Speaker 1: Oh hello, Welcome to healthy Thanks for joining us on the podcast and Body and Soul. I am your host for listening, Harley. I'm joined today by the effervescent and delightful Zoe Marshall. She, of course is a podcaster and now author. She has a book coming out in April, cord Arise, and today she delves into the concept of manifestation. Now before the red flags come up, you got to hear her out. She actually reframes it as co creation and she's going to share today how she well implements it in her life and how it's actually worked for her. She's manifested some significant things in her life, including her husband, and she's going to provide tools and practices so you can manifest great things in your life too.
Speaker 2: Welcome to healthy Ish. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling healthy ish. It's a great name for a podcast. Are you living the ish today? How do you stay healthy ish? I am feeling so tired. I think that's my ish Like. Look, I've kind of gone a little bit too far from the healthy spectrum, Like I've got no more vices other than a little bit of gluten and sugar occasionally.
Speaker 2: Don't think that's a vice. Is it gluten? Gluten?
Speaker 3: Well, it feels like a vice, Like I feel like that's big warm hub, you know, like a soft tortilla is like dreamy for me. I've stopped drinking. I don't drink coffee. Oh my god, everyone's going to turn off. I promise some fun at parties. I'm really funny, really super fun.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, you are like next level healthy.
Speaker 3: E Well, you know what the aura ring changed everything for me? Do you know what that is?
Speaker 2: I do. I'm a woop girl, Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: And I think just like being a sleep is such a priority for me that even seeing one drink impacted I was like, what is this for? You know? And then all these stats came out in the States a couple months ago around this really deep correlation between breast cancer and alcohol, and because I have that history, it was kind of the final straw for me. I heard that we're actually going to be putting you know, those those warnings on cigarette boxes, We're going to be putting those warnings on alcohol bombs. In the next two years. Every country will start in Ireland. I was like, that seems very that seems wild, that seems crazy because we've kind of been fed this thing that you know, red wine and antioxidants, and I was drinking the kool aid.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I think that studies have proven a little bit of red wine.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's changing though. I think the old studies did, and then there's all of these new studies. Look, I am no doctor, but I think for me it was like the breast cancer thing. Yeah, I've already had a lump removed. I'm already highly anxious about that. For me personally, I was like, you know what affecting sleep? Blah blah blah. I'm just going to cut it out. And I haven't felt any loss. I went to my husband's fortieth. We had a small dinner and everyone was cheersing, and I got a glass red wine and I cheersed and I kind of put it to my lips put it down, And Yeah, I think that this kind of sober, curious way is being a lot more accepted now than this kind of like why are you drinking? That's so weird. Yeah, everyone's a lot more open. So other than that, what I so, sugar is your vice? What's your is ish? What's my ish? Every single night? This just sounds very odd because we're going into March. But you know those peppermint after dinner mints that you get in the little sleeves around.
Speaker 1: Christmas, I feel like they're so nineties. They're so you get those on your cup of tea. Yeah, Hotels or something in the nineties.
Speaker 3: But it's cream in the middle. It's not dense, right, So I have Oh my god, I'm gonna sound like such a I have one of those at night with my hot chocolate, with my sugar free Avalanche hot chocolate. And that's me in my happy light during my period. Look at the party a eight two pieces of cake when Yeah, when I've got my bleed, I'm a little bit more intense.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just only because I've become so aware of how it makes me feel. Like when I have my snack attack at night and I'm eating cheesels at ten o'clock, I wake up so parched. My ara ring is not happy. I have not slept well. So there's too much data. I think it would have been. I was peacefully ignorant before, and now I am too aware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's about finding that even balance, isn't it because my woot band. If I have had a few drinks, it definitely shows up on my sleep. But then I have this internal battle in my head when I'm actually out for dinner because I really enjoy a glass of wine. I mean, I'm not a I wouldn't drink a bottle, but I'm going out tonight for one of my son's birthdays and I'm thinking, yeah, I'm going to have a glass, the one.
Speaker 3: That's so nice. And you know what, let me tell you. I had a retreat at the Hunter Valley last weekend and I was driving home and I pulled into Macas and I got my chicken nuggets extra fresh, happy to weight, and my junior burger. And I have no shame or bad energy around that choice. Like if you're having the wine, don't attach any stress thanks to it, Like you've got to be in it, Like I love a nugget. I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed every single bite. It was like, you're never going to take that's my ish. Yeah, you know you're never gonna I'm not going to get rid of that. And they did this spicy Korean sauce for a second, because of what was that not the hunger Games. It's quid games, quid game, and then they got rid of it and it was the best sauce I've ever had in my life. And I've driven around to all the maccas in Sydney looking for the sauce. No more.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to write to headquarters. But yeah, do it. You might have to manifest it.
Speaker 3: Zoe, Oh my gosh, should you like that?
Speaker 1: Sing?
Speaker 2: I loved it? Talk to us about manifesting. What does this? How does this look like for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I want to preface this conversation with manifesting generally, I feel has this icky undertone of being really privileged. I think it's usually being taught by very This sounds ironic, but white privilege presenting pretty women, right. And then what some of the older teachings are saying that you know, like attracts like and law of attraction, and if you think about it, you'll get it, but if you think negative things, you'll get it. And if you have cancer you can cure it. Like all of that is like major red flags to me. And so I've kind of reframed it and the way that I use it. It's called co creating. So it feels a lot more empowered than wishful thinking. Just doing an affirmation or looking at a vision board. Those things are shut like helpful tools, but they are not going to get you what you want. I think being really curious about who you are, what you want, why you want it, where you're limiting beliefs keep you stuck, and how you can start to kind of push up against those use all of this incredible researchence and neuroscience. We've got to shift the way that we think. Using your mind for good rather than letting your mind take advantage and use you is my kind of version of co creation. So it's a lot different to I think the ways in which we have thought manifestation was in the world. And the only reason I have felt like finally not attached to the shame of talking about it is because I've got twenty years of evidence of it working.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, give us some examples of how it has worked for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could literally pick a theme out of my life and I can tell you so I believe. Well, I know I manifested my husband, Okay, and so when I say this, so, when I say I manifested him, I was post a very very destructive relationship. It was a very violent relationship, but I knew that something inside of me. There was kind of two parts. One side of me felt I deserved that toxic relationship, you know, it had been such a destructive, traumatic experience that your nervous system starts to believe that that's for you. And then there was another part of me that was like, life is better than this, You are worth more than this. But I really had to explore that. And when I made my list, a list literally of who I wanted my life partner to be, it was Benji on a sheet. Like maybe it didn't say Benji, maybe it didn't say professional athlete, because that was a bit of a red flag. But it had all of those qualities around the kindness and the openness and the generosity and the love and a true family man and a supporter and a you know, non judgmental, not over protective, not controlling human. And then I meet this person and obviously we're very young at the time and we had a lot of work to do, but he was so willing to work with me. You know, I knew that we had this. Yeah, we both had trauma, and we knew that that could either carry on with how we had been taught and raised or we would, you know, pave our own way. And he allowed me to do that with him, and we had therapy for the first time within the first gosh, it would have been nine months of our relationship, because we had issues with how we communicated, as most people do, and he just had this willingness and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, that's the on thel list, do you know?
Speaker 3: And I remember we moved in together, and I remember sitting at the traffic lights at this house we were renting for about six months in Neutral Bay. It was a first house we moved in together, and I felt in my body. I was like, I want to marry him. I'm going to marry that man. And I didn't know, but he was going to propose two weeks later, Oh wow, in Kualia. But I had landed in this like he had obviously been preparing in the background. But I had landed in this like it's going to happen, And then it happened really quick. Sometimes these things don't happen, and other people could be like, it's just chance, that's just how relationships work. But this, I've done this with work I've done this with career. I've done this with working career, the same I've done this with buying a house. You know, I get into the bed at the open home like very actually physically crawl in, pull yes sheets up. Okay, but obviously I wait for everyone else to leave, yes, because that would be weird. I mean it's obviously weird anyway. But there's this thing we do. We call it priming. Athletes and entrepreneurs and musicians call it mental rehearsal. But it's the ability to put yourself in a situation where your mind doesn't know the difference between fantasy and reality, right, so you start to kind of cultivate this sense of it really being true. Your body doesn't feel like that's a lie. And so getting into the bed at the open home, I took the feeling of getting out of that bed, opening the blinds, looking around me back into my old house. I know. It's so wild that every day I woke up but my eyes were shut, and I would get like, take off the covers, walk around, not blind, not eyes closed, but I would be like in my bed, looking around this room as if it was the new room, just like priming my mind body nervous system that this thing is for me. Now, long story short, and this is where the wu Wu comes in, because I believe manifestation is the co creation is your higher power, whether you call that energy source, God, mother, nature, whatever it is. And you you're taking the aligned action, you're doing something, you're putting something, you're putting energy into that. So whether you're calling up employers, or you're going to open homes or getting into the house, or you're checking your finances, all of this momentum is energetically matched. And then from there we do something called we don't do it. We land in the abyss, right, which is when nothing happens.
Speaker 2: There's no.
Speaker 3: Calls from the new employer, there's no house on the market, there's no anything happening. You're just in this kind of waiting room of uncertainty. And the biggest lesson of life is that it is uncertain. And the easier you are with the discomfort of that, life is going to be a hell of a lot more simple. So when you find yourself in the abyss, we go back into trust that what is for us will find us. That if there is a divine redirection, which is maybe it's not that house. Maybe it's the next house, and you won't know two years later that that house was had all the ghosts in it, or someone falling in or whatever. Right, I'm going spiritual, you're going practical. But you do all of these things and these practices, and so this is my version of co creation versus I'm looking at a vision board.
Speaker 1: We'll be back after this short break with more from Zoe. Talk to us a bit about well, the tangible things that you do to create. Yes, the vision board, and I mean is it and perhaps you know you can talk in terms of your career, I mean, is it a do you sit down, do you write it down? How does it actually show up? And how does it and then how do you roll it out?
Speaker 3: So I think everyone feels like so I'll give you all of the tools in the book, but you will pick what works right because some things don't feel right. Meditation feels good for others, journaling doesn't whatever. My personal practice. First thing in the morning alpha state, when your brain is kind of in that unconscious place, is setting a declaration for my day. And that could just be I'm going to have a really fun day or the day is full of easeflow, joy or opportunities find me or whatever it is right declaration. What that does is it taps into my RAS system, my reticular activation system, which really works heavily on confirmation bias. Right, we see what we want to see. We want evidence to be right correct, And so if I set myself up that everything works out for me, I am just naturally as a human looking for evidence that makes me right. It's the same thing if you trip over getting out of bed, then you step in some dogshit and you drop your toothbrush in the toilet. It's like, this is just a shit day. Okay, it's a shit day. Your RAS system is looking out for things to make you write about it being shit. So even if you get a flat tire and someone pulls over to help you, you're focused on the flat tie. I'm not the person coming to help you, right, So it's all in your perspective. So I do the OUPHA state. I make sure my reticular activation system is working for me. I will meditate, So I do transcendental meditation twice a day for twenty minutes, sometimes with kids. I do it no times for no minutes.
Speaker 2: So right, no, you don't do it with the kids around.
Speaker 3: No, but I mean because they're always around, it's very hard to get your transcendental in. Sometimes sometimes you do it in the car. I don't like doing that. I feel vulnerable doing that, but some people do that in the car. I love to journal. Sometimes that will be my meditation, and that's just you can use a prompt. We've got heaps of them, or you can literally just like unconsciously flow, which I find fascinating because you'll get to a point where you're like, oh my god, I'm really holding onto a grudge with Sally, and that is does she even know? And you're kind of doing this self reflective process that's coming from your subconscious. I also love doing priming walks, so that's like what we were doing with getting in the bed. But what you're doing is now you've got that sense of what it is. Say you want to fall in love and meet someone, you go out on this walk, You've done the journaling maybe around who this person is, who you're going to be for this person. We sometimes focus so desperately on being selfish. What could I get? How do I get it? It's like, how are you going to turn up for someone else? Are you in the right state to be loved? Could you love someone? What do you have to offer them? So, once you've done all of this exploration, whether that's your meditation, your journal, putting that in your body and going into the do Lulu for a little bit. Right, So, if we're priming, we're doing mental rehearsal, are acting, walking, talking, moving as if this thing is already ours. Right, So you're walking and waving and saying hi to people on the walk because you are bursting with love, because you have just met the love of your life, your life partner. You're deeply connected. Energetically, things are going to feel so different for you when you're walking around feeling full of love, like you're going to see the world differently. There's going to be a feather on the ground. You're going to be like, oh my god, my angels are here talking to me, or there's a really cute guy over there. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling like I'm going to swave hello, you might spark up a conversation. Things just shift. So that's kind of where I bring in the spiritual part is like, energetically, I do believe you match what you're putting out. I don't believe that if you don't understand this practice and you are living in default of how life is happening to you, and you're finding yourself stuck in trauma or finding yourself stuck in the negative mind frame, that you are at fault for that you don't know what you don't know. You have to have learnt something that teaches you how to support yourself before you can go, oh my god, I'm so negative. I just attract negative things. Well, no, you wouldn't do that if you knew how not to do that.
Speaker 2: Does that makes sense? Absolutely? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So does that help you with some of the tools.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean there's different ways you can do it. You just mean, I mean in any ways, it's just being about clear. It's been very clear on what you want, being also clear about you know, you blocking your mental blockages, your blind spots as.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's confronting. Absolutely, that's the hardest part of it all is you want.
Speaker 2: Love, but do you deserve it?
Speaker 3: Do you believe you deserve it? And lots of us have these very subconscious worms from zero to seven that we don't even know why we can't keep a partner, why we sabotage every good thing in our lives. Why we don't think that we're worth the raise or the prom and we do in a child work and we do, you know, a really explorative work on yourself. Some people like different methods. Right in a child will work for some, eft tapping will work for others. I think it's important to give lots of options so people resonate and they commit, because this whole thing is it's essentially knowing yourself well enough that you know and realistically, Like if you're living in a where I was when I was twenty in a moldy you know, studio apartment, that was like pure freedom to me. Right, I loved this moldy apartment and I wanted to get this billion dollar mansion in four weeks. We have to kind of you have to go, okay, unless I'm going to marry a billionaire tomorrow, and like would that be really healthy for my soul? Would I feel really connected and happy and joyful if I just married for money? And you've got to question all these things, right, how would I do that? How would I get this billion dollar manchion from living in this moldy apartment? Making five hundred bucks a week. And so I think this realistic element is important because as you level up to the one bedroom apartment that has no bold, right, that feels like the billion dollar mansion. It does because I've done it, and so we're coming back to the feeling. It's not actually ever about the car or the mansion, right, It's about this freedom of flow and joy and ease that is always in us, but we block it because we are constantly distracted. We are lonely, were comparing ourselves, We're addicted to all of the things that we can't even access what is blocking us because we're constantly putting other things in front of us to be distracted. So, yeah, it's I guess I'm lying when I say it's manifestation because it's a whole lot more.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, I mean, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Going back to what you say in the beginning, Manifestation has got a bit of a bad.
Speaker 2: Run over the years.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been sold as a little bit of a joke. But if you really look stuff up, the definition of manifestation, it's just being clear on what you what you want, yes in.
Speaker 3: Surmilling in what you want and allowing it to arrive yea.
Speaker 1: And being open to new experiences. And I think that's the other thing, you know, is being open, Like you can be very clear on what you want and have that list, but you're.
Speaker 3: Out all of like you know you have. You'll meet people that are like, oh my god, I've met the man of my dreams, but he has red hair, and you're like, you're going to let go of the partner, your life partner because of his hair color. Like that doesn't feel like a hymn problem. That feels like a you problem, you know. And I think that that's what you're saying is don't become so rigid in what you think you want. You have to allow, Like you are not the smartest person in the room. Source, spirit, energy, universe, God, mother, Nature is way smarter than us. And so if they have an idea of what is the best end result, trust that it might look very weird.
Speaker 2: For a bit.
Speaker 3: And you're going to go on a tangent over here and come back over there, and you're going to land somewhere and be like bank you God or whoever you are, because your way was better than my way. And we call that a divine read direct. So we're saying, I want, I want, I want. And when you're in the energy of the thing that you want, it doesn't matter how it looks when you receive it. If it matches that feeling for you, it is the thing that it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense. Now, you you've got a lot going on. You've got a book coming out in April, got your podcasts, you've got an amazing well a brand like this, amazing brand that you've built over the past however many years, and you.
Speaker 3: Can go it was only June.
Speaker 2: Oh what June? Yeah? Oh wow, I only launched it in June. Down well, even more well done.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little newborn, the growing newborn.
Speaker 2: Yes, that we are seeing.
Speaker 1: And you're also coming up at the Kylo summon in Brisbane in May, which I'm going.
Speaker 2: I was a manifestation. I can't hear it.
Speaker 3: Yes, tell us about this. So I'm sitting at dinner with David the Medium. Do you know who he is? I do, Okay, So for anyone that doesn't, he's like the biggest psychic medium in Australia. I wasn't sure about him at first. This was about three or four years ago. Someone suggested he come on my other podcast, The Deep, and I was like, m you have to give me a reading first, right, So he gave me this reading. He knocked my socks off. It was about my mom things. He knew your mum who passed away, passed away. He knew that inside this bangle I'm wearing now it has written I'm so proud of you. Nobody knows that, right. So I went from a skeptic to a believer real quick. And then he became a friend because obviously, if someone can talk to your dead mother, you become obsessed with them. It's not a healthy way to live in the world. But we've got really good boundaries now. And he was having dinner with me in Sydney. He's from Melbourne, and he was talking about how he was really excited he was going to be speaking at this Kilo summit that was in conjunction with Goop, and I was like what, He's like, yeah, it's eighteen months away, but like they've booked me for and I was like, I didn't even have a rise, right, I didn't even I wasn't even in this world. And I was like, I'm going to be there. I'm going to be with you. We're going to I'm watch me and he was like, of course you are, Sis, I'll see there.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Fast forward to about I don't know two months ago. He's back, He's in Sydney. We're having lunch together. He's talking to me about the summit and I remembered, I'm like, I'm going to that summit. Fuck, it's soon, I better hurry up. I ended up following someone that he had discussed with me at quite a few of them, and one of them was the pr for the summit, and she followed me back and was like, you've been on my mind. You need to be at this summer. We have booked all of our keynote speakers, but I'm going to find a way to get you there. And I was like, of course you are. I manifested this. We're doing this together. So I am now going to be at the Live Boldly Brunch on May second, which is a extension of the summer. You can buy a ticket to that, where I'm going to be discussing co creation with Sarah Grinberg. I believe I'm also hosting David's He's doing a group reading as well. We love doing things for each other. He's going to be with me at my retreat and Byron Bay as well, teaching people how to get into their psychic abilities. So, yeah, it's happened. But those things, I tell you, they don't feel shocking anymore. They feel normal because I think I've become so accustomed to this way that those things don't surprise me. And when I talk about the priming, whether that's getting in the bed or doing the walking, I'm doing that all the time. So when the phone call comes that you're going to be speaking at the High Group Summit on this Live Boldly Brunch, I'm like, of course, that doesn't feel like, Oh my god, what am I going to do? How am I going to get there? I'm going to self sabotage? Is I'm not ready for? Do you know what I mean? That's the realistic thing, is stepping into the power. Do you have what it takes to be on the panel.
Speaker 2: Yes, But if I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't ready, it would be a I would not be aligned for that opportunity. So you're going to be there with me?
Speaker 2: I am I'm coming to what row?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely, I'll be there. Wait now, I'm looking forward to it. I secretly booked an extra night just so like it someday.
Speaker 2: So well I did so get sleep. Yes, I don't know why I'm whispering.
Speaker 3: That, but yes I know because our husbands might hear us. I said it was for work.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Now, just before we go, just give us a quick insight into your book that's coming out on April seconds.
Speaker 3: So the book is all of this. It is a very easy step by step guide that has all the tools, activities, practices, meditations as a qr CO that gives you a bunch of resources as well as real life examples of how each step impacted me or I use that. So there's I share a lot about the trauma that I came from. I explain that it doesn't matter where you are in life, whether that is rock bottom or it is the highest of highs. This can support you. And whether you're a skeptic and you don't believe in anything, just read the neuroscience pages, you know, and it'll still change your life.
Speaker 2: You believe.
Speaker 3: So I think that it is kind of take what you want from it, put it down, pick it up. And we have this beautiful community called a rise, which is online where there's hundreds of people to support you and each other, to find your like minded people, to keep you accountable, to keep you excited, to keep you inspired. We call them rises and so yeah, this has just become a very beautiful experience. And then we've got the retreats, and we've got the workshops, we've got all the things.
Speaker 2: It's all happening. Well.
Speaker 1: I am excited to see this baby of yours grow and we'll see you in Brisbane in mac art Way, thanks for coming on Healthy Shoe.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Now, Zoe has a lot on I.
Speaker 1: Will leave a link to everything she talked about in the show notes, but in particular the Kylo Summit. Just for you listeners, you can get one hundred dollars off tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come join us.
Speaker 1: We're going to be up there by the pool enjoying fabulous speakers like Zoe at the Kilo Summit in May in Bristol. I will leave a link to that offer in the show notes and also, listeners, I have to announce that this is the penultimate episode of Healthy is Yes. After four years of daily podcasting, I need a break. It's time to switch off the mic and onto new adventures. Anyway, tune in to Thursday's which is our grand finale. Oh it's a bit sad, I might have a few tears anyway. If you do have anything to say, you can DM me at Felicity Harley. Of course Body and Soul on social media. Head to our website bodyandsol dot com dot you grab our print edition which is out in your local Sunday paper.
Speaker 2: Oh and you know it Stay Healthy issue