Speaker 1: From the United States. This is Paul Murray Live get I Australia. Good morning from Washington. Hey, have you heard.
Speaker 2: The news in Alaska? What does that mean? The race to two seventy, Well, that is now over. Donald Trump wins the state of Alaska and as a result, Donald Trump is once again going to be the President of the United States.
Speaker 3: The Fox News Decision desk can now officially project that Donald Trump will become the forty seventh president of the United States.
Speaker 4: The foreign presidents come back will be complete with a win in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: How extraordinary.
Speaker 5: It is the greatest comeback in modern political history. To find an example of it, you don't have one this century. You don't have one last century. You got to go back to the century before that when they had the eighteen in front of the years that were being counted down. Now there are many images, many stories, many things to tell you about, many things that you've watched happen all the way through the day. And I've done my best to play that straight news bat because, as I said, all day long, you don't want to rub people's face in it. That's not cool, it's not okay. You've got to be a good win because you've got to be paying attention to the people who are feeling the loss. But we're got to soak the moment in as well. This is an incredible moment in history. It is an incredible victory for people who had been ignored, who had been called garbage, who had been told that their views were not in polite society any further, and they roared. And these were the same people who four years ago sacked Donald Trump, the same people in the same swing states who have now rehired Donald Trump. And in an evening of extraordinary images, a campaign of images, when I think we all felt exactly the same thing July fifteenth, Australian Time that when the bloke got shot, his reaction was not to crumble, but was to fight, fight, fight, And his call all the way through the campaign was fight, fight, fight, vote, vote, vote, And now he gets to say win, win, win. You need to have a look at this photo because this is going to be one for the history books. This is a photo of the exact moment Donald Trump returned to the presidency. He's backstage waiting to go on stage at his supporters in Florida. His son took the photo as he's watching on to the numbers being counted and then the result being declared. To have that image before us, to have an insight into the most personal of moments, is a perfect example about in many ways, the open book that is.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump and is his candidacy time.
Speaker 5: It can be ugly to read at times, it can be difficult to read at times, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's always an open book. And the idea that this was not some sort of filtered special image that was curated by a campaign. It was a son who took a photo of his father, his father fighting back to the place where he will now lead the free world.
Speaker 1: I find it unbelievable.
Speaker 5: And as we were sitting back watching all of it happen, the inevitability coming minute after minute, state after state, hour after hour in lefty land where they thought there was no chance, where this was the basket of deplorables, when this was the people who had been run out of town, to see them coming back.
Speaker 1: Not quite coping.
Speaker 6: I think what it's all said and done, what you're going to see is a huge divide over people who are college educated and not college educated. Black voters came through for Kamala Harris. White women voters did not pure Project twenty twenty five in miniature in Florida and that kind of extreme, sort of extremist, right wing fascist type government in Florida, Does that make it a more attractive place?
Speaker 7: Thinking about the people who are not a part of anybody's elite, who are hurting tonight. There are African American women who know a little bit about being talked down to, you know, a little bit about having their economic dreams crushed, who tried to dream a big dream over the past couple of months, and tonight they're trading in a lot of hope for a lot of hurt.
Speaker 1: And that may be true, certainly for African American women.
Speaker 5: The idea that there was on the verge of a potential first female presidency and a first female president of color, I get it, okay, And what I'm saying is not about those people.
Speaker 1: But the reality was is that in many ways, the.
Speaker 5: People who who they turned to for information have lied to them, have lied to them about the chances of what was happening in this election.
Speaker 1: The New York Times polls that we've talked.
Speaker 5: About day in and day out, when you actually dug into the detail. Eighty percent of people had made their decision about what they were going to do in the American election months ago, so it didn't matter what happened with the comedian at Madison Square Garden. It didn't matter necessarily whether Trump had a good day on the trail or a bad day on the trail. They had made their choice, and they had made their choice because the government that they hired to replace Donald Trump did not deliver for them. They saw a man who, whether many people like it or not, was a man who had been tested over and over again from court room to the media, not even treating his candidacy, one that deserved to be listened to about what he was promising. Like every day, and I've been diving deep into this for months, every day he would make an announcement about, say, no tax on Social Security, that you turn on the American news or you try to find things in the paper about it, no mention, just a silly comment that was made by someone somewhere else, Because there's no possible way that Donald Trump would be able to have a message that anyone would want to hear. But of course they did. As for Trump, when he eventually took the stage. I think the best part of two o'clock in the morning. He took to the stage, and he got rid of the teleprompter. He was surrounded by his family, who he loves the most, and of course the supporters who built a coalition around him that I'm going to talk about a bit tonight, because when the left wins, they talk about how clever everyone was, and when the right wings win, they think that there's some sort of aberration or cheat or a mistake that's been made.
Speaker 1: Quite the opposite.
Speaker 5: I'll get to that in a second, but some of the stuff that happened in the speech just a little longer than you may well hear in other places. He's an example of him talking about that coalition, the coalition that stretches from say Robert F. Kennedy all the way through to the boss of the UFC.
Speaker 8: His campaign has been so historic in so many ways. We've built the biggest, the broadest, the most unified coalition. They've never seen anything like it in all of American history.
Speaker 9: They've never seen any.
Speaker 8: Young and old men and women, rural and urban, and we had them all helping us.
Speaker 1: Tonight, when you think.
Speaker 5: And remember when he was shot and he was going to give his speech to the Republican National Convention, it was all about you know, has he changed?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah he has, because like every.
Speaker 5: Human being who goes through life, what happens to you changes you.
Speaker 1: And think about it.
Speaker 5: Millimeters from dying, the stakes of the election being if he lost, he was going to go to prison for the rest of his life. The example of him as a slightly changed person because of those events was pretty obvious in this bit of his speech.
Speaker 8: Too many people have told me that God spared my life for a reason, and that reason was to save our country and to restore America. To greet this and now we are going to fulfill that mission.
Speaker 9: Together, We're going to fulfill that mission.
Speaker 5: And one last thing about his speech, and I've been thinking about this for a little while.
Speaker 1: What does the word fight mean? Now?
Speaker 5: Obviously, in its worst possible sense, it's about confrontation. But I think in terms of those that have seen Trump coming, or have been pro Trump or trump literate even for the past eight years, fight means standing up for what you believe in, leaning in on what you believe in, standing up for your friends, and in the case of somebody trying to run for national office. Yeah, putting your own country first. Now, that will have its complications. And I'm not going to pretend that the sky is rosy, and it's going to be for some a bit of a rough ride. But to me, normal people fight every day, and they fight everything from getting the kids ready to go to school, to fighting the traffic, to fighting their workload, to fighting to stave off illness, all sorts of things. So when I hear the word fight, I don't hear conflict.
Speaker 10: By his strength, the task before us will not be easy, but I will bring every ounce of energy, spirit and fighting that I have in my soul to the job you've entrusted to me. This is a great job. There's no job like this.
Speaker 8: This is the most important job in the world.
Speaker 5: All right, let's have a look in the results and a little bit more deeply. First things first, he's going to win the popular vote. Now, a Republican has not done that for a very long time, especially when you think about the populations of New York, California, Medians and millions of people. Now, California's vote will come in in the next little while, and it'll be a little bit closer than what you can see on your screen, but at sixty six million versus sixty one midion, that is an extraordinary result if you have a look at the different types of maps that are around the entire Blue War, while he took to that with a sledgehammer. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan. We stand by for official confirmation in Arizona and.
Speaker 1: Also in Georgia.
Speaker 5: But let's have a look at again those swing states and how they all ended up going. Remember the seven that were required Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin one.
Speaker 1: Two, three, four, five, six.
Speaker 5: Seven, clean sweep, and put simply in terms of the strange feeling that I had sitting here as the numbers are all coming in and I'm starting to watch, and I'm going, oh, well, okay, doesn't something happen in the big cities that reverses all of this. As a boxing match, he won all twelve rounds and he saves the knockout for the twelfth round, and that's going to be very frustrating for Democrats and very frustrating for the medium, very frustrating for people who thought that this thing was all raises edge and all the rest of it. And I stand by what I've been trying to hook you into for the past few weeks and months, which is that in the end, I don't know what the margins are in the states. I'll study that in the next little while. And in the end, if you win a state, it's winner take all, and it doesn't matter if you win by one thousand, five thousand, or on hundred thousand votes. So the electoral college will look probably even bigger. But to win the popular vote, that was what Hillary Clinton hid behind, to pretend that there was a need to change the system, that the electric College was some sort of old school, weird connection back to the seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 1: The reality is.
Speaker 5: Is that the popular vote and the electric college has gone his way. Now, let's also dive into even deeper numbers that I know you haven't seen because I've been here all day, all right, And this comes to us via our friends at Fox News. They have done a thing which is not just an exit poll, but they've also got together with the Associated Press to go really deep into who voted where. This will be fascinating to read and study. But some of the headlines you need to see here. Okay, now, remember male, female, all the rest of it. Yep, Harris won the female vote fifty three to forty five, Trump on the male vote fifty four to forty four. The overall composition of the electriate fifty four percent women to forty five percent men. So the idea that it's just a whole bunch of blokes who all got together, No, there were plenty of women too who wanted change and would not vote for the status quo.
Speaker 1: In terms of the groups, this is fascinating, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Fifty two percent, fifty one percent as well for eighteen to twenty nine, thirty to forty four's, forty five to sixty four, and sixty five plus. Well, the break is that basically at forty five the vote starts.
Speaker 1: To move towards Trump.
Speaker 5: But that said, you really need to pay attention here that eighteen to twenty nine year olds, forty six percent of them voted for Trump, forty seven percent of thirty to forty four year olds. So that is extraordinary for a blow coup. Of course, at some point will crack over eighty as the president that he was able to win over those young voters and A key reason why he did that was because he was where they are in terms of the media. We've really got to have a big, long chat and no will in a moment or two is time with my mate James Morrow, which is for an awful lot of people. Yes, they watch things like you were doing right now, perhaps live at home, but then there's a bunch of people who watch YouTubers, listen to podcasters, and there's a there's a theory in marketing which is that if you market to demographics like men and women and eighteen to twenty fours and this gender and all of that, right, that you limit yourself. The way to actually connect and the way to actually win is to talk to networks. And if you turn around and look at who Trump talked to on all of those podcasts, right, Joe Rogan whole different world of people from the left, right and center who listen to that right, the Theo Vonne scenario, which was all about comedy again, golf channels. He even did an interview with the WWE Hall of Famer The Undertaker. So rather than saying, well, I'm an eighteen to twenty four year old male, I'm a wrestling fan and that's how they interacted, and that's how they saw because, of course all of the polite people with their fine little suits in the little well, they of course were off playing a completely different game in terms of the racial parts of this.
Speaker 1: All right, Trump won the white.
Speaker 5: Vote fifty five to forty three, but he got fifteen percent of the African American vote, highest he's ever gone, forty one percent of the Latino vote.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, isn't this the racist guy who hates all Mexican?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: What about in terms of education? Oh, you only uneducated people, garbage. People who went to school voted for him, high school or less. People who even went to college. Believe it or not, they voted for him to fifty two percent to forty six. Oh, you won't hear that in any of the other analysis. Surprise, surprise, the people who didn't just go to university but then had further qualifications after university.
Speaker 1: Oh, they all loved Harris. But guess what, that's not most of the three hundred million people who live in this country.
Speaker 5: Also pay attention here who voted when it came to money, people under twenty five thousand dollars. Harris won those by three points but between twenty five thousand and fifty thousand dollars, fifty thousand and seventy five, seventy five and one hundred thousand dollars, Trump won them fifty one, fifty two fifty two percent.
Speaker 1: And people who went over one hundred thousand dollars, well, they of course voted for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Oh and just finally remember the crazy cat lady thing that was going to kill them. They even worked out today where that cat owners vote went, and that today, if you're a bloke who owned a cat, you voted for Trump. If you're a woman who voted who has a cat, you voted for Harris. But forty six percent of them voted for Trump overall cat lovers, forty nine forty nine. Harris showed herself and her true character, which was that at one point she was applying for the job to be the leader of the free world, but she didn't have the guts to look the people who loved her the most in the eye. Oh, it was all going to be such a wonderful, majestic setting because they thought they were going to win. But just as I told you, both sides thought they were going to win, and yes, there's going to be heartbreak, but can you believe that she didn't even turn up.
Speaker 1: To talk to her people today.
Speaker 5: She'll do it in some press conference somewhere where she can sort of technically conceived and.
Speaker 1: Slide out the back door.
Speaker 5: But surprise, surprise, the people of the United States rejected Kamala Harris as the next president of the United States because she's fake. And there was an example of it today when she was pretending to use a telephone to talk to a voter. But then it was exposed that when you actually saw what was on her phone, it wasn't a phone call.
Speaker 1: The camera app was open.
Speaker 11: How are you telling you? Have you voted already?
Speaker 1: You did? Thank you, Thank you so very much.
Speaker 11: You know, it's it's so.
Speaker 12: Important that it doesn't ready participate. And I thank you because I'm sure you got a lot.
Speaker 7: Of other tea you could be doing ear than.
Speaker 5: A wonder why she didn't win in between talking on the telly. And it's been a genuine personal and professional privilege to be able to go through all of this journey of many months, many years, and obviously tonight, and thank you all the shows and all the people that we've been working with today and everyone behind the scenes on such a cracking job here or Dallas or back home. We had the chance to go down to a party, perhaps the only party that was he in Washington, because it goes more than ninety percent of them. In fact, ninety five percent of them ended up vighting. Democrats went to the young Republicans and they were having the time of their lives as their man was winning. What do you think changed people's minds from four years ago?
Speaker 13: I think he connected with kind of a new party for the Republicans. He's gone more for the working party. He'd been through so much. I mean, there's never been a candidate in history who's gone through two kind of made up impeachments, the Russia scandal that was made up being two assassination attempts.
Speaker 5: Why do you think that, you know, four years ago he swipped away. Four years later the greatest comeback of old time.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, he's great on the economy.
Speaker 5: People trust him, you know, and they're like, hey, my grocery prices are expensive. Gas Schreiser out, this is the guy want back four years ago? Trumps out of business. Why is he back four years light up?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think people had time to actually see what it looks like on the other side and what happens without him.
Speaker 11: I think it's policies. I think that people are not happy with the border being wide open. I think people are seeing the inflation is insane and think that we should be drilling oil here instead of relying on you know, other countries.
Speaker 1: We search our border.
Speaker 11: Yeah, how his apology is for the units are very popular right now?
Speaker 1: Great, first four years, we're gonna get him, get him again.
Speaker 4: Past four year has been terrible foreign policies. So I mean, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Okayt Wait, what happens when you fight fight fight.
Speaker 6: You fight, fight, fight, and you win, win, win.
Speaker 11: That's how you do it.
Speaker 1: Baby Sall.
Speaker 11: Twenty twenty four, there's four years.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 5: James Morrow has been psaking it all up North Carolina where the media was holding on forever to say that he'd won, but it was pretty obvious he did. It was one of the swing states. And James, with the US report, you have remained focused that this was the result you believed was always going to be there. You and outsiders as well, always going to be here. So tell us now that we're sort of in the official opinion zone, how are you feeling to.
Speaker 4: Not well, I'm feeling pretty vindicated. I mean, you know, I don't want to do a little bit of this, but you know you can almost do a little bit of that, you know, the Bill Trump dance. It's it's been it's been a it's been a long run. And I'll tell you what's been a bit of a long night here, Paul. But the important point here is that, you know, from the start, put aside the politics of you know, left and right. In fact, left and right don't really mean anything anymore in the same way that they used to, because you know, first of all, they put into the nomination by an incredibly undemocratic process, the party that claims to be the defender of democracy, this empty suit Kamala Harris, who then went for four months and had absolutely nothing to offer the American people. So why people are surprised by the result, you know, it's a little flabbergasting, Like, really, you're surprised that this person got up and she had like Beyonce concerts, but no policies to you know, bring your gas prices down and bring your power prizes down.
Speaker 1: You know, and people were surprised she lost. Come on, I mean, let's.
Speaker 4: Say that first second, well, let's just talk about those exit poll numbers that you talked about. I mean, this is the comprehensive realignment of left right Left right don't mean anything the way they used to, because you know, now the Republican Party is now solidly the party of the aspirational middle of all classes and all races. I mean, you know, it's not just the income that you talk about, not just the male and female, but you look at some of the other figures. You know, yeah, as you do, black Latino voters came out for Donald Trump, but you know, you also saw people like the Musslim American mayor of Hamtrack, Michigan, endorsing Donald Trump. People of all races realized that the Democrat Party, you know, what they have to offer is you know, unless you're at the very top end or the very bottom end of the spectrum, it's very bad for you because you're dealing with high immigration, high crime, woke politics in your schools and there's not a lot in it for you there. Whereas the Republicans, you know, they're the party of aspiration there, the party of you know, getting out of your way, letting you do your thing and making it the best, being the best you can. There's a slogan that you see on a lot of the Trump signs, and I think he should have leaned into it harder, and that was dream Big Again. And I think that that captures that kind of aspirational idea of the Trump campaign. But I think that's you know what a lot of people in America are kind of feeling like the country has been constrained, you know, intellectually and in all sorts of ways by this you know, overlay of this kind of elite that don't really want people to succeed. They've got theirs and they're happy for everybody else to sit tired and do their thing. And I think that, you know this, there's a great unleashing of the American potential that we see. And we see this with you know, the elevation of Elon Musk and people like that who are transforming the country and releasing all sorts of new energy. And I think that that's really I think that's really important. I think it's a big message coming out of this, out of this volte.
Speaker 5: Now, obviously, you know, the media is supposed to be the representatives of the people who look at the powerful and hold the powerful to account.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to be skeptical, they're supposed to to get up in their crawl.
Speaker 5: And for about you know, two weeks, we saw that when they had to recognize what had happened with Biden, but then of course straight back to form and they were trying to pretend that Harris was you know, Obama in a pantsuit. And yes, they will inevitably the certain parts of it, the establishment media, right, let's not call them the mainstream of the establishment radio.
Speaker 1: They're the acts media.
Speaker 5: Right, and they'll all go back into their corners and they won't learn any lessons of it. But I just want to show you a particularly fun moment Jake Tapper CNN when they were looking at the map and he's trying to find the silver lining on this very very dark cloud for them, And this was it John King walking the magic board and they're trying to find.
Speaker 1: The places where she did better than.
Speaker 5: Biden in twenty twenty. Behold a very sweet moment in TV.
Speaker 14: Are there any places that the vice president is overperforming Joe Biden in twenty twenty so we can show you that as well. We just bring that out here. Harris overperforming twenty twenty. Holy smokes, there you go. So let this go away and see if there's anything in the East Side. There literally nothing, literally nothing, literally not one county by three percent or more.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, James, give me thirty give me thirty hot ones on that year thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean this is the thing. You know, the media covered for Joe Biden, they covered for Calm Harris, they you know, and they never learned from their mistakes. You know, as you say, for two weeks there was a little bit of time, but they said, oh, hey, Joe Biden's not with it, you know, after people like you and me had been saying this four years and say hey, guys, he's not with it. And they said, oh no, no, no, that's a cheap fake. You're fake news. You're a cheap fake. Remember that after you know, at the G seven and he's sort of wandering off when the guys were coming down to the parachutes, and they was like, oh no, that's wrong, You've got it wrong. And then like two weeks later he's out of the race. Come on, this is what happens. And this is why Kamala Harris underperformed. And they didn't expect that she was gonna underperform because they thought everything was fine. They literally looked at Kamala Harrison, Hey, she's fantastic. She's got Beyonce. How good is she?
Speaker 1: And that was like literally all.
Speaker 4: There was to it, And they thought people aren't buying it. They don't understand fundamentally why so, yeah, that's that, good man.
Speaker 1: Congrats on all of you a coverage.
Speaker 5: Look forward to saying more of it in the US Report and during daytime no time an old Times Gouy News. Thank you, mate, We love you all the best to you and your team. You've done great work. James Morrow there in North Carolina. More Rozsi perspectives on an incredible day in history.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump is back as the leader of the free world. And yeah, I think you can smile about it. I want to say more.
Speaker 5: Rossi perspectives on Trump winning the American election.
Speaker 1: The Great Joe Hockey joins us in a moment of two time.
Speaker 5: He of course knows him both before the presidency, after the presidency and as the Australian ambassador. He's one of the sharpest blokes in the country to talk about it. And thankfully he's up nice and early or late at night in Australia at the time. You get the point, we're living multiple time zones all at once. Doing so with us is jo Hildebrand. Of course, you can read him all over the place, hear him all over the place, and the wonderful problem of bishop as well. Let's continue chatting about what's happened here, Joe Gee, surprise, surprise.
Speaker 1: The candidate who was really fake.
Speaker 5: Who wouldn't answer any questions, whose policies were vague at best, didn't win.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Kamala Harris is probably the worst political candidate I have ever seen in my entire life. She is almost almost overtly vacuous. She clearly understands absolutely nothing that she's saying. She clearly believes in nothing. She's a bit like a ring ray from the Lord of the Rings. She's just a soulless human being. That is why she didn't connect. That is why for weeks I've been saying, and I know I certainly haven't been alone, that she was the worst possible replacement for Joe Biden. It speaks volumes to the incompetence and the cowardice of the Democratic Party machine that they didn't tap Joe Biden in a fashion that could have allowed a real contender to come up and have a decent primary where the candidate could actually have been blooded. Instead, you had someone who did so appallingly in the first and only primary she contested four years ago that she had to pull out without a single delegate after the very first debate, an abysmal debate performance. And then she gets handed the vice presidency on a platter for absolutely no reason other than identity politics. Joe Biden said, well, I'll get a black woman, and so he did. If that's not the most outrageously insulting and disgusting thing that any black woman or any human being could hear or imagine, I don't know what is I mean? Talk about condescending, talk about literally skin deep politics. And then she gets literally handed virtually the presidency on a platter again without having to contest a primary, even and it is given to her. She has given hundreds of millions of dollars the entire campaign infrastructure, and all she has to do is just not up. And yet still she manages to just drop the whole lot in a giant steaming mess at her feet, and has handed Donald Trump an even greater victory than he got in twenty sixteen. And this is eight years after they knew Jnald Trump had won, they knew had come from behind, he won a higher number of votes in twenty twenty, and yet they still somehow managed to completely screw it up and give him the greatest possible electoral victory. Anyone could imagine both Houses of Congress, the popular vote, and the entire sweep of swing states. This is incompetence on an industrial scale, universal level. Everyone in the Democratic Party should be sacked and they should start from scratch.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I look forward to just replaying the same one, but maybe changing some words and making it a far more local conversation.
Speaker 1: Perhaps in and around the next federal election.
Speaker 5: But we'll see what happens again, Bromwin, I understand that there's much to say, many details, but there is a sense here that yet again, surprise surprise, the person who wins is the more decisive, surprise surprise, is the one with an actual clear plan. And also, let's get back into that concept of what the word fight means.
Speaker 1: You know, fight by the left.
Speaker 5: Is defined as you're literally confrontational, and January the sixth perfect example of it.
Speaker 1: A disgraceful moment in history.
Speaker 5: But as I said, when you see a guy's been shot at and says fight, fight, fight, and then he says I'm going to fight, fight, fight for you, I hear strength.
Speaker 12: Paul I said last night on air that Trump would win and that it wouldn't take forever to find out either. I believed he would win all along. And I believe that women have been put back enormously because she was clearly an affirmative action DEI pick without the ability to do the job, and that makes it so much harder for other women who are coming through. But there's a much more important thing I think that's happened with this result. And I'm old enough to remember when Ronald Reagan was elected, and for years we'd all been beaten around the head, being told that the United States had to unilaterally disarm itself with nuclear weapons, right, just the United States, and then the world would be a safer place, which of course was absolute rubbish, just like we're all now being beaten about the head with climate change, which is really designed to shift the wealth from the north to the south. So what happened when Reagan came in he developed peace through strength. Strength was what it was all about. In the lead up to his election, they used to say he dropped the atomic bomb and he was a lunatic.
Speaker 1: He was this, he was that.
Speaker 12: He was hugely successful and the world was a safer place because his policies were good and the economy was good. So what I see now is the ability for the world to roll back the nonsense about wokery. He said there'll be no men playing in women's sports. He said that there'll be no surgeries in jails, and there'll be again, parents will be consulted. There were so many issues that have been allowed to creep into our education system, which is scaring the living daylights out of kids and not making them want to achieve and love their country. And he will make love of your country something that people were able to hold their heads up for again. So there was so much riding on this election, and I think that we will see start to see some common sense come back. You might even see big firms giving up esg that they'll start to really look at the proper bottom line again and run companies the proper way to make a profit for their shareholders, to produce goods that are good for people, not to use subterfuse to pretend that prices are right. This is a big opportunity which I think will flow into Australia, and I think Albanezi should be quaky in his boots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good stuff. Good to hear from both of you. All right.
Speaker 5: I know you've been watching Telly, so that's why I let you both go for a while, because you've both bet I can see it's been building all day.
Speaker 1: We've had our big.
Speaker 5: Bursts, all right, So let's do a sped round of answers now if we can. Guys, by the way, it's not really the breaking news because the sky already was there.
Speaker 1: Hours ago.
Speaker 5: At five thirty five in the morning, NBC and CNN have finally.
Speaker 1: Declared to be the next president of the United States.
Speaker 5: So desperate were they that their audience was so exhausted by the spin that they would have eventually been dragged to bed or fallen asleep in the Jason recliner that they just whispered into the microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've known it for a while, but the Orange Man won.
Speaker 5: Okay, often six hours of infomercials. That's where they'll be for the next little while. Anyway, hopefully if our team can turn those things around as we can, just you know, a report on the moment, not a dead enjoy their situation.
Speaker 1: Oh I look forward to that. All right.
Speaker 5: Now, let's get to some of the consequences of this Joe climate change, the Paris Accord, which he tore up when he was first president, he will do so again.
Speaker 1: That, of course, will.
Speaker 5: Give a much greater cover to people like Peter Dutton who don't want to talk about twenty thirty, don't want to talk about twenty thirty five instead of the focus at best is going to be into twenty fifty. Now again, American politics is not automatically Australian politics.
Speaker 1: But let's be really clear here.
Speaker 5: The biggest polluter in the world is China, all right, the developing nation that is setting up a base on the Moon. All right, a developing country would be chat right, like China has got an international space station and held the Olympics twice this century. Okay, let's not pretend that they are what they are. Okay, Now, they're the world's biggest polluter. Thirty times more than something like Australia would do. We now have, of course, the global South, which is the wanky word of saying developing countries, which is places like India, Russia. Well again, okay, we're now over half of the polluters that don't have to apply to the same rules. Okay, the United States is now going to step out of that process. And before anyone turns around and says that people didn't know this, New York Times ask people about climate change is number one issue.
Speaker 1: It was fewer than two percent of people.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about climate change, climate change policy, because again it's not like they didn't know what they were voting for.
Speaker 15: Yeah, absolutely right. Look, the first thing is that you cannot, no matter your position on climate change, is absolutely unconscionable for rich people to tell poor people that they have to sacrifice their jobs and their livelihoods in order to achieve a target which is often quite theoretical and comes, you know, beyond most people's kind of immediately immediate frame of concern. So that's the first thing. The second thing, though, I think climate change, like any other issue that is not bread and butter in the here and now, when people who are struggling to keep their home, struggling to keep their jobs, worried about where their next paychecks coming from, how they're going to pay that next energy bill. It doesn't matter what the complexity is of those or whether China or Charter getting the stuff. When they hear politicians talking about that, they say, you do not understand me. You do not get me. You do not understand what I'm going through. And it doesn't matter if it's climate change or it's the voice or if it's some sort of boutique identity politics issue that left is into. As soon as people hear that, they think, right, you don't get me, I'm voting for the other guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, Bromin also, look again, let's also be ad about this. Elections are a decision on a particular day in a particular year. Right, They're not permanent revolutions, and they're not you know.
Speaker 1: It's going to be like this forever.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about this day in history and the demographics that comes out of the greatest democracy.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 5: It seems that to many Americans, they were willing to go past the definitions of race, gender, all the rest of it. Instead, the economic circumstances certainly comes to the fore in Western politics. Is this the way that elections will be fought one and a law over the next few years.
Speaker 12: Yes, Yes, indeed, because I think that people, particularly young people. I found the young very interesting in the Trump figures because they are seeing what's being done to their future. They don't see there is a future. It has to change, It can't go on like this. So I think that collectively there's been That's why I say this is a most important switch for the rest of the Western world, because it is the beginning of rolling back of what we've been subjugated to, which has been destroying our countries. And I really do think that that's probably them for Australia and for the rest of the UK other countries. I think that's going to be a real takeout, and it'll start with pulling out of the Paris Agreement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, all of it will be interesting to see, and now obviously in the Australian perspective, it'll be conversations about potential tariff's, ucas all the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Look, I think it's fair to say.
Speaker 5: And I am no geopolitical expert, but I'm pretty sure the way Donald Trump works is massive, ambered claim that pushes you all the way back to your try line.
Speaker 1: And then if you can.
Speaker 5: Push twenty five meters back, you win a little. He wins a lot, okay. And in terms of those that are worrying about UCAS, okay, pretty sure the focus of this administration will be taken on China. Aucus is all part of that. Troop deployment is all part of that, all right. So if you're worried about whether they're going to keep building things in Adelaide, they will pretty certain of it. Thank you, guys, do appreciate it. Joe Hockey straight up for the break. I can't wait to have a chat to this man. He knows him personally, he knows him professionally, and he knew this was coming for a very long time.
Speaker 1: We're in a second from Washington for my re live.
Speaker 5: I have been on this rooftop in Washington a couple of times, and when Joe Hockey joins me, I know we're here for a very good ree, and particularly tonight, because Donald Trump has one great man. Of course, the boss of Bondeau partners this election again and inevitably someone's going to see me an email and saying, oh.
Speaker 1: Two days ago you said the poll was fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: The reality is the electric college is what ends up electing people. But how you win a state is a margin of this much or immediate, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the decisiveness of the result.
Speaker 5: I think one of the best things for America, for divided, hurt difficult America was it was clear as day and he's won by a mile.
Speaker 3: Well, it's beyond doubt now, and there have been some really interesting outcomes based on credible exit pole data. Trump did much better with Latino's, much better with Asians, much better with women, much better with people under thirty years of age. And this is all contrary to all these polsters and experts around the place. Even on an issue as important as abortion, five states voted Republican and they voted pro choice.
Speaker 1: At the same time.
Speaker 3: So people were separating the very sensitive issue of abortion from their vote. And it comes back to the fact that it is a fact. Donald Trump campaigned on policy issues like costs of living, immigration, getting out of wars, making sure that there were lower taxes, less regulation, greater freedom, and Kamala Harris campaigned on I'm not Donald Trump, and she failed.
Speaker 5: And it seems like again the you know, there's there's a whole bunch of political science and scientists and gender.
Speaker 1: People who go this issue and that issue.
Speaker 5: But in the end, she reflected the bubble that was around her, right, bubble of you know, New York Times, MSNBC and the parts of Twitter they still like.
Speaker 1: But of course the country's bigger and wider than that.
Speaker 5: And even over the period of time of eight years, the information sources are different, and the information coming back to them is obvious. So when they turn around and say, well, but this job's reported, this economy and you know, this is a form of treasurer right.
Speaker 1: You can't just stand there and say we're.
Speaker 5: Going great because of this green when you're paying thirty for eggs and bread.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't tell people they're feeling good if they're not feeling good, correct, and especially from Washington, DC giving them a lecture about how good they should feel about life. What was also stunning tonight, Paul, was there was a huge swing to Trump in New York City, in New Jersey, in Chicago, in working class America, parts of working class America.
Speaker 9: But also in the big cities and it was universal.
Speaker 3: This is what's surprised so many analysts in the last few hours is that it's across the board, rural and regional and in the big cities that Trump has picked up more votes and he will exceed his vote in twenty twenty. So we have now found the Trump Democrats. Yes, yes, the Trump Democrats have now emerged. And it's driving the Democrats into a position where they need to seriously reflect.
Speaker 9: On what they believe in.
Speaker 3: And it can't be just we're opposed to Trump, because this is the end. This is the end of Trump's reelection and that's it.
Speaker 1: It's done. And this is what I'm fascinating one about effectively.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean, we all know because that building is up for grabs every two years.
Speaker 1: How a presidency.
Speaker 5: Basically in the four years is defined as the first two and then in the case of a president who will be a contest to who replaces him, the back two is different. Right, But these first two to have the Senate, to have the House, to.
Speaker 3: Have I don't know if she's got the House yet. I wouldn't go so far as to call the House because it's so marginal and I'm waiting to see if the Republicans lose those crucial Republican seats in California. Yes, so that's but I think you're absolutely right. The Senate's a much better result for the Republicans they expected, and of course the presidency.
Speaker 1: Is as well well.
Speaker 5: So can I just say this, and can I be the first person to say it on global media? And I'm sorry that you're going to be in the frame when I say this. It means if the Democrats end up in control of the House and try to impeach him for anything, the majority that they have in the Senate means he will not be convicted. So let's save ourselves. Yeah, whatever the hell that might be.
Speaker 3: And you know what's interesting is in twenty twenty, after he was impeached twice, there were no ads run by the Democrats about the impeachment. Yes, this time around, there were hardly any ads about all these convictions of Donald Trump as a fellon and so on, because the American people are just not interested in it. They're more interested in what affects them and their families, whether they can get jobs, whether they can pay for the eggs or the milk.
Speaker 9: They're interested in fuel prices.
Speaker 3: They're interested in whether their children are going to go and fight in another war. They're interested in whether they're going to have people come across the border and lose control of their own communities. These are the things that have made the decision tonight. And I saw some of the media in Australia that's so sanctimonious as to suggest that democracy ended tonight. I mean, oh my god, this is democracy, correct. This is where the people have spoken out against elite opinion.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 9: And actually that.
Speaker 3: Is what democracy looks like, where people speak in volumes and in the majority against what elite opinion is.
Speaker 5: But the same democracy that hired him, fired him has recorrect exactly right, a midterm judgment.
Speaker 1: And then of course in four years time.
Speaker 5: He leaves, but again talking about next Grand Final when this one is still echoing in the States. So Trump the negotiator and also Trump now as somebody who's not got this eye on re election. All right, He'll have a team around him that have been assisted by laws like the change to Chevron deference, which means they can really go after the expansive power of government where basically the government department can make a rule and pretend it to law and enforce it. In the same way, he also comes with an aggressive want to cut things out of the federal budget. Do you think that the first period of that governing. We know he's going to do things about the southern border. We know he's going to try to do things when it comes to international trade. But he has a very clear mandate to come very creak some stuff right absolutely.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because some of the people he has around him, like Elon Musk or Robert Kennedy, they're eccentric.
Speaker 9: There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: They won't be able to occupy official positions like secretarius Aid or Secretary of Treasury or whatever, because they still might not get through the Senate confirmation.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't imagine.
Speaker 3: But he will give them absolute authority to go around and break some shells. And that's what Americans have just voted for. They have voted for Donald Trump to be a disruptor, to change the system. You know what Australians do understand because they travel to the US, is when you go into San Francisco and you see the despair on the streets.
Speaker 9: Or downtown Los Angeles or.
Speaker 3: Even New York wherever it is we see that, and then yet some people are surprised that they've voted for Donald Trump, or the Americans have voted for Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: To stop that, or at least to take it on.
Speaker 1: Well, but this is the thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, literally, we're in Dallas, beautiful, wonderful, amazing city, and we're watching people in a food line, right like if it was a black and white photo from the nineteen thirties, you would think that they just were wearing future clothing.
Speaker 1: That's the level of desperation. So just before we're done.
Speaker 3: And Dallas does vote Democrat, yes, correct, I mean Hillary won the thirty largest cities in America, but Donald Trump won the election. It's because people don't want their town to end up like the big cities. Well now the big cities are saying we've had enough as well.
Speaker 1: We want to be like this all exactly. All right.
Speaker 5: So in terms of the Australian connection, I've spoken that I think aucust remains unchanged.
Speaker 1: I think that that's going to be clear.
Speaker 5: I think the tariff conversation is really code for China, all right. I'm not imagining there's going to be an Australian scenario that said free advice. How does this government which has a Prime minister which has said while he was president what his feelings were, and there will be people that will bring that up to Donald Trump, no doubt. But how does Australia deal with team read everywhere?
Speaker 3: Well, the starting point is don't be a public critic, you know, yeah, good. I always found that could be a private credit and publicly you don't have to support you just don't become a don't join the conger line of critics. And that's a good starting point. The second point is I'm glad that Prime Minister Albanezi has reached out already to congratulate Trump. I think, you know, and I saw Kevin Rudd tonight. I think it's important that they build on the relationships. And look, Donald Trump will test us, there is no doubt about that, because he tests everyone. The question is how we react. Do we react in a measured fashion and work out a solution, or do we simply, you know, respond like half the idiots in the world and just try and criticize him and make life hard for it.
Speaker 5: Correct, don't comment, participate, Joe, thank you love all of these Bondo partners. Of course, a very good way to stay in touch with what might be happening here in the United States.
Speaker 1: We're done. We'll see you again from Washington. Trump one he fought, e won