Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome the Daily Telegraph in aerial podcast. It's a Monday and I'm with Tyson Jackson and it's just the two of us, brothers, just the two of us. Everyone's deserved this. Have gone out to New South Wales media and they've left poor old men Tyson to hold the ford. But it's not quantity, it's quality, Tice. That's what we always say, we get strain. Now let's talk Origin New They've panicked. No, that's the Queencer coming out. Made a host of changes and some of them are forced. Some of them were would have been changes that would have been there their pre game one if not for injuries. You know, Dylan Edwards would have been there, Mitch Moses would have been there, Cam Murray would have been there, Dalan Edwards would have been there. So they're sort of not forced, they're sort of by choice. But what do you talk about them sort of individually. Latrell's obviously the big one that everyone came.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Latrell was, I mean an obvious one straight away. I think after the way he's played, especially the last two games he's been on fire, I don't really read too much into the criticism of oh he hasn't played center. I think Gus came out and said he's not a center, but yeah, Latroll. I think Latroll had to be there and it kind of worked perfectly. I guess with Joey are getting suspended. I know there's nothing perfect about that situation, but if there is any any positive, you're not going to complain that you have one of the biggest X factors that the game's ever seen coming into the Blues team.
Speaker 1: I don't think they really had a choice. I mean, as a Queen's Land of the last bloke, you want to face his Latrell Mitchell because he can win the game on basically on his own. It's been three years. I didn't realize I was researching Game one. I'd forgotten it's been three years since he played Origin. Latrell last played in twenty twenty one, I think, and yeah, he's just a machine and he's done what Michael McGuire wanted to do, which was aim up and clubling. His last two games have been great, fantastic against against the Broncos the other night. Do you have any I know you're saying it's not an issue playing center because hes played lots of SNAI he's played there finish so well else, do you have any concerns with Latrell in any way?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we all know Latrell can be a bit of a hot head at times, but like you said, there's no one if you're a Queenslander. I don't know if he's going up against Vale or if he'll be up against the Hammer, but if you're a Queen's Lander, you don't want Latrell standing in front of you. So I think the good outweighs are bad. But look, defending on an edge, for anyone that's ever played, is the hardest position to kind of defend, because you know, whatever your second roller does, your decision gets made off that. Whatever you cener does, the wis decision gets made off that. So with those I guess kind of things at hand, then there might be a bit a bit of trouble. But you know, I think the rest of the team, if the middle can hold down, well, I think theatrol will be safe on the edge defense if anything.
Speaker 1: That's sort of I think Louill plays that side from memory, and I'm pretty sure he does. Mitch plays right from right side generally right, Yeah, pretty sure that's tell this set up Jerome can be I don't know, you're you're a former player, current player, you're still playing, you're injured at the moment. But LOUI, I would imagine at times he would be a difficult guy to play with because he dances a crossfield a bit, and you know, like, how do you think that will potentially impact on the troll? Do you think that will have an impact on him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. I think I think if I'm getting into cancer that I'm Mitron saying to Jerome what what I want as his outside player. You know, if I'm Metron players and I want early ball. I don't want the ball all the time, but when when I call for the ball, that's that's when I want it. And yeah, I find with Jerome Jerome tends to dance back the other way, though he doesn't really cross much towards his own sideline. It's always back.
Speaker 1: He steps of the left foot, done here and comes in.
Speaker 2: Front a bit like what Benji used to do. But I think, I think, yeah, they're going to have to get that intact when they get into camp straight away. Jerome needs to be clear with Latrell and what jerome plans are. But Latrell also needs to say to Jerome, this is what I want. And I think if the team is to do well in Melbourne, that's going to be the reason, because they can really get along and they can.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of Latrell playing the MCG in front of I think it's selling the tickets to going like hotcakes down there, right, So Latrell the MCG iconic venue, Latrell on a big stage. You know, he's a big He's a big character, Latrell in our game. He's a huge figure in our game. And Latrell turned up MCG having a big game against Queens And I just love the idea of that. The theater of it all right, because you know, on the big stage, that's where Latrell always talks about he plays his best footy. And you know, I think he get in front of you don't get much bigger than the MCG and well, the mcg are full house, the MGG. It's pretty unique stage.
Speaker 2: What about the theater of this. Latrell has never lost an origin series that he's played in as a Queenslander. How does that make you feel? Well?
Speaker 1: I think I think from memory he played in the series and I dropped after Game one. They won that series, but he wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: Series.
Speaker 1: Billy trusted, Billy re trust baby. They what about Mitchie? Moses back as well gets another opportunity in Origin Again, Nick, I was disappointing in Origin one. I had a tough night, and Mitch would have been there pre if you hadn't been injured before Game one comes back plays pretty good foot is two games back, I thought, I thought I didn't really grab truff the neck the other night, did he?
Speaker 2: I think? I think when the Eels versus the Bulldogs, that was a bit telling, like if I was magic. I didn't like what I saw there, especially when the.
Speaker 1: Three games back, isn't it three two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So when when they played the Dogs, yeah, twelve man on the field, Moses can't steal that game. That's a worrying sign to me. Again against the Risks this week, the Eel was picked up a whole bunch of momentum and again just couldn't get those finishing touches. And everyone says that, oh, Moses was going to be in before Heinz anyway, but I'm pretty sure the plan was Moses and Heines. I think it was Lui, that was going to be the one that was going to miss out. So I don't really like the argument. Look, I don't think Niko should be in the team. I think Nico would be better off going back to club form and really trying to get the form back that he started the year with. But I think saying that, oh Moses would have been in the team anyway with Lui, I think that's just kind of a cover up because I think the plan was initially that your partner Nico in the half.
Speaker 1: It's interesting Mitch after the Bulldogs game, we need to him one three to sixteen, but basically said, look, I didn't own that game. I didn't I should have stood up in the last ten minutes and got us over the line. And then on the weekend again he sort of didn't own that game either. He sort of shave flashes of what he can do, but with the game is sort of in the balance, he didn't get his team over the line. You know, and Mitch has probably go to he's got a point to prove an origin level. He comes into a game I've got to win, so you know, he needs to own this game. He's kicking game is crucial right, it's got arguably the best long kicking game in the comp That's probably where nick I was a bit deficient. I reckon, He's kicking game wasn't great in game one.
Speaker 2: So it's horrible one kick the whole game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Mitch needs to That's part of part of the reason Mitch is so attractive to Michael maguire, right, because of his kicking game, you know, and he's dangerous. I love Mitch when he runs the ball. Think that's when he's at his best, when he's running the football and kicking along. And yeah, that's what he's got to do.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah. In order in order for Mitch to do well this game, the forwards need to go forward. They need to create a bit of momentum, and Mitch needs to be to play off the back of that. Same with Jerome, they can both. Look, I'm a bit I don't really like the Jerome Moses combination because I think we saw it last year and it didn't work very well. But if if we can get if the Blues can get some go forward and and Moses and lou I can play off that it really just sticked to their sides of the field. They can see a lot of success, especially with their strikeout wide.
Speaker 1: No surprise, Edwards had to be there, right, would have been again, he would have been there before.
Speaker 2: I'm the biggest James Esco fany no like controversial, had me finish finished and just a I'm the biggest shame Seed Esco fan. And I didn't think he should have got dropped initially for Game one when the team came out, but then after they played on on Wednesday night a couple of weeks ago, I thought, I thought that maybe he had he played his last game for the Blues. And it's not no knock on him, it's just I think it's just it didn't look like Tedesco used to look. I think the criticism last year was unfair, but I think he probably deserved more criticism than he got for Game one because I mean that crucial mistackle on on Ben Hunt was it was bad and yeah, just he looked he looked gas as well, which you're not you're not used to seeing from from Teddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Dylan Edwards. As we said, he would have been there but for injury in Origin one, and you know, I think once they made the decision to move on from Teddy and then they lost the Game one and Teddy played. I just think you had to bring Dylan Edwards back because he don't have the right to play. I mean, on with you, I don't think Dylan. I thought Teddy should have been been there before the Delan Edwards injury. But once they made the decision to move to Dylan Edwards, you just got to go all in, right in my view, I mean, Madge just had to go all in. Dylan Edwards is my man, and once he got back and he was fit, we just and they had lost game one, you just bring him back in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like ted Teddy had to have amount of the match performance and they had to win. If they weren't going to win, then the writing was on the wall. Almost no matter how how Teddy plays, they didn't win. The writing was on the wall. If Dylan was fit, he'd come back into the team.
Speaker 1: And what about Cam This one surprised me, right because we all know Camo is a great, great player and again would have walked into the team if it was fit before Origin one. But he's played one game back from long term injury. I thought he was a chance maybe being on the bench, but to stick him straight in the stage. I think he was named thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just stick him.
Speaker 1: Straight in the starting side. I was, I was surprised by that. It's a big ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean we all know what Kemer Murray can do. He's a great player on the field, great defensively. He doesn't really have me faults in his game. He can also cover that that back row spot. Not that they need that, but well because they're carrying a La Kwato on the bench. But I mean he can cover that that back row spot. But I mean, I'm more I'm not confused that Camer Murray got picked. I'm more confused that Kem mckinness got dropped. That's that's where my confusion comes from, because I thought Cam was one of our McInnis was one of our best in Game one. I don't think he's played bad after after the Origin games. Like I'm one of those people that the player needs to lose their jersey. You can't just take it off and for no reason. And I think like he make forty tackles and don't miss it the tackle in Origin and you're get your jersey taken off you. I mean, I'm not I'm not a big fan of that, but I'm a big fan of Cam Murray.
Speaker 1: So could you have carried could you have gone to that game with Murray, Yo, mckinness where you could? But would that have worked?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think in general, like I'd rather carry Murray, mcinness and Yo than carry an extra second rower on the bench. A lot Olka was quiet in game one. Yeah, I thought.
Speaker 1: Really his sort of game though, was yeah, no, only down to twelve minutes. It's not really made for him.
Speaker 2: My concern where are you going to play these players? Like I don't get as as someone looking in, where do you play these players that you like? What? What is the actual plan? Cam Murray is an eighty minute player, Like, you don't have to take care Murray off the field. And you found that when they took mckinness off the field in game one, Isaiaho came on and as great of a player as Isaiah Oo is, kind of disrupted that the flow that they had going there, Like he tried to he almost tried to play as an extra halfback, which they don't need. You carry an extra second roller on the field, but you've got two second rollers that that play eighty minutes, like and then you look, you look at how Jake got used in game one and it's almost like there wasn't a plan there on how their rotation was going to work if something went wrong. And the rotation seems to have got even a bit more confusing now with adding adding Murray and what you just swap Murray and yo, like, how does it all work? Does Joe come on a front row? But then he tries to ball play too much? I love this.
Speaker 1: I love it when you blokes turn on each other.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm turning on the blue I am.
Speaker 1: I'm pointing it.
Speaker 2: I'm pointing out.
Speaker 1: I'm pointing.
Speaker 2: I'm pointing out. I'm pointing out genuine service. I can do this about the Queensland team as well.
Speaker 1: We'll get to them. We'll get to them. But the big news there Selwyn Cobbo, I think, I mean Billy's command explained it this morning, he said, sell and Cobbo is not in the team. He's been battling with painkilling ejections. He's had some injuries. Kirk Capewall's coming to the team. Felics cafusis in as well. Hopgoods out. I believe that that's an injury as well, you know, So if those places are carrying injuries, I can understand it. Seln you know, he was really good knowledge of one thrusting really early in that game when a lot of people thought, how they're going to use this guy, you know, And obviously when re swashing off, the shuffle happened and Selwyn played a lot of time. So do you think it hurts some a little bit losing Selwyn? In hindsight we all went what the hell is he doing on the bench, But then after the game we all went, that was a great selection. It was a smart move. But they haven't sort of got a life for light. They've got Kirk Capble on the bench instead of Cobbo, and cap was a pretty versatile player, but he's not a selling Cobbo. So do you think that hurts Queensland perhaps to an extent?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think if something to cling on to, if something, if something goes wrong, it does. But like I've never known any coach to prepare for an injury like Billy did in Game one. So if Billy doesn't do what he did in game one, no one's talking about so one getting dropped for this game. But who can you replace out of all the Queenslanders, who can you put into that that team, that game two team that would do the same job as Cobbo on the bench, Because yeah, there might be an outside back that goes down, But who else if it's not so on Cobbo, who else are you going to carry on the bench that can play that role?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the top of my head, I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't think Queensland mind, I don't think Queensland has that players.
Speaker 1: No one like he. I mean, he's he's a different cat, the way he's built and the way he plays. And you know, I mean Kate Wall's completely sort of opposite into the spectrum and I said, one's young and and sort of just becoming a star. Katebell's sort of at the end of his career, the twilight of his career and sort of hasn't had a lot of foot a couple of injuries, he said, a lot, and he's had some in recent years. But they love him. The Queen's was loving because he just does a role for them, right And you know, and Folice Confusi's back in the team as well with hop good out. Yeah, well he's playing good footy police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Confusie was playing good footy last year and you can get picked. I was on a point out Dane go guy has been been named. I find it's really interesting, especially from New South Welshman. They kind of both Felice and Dane got got shafted last year. We don't we don't want you. Now all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Shaft has been now how would you describe it?
Speaker 2: Then they were told that they weren't needed and they weren't wanted all for the Queensland loyalty. Wasn't really loyal to do it there now, I'll what's the questions? Now? All of a sudden they're they're back and welcome in.
Speaker 1: We both.
Speaker 2: I find it admirable that they're able to come back into the four games. That's fair enough, but I find it admirable that they are. There's was more they missed out in a full series. James didn't end up missing out in a game. But I find it was pretty brutal their actions. Yeah, they were welcome. They think we're all shocked.
Speaker 1: At Dan and Gag. I got flicked when he did. Oh yeah, but you know, I think Billy, I think there's the marker Billy right, the way Billy handles it, the way Billy explains to players perhaps why they've been overlooked and why they weren't selected, and he's able to sort of keep them in his good books even though he's, as you said, basically shafted them. So you know, to me, it's it shows the respect they have for Billy and the respect of the way Billy handles these situations, you know. I think I think that's why guys like gag On Confusia more than happy to come back. Plus it's worth thirty grandy, which helps us well. Right, And they love the jersey brother the own jersey. They love it.
Speaker 2: They won't love it after next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What are you thinking? You're thinking you're a chance or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I like it's a better I think it's a better team.
Speaker 2: I think it's a way better team. And I think I think like it's just got it's got a Latrell Mitchell game breaker just all over it. And I like Latrell. I think Latrild is best. I think Latrell's the center is. Oh, it's scary.
Speaker 1: Platrell's gonna be Latrell will be the story, win or lose, right, I mean that's the way it generally happens with Latrell. He hears the story all right, so there's every chance he goes to Melbourne and shoots the lights out.
Speaker 2: And I think they put him against Valentine Holmes and I think Patrol scores two to three tries.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, they'll take that as a challenge. My man Tyson's let's go a bit the club footy. Well, I was going to start with Manly's good win over the Dragons, but I reckon we should start light Art Oval, the Eighth Wonder, the Eighth Blunder of the World, with those scenes at the local tip called Lockout Oval on the weekend. Great we I'm so happy for Benji and Shane rich and they put a lot of work and put a lot of faith in His team lost nine in a row. It wasn't the greatest game, but you know that some kids make the Jordan Miller played pretty well when he got was on there. I thought Heath Mason looked really good. Actually, there were there were some some green shoots for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, I was there, yes, right under Their were always professional, always professional, and yeah, it was. It was great. I was when I when I saw the leader the Tigers, Ama Tiger supporter if anyone hasn't watched it before. But they didn't have a great record against the Titans, especially that, like my mate pointed out to me, we haven't beat them since two thousand and eight or nine at likeheard Oval.
Speaker 1: Or to be fair, before this year, he hadn't won a lot of games.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, well, I reckon, we need to play every game there because Sharks.
Speaker 1: Forget the fans and the facilities, that's all right, but forget the corporates, you know.
Speaker 2: Like it was. It was amazing to see the turnout for a team that's coming was coming, come on, the crow was another team? What other teams? It was pissing down rain. The team's coming last when.
Speaker 1: You looked and there, don't give me the turnout.
Speaker 2: It was a great turnout. I've seen games at win Stadium they have three thousand people.
Speaker 1: When I can't believe this Tiger when it is.
Speaker 2: Pouring down rain, Let's go to Manly when it's pouring down rain, who's rocking.
Speaker 1: Around ten thousand Brookies? Never there was eight thousand, Don't give me it was.
Speaker 2: It was a good turnout for the day. Good said, it was great.
Speaker 1: Fan.
Speaker 2: We're playing We're playing guys that played in s G ball this year, and the fans are still rocking up to see their team play and saw them pull out a gutsy win.
Speaker 1: Well, they were calling it on there most of the first half.
Speaker 2: I mean they looked well, times were running one hundred meters in the time.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable. But yeah, there was some I thought he played unbelievable, played really well. Stefano know who's had a I mean Stefano's gone off the boil a bit, but I thought he was really good. Ste Funny you talk commando.
Speaker 2: Forty second stint, his second stint really cemented his first stint. It was it was good, but it was almost like that of st pattern we've seen the last couple of weeks. His second stint, he really came in and and I think was a big part of the reason the Tiger's got away with that win. And so you were on the hill, Yes, I was on the hill.
Speaker 1: I was spending forty million dollars on like. I was right, I was clear clear and he was about four hundred I was.
Speaker 2: I was right next to the Hey Thurston guy. You remember him from a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: He was, Oh, yeah, they showed foot each other day.
Speaker 2: He was standing behind me and this guy keeps showing I'm like, why is his voice out so familiar?
Speaker 1: And I looked, was he abusy on the weekend? Just that he likes Queenland? I stay away from him anyway. It was a great scenes that like. And I'm happy for the Tigers. I'm really happy for the Tigers fans, so you should be. Yeah. So the ground still a hobble, but it's getting some money spent on forty Be happy about that when you like forty million bucks. I think I described it as lipstick on a pig. But that's what.
Speaker 2: If it makes people like you happy reading. I'm happy with the way it is.
Speaker 1: I think it needs at least one hundred mills spent on it.
Speaker 2: You're going to dish out undred gift to.
Speaker 1: The love that ground so much? Well not not on only eight thousand people turn up. Let's talk about it. Let's talk about There was a decent crowd of brook Fail sorry four points Park on Sunday. Manly. I thought daily Cherry Evans in this game ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You ask yourself had the Dragons lose?
Speaker 1: And then I think that no one on the bench right, mainly at the end of that game.
Speaker 2: There was one play there the Dragons scored off it, but they had three plays mainly had three plays down, and you go, how how have they not run away with this game?
Speaker 1: But I think Corey Woodell could barely walk and was still on the field. But Darley just produced a humble he's kicking game, just a real captain's knock, as they say, right, he gets his like fine wine chestnut, fine wine with age. Yeah, you're right, And the Dragons are really disappointed. I mean, mainly won pretty well in the end. But the Dragons against the team that had no one left on the in changement for most of the second half, they probably had no right to win this game, manly, but it could be a real turning point in the season because they've been sort of bit up and down.
Speaker 2: Manly.
Speaker 1: This was a real gritty, gutsy with sort of when you can build a seat, they always say it's a sort of win we can build a season around. Yeah, you hear coaches and players say that. I think it's mumbo jumbo.
Speaker 2: But anyway, They're one of those teams that I think they just need. They need that momentum swing and when they play well that can they can beat anyone in the competition. But they mainly never seemed to play bad. They always seem to go be quiet. Yeah, and that's where that's where you know teams are getting them. I think there's a lot more to say about the Dragons, because the Dragons look like world beaters one week and then.
Speaker 1: You just before we go there, and I'll tell you who can play le.
Speaker 2: How good is that kid?
Speaker 1: Eighteen years old?
Speaker 2: He might force Troyvitch to the centers.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to ask you about that. Surely not, that's some surely not.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd rather Toms Voyvage playing the centers and play every week than Tom Voyage played four weeks of half decent footy and then miss ten weeks too.
Speaker 1: It was a question for you, do you, potentially, if you want to play Tommy at fullback, play lehigh in the centers and maybe move a Rubin Garrick.
Speaker 2: He's too small to the wing, small eyes, really small. Okay, Yeah, Like you've got.
Speaker 1: To find spot for him. He's got to keep your spot somewhere in the maybe off the off the bench, I don't think. I don't know if you could play them off the bench, could you?
Speaker 2: Again, it's like you're carrying, you're carrying someone that is a fullback, maybe a wing like I don't even think he's a wing. I think I think he's a fullback like you're not. If you want to find a spot for him, he spots fullback, you've got to move to voyvage. And as good as Tommy is, has he done enough this year to say that he's been manly his best footall. I think after the three games of Lea I've played that he's proven that he's he's up there and he can he can take that team.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, right, this wasn't on the run sheets. I'm throwing Jason off here, But that's an interesting dilemma, right with Tommy and Lee High. Ryan Pap is back this week and did you watch Melbourne on the weekend so far long ago? Who was unbelievable unbelievable football again, a young fullback. I imagine I'll just move Paps back to fullback and Sue will either play on the wing or off the Kazue has played some wing in Queensland Cup or off the bench. But it's a similar sort of conundrum, right because you've got a kid who's just braining it. I mean, if you saw Sue far Longer on the weekend scored two tries and it's just a ridiculous, ridiculous talent. His footwork's crazy.
Speaker 2: You can play, you can play. I think you can. Craig Bellamy might be tempted to start pap Ho and off the bench. I think easy him back in every time he runs the ball. I found this year, every time papanaw has run the ball, he's played good for you this year, Like you kind of like like you know, you don't. You don't want to see him get hurt. So I think I think they might be. And because of how good Farlongo's for him is, there might be some push to maybe start perhaps off the bench. But do you think perhaps will make his way back into that starting team. But again, like I think, I think is a bit of a different case. I think you can play him in a couple of different positions. But I mean it's I think it's a good headache to have. I I'd rather have that headache than not have enough bit like the Tigers and put two players that have played an SG ball this year on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's look at a couple of other games quickly, Penrith knights on On on Saturday, or some vision of the Warriors Melbourne game. Smart pass that boy, was it chance pass? But there was a it was a great win. Did you watch this game? Unbelievable win by Melbourne then touched boll the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked like gone. It looked like the Warriors were We're gonna yeah, but.
Speaker 1: They were just gritty Melbourne. There was a great and this was a great win. I thought for Melbourne. Was that crowd, well, I think they've been This game has been sold there for weeks apparently. I think they've sold that four or five games in a row over there.
Speaker 2: It's when when New Zealand Rugby League is forcing New Zealand Rugby Union to change times for games, is it is crazy?
Speaker 1: This is what we did. We need to have a team there. We need a team in the Southland and New Zealand.
Speaker 2: I think that would be better than a team, you know, almost anywhere else. Like you've got to look at audience and what the people want, and if that's the I also don't want. What's happening to the Warrior is now to get taken away to move to another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, I think they'll do it in due course, right, they'll eventually end up at two teams in New Zealand. Maybe maybe it's eight nine years away, but it will happen. So Jerome Hughes is crazy good in this game too. He's such a good player, you know, Penrith Knights. I thought the Knights were hoping this game.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It was always when they're at home.
Speaker 1: Jerome was outstanding this game, set up a few tries, played really good football. But they've just got so much depth. Peters and Blakes just said, look, Scott Sorenson, like he's just a he's just a worry of that guy. He just turns up every week. But they are, you know, they've just got the job done, the Panthers, and it's just what they do, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, we're used to it now. We're used to it now. And the Night started to make it a bit of a comeback towards the end, but yeah, never never a down and Dromalizer making impressive case on my why he should get that starting spot of the Tigers with our big half scannundrum at the moment.
Speaker 1: So yeah, very happy he's done. You know what, he would have given Tigers fans a lot of hope the ways played half back in Nathan's absence. I mean a lot of some people doubt whether he could do it. I think he's been great.
Speaker 2: I think he's been the best foot he's played in his career. To be honest, he's he's really taking that step. But other times where Nate's been out, he's played the same role and you know you had a Shna Sullivan come in, or you had you know, you had whoever Panthers could pluck out come in. But this time I think he kind of I think he's got a chip on his shoulder from Ivan Cleary. Ivan Cleary made some comments when he signed initially with the Tigers about you know, he's not half back in this and I think he's he's kind of proving.
Speaker 1: In Galvin pretty decent combo.
Speaker 2: Next year, Yeah, with Galvin's happy much.
Speaker 1: Not sure how long you'll get to enjoy not Lockman Galvin, but you probably haven't at least another year. I'd imagine it's pretty good. I would imagine it's a decent tandem him and Jerome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he's got some potential to it. You've got lat too as well. Yeah, there's there's options, which is always nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of quickly again Sharks Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Disappointing.
Speaker 1: They're just defensively. Craig Fitzgiven will be filthy with the way they defended. They've been defensively this year at times they've been in a bomb nation. Yeah, and they considered three tries, and I mean fifteen minutes or something. They were getting floored.
Speaker 2: I was worried Dolphins were going to put fifty on them.
Speaker 1: What about this try? It's many better than this from the Hammer.
Speaker 2: One one of the best, and I love this moment here and he spots Kennedy after Kennedy got the better of him, and he just makes a fool of him.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you get low?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what was he trying to take you around the Why didn't you go low? Really?
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to tackle someone running at the speed the Hammer runs slowed down?
Speaker 1: Slowed down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it tricks you like you get you know when you're the cat roll with our legs. Brother, tell you when people went lower man, they hit my legs sometimes, you know, it wasn't the best It wasn't the best thing. So I wouldn't want to hit Hammer's legs. I think he'd probably have better legs than me.
Speaker 1: So I recommend Latrell not watch that, or whoever whoever's marking the Hammer watched those highlights because actually Latrell posted I think in Instagram after that try oh yeah, saying yeah, someone given Hammer a rap and then he probably sat back and thought I might have to mark that like next week.
Speaker 2: He's already doing his He's already doing he was.
Speaker 1: Doing his research on getting ready. He's alluring Hammer into a false sense of security. It was tough on Nick. You know, he's had a tough Nikhens had a tough week or two. He had that goal that actually shot a goal the center to golden point, never really looked like getting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the commentators they were like, he's got to swing it back and it's just the direction I was and the moment left his boot, you thought that that's going to miss. He lined it like I'm a goal kicking excerpt. But he like almost lined it up to go exactly where it went. I was looking at him when he put it on the tee. I was like, that's not heading towards the post. So I don't know if it was really windy at Shark Park that night, but yeah, like it was heading, it's heading straight. It was heading straight exactly where it went, went straight off the off the tee.
Speaker 1: So it's hard not to feel. He's such a good blke. He does such good stuff in the community, and he's such a great leader and great figure in our game. It's it's hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for Nick and what he's going through at the moment.
Speaker 2: Put the great blokesuff. So he's a great player. He's a great player, and you.
Speaker 1: Have about the person of the player mate a bit more love both.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're a good if you're a good person and a good player, that helps you're the best n our roll person in the world. But yeah, he's a great player, and it sucks that that, you know, he's hit this kind of rough patch of form when things were looking so promising. But rugby league's a brutal game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was sort of it. It was sort of set up for if miss that after the week he's had to then have a kick to Senator Golden Point, and to miss it, he just sort of went Nicko's Luck's not into the moment, is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't want to jinx him, but things should only get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as it should quickly. Listen our last one quickly, as it should for the Broncos. Broncos when Adam Reynolds gets back, which is a long time, always sadly by then they need to have some wins. They just was. I was at their game on Friday Nights against South. They were never in it. Yeah, never in it. No Walsh, no Reynolds, no chance, as they're saying the classics, I was.
Speaker 2: I was at the sun carp last week when they verst the Sharks and another game they probably the three games cale Yeah, yeah, went up to the first time that uncorp really Yeah, what do you think beautiful place queen after Yeah? Yeah, it was led to the Catston Hotel.
Speaker 1: I did have some four X you got the full experience, baby.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many times we'll be going back, So I was lapping it up while I was there. He came back with one head, But yeah, quould they should have They should have won that game. They should have won, They should have won the last three. I don't think that half have been that bad. But it's just, yeah, they're missing something. And I'm trying to even remember a couple of years ago when the Roosters just hit that really patriform neck. It's almost almost similar to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're really It's a real battlet the moment, Kevy was His comments after the game were a bit bizarre, really. I mean, Jordan Ricky came up with it was a late hit on Cat Murray actually, and we asked Kevy about it. He got simmd for it. We asked Kevy after the game about it, and he said, I probably should have got sent off. And then he said, but he won't get charged, will he? How does that make any sense? Mind who's been suspended for two to three games?
Speaker 2: I think from them, yeah, yeah, he go, that was bad.
Speaker 1: It was a cheap shot, and the troll get fired up about it, But that was just that's just frustration, right. They were frustrated footage team because things just aren't going their way at the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was malice in it, Like I think I think he wanted to hit the ball, but I just think it lapse of concentration. I think that's kind of defined the last three weeks of the Broncos. That's concentration and then something stupid happens and then just piles on. Well that's the Broncos for you at the moment.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'll turn it. They'll turn it around. Just got to get a few players back. We should finish. I know it's a week and a half away. We should get a little Origin prediction from me. What are you thinking? We can do them again next Monday. But just let's just let's record this. Well we are recording it. Let's see if you change down the illustrated the Bowl give a ship.
Speaker 2: Prediction Blues thirty six eighteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well that's a big one. I'm going to go Queensland twenty two fourteen. The series will be overhead in the same court, and if it's not, you can head up there and walk down May You've got to go. If you're going to go to Sun Court, you've got to go.
Speaker 2: Origin night. Yeah, that's that's the.
Speaker 1: Best night of That's the best night of the year Origin Night at suncur.
Speaker 2: Talk to the busses about.
Speaker 1: Leave there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for johnning us on a.
Speaker 1: Daily Telegraph in or podcast. We'll catch you next week.