Speaker 1: This is the US Report with jenmes Moros.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Coming up tonight, Sanctuary City, is birthright citizenship? Doze all the action from the last week of jumb two point zero plus. Donald Trump welcomes young female athletes to the White House and doesn't sniff anyone's hair. And why are these protectors against deportations waving Mexican flags when they want to stay in America. We'll find out, but first I tell you what. It just does not stop with this guy. Deportations, trade wars, doze women's sports the Middle East. The velocity of the return to Donald Trump presidency is something to behold. It's like he's managed to turn a diet of big Max in three hours sleep into a juggernaut of change for the United States and a world that badly, frankly needs it. Now, let's take a look at what's been going on for the past few days, shall we. Right now, the world is obsessing over Donald Trump's mooted and now slightly walked back takeover of the Gaza Strip. Hey, by the way, if he pulls that off, what should we call it? Magaza? Maybe Gaza Lago? The possibilities are endless. But hey, seriously, while that takes center stage, there's something else, And frankly, I think something much bigger going on, namely a shutdown of and a deep dive into the activities of a little multi billion dollar operation known as the US Agency for International Development or USAID. Now, in the past week, Elon Muskin, perhaps the most dynamic team of liberty loving unelected young men since the founding fathers, have been charging through the government's databases on this following through, and I'm going to explain at a moment why this is so important. Following through on a promise Donald Trump made during the campaign fourth.
Speaker 3: At the suggestion of Elon Musk, who has given me his complete and total endorsement.
Speaker 4: That's nice, smart guy. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's doing, very much appreciated. I will create a Government Efficiency Commission, task with conducting a complete financial and performance audit of the entire federal government and making recommendations for drastic reforms.
Speaker 5: Need to do.
Speaker 3: It can't go on the way we are now.
Speaker 2: I can't continue on the way they're doing it. He was right then, and perhaps he did not know at the time quite how right. He would turn out to be because since the Musk team, the Doze team for Department of Government Efficiency started going through the books, well you would not believe the ways that US taxpayer money is being torched. First though, listen to this worker at USAID offices describe what happened when Doje came in.
Speaker 4: Dog was in the building.
Speaker 6: We started. We took down our pride flags.
Speaker 7: We took down I took out any books I thought would be incriminating.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they took down their pride flags. This is this woman for real? And what books was she hiding? The Communist manifesto? Anyway, here's a tiny example, but it gives you a flavor of the sort of quote unquote AID that has gone through the offices of USAID and many other departments. The US State Department via USA decided that a great use of taxpayer funds would be get this a drag workshop in Ecuador.
Speaker 8: And Manisina.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, work it somehow though. That costs twenty five thousand US dollars in a country where the average income is a little over thirteen hundred dollars a month. That's a lot of grift. Oh sorry, I mean glitter. Now charities and churches were big recipients too, which may explain why there are so many left wing lectures coming out of the pulpit these days. Remember that episcopal bishopess who lectured the president after the inauguration about migrants. Turns out her church has a quote unquote charity arm that is devoted to bringing in migrants, and they've trousered fifty three million dollars from the government. And it turns out, in fact that the US government has been paying a whole network of church run NGOs to bring in to help bring in the millions of migrants that flooded across the border under Joe Biden. And it is hard to find a left wing effort of the past four years in fact, that hasn't been astroturfed with usaid or rather taxpayer money, like, for example, the US government, through Anthony Fauci, of course, funded coronavirus research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. This was even before the Biden administration, and that is now thought to be the source of the COVID pandemic. I guess now it makes sense why the government was so keen to label Lablik's misinformation Vigilant citizen researchers, meanwhile, have been pouring through open databases and finding that news outlets like Politico, the Associated Press, Reuters, and The New York Times have all been in on the grift in one way or another. USA money has been discovered going to left wing opposition groups in countries like Hungary and supporting various efforts to quote unquote strengthen democracy, which we all know is code for dumping money into countries to make sure populists who run against globalist, open borders type governments don't win. Investigative journalist Mike Schellenberger broke down just how sinister this is a couple of nights ago on Fox.
Speaker 9: Nonetheless, this memo that he wrote relied heavily on a report done by an organization funded by USAID. In fact, it's initial founding funding. I mean now it's tens of millions of dollars had gone into this group called the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project, a name that's not very memorable OCCRP, but it was basically created as an extension of the State Department and then of USAID. And as you know, Jessin, this is very serious to be involved in an effort to do regime change at home. As we've been discovering, as the files have come out with the what Elon Musk has been doing, we know that USAID was really about regime change abroad. It was a kind of public facing part, you know, regime change operation like CIA, but not covert or overt. Well, now you see a similar blowback. Just like they did censorship abroad and brought sensorship tools back home. They were doing this sort of thing abroad, creating a predicate essentially for Trump's impeachment.
Speaker 2: And while there was it has to be said, plenty of stuff in the USA budget that would look like real charity work, you know, digging wells, handing out mosquito, and that's that sort of thing. What has been discovered is incredibly damning. Billions tens of billions of dollars in taxpayers money have been scooped off into a huge slush fund designed to pour money into the pockets of left wing causes, undermine the will of the people at home and abroad, create the appearance of false consensus for progressive politics, and even in some cases has been used to attempt to change governments even in the United States, Now, of course the left has lost their mind about this. They're organizing protests saying Doge is undemocratic and not what the people voted for. Well, I'm sorry, guys, but cutting unelected bureaucrats wasting money is not, as you would say, fascism. It is just the opposite. And more to the point, as I said at the top of this piece, it is exactly what the American people voted for.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Joining me now as he does each week from Washington, d C is former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor at Bondai Partners by good friend Mick mulvaney. Mick, thanks for coming on the US Report this week. Now, before we get into the other top news of the story, some breaking news in the last few hours that the confirmation vote on cashent Hell has been delayed by a week. What's going on? Is this procedural? Is this part of a bigger Democrat pushback at the Trump efforts? Break it down for US Bick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it looks like it is procedural. It looks like it is just part of the larger Democrat effort to delay. The Democrats are really upset about Elon Musk and Doje Actually, I'm not sure how upset they really are. They have really good polling that says Elon Musk is unpopular, so they're trying to draw as much attention to him as they possibly can. As I sit here and talk to you right now, we're going through the final votes on RUSS vote for the O and B director. We expect him to be confirmed by tomorrow, but you can expect this delay now for just about everybody going forward. Importantly, James, the Democrats cannot stop any of the negotiations. They can just stretch them out to where you can only do one every thirty hours.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, And so with Cash Ptel, what's your call, is he still going to get over the line once that vote finally comes to the floor.
Speaker 4: I think he did.
Speaker 10: Cash had a really really good series of hearings, comported himself very very well, was very sharp on the topics, and I think made a lot of converts.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't know Cash that well.
Speaker 10: I was a little bit of a critic when him go with him going into it because of some of the conspiracy theories, but the guy put on just a tremendous show. James, during the confirmation hearings, he's clearly sharp, clearly has his head around the issues here, and he'll make a really good FBI director.
Speaker 4: I think so. I think a lot of Republicans see it that way.
Speaker 10: He should sail that then gets us downe to Toolsy Gabbert at RFK, which are a little bit more up in the air.
Speaker 2: I'm agree those two are dicey mccash, butttel really impressed now. I gotta say though, with this dose stuff, I have been absolutely amazed by the breakneck velocity with which Elon Musk and his team of programmers and experts have been getting into the system. And as I discussed at the top of the show, the amount of graft and waste and bizarre things that money is going to, Well, it's been amazing to see them tear it all up. And it's always been amazing to see where American tax pair dollars have been going. What do you make of it?
Speaker 4: It's just an onslaught James.
Speaker 10: It's everything that Republicans have feared for generations, that we were using taxpayer money to sort of push the progressive liberal agenda everywhere overseas domestically. You know, there's money coming out now that they are news coming out now. They were funneling money to newspapers and magazines in this country to keep them afloat. It's really really bad stuff, and it's coming at a breakneck speed. These are things that we tried to get at russ Vote, and I tried to get at this one. We're at the OMB, and the career staff always told us, Oh, you can't get that information. You can't get that information. Give Elon Musk credit. He went around that, he cut through all of that pushback and now is finding the receipts. I expect this, James, to go on for a long time. If you think your mind has been blown so far, buckle up because you're going to see a lot more of this in the weeks to come.
Speaker 2: Well. And I think Nick Hughes made this gestion in the Hill that the reaction of the left to this exposure of all of the secrets here really proves that they're on to something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they really don't like the fact that the curtain is being pulled back right now. They thought they had They thought these things were secret. They thought they would go on forever. I mean, James were hearing about, you know, payments to individuals payments to campaigns for Democrats. Add to that the stuff that's happening overseas where they where we're tying State Department money or excuse me, foreign aid to making countries change their laws on gay marriage and abortion. It's almost colonial in nature, it's so elitist in nature. It's really horrible stuff. But again, many Republicans thought that it was there. Now they're finally finding that it actually is the case. You're looking at the beginning of a wholesale, a wholesale sort of restructuring of what the federal government's like, in large parts because of what DOGE has been able to do since they've been here in the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Now you mentioned what's going on overseas. Of course, the other big story this week is the big proposal around the Gaza Strip and suggestions the US might take over or own Gaza or do something with Gaza. Now, there's been an awful lot of controversy around this, but Mick, you know, nothing that we've done for decades about Gaza and this conflict has worked. I kind of feel like Trump deserves some credit for thinking outside of the square on this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, James, I got asked, you know, was this a negotiating tool or was it a way to sort of throw out a new idea And it's sort of all of the above. Look, the place has been a difficult place for a long long time, and it's just going to be more difficult going forward.
Speaker 4: I had dinner last.
Speaker 10: Night with some folks from the US military here, and they expect that it could take between five and ten years just to clear the area of the unexploded ordnance. Think about that for a si before you could even begin to think about rebuilding in a safe fashion. Five to ten years of removing all the bombs and explosive that are still lying on the ground in Gaza.
Speaker 4: This is a monstrous undertaking that we're looking at.
Speaker 10: So, look, did Donald Trump probably get ahead of the get ahead of himself a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he spoke to the Senate here yesterday.
Speaker 10: I think the Senate sort of reeled him back in a little bit, making it very clear that there was no support here at our government for any dollars going to Gaza or any soldiers going to Gaza. So we're going to continue to look at the options. Give Donald Trump credit for at least throwing one out there, But I don't think anybody knows what Gaza looks like for the next decades to come.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean this is something that I want to ask you about too, because an awful lot of MAGA supporters of Trump, you know, they said, no more stupid wars, that's what we're getting out of here. And the potential here for this sort of well, call it what you want. Some people will say imperialism. That has a lot of dirty connotations these days. But you know, that sort of boots on the ground thing. We saw how that worked Iraq. I just feel like there are there's a lot of risk here.
Speaker 4: Mick, there is. Listen.
Speaker 10: The one thing you know, I thought a lot of what Republicans agreed on was that we don't do nation building very well, and that's sort of what Trump rolled out. So yeah, look, there's a lot of Republicans. I was one of them sort of reel back and said, I'm sorry, did he just say we're going into Gaza for the next fifteen or twenty years? Again, I don't think there's going to be a lot of support for that. I think he recognizes that. Look, Donald Trump sometimes freethinks, and he'll float trial balloons and I think that's probably what this was. Honestly, I think it was anybody. It was probably Jared Kushner's ideas behind the scenes that you saw sort of filtering up to the surface. He did had tremendous success when it came to the Abraham Accords. I'm not sure the same approach sort of looks and works in Gaza, given the extent of the devastation there. But at the end of the day, James, look, nobody's got a silver bullet or what to do about Gaza. If we did, we would have shot that bullet a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, Nick, thank you so much for your time. As always, Now let's bring in the Federalist Selection correspondent, Brianna Live and Brianna, thanks for coming on the US Report this evening. Now, the Democrats may have lost the twenty twenty four election, but it seems like their losses keep on coming. And it has been revealed now the damning losses that CBS, the news network in the United States, went to when dealing with Kamala Harris. And have a look at this here there's been new footage that has emerged from that interview when Kamala Harris is asked about the Middle East. First, we're going to see what she said, and then we're going to see what CBS put to air.
Speaker 4: It seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 5: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 4: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 5: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 2: Brianna, they really took a word salad and turned it into a finally cooked steak.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 2: How dishonest is CBS being about all of this?
Speaker 7: Well, they fought tooth and nail to not release this transcript. They had the opportunity a few months ago when this came out for the first time to be transparent, to put out the transcript that was unedited, to release the unedited video. And the only reason they're doing it now is because they were sued and the FCC got involved, and I think what this confirms. Most Americans understood that what we saw a few months ago was true and that they did deceptively edit it. What we confirm now is that the mainstream media, which should be rightly called the propaganda press in America, decided to run a siop for Kamala Harris. They tried to convince voters that she was something that she was not ie competent, and they deserve a lot of the blame for a lot of the division in this country because they lied to her supporters and they denigrated Donald Trump supporters.
Speaker 2: Indeed, nahy I, why do we want to the other some one of the big news from this week and Brianna, the Trump administration, just the hits keep coming every single day. But a key election promise for Trump was to sort out the transgender issues and women in sports. This week, President Trump signed the No Men in Women's Sports Executive Order, aiming to keep biological men out of girls at women's sports. Let's have a little look here at this moment from the ceremony. What's what I do?
Speaker 4: And then I'm going to give you something talk out?
Speaker 3: You ready?
Speaker 4: What a nice picture of this is?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: Governor?
Speaker 4: You're ready? We'll do a good job. Why let me press that.
Speaker 3: I want to make this a really good signature, Brianna.
Speaker 2: Two things struck me about that. Number one, he was surrounded by young women, and unlike his predecessor Joe Biden, he didn't sniff a single girl's hair. But also, more seriously, Poles showed that this is an eighty twenty issue. Four out of five Americans back the president on this. How dumb were the Democrats to let themselves get hijacked by the radicals here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is like two sides of a point.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: On the one hand, it's great that Donald Trump has been dedicated and committed to ensuring fairness in women's sports, which means keeping men out of women's sports, and he has gotten this done the first few weeks of as presidency, so codos to him. But like you said, it is a sad day here in America that we even got to the point where a president had to confirm that men are not women and therefore should not compete on a women's sports team. And it is exceptionally popular to not allow men to take advantage of women by joining the sports team. People understand that there is a biological and physiological advantage that men have against women. Unfortunately, a small percentage of the population who was mentally ill. You are mentally ill if you believe you are a man who can become a woman. They co opted the Democratic Party. They weaponized this issue to call the rest of the country transphobic and all these other horrible labels. And the Democratic Party encouraged this type of behavior. They ignored women. The party that has told us that they are the party of women turned a blind eye with women's that help us. Men are cause playing as women and telling us how we should think and act. And Donald Trump has now done a one't eighty from the previous administration.
Speaker 2: Indeed, absolutely right. Hey, while we're on the subject too, other big news here that the Trump administration is pushing forward now with plans to eliminate the Federal Department of Education, which I believe was a creature of that very successful Jimmy Carter administration. Well, if you look at the screen here, you'll see a graph that shows that while spending per student has doubled since that department came in results of flatline, they've gone backwards. Brianna, will parents in America go along with this idea of getting rid of this federal bureaucracy getting involved with everybody's education hopefully.
Speaker 7: You know, I think people don't understand that the Department of Education is best described as a giant welfare program.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 7: They funnel money to states and encourage them to use things like common Core curriculum, which for some of your viewers, if you don't know, it is the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen, and it takes regular addition and makes it ten times harder. They use it to push left wing agenda. So if we can diminish or dismantle the Department of Education because it is a giant welfare system, that would be great. Otherwise, though public schooling, it does come down to state and local levels and a lot of instances. So Donald Trump should use this as an opportunity to one dismantle the Department of Education to promote his policy of school choice in school vouchers, which is exceptionally popular, especially for minority students who have a better opportunity with school vectors. And third, encourage parents to take seriously their local elections for school board meetings because a lot of things that happen in schools happens at the.
Speaker 2: Local level, absolutely right, and I wish we had that level of local control over schools in Australia. But finally, I just want to talk about one last thing here. You know, we've been speaking the whole program about the work of DOGE and the different things that they have found the government has been spending money on and by the government, I mean taxpayers. Tell us about how it turns out that the government has been quietly giving backhanders to all sorts of media websites, left wing outlets, and creating a false consensus around left wing positions in the media.
Speaker 12: So upon coming out here to the briefing room, I was made aware of the funding from USAID to media outlets, including Politico, who I know has a seat in this room. And I can confirm that the more than eight million taxpayer dollars that have gone to essentially subsidizing subscriptions to Politico, the American taxpayer's dying will no longer be happening. The DOGE team is working on canceling those payments.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: Again, this is a whole of government effort to ensure that we are going line by line when it comes to the federal of government's books.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this should be This is probably the second biggest scandal of the century, behind the fact that we had a dead man walking essentially running the White House for four years. And what the Biden Harris administration did is they use taxpayer dollars to fund the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party. They Politico along with other outlets. They were running pieces, for instance, and in karts Answership they ran a piece political Rand, a piece on why WhatsApp is not censoring election related speech because they.
Speaker 11: Didn't like that.
Speaker 7: They ran a sigh out that Kamala Harris had a dream economy and it's like, actually, it was a nightmare economy. They told us that Donald Trump was increasing his violent rhetoric over the Liz Cheney comment that they purposely distorted and manipulated. All of this was just propaganda. And Americans see this new evidence from DOJE that has been released as further proof why they should not trust the mainstream corporate press.
Speaker 2: Brianda, thank you so much, love your analysis as always, love your insights. You can reader on the Federalist. Now don't go anywhere because you're watching the US Report. And in a moment I'm going to be joined by editor at Lodge the Wall Street Journal Jared Baker. But first, Hollywood, Yeah, that's right, Hollywood is steaming mad at Donald Trump. They're furious, they're besides themselves. Why here's comedian Rob Schneider.
Speaker 8: Elon Musk.
Speaker 10: I have this to say to you on behalf of the American people.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you so much. It's been incredible.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Keep going, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Hey turns out not everyone's bad at Trump and Elon Musk after all, good on your Rob. Come and join us on the show sometime and you keep watching the show. Baker is next, Welcome back to the program. I'm James Morrow, and you are watching the US Report. Well. The new Trump administration's efforts to secure the borders and make sure the only people living in America are supposed to be there has gained a lot of fans, but also some enemies, people like Squad member ilhan Omar, also known as the Commerce woman from Mogadishu, seen here giving advice to her Somali constituents on what to say if immigration officers questioned them.
Speaker 13: Hanel and and had a halak, I is a and who has been did in whet it and lawyer and advice Green and eo and in Kala mark borrough and and sumadiari and in art halak adam do Kenniti and information either read.
Speaker 2: There are some titles there, but you get the idea. It's the old mafia wise guy's code. Give them nothing and they got nothing. But pretty strange if you asked me to see a congress woman telling people how to essentially evade the law me. And while in places like Los Angeles protesters carrying Mexican flags have blocked traffic protesting Trump's plans to deport them, have a look at this scene from the other day. Now, I keep seeing this sort of thing, anti deportation protesters waving Mexican flags or flags of wherever else they came from. And I'll tell you what, this makes no sense to me because if you came to the US illegally but you wanted to say stay, well, surely the message you would want to send is, hey, look, we're peaceful, we want to contribute, we want to join the American family, even if we came in through the back door. I'd say that migrants and their supporters would do well to take a page out of the nineteen sixties civil rights movement. Here you see marchers in nineteen sixty five and Selma, Alabama proudly carrying the red, white, and blue, And this is one of my favorite photos of all time, showing young black marchers in Montgomery holding yes American flags, challenging America to live up to its promise. Now, would be migrants illegal or not, I think would do really well to send a similar message. We want to stay in America, but we want to be part of America too. But instead, what we're seeing from them is an advertisement for immigration, as ethnic separatism, even invasion, to which I and pretty much every other fair minded person is going to say no thanks. But there is a good side to all of this, because hey, by carrying the flags with their homelands, they're just making it easier for authorities to know where to send them to. Well, let's bring in a great friend of this program, editor at large at The Wall Street Girl, Gerard Baker. Girard, thank you so much for coming out of the US sport tonight. I want to talk to you about a piece you wrote a couple of weeks ago actually, first of all, and it was about the changing of the guard in the United States. How you had an old oligarchy that wasn't really working and we see a new oligarchy on the stage at the inauguration and on all the events two weeks in. How do you think this new regime is going well?
Speaker 1: Thanks James, Thanks for mentioning the column two. Look, I was having a little bit of fun with the idea that the United States is now being run by an oligarchy. There was a lot of beating and complaining from the usual suspects in the media when we saw Trump's Trump's inauguration a couple of weeks ago, all those tech bros up there on the stage with him, the Mark Zuckerberg's and the Elon Musks, of course most obviously, but others too, and this alarm supposedly going up that, oh, my goodness, we have these incredibly powerful business leaders who control these trillion dollar companies who are handing glove now with Donald Trump. What a terrible and unprecedented state of effect.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 1: Well, those same people, in many cases, and certainly those companies, have been handing glove with Democrats for much longer than they have been with Donald Trump. They've been, as you well know, running interference for Democrats for years, blocking material that they think is unhelpful to Joe Biden, doing Joe Biden's bidding. They tend to be staffed by people who worked in democratic administration. So if I think, as we have seen, these oligarchs have now kind of done a one to eighty degrees and have now decided that actually all the things that Donald Trump stands for, which is ending diversity, in equity and inclusion madness, ending so much of this radical left wing stuff that these companies have themselves been promoting for so long, then bring it on. You know, let's have an oligarchy that actually works in the interests of the American people and not against them.
Speaker 2: Well, and it occurs to me, jar that one of the things we also talked about a lot during the Biden administration was how back in those days it seemed like this kind of Brezhnavira Soviet Union gerontocracy that was running the place. And now we see a much sort of more young and dynamic cabinet coming in. You know, many of these people in their forties, fifties, young people like jd Vance, relatively younger people like jd Vance, you know, with their young families. Is there just a broader sense of youthfulness about this administration even if Donald Trump himself is pushing eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ironic, isn't it. Donald Trump actually was the oldest president in November, the oldest man ever to be elected president of the United States, because he was actually older than Joe Biden was in twenty twenty. So he is, you know, he's not quite there yet at Joe Biden's age, but he will be if you get presuming he gets through this term. And yet, as you say, there's a there's more important. There's an energy and the dynamism of about the siministrator. You don't have to like all of it. And I, you know, I write independently. I don't praise everything they do. I don't like some of the things they do. I didn't, for example, like Donald Trump's use of attempted to attempt to use tariffs this week to get Mexico and Canada apparently to do absolutely nothing. So I'm not not always a fan of what Donald Trump does, but there's absolutely no denying the first two and a half weeks have been the most astonishing, you know, blizzard of activity, much of it much of it desirable. You've talked about immigration there in your in your remarks just a minute ago, and finally moving to remove some of the many, many illegal immigrants in this country again abolishing DEI diversity equally inclusion programs in throughout the federal government. Getting Elon Musk to do is extraordinary doge exercise and exposing all kinds of frankly dubious and abusive spending practices in the federal government. He's really you know, he's moving. I mean he's and again you know, some of it again, some of it. Maybe he moves a bit too fast, like promise to take over for the United States, going to take over Gaza. But there is a there's an energy and a dynamism, particularly in rolling back this. This is the key, James, and you've talked a lot about this on your show over the years, rolling back this takeover of the institutions of this country. And I'm sorry to say it's the same in Australia and England where I come from. By this progressive left elite that have people that have that have injected their ideological viewpoint into it, have turned these institutions frankly into sort of cultural cultural bastions in which they can promote these ideas that are fundamentally inimical to free speech and inimical to the values on which this country was built. And I think, you know, whatever else I may think about what Donald Trump's doing, I think that program, that effort, that energy that he's bringing to roll that back is very welcome.
Speaker 2: And you know, I spent an awful lot of time in the US last year and after that election, I just felt like there was that energy in the air. But so many of the things they do this just seems like, you know, I mean, Carmon SeNSS no reuse for But for example, Pam Bondy, who's the new Attorney General, just confirmed well one of the first things that she's announced is that they're going to do cut federal funding to sanctuary cities that refuse to deal with federal immigration authorities. I mean, this seems like such basic stuff that we weren't able to do four years in the United States.
Speaker 11: What do you make of that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, the sanctuary city thing situation that we've had where shows your viewers know, you know, these cities actually essentially refused to cooperate with the federal government in identifying and dealing with the massive numbers of illegal limorates. I live in New York City. It's supposedly a sanctuary city. You know, especially in the last four years, we've had a huge influx of illegal migrants into the city, and we've had increases in crime, and we've had them, you know, very very hard, a lot of pressure on housing here and on health services and all these other things. And yet as a sanctuary city, New York refuses to do anything about it. Well, you know, incomes Pam BONDI then you were the new Attorney General and says, sorry, we're not going to let you do that anymore. So there will be, as you say, common sense, there will be. Look, the number of illegal migrants in this country is completely out of control. We've probably had ten million in the last four years, maybe more, on top of millions who existed were here before that. Look, many of them, and I think these will be you know, I think we need to be a little careful about sort of branding them all. There are a lot of people here who've lived here for a very long time, children were born here, and who are contributing to the US. And maybe a way can be found to keep those there. But there are large numbers of criminals, James, There's large numbers of yeah, you know, violent criminals. There's large numbers of people who are scoff laws. There's large numbers of people's people who frankly are living off the state and living off for the various benefits that they get in some of these cities. It's only right in the interests of American voters and taxpayers that those people should be dealt with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And finally, just sticking on Pam Bardy, another thing that she's announced is this Weaponization Working Group to look into ways in which government was weaponized and politicized during the Biden administration. I'd love to getting your take on this. Does this seem like a good idea to you? Or are you concerned at all that this bat's a bit of a witch hunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a risk there. Look, weaponization of government is something that's been steadily going on over a long time and has stead of been getting worse. I don't think it's any question that it did get notoriously dramatically worse under Joe Biden. And what we're talking about here is not just the attempts to prosecute the prosecutions of Donald Trump. And you can, you can like or not like those. I think there's a mixed bag. But there's no question that the Justice Department was by spending a lot of time trying to get Donald Trump essentially prosecuted, convicted, and locked up. We're not just talking about those cases. We're talking about the cases where the Justice Department, the FBI, which of course is part of the Justice Department, was being used to go after, ess actually people who had, you know, kind of political views, views that were at odds with the kind of you know, with the prevailing orthodoxy as defined and as mandated by the Biden administration, and we're going after them and sort of looking at to you know, supposedly criminal activity. A good example, James, as you know about this are Catholic organizations, organizations that are you know, that are pro life, that are anti abortion, don't break the law. These individuals don't break the law. They protest against abortion. They work hard to get abortion laws overturned. You can like that or dislike it, whatever you think about it. They're not not criminals. But the FBI and the Justice Department spend a lot of time in the last four years investigating these organizations and it going to you know, going along to you know, to masses and things like that undercover to try and catch Catholics who were saying things that were considered unacceptable. That really is a kind of weaponization of justice that we should be very disturbed about. And if if Pam bond in I think she will, if she's going to do that, and if she's going to avoid perhaps the temptation that Donald Trump will have to pursue his own vendettas against those who pursued him, then more power to.
Speaker 2: Her, absolutely right. Couldn't agree more. I think that even said that going to Latin mass was a sign of radicalation, which was pretty nuts. Gerard Baker, thank you so much for joining me. As always, we'll see you again soon on the US Report. Now don't go anywhere, because in a moment we're gonna have John Fund here to talk more about the outrage over Donald Trump tipping out that great, big slush fund of lefty money in USAID. But before that, we've heard a lot about all the crazy things us AID was spending money on, including apparently twenty million dollars for an Iraqi version of the kids show Sesame Street. Well, guess what I think we found a clip of an episode have a look worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. And actually that turns out to have been a clip from comedian Jimmy Kimmel's program back in two thousand, back when he used to be funny. What happened to that guy who knows? Anyway, don't go anywhere because John Fun is coming up after the break. Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm thrilled to be joined now by another great friend of the program, political journalist John Fun. Thank you so much for coming on the program. And I want to start off here and get your thoughts on Senator Mitch McConnell, who has suffered a bit of an incitant, a bit of a fall.
Speaker 11: Have a look.
Speaker 2: Now, anybody can have an accident, they may can have a trip, things like that. But this comes after he also had that bizarre moment where he froze up on camera last year. John, you've written about this before. Here. Is this a case for the need for the US to have term limits on senators to avoid well exactly this sort of thing.
Speaker 8: Well, I think it's necessary because if we don't have term limits. I'll tell you what the American people are going to do. They're going to put an age limit on congress people. North Dakota has already voted one, you can't serve after the age of eighty from that state. Look, the average age of the United States Senate is now over sixty five, and that means there are a lot of people who are past their prime. And one of the reasons why Joe Biden was able to hide in plain sight his frailty is there were a lot of senators who didn't want to make that an issue, otherwise the spotlight would have turned on them.
Speaker 4: See a farm.
Speaker 2: Look, I agree completely. And you know, we spoke earlier in the show about the gerontocracy that we had in the United States under the Biden administration. Hopefully that's starting to come to an end now. But one of the other things is coming to an end, John, is this huge slush fund of stuff that was being paid for by dough by the USAID that is now being taken over by Dose, which is going through and finding amazing things here. Republican Senator Joni Erst this week went through and found tons of examples of wilful sabotage that USAID engaged in in their time, which even included millions of dollars to fund research in that Wuhan coronavirus lab. How is it John that Democrats are still able to defend this institution from Elon Musk in which seems like a very necessary truth telling exercise.
Speaker 8: Well, the smarter ones like Ram Emmanuel or Obama strategist David axelrodters saying let's not defend them too much because there are other things we have to defend. The real scandal is not twenty one million dollars for Sesame Street in Iraq. The real scandal is what Musk has already founded the Treasury Department. The Treasury payment officers were told you will approve every payment no matter who it is, too, so fraudulent groups, terrorist groups are receiving money literally. Musk has interviewed people in the Treasury who say I never rejected a payment in my entire career. That, if you take it across government departments in general, adds up to a shadow government of completely illegitimate payments, never authorized by Congress, never contemplated by Congress. The Pentagon, which is something that conservatives support, but frankly should question when they have found it failed its last seven audits. The Pentagon can't account for its own money. The government is running two separate tracks. A track where it sends out checks to people Social Security, Medicare people like that track, and then there's a lot of these other programs that are an automatic pilot and nobody knows what they're doing and or how they're spending it.
Speaker 2: It's just unbelievable, but also unbelievable. Has been some of the reaction to all of this, and I want it, particularly coming from the left. I want to get your reaction here to what Congresswoman le Monica McIver had to say earlier this week. Have a look at this.
Speaker 11: We will not take this.
Speaker 14: We will fight back. And as I close out, because I've never been out here for a long time, hey, goddamn it, shut down the city. We I am warm anytime, anytime a person can pay two hundred and fifty million dollars into a campaign and they've be given access for access to the Department of Treasury of the United States of America, we are at war.
Speaker 2: They're at war. They're gonna fight, They're gonna shut down the city.
Speaker 11: John I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a word here I'm thinking of and it begins with I can he helped me out? It feels like it's something like insurrection that she's calling for.
Speaker 8: Well, Donald Trump has successfully done something no one thought possible. Do he realize that once he'd won the popular vote and had legitimacy, that a lot of people on the left would be deflated. They wouldn't be as angry, they wouldn't be as deranged. So what has he done to create a new source of distraction, a new shiny object for them to focus on and be deranged about. He's created Musk derangement syndrome. Musk over what Donald Trump has left behind. And it is hilarious to watch. I mean, we had one. Elon Omar said this is how dictatorship begins in the countryes Chuire magazine has said the solution to Elon Musk is deport him, arrest him, or at least tax him until his eyeballs bleed. I mean, this is crazier than even Trump derangement syndrome.
Speaker 2: John Fund, I think we finally found an immigrant left doesn't like. Thank you so much for joining me on the US Report. See you next. Time now coming up Only in America. But before that, I have to show you this because it is just so plain embarrassing. Here is Chuck Schumer, you know him well, trying to start a chant at a protest against Trump and Elon Musk, and there moves to God forbid stop hundreds of billions of dollars going out the door to phony maloney, transgender dance troops in Somali or whatever that money is being spent on. But here's the thing. His chant didn't go as planned.
Speaker 3: We are gonna fight this fight.
Speaker 5: I am gonna stand with you in this fight.
Speaker 2: And we will win.
Speaker 11: We will win. We will win. We will win.
Speaker 4: We will win.
Speaker 10: We w we won't rest, we won't rest.
Speaker 2: I think he was the only one chanting there by the end. I haven't seen Chuck Schumer fail that badly since he tried to stage a Father's Day cookout last year and put cheese on entirely uncooked burger patties. Yum. Yeah, sure, Senator, you're a master of the tongs. Only in America is next, And now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only America. So tonight on Only in America, let's do a little thought experiment. Who is smarter Elon Musk or Alexandria Okazia Cortes. Well, Elon Musk can catch a giant rocket booster with chopsticks, But AOC she's not impressed. This dude is probably.
Speaker 6: One of the most unintelligent billionaires I have ever met or seen are witnessed, which you know, you can.
Speaker 11: Probably even glean that from watching.
Speaker 6: These people on TV.
Speaker 2: Gosh, she's got a bit of a Kamala laugh there going. But anyway, it turns out that AOC herself turns out not to be that bright herself. Well, here she is grappling with technology.
Speaker 6: I am told this is a garbage disposal. I've never seen a garbage disposal. I never had one in any place I've ever lived. It is terrifying. I don't know what to use it for or what its purpose is.
Speaker 2: You don't know what it for, AOC. It's a garbage disposal. The hint is in the name. Just please, whatever you do, don't stick your hand down there. Not even Elon could fix that. Anyway. That's all the time we have this week. See you next time on the US Report. Bye bye, mm hmm.