Speaker 1: Jason on one hundred, Well, good morning everybody, and happy Hey Friday Eve. That's snuck up, didn't they?
Speaker 2: Hello, thank goodness it did good? What thank goodness that it's snuck up?
Speaker 3: You said how good it did?
Speaker 2: How goods?
Speaker 3: It's like, who's the did oh.
Speaker 1: No, no Fridays here guys. Well, Neil, how are you feeling.
Speaker 3: I've been very well rested.
Speaker 4: I've been taking it very easy and I've got a very very quiet weekend planned and I'm so excited. I like the weather's turn cold and everyone's gone a bit like, let's stay in this week?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, do you want to about to fire?
Speaker 3: Watch the foot? You cook a rose?
Speaker 2: I was going to say, goal Martha Stuart. Yeah, like you still do something like a big shepherd's pie or something like it's just a nice bit of comfort food. I love a shepherd What about soup? Where do you sit on soup?
Speaker 1: Soup?
Speaker 3: Chicken soup in winter?
Speaker 1: It's the it's the texture.
Speaker 2: We've got to bring you around because there's not I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I remember soup with chicken in it.
Speaker 1: I don't even mind a luxA Oh.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's that really? Really high in restaurant Luxe King have you.
Speaker 2: It's good though it is good, isn't he strange?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Well, he isn't a soup.
Speaker 2: It's because Vietnamese which one.
Speaker 4: But the texture of like a chicken and vegetable soup is very different to the texture of like a I love pumpkins.
Speaker 1: I love pumpkins. One of my favorite men pumpkin soup. Never had it.
Speaker 2: You must try.
Speaker 3: I like making it, putting some shell pasta in it.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds.
Speaker 4: Delicious when you bite into the little pasta shells and the like little pumpkin soup explodes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's technically like a pasta.
Speaker 3: It's so thick, it's almost like sauce like puss.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin soup just instantly makes you feel better.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's what I'm going to make this weekend.
Speaker 2: Can you make me so?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I make a good pumpkin soup. It's it's lizes recipes really yeah, But the issue is here. I know what's going to happen. I'm going to bring it in. Then you're going to want to try, and you can try it. It's six thirty in the morning and you're going.
Speaker 3: To get I don't like it because it's breakfast time.
Speaker 1: And then no, no, no, I love, I love like say grown up meals at breakfast time, like proper meals.
Speaker 3: Now you're pumpkin soup for breakfast. But on a cold night?
Speaker 2: Do you roast your pumpkin? And do you use vegetable or chicken stock?
Speaker 3: Chicken?
Speaker 1: Yees?
Speaker 2: Same, same sister, can't wait to try yours?
Speaker 3: Goode?
Speaker 2: And what's your starch of choice? Oh my god, potato?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bit of yeah, potato.
Speaker 2: Added start, a little.
Speaker 3: Cream at the end, roasted.
Speaker 2: Garlic as well.
Speaker 3: Crack tonight, so season, Sorry for tonight. I doesn't know how to make pumpkins. Got to change the topic. But tell us what's going to be the highlight of the CAATs Vy.
Speaker 2: Dogs Cat Cat Big Bailey Smith. It's a grudge match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big night of forty. We'll come back that We a lot coming up on today show, including your favorite pumpkin recipes. It's all right, reckon. The weather screen is jammed. It's it's set at five degrees for the last three days.
Speaker 4: No, it is five point seven degrees. Yeah, it's me a maximum seventeen today.
Speaker 1: Some clat around with that's some beautiful afternoons, haven't we.
Speaker 4: Well, yesterday I was standing in the sun when I left the gym, I bumped into it. Oh, I bumped into a friend of mine from school. Actually Josh Pittiman. Yes, he played the Phantom in the Phantom at the opera and he was in the ten Tenors. No, no, when I say Phantom, not in the school productions, you're referencing, right.
Speaker 3: The big He's still not the nod it's Lauren, Laura, Lauren. I turned around.
Speaker 4: There was Josh Pittman and who is like in the ten ten He's one, He's one of the best voices in the country.
Speaker 3: And he had a little ten week old puppy.
Speaker 4: Stoppers a little cavo and okay, and he was holding this puppy in his hand.
Speaker 2: He was he wearing any clothes or was He had like.
Speaker 4: A beanie and he was sitting in the winter sun. And I went and part of the dog. Paul just watched from the other side of the car park like what she's talking to me?
Speaker 1: It's my relationship.
Speaker 4: And then we just stood in the sun for a minute and I was like, it's actually warm in the sun. Well, I played the little puppy so sweet winter sun cute little puppy.
Speaker 3: It was like a really like a meat cute in a movie.
Speaker 4: Except my fiance was standing across the car park watching, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's warm in the sun. Got the chat was strong. She was really distracted by the dog, wasn't she?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: But I was. I was running to the car and then I stood there. I was like, no, this son's actually warm.
Speaker 2: What a lovely man.
Speaker 1: He is just a lot of work touring like ten, ten of them. That's a couple of Yeah, amazing, are they have you? Where do you go?
Speaker 3: They're like the best ten voices in the world.
Speaker 2: Don't be so sorry, rewind Is he a tenor?
Speaker 3: He was one of the tens? And then he did the Phantom.
Speaker 2: And he did Lames as well on the West End? Yeah, oh wow, Yeah he was Jean Valjean.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well he's living my dream. He's got a puppy and Dickinson and a rig.
Speaker 3: He got a rig. I haven't seen his.
Speaker 4: That would have been inappropriate, felt if he's he was wearing clothes, because.
Speaker 3: You know, when did you say him with no clothes?
Speaker 2: He loves a shirtless selfie? Does Josh? Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Who is he on the ground.
Speaker 4: Josh Pitterman, He's gonna love that we're talking about him right now.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I also went to squid him and I got in the camp Pole goes, who's that?
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 3: My friend? Josh just sort of left it? And then I said I went to school with him, and I told the same story. I just told you to. I gave him a full bio.
Speaker 1: Do you think it would have been stronger? Just so? Like he just meant him? What do you mean like you didn't know him?
Speaker 4: Well, he was in a cafe and he was calling my name and I kept turning around. You know when you hear your name and then you're like, oh, no, it's obviously not for me. And then eventually he waved and I was like, oh it's Josh. So went and said hi, and Paul goes, we could have stood up and come to you.
Speaker 3: Well, he had a good seat in the sun and he had a puppy. Yeah, so I totted off to him.
Speaker 2: He's also an author as well, like he just does it all? Does it all?
Speaker 1: What are you the president of the.
Speaker 2: He wrote a book about do you want more facts?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: You know who he was, you know, he was in Phantom of the Opera, Amy manfitit that girl that you had the hots for.
Speaker 1: Now we'll take some facts.
Speaker 4: The singer who did the isn't in concert? Yes, and she to it with Andrechelli. They're like the most beautiful looking couple you've ever seen. But the single no right, okay, but they both sing beautifully together.
Speaker 1: Beautiful baby, that would be it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come out wearing a mask?
Speaker 5: Why are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Josh Pitterman.
Speaker 1: He's your baby? Oh's the door half limbs adorable?
Speaker 3: You should have seen this mask?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, God?
Speaker 4: Anyway, puppies tags the Winter Sun and if you haven't seen Fantom of I highly recommend it the Baby's Disney and a shout out to all those in Josh Pittman's fan com.
Speaker 1: Hey coming up this morning, your chance to when you way to see Bruno Mars live in Las Vegas. Arion Tipmus is on the air after seventh and yes, we are gearing up for a big game in Geelong tonight. It is cat Dog Night.
Speaker 2: Later on over guys, I was at the gym yesterday afternoon. It was leg day and are you walking?
Speaker 3: Are you waddling? Today?
Speaker 2: My goodness? Because I did the daily double. I did leg date at the gym and then I went and I did Matt Pillarates last night, which was all leg focused.
Speaker 3: I think leg date the gym needs to stand a line.
Speaker 2: I think it does too.
Speaker 3: You get to shake you.
Speaker 2: Four four o'clock four a cock.
Speaker 3: Leg Day or PILARATEI for leg Day.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: I walked up the stairs at Pilarates and the lady goes, Okay, You're just going to need one of those bands, and I'm like, oh no, that's bad. That means it's leg day. Anyways, when I was at the gym, I received an S O S FaceTime call FaceTime.
Speaker 3: She loves to FaceTime. Our gen Z.
Speaker 2: Gen Z was buzzing.
Speaker 3: So if you're not familiar, this is our producer who's twelve.
Speaker 2: Hello Jenny, Good morning everyone. It's fair to say you were flustered.
Speaker 3: It's a gen Z thing to face time out of the and it was also a gen Z thing of why I called you.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, potentially so gen Z has just moved into a beautiful new home and she needed some assistance. And because I am the manly man of the team and the and the the troubleshooter, you could say.
Speaker 3: Across long before i'd call you.
Speaker 1: Jason, I was called first, but I failed.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Well, that's true.
Speaker 2: That's humbling.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't would have known he would.
Speaker 2: What were you doing? You weren't doing leg day.
Speaker 1: No, I was picking the kids up from school and then to pull over on the side of the road and do a whole face time and try and talk through the problems.
Speaker 3: You failed in the troubleshooting.
Speaker 1: I failed in the troubleshooting over FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so what was the issue? Well, do we start the very first thing?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jenny. Jenny calls and she says, I've got a problem with the hose.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you didn't call me her like in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Washing machine has Oh do you know when your movie or your house?
Speaker 1: Glad she didn't ring.
Speaker 2: And the washing machine, the washing machine needs to go in that tiny little yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, you couldn't get in the hole.
Speaker 2: It was out of the hole. Fits in the hole, but she had to drag it out of the hole to connect it because the thing wasn't working.
Speaker 7: Was so the there's a draining issue, and there's been wet clothes. So the door gets locked, so I can't even open the door. There's wet, dirty clothes, and dirty water. Been in there since about Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, they're going to need another wash.
Speaker 1: They're going to need I would say ninety nine percent of washing machines normally have that little flap at the front one hundred percent bottom right corner where you fold it.
Speaker 3: Down and was doing the flat. How often do you have to do the flat?
Speaker 1: That's where the filter is so you can take it out and clean.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you were wrong.
Speaker 5: I had a bucket ready to go.
Speaker 2: I suspected it was a problem with the hose from from day dot, didn't I thank you for humbling me.
Speaker 3: Went around there or you turned up went around in between leg day and had a.
Speaker 2: Very small window.
Speaker 3: So I waddled in clint to the rescue.
Speaker 2: I tracked the hose, but.
Speaker 1: The hazards on out the front.
Speaker 3: Parking in that street. It's a terrible street anyway, narrow streets.
Speaker 2: I tracked the hose from the back of the washing machine into the spot where the hoses meant to go to drain then great water. There was no hole.
Speaker 3: The host was running to nowhere.
Speaker 2: It was plugged into a faux hole fake it didn't connect to and he's like, it's not training. I'm like, no ship because there's no hole.
Speaker 4: Do you know when we bought my mum moved into a new house and after three months we were like, what is that smell? And they hadn't put They put a faux hole for the dish washer. It was just running under the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you do it half a hole?
Speaker 3: Well they did just they did it on the cheap and ripped her off.
Speaker 7: So yeah, hasn't been opened yet, so it needs to be open.
Speaker 4: The hole needs to be open, yeah, to drain. Well that's a landlord issue. You're not cutting holes in.
Speaker 3: We'll clint to the rescue.
Speaker 7: So I called my landlord and it's going to get fixed today.
Speaker 3: And they should pay for your dry cleaning of your.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a cool out feel.
Speaker 2: It's five grand there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So is it a brand new house and they've just done a lazy dodgy You haven't care.
Speaker 3: There's a brand new house. Yeah, let you brand.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that they've leased it to her.
Speaker 3: I know guess where references were Clinton and I.
Speaker 1: The landlord deserves what it's going to get, didn't he used to use Hitch back in the day.
Speaker 4: Peter Hitch and I was all of our news reader because if you saw Peter Hitchen or on, you would go all these people are responsible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would he say?
Speaker 3: She's loved.
Speaker 1: If you want to, you want to take a wook on the world side, you should give it. Yes, when he come to the house warmings and stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I never invited him over.
Speaker 5: You guys can come to me.
Speaker 1: Welcome morning, everybody, and welcome to your Thursday. I was I was heavy seeing that post from Joel last night.
Speaker 3: I know it's such a sad story.
Speaker 1: Been another emotional game in Geelong again tonight.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, our hearts are with the cel Woods at the moment.
Speaker 1: Hey Bailey Smith, Yes, he's a cat dough Yeah, how long ago do you make them move?
Speaker 2: It's his first season at the Cats from the Dogs.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is the first rivalry, so it's a bit of a grudge match. Chicken, they'll get stuck into him.
Speaker 2: Oh Jenner maybe was born in the.
Speaker 1: Play tonight, here come Cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When he first jumped from the Cats the Dogs to the Cats, I said this should be his He's.
Speaker 3: Answer every time he kicks a goal. They should play cat Are there many other players who have been can't?
Speaker 2: Actually, it's a good question for the almanac.
Speaker 3: Or cat Man be the of course cat Man will be.
Speaker 2: Man will be there with his tin of cat food.
Speaker 4: The Geelong cheer Squad are one of the most passionate cheer squads.
Speaker 1: Passionate word, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, cat man freaks.
Speaker 2: I saw a cat Man the other day. He's up a tree. Was he dressed up a cat?
Speaker 4: Catman is the guy in the cheersquad who dresses up as a cat and he has he like his full face, paid full costume things.
Speaker 3: I think, and I could be wrong. I think his dad was like the original Catman and then he inherited. I feel like it's a family thing, the Catman in the cheer squad.
Speaker 2: Jerry passionate the cat family.
Speaker 3: Have you seen his house?
Speaker 1: I haven't been.
Speaker 2: I've been down a cat Man.
Speaker 3: I think it was his house. He posted it's like a Geelong Football Club museum.
Speaker 1: Oh it's the video of him eating cat food and really threw me.
Speaker 3: Was it spon con or did he do it? He was doing it a little whiskeys?
Speaker 1: Do you hear little whiskeys?
Speaker 4: Gary Hawking famously do that once a geelong legend, and he changed his name. He played for the Cats. He changed his name by deep Ho. It's a whiskeys.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of paper.
Speaker 3: He would have made a lot of money. Who made a lot of money?
Speaker 1: Your money tonight?
Speaker 2: My goodness, what is this doing playing?
Speaker 3: I love this song.
Speaker 1: Here's your money on tonight.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite song of all time. Toto Africa?
Speaker 3: What about Afri?
Speaker 1: What a banger.
Speaker 2: It's just one of the great songs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god that everyone?
Speaker 2: Do you know they play that when you touch down in Africa?
Speaker 1: What do you what? That's there still? What do you mean? Get out?
Speaker 2: When I South African Airways and the touch cape down.
Speaker 3: And you you almost went me.
Speaker 2: That's a lot that flip bit.
Speaker 1: I keep getting video sent to me from I was mentioned. Yes, sir, we've got a listener to the show. Brent, who dms me videos to show you of his experience at the Sphere in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: D ming you videos to show Lauren.
Speaker 3: Jealous because all I want to do's go to the Sphere and no one will take me there. It looks incredible because I have everything called it job and I have to stay right here.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it suck being an adult, doesn't like.
Speaker 4: Can't I go back to just being nineteen? But I had no money to go to the Sphere then. Oh the sphere. Now, if you don't know what we're talking about, it's that amazing sphere in Vegas that has the screens all around and it looks like you are in.
Speaker 3: It's a sphere. It's like a ball.
Speaker 4: But the ball, the ball in Vegas would get you in big trouble, so that's called the spear.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Now they've put it on the screens.
Speaker 8: Everybody, look.
Speaker 2: At the elephants.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 3: That's where the Backstreet Boys are playing in Africa. No, in the ball on the sphere, in the bubbles.
Speaker 2: Total Africa playing and the waddling around.
Speaker 4: Paul went to the store, but my fiance, Paul, he went to the opening of the Sphere when it was Coldplay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, didn't you too do it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: It was you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a mixed up.
Speaker 4: It was Bono, not Coldplay. Coldplay would be great there. It was definitely you two. They opened there.
Speaker 1: The way Bono sings Fix You gets me every time.
Speaker 4: A good collab with Coldplay, Get there, Lauren. All right, Clint over to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Let's get on with.
Speaker 2: Draw your attention to a deeply disturbing story involving an Australian worker who's gone viral. By the way, what categoriz has gone viral?
Speaker 9: Change?
Speaker 3: It's changed because going viral.
Speaker 4: And it's funny you mentioned this because I was watching a docco last night about going viral. And previously going viral was because people wanted to see it. Now it's all about the algorithm.
Speaker 3: So we don't.
Speaker 4: Necessarily choose what goes viral much anymore because the computer doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's the algorithm.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, he's gone viral because of the algorithm.
Speaker 3: I reckon you to get over a million views.
Speaker 2: His boss, he's horrible.
Speaker 1: Boss. I heard about this canceled.
Speaker 2: His annually hours, just hours before he was due to.
Speaker 3: Fly out to Vegas to the sphere, no, not the sphere on.
Speaker 1: A holiday Africa.
Speaker 2: The employee responded to this email saying, I'm sorry, what I can't just cancel? What time is the call? Maybe I can just dial in because the boss wanted him to stick around for a very phone call. Lea. No, the leave application had gone in weeks in advance, and he pressed cancel, and he goes, n uh uh, you are staying here for this very important call.
Speaker 3: No, bug, you can't do that. Did he quit? No, he would still be entitled to his leaf shure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you can't be pulling the pin last minute. That is a power trip.
Speaker 4: Imagine if me on the way to the airport got a call saying you must come.
Speaker 1: Back, well, I'd be surprised if you answered it.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I've never seen me again.
Speaker 2: What about this? The manager persisted, writing, mate, we need this, will comp and sat you for the time. You know, we have to be flexible with clients. Remember I don't try that with me.
Speaker 1: Remember when our old boss at the other place banned me from coming in for a week. I called in sick one day.
Speaker 3: We are no, we are.
Speaker 1: The more cripple version, and like what he was old and fragile, and he banned me from coming in for a week. That was because my gastro One day I had to drive in and say, why am.
Speaker 3: I banned for a week because you missed a meeting.
Speaker 1: He was the worst boss I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Isn't that a movie? Terrible bosses.
Speaker 1: There's a few. It's good. There's a sequel, The Terrible Bosses.
Speaker 3: Horrible Bosses, Oh so terrible? Well wait, was the original called Horrible Bosses?
Speaker 1: Horrible Bosses one Horrible Bosses too horrible? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love Jason, baby, we love our bosses here, though, I.
Speaker 2: Think this bloke is just completely the manager that is just.
Speaker 3: Come on, did he just say can you just jump on a call?
Speaker 2: There is a I don't know if it's if it's a myth.
Speaker 3: On you say, I'll do the meeting, but I want an extra.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, Lauren, there is a myth. If you get called to work while your annual leave is while you're on annual leave, you get the entirety of your annual leave restored, even if actually some sort of pelicy.
Speaker 1: So if you just rock up once, if.
Speaker 2: You get called off holidays to come back, none of that time count None of that time counts, You get it all back.
Speaker 3: There's a way to rule the system. Imagine getting called on the last day, beautiful, I was your manager. Come back, Okay, another seven months.
Speaker 1: We need someone much smarter than us to put something in the computer where it all just dies down on the last day of holidays.
Speaker 3: And being a boss though and managing all your staff and you'll leave to make sure everyone's not away at the same time, must be the biggest headache.
Speaker 1: Who does all the flight attendants?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I always think, who is juggling all the flight attendants?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, the database?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: The roster for the least than Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's some sort of algorithm.
Speaker 1: Jenny, you're on LEE, but I'm in Africa. I want to go home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know thirteen.
Speaker 1: I don't know thirteen twenty four ten. Have you had a bad boss? Oh? Yes? How bad? Can we get canceling leave a day out? That's up there thirteen twenty four ten. In return, or we got Cogan vouchers to go. Cogin dot com helps you get what you want for less. That is clicking awesome. Let's find Melbourne's worst boss thirteen twenty four ten. To join us at Nova. We're talking horrible bosses. This morning boss has gone viral for pulling holiday leave on an employee the day before we leave.
Speaker 3: You can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: I actually don't think you can legally do that anyway, but even trying it is that's that's bad form.
Speaker 1: Are you going over there, Bruce mcavany, Sorry.
Speaker 3: Clinton constructed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's a big moment because and posta cogl I'm sorry, distract is a Melbourne Melbourne. He's in one of the most high pressure jobs in the world, managing Tottenham, and in a few seconds he's about to win a trophy for them. They haven't won a trophy in forty one years.
Speaker 1: Traffic control would be more strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the fact that you're comparing the two.
Speaker 2: People crying winners over United.
Speaker 4: Don't we love claiming things like that? Now Rangers one that yglo.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: We're talking about horrible bosses. And one thing I'll tell you, our boss is probably not listening to this. He's probably also watching the soccer.
Speaker 1: I would imagine it's a good boss, our resident aerosexual. Good morning, Nick, we are good.
Speaker 3: Did you have a bad boss?
Speaker 10: Look back in the day, we got but aknewly and I got approved and I like a little Bliday, I got it all done. And then my boss's grandmother passed away the same they told you to go, and I actually cance my lead so she could attend the funeral. And then and do the funeral arrangements, and so we did that, and then what had happened is why I was working and she was at the funeral her grandmother coming for lunch.
Speaker 1: The grandma was alive.
Speaker 10: She didn't actually die, actually, because I said her mother come in and I'm like, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. And then I looked at my right and I'm like, she's you're alive.
Speaker 4: So she lies she could get away off and.
Speaker 10: One of the kids got under social media and found out that she was in BALI.
Speaker 1: She was grieving.
Speaker 2: I mean over, that's bad karma.
Speaker 4: I couldn't. It's like when people say you dogs saying and I'm like, I could never lie about that stuff, that's right. I feel like it was bad.
Speaker 1: Karma for every parent lives with their kids.
Speaker 3: You lie a lot. We catch you every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the kids, like I can't take how much they've.
Speaker 1: Had this year.
Speaker 4: The kid's broken his arm. Don't you feel like that's bad comet then that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You don't have a conscience, No, No, I don't whoa Okay, you died. No, he's just good at lying. You don't mind. I can't lie.
Speaker 2: As I said before, he's very susceptible to gastro.
Speaker 3: Hello, yes, yes, hi guys, Hello morning.
Speaker 11: So my boss, I'd had a baby in September and in on Cup Day in November, I received a redundancy letter.
Speaker 3: You had the baby in September and then you know, were you on maternity maternity leave?
Speaker 11: Yep, so seven weeks after I had her, I got the redundancy letter on Cup Day and then six weeks before Christmas it worked out to be and there was nothing I could do. He said, no, see you later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think that was legal.
Speaker 3: No, I think he can be made it.
Speaker 5: But can't you I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could they do that? I don't know.
Speaker 11: I talked to a lawyer, but then I thought I just maybe.
Speaker 2: Just take the cash and run.
Speaker 1: That's the thing though. They play on that. They go, are you really going to spend the money in the time and chase me?
Speaker 2: That is a horrible boss.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you can't.
Speaker 3: Making a redundant non attorneys.
Speaker 1: In the baby bubble when everything's great.
Speaker 4: On Melbourne Cup Day too, yeah, day for celebration exactly.
Speaker 3: And then on Christmas Day was the last day.
Speaker 1: Please do it? On the Wednesday and at least.
Speaker 4: Get to pay out before Christmas so you can spend the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's to.
Speaker 1: Shock up when it happened on the Monday, because no one rocks up to work on the Monday before coming.
Speaker 2: Friday is a big sacking day, isn't it generally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Friday Thursday these days because no one goes in to be Thursday would be fine.
Speaker 1: The radio station worked out in New Zealand. They built the HR office in the corner of the building and the meeting room had two doors. One you'd walk in like from the office, and then there was a street door.
Speaker 3: I think, oh streak, so like after.
Speaker 1: From Yeah, so it's like okay, well we're letting you go and then youboard box.
Speaker 3: But it's more like you don't want to walk past exactly.
Speaker 1: I think I'd be happy to go.
Speaker 3: I don't want to imagine if it was in this back corner all the way through that just a sympathy app Remember when we got the boot.
Speaker 4: Remember when we got the boot and Clinton I snuck out the side door had a car waiting for us, and you went out the front door carrying your box and belonging, and the photographers looking sad with all your things.
Speaker 1: Hung over in the same clothes as the day before.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you had no car you could drive, so you had to get in an uber and you had your box of.
Speaker 2: All No no, no, it wasn't a box of his things. It was a box of freebies and then sent in from promotion.
Speaker 3: You'd clean out the promo on the.
Speaker 1: Way out and drive out in the promo car. You know. Just watching the footage of Tottenham winning. I love the energy of soccer fans.
Speaker 3: Especially you behave themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like no flares, you know, but just in Europe.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: But it's also like you have to sit in separate sections. There's no they don't all sit together, you sit on there's no.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, It's like the state of Origin with everyone in the blue wigs.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny when when I went to a Premier League game in London, we were actually escorted out as in the fans of the team that I supported, So we had to wait until all the home fans had cleared out and the police would basically line yeah, wind us up and then walk us out to the train station where we get on the train and leave.
Speaker 1: And crowd wise and no one here as big as a FL crowds.
Speaker 4: The stadiums aren't as they're all sold out. I went to see tottenhamat Auston Villa.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sixty thousand there it would be crowds still and they sell out.
Speaker 4: Got some merchs aston Villa though, I think it was their home game, and it was like, this is where you're sitting, This is so you must.
Speaker 1: You'd almost want to keep a spare scuff in your pocket just so you can beat the crowds. You know, change teams just so the crops.
Speaker 4: You're so passionate you'd never changed teams. That's like you'd have no friends.
Speaker 2: Hey, congratulations to Ange Pasta Coago, a Melbourne boy former soccer as coach who has done what he said he would do and win a trophy in his second year with I might get fired now though.
Speaker 8: I'm James and I'm a competitive eater. Let's see from the expert.
Speaker 1: So today we have a professional.
Speaker 2: Eater, you know, something close to our heart. We love eating and this guy really loves eating. He's not just an eater. He is Australia's number one ranked competitive eater if you don't mind. And he joins us from Dallas, Texas in America, America. James Web, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, thanks for having so let me So, you're an Aussie, but you're in America.
Speaker 2: That's correct because everything's bigger in Texas.
Speaker 1: So you're only over there to do these competitive eating challengeses you. You're technically making a career out of it.
Speaker 8: Competitive eating is my life.
Speaker 3: You're right, there is a future for you after eating.
Speaker 1: Nobody's so lean. Look at him, my face storm, he's lean.
Speaker 8: No, I wear a baggy T shirt and bag your clothes to hide there, oh belly?
Speaker 3: How does one become a eating expert?
Speaker 8: Look?
Speaker 12: To be honest, this started off as a complete joke, just something for fun. But in America they find a way to turn everything into a sport. And like every other sport, it's a sport. We do sponsored events twenty times a year. That my last three events have been on national TV. We compete on ESPN.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it's a sport.
Speaker 1: So and then how are you getting coin out of it? How are you making a living?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 8: US dollars is pretty nice.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of prize money, a lot of sponsorships, endorsement deals. Obviously, I create social media content in my days off. So yeah, I've got a pretty pretty good following. That kind of you know, gets me paid pretty well.
Speaker 3: And so you've got sponsors to eat. So who's sponsoring you?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 8: Last year sports Bet sponsored me for the Nathans Contest.
Speaker 2: Of course, how can we go back to the start? When did you when? When did you figure out that you were a good or a big eater?
Speaker 12: Well, I guess if you want to really go back, I was a fat kid growing up. I've got a ethnic mother, great chef, master master chef, brilliant cook. So I always grew up with food in abundance, and I probably had man boobs until I was about sixteen and then so like, I always loved my food, always loved my food. And then being a semi professional soccer player, I was always a decent eater because like, obviously you're training like a maniacid eat. And then when I found bodybuilding and really got into bodybuilding, food is life. You know, probably you obsess a little bit too much over food, but you know, with with like everything, food is fun and food was always my fun. I wasn't really into partying. I would be like to my missus. That's like, who's now my wife? Obviously, it's like let's go out for dinner, like where we're going to eat this weekend, like I'll be researching.
Speaker 8: Like bass right, And then to be honest, when I.
Speaker 12: Did this food challenge, that was her, that was completely her fault. She got me into this.
Speaker 1: What was the first one you did?
Speaker 8: So the Cartoon Hotel in Cesnok. Basically, my wife bribed me to go to the Hunter Valley for a weekend because I don't drink.
Speaker 12: She wanted to do the whole cheese wine tasting, like cute, boozy day out. So to bribe me, she planned like a whole day trip of eating so I would be fat and happy before we got it to the wineries smart we stopped at the Cartoon Hotel for lunch and they had at the time I didn't know this, but Australia's biggest burger challenge and no one had ever completed it, like ten years deep. I'm like five kilos of burger and one five hundred grams of wedges and five hundred grams of onion rings.
Speaker 2: Oh my, that's food.
Speaker 8: That's big, and I'm like I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Hey, James, have you ever been to Massive Wieners in fitz Roy? Sorry, well, there's a shop, there's a hot dog shop in Fitzroy here in Melbourne called Massive Ween and you used to be able to. You had to eat a twenty five inch dog within five minutes and then they'd put your polaroid on the wall as like it. Nor have you done that one yet? The Massive Wieners Championship.
Speaker 8: I have not done that, but it seems like a challenge.
Speaker 3: Next time you're home.
Speaker 2: So seven world records? What world records do you hold right now?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: Actually make that eight? I just broke one on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Stop, what's your latest record?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 12: I did twenty four seven ounce pulled pork sandwiches in ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Twenty four I hate pulled pork.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not smoke meats. Your don't tasted. Run through the other one. What was the other world records?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 12: So I've got fifty three Texas smoke sausages in minutes?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 8: Fifty three minutes?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 8: I've got thirteen and a half pound of chocolate fudge in.
Speaker 3: Eight minutes that I could get around it?
Speaker 2: Does dessert too? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 12: My other world records are three hundred and fifty six donut holes.
Speaker 8: In eight minutes.
Speaker 4: You could get around that one. I could take you there, Bud, do you do the donuts.
Speaker 12: And then seventy original glazed donuts in eight minutes?
Speaker 1: Like hang on, seventy seven zero yeah in eight minutes.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So in America there's a brand called Bakemark. They're like super famous. They basically make all the donut mix for like everywhere that makes donuts distributed donut mixture. Right, so Bakemark. A Bakemark donut is four ounces, So four ounces is about one hundred and fifty gram so maybe double the size of a Christo Kreme donuts done?
Speaker 3: Right, So you're eating seventy donuts in eight minutes?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 3: Do you chew or did you just shove it out?
Speaker 8: How do I answer this nicely?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: Look to be honest, it's like you have to minimize chewing because.
Speaker 12: The more you're kind of so you're using your teeth to break off the food like in your mouth, Like you get the food like say you don'nut, you use your teeth to break it off, and then you use your tongue to like mash it and then you're kind of swallowing as efficiently as possible.
Speaker 2: Hey, James, can you open your God give us look at how big your mouth is. It's a big man.
Speaker 3: What's your proudest record?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 12: Look, To be honest, So, I don't know if you guys know much about competitive eating, but the goat of competitive eating is Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 4: And what a cute name is such an aggressive Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 12: Joey Chestnut is the goat all time, best ever competitive eater. And I beat him in a contest and I broke the world record of two and seventy It was good.
Speaker 8: It was honestly, it was one of the highlights of our life. To be honest, what.
Speaker 12: Was It's a record to two hundred and seventy eight buffalo wings in twelve minutes?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, hang on, I got ag that.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seventy eight wings in twelve.
Speaker 4: Minutes, seventy eight by twelve? How does twenty three a minute?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 2: How does that leave on you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What helpens to your guts? And this is more a generic question about how your digestive system works.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not to vomit after that?
Speaker 8: Like you nothing can leave your body. Nothing can leave your body back or front for how long? Well, so after a contest.
Speaker 12: Normally you're on stage for about fifteen or twenty minutes after a contest. You know by the time they do presentations and whatever else, right.
Speaker 2: And fluid during the presentation.
Speaker 1: These are warbling.
Speaker 3: I trust me, Like I could stand up for fifteen minutes after having seventy doughnuts or fifty three six.
Speaker 12: So going back to going back to the sporting aspect on on the weekend, I did two hours of media straight after my contest.
Speaker 8: I didn't even get to wipe my face. And what did you just using photos?
Speaker 3: What did you just down at that point?
Speaker 8: Twenty four pulled pork sanwiches.
Speaker 1: It's bloating.
Speaker 3: Jesus, how are you so lean?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 1: How do you get rid of it at the gym?
Speaker 8: Personally? Thank you? I look too.
Speaker 12: To be honest, I'm not saying I'm fat, but look if you saw me three years ago, I was shredded. I was four percent body fat. I was ripped from head to toe. Now I'm I like to call it fluffy. My wife calls it fluffy.
Speaker 8: Look. To be honest, I spent a lot of time in the gym. I love the gym. I love to train. The truth is, you're never going to out train this crazy lifestyle I live. So the fact is stameless plug. I'm sponsored by my Mascle Chef.
Speaker 12: So when I come back to Australia after contest season, I diet hard.
Speaker 4: I trained seventeen of those even I'm hungry after one of those.
Speaker 12: In my off season's it's more about getting back into shape too.
Speaker 8: Well. Truthfully, it's contest season now right.
Speaker 12: I got a contest every other weekend until September now and last year this time last year, like after September October, I came back to Australia, I.
Speaker 8: Was thirty kilos heavier.
Speaker 12: So I have to get back into shape for the next contest season, which starts in January.
Speaker 1: James, what's the one food that you you find it the hardest to get thrown down quickly?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 12: So, look, this month has been a tough one, to be honest. Look, the toughest food is the food you don't like. That's the easiest way to answer it. But in America they have foods. Okay, last week I did the Boloney contest, right, So Boloney is like think of like microwaved devon the bottom of the barrel kind of stuff, smoke with some kind of weird sauce.
Speaker 8: I did eleven and.
Speaker 3: A half poundt didn't win.
Speaker 8: I came second.
Speaker 2: James without you reON, how do you reckon? You'd go with vanilla slices?
Speaker 8: Sign me up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sign me up bringing the vanilla slices?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What what tips would you give for someone like you?
Speaker 3: Two can raise?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing it. I've got ibs.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling this.
Speaker 4: I'm going to no sugar. We got no No, We're going to see so long it takes you to eight three?
Speaker 2: James, what advice do you have for Jason? As he contemplates his vanilla slice eating competition?
Speaker 1: What a messy food?
Speaker 8: How big is the vanilla slice?
Speaker 3: That's not that's even big to get your gob around?
Speaker 12: So I would recommend turning it on the side, because if you just bite straight down like it's going to go everywhere.
Speaker 3: Don't even straight down.
Speaker 2: We'll keep talking to come on. Your time starts.
Speaker 4: Now, let's see how long it's I'm not going to just one Okay, you ready.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be sick.
Speaker 8: Then you don't wink.
Speaker 4: Hang on to stop watch time starts now, James, what do you expect me?
Speaker 3: I reckon? It's pretty quite horrific to watch you.
Speaker 2: Go to push it down with his tongue.
Speaker 1: Remember advice.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you's doing wrong time.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, James, Jason's got a really small little mouth. Keep going, comedy, keep going.
Speaker 8: To give this amount of glass of water?
Speaker 3: Are you allowed to drink water? And you're eating contexts?
Speaker 8: You're allowed to drink anything that's non alcohol.
Speaker 1: It's good, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Big boy?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But what would you go for? Something smooth?
Speaker 8: So definitely just finish it?
Speaker 12: Mate for sugar free cranberry juice most of the time, or sugar free power something.
Speaker 4: Forty seconds and Jason's throwing the towel in. Oh you've got it all over your face. It's a messy food. The vanilla last year. Hey, James, Now you said your mom's a good cook. Yes, what's his signature? How much of it would you just eat casually when you have dinner at mum's house?
Speaker 12: Oh that's look look coming from a Croatian household. When mama cooks, she cooks for a village. So like to be honest, we've never had a shortage of food. It's not about how much he needs to cave.
Speaker 3: Thinking like would you eat if you're just going to family dinner, are you eating a ridiculous amount or do you just eat a normal amount of food like everyone else at a normal dinner.
Speaker 12: Look, I can I can be sensible. I can be like, look, whatever's on my plate. I can happily be cool with that and walk away and be cool and you're wrong. I'm not like a Gannet where I'm like, where's the food?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 12: I can control myself. I can be civilized that, you know, depending on the setting. However, the other side of it is like, okay, so my family, you're actually small eaters.
Speaker 8: But so growing up always.
Speaker 12: It's like my dad would finish his meal, Hey James, finish this. My mom will be like, oh, you know, I don't really want the rest of my steak finished this, So like a big eater garbage disposal man, Like I just get food handed to me. So when I'm a family occasion like saying my grandma's full, my brother's full, whatever, they kind of and my wife's worse at this. They just slide it in front of me. So I'm just like Jame pwn.
Speaker 8: Whatever's there?
Speaker 1: James, do you have a hooon on the old Sissler buffet? Back in the day you would have been great at.
Speaker 12: In America, you can go to this place called Golden Corral. It costs you twelve dollars, unlimited soda and unlimited food. It is like Sisler, and they.
Speaker 1: Would hate you when they see you coming.
Speaker 8: Finally enough they don't. They don't mind.
Speaker 12: They think it's hilarious because don't forget in America, owners aren't around.
Speaker 8: They're all workers, right. They think it's hilarious, like.
Speaker 12: Putting away plates, right. And the thing is as well, I'm not about wastage. If I take food, I eat it. I don't take and then leave it, you know what I mean. So I'm very against food wastage. So when people see what is this go eating that he's actually eating it, they think it's actually hilarious.
Speaker 3: Hey, James, have you ever pushed yourself too far?
Speaker 1: I was just thinking what happened because I almost checked on the vine.
Speaker 12: So look, I've actually been disqualified. I actually got disqualified for my first Emma contest last year.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 12: I would have broken the world record for Tamali's. I did ninety six Tomali's in ten minutes. But I had food. I had literally tamali and it came out of my nose and so you.
Speaker 4: Got disqualified because it came out of your Yes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like a chunk of tamali like think of like a piece of corn, like an on a piece of corn.
Speaker 8: It like out of my nose.
Speaker 3: And so Tomali's like a corn dog.
Speaker 2: Isn't it.
Speaker 12: Tamali's is like it's called it's called like a husk. It's like it's kind of like a like a mince n music. I think, yeah, And it's it's got a bit of a bit of tang, a lot of paprika, turmeric, you know, a lot of spices.
Speaker 8: That was That was not pretty, James.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done a chicken nugget eating challenge?
Speaker 8: I have?
Speaker 12: Last year I came second in the Wendy' nuggets contest. I did and two hundred and seven in eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Did you raw dog them? Or did you have sauce?
Speaker 8: You don't have time for salt, so you just use your sugar far.
Speaker 3: So how did just quickly? How does it work right?
Speaker 4: If you're doing the chicken nugget eating contest. It's like you've got a certain amount you've got to get through, and it's how quickly you can do it or is there a time and then you say how many you get through?
Speaker 12: Well in a contest, right, because you're eating against others. So what they do is they late up. So each plate will have like ten nuggets on it, for example, and they and you have you have your own plate counter, so every time you eat a plate, they'll ref for your table. And yeah, so normally any contest go between eight and twelve minutes on the contest, right, So then at the end of like ten minutes or whatever, they'll pount how many plates you've got or how many plates you've eaten. And then you know you have a stack in some view of plates that you've eaten and they just count them.
Speaker 8: Man, obviously they know this.
Speaker 12: Ten nuggets per bowl, twenty bowls, that's two hundred nuggets whatever.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, look, you can check him out online. Jwebycneat dot com.
Speaker 3: Great website, you know it.
Speaker 1: Great website, Australia's number one competitive eater and our guests this morning for the the experts, James, when you come back to Australia swing past the studio. We should we should try and take him on.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh no, we won't take you on.
Speaker 8: But we three of you versus me.
Speaker 1: Oh, we work as a team.
Speaker 3: No hope, we can get him with nuggets.
Speaker 4: Let me remind you fifty three smoked sausages, seventy donuts in eight minutes.
Speaker 3: You reckon, you can still beat him.
Speaker 1: I reckon. If we work together, we could take him.
Speaker 3: Maybe the whole team, the whole team, production and all verse.
Speaker 1: James, you're up for it?
Speaker 8: Sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 12: Let's go as long as as long as we get the cameras out so when I beat.
Speaker 8: You, this push.
Speaker 1: James this morning. Hey, thanks to being a part of the experts.
Speaker 3: James, Thanks James, thanks for having you guys.
Speaker 8: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: You're on the air with so Lauren clint here as well. You hit no Pens parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am well inadvertently, Jace. My Saturday ritual, which is spent in Sydney, is to finish the week in Today Show and then booking for a sauna like a Swedish style sauna.
Speaker 3: And cold plunge Swedish.
Speaker 2: Well, it's you more, it's your traditional sauna you know, no, not an infrared traditional you know, hot coals wore the water on it.
Speaker 3: Are you in your like a big one, a commit yeah? How many people could fit having?
Speaker 2: I want to say about twenty?
Speaker 3: Is it like a wow, that's big.
Speaker 2: It's like a bath house. But that's all they do. Sauna cold plunch, sauna cold plunch, saun a cold plunch. You do it three times, fifteen minutes, three minutes and then minutes in the Yeah. Yeah, it's about five degrees and then I've had enough. It's funny because by the third minute you start to feel a little bit woozy.
Speaker 3: Well then yeah, so there's no hot plunge.
Speaker 2: After that, no spa schedule cold.
Speaker 3: So people do sauna cold plunge, hot bath, then back.
Speaker 2: Into the yeah they do too. Yeah, yeah, no, I just have a little quick shadow, quick shower. So that's really my Saturday morning, like it's it's tradition. It's everything I do every weekend. So when I went to book in, because you've got a book in and it said full for two hours right at the time. When I go, I was thrown like, there's my schedule out the window?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what day?
Speaker 2: I usually book on the Friday, but I've booked on the Saturday morning, which is usually fine. It's actually usually fine.
Speaker 3: So I was like, surely it's not full two hours people are normally exactly.
Speaker 2: Surely it's not full, Lauren, I thought to myself. So I thought, I'll just go for a walk. So I walked from the hotel up and I thought, I'll just see if there's any room.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's an error on the booking.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's an error. Maybe they could squeeze me in. So I get there at reception.
Speaker 3: Maybe someone's canceled, and I.
Speaker 2: Said, hey, like, I've actually booked into for twelve forty five, but I'm here a bit earlier because I thought, you know, maybe it's not full. They said it's full, it's jam packed. Like why is it jam packed? We've got a private booking, And I'm like a private booking who books who books out a sauna house or a bath house for two hours? I picked around and I was like, oh, my goodness, gracious, there is just a sea of women in there. What are we private booking?
Speaker 3: And she goes, it's a hens Oh, I'm here for the hens.
Speaker 2: On the pool guy. The pool that is a hens and the hens are fit.
Speaker 3: Did they have changed in their water bottles?
Speaker 2: I should have said I was the entertainment straws my question anyway, but I was there.
Speaker 4: I think it's a new thing that this wellness thing, like the wellness Hens party.
Speaker 3: Remember I went to the wellness birthday party.
Speaker 1: That's right. They were going shot shots.
Speaker 3: But it was a little grass.
Speaker 2: This is what did you do? You did like witness.
Speaker 4: Fitness and dance dance class and green juices in your leggings. Wow, this is I tended up with champagne and tequila. Was like, this is a joke, right, and.
Speaker 2: They were like, no, in your two times you drink bottle.
Speaker 3: It's a wellness party.
Speaker 2: So chicks, I guess guys would do it as well. But chicks are having sort of like wellness parties or fitness parties.
Speaker 3: It was a wellness birthday.
Speaker 1: Okay. Did they go one after that? Do you know?
Speaker 2: That's the thing. So there's these little.
Speaker 3: So you reckon they're dehydrating to rehydrating.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly it. As I was in the sauna, the girl get in the sawn with the girl.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They'd finished the end of their session.
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yes, they were at the they were at the hair station, the glam station, doing their hair there, putting their bride to Bee.
Speaker 3: And you know, sash on and they were getting the.
Speaker 2: Get out of there to King's Cross, weren't they. You King's Cross just did the night spots at what time?
Speaker 3: Eleven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: They've started early.
Speaker 3: Start early, start early, finish earlier quite like now.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the finish early, but I love the start earl Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm telling you people doing wellness, birthday parties, wellness buddies.
Speaker 3: It's all about wellness these days. Although I cheated at the Wellness Bardy on Saturday, I live a little.
Speaker 1: At two o'clock I saw a video actually online of a striper fire truck in Sydney pulling up at a pub and like the fire is going in to rescue the hen and truck. No, it's like a it's a fire truck and they've hollowed out the middle and they've put like a giant couch in there and poles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a well No, that's.
Speaker 1: Definitely not a wellness who's stripping for?
Speaker 12: Who?
Speaker 1: The fireman are stripping for the hen f Well, you never know, I mean, you know, could the outfit.
Speaker 4: You know, I've hired a few fu fire and in my time, and I wouldn't trust any of them to put a fire out.
Speaker 1: Let's say to next guest.
Speaker 2: Some would say our next guest did pretty well at the recent Paris Olympics.
Speaker 8: Compet Golden the four hundred.
Speaker 14: Meters freestyle, gold in the freestyle, wherever in the two hundred meter freestyle and s eight hundred meter freestyle.
Speaker 3: Is it a shark, Is it a torpedo? Nope, it's Olympics champion Harriot in.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 5: Morning, Hey having me guys.
Speaker 1: Have we lost the metals?
Speaker 5: Still got them?
Speaker 1: Right? Okay?
Speaker 4: Somewhere locked away somewhere? Have you got them in some beautiful display cabinet?
Speaker 5: They are installed their socks.
Speaker 3: In a little bag, tucked away somewhere somewhere. How often do you pull them in?
Speaker 5: Only about two weeks ago I actually pulled out all eight Olympic medals and looked at them for the first time together altogether.
Speaker 4: You just looked at them like just in a moment on a road for like an event to just.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you think of when you stare at those gold ones, especially, I don't know what am I going to melt them down to?
Speaker 1: What's the jewelry?
Speaker 2: Can I make out of these things?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The little eight year old Arnie, Yeah, she'd be like, wow.
Speaker 3: God, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I guess now that that you've had that time to decompress from the high of the Olympics, did it take a long time to sort of kick in what you'd actually achieved, taking you a minute to step away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's part of the reason why I've taken the break, just to let it all sink in and live life and just do things that I've never got to be able to do. I've had a glass of wine with my mum and dad for dinner for the first time in my whole life, just because Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's so listen and so Has it made you want to get back in the water, or has it made you just enjoy this time so much you're looking at all the things you feel like you've missed out.
Speaker 5: It's both. It's I miss the routine, I miss being so well trained in something, and I miss working with my coach every day. But I also do like being free a little bit. It's been nice.
Speaker 2: We had a few champagnes at the Melbourne Cap, didn't we with your old man Steve.
Speaker 5: He loves it.
Speaker 4: I'd be loving the circuit. You can work and they can drink champagne.
Speaker 2: Steve's a news reader in Brisbane there, Yeah, verys on what.
Speaker 5: Station seven seven there. We're competitors, but we've.
Speaker 2: Snatched Arnie at nine Yeah Stable.
Speaker 1: I'm still going to clear who runs the swimming pool where the kids go for training. The other day down in Sandy and she was saying because she does laps. I didn't know you could even get these. There's waterproof headphones you can get.
Speaker 3: There is now that was not back in No, like when I was doing swimming squad.
Speaker 1: When you train, like would you train with headphones in listening to music?
Speaker 5: We were only allowed on the really easy sessions and we could put them in if we're going long and easy for like five k straight, which is so boring, but not for the.
Speaker 2: You got your coach barking orders from the from the side of the pool. Oh yeah, he loves it, doesn't he.
Speaker 3: And you say you miss him, he must miss you.
Speaker 5: Yeah he Actually I hadn't heard of him for a couple of weeks and I got this random message out of the blue a couple of days ago because my squad's in Thailand, and he goes, Arnie, I really miss you.
Speaker 3: So do you think you'll go back?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I'll go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, LA twenty eight Yeah, not.
Speaker 3: That far away?
Speaker 4: Three is Yeah, but like, what do you reckon? I mean, you're the best in the world, what do you how much?
Speaker 2: Six times?
Speaker 3: Couple weeks before a couple of weeks weeks we go the flippers on.
Speaker 5: No, I have to go back in soon, but.
Speaker 3: You would need to make a decision soonish right, Yeah, or have you made that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to go back.
Speaker 3: She's back, She's bad, focused even I got good.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we speak about the great campaign you're in here to support Astralia made the Enhanced Games GET launched today in Vegas. James Madison, who is a former Australian. Yeah, the Juice Up game just makes me. Yeah sick.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just for anybody who doesn't know.
Speaker 2: It's basically you can be on steroids any you can. You can for instance, swim, you can whatever sport is your sport. You can be juiced up, so you can take that. It's effectively whoever the best of the juice up athletes.
Speaker 3: Is there anything banned from it? Or it's whatever you can do.
Speaker 2: I believe it's sort of you know what.
Speaker 1: I think it's fair.
Speaker 2: It's not fair, but it's you know, no rules. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually saw this morning that I've never heard of this guy in my life, but he broke the men's fifty meter freestyle world record juiced up, and I was looking at it on my phone. I was just this is a bit of a kick in the bump to any athlete who's ever worked their whole life to train. I mean everyone's you know, obviously able to have their own opinion. But I don't like it.
Speaker 2: To make you feel sick though, because you know, you work your tail off, you know, most of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we have to go through so many processes to be clean, you know, all the whereabouts, the drug testing, saying where we sleep every night for the drug testers to arrive. You've got to do so much to make sure you're clean. It's just I don't know a bit of a but even.
Speaker 3: If they're going to do it, they shouldn't be allowed to compare it to a men's world record because they haven't broken the men's world record because it's just a completely different ball, different sport.
Speaker 1: I imagine the swimming community be quite tight. I also imagine his name with Maggie. Yeah, Magnuson's name would be a bit in the community at the moment.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I don't feel like we've spoken about it too much to be honest, but I think most people would be of the same opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Let's celebrate all things green and gold when it comes to clean athletes.
Speaker 3: So what are you doing ambassador for Australian made, which is a little green and gold tag we see.
Speaker 1: On looks for the kangaroo.
Speaker 5: They say, yeah, so, I think it's really important we buy Australian made. People don't realize. I think the impact that buying Australian maid can have. So each Australian household, for example, was to just spend ten dollars extra on an Australian manufactured product every week, it would inject five point six billion dollars back into the economy and create up to ten thousand jobs. So even if you just change the shopping habits, you can have a massive.
Speaker 4: We are in it in this weird world where people are just buying like fast fashion.
Speaker 1: And cheap stuff off team and all that, and then the minute you need a refund or something fixed, you're waiting weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what sort of products are you talking about that we should be buying?
Speaker 3: Is this like food? Is it? Is it textiles?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 3: Fas?
Speaker 5: I think people make a conscious effort to try and eat Australia and grown and produce food, which is great. But I think a lot of people don't realize which products are made in Australia. So Beconbridge, for example, great, you know women's fashion brand is made here in Australia, which is great if you're living up in Queensland. The insect repellent that's made here or.
Speaker 3: Brand, Well, there's a big debate with ugs, isn't there at the moment? Isn't some American company trademark the name ugg boot? You've got to go.
Speaker 2: Something like that, cheating Americans?
Speaker 3: So how do we know.
Speaker 5: What the little Green and Gold kangaroo?
Speaker 2: So if that's on the.
Speaker 4: Product, fans like becon Bridge aren't doing that. How do you find out is there a website?
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: Beconbridge they don't put it on no, but typically if you look at shopping the supermarket, or I was out of a truck factory on Monday with the Volbo truck Australian made right. I'm here in the market truck here and they've got the kangaroo on the truck.
Speaker 2: Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Did you drive?
Speaker 5: I wasn't allowed to. But the truck was named the Arnie Truck. It's got my name on it.
Speaker 4: What's been the weirdest thing since you've become an Australian icon that's been named after you?
Speaker 1: Got you to open the neatest thing.
Speaker 3: You've had to do, because people would be naming their pets after you.
Speaker 5: Arnie, the Arnie truck would be up. That's not been weird. That's just cool. That's the truck drivers driving around with a truck named after me.
Speaker 3: Yeah on you, yeah, but I love it. I'ay girl, you've got a Quantus plane? No not yet, we'll get you one of those.
Speaker 1: Can we get Reggie from Big Brother left Tasmania? Like you would be the next superstar to come from there.
Speaker 5: But there's keep Ponting and oh yeah, you know all these.
Speaker 4: Quite rooky are You're going to be the number one for the Yes, this is this is.
Speaker 5: A debate because I am hawked through and through. Yeah, so I think the Devils might be my second team.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair enough.
Speaker 4: That mascot they've put out is just looks ridiculous, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't a job, the spotlight job probably Austray made this. What about your Hawks? So you know Nick Watson is on our show every week? Yes, have you got any hard hitting questions for him? We could ask him.
Speaker 5: He's been doing pretty well at the moment. I think he's been carrying the side.
Speaker 3: Collie.
Speaker 2: Are you hanging around to little Man to see the Hawks day in town this week? They are I.
Speaker 5: Won't be there on Saturday, it'll be a TV and we watching.
Speaker 1: It on TV event?
Speaker 2: And are you coming back to work with me during the Melbourne Cup Carnival?
Speaker 5: Well, I hope.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 3: How much money Channel nine has good?
Speaker 1: I get on to Carl to sort that out. Tempest is in the house and look for the green and gold when perch seeing your products to ensure it is Australian made. Hey, thanks for coming in so I was good to see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I'm so excited to hear that you're getting back in the book.
Speaker 1: It is just gone three away. Let's do it every day round eight o'clock will give you the chance to win five thousand dollars. Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: We've been given away cash left front center Alloway's from Sunbury.
Speaker 3: It's your chance.
Speaker 1: Good Wow, you are chosen one.
Speaker 4: You've just come off night shift. I have where where do you work?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you a nurse or no?
Speaker 6: I'm not on earth. I'm an early parenting practitioner.
Speaker 3: So what does that mean? Are you do you like a sleep doctor for babies?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the work.
Speaker 4: You do an angel tell me. But also one of the most in demand people and very very hard to get any secret white noise.
Speaker 6: Not necessarily just picking up on babies queues. You know, they can tell you a lot of things, these little people.
Speaker 1: Yes, back in the nineties it was a little bit of an ergon, yeah, or a bit of a bit of whiskey on the milk.
Speaker 2: On the dummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can't do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Like you go to jail, straight to prison. Do not collect two hundred dollars. All right, alois, let's do it. What are you going to do if you win the five k today.
Speaker 6: My daughter is going to Cambodia on a school trip soon, so she would definitely benefit from some spending money. And I'm doing a little bit of renovations at home.
Speaker 3: So Aloise, you are an angel on earth.
Speaker 4: If my mum won five grand, I'd never know about it, and I'm not goot a cent.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars all right?
Speaker 4: The rules are simple, Alloise. You're going to hear a question and a three to one countdown. You have to answer before that countdown ends. If you are correct, five thousand dollars coming your way, good luck.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: What is the address of Harry Potter's house in the first film? Three one? Now, I'm not a hurry I'm not a hurry Potter person.
Speaker 1: Nor private drive. I've never seen one of them.
Speaker 4: Apparently you're a hurry Potter person. That's everyone.
Speaker 2: Isn't there some six and three quarters or something?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've never seen, never seen any of them. I never read it, never seen.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it?
Speaker 3: What station?
Speaker 1: You know where they get the train to the Have you seen everyone lined up overseas? You can't go through the wall.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything. About Harry Sea.
Speaker 1: You do the mona Lisa.
Speaker 4: Alise Quarter, No hurry, reporters, Hey Alloise.
Speaker 1: We've got to check your something.
Speaker 4: How you've just come off night shift of making other people's babies sleep.
Speaker 3: You deserve something.
Speaker 1: How about I turned it on a corgan vouchack. Come on your way.
Speaker 10: That's amazing. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You guys new for the reno exactly.
Speaker 1: Cargan dot com helps you get what you want for less. That is clicking. Awesome. How a great day though, thank you. I'm going with dal Remember yesterday I called someone hand?
Speaker 3: She was I thought you said, Dale?
Speaker 1: Hey, dark? Would you?
Speaker 2: He called the nineteen year old?
Speaker 3: How are you hands better? Isn't it your hand? I'm not a hand?
Speaker 2: How old are you changed?
Speaker 3: I've gone, darls acceptable, Thank you at any just gone.
Speaker 4: I'm sweetiest, not sweetie. Don't be throwing out sweetish.
Speaker 1: Big game tonight in Geelong.
Speaker 4: I know it's the rivalry match with the cats and the dogs.
Speaker 3: It's the cat doll.
Speaker 2: JN Babe was born in the cause a little stir no blue butter, no frog. With the beline game, little cat dog.
Speaker 1: They really should play.
Speaker 3: It the dogs. I know if it's a drawer. They could play it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yes, Bailey Smith is playing for the first time for the Cats again to the Doggies.
Speaker 1: Be fun just watching the first couple of minutes. Reckon, Yeah, he's going to come out for my MoMA's on the Cats tonight.
Speaker 3: Cat Isy am of the Cats, Catter Cats.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's just gone eighteen past day coming up next?
Speaker 4: Was he well, one of the most famous couples in the world. I would say, Hailey Biber and Justin Bieber, and there's been all eyes on them recently, not always for good reasons. But Hailey yesterday, I think, in an interview, announced how she won over Justin Bieber. I mean, I know, I'm happy. I won't try it, but I want to know if anyone else has tried it.
Speaker 1: We'll go the next.
Speaker 3: Guys. I don't know if you saw it.
Speaker 4: It went online yesterday, Hailey Bieber and Justin Bieber. Would you say when they're one of the most famous couples in the world and Justin's but we're all a bit worried about Justin at the moment.
Speaker 1: You've seen the footage of their meeting back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when she was a fan of his he was like peak.
Speaker 1: Baby Stephen Baldwin, her dad introducing this is my daughter justin this is my daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so weird. So they met when they were little bit I don't think they stayed in touch then. She was just a fan of the bee.
Speaker 2: They've got one kid, yes they do.
Speaker 4: And he's looking okay, I'm a bit worried about. And he's wearing those baggy pants that my brother used to wear in the nine Happy Pants, Like he's my brother bosed to wear them with like them, but Simpson silky boxer shorts hang out and.
Speaker 2: The jeans hung so Brodie wears the same.
Speaker 4: He'd have to pull them up when he walks. And that's what Bebes is doing currently, Like small.
Speaker 1: Bit just sloppy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Hailey Bebo was doing this thing on Vogue that they do with celebrities where they ask what's in your hands?
Speaker 1: Bad? Are you?
Speaker 4: And she pulled out she said she's got Road the beauty products. She's like, I've always got a couple of Road lip glosses. And she pulled out about fifteen and she pulled out like some Marrian.
Speaker 1: Yes, her company the flavor.
Speaker 2: Like Kwa Fruit and get.
Speaker 3: The min Australia.
Speaker 4: You've got to do some drop shipping things to try and get them here, but people do it. Did you have seven phones in her bag? Seven phones?
Speaker 3: Come on, that's really what she doing with.
Speaker 1: BlackBerry blackberries are so coold.
Speaker 3: That was so cool. She also had she had some hand cream and she had this kooky kind of potion thing. Have listened.
Speaker 14: This is a little tincture potion that I got. I would say probably when I was around twelve. My dad flew me to go meet with this witch who lived in the mountains and she made this specifically for me. She told me that it would make a young Canadian pop star. So yeah, I've been taking this one for years.
Speaker 3: Absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: So Quinton and I are a bit woo woo right like your little eyes just lit up when she s Dad centered to.
Speaker 2: The witch which said you're going to meet a Canadian pop star, and here she is.
Speaker 4: She's just made that up so that we talk about the road, the road lip glossts.
Speaker 1: Anythink Justin did feel hearing that.
Speaker 2: He'd love it.
Speaker 3: He's married to Hailey Biber, he's done, he'd.
Speaker 1: Be he's done great, but I've just done.
Speaker 4: I think he'd be like, thank god you took the potion. Did you see on her birthday?
Speaker 3: I think recently?
Speaker 4: And he he got this Mexican mariachi band to turn up and they had margaritas and Mexicans in their backyard. But there was like these eight guys playing guitars and drums and singing, and she was so embarrassed, so embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I love I love that. Are we talking, No, we're talking.
Speaker 4: Had to win someone over? Have you ever done anything? But we can talk to do two topic Thursdays. What's the most woo woo thing you've done? Or did you have to do something to win someone over? Like I had a friend that went to the football she absolutely hates.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: She was trying to impress. This guy invited her and she was like, yeah, we didn't invite her. He said, well you beat the game, and she was like.
Speaker 1: Love the game.
Speaker 2: I'll bet the of course I'll be at the game.
Speaker 3: I'll beat the game, will be the Yeah, yeah, yes, we have to get her guest putti. She's a member. The whole thing. She did like three weekends in a row just to bump into him. They stood together, No, but theed worked for a while.
Speaker 2: They you know what, because she didn't take the potient.
Speaker 4: She needed the patient, all right? Thirteen twenty four ten. Have you done something rogue to win someone over? Or maybe you took up tap dancing classes because someone you liked was tap dancing classes?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you after the break. You're gonna have an absolute field. Did you take the potient? I should have taken the post. It would have been easier than what I did to try and impress someone. You are going to have an absolute field with this. We'll get to that. Take your call.
Speaker 3: Twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: Did you do something rogue to win someone over? Or because it's two topic Thursday, how woo woo are you? It's the most woo woo thing you've done?
Speaker 3: A witch that you see witch chat witch chat.
Speaker 1: In return, I got double passes to the A League Finals and Lego packs up for grabs here at over thirteen and twenty four ten to join the show. Thurd Ay twenty four ten. What did you do to try and impress someone? What there?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: There was a girl I was trying to impress. I knew what time she finished work, so I would park my car near there and just happen to finish my nightly run. Isn't that she was coming out?
Speaker 4: No, I don't reckon you. The only person my friend worked at Chadston a country road. Oh yep, and this boy would sit out on her shifts.
Speaker 3: He'd wait out the front. Oh well, I wasn't like, do you have a coffee for it? Every time she finished?
Speaker 1: I see, that's why that's nice. No, I would try and sort of just jog into the car park like she was walking out, like finishys?
Speaker 3: Oh what you pretended you were jogging?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: That's a bit.
Speaker 4: She would have seen straight through that it didn't work. Thirteen twenty fourteen. What did you do to to try and impress someone or win them over?
Speaker 1: I think waiting in the car park in the cover of darkness with a coffee is a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's entrapment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, much work better for you than the fake run, though.
Speaker 1: What have you done to impress someone?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is it? Did you pretend?
Speaker 4: You pretend you like the rugby and you and every week for a year until you confess that you actually didn't you just trying to win someone.
Speaker 1: If someone told you, like say if your fiance Paul was like, hey, you know what, I hate the footing. I've just been doing it for the last few years to impress you.
Speaker 4: I would laugh so much. He said to me the other day. Actually, I made him a cup of English.
Speaker 3: Breakfast tea, and we often drink tea at night like an old couple.
Speaker 4: And just out of the blue. We've been together, no loves tea. We've been together for five and a half years, and out of the blue, he goes, I hate the way you make my tea.
Speaker 1: And I was.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, and he goes, I just hate the way you make the tea. I said, we've been together doing this for five and a half years, and he said, I know. I just never wanted to mention it.
Speaker 1: Just tea bagging yet hot water? How can you stop?
Speaker 3: I keep the tea bag in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I hate the way you make tea too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he reckons then it's too strong, and I don't know. There were many issues. When I really broke it down, I was like.
Speaker 1: You leave anywhere you're drinking.
Speaker 4: Five years you've been pretending that you like the way I make tea, so you.
Speaker 1: Know what you got to wonder? Now, God, what else does he sitting on.
Speaker 4: I'm never going to do anything for him again. You can make it himself. I was like, no problem, You're on tea duty for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Let's go to safety bait. Rebecca, good morning, Good morning. What would you do to impress a guy I turned vegan?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm not a friend who did this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Horrible?
Speaker 3: And what did you end the veganism? Or did you break up? I?
Speaker 11: Well, I did bored pretty much.
Speaker 13: I started eating hamburgers and everything.
Speaker 1: Now did he did he know that you weren't a vegan?
Speaker 9: And no, I pretended I wasn't at the beginning.
Speaker 3: I know someone that did that for two years.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was done.
Speaker 4: And what did he say when you started eating hamburgers?
Speaker 6: Slightly horrified and pretty much ended it there?
Speaker 3: Did you have a hamburger and say, this is my first time ever tasting.
Speaker 8: A man and it was delicious? Oh?
Speaker 1: You know what they did the dirt on you. You'd make a big thing of it, just unwrapping a big mac saying this is where we.
Speaker 4: Don't make don't make the cows problem. But after six months of eating like corn burgers, imagine how good a hamburger would have been.
Speaker 1: Georgia is in Brighton. Hello Georgia, good morning.
Speaker 3: What were the things you did to try and win someone over or impress them?
Speaker 9: Well, I've did multiple things for this person. Two things. The first one he told me that he really liked Peaky Blinders and that he was watching the whole series, and I was like, oh my god, I love Peaky Blinders.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 9: No, So then he would show me, like a Sam Chat was watching them one back. I ended up watching the whole entire season and I hated every moment of it. So when we caught up, I could be like yeah, and like that guy died and then that happened and it was awful. And then the second thing I did another thing for this guy. We're not together now. He told me he liked a Vicci and I was like, oh my god, I love a Vecci too, and he's like, are you going to his concert? And I was like, yeah, tickets as well, So I bought tickets to that. I ended up going to the concert and he pulled out that to sit through the whole concert at the time. But anyways, I'm glad I did it.
Speaker 3: And you didn't stay together.
Speaker 9: No, no, not anyone married.
Speaker 3: Now Peaky Blind isn't a VICI too? Very good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't have expected that mixed bag.
Speaker 4: It would have been worth it just to go to the Avicci show. It's one of the greatest DJs of our time.
Speaker 1: Great Dooco.
Speaker 3: Actually very sad, very very sad.
Speaker 1: Melissa on Thurday twenty four ten, What have you done to impress someone?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 13: So I used to be a bit of a groupye and would play Friday's Thursday Saturday nights. And not only was he group here, I really liked the guy, the drummer, he was also a big Christian church on Sundays. We would hook up every now and then. But he I know, he was wanting someone who was in the Christian kind of things. So I started going to church. Yes, And this one particular day at church, I put my hand up, which I didn't know what exactly for at the time, but it was to be born again Christian. So Christians born again Christian I don't even know what that really means.
Speaker 3: When you're a Christian and then you fall out of Christianity and then you come.
Speaker 1: Back to it. So they dunk in the water again.
Speaker 13: They didn't dug me in the water, but they did pull me up on day.
Speaker 3: Why did you put your hands?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The crowd as punch, Oh, there she.
Speaker 1: Goes a little sinner. That was it?
Speaker 3: That was it though, So did you date it or you just had to go to church? And then he saw that you were a fraud.
Speaker 13: Well that's too No, we were seeing each other. We would look up a big bands and stuff like that, and yeah, I really liked him. It wasn't reciprocated, and I thought, maybe you're going to church might change his mind.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, wow, oh my god's the wrong thing to say. Sorry, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Was that after they tried to burn you again? That was the last time you go say?
Speaker 9: That was the last time?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 1: That was it?
Speaker 4: Did you run out of there or something? What happened when they got you on the stage.
Speaker 13: There was a few of us and everyone. I actually don't know. It's a bit of a puzzle, but I think everyone just started clapping for us. It's like, I don't know what. I don't know what we did because.
Speaker 5: You hadn't done anything. Melissa.
Speaker 1: He's like, there's my girl. Wow, goodness.
Speaker 3: It is just the things we do.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That is it. We are getting out of here.
Speaker 4: We are on this funny old Thursday. The blue skies have gone checking.
Speaker 1: The weather for the cloudy.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to be wet though, but cold. Rug up. If you're heading down to Geelong for the Cat Dog game.
Speaker 1: We're looking no, no, no, just cloudy. We'll be all right.
Speaker 3: We'll be okay anywhere. I'm on the Cats, Go Cat.
Speaker 1: My wife's out tonight, so you.
Speaker 3: Can sit on the couch and watch the footy.
Speaker 1: I have a made around a couple of beers on a Thursday, watch the footy.
Speaker 3: I love a Thursday. I was one of those people that hated the idea of Thursday night football.
Speaker 1: I was the same. I've come around unless it's played in Perth.
Speaker 3: Well, also unless it's played at the MCG and the traffic is really annoying on a Thursday and a Friday. Now, but apart from Geelong, I am all here on the couch towards the footy. How good right the fire We're really in the depths of it now, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Good luck to the Cats tonight and we'll see them over on the lovely melch of Sena is in next. Bye Bye.
Speaker 3: Lauren, Lauren, wake up feeling good. Follow them on the socials.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I