can ever forget that remarkable trip that Donald Trump made to address the kanesseant in Israel. By the way, remember Penny Wong, who I mentioned before, when she went to Israel herself, guess what, she wouldn't even visit the kibbutzs in southern Israel that were shot up and burned to hell by hamas I did myself last year. And it was an eye opener. Oh and as far as last Sunday's terror attack in Sydney, Trump was right out there on the front foot.
Speaker 7: Likewise, in Australia, as you know, that was a terrible attack. Eleven dead, twenty nine badly wounded, and that was an anti Semitic attack, obviously, and I just want to pay my respects to everybody.
Speaker 2: And he called out the jew hatred in no uncertain terms.
Speaker 8: People of Australia and especially all those affected by the horrific and anti Semitic terrorist attack.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 8: Antisemitic that took place on a Hanka celebration in Sydney.
Speaker 2: What a terrible, terrible thing we don't learn.
Speaker 8: We joined in mourning all of those who were killed and were praying for the swift recovery of the wounded.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Alban Easy, well, he has been all but m i A assiduously avoiding the Jewish community after more than two years of growing anti semitism, marches, vandalism, arson and worse. He has avoided the funerals of victims and as far as I know, has not gone to see any of the Jews who were wounded in the attack in hospital. But he couldn't hide forever because he did get an earful not at a synagogue, but at an interfaith service at Sydney's Saint Mary's Cathedral. Quite the compare and contrast, Albanizi won reelection at last year's Australian federal election by playing on fears of Trump and painting himself as the guy who would stand up to the terrible Orange Man. Well, when it comes to the Middle East, to Israel and to keeping anti Semitism from spiraling out of control, it's hard to say who would take Albanese's approach over Trump's. Now, this is our last show for twenty twenty five. Don't worry, We're coming back big in the new year. So I thought we should have a quick look back at the last year, year one, term two of the Donald Trump presidency. And I mean there is a lot to look back on, a lot we may have even forgotten. Remember Trump coming in hot into the White House promising a new golden age.
Speaker 9: The golden Age of America begins right now. From this day forward, our country will flourish and be respected again all over the world. We will be the envy of every nation, and we will not allow ourselves to be taken advantage of any longer.
Speaker 2: And who else remembers what a big star Trump got off to issuing directives and orders and sometimes holding stadium rallies to sign executive orders in front of cheering crowds, even getting up to toss ceremonial signing pens into the audience. Right away, Donald Trump set about fixing the border mess that was a big success, and cleaning up government with Elon Musk, which turned into a slightly bizarre partnership that produced mixed results but also exposed the utter corruption of the Washington Aid establishment. Now there were, of course the Liberation Day tariffs that confused much of the world, but which did not bring about ruin or depression, and which actually do seem to be bringing manufacturing back to America. More than that, Trump exposed the green energy scam for what it was, hit the brakes on the force transition to electric cars, and yes, restored an American confidence that had taken a terrible battering under Biden. And in the last twenty four hours, Donald Trump gave a speech reeling off some of his achievements. It was a sometimes combative address, selling the last year's achievements.
Speaker 10: Soon, we will host the World Cup and the Olympics, both of which I got. But most importantly, we will celebrate the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. There could be no more fitting tribute this epic milestone than to complete the comeback of America that began.
Speaker 2: Just one year ago.
Speaker 10: When the world looks at us next year, let them see a nation that is loyal to its citizens, faithful to its work, is confident to its identity, certain to its destiny, and the envy of the entire globe.
Speaker 2: Trump also had a bit to say on the economy.
Speaker 10: Have a look the night after eleven months, our border is secure, inflation has stopped, wages are up, prices are down. Our nation is strong, America is respected, and our country is back stronger than ever before. We're poised for an economic boom the likes of which the world has never seen.
Speaker 2: And at least as far as inflation is concerned, that's not bluster. Even CNN has conceded that inflation is coming down.
Speaker 11: You can see the annual rate of inflation down a little bit. In November. It was at three percent the last time we got a reading. Now it is ticked down, cooling slightly to two point seven percent.
Speaker 2: Indeed, this Harvard professor was shocked, though he had some trouble just be careful here containing his excitement.
Speaker 12: I mean, I was surprised there was a better number than anyone was expecting. Look, inflation has been very high. It stayed high, it has not been coming down. But you know, people were expecting it to be above three percent. It was well below three percent. I mean, I think the President will take this as good news.
Speaker 2: Could you believe his excitement? But this Wisconsin driver, well he was a good deal more abiliate about petrol prices. I snuck on me a little bit.
Speaker 13: I didn't recognize, and then when I did, I was like, oh wow, the gas quastions are going down.
Speaker 14: I can't say I remember being this low.
Speaker 2: There were a huge number of other announcements in the speech, including what Trump says are going to be massive tax cuts coming for middle class Americans next year, and American soldiers are getting well, let me let him tell you.
Speaker 10: Because of tariffs. Along with the just passed one big beautiful bill tonight, I am also proud to announce that more than one thousand, four hundred fifty thousand, think of this, one million, four hundred and fifty thousand military service members will receive a special we call Warrior Dividend before Christmas so Warrior Dividend in honor of our nations founding in seventeen seventy six, we are sending every soldier one thousand, seven hundred and seventy six dollars.
Speaker 2: Seventeen seventy six. Get it. Meanwhile, while Trump's approval is net negative by nine points according to the Real Clear Politics Average polls, the Democrats, for their part, well, they're in the toilet, and let's check it again on CNN to see what they're saying, because yeah, you know, we got to go to all this, right.
Speaker 15: How are voters feeling about Democrats right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I mean Democrats and the minds of the American public are lower than the dead sea. What are we talking about here, Well, let's take a look the net approval rating for Democrats in Congress. You said to Kate Balwin, the lowest ever look at us overall, they are fifty five points underwater. They're approval rating at south of twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Lower than the dead sea. You gotta love that guy. But hey, it's not bad for Republicans. But next year there is going to be a massive hill to climb for the GOP to hold onto Congress. My prediction is this. The Democrats are going to throw everything they've got at Trump. Law, fair impeachment, government shutdowns, you name it, anything to distract from the left's own messaging, which time and again is a loser with the American people. Well, joining me now is former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor of Bondi Partners, Mulvany Mitck. Thanks so much for coming on the program, Welcome to the US support, and a very merry Christmas to you. It's kind of start out though this week talking about a little bit of grim news. Of course, I just spoke in my editorial length about the difference in the approaches between Donald Trump and our own Prime Minister here, Anthony Albanizi, on the issue of Israel and anti Semitism and so on. We've just had this horrific shooting in Bondai this past week, but also a couple of very disturbing anti Semitic attacks in New York and California, where somebody was stabbed in New York, a house with Hanika decorations was shot up in Los Angeles. I'd love to ask you about this. I wish I didn't have to, but with this rise in anti Semitism. Can you talk about the difference between how Trump approaches these things and maybe what you know about how we do things in Australia and whether or not that Trump approach is a stronger, better way to deal with things, and especially to make sure that the Jews of America don't feel like they're being left out on their own, as so many of them feel right now in Australia.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's a really good question, James, and is how I approach the answer. The one thing about Donald Trump is he's not afraid to just talk about stuff. He's not He's not going to hide behind issues. He's not going to hide behind political correctness. If he believes that there's an anti semitism problem in the United States, he's going to talk about He's going to say that and say and we're going to have to fix it. It's in stark contrast what we're seeing out of the alban Easy government since the since the shooting on Bandai Beach, where you know, effectively what we're hearing over here at least is that the Australian government is taking the position that the gun control laws are really the problem, and that's really not an anti Semitism thing. So it's just that that's one of the big differences here. Say what you want to about Donald Trump, and I've heard all the criticisms, but he's not afraid to to sort of be black and white when when issues are black and white, anti Semitism is real and it's wrong. It'd be nice if more leaders around the world would be as definitive and speak with such moral clarity.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, Mick, that it's very correct too. It's the gun control, that's what they're trying to do. Fake it all out as that make that the big number one issue. But moving back to more sort of just American American politics too. We've just finishing up a year of the Trump two point zero presidency. You know, I spoke at length about this before. I would love though, and also the big speech he gave just you know, stem Winder at the end of the year here, but I love you to give it to a straight as somebody used to work for Trump. How do you think Donald Trump has done this past year? Better than you expected? Worse? And what do you reckon some of the challenges are coming up four and twenty twenty six.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's been a real good year. I don't think it's been as good a year as they think it has been. Trump got asked the other day how the economy is doing, and he said it was a plus plus plus plus plus, it was five pluses. That's just Donald Trump being Donald Trump. But it's not accurate. They've had a good year. The economy is in decent shape, but there are issues to deal with. The affordability crisis is real. Inflation, while it's down again today, is still well above the two percent target. So things are trending in the right direction. But Trump is you know, the Trump team is running around like they've already won the game. And that's a real dangerous sort of attitude to have going into twenty twenty six, because they have some real severe headwinds just institutionally going into the midterms next November. Keep in mind that usually the party in power in the White House loses seats in the first off by election, So that's what they're facing it and they're going to have to do better in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 7: Or else.
Speaker 17: They do stand the chance of significant losses next November.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that means they've really only got nine or ten months to get that agenda out there and bedded down next year. But Rick also another topic this week, and I was so glad you were coming on this week because you're a former chief of staff and the current chief of staff to Donald Trump. Susie Wiles, she's just done this wild interview with Andy Fair. Now, you were the chiefs staff at the end of the forty five presidency. What did you make of this interview where Wiles said Trump had the personality of an alcoholic called JD. Van's a conspiracy theorist talked about all sorts of other issues like deportation. Did she think she was going to get a fair hearing or was there some forty chess involved in her doing this series of interviews.
Speaker 17: I still think we're going to hear a lot about this story before it's over, and it's gotten a lot of international attention. You can imagine people calling me in the last couple of days wanting to talk about it. Here's a couple of different insights on it. Number One, it's not really making news to say that Donald Trump has an alcoholic personality. He uses that same language about himself, just in private, not in public.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 17: Vance Will will laugh and call himself a conspiracy theorist. So when Susie said those things to the reporter, it's highly likely that he simply took them out of context. I could say five or six really nice things about you and at the end and go, yeah, but you know, sometimes he's hard to deal with, and if that's the only thing they print, it makes it look like it's much worse than it is. All of that being said, I still don't understand why the interview took place at all.
Speaker 2: Plains it.
Speaker 17: Arrogance would explain it, but she's not an arrogant person. Naivete would explain it, but she's not a naive person. The only thing that I can come back with, James is that I think the President probably wanted her to do it. Chris Whipple, the reporter, is famous for writing books about chiefs of staff, and Susie Wiles is the first female chief chief of staff, and my guess is Trump probably encouraged her to talk about this as a way to sort of lay the foundation for her historic role in the federal government. I'm not sure it was a great idea, but it's certainly not the end of the world. It's not going to cost her her job. The media is blowing it way out of proportion. My guess is it'll be gone by the time this time next week.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe you, Vick so cynical saying that the media is blowing something out of proportion about the Trump Whitehouse paris the thought and rue of the day. Hey, we can't talking every week when we get together about Venezuela. And this week there was a further escalation year, a blockade of all sanctioned oil tankers entering and exiting Venezuela. This follows, of course, the caizeuar of that oil tanker, a bunch of hits on those drug boats. When is this going to come to some sort of head one way or the other, Because I feel like we're in this kind of phony war at the moment, but where it goes next still feels very odd. Can you give us any insight as to the potential strategy here, because I think a lot of people are waiting for this to actually either turn into something or just go away.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you and I are start on the same page. I don't think it's going away. One of the things that Susie wils did see in the interview, by the way, was that the plan was to continue to bomb the drug boats until Maduro just said uncle, and I guess that means leave office. I think that's how it's being interpreted. I think now that Trump is in, he can't just leave. He has to do something. I don't know how he claims victory and pulls all the military out. I think it's being reported now is the largest naval armada in history in the Caribbean. You don't bring that kind of firepower down there and not use it. So something has to give. If it's really regime change, then they're going to have to stay down there until they get their regime change. But I have no idea what the administration is doing. The same circumstances that exist today existed when I was the chief of staff, and we never would have contemplated military action Venezuela because Trump never would have wanted it. So if you're confused about it about this, don't feel bad because a lot of people, including his former chief of staff, are as well.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, and you know, personally, just sitting down here in Australia, I'd rather see some of those ships in the Pacific. But hey, I've no, Admiral Nimitz. Another story which caught my eye just before we went to air here, and just to go back to this whole question of what's going to happen next year, the Democrats now say that they are going to run candidates at every state and congressional seat in the state of Texas. Now. I think this is very interesting strategy here because it suggests to me that they feel a confident but be that they are looking to do something where they force the Republicans to stretch and resources and tie up manpower in dollars across this entire huge state. Does this suggest that there's a confidence among the Democrats despite the Democrats polling, as I mentioned at the start of the show, really appallingly and far worse than Donald Trump as a party.
Speaker 17: Look, the Democrats been looking at Texas now for twenty years as a prize they think they can get, and they don't get close. They've got a really, really weak candidate for the Senate race, a House member who is polling extraordinarily poorly. She's going to win the Democrat primary because she's a progressive leftist, but she's going to get waxed in the Senate race. So, look, it's the smart thing to do. If I'm running the Democrat Party, I'm going to try and get candidates in all the races. That just the smart thing to do. Make people spend money. But just because you put a name on a ballot doesn't mean you're viable. So I'll worry about this more when I see the quality of the can that it's ceasemearly polling. Do I think there'll be some tail winds behind Democrat candidates in twenty twenty six in the midterms, Yes, I do. In fact, with the election work today that Republicans would lose control of the House, I think almost for sure. But there's a long way between that set of circumstances and the Democrats being really, really viable in one of the reddest states in the nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, look, that's fair enough, Mick Hey. Also, just finally, before I elect you go, really interesting story here that Ford is moving to basically acts electric vehicle production, shifting resources back to petrol gasoline powered cars. How much of this here is due to the Trump administration's policies around changing fuel standards and not forcing people into evs And does this suggest then that the US auto market is making market is going to start to be able to once again fight back against all of those very heavily subsidized Chinese evs, which we are seeing flooding America and well not America now but also Australia.
Speaker 17: I think you're letting the Trump You're seeing the Trump team do what a good conservative Republican would want them to do, which is to get out of the business of manipulating the markets. If Americans want electric vehicles, American companies and foreign companies are going to make them. What we had was a giant perversion or distortion of the market over the course of the last ten years, with the government essentially used tax policy to social engineers said look, we know you don't really want an electric car, but here we're going to make you buy them by changing the rules that makes it harder and more expensive to have but petrol cars gas powered cars, and then give the subsidies for the EV's like Eve's makes sense. I own one of them on an island that's only three miles long down in Florida. That makes sense there. If you live in Montana, they make zero sense at all. So I'm glad to see the Trump administration getting back to some free market forces here. I wish they would do it in other places as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to see Australia take a page out of that book when it comes to evs versus petrol cars as well. But you know, you live and learn anyway. Mick Malvannie, thanks so much for joining me at a very merry Christmas to you and all the Malvenny's.
Speaker 17: To you as well, James, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Thanks Nick. Now stick around because after the break, Joe Kanca is here to talk about the latest FBI follies. But remember those dividends the president was going to pay the soldiers I talked about a moment ago, seventeen hundred and seventy six American dollars apiece. Well, apparently well off lefty commentators are dissing the move because, well, according to them, what could you buy for seventeen hundred.
Speaker 18: Dollars and he can promote seventeen seventy six costs all he want and giving out a check that worked for him the first time, seventeen seventy six. That's less than a rent check in DC. I don't even know what the impact of that is going.
Speaker 2: To be, less than a rent check in DC. How out of touch can you be? You know what? I think that lady is just miserable because she lives in DC. Stick around Joe Kancha after the break and discuss Dan bon Gino stepping down from the FBI in a tick. Welcome back to the program, and I'm thrilled now to be joined by I'm a good friend Fox News contributor Joe Koncha. Joe, welcome to the program. Thanks so much for joining me, and a very merry Christmas to you and the Concha clan. I want to ask you, first of all about this story about Dan Bongino. He has resigned from his role in the FBI. At the FBI after just nine months, seems a bit odd looking at it from the outside. What can you tell us?
Speaker 19: Well, I've known Dan for years, having worked with him at Fox. He's a guy who's very principal, a man of his word, and he probably just saw something internally. And I can't unfortunately break any news for you here at this point, James, or really give you anything to go with tangibly. But I think in the end he was frustrated, probably with the bureaucracy as far as the government in general, the FBI in general, and said, you know what, I'm not here to do what I thought I could do. I'll go back to podcasting, thank you very much, and try to make an influence there. But I mean, if he left, it was probably for a very good reason.
Speaker 2: Well I'll tell you what, Joe, he wouldn't be the first person to leave the private sector, find government work isn't for him and decide to take a walk. But I want to talk also about some of the stuff that happened in this crazy year, because it has been an absolutely nuts twenty twenty five. I was looking back over everything that happened. You wrote a great piece though, for the Washington Examiner. I urged everybody to check this out, where you outlined some of the most uncovered and misreported stories, basically big lies that got pushed out there this year. He named the slaughter of Nigerian Christians and dogs, decline of gas prices, and I RAN's nuclear capability as just a few of these tell us about how we have been gas lit by so much of the media and the narrative this year. As we start to look at all of these twenty twenty five retrospectives.
Speaker 19: Oh well, well thanks for the kind words. Yeah, look, there's gaslighting and then there's no even putting any gas or any light on the story. And that was the point of my column, where five stories that absolutely should have been covered a heck of a lot more were not intentionally not because we missed it, like we missed Biden's cognitive decline, whe he's shaking hands with the air and having conversations with world leaders who have been dead for literally decades, or forgetting the name of his cabinet members. You know, this was something where, for instance, in Nigeria, I would think that there would be more coverage of a situation where up to one hundred thousand Christians have been slaughtered since twenty twenty nine, so two thousand and nine seventy five hundred this year alone. That's an average of thirty five Nigerian Christians per day of being murdered, executed in essence, and the world barely hears about it until Donald Trump talks about it. So that was one big story. Gas prices here in the United States are at a five year low. I mean, that is something that is pretty remarkable considering that Trump comes in drill, baby drill, and suddenly prices go down. Go figure, that's how these things work. And I could go down the line as far as other stories, including the US taking out Iran's nuclear capabilities at four dah in that country, flying that mission, not losing one US life, as far as carrying it out, and now Iran can't threaten the West, blackmail the West in that capacity. And then obviously the US southern border being closed by Donald Trump without one piece of legislation, just by rhetoric and a new president being in we went from twelve to fifteen million coming into this country to essentially zero. I think that's the story of the year and possibly the decade, James.
Speaker 2: And maybe the lesson from all of that is, hey, you know what, you can just do things now. On an unhappier note, though, I want to talk Joe about this story I have been following myself the last week. This shooting at the Brown University campus in Providence, Rhode Island. It's a crazy story because the shooter is still on the run. Apparently they've issued a warrant for somebody's arrest, but they haven't given us the name. There were cameras on campus, but they were disabled because they didn't want ice ages to use them. This all seems very suspicious, especially when you consider that one of the victims was a rising star head of the College Republicans. What can you tell us about this very strange case.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, I was on the air for seven hours on Fox News when this broke over the weekend, co hosting what's called the Big Weekend Show, and I just kept thinking over and over again that, oh man, the fact that this could be a shooter in a mask. And then there are eight hundred cameras at Brown University, apparently not many in this part of the building where he carried out this shooting, where he appeared to be targeting somebody, because again, on a Saturday, at four o'clock in the afternoon, the last thing you expect is that there is a review session for a final exam going on in one of the buildings. Saturday is usually a day where either you're a student, you're studying your dorm, a library, or doing other you know, fun things. So the fact that the shooter knew this went to that building somehow got access because you've got to swipe your way in, so may have had some help in capacity and then in the cover.
Speaker 16: Of night was able to get away.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they appear to have found somebody now. But again it's the non transparency that's really a big issue here. This appears to be so political now at this point in terms of protecting the identity of the shooter and not talking about the fact that a girl who was the head of the Republican club at Brown was gunned down as one of the two victims that died. This appears to be targeted, and it appears to be that person that was the target.
Speaker 2: And it's just appalling to me that the authorities have just been, you know, running so much cover on this. It's just bizarre. And I hope that they catch this guy and we find out more about this soon. Hey, now we got to look forward into the new year twenty five. It has been reported, and I don't see the reason not to think so there's gonna be another government shutdown as early as next month due to the ongoing stalemate over this time health insurance subsidies. Tell me, are we likely to see another the US government shutdown in January? And more to the point, is this part of a calculating strategy buy the Democrats to throw as many roadblocks and logs across the tracks and everything else for Trump to make him and the Republicans look bad and chaotic before the midterms.
Speaker 19: James, I'll answer your second question first. Yes, obviously Democrats don't care about the people that they are supposed to represent, whether that be military members not getting paid, federal workers not being paid, snap benefits not being given out to those who need it most, as far as will they eat tonight or will they not? So they figured it worked for them, I guess during the last government shutdown, this will be part of the strategy once again. And the irony is that Republicans will vote to reopen the government over and over again, Democrats will reject it, and then the media will say that it's actually Republicans that are at fault. So Democrats know in the United States that the media will work with them hand in glove as far as pushing a narrative that is absolutely false, and it's all in an effort to get back power in November twenty twenty six during those midterms, and if you could try to sideline the Trump economy, and it's going to explode next year with the big beautiful bill coming into play, Trump tax cuts being permanent, no tax on tips. More drill, baby drill. The only way they could win is by basically trying to trip up the government and its progress and to root against Trump and to root against America's success. That's how Democrats get back into power. And that's the party that says they're protecting democracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: No, not based on their actions, that does not appear to be the case.
Speaker 5: James.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not democracy, it's our democracy. You remember that show. That's what they always talk about. But do you think they might even go so far as to trying to launch another impeachment effort against the president next year?
Speaker 19: Yes, if they gain back power and we have House Speaker Jakim Jeffries, it will be impeachment and perpetuity for Donald Trump during his final two years in office. That creates chaos. Chaos is a ladder, and then they hope they could use that ladder to get either Kamala Harris, who's now the pole leader as far as getting the Democratic nomination, getting her into power finally, or Gavin Newsom or even AOC. Yeah, that's the thing. Create chaos and then hope that within that chaos, you can gain back power instead again doing what's right for the country, and that doesn't appear to be the Democrats playbook right.
Speaker 2: Now, doesn't look to have been that for quite a long time. Joe Koshah, thanks so much as always for joining me at the US support and have a great Christmas in New Year. Merry Christmas happening here, sir.
Speaker 19: We'll see in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Hey, is it time for a break already? That's okay. We'll be doing the jingle bell rock with Alex style when we come back. But first. There's been a lot of controversy over the Trump administration's plan to make America healthy again by making it so you can't buy junk food with food stamps. Amazingly, not everyone thinks this is a great idea. Check out this, lady.
Speaker 5: It's not even cool, Like, why do I do this?
Speaker 18: What's the point of foot stamps if it's just for real food.
Speaker 20: Hannimore believes she and other Snap recipients should be able to go into the grocery store and buy whatever they like, Doda candy, prepackaged se It's prepared desserts, and juice with less than half of natural fruit or vegetable juice in it will not be allowed to be purchased on snap carts.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Trump is doing. I don't know what's going on. Yeah, I don't think she does. But that Trump, I guess, is such a meeting. He's not even letting them eat cake stick around. Alex Stein will join us to discuss more revelations about the Biden administration's war on Trump after the break Well. Joining me now is a great friend of the program and comedian Alex Stein. Alex, thanks so much for joining me on the US Report. A very merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you and everybody. Are you in Texas today?
Speaker 21: I am in Texas. It's a beautiful winter. It's not too cold, but it's very nice. No, no snow. We don't really get a lot of snow here, but the weather is. It's beautiful because at least I'm not burning up in the Texas sun right now, So I love it.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Hey, there's so much news to talk about this week, and it was fascinated by this little story in the New York Post that found that back in twenty twenty two, it turned out that the Biden White House was coordinating with the Department of Justice over that raid on mar A Lago. Now I find this absolutely fascinating because I also just played a little while ago a clip of Kamala Harris saying, oh, no, no, no, there was no coordination between the White House and the Department of Justice when it came to the Epstein files, and that's why we didn't release them. Feels to me like they're being caught out as being actually a very politicized Justice Department, as we suspected.
Speaker 21: Yes, James, this is where I'm a little worried we have them dead to rights that basically this whole entire rate of mar Lago is just a dog and pony show, and now we have evidence. We even have left this congressman and senator saying that this search was not official, unauthorized and using all the typical dictionary words that we know. We hear these politicians say these, you know, big words. But I want to see somebody go to jail. I want to see somebody arrested in handcuffed for doing an illegal rate on our president. Like I'm happy that they tell us all this after the fact, but I want to see I don't want to see anybody get hurt, but I want to see some people go down for their crimes against America.
Speaker 2: Well where is all that up to? Because I mean, you know, every time the Trump administration starts to push back against the people who did all these sorts of things, you know, the press starts screaming, oh, you know, it's retribution against his enemies. There's a bunch of other sort of cases on foot around this, but I haven't actually seen any kind of results on any of them. And tells me that if the Democrats get back into power at some point, they're just gonna do the same thing again.
Speaker 14: And for Donald Trump.
Speaker 21: One thing of Donald Trump, I think this is probably one of his few weaknesses, is that even though Donald Trump is a conservative is right landing, Donald Trump wants to be liked by everybody.
Speaker 14: He wants to be liked by the left.
Speaker 21: So I think that's why sometimes he actually, you know, he lays off the gas, he pumps the brakes, when he has the metaphorical kill shot, or he has you know, the nuclear weapon that could end all of this, he doesn't drop it because he likes to have mercy on his opponent. So I think that makes him admirable, but sometimes, you know, I want to see a guy get in there and really kind of destroy the enemy that is trying to attack us every single day.
Speaker 14: Metaphorically.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, Absolutely, go in there and salt the earth. But what are you going to do? We get what we get. Hey, also about this, there's another story here. A crazy lefty has gone viral after a tirade against a Target employee or targe, as I like to say, simply for wearing one of those Charlie Kirk freedom pie shirts. Let's have a little bit of a look at this.
Speaker 18: Stupid No, why the do you wear that?
Speaker 12: You're at work at Target.
Speaker 20: That's not a Target shirt, it's not a plain red shirt.
Speaker 12: You support a racist.
Speaker 18: The opinion is he's the facist and you support him.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're a pinion and you shouldn't a You should not be allowed to wear that.
Speaker 1: This is going to be taken above your That's insane, Alex.
Speaker 2: It amazes me how much the word freedom can trigger people.
Speaker 14: Or just Charlie in general.
Speaker 21: You know, I'm in Texas right now, but I'll be going to Amfest this weekend where we'll be celebrating you know, turning point and obviously celebrating Charlie's life.
Speaker 14: But when you see these people.
Speaker 21: That actually get pleasure out of making an elderly woman that's working at Target trying to pay her bills and she likes to represent America.
Speaker 14: She loved Charlie.
Speaker 21: It gave her joy, just like that girl probably likes Taylor Swift or you know, this person likes Bad Bunny. I don't like their politics, but I don't dislike somebody because they like them, And so that's what these people do. It's like she literally attacks an innocent elderly woman because this woman likes Charlie Kirk. But these people are disgusting and they make you pass these fake purity tests and if you fail them by liking Charlie Kirk, they will go and post you online and try to embarrass you.
Speaker 14: But it always works. The good guys always win in the end.
Speaker 21: Because now the Target employee has one hundred and fifty thousand dollars gifts and go, I right check. So she's gonna be able to go on a great vacation. So it all worked out of the end thankfully in this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well look that's good. But I love these people who accuse the right of spreading division of sprading division themselves. But hey, let's also have a go over to New York City, of my old hometown, where Mayor elect zorad Mam Donnie seems to have some interesting explanations for his policy where he wants to introduce free.
Speaker 1: Bus rides across the city. Have a look, he made five bus routes free in New York City. When we made those bus routes free, after a year, assaults on bus drivers dropped by thirty eight point nine percent on the bus driver the bus drivers because unlike the train, the act of fare collection on the bus happens on the bus, and bus drivers and unions have shared anecdotally that about fifty percent of assaults happen around the fair box. So when you eliminate the farebox, you make for a safer experience for the bus driver for everyone on the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alex cleared this up for me. Did he just say that the great thing under his policy will be that when you take the bus in New York City, you are much more likely now to be sitting next to somebody who is so violent and unhinged in deranged that they would punch a bus driver over the fair.
Speaker 14: Yeah. No, seriously, his math wasn't that great.
Speaker 21: So he said if they give free bus fare, that the bus drivers only have a thirty nine percent chance of getting assaulted.
Speaker 14: She'l tell me even if they pay, they have a sixty percent chance. I don't understand this math.
Speaker 21: It seems like these bus drivers are going to get assaulted either way, whether the bus is free or not, because it looks like the break is a fifty to fifty. So all I'm saying is New York City is America's greatest city. I think Mom Donnie is probably going to, you know, obviously make the city worse. But I do not think that he can actually break a city like New York because New York's bigger than me. It's bigger than you, bigger than Mom Donnie. So he's definitely gonna make it worse for New York. Just like the earth, as much as we damage it, it'll come back bigger and stronger.
Speaker 14: I truly believe you know.
Speaker 2: That's been my experience with New York my entire life, Alex. But finally, before I let you go to maybe head up to grape Vine and look at all the Christmas decorations there. I want to get your reaction to this. Democrat Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who was asked what the biggest threat was to America, Islamophobia or Trump, have a look at this.
Speaker 15: I think we have to focus, quite frankly, on if we're worried about the threats of American values, on the person who's in the White House.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have a come on, really, we're going come on.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm going there because we have a president who has completely undermined our democracy, who has has So you don't.
Speaker 1: See is you don't see jiha, you don't see is it a problem?
Speaker 15: What I don't see is it as a single lens problem.
Speaker 2: So Jihad or Trump, She'll go with jihab, Is that right?
Speaker 21: I mean, absolutely ridiculous in Islamophobia. Obviously, you guys had a terrible attack of Bondie Beach. You know, those are two people that father and son went and killed a bunch of Vinis at people celebrating Hanukkah. And here in America, you know, I'm in Dallas, Texas, and Plano, a suburb of Dallas, has one of the biggest Muslim communities in America. Building right in my backyard. So there is an Islamification of America. We do have freedom of religion, but we don't have freedom of other countries coming in here and taking over cities like the Somalians are doing.
Speaker 14: So I'll just tell you this, a lot of Islamic people.
Speaker 21: Are great, a lot of them are nonviolent, but when it comes to threatening America's values or our way of life, you're much more likely to be affected by a Islamic terrorist and you are Donald Trump. And she's just being she's just being naive, or she's just trying to do that to actually just she's lying, that's what she's doing. She knows that Donald Trump is not a bigger threat than is the Islamification of America.
Speaker 14: So she's just plowing blank lying about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's right, Alex, And I reckon that she's going for a headline. But yes, thank you for conn words about the alleged attackers there on Bontai Beach last Sunday. It was a terrible event. But thank you so much, Alex for your time, and we'll see you in the new year. Can it be that time already only in America is coming up? After the break But first, I know, if you were like me, you're wondering what side dishes you're gonna serve at your big holiday feast. Well, here's an idea. A Kamala word salad is always a great palate cleanser. Here the would have been president is explaining why if the Epstein files were so bad for Trump, the Biden administration never released them, why didn't they come out during your administration?
Speaker 13: To give you an answer that will not satisfy your curiosity, I will tell you we perhaps to our damage, but we strongly and rightly believed that there should be an absolute separation between what we wanted as an administration in what the Department of Justice did. We absolutely adhere to that, and it was right to do that. The Justice Department would make its decisions independent of any political or personal vendetta or concern that we may have, and that's the way it worked.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what, I'm just laughing at the idea of the Biden White House being at arm's length through the Justice Department. Hilarious. Now stick around, because Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment. We like to call only in America. Well, let's see out the year with a little fun spot about our favorite chat show. You know what I'm talking about. It's The View, and it seems like we're not the only fans of the program. It is also a hit with whoever is writing the popular TV drama The Landman, which is all about the West Texas oil game. Have a look at this.
Speaker 5: What do you need? I don't know what to do?
Speaker 16: Whatever you want to read a book?
Speaker 2: Talk shows?
Speaker 21: You don't like The View or something?
Speaker 5: What's the View?
Speaker 14: A bunch of pissed.
Speaker 10: Off millionaires about how much they hate millionaires and Trump and Man and you and.
Speaker 5: Me and everybody else. They got to be up their ass about.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny, will sound funny? I ain't joke fin It's like a part in charge by you know.
Speaker 18: What I mean?
Speaker 5: That don't sound funny either. It depends on your proximity to the fart.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's even as funny as that. But love to see everybody having fun with that show. And hey, that's all from me for this week and this year. But don't worry. The US Report will be back in January for what is going to be a massive one in US politics. Until then, a huge thank you to my producer Tom and the whole Sky News team, and we wish you a merry Christmas, a happy New Year, and for our Jewish friends is Hanukkah. Remember light always wins out over darkness. Bye bye,